The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2021, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
CW - Eggs Benedict was well worth the walk to the diner 700’ from my hotel.

Chris - Indeed a good resemblance to Owen Wilson.

I thought of golfing while here and/or taking in some extracurricular activities but honestly I find nothing wrong with just kicking back & relaxing a couple days before the chaos begins.
Norm - The breakfast looked good! Nothing wrong with some complete downtime, that's pretty much what I did all day yesterday, kicked back and relaxed. I am assuming they're having a Pro/Am round on Wednesday? Those are probably fun to watch.

These pics are for the guys who may not know what Will Zalatoris looks like, or Owen Wilson for that matter.

Will Zalatoris, 24, PGA professional golfer

Owen Wilson, actor and screenwriter

Old April 12th, 2021, 08:09 AM
Running On Empty

Yes, ProAm Wednesday. Many/Most players and/or caddy’s wives/girlfriends (hookups) are walking the ropes following respective groups - which is, of course, the focus of my attention on Wednesday.
Old April 12th, 2021, 08:18 AM

Yes, ProAm Wednesday. Many/Most players and/or caddy’s wives/girlfriends (hookups) are walking the ropes following respective groups - which is, of course, the focus of my attention on Wednesday.
Sounds like fun! Hope you have a great time!
Old April 12th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Running On Empty

Just got off phone with my friend Dave Casper (#87 Oakland Raiders) - always good to talk w/ Dave. i don't sometimes know which Dave is going to answer the phone, but today he was running on w/ good conversations - conversations, actually. You know, the type of dialogue where you each get to speak/listen and converse - often (most often) over the years Dave runs away with talking without much listening - today we had good conversations. Dave is 69 (8 months older than me - I'm 68). John Madden is 85 and John is still hanging in there - he isn't completely convalescent but doesn't really leave his home to go anywhere any longer. Dave moved to Stuart, FL two years ago (in a condominium along the Intracoastal). What I thought was going to be a ten minute conversation lasted nearly one hour - we enjoyed ourselves.

Bright, sunny weather. There may be a nap in my immediate future.
Old April 12th, 2021, 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Vintage Chief;1333995]Just got off phone with my friend Dave Casper (#87 Oakland Raiders) - always good to talk w/ Dave. i
[QUOTE]

Norm - I just can't get over the fact you're a personal friend of Dave Casper. When I was young the Raiders of that era were my favorite team. Kenny "The Snake" Stabler, Fred Bilitnikoff, Marv Hubbard, Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks, Otis "University of Mars" Sistrunk, what a cast of stars and characters they had. Absolutely loved John Madden, and even quirky Al Davis. No one was more permanently damaged by "The Immaculate Reception" than me. Boy would I love to sit down with Mr. Casper for an afternoon and listen to all the stories. I'm very envious!
Old April 12th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Running On Empty

I’ve been on St. Vincent Island a couple times - tiny Island but beautiful. I hope it doesn’t disappear.
Old April 12th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Long day. I think they had the washer set on 4 wheels an hour. The bad lead said we were only breaking down 125 but 2:30 came and we weren't finished. I didn't think the day would ever end.

Got home and went to get one of the cars. It was already on the trailer so I brought it over and unloaded it and quick threw a cover over it before my shitty neighbor came out to take pictures. I've got room for a few more, hopefully I can squirrel away whatever is at the shop that is "in violation." What a crock.

I don't know any famous people. I think I said on here before that my Mom knew Ernie Banks. She had no idea who he was when she met him, and that tickled him. I have met famous people before. I met Paula Deen at a book signing. I met Richard Simmons(of all people) when he did a fitness show in the local mall in the 80s. My Mom and I sat next to the Statler Brothers during dinner when we went to see their show. Mom said, should we say something? I said no, let them eat. Just then a bunch of old ladies came up and started badgering them. To their credit they were very gracious and talked with them. Oh and Willard Scott and I were on the same plane once. He sat hiding behind a newspaper in the gatehouse but when we were all on the plane some snotty kid recognized him and yammered the whole flight. The kid's parents looked on like, oh how smart our boy is. I could see agony in Willard Scott's face. Luckily the ride was only an hour.

