The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2024, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
No booze, neither one drinks.
Hopefully they have good snack food.
Old January 24th, 2024, 11:56 AM

Jim, Gabriel aka "fluffy" is a funny comedian. Should have the dining set delivered in a bit. Now I need to get place mats and a cover for it, along with seat cushions for the derriere.
Old January 24th, 2024, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, Gabriel aka "fluffy" is a funny comedian. Should have the dining set delivered in a bit. Now I need to get place mats and a cover for it, along with seat cushions for the derriere.
Dan - When you have time, please show us a couple pics of the dining set when you get it. I'm interested to see what it looks like.
Old January 24th, 2024, 03:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Finished okay today. Same wall guys. Signed 31 wheels. Had to hurry home to take Mom to the doctor.

Foggy and sort of warmish. A little mist here and there all day but I think it's going to rain hard later on.

Not much else. Hope everyone is having a good evening.

Old January 24th, 2024, 04:42 PM

Dan - When you have time, please show us a couple pics of the dining set when you get it. I'm interested to see what it looks like
.As soon as they show up in my Google photos. Took a couple with my phone, and they show up in google photos on my phone, but not on my computer. Weird. I am quite pleased with it. The Amish guy (Ezra) that delivered it was also the salesman at the store, and he liked it as well.
Old January 24th, 2024, 05:05 PM

I am quite pleased with it. The Amish guy (Ezra) that delivered it was also the salesman at the store, and he liked it as well.
Great, glad it turned out nice for you! Can't wait to see the pics.
Old January 25th, 2024, 04:34 AM

Like a cow pi$$ing on a flat rock own here
Old January 25th, 2024, 06:09 AM

Dense fog again this morning, with more rain moving in around noon. Just beautiful . . . NOT!
Old January 25th, 2024, 03:51 PM

I have 3 funerals tomorrow before heading norte..With all this rain it going to be a mess
Old January 25th, 2024, 04:31 PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BH4j4zNcba4g8HJa8
Old January 25th, 2024, 04:46 PM

Hope everyone has had a great day.

So, you guys know we've (mainly my wife) has been doing several interior home improvements. She has been doing most of the work herself trying to save as many $'s as she can, knowing that I agreed upfront to pay for new flooring to replace 16-year old cheap construction grade carpet. Wow, I'm suffering severe sticker shock right now. Went yesterday to pick out new top of the line (20-yr warranty against scratch, dent, delamination from water) natural wood grain/texture vinyl flooring from a prominent manufacturer and local dealer/installer that has a great reputation. Got the estimate today for them doing everything (removal of old carpet, hardwood, and vinyl in all rooms except the 2 spare bedrooms, moving furniture and install), a total of 1375 sq. total. Total estimate is $20K, ouch! It is beautiful flooring, and should be the last we ever need, but damn! We'll ya can't take it with you, and I said I'd pay for it and it's what she wants. Gonna have to put my big boy pants on and pony up I guess.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; January 25th, 2024 at 05:21 PM.
Old January 25th, 2024, 04:49 PM
Running On Empty

Dan, love the grain & finish. Not sure what it is though. Oak? It almost resembles a dark walnut? Pretty.
Old January 25th, 2024, 04:51 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - It's only $$ - burn right threw that $hit.
Old January 25th, 2024, 05:33 PM

Dan - Absolutely gorgeous set! Great taste and spectacular craftsmanship. 👍
Old January 25th, 2024, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - It's only $$ - burn right threw that $hit.
Yep, it's only $'s. Plus, when I decide to get a 2nd Classic Car, I'm in like flint, there should be no squawking.
Old January 25th, 2024, 06:48 PM

Dan, love the grain & finish. Not sure what it is though. Oak? It almost resembles a dark walnut? Pretty.
Agreed beautiful set.
The wood grain has me puzzled as well....
Old January 25th, 2024, 07:00 PM

Talking

Hope everyone has had a great day.

So, you guys know we've (mainly my wife) has been doing several interior home improvements. She has been doing most of the work herself trying to save as many $'s as she can, knowing that I agreed upfront to pay for new flooring to replace 16-year old cheap construction grade carpet. Wow, I'm suffering severe sticker shock right now. Went yesterday to pick out new top of the line (20-yr warranty against scratch, dent, delamination from water) natural wood grain/texture vinyl flooring from a prominent manufacturer and local dealer/installer that has a great reputation. Got the estimate today for them doing everything (removal of old carpet, hardwood, and vinyl in all rooms except the 2 spare bedrooms, moving furniture and install), a total of 1375 sq. total. Total estimate is $20K, ouch! It is beautiful flooring, and should be the last we ever need, but damn! We'll ya can't take it with you, and I said I'd pay for it and it's what she wants. Gonna have to put my big boy pants on and pony up I guess.
My opinion for 20k ... Pump the brakes.
Price for material and labor is hyper. Economy is iffy, Want and need vs weigh the market.

Folks that enjoyed high 'r than norm margins (people be freak'n) need a reality check... supply and demand will equal out. Wear that floor out some more...what's the hurry?
Happy wife? smart Husband... Aint always 1way
Of course maybe thats why I am single.. it was her way or the highway.... I am cruise'n the slow lane and happy
Old January 25th, 2024, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
My opinion for 20k ... Pump the brakes.
Price for material and labor is hyper. Economy is iffy, Want and need vs weigh the market.

