The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2021, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I have a tee-time today @ 11:35am & a tee-time tomorrow @ 8:30am. Our Member/Member tournament is this weekend (Sat/Sun).
Norm - Sounds like a really great tournament set-up with the four different formats, should be a fun time! I'll keep my fingers crossed for two days of sunshine for you guys. Things are not looking very pretty over the weekend here, 65% chance of showers and thunderstorms both days, Ugh!
Old May 13th, 2021, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
We don't have Awful Houses here in Michigan, so only time I have been is when I've been on the road down south. I love their breakfasts! I would love to go with Mike there! Beautiful morning here today. Come on Spring!!

Greg, you're missing scattered, smothered, and covered hash browns plus a few hundred more ways to add stuff

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/di...boYIaz6hFukGP/
Old May 13th, 2021, 03:26 PM

Ok guys, what is a Carolina squat? I looked at that thread and you had to watch some news show so I didn't. Put a pic of one up, please. Also you guys see the thread about Ron Memmer? Holey sh#t !! Not going to get involved with that... I've bought a few things from him and even drank a beer with him and other car guys at the car show in St Ignace. He seemed fine to me, but I can't vouch for him. OK on to better things... Beautiful day today, took our first boat ride around the lake, ahh spring is great!
Old May 13th, 2021, 03:44 PM
Running On Empty

Old May 13th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Running On Empty

I love hash browns
Old May 13th, 2021, 04:51 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Also you guys see the thread about Ron Memmer? Holey sh#t !! Not going to get involved with that... I've bought a few things from him and even drank a beer with him and other car guys at the car show in St Ignace. He seemed fine to me, but I can't vouch for him.
Greg - You read my comment on the Member thread. I believe I can be straight-forward w/ you since I believe we're on the same page w/ regard to most conversations. The OP joined last month (April), he made one post regarding some fenders or something - several folks made posts in attempts to assist. Not that anyone must, but he didn't make one reply to anyone's posts with assistance. His next (2nd) post (Memmer) on CO involves (IMO) him opening his pie-hole to demonstrate a complete lack of any gray matter whatsoever located between his ears - he waited two years to sound-off, he waited two years and still hasn't deposited or even attempted to cash the checks, he 'supposedly' has "texts" to prove it, and then admonishes the owners/moderators of this site stipulating if they delete his post they are contributing to the concealment of Memmer's dubious activities. And, he posted in the incorrect sub-forum, hasn't posted Mr. Memmer's checks (curious why not) instead he offers original 'texts' (written by who?), etc, etc, etc. I read the thread and thought to myself he's going to hold the moderators of CO hostage if they delete his thread under his threats & finally he sounds like a thirteen year old who just now found out life isn't a bowl of cherries, and he needs to take ownership of his actions, grow some ***** and act like an adult. Life is full of people who for the oddest reasons perform peculiar acts. I think there's much, much more to his story - I don't think CO is the forum for him to post twice in the first month he's been a member brandishing the acts of another person when he himself is the idiot who is still sitting on two uncashed checks he received two years ago and CLAIMS they're no good (never mentioning an amount). I offered him a cookie on his way out.
Old May 13th, 2021, 05:24 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out, and has been all day. I hope the weekend is the same.

Work was okay. Not terrific, not horrible, but okay. We left right at 1230, which isn't too bad. Our lead promises that tomorrow will be a good Friday. Maybe he'll bring biscuits to help that along.

As far as the "tall tale" about Mr. Memmer, I believe the current original poster is one and the same who posted two years ago about the very subject. M-O is the same, and it's the same time of year. My guess? He didn't get his way with an unrealistic request, and set out to discredit Memmer. Then two years later got in bed with him again and also failed to bully him, and is trying the same tactic. Or he's just a doofus.

It sounds to me like we need to set up the Second Running of the Good Morning Thread Meet and Greet. I'd be pleased as punch to host every one of you at the Awful house. We just need to figure out which one. Around here there's usually two at every exit off the interstate and a few smatterings around town.

