The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2024, 02:44 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Ya beat me to it Norm!

Old May 29th, 2024, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Oh wait...you can blame it on the dogs.
You got it brother, with 2 Bulldogs sleeping between us, I'm covered!
Old May 29th, 2024, 03:20 PM

Why are there beans on your dogs?
Old May 29th, 2024, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Why are there beans on your dogs?
Chili Man brand canned chili. I like the brand, and my Chili w/beans.
Old May 29th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Running On Empty

I don't mind (sorta like) chili on a hot dog or a cheese hot dog. I can't say I'd like beans on my dogs.
Old May 29th, 2024, 05:46 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

No I didn't do more work than usual today, but was kept busy by running here and there, going out to lunch, listening to inane words from one of the higher ups. And the lead left early and we were sitting there like idiots at 230, so we all just left. In fact I think the whole shop left and didn't tell us. He'll have to hear about that in the morning.

Dan the pictures came and look fantastic, thanks a lot! They probably toured the country but arrived intact. Really appreciate it.

As for Jamesbo, I hear he's doing well and getting along, probably sitting out in a lawn chair waiting for people to come visit the cemetery. He could pop in here if he wanted, or answer errant texts...

Canned chili? I like Mom's chili. She actually makes it, yes with beans, and it isn't very hot. Neither one of us like it very aggressive. Awful house's chili comes out of a bag. Guess how good that **** is.

Okay time for bed. I'm not going in early this week so I can sleep to the late hour of 345. Was chilly this morning when I left, but rather warm when I left work. I think it will be a repeat tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old May 30th, 2024, 05:46 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Surprise surprise the lead isn't here. If I were a betting man I'd say he won't be here tomorrow, either. That's okay, the place runs better without him. Same wall guy.

You know on a couple of occasions people have asked me if I wanted to work at the Awful house. I think I'd last about 5 minutes. Now if I were manager, no, it would still be 5 minutes because I'd fire all the dolts and there would be few others and they'd quit when they saw how much work they'd have to do to make up for it. And that's how I'd answer the phone, thank you for calling Awful house.

Gotta set a couple mouse traps at Mom's. I don't know how they got in, but they can't stay. Don't want to put down poison, because the dog might get into it. I don't know who asked the mouse this, but I've read that a mouse knows it's a trap and that it will die, but its love for peanut butter(the bait) outweighs that.

Okay gotta find something to do. Hope everyone has a good day. One more unless you're working Saturday with me.

Old May 30th, 2024, 06:54 AM

Mike - Thanks for your update last night saying you've heard Jamesbo is doing well. Good luck with the mice, they can be a real PIA.
Old May 30th, 2024, 08:42 AM

Black Cat makes good traps. The snap traps are good. The Tin Cat is good, too, as it gets the mice in there and the dog can't get them.

I have used the Redneck Mouse Trap before.

I like my current mouse trap. The neighbors have two barn cats that roam. I am close to one of them. I pet him and pull ticks with pliers when he gets one on his neck.
Old May 30th, 2024, 11:10 AM

Duh, imbecile User Error! Just posting to get back on the thread after accidentally unsubscribing.
Old May 30th, 2024, 12:38 PM

Mike, you're welcome. Chris, rookie!
Old May 30th, 2024, 12:53 PM

Waiting on a guy to haul away a sh!tload of old patio blocks and other crap, apparently cannot tell time. (I'm **** punctual).
Old May 30th, 2024, 01:18 PM

Waiting on a guy to haul away a sh!tload of old patio blocks and other crap, apparently cannot tell time. (I'm **** punctual).
What are you having a fit about, you should know by now your time isn't important!
Old May 30th, 2024, 01:22 PM

What are you having a fit about, you should know by now your time isn't important!
I guess not, but at least he should call if delayed.
Old May 30th, 2024, 01:25 PM

I guess not, but at least he should call if delayed.
Trust me, I'm right there with ya brother. People like that aggravate me to NO END!
Old May 30th, 2024, 04:01 PM

apparently cannot tell time.
Sounds like every doctor visit I've had my entire life.
Old May 30th, 2024, 05:39 PM

Well, the guy never showed up or called. On to someone else. I saw a post that Jim shared on FB earlier today. Good to see that he is active.
Old May 30th, 2024, 06:11 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Sounds like every doctor visit I've had my entire life.
I always schedule any medical visit appointments @ 8:00AM.

Well, the guy never showed up or called. On to someone else. I saw a post that Jim shared on FB earlier today. Good to see that he is active.
I'm convinced people are basically douche nozzles. I'd be curious if Jim's PT is to walk 18 holes every day. Did he say how he's hitting them?
Old May 30th, 2024, 06:39 PM

What a POS!

Thanks, glad to hear Jim is active.
Old May 30th, 2024, 07:04 PM

My neighbor is being passive aggressive and mowing past the property line to make a point. I'll mow tomorrow. I have too good of manners to point out that his big oak by the street is deader than my love life and he should have it taken down before bitching about my mowing or lack thereof.

