The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2021, 04:14 AM

Looks like it was a great show, Chris, thanks for the pics. Well frost on the roofs again this morning, thermometer says 31 degrees, taking a long time to warm up this year!
Old May 8th, 2021, 04:36 AM

Norm, When are ya gonna volunteer for a worth while tournament where Paige Spiramac is playing? I bet you'd pull out the range finder to watch her swing more closely
Old May 8th, 2021, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, the wheels and tires look good. Nice suprise for yourself. Chris, nice pics. I'm assuming that the GT40 was a replica.
Dan - Thanks for the compliment on the pics. Yes, the GT40 is a replica, still couldn't help myself from taking the picture though, I've always thought they are awesome looking race cars.
Old May 8th, 2021, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Looks like it was a great show, Chris, thanks for the pics. Well frost on the roofs again this morning, thermometer says 31 degrees, taking a long time to warm up this year!
Greg - You're welcome! Burr, that is too cold! Much more of that and no one will be in the water until 4th of July!
Old May 8th, 2021, 06:28 AM

Chris, I love the replica GT 40. It even has a Gurney bubble
Old May 8th, 2021, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, I love the replica GT 40. It even has a Gurney bubble
James - I did not know Dan Gurney was 6' 4", but I had assumed the bubble was to allow enough headroom for a tall driver with a helmet on, had to look it up to confirm it though! Really cool cars!
Old May 8th, 2021, 07:11 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ah, first time at the Awful house in quite awhile. I passed one of my friends in traffic on the way over and just caught a couple others as they were leaving. It was chilly in the house this morning and just too hard to get out of bed. But I remembered I didn't have anything for breakfast so I needed to go out anyway.

Chris our dear Sandy was so gung ho about her car and going to the shows. She would post pictures and usually her car would sneak in there somewhere, just like your car way in the back of the 57. It was funny. You've probably heard us speak of her before. Lots of drama in her life that she would share with us, but such a sweet gal. She left us for greener pastures a few years ago.

Jamesbo set the 14" wheels next to the sand blaster. You gonna show us a picture of the car with the new treads?

For sure gonna work at the shop today. It's nice out, hope it warms up a little. Wish the place was fenced so I could bring Tiger with me. Too many critters running around, he'd take off I'd never see him again.

Okay have a good Saturday everyone.

Old May 8th, 2021, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Chris our dear Sandy was so gung ho about her car and going to the shows. She would post pictures and usually her car would sneak in there somewhere, just like your car way in the back of the 57. It was funny. You've probably heard us speak of her before. Lots of drama in her life that she would share with us, but such a sweet gal. She left us for greener pastures a few years ago.
Mike - I've read more than one of the regulars on this thread speak fondly of Sandy, she must have been a good ol gal! Wow buddy, you have an eye for detail, I honestly didn't even realize my car is visible in the distant background in the picture of the 57 Chevy vert, completely unintentional. Maybe it was one of those "Freudian slips" I've heard tell about! Hope you have a great Saturday.
Old May 8th, 2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Well frost on the roofs again this morning, thermometer says 31 degrees, taking a long time to warm up this year!
Didn’t take long here. I prefer your temperatures.

Old May 8th, 2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Didn’t take long here. I prefer your temperatures.

Kenneth - That's frickin crazy, high 90's and 100's already! I went to one of my grandson's soccer games this afternoon and it was 53 and very breezy, I had two long sleeve shirts and a windbreaker on and thought I was gonna freeze. Crazy **** weather for sure!!!
Old May 9th, 2021, 07:00 AM

Here ya go

Old May 9th, 2021, 07:08 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful out, but rain tomorrow. Can't decide if I want to work at the shop or stay home and mow. I'll think it over while I'm at Walmart.

Saw a couple guys at Awful house this morning and had a nice chat. I guess they had to close the other afternoon because they couldn't get anyone to work. They are short people and no one applies. I couldn't blame anyone, it seems like an awful place to work. But a lot of people do so what do I know.

Back to a whole week of work tomorrow. It's inspection week, so I'll actually have to work. It will be nice getting off early all week, maybe I'll get something extra done. Hope the rain doesn't last all week.

Kenneth are these temps coming early for you or is this normal for this time of year? I keep saying I'd like to live there, but more than a couple days of over 100 the novelty wears off.

Okay gotta do something, have a good day everyone. Happy Mother's Day.

Jamesbo the car looks great. The letters match the car, how clever. Too bad you can't keep them that way.