I think the Carolina Squat trucks are the dumbest thing going. However, I don't think Big Brother needs to get involved with it. A matter of safety? What about the itty bitty wheels and rubber band tires that were popular a few years ago? Another winner, but no one legislated against that. This too shall pass, and it doesn't need any help. Whatever people want to do they need to take responsibility for it. And don't give me the innocent bystander bit. You can't miss those things coming, do yourself a favor and get out of the way.

Went to the shop today and pulled another wreck out of the mud. But I couldn't get it up on the trailer because the ramps were too steep. Time is running out. Maybe I'll go to Harbor Fright and get a couple more of those portable garages. They only take two days each for a dunce like me to assemble, I could take off work. It isn't like this whole charade is costing me tons of money. Oh wait, it is.

Okay bedtime. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Tomorrow marks the 52nd anniversary of the end of Corvair production. Ah, where does the time go. I just saw a car that was built in the last couple hours of that day. It has 4 miles on it.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old May 13th, 2021, 05:24 PM

Greg - You read my comment on the Member thread. . . I offered him a cookie on his way out.
Norm - I read your post on the "Memmer" thread, and the rest of the posts. First, I will say that I don't know Memmer from Adam.
As for the OP, here are my thoughts:
1. Who in the hell agrees to take a personal check these days for merchandise from anyone??? Or, the only scenario even remotely acceptable is the check clears, before anything is shipped!

2. The second Memmer told the OP that he couldn't cover the check, the OP should have tried to deposit it and had it bounce.

3. After it bounced then the OP would potentially be able to get some support via the authorities and courts.

4. If the OP still could not get Memmer to pay up, then I know if it were me, a road trip would be in order to a planned event where Memmer was known to be displaying his wares!

5. Like you said, the OP needs to grow some gray matter, and some *****, and fight his own battles. The dude sounds like a crybaby and a real wuus!

As for Memmer, how does anyone, who from all accounts is well known in this hobby, ever think they are going to get away with stiffing someone on expensive parts without it being broadcast to the whole community??? Something just doesn't add up???
Just my 2-cents
Old May 13th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
As far as the "tall tale" about Mr. Memmer, I believe the current original poster is one and the same who posted two years ago about the very subject. M-O is the same, and it's the same time of year. My guess? He didn't get his way with an unrealistic request, and set out to discredit Memmer. Then two years later got in bed with him again and also failed to bully him, and is trying the same tactic. Or he's just a doofus.
Mike - You may not be too far off in your synopsis. Wasn't Carlisle just a couple weeks ago. Doesn't Memmer go to Carlisle? The OP (Doofus) most likely saw Memmer recently (at Carlisle?). There was no Carlisle last year, but there was a Carlisle two years ago same time frame. Nice job Sherlock.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; May 13th, 2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old May 13th, 2021, 05:51 PM
Running On Empty

This is what I'm talking about - bang the gong.

Old May 13th, 2021, 05:56 PM

This is what I'm talking about - bang the gong.

Norm - Remember when I said yesterday "I'll keep my fingers crossed for two days of sunshine for you guys!" Well, I had my toes crossed too!
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:19 PM

Good evening guys,
Beautiful day, sunny and 70. The day kinda got away from me due to events I had no control over. Wife sold a bedroom chest of drawers, mirror, and two nightstands last night and the guy wanted to come get it this morning so I had to help her get it up to the garage before he came. $400 profit, she's doing well!

Maggie our female bulldog had a wellness vet visit this afternoon at 1215, of course I was put in charge of the fecal sample. She got a clean bill of health, no parasites, no heartworms, although the vet did mention she was getting a little chunky. She's shaped like a cinderblock, but weighs 51lbs.! No wonder she's a little chunky, the wife gives them some no sugar added ice cream every night!

After we got home I did my cardio workout, got a shower, and it was dinner time, where did the day go? I had wanted to get out for at least a couple hour ride on one of my bikes, but it just didn't work out, maybe tomorrow?