In other news, I do like that I can still get purple cap roundup. Not sure I like the new bottle. Put down six gallons of mix tonight, 3 ounce/gallon max recommended strength, on the ditch, the gravel drive, and around the walks and house. I'll use my drip torch here in a month or so on the dead weeds.
Old May 30th, 2024, 08:29 PM
Running On Empty

I'll apply some Espoma Organic Holly-Tone 4-3-4 fertilizer to these guys Saturday - should turn a deep blue and extend the life of the blooms for several additional weeks.

Old May 31st, 2024, 03:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ah Friday. Overtime is up in the air at the moment, the lead that's in charge tomorrow says he doesn't have enough volunteers. I don't know what to wish for. On the one hand it would be some nice extra money. On the other, it's going to be nice tomorrow and I'd love to have the whole day to myself.

Same wall guy. Everyone is the same. Seems the lead is on vacation and I'll probably have the same people next week as well. That's okay. Funny, when people are on their Friday before vacation if they ask if they can leave early, the lead's answer is always an emphatic no. But he can leave early on his big Friday. Hm.

Think I'll tidy up a couple loose ends after work and then tomorrow, OT or not will be work on the pickup day. Oil change first, maybe front shocks, and I need to pull the first blue Suburban out of the weeds and swap tires. That guy got new tires years ago for a trip up to Chicago. They have less than 2000 miles on them and they are aging out. It would be prudent to put them on the pickup instead of buying new ones. That would be about a waste of a thousand bucks. And they are on Eagle Alloy wheels so it will give the truck a different look.

Okay wheels are starting to come in. Hope everyone has a good day and good weekend.

Happy June everyone! Onward!

Old May 31st, 2024, 03:38 AM
Always room for one more

Yes I know this is the last day of May still.

Old May 31st, 2024, 08:23 AM

I'll apply some Espoma Organic Holly-Tone 4-3-4 fertilizer to these guys Saturday - should turn a deep blue and extend the life of the blooms for several additional weeks.
Those are pretty Norm! I have 4 groupings of Hostas in the bed in front of my house. We've had a juvenile rabbit hanging around all Spring and the little SOB has ate each of the groupings down to nubbins. I could have plinked him 30 times with my air rifle, but I just don't have the heart to do it. Getting soft I guess.
Old May 31st, 2024, 08:31 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - I have lots of rabbits and they've never touched my Hydrangeas. A couple weeks ago I was watching two mature rabbits frolicking about in the side yard. The next morning I found one rabbit filet laying in the side yard - splayed wide open. I suspect a hawk, I have lots of resident hawks.
Old May 31st, 2024, 09:20 AM

The huge monthly cruise-in at the large Church is this afternoon/evening, but the rain chances start to ratchet up about the time I'd normally get home. I'd hate to miss this one, it's my favorite event because of the number of nice cars, spectators, and there's usually several fellow members of our Old's Club there.

Ordered several parts for the 4-4-2 yesterday. The chrome top lid and 4-4-2 logo on my open element air cleaner are starting to get a little ratty. Ordered the correct reproduction pie plate from Fusick. Also, ordered an upper radiator hose support bracket from Fusick. I didn't even realize my car was missing that part. About a week ago when the car was hot and I first opened the hood, I noticed the upper radiator hose was starting to sag a little. It's a pretty long run for a radiator hose. Started looking at engine bays from other '67's and noticed the support bracket on other cars, and Fusick had them. Ordered a new complete chrome open element 14" x 3" air cleaner assembly with drop base from Summit. Right now the car has a 14" x 2" open element cleaner on it because there's not enough hood clearance for one with 3" height without a drop base. I'm taking a shot that the drop base will work/fit with my throttle linkage set-up. It is too hard to tell from just the online pics and limited dimensions given whether it will work for sure or not. If it doesn't I'll just return it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old May 31st, 2024, 09:22 AM
Always room for one more

Once I saw the back half of a rabbit in the yard. I thought that was odd. I also have hawks in the area. It's funny to watch the squirrels who are caught outside the nest when a hawk comes 'round.

I have hydrangea's in both my yards. They come up every year and are beautiful, and must be quite hearty because I never do anything to them. I read they require lots and lots of water and pruning when they are done for the season. I do neither. I also read you can mix different things in the soil and get different colors. Norm your dark blue ones will look very nice.

Old May 31st, 2024, 09:37 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - You're correct on all counts regarding Hydrangeas - although, to a more or lesser degree there is some dependency on the variety of Hydrangea. There are many Hydrangea varieties & some do better or worse in select areas. I will say all varieties like early morning sun & late shade. Direct sunlight throughout the entire day lessens the growth & blooming characteristics. All Hydrangeas love acidic soil. You can force various colors by supplementing the soil with various types/quantities of fertilizers w/ various acid pH. I had an enormous Pecan tree I had to cut down ~10 years ago, the Hydrangeas were receiving exceptional sunlight/shade throughout the day length. They were the best they've ever grown. They get too much daylight sunshine now, though. I'll tell you this - if you get a late freeze it will knock them flat on their ***(es) and they generally will not produce blooms that year - they have a very terrible time recovering.

