The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Running On Empty

I did end up removing the lower sash window from the old garage entrance and managed to remove the old paint (heat gun), light sanding, removed old glaze, installed some new glass push pins, installed new glaze & finished off glaze compound w/ light brushing of white powdered chalk. Reinstalled the window until I get time to finish after RBC Heritage which provides enough time for the glaze to set for prime & paint. Weather doesn't look too shabby for tomorrow morning's Tee-Time @ 8:30am. Need to pack for Hilton Head tomorrow afternoon - this generally takes me 10 minutes. I might take a bicycle to get to the course. I'm staying about 1.5 miles from Harbour Town on the island. You never know about the security they put in place at various PGA Tour entrances and the shuttle for the volunteers. I do know everyone is required to answer a question sheet regarding COVID-19 at the shuttle entrances. They did have a mandatory forehead temperature check but they did away with that. It's about a 7.0hr - 7.5hr drive for me to Hilton Head Island (Saturday).
Old April 8th, 2021, 06:51 PM

Norm - Sounds like by removing the window you wanted to make sure it was done right and the repair would last for years to come. Good on you. I hope you have nice weather and enjoy yourself working the golf tourney. It should be a nice time of the year to be outside most of the day. Safe travels!
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:35 AM

Ok, thanks for listening to my bitchen! All better now, I went over yesterday (another nice warm one), and painted more bed liner. I got past all the trimming with a brush and got to rolling, so much faster! I think I am actually ready to paint some color hopefully today. Last night wifey and I were sitting in house about 6:15 and wind blew up fierce. It came out of the south east gained momentum down our lake (named Long Lake for a reason),blew a good sized pine tree down on the neighbors cabin across the lake. Then blink,blink go the lights and out goes electricity. We read some magazines until to dark and went to bed at 8:30, power came back on about midnite. Going for 2nd Moderna Covid shot this morning. Then plan to go work on truck again. I really need to get to some of the springtime stuff, some neighbors already have boats in. Se ya guys...
Old April 9th, 2021, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Ok, thanks for listening to my bitchen! All better now, I went over yesterday (another nice warm one), and painted more bed liner. I got past all the trimming with a brush and got to rolling, so much faster! I think I am actually ready to paint some color hopefully today. Last night wifey and I were sitting in house about 6:15 and wind blew up fierce. It came out of the south east gained momentum down our lake (named Long Lake for a reason),blew a good sized pine tree down on the neighbors cabin across the lake. Then blink,blink go the lights and out goes electricity. We read some magazines until to dark and went to bed at 8:30, power came back on about midnite. Going for 2nd Moderna Covid shot this morning. Then plan to go work on truck again. I really need to get to some of the springtime stuff, some neighbors already have boats in. Se ya guys...
Greg - Glad you didn't have any damage on your property from the storm! You'll have to give us a short update on how your 2nd Moderna goes, I'm definitely an interested party, I'm scheduled to get my 2nd in 10-days. Good luck with yours today.

I'm doing one of those Springtime rituals today, having my Sprinkler System turned on. That can sometimes be an adventure, hoping it was blown out properly in the fall and no busted pipes or cracked heads.
Old April 9th, 2021, 10:33 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Man work just drug on forever today. We stayed until 1130, unheard of on a Friday. Made it to the Awful house only to remember my Friday lunch buddies don't come in anymore. So I sat up at the counter and didn't stay too long. My breakfast buddies are all out of town so I might skip the Awful house all weekend.

Nice here, a little overcast. Was supposed to rain all day, now they are saying after 3. Who knows. I'm going back to get my battery then I think I'll work outside at home.

I'm sad about Prince Phillip. I'm not much of a Royal Family watcher but I thought Phillip was pretty cool and I like the Queen as well. Prince William has the same birthday as me. I'm 15 years older than he is, but I still have my hair. Prince Edward and Wallis Simpson drove a 62 Imperial, I assume when it was new. Can't be all bad if you drive an Imperial.