Oh, I forgot, I love those Carolina Squat Trucks . . . NOT!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Old May 13th, 2021, 07:09 PM
Running On Empty

Let's drop the discussion regarding the Squat Trucks - I'd hate to influence the suspension on Greg's build.
Old May 13th, 2021, 10:53 PM

Regarding the Memmer ordeal. The O.P. is an idiot for sitting on checks for two years. I dealt with Memmer myself once, and won't do it again. I have heard people @ Homecoming say the same thing when near his set up in the swap meet area.
Old May 14th, 2021, 04:56 AM

Wow, thanks for those pics, Norm. Yeah I love them! I think I could go get 4 cinder blocks and some really long U bolts and make by F 100 look like that.... NOT!! I agree with you guys also about Memmer. But the thing I don't get is the one fella who has taken the OP's word on this matter hook line and sinker! And then getting upset with Eric and Norm and others for calling the OP out... Oh well I usually just ignore this type nonsense and I guess I will ignore that thread from now on.
Old May 14th, 2021, 05:44 AM

It's soooooooooooooooooooooo nice to be able to completely ignore drama

Headed norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old May 14th, 2021, 05:50 AM

I should have waited to get my Covid vaccine. In Alabama they're offering folks two laps around Talledega in their own vehicle if they get vaccinated. Now that's a real promotional offer!
Old May 14th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Running On Empty

I heard another state is giving away $1MM in some kind of drawing to those who are not vaccinated but are going to get vaccinated. Some type lottery or something.
Old May 14th, 2021, 11:04 AM

I heard another state is giving away $1MM in some kind of drawing to those who are not vaccinated but are going to get vaccinated. Some type lottery or something.
Yes, I heard that one too, I don't remember what state. If I was a taxpayer in that state I'd be pretty PO'ed about that one!
Old May 14th, 2021, 12:12 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just glorious out. Sunny and warm, absolutely beautiful.

Was done at work around 11 today. Went to the Awful house and had lunch with a guy I hadn't seen in a long time. So good to see him.

So I'm sitting inside looking at the computer, wasting this nice afternoon. My plan was to mow. I don't have gas for the mower and don't want to get in a big line of people just to fill a gas can. I don't want to work at the shop because I don't want to leave Tiger for the afternoon. I was gone all afternoon yesterday. I am going to work at the shop tomorrow. I haven't drank gasoline in awhile, maybe I could siphon some out of the car. It would probably be easier to go get some.

Jamesbo sometimes drama can be fun, when it isn't your own.

You know what I should do is wash the car. I haven't done that in months. Clean it out inside, do the windows, the whole shebang. If I start with the vacuuming I'll be done at 4 then I can wash it. Hm. Not a bad idea.

Okay whatever I do, see ya.

Old May 14th, 2021, 08:13 PM

Good evening guys,
Well, I decided I probably wasn't going to go to the car show tomorrow because of the forecast, so I headed up to the car cruise-in up on part of old Rt. 66 about 4:00 this afternoon. Got there early to get a primo parking spot. I'm there about 10-minutes and a guy in a '57 Ford Skyliner pulls in. Then a guy in a '65 Mustang, and finally a guy in a '69 Cougar. By this time it's almost 5:00, time for the event to officially start, but there's no organizer, no DJ, and there should be 50 cars there by now, and there were only 4! Ugh, for whatever reason, the event is a no go, who in the hell knows why? The organizer did not bother to notify the car event website moderator to mark it as canceled. It really sucked!

So, now one of my good buddies who's really into MOPARs is going to that show tomorrow. He's currently in the process of restoring a '76 Dodge Power Wagon, but since it's not done, he's taking his modern Challenger Hellcat because there's a modern muscle category. So I'm going to go to the show with or without my 4-4-2 just to visit with him. I'll make a last second decision in the morning whether to take the 4-4-2.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old May 15th, 2021, 03:57 AM

I been thinking about going to a swap meet south of Indianapolis in my old truck. I've been wanting to do a long old school type road trip for a while. Looks like I would be alone. We'll see. I punched up a route on google off highways and there is a route that goes on secondary roads. I might just do it... Went for a boat ride yesterday with sister and brother in law (they're staying for the weekend) and it started to rain. Just got sprinkled on some. Then we went to a bar and had dinner and drinks, came back home and played cards and more drinks, good time. This morning looks nice, I will make some bacon and eggs when everyone gets up. Have a good day guys!
Old May 15th, 2021, 07:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful out. Thought I was up early enough this morning but missed everyone at the Awful house. Eh, good reason not to stay too long.