Last edited by slantflat; May 9th, 2021 at 07:10 AM.
Old May 9th, 2021, 07:18 AM

Mike which one[s] of the 10 do you want? Ya can't have the garden hose holder
Old May 9th, 2021, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Kenneth are these temps coming early for you or is this normal for this time of year? I keep saying I'd like to live there, but more than a couple days of over 100 the novelty wears off.
Yes, this is fairly normal. If you weren’t aware, we typically have around 120 days above 100 and 20-30 days above 110.
After 3-4 months of 100+ temperatures ya kinda forget there’s anything different.

Last edited by Fun71; May 9th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.
Old May 9th, 2021, 07:49 AM

Here ya go
James - Your car is beautiful, and those new wheels/tires are really sharp! Just curious, do you feel any difference in the ride/handling?
Old May 9th, 2021, 07:58 AM

Chis, It's like night and day

Imay put the old 14" on the rear and burn the up with the posi

Old May 9th, 2021, 08:19 AM

Good morning guys,
Dreary and rainy here today, 57 right now but one of those weird weather days where the temp is actually supposed to drop throughout the day, down to around 48 by 5:00 this afternoon.

It was our anniversary yesterday, and Mother's Day today, so we went out to celebrate yesterday evening and "ate in" at one of our favorite local restaurants for the 1st time in over a year. It seemed a little weird sitting in a restaurant again. Kinda sad too, there was not a single waitress or busboy we recognized and we used to know them all at this particular restaurant. At my daughters' suggestion, we are all meeting for dinner on Wednesday night this week to celebrate Mother's Day again for my wife, and her B-day which is on the 18th. My daughters' call her their "Bonus Mom".

Not going to be much going on for me today with this weather. Already looking forward to next weekend with two local car shows I'd like to make it to on Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday one is the one that got canceled at the last second last weekend and the Sunday one is sponsored by the VFW in the small town where my youngest daughter lives.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday!
Old May 9th, 2021, 08:25 AM

Chis, It's like night and day

Imay put the old 14" on the rear and burn the up with the posi
Great, I'm glad you can feel a real difference in the ride quality!
Old May 9th, 2021, 09:27 AM

I need to thank all my Olds friends for their tire advice, I'm VERY happy Thanks for the help
Old May 9th, 2021, 10:41 AM

I need to thank all my Olds friends for their tire advice, I'm VERY happy Thanks for the help
Glad we could all help! Isn't it great when a plan comes together!
Old May 9th, 2021, 01:32 PM

Jamesbo, the car looks nice with the new shoes ( looked nice before as well). For some reason, I'm suddenly drawn to the game of golf.
Old May 9th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Running On Empty

Norm, When are ya gonna volunteer for a worth while tournament where Paige Spiramac is playing? I bet you'd pull out the range finder to watch her swing more closely
James Paige played a grand total of one year as a professional golfer (2015-2016) - she couldn't make the cut, lost her card & quit the game of golf (although she's been telling the media she "retired"). How the hell can you retire if you never worked at the game or made any career of the game is beyond me. Just more noodle-head bobble-head noise emanating from her pie hole. Therefore, I couldn't volunteer for any tournament where Paige is playing since she doesn't play professional golf. Honestly, I've never cared much for her personality & demeanor. Yes, I'd played the 19th hole with Paige - in a pinch. Her head is shoved too far up her skirt. The only thing she's good at is flaunting & strutting her 'stuff'. When she joined Golf Channel lessons w/ Paige I almost puked. I can certainly understand why many tongues get hard & conversations ensue, but I don't get on well with bimbos.

Your 442 looks great!

Drove home directly after they rounded Hole 10, went to bed, played/walked 18 @ 10:18 this morning (41/39). Played a skins game today - which I haven't played in many years. Three of us played - I won 12 skins with no birdies! I hope to play everyday this week weather permitting. Club Member/Member tournament next weekend.

Gonna go. I want to see who winds the Wells Fargo.

Old May 9th, 2021, 03:10 PM

Norm, I was just kidding
Old May 9th, 2021, 03:13 PM
Running On Empty

Norm, I was just kidding
I suspected you were, yet it doesn't hurt any to let you know what I feel about her. You kids can get off my lawn, also.
Old May 9th, 2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I suspected you were, yet it doesn't hurt any to let you know what I feel about her. You kids can get off my lawn, also.

Glad you didn't sugar coat it
Glad ya like the new shoes also
Old May 9th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Always room for one more

Such a beautiful day. I ended up staying home and mowing, getting a little painting done, laundry, that sort of stuff. And I went to Walmart and was gone less than an hour. Now that's a success.

Jamesbo I love tires and rims. I'll bring the pickup and we can load them up. What if I take the garden hose, can I have the holder then since you won't have anything to hang on it?

Norm when I was growing up there was a guy across the street who was fanatical about his lawn. I didn't think it looked that great, but whatever. We kids would play all around and the wife would say, play in the grass because my husband will be coming home and he will run over you in the driveway. Well, when he'd get home he'd yell because we were on his precious grass. What a grump. I claimed the final victory when I got older, he paid me to mow his yard for him. I got to walk on it a whole bunch...