Ah, the weekend. Hope it's a good one. See ya's all later.

Old April 9th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Those darn Pine trees have no roots whatsoever - easily pushed over especially if residing in saturated soil

Mike - I agree with you regarding Prince Philip. A very decent old chap he was. I quite enjoy his wife, as well. A very decent old broad. What a phenomenal life they enjoyed together.

Old April 9th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Running On Empty

Screwed The Pooch!

36/44 = 80

Front Nine - Eagled No. 6, Birdied No. 8
Back Nine - Let's not talk about it.
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:36 PM

OK guys went over and actually got some color painted, feeling better now...

Old April 9th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - Looking good!
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:44 PM

OK guys went over and actually got some color painted, feeling better now...
Awesome Greg, that looks fantastic! You da man!!!! Keep on truckin . . . pun intended!
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:44 PM

Chris, Second Moderna shot went fine, I feel ok so far, got shot about 8hrs ago. The neighbor who had tree blow on house came over and borrowed my son's tractor, they have tree all cleaned up, and yep, Norm, the roots all came out with it. So they don't have to remove the stump, that's good. He said there is some roof damage but not bad. Hopefully insurance will cover it....
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Screwed The Pooch!
Must have been a Weener dog! Hey, at least you know you got it in you! Next time you'll put those 36's back to back!
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:53 PM

Norm, Next time jes play 9

Greg, I want a Jimmy that color with tan interior
. Looks great
Old April 9th, 2021, 03:50 PM
Always room for one more

Looks good Greg. Visual progress sometimes is huge. But you've made actual progress so that's better.

Today was a bust. Went back to the battery place only to find out they don't have that one. And probably no one else does, either. I can't imagine having to go back to Deere for a frickin' battery. Tried to get the Corvair back together. The crossmember is a good half a hole off from the stud. Back half of the car is on jack stands and the back wheels are off and I'm underneath swinging a giant deadblow. Decided that wasn't the best idea it's back on its wheels and that's that. I'll worry about it later, when the crossmember phuques up the studs and I get to do it all over again. Tried to get the convertible started. The engine is stuck. Starter won't turn it, Can't pull it loose with the belts. Don't have a socket to put on the crank to bar it over. Third time's the charm I quit.

More and more cloudy but no rain so far. They said 3oclock. Maybe it will miss us. I really need to get something done tomorrow.

Norm I sang that song as a youngster, but it was My Country Tis of Thee. Is that song interchangeable when there's a king? What do you suppose they called each other, Phil and Liz?

I think some Kahlua will accompany my nightly MASH.

Old April 9th, 2021, 04:03 PM

Chris, Second Moderna shot went fine, I feel ok so far, got shot about 8hrs ago.
Greg - That's encouraging! I've known a few folks that have felt pretty crappy for about 24-hours after getting the Pfizer, including both my daughters. I don't know anyone personally who has felt crappy after getting the Moderna, the most has been a sore arm.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; April 9th, 2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:28 PM

Good evening guys,

Beautiful here all day with a high of 83. You know what they say about best laid plans. I had planned to chrome polish both bumpers on the 4-4-2, get the sprinklers turned on, then get my daily workout done, then mow and trim the yard, then eat dinner, and then head out to a car cruise that started at 6:00 pm. I got all my chores done and ate dinner in time to be able to head out to the cruise around 5:30. When we finished dinner it was starting to cloud up, so I checked the weather, and I'll be damned if a thunderstorm front isn't supposed to show up around 7:00 pm. No fricking sense to drag the car out and head up there, to be there only a 1/2-hour, before hightailing it for home hoping I make it before the **** hits the fan. Like I said, best laid plans.

1st b-day party for my wife's daughter's little girl tomorrow afternoon at my brother-in-laws house. The weather's supposed to be crappy, 50's and rain, so everyone will be most likely be stuck inside. I think I need to take plenty of beer!