Going over to the shop today, and the plan is to finish up with everything I need to do. We'll see how that goes.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Old May 15th, 2021, 11:19 AM

Hi guys,
Went to the car show to meet my buddy and his son. I didn't take the 4-4-2 and I was glad I didn't as it sprinkled on and off while we were there, and then a steady rain as we were leaving and on the way home. As I expected there wasn't a large turnout, probably because of the crappy weather. I did take just a few pics of the most unusual, nicest, funniest cars I saw. Enjoy!

Coolest, most unusal vehicle there, note the name

Nicest car there, '70 GTX, 440, Six Pack with air grabber hood, 4-speed car, really, really nice!

Only Oldsmobile there, CS, a '72 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, pretty car

Funniest thing we saw, we all thought the dog was real when we first saw it!

Old May 15th, 2021, 12:07 PM

I like the Happy Hooker, pretty cool. A question for the knowledgeable. My back yard is fenced in with the vinyl, dog eared fencing. Do the posts have a re inforcement of any kind in them? looking at Home Depots site, it appears that there is an aluminum post/support that the vinyl post slides over, is this correct? The reason that I ask is, I want to attach plant hangers to a couple of them, and want to make sure that they have the strength to support them.
Old May 15th, 2021, 05:15 PM
Always room for one more

Boy did I get a ton of work done at the shop today. Got a parts car up on the equipment trailer, and it fought me every step of the way. Got a portable garage built around the rusty Suburban. Got the Barracuda shell pulled up and started getting a few things off it. Two left to take care of, and one of them is going up on the empty trailer. I think I'll take the tractor and push a bunch of dirt up against the other so it's hidden.

Chris my favorite by far is the Sublime GTX. The blue 67(66?) GTO convertible would have been my favorite if it was in a better picture. You can't beat dark blue with a white convertible top. You could have taken your car, it won't melt.

Well I jumped in the shower as soon as I got home but I'm afraid I'm still starting to stiffen up. Bedtime early tonight. Hm, I found a bottle of Kahlua in the cabinet, might have to fix me a drink later.

Okay have a good evening everyone.

Old May 15th, 2021, 05:36 PM

Boy did I get a ton of work done at the shop today. Got a parts car up on the equipment trailer, and it fought me every step of the way. Got a portable garage built around the rusty Suburban. Got the Barracuda shell pulled up and started getting a few things off it. Two left to take care of, and one of them is going up on the empty trailer. I think I'll take the tractor and push a bunch of dirt up against the other so it's hidden.

Chris my favorite by far is the Sublime GTX. The blue 67(66?) GTO convertible would have been my favorite if it was in a better picture. You can't beat dark blue with a white convertible top. You could have taken your car, it won't melt.
Mike - Glad you're making good progress at the shop! The '66 GTO convertible was nice, but up close it wasn't nearly as clean as the GTX which was immaculate. There was a really nice '65 GTO hardtop there too that was cleaner than the '66. I know my car won't melt, but it's still new (to me) and it's my baby. Not knowing how weathertight it actually is, I'm just not comfortable taking a chance. Sooner or later I'm sure I'll get caught out in a pop-up storm and I'll find out how weathertight she is.
Old May 16th, 2021, 04:29 AM
GCH

Nice pictures Chris , i sometimes wonder if i would trade the 98 for a Cutlass for more room inte garage.
But the 98 have an awesome comfort in the seats . I remember last year when i was heading home and
there was an hard rain , could not go faster than 50 km/h and wipers on max because it was difficult to se the
road . But i tought that this is the time to see if the covertible top is weathertight and all went well.
The top should be original from -65 but i have a new top in the garage if i want replace it some time.

Should take the Fatbob Harley to the dealer and erase the function of the "side stand" sensor in the computer
and hope the bike starts better , we have already done this to my wifes Streetbob. Missing my carburator bikes
sometimes and the "real" Harley sound from ewo engines and earlier engines .