I think I'm gonna hit the sack. No doing dishes, no watching MASH. I'm beat. I unloaded that car with a come along, 4 inches at a time. I was grumbling about not having the winch hooked up all the way on my big trailer, but really, the big trailer is too big for the driveway. So it goes.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old April 12th, 2021, 04:43 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - I have a neighbor I call “$hit For Brains”.
Old April 13th, 2021, 02:41 AM

Mike, Ya should have looked around the airport to meet some more famous people
Old April 13th, 2021, 04:48 AM
Running On Empty

Reminds me of my previous work life - a used piece of jet trash.
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:14 AM

???????
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:16 AM
Running On Empty

Every week I was on a minimum of two flights - most often four flights per week traveling to a work destination.
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:27 AM

Reminds me of a previous period of my work life too! During a 2-year period immediately following the 9/11 attacks, myself and members of my technical team made 46 separate trips to several defense contractor sites across the country to do onsite review and acceptance of a variety of mapping and intelligence products that were then shipped directly to our troops abroad. A memorable, but miserable existence living out of a suitcase that much, not to mention the time lost with my young girls that I could never get back!
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:44 AM
Running On Empty

I had this all figured out when I retired from Microsoft. I averaged 137 flights/year for 7 years. About 1,000 flights. The guys and gals who really work for their money are the puddle jumpers (pilots/attendants). They fly about 4-6 flights/day for an average work week of 4 days - logging about 1,000 flights/year - commuter crews - Dash 8/CJ pilots/crews and the like.
Old April 13th, 2021, 06:25 AM

I had this all figured out when I retired from Microsoft. I averaged 137 flights/year for 7 years. About 1,000 flights. The guys and gals who really work for their money are the puddle jumpers (pilots/attendants). They fly about 4-6 flights/day for an average work week of 4 days - logging about 1,000 flights/year - commuter crews - Dash 8/CJ pilots/crews and the like.
Norm - That's a crazy amount of flights and time on the road! I don't think I could have done that for that many years and stayed sane!
Old April 13th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - That's a crazy amount of flights and time on the road! I don't think I could have done that for that many years and stayed sane!
There aren’t many women/wives willing to accommodate this lifestyle from their partner. Care to know why I am single?
Old April 13th, 2021, 06:38 AM

There aren’t many women/wives willing to accommodate this lifestyle from their partner. Care to know why I am single?
Nope, those kind of numbers for time on the road (or on the run, LoL) pretty much told the story!
Old April 13th, 2021, 08:07 AM
Jeff

In my first go-round of "work from home" while with EDS (that's Electronic Data Systems for those of you unfamiliar... Ross Perot's old company), I used to have to fly to Herndon, VA often. First 6 months or so was 3 weeks in, 1 week at home. Most of that was fly home for the weekend. I absolutely hated it. The work from home started because the wife and I were living in separate states and we had a newborn, so my place in Clarkston, MI was not being lived in very much. I had essentially moved to Massillon, OH and was flying out of the little Canton/Akron airport, to Cinci, to Dulles. After she got a job transfer back to MI, I was able to convince my boss that I did not need to be on-site as often, so the trips gradually decreased to once/month and then once/every other month. I do NOT miss frequent air travel, because my legs do not fit comfortably into coach. The first couple of years were helped by hitting elite FF status, so I'd often get upgraded or could at least select the exit rows.