The StL Indian Riders Club I ride with was supposed to have a group ride tomorrow which I was going to have to miss because of the party. I got an email today saying they are moving it to Sunday because of the weather forecast tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to go if the nice weather forecast for Sunday holds.

Hope everyone had a great day and has a wonderful weekend!
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - You should call first.

During Wednesday evening's 9-Hole Shootout the guy in the cart ahead of me nearly ran over a snake riding up to the Par 3 Hole #2. Then another guy begins pointing at it while everyone moves away. I grab an iron out of my bag & ask where it is. Then walk over to it to check it out. Little bugger was ~1.5' long, skinny, didn't want to be messed with, started snap-biting randomly but I was able to get a close view of it - Pygmy Rattler. Looked like a nice fellow so off he scurried. I found one nearly the same time of year along the left-side ditch on Hole #1 (where my errant tee-shot landed).
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:55 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Yes, God Save The Queen is interchangeable with God Save The King and My Country Tis of Thee (America) is our version of same. There are numerous historical articles regarding who wrote the melody and/or its likeness firstly. It has been adapted & adopted to many countries Royal National Anthem.
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - That 1953 GMC 5 glass window truck I had was, what I called, a powder green. Lighter than yours with a somewhat powdery green hue.
Old April 9th, 2021, 05:06 PM

Who wants pie? Marie Calendar's Razzleberry (combo blackberry and raspberry), probably my favorite of all pies! Got to let it sit for 3-hours though. Got a fresh tub of Cool Whip to go on it, I'd rather have vanilla ice cream to go with it, but hey, I ain't bitchin!

Old April 9th, 2021, 05:13 PM
Running On Empty

I didn't know Marie Callender even made those pies. That looks absolutely delicious - one of my all-time favorite combinations, as well. Vanilla ice cream would be far much better - but in a pinch Cool Whip works.
Old April 9th, 2021, 05:28 PM

I didn't know Marie Callender even made those pies. That looks absolutely delicious - one of my all-time favorite combinations, as well. Vanilla ice cream would be far much better - but in a pinch Cool Whip works.
Now that we have a chest freezer, I always pick up at least 2 every time we make a trip to Walmart, only $6 each. I also like the Marie Callender's Coconut Cream alot!
Old April 10th, 2021, 03:56 AM

Headed norte

Mike, May I suggest you rest and do nothing for a while

Norm, If you're in a ditch with a pigmy rattler, I'd call it an unplayable lie . Drop no closer to the hole

Rule 16.2 [ a ]Same as this unfortunate lie

Old April 10th, 2021, 05:10 AM

Mike, I guess I missed what you need a battery for, a John Deere? I'll bet you can get one from Interstate Battery, You may have to order it though. As far as I know they have all batteries for cars, farm equip, etc. I think I felt a little funny last night, just slightly ill, bloated and didn't sleep well, but not terrible at all. I think that may have been from the 2nd Moderna shot. Looks like another excellent day today weather wise, nice sunny morning.
Old April 10th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast and a bit coolish but a nice morning. I slept in almost till 9oclock. It wasn't without some effort. Tiger did his best to get me out of bed but I finally convinced him, somehow, that I wasn't going to. I told him to get up on the bed with me but he'd lay on the floor and huff.

Greg this is indeed a JD tractor that I have. Larger than a garden tractor but smaller than a real one. The battery is also larger than a garden tractor's and smaller than a car battery. And it has a dedicated little spot that nothing else will fit in. Last summer I could get it cranked up by putting jumper cables on it and my pickup for about a half hour. Since I have the battery at home I'll put it on my charger for awhile and then run over and hook it up.

Jamesbo there's no resting for me. I didn't want to say this out loud, because it's so ridiculous, but some asshat has called the yard ****'s on me. I have to rearrange everything so my unregistered junk isn't sitting outside. It's absurd, really, none of my stuff can be seen from the road, so I wonder who's been snooping around my property. The point of having that place was to get a place where nothing could be seen, thus not cause anyone consternation. Although, beautification of the neighborhood is rarely a driving force. The $hitty people in this county only call because they want to assert how much better they are than you. The person that comes out always says it's an anonymous call, which is a lie, so it's hard to find out who called. I do know there were several houses that were flagged so we think it's a realtor(also small r if they pull this ****) trying to make it easier to sell a house.