I was in my yard one day several years ago & a Kestrel swooped down and nailed a bird ~3' from where I was standing. I was like WTF - dude, you have *****. I stood there watching the Kestrel rip the birds head off. Kewl.
Old May 31st, 2024, 12:41 PM

Did he say how he's hitting them?
Nope, just shared a post from somewhere else on the internet. I'll have to pick up some of that fertilizer Norm.
Old May 31st, 2024, 03:14 PM
Running On Empty

Holly Tone

I'll have to pick up some of that fertilizer Norm.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DVGNFP1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DVGNFP1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Old May 31st, 2024, 04:01 PM

Well, I trusted the weather sites, and what I saw on radar, and didn't go to the cruise-in. It started raining about 5:15, only an hour and 15-minutes after the gates opened. There's always next month. There's a judged show in the little town of Waterloo, IL on Sunday, I may elect to go to that, again dependent on weather.
Old May 31st, 2024, 04:04 PM

Well, I trusted the weather sites, and what I saw on radar, and didn't go to the cruise-in. It started raining about 5:15, only an hour and 15-minutes after the gates opened. There's always next month. There's a judged show in the little town of Waterloo, IL on Sunday, I may elect to go to that, again dependent on weather.

Grandson Keegan was supposed to have a rain make-up tee ball game tomorrow. Wouldn't ya know it, pervasive rain in the forecast all day! Can't catch a break!

Have a good evening everybody!
Old May 31st, 2024, 08:01 PM

Going to Alabama next week, but decided to finish up at the plant on Monday, so I left some stuff undone.

Called my alternator guy. The gent said he left a message, but I received none. Went down and got my core alternator, now restored, for my 72 H/O. With a correct plug and a new voltage regulator, I ought to be able to go back to external regulator like it should be. I need to check continuity first, I think I will find a backwards hookup in the harness. I think, at some point, I want a new repro engine harness.

Went food shopping, then came home. Assembled 8 things called the Wedge; they're little screen covers for downspouts, and got on the roof with them and the leaf blower and cleaned out gutters and installed them again. With these, if I notice water coming over, I can do a Redneck Gutter Cleaning from the ground with a ladder and pull them (with their clog) and get a few more weeks before I need to clean gutters fully. Getting some granules from shingles in the bottom. Roof looks great for ten years old.

Then I mowed, and I knew I would be under the lights at the end. Back yard first as it gets dark back there first. Then, front yard. Most of the way through, an odd noise happened and my mower goes 50% faster in each gear now. I think I am having issues with the regulator pulleys. This is an approximately 2012 Troy Bilt Pony with a 16 horse Briggs. Got onto the side yard, finished under headlights but no additional lighting. (my driveway flood, if needed, lights up that entire side of the property.)

Had a beer and steak. It can rain now.
Old June 1st, 2024, 01:02 AM
Always room for one more

"But it's 4 in the morning, and what's more the dawning, just woke up the wanting in me..." Or some such thing.

Good morning everyone.

So I asked yesterday if we were doing OT today and got an emphatic yes. The lead showed me the list, there are about 30 people on it. So some rumor monger was just making **** up. That's okay, I can use the extra denero.

John was your passive aggressive neighbor out there cheering you on while you were mowing? I have a question about your H/O. Did all the things that are wrong with it happen while it was at the museum? Or did some ne'er-do-well rig the hell out of it and then donate it when it ceased to run right? You've done lifetimes of good for the car. I hope you write yourself up in the newsletter.

Norm I noticed my hydrangeas in the back yard yesterday, in the same grouping I have light blue and then an almost purple, almost lavender bloom. I do nothing to the soil. Maybe if I paid them some attention they'd actually look nice and flourish.

Well I expect great things from work this morning. Of course it's the same 30 people that show up every day so I can actually expect the same lackluster, unmotivated effort we always see.

I wish Jamesbo would come back. Who offended him? Maybe if I threaten to go up to visit him he'll pop in and say hey.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Old June 1st, 2024, 03:59 AM

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I think by the grace of the almighty I'm going to make it. Slow recovery of 12 days ( touch and go the 1st few) in the ICU from hell. Lots of oxygen and steroids finally started working. Thanks again
Old June 1st, 2024, 05:36 AM

Good to hear from ya, Jim. Sounds like you're getting better!
Old June 1st, 2024, 05:45 AM
Always room for one more

Ahah I knew that would work! Glad to see you're still verticle Jamesbo. I'll stay away(for now).

I'm over my required 20 wheels, but we are still 30 or so away from being done. So someone is slacking. Eh, we're going to be sitting here for quite awhile anyway, so what does it matter. Awful house afterwards.

Work on the truck this afternoon. A friend of mine is supposed to stop by and look for some car parts I might have. I always like seeing him but I hope he doesn't stay too long.

I think I'll walk down to the roll up door. Everyone is stretching break out and I don't have any wheels.

Old June 1st, 2024, 05:45 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Glad to see you're back.
Old June 1st, 2024, 06:19 AM

Jim - Glad to see you're back.
vertical is a good thing
Old June 1st, 2024, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend Mike!