My airplane celebrity stories: meeting "Benchwarmer Bob" Lurtsema from the Minnesota Vikings during Hall of Fame Week in Canton on a little puddle jumper. I was kind of bummed I had to travel that week, because it was when Barry Sanders was being inducted. The proximity of our residence would have allowed me to get tickets and attend, but noooooooooo... had to fly to VA. Anyway, I noticed a rather large ring, and had to ask about it (it was his NFC Championship ring). We wound up talking most of the flight, the old fella had MASSIVE hands and was a really nice guy. The other story was interrupting Colin Mockerie and Kegan Michael Keyes while walking between them in first class boarding a flight from LA to Detroit. I am such an idiot... I was going to try and sneak a cell phone picture, but the stupid flash was on... Colin just gave me a look. I slow-blinked, shook my head, and dropped my head in shame. He kind of chuckled.
Old April 13th, 2021, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
In my first go-round of "work from home" while with EDS (that's Electronic Data Systems for those of you unfamiliar... Ross Perot's old company), I used to have to fly to Herndon, VA often. First 6 months or so was 3 weeks in, 1 week at home. Most of that was fly home for the weekend. I absolutely hated it.
Jeff - Certainly a tough scenario too! Glad you were able to find a workaround sooner than later!
Old April 13th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Jeff

Jeff - Certainly a tough scenario too! Glad you were able to find a workaround sooner than later!
It was a tough first year with the baby, that is for sure. Now, that baby is 17yo and his brother is 14. Where did the time go???

Got second stabby-stabby of Pfizer today at 2pm. Feeling fine so far.
Old April 13th, 2021, 12:20 PM

I always assumed it was because you played too much golf

"Happy wife, happy life" is my motto
Old April 13th, 2021, 04:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another long day at work. There were 19 wheels we didn't get to yesterday, which is no problem because a large amount of wheels we did were not finished down the line. Today's wheels numbered 140. Why we processed that many wheels when the front only returned 132 is beyond me. The bad lead also moved everyone around so the operation was the least productive possible. I told my lead I was going to sandbag tomorrow. He laughed. He said he didn't believe it. Uh huh. The bad lead wants slow, he'll get slow.

I thought the Masters people weren't allowed to keep the green jacket? I heard Tiger Woods got in trouble some years ago for taking it with him and wearing it when he went out.

Well I didn't get squat done after work today. It's beautiful out and I could have gotten one car moved. Instead, I talked on the phone. My buddy who's coming this weekend called and I talked with him for an hour. Then I was ready to go outside and a guy called from Ohio. I didn't really mind when he called because he is good for a few minutes and then oops, someone else is calling... sure enough, about 30 minutes into the conversation he said, oh my son from California is calling, gotta go. By that time it was almost 5 and I thought the hell with it.

Well tomorrow is Hump Day. My prediction is I'll be there until the end. My lead says, when you're finished doing that job you can go home. The bad lead does everything he can to undo that. Shitty is what that is. Poor sportsmanship. Poor leadership. Just shitty.

Okay gonna clean up what I didn't last night, then maybe start with my taxes. I won't be staying up late tonight that's for sure. I did sleep good last night, I'd like to repeat that. Have a good evening everyone.

Old April 13th, 2021, 04:56 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - You’re close regarding Green Jacket. Green Jackets are the property of ANGC. They must not leave the premises with one exception. The ‘Winner’ is allowed to take the Green Jacket home, for one year; but, must be returned to the premises the following year. This is accomplished when the returning (defending) champion (winner) places a Green Jacket on the following years new winner.
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:19 PM

Norm, I'm really looking forward to next years dinner menu

Wagyu? Kobe?
Old April 13th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Running On Empty

Sounds nice. Accompanied with matsutake mushrooms and Densuke Black Watermelon for dessert.
Old April 14th, 2021, 01:37 AM

Norm, I thought of you when I yanked this off it's hanger in the closet

Old April 14th, 2021, 05:10 AM
Running On Empty

James - is that Harbor Club or Harbour Club (on my phone)? Is it from Harbour Town (HHI) or a resemblance?
Old April 14th, 2021, 05:20 AM

I have no idear but it's kinda hard to take a picture of a shirt sleeve when you're wearing it

BTW The other day we were talking pimento cheese. You may find this war amusing. Personably, I think Augusta takes it self WAY too seriously

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...heese-sandwich

Edit, It not where you are, it's at Lake Oconee Sorry I'm often confused

But I still thought of you .It's the thought that counts /Right?
Old April 14th, 2021, 05:45 AM
Running On Empty

The shirt is interesting. There are several large horse riding boarding facilities here at Harbour Town. I’ve seen several groups out riding on the Uber private facilities - can’t recall if I saw any Polo mallets, but all the attenuate regalia was being worn.