Okay! Plenty to do. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old April 10th, 2021, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Greg
I think I felt a little funny last night, just slightly ill, bloated and didn't sleep well, but not terrible at all. I think that may have been from the 2nd Moderna shot.
Greg - Thanks for the update on your reaction to the vaccine. I hope ours is no worse than that. We get our 2nd dose on the 20th.

Warm here for 0900 at 60 degrees, but temp is supposed to fall throughout the day into the low 50's. Periods of rain on and off all day, just generally nasty. Really glad I got the yard mowed yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old April 10th, 2021, 12:54 PM

I guess you’re getting the cold front that passed through here a few days ago. Our temps dropped from the mid-90s to the 80s.
Old April 10th, 2021, 01:04 PM
Running On Empty

Departed home ~3:30 AM arrived on Hilton Head Island (HHI) ~10:30 AM. Residing in a (Hilton) Home2Suites hotel. Certainly is spacious enough for the week. Has a full-size upright refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, small kitchenette, very clean hotel. I believe this is the newest addition to the Hilton family. Like other times I've been to HHI, it's like dropping into Mar-A-Lago. I'm in a gated community called Sea Pines. Previously over the years I've stayed in Bluffton. I made a trip to the Kroger grocery store 1/2 mile down the road. The interior of the store is about the size of one square city block. Chris, they have Marie Callender Razzleberry pies ($8.95 ea.). I don't have an oven in the room otherwise I would have been on one of the Razzleberries like stink on $HIT, baby. I have some PGA Tour Shotlink operator meeting @ 5:00 PM & I can barely hold my eyes open.
Old April 10th, 2021, 07:30 PM

Departed home ~3:30 AM arrived on Hilton Head Island (HHI) ~10:30 AM. Residing in a (Hilton) Home2Suites hotel. Certainly is spacious enough for the week. Has a full-size upright refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, small kitchenette, very clean hotel. I believe this is the newest addition to the Hilton family.
Norm - Glad you got there safely. Sounds like you're staying in a nice area and comfortable hotel. Hope you have a fun time!
Old April 11th, 2021, 09:16 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out and just a might coolish. Really nice day to be working outside.

Slept in a little this morning. Tiger wanted to go out around 6 and then I went back to bed until about 830. Skipped the Awful house again and went straight to Walmart. Was in and out of there in about 20 minutes. That has to be some kind of record.

My friend in Alabama says he wants to come help me move stuff around. He'll be here next weekend, and I hope he can help me finish up.

Norm there's a brand new Home2Suites in Pensacola. Haven't stayed in it of course but it sort of on the edge of town, close to I-10. Looks a little too modern to be a Hilton. I always think of them as grand and stately. This place looks like a hippie would stay there. Okay a rich hippie.

I expect a lot of grief from what I intend to move today. Better get to it. Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Old April 11th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - This place looks much different than the picture you posted, but hey I’ve seen Hilton’s turn to Westin’s, Marriotts turn to Hilton’s, Holiday Inns turn to Days Inns (owned by a Patel, of course) and Howard Johnson’s turned to Motel 6. Hotel chains are like large smorgasbords. This place is “OK” - I have a good rate, but the quality is very average. The building exactly next door is a Springhill Suites owned by Marriott. The building is turned 90 degrees and 100% identical. Go figure. I’m sure both of these buildings met the approved City Council standards for design features of the community. They’re designed for extended stay type scenarios with kitchenettes. My first work day at the tournament is Wednesday during ProAm, Th, F off Sat and final on Sunday.
Old April 11th, 2021, 10:13 AM

Good morning guys (still barely morning here at 1130),

Mike - Good luck moving stuff today, doesn't sound like much fun.