Just love the sound of this shovelhead and the style of the bike :

Last edited by GCH; May 16th, 2021 at 04:49 AM.
Old May 16th, 2021, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Nice pictures Chris , i sometimes wonder if i would trade the 98 for a Cutlass for more room inte garage.
But the 98 have an awesome comfort in the seats . I remember last year when i was heading home and
there was an hard rain , could not go faster than 50 km/h and wipers on max because it was difficult to se the
road . But i tought that this is the time to see if the covertible top is weathertight and all went well.
The top should be original from -65 but i have a new top in the garage if i want replace it some time.

Should take the Fatbob Harley to the dealer and erase the function of the "side stand" sensor in the computer
and hope the bike starts better , we have already done this to my wifes Streetbob. Missing my carburator bikes
sometimes and the "real" Harley sound from ewo engines and earlier engines .

https://youtu.be/OMat4_oQPZs

Just love the sound of this shovelhead and the style of the bike :

https://youtu.be/CIVBnaZSbgU
Glenn - Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear your Fatbob is acting up because of the side stand sensor. Hopefully they can erase that function and it solves the starting issue. I always loved the sound of the older Harleys, but don't think I would have enjoyed the vibration of those older bikes.

Also good to hear your 98 is water tight. I think I've already admitted I don't want to take the chance of taking my car out in a steady rain if I don't have to. At least it's not a garage queen, I do take it out and drive it just for the joy of driving it. I put almost a 1000-miles on it last summer, and already about a 150-miles so far this summer.
Old May 16th, 2021, 07:16 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I wanted to get to the Awful house a little early to see my friends. Tiger woke me up at 7 and I said, just give me a couple minutes. Well, 45 minutes later I finally got up. Yep, missed everyone.

Another beautiful day. I'd like to do a little more at the shop but it depends on how long I have to spend at Walmart. I don't like to leave the house twice in a day, it sort of makes Tiger feel like I'm abandoning him. This is going to be an odd week, being at the shop every day after work. We'll do something cool together next weekend.

Okay gotta get moving. I never feel like Sunday is a real day off. I can't get into anything big because I have to end early to start the wind down process and get to bed early. Rumor is we're going to a 10 hour day with three days off. I'd love that. You know what I'd like more? Twelve hour days and four days off. Don't see that one happening but the 10 hour days maybe, if things pick up this summer.

Have a good day everyone.

Old May 16th, 2021, 08:08 AM

Good morning everyone,

Okay gotta get moving. I never feel like Sunday is a real day off. I can't get into anything big because I have to end early to start the wind down process and get to bed early. Rumor is we're going to a 10 hour day with three days off. I'd love that. You know what I'd like more? Twelve hour days and four days off. Don't see that one happening but the 10 hour days maybe, if things pick up this summer.

Have a good day everyone.
Mike - For many years I was on a schedule of eight 9-hour days, and one 8-hour day, to make up my 80-hours over 2-weeks so I got a 3-day weekend every other week. I loved that schedule. I think four 10's would be even better. One of my son-in-laws works 48-hours on duty at the firehouse, and then gets 5-days off, pretty nice schedule, but I wouldn't want his job! Good luck with the continued clean-up at the shop!
Old May 16th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Running On Empty

I crushed the ball this weekend. Took 1st Place - Big $$.
Old May 16th, 2021, 02:06 PM

Norm Congrats

I had to go to a funeral of the Super model's high school friend's father in a giant corporately owned cemetery

Mike, Do me a favor, When I go home to glory please bring an air horn and start blasting it when anyone gives more than a 2 minute eulogy
Old May 16th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Running On Empty

James - Thanks.

In addition to the 2 minute eulogy, the same should hold true for Best Man toasts.
Old May 16th, 2021, 02:21 PM

I crushed the ball this weekend. Took 1st Place - Big $$.
Congrats Norm, that's tremendous!
Old May 16th, 2021, 02:24 PM
Running On Empty

Thanks, Chris.
Old May 16th, 2021, 02:39 PM

I really do like sun shine [ not so much in a suit] but4 30 min was trying my patience

I'm convinced Some people like to hear themselves talk
Old May 16th, 2021, 02:52 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'm convinced Some people like to hear themselves talk
...painful, very painful when they do.
Old May 16th, 2021, 04:20 PM

Congrats, Norm on your winnings. I have fully recovered from the great salsa expolsion of 2021.
Old May 16th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Running On Empty

Thanks, Dan.