The pimento czar war is excellent. Kevin Kisner is from Aiken, SC.
Old April 14th, 2021, 06:55 AM
Jeff

Yo, good morning... since there appeared to be interest regarding reporting of "how ya feelin'" after the vax...

Morning after getting my 2nd dose of Pfizer: nothing to report. Feel fine. However, yesterday afternoon, a few hours after getting the shot, I was a tad foggy and very sleepy. That's it.

Old April 14th, 2021, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Morning after getting my 2nd dose of Pfizer: nothing to report. Feel fine. However, yesterday afternoon, a few hours after getting the shot, I was a tad foggy and very sleepy. That's it.
Jeff - Glad to hear you're not having any significant reaction!
Old April 14th, 2021, 08:55 AM

Had mine about 2 hours ago. Just made me hungry. I may have a pork deficiency because of giving it up for Lent

Think, I'll have sum ribs and tater salad [with bacon bits] fer lunch. Dat should help

Old April 14th, 2021, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Had mine about 2 hours ago. Just made me hungry. I may have a pork deficiency because of giving it up for Lent

Think, I'll have sum ribs and tater salad [with bacon bits] fer lunch. Dat should help
James - Glad you not having a reaction so far!

You know me and pork. Ribs and tater salad sure sounds good! I really like the sweet vinegar based poppy seed slaw with my ribs too! Now I'm hungry.
Old April 14th, 2021, 10:07 AM

I really like the sweet vinegar based poppy seed slaw with my ribs too! Now I'm hungry.

I had that last nite with the ribs
Old April 14th, 2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I had that last nite with the ribs
You da man!!!
Old April 14th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Running On Empty

I had an Italian sub w/ chips. This hacker was next to me.

Old April 14th, 2021, 11:47 AM

I wish I "Hacked' in his league
Old April 14th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain this afternoon. That's okay, I was talking on the phone instead of doing what I was supposed to. I don't think it will last long.

Another long day. The bad lead had the washer turned down to the lowest setting. I did some math, and at that speed it would kick out 96 wheels in an 8 hour period. A little short of the 132 he usually wants. Today he saw that we would be far behind, so with about an hour to go he turns it up. Probably just one notch, but the wheels start coming out noticeably faster. Still didn't help. We finished far below what we needed. And our punishment for his dickery, we stayed until right at 230. My lead wasn't there today. Said he didn't sleep well last night. Well hell, I don't sleep good a lot of nights, wonder if I could use that excuse.

So, back to talking on the phone. I'm finally going to go out to the museum I'm a member of in a couple weeks. This is the Harrah's car museum in Reno. For the longest time the airport had these criptic messages on its website about sheltering in place, quarantining, without really coming out and saying what the real rule was. The curator told me to stay home, nobody knew what was going on. Well the messages are gone, but they are a little overboard with their mask nonsense. Eh, choose your battles I guess. A friend of mine wants to go with, he'll love the place. That's who I was talking with on the phone. Everything is all set.

Two more to go. My buddy is all set to come out this weekend to help me move stuff. It should be interesting if he needs any kind of assistance because he doesn't have a phone, nor will he have a phone after he leaves home. I told him I'll be easy to spot at the airport, I'll be in a silver midsized sedan.

Okay hope everyone has a good evening. I'll be in bed in the next few minutes. Can't not sleep good...

Old April 15th, 2021, 05:32 AM

Mike, Sounds like you need a new lead to give you time to house hint

Serious question

Is anyone else married to a lady that enjoys watching men beat the slop out of each other. Cinderella Man [I think] is her all time favorite movie.
Old April 15th, 2021, 06:11 AM
Running On Empty

James - I believe, in general, women like/enjoy watching men beat the slop out of each other because it demonstrates confidence in guys. They get a rush out of watching guys pummel each other.