Didn't sleep very well last night, I'm thinking it was too much food, and possibly one too many beers, at the step-grandaughters birthday party yesterday. We had a nice time, but we were there 6-hours, 8-hours total when you include a 1-hour drive each way. The party was for my wife's oldest daughter's little girl and they came all the way from Colorado Springs and my wife rarely gets to see them, so I knew to keep my trap shut even if she had wanted to stay 12-hours. She wouldn't do that of course because she wouldn't make the dogs go that long without being able to go outside.

Taking my time getting the 4-4-2 ready for show/cruise season. I mentioned I polished the bumpers the other day, this morning I cleaned and treated the black vinyl roof and interior vinyl surfaces. After I cleaned the surfaces with a mild cleaning solution, I treated them with a product called ProtectAll which I discovered through a recommendation from the company that made the custom vinyl seat on my Yamaha. In addition to providing a nice shine, this product is supposed to keep the vinyl soft and pliable, plus give it a high degree of UV protection, so I thought it would be an especially good choice for the vinyl top and dash.

Since the weather was so crappy yesterday, the Indian Riders Club group ride got pushed to today. I seriously thought about going and set my alarm to get up in time to go. After not sleeping well, I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. Just as well, when I did get up at 0730 it was pretty cool (50ish) with wind gusts up to 30 mph, not my idea of enjoyable weather to ride in. I may go out for a local ride later if it warms up a bit and the wind will lay down. Right now I'm thinking maybe I'll just watch some of the final round of the Masters, and maybe a nap!

Have a great day guys!
Old April 11th, 2021, 10:22 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - I vote for a map while watching the final round.

Mike - The GM of this Home2Suites and me were just now talking outdoors. The old broad (about my age) is from Humboldt County California. You weren’t far off on maybe a rich hippies type place. I wonder if she has a small field of Kush crop nearby? She still owns 23 acres in Humboldt Co. I did not ask what was growing on it.
Old April 12th, 2021, 02:49 AM

Norm,

Golf question de jour.

How does Matsuyama understand a ruling

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...BingNewsSearch
Old April 12th, 2021, 03:52 AM
Running On Empty

Good question. I believe that one American man follows him around and is his interpreter? Not sure. How about that young blonde guy Zalatoris? Rather impressive.

I just walked over to this local Diner for breakfast - opens @ 7am. I need to look up the up-to-date player field but many of the guys from Augusta will be here.
Old April 12th, 2021, 04:05 AM
Running On Empty

James - Bob Turner

https://nypost.com/2021/04/11/bob-tu...ters-champion/
Old April 12th, 2021, 04:14 AM
Running On Empty

Old April 12th, 2021, 06:39 AM

That looks pretty good Norm.

Good morning everyone. And innit a lovely day?
Old April 12th, 2021, 07:13 AM

How about that young blonde guy Zalatoris? Rather impressive.
Norm - Zalatoris was pretty impressive wasn't he! For being 24, and it being his 1st time there, he seemed cool as a cucumber all day, I was impressed. I don't watch as much golf as I used to and that was the 1st time I've seen him. Every time they showed him I couldn't help but think of the actor Owen Wilson.
Old April 12th, 2021, 07:31 AM
Running On Empty

CW - Eggs Benedict was well worth the walk to the diner 700’ from my hotel.

Chris - Indeed a good resemblance to Owen Wilson.

I drove down & into the Volunteer Parking lot shuttle area this morning to ensure I knew the directions. Same parking area as in previous years except I’m residing in a different location. I don’t like last minute confusion when I’m on a timeline. My first workday is Wednesday so I’m all set. I dropped in to that enormous Kroger grocery store on my return & i remain amazed at its size. I thought of golfing while here and/or taking in some extracurricular activities but honestly I find nothing wrong with just kicking back & relaxing a couple days before the chaos begins.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; April 12th, 2021 at 07:33 AM.