Well, I'm done cleaning up in the kitchen, and it's about time to call my Mom. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old May 9th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Right now my lawn looks like a soccer field. Tons of rain over the winter & I think we've had 1/4" the entire month of April - dry as a bone. I recall one guy I mowed his lawn. He'd never mow it when it was due for a mowing. Oh no, he'd wait for the grass to get 8"-10" tall then ask me to mow it. Jeeze!
Old May 9th, 2021, 04:13 PM

442 is beautiful, James! Today wife and I put boat in water, then put cover over it. It was really cold but at least no rain.
Old May 9th, 2021, 04:19 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Thanks for sharing the nice pictures. There's certainly one (maybe two) fire truck(s) in your picture - I wonder who the manufacturer is for each. R.E.O. made many fire trucks back in the day. I saw a decent assortment of them one year @ Iola.

Old May 9th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Running On Empty

After some research, I don't believe the fire truck is a R.E.O. It appears to be an American LaFrance (probably 1928-1933). Each engine cowling has the characteristic three vertical louvered vents (five per cowling on each side). I think these were all 12-cylinder engines.
Old May 9th, 2021, 04:41 PM

Chris - Thanks for sharing the nice pictures. There's certainly one (maybe two) fire truck(s) in your picture - I wonder who the manufacturer is for each. R.E.O. made many fire trucks back in the day. I saw a decent assortment of them one year @ Iola.
Norm - You're welcome for the pics. I've seen that fire truck several times at that particular cruise-in. I believe it belongs to the local Lions Club who is one of the sponsors. To be honest, I have never paid enough attention to it to find out what make it is. Weather permitting I'll go back to that one next month because it's one of my favorites, and I'll check and see what make it is.

About your comment on how dry it is in your neck of the woods right now, we have the exact opposite here. I can hardly keep up with the grass, it needs mowed every 3rd day. Seems like we get 1 or 2-days sunshine and then 1 or more days of rain in a row. I mowed Friday, then it rained yesterday and today and it's already 6-inches tall, crazy!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 9th, 2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 9th, 2021, 05:02 PM

After some research, I don't believe the fire truck is a R.E.O. It appears to be an American LaFrance (probably 1928-1933). Each engine cowling has the characteristic three vertical louvered vents (five per cowling on each side). I think these were all 12-cylinder engines.
Norm - Thanks for the sleuthing. I'll check it out next time I see it.
Old May 9th, 2021, 08:16 PM

Y’all wanna talk about dry conditions. We’ve had just over an inch this year.

2021 Rainfall totals:

Sky Harbor Official Rainfall: 1.06" (-1.76" from average)

Valley Average (Phoenix Rainfall Index): 1.13"
Old May 10th, 2021, 03:13 AM

Thunder boomers, No smacking whitey today

And what ever you do, stay off Norms Lawn.

Norm A dear departed friend of mine once told me, " I heard someone scream PHUQUE on the golf course the other day. It was the second worse thing I've ever heard".

So what was the first? "A woman's voice"
Old May 10th, 2021, 04:01 AM
Running On Empty

James - LOL, You’re pulling out some old ones which bode well for G.O.L.F. (Gentlemen Only Women Forbidden). Did I tell you about my uncle vacationing in St. Vincent when he was approached by a hot gal on the beach? If not, I’ll explain later today. Off for a golf game at a different club with a different t group I belong to. Tee time 9AM
Old May 10th, 2021, 05:09 AM

I'm not so choicey who I play with. If Condaesa Rice axed me to join her at Augusta, I'd be there
Old May 10th, 2021, 05:25 AM

Good morning guys
Bright sunshine this morning, but chilly at 38 degrees at 0700, I think it's only supposed to get into the low 60's today. On tap for today is mowing. Gonna take awhile before the dew dries off though as cool as it is.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old May 10th, 2021, 09:19 AM

Sometimes you get those pics you just need to share!

Only a really good big brother lets sis use him as a pillow!

BFF's for sure!
Old May 10th, 2021, 11:03 AM

(Gentlemen Only Women Forbidden). G.O.W.F.? Fighting a sinus headache from hell, snorted some flo nase, and took some sinus tabs, hopefully it will taper off this afternoon.
Old May 10th, 2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
(Gentlemen Only Women Forbidden). G.O.W.F.? Fighting a sinus headache from hell, snorted some flo nase, and took some sinus tabs, hopefully it will taper off this afternoon.
Dan - Hope the meds work and that you feel better soon! I feel your pain, I suffer from allergies during the spring and fall, no fun!