Folks that enjoyed high 'r than norm margins (people be freak'n) need a reality check... supply and demand will equal out. Wear that floor out some more...what's the hurry?
Happy wife? smart Husband... Aint always 1way
Of course maybe thats why I am single.. it was her way or the highway.... I am cruise'n the slow lane and happy
Keith - I hear ya, all valid points. Here's a few more points for context. The house was mine before we got married. We really haven't done much to the house since we got married 13-years ago, other than a rebuild of our deck and adding the backyard fence for our dogs. She's never really had or taken the opportunity to make the house "her own". I'd like to give her the opportunity to do that. She's saved thousands of dollars on labor already by doing interior painting and changing out light fixtures and bathroom fixtures herself, and other things. The old beige/light tan carpet is pretty trashed and extremely hard to keep clean with the 2 indoor dogs. The new floors will be alot lower maintenance and easier to keep looking nice. I don't see it becoming any cheaper down the road. Like I said, I had already agreed to do it, but there is the sticker shock. I really shouldn't have been surprised at the cost, almost 1,400 sq. ft. is alot of flooring, and when you're getting top tier stuff and reputable installers I should have known it was gonna be a large chunk of change. Their estimate was very well done, easy to understand, and everything looked legit and in line as discussed in the store and with the laborer who came to do the measurements. I'm good with it. I think just writing down the positive points here online has eased my mind and alleviated most of the initial shock.
Old January 26th, 2024, 01:44 AM

Chris Happy wife, happy life
Old January 26th, 2024, 02:38 AM

Good points Chris. Helping your wife making the home more hers and yours together will be a great feeling, nice of you to be so kind.

Old January 26th, 2024, 05:14 AM
Running On Empty

Big Sunday Weekend

Lamar Jackson vs. Taylor Swift
7 (49ers) vs. 0 (Lions)
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris Happy wife, happy life
Originally Posted by otto72
Good points Chris. Helping your wife making the home more hers and yours together will be a great feeling, nice of you to be so kind.
I really appreciate all you guys' comments on the new flooring project. It helps to have friends that will give you their honest opinion on stuff like this, it means alot to me. Thanks!
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:38 AM

Big Sunday Weekend
Lamar Jackson vs. Taylor Swift
7 (49ers) vs. 0 (Lions)
Norm - Interesting insight into the big games.

My heart is definitely with the Chiefs and Lions, but if I was betting my money would be on the Ravens and 49'ers who have been the class of their Conferences all season and why they are the host teams for their respective games. I think the Lions definitely have a shot at the 49'ers, they are playing "hungry" and I love their coach Dan Campbell. Don't count KC out either, the Chiefs have played their best ball of the season in the playoffs, and Mahomes is always a magician. Both should be very interesting games!
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:46 AM
Running On Empty

I wonder what the spread is on Taylor Swift?
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:58 AM
Running On Empty

I attended the 2003 (4 Jan 2004) Ravens vs. Titans game in Baltimore. Driving into the stadium parking lot(s) my friend (Barry) & me are listening to the local radio. Lot's of radio commercials about an "empty" bank - at least that's what it sounded like from the radio commercials. It finally dawned on us the bank was the "M&T" bank.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:33 AM

I wonder what the spread is on Taylor Swift?
Dunno, but it's gotta be pretty big!!!.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good morning so far. I've hit my lunchtime goal and we still have a half hour. Yesterday the lead comes to me at a quarter to 1 and says, I'll see you at 6 tomorrow morning. Not understanding what he was saying, I said, yes, you will. He repeated it. I just looked at him. He said, go home right now. I had some things I was looking up and I said, why don't you send someone else home. So he did. More than half the crew. If I would have had any idea, I would have gone. Anyway, this morning he said that everyone who stayed yesterday got to go home early today. We are short wheels and run out of work so that's why the generosity. Can't beat it on Friday.

Chris you're going to think you're living in a new house. That bill seems a bit stiff but you have to pay up for something nice. Next you should put on an addition.

Dan that's a nice looking set. I can't tell what kind of wood by looking at the grain. I think it's pretty. The chairs look comfortable.

We've had lots of rain and everything is a muddy mess. I've got some water in my basement, it looks like it's coming in under the wall from the outside "patio." It's also under a window so I have to see which it is. The window is easy, I'll just board that sucker up. But if it's coming in under the wall, that might take some thinking.

Lunch in a few. Wouldn't mind going home but it will probably be about the same time as yesterday. That's okay. Still time to see some people at Awful house.

Okay Happy Friday everyone.

Addendum: The lead just came past and said I could leave at lunchtime. Woo! Good start to the weekend.

Last edited by slantflat; January 26th, 2024 at 07:45 AM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 08:05 AM

I attended the 2003 (4 Jan 2004) Ravens vs. Titans game in Baltimore. Driving into the stadium parking lot(s) my friend (Barry) & me are listening to the local radio. Lot's of radio commercials about an "empty" bank - at least that's what it sounded like from the radio commercials. It finally dawned on us the bank was the "M&T" bank.
Ah, poor attendance at the Ravens stadium, I get it.

Never been to the stadium there. Back in the day when I would have to make fairly regular trips to NGA Headquarters in Bethesda, MD, they would make us fly into BWI because it was cheaper, and then drive down to Bethesda. A couple of times we had some hours to kill and spent some time walking around the harbor area, which I thought was nice. I always hated those trips to the DC area because of the traffic. The only thing good about it was getting to see some of the historic sites on the Government's dime during our off hours. My favorite visit/event was a private tour of CIA Headquarters at Langley, too cool! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be walking in those doors and see that iconic Compass Rose tiled floor in the entry foyer!
Old January 26th, 2024, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Addendum: The lead just came past and said I could leave at lunchtime. Woo! Good start to the weekend.
Mike - Congrats on the early start on your weekend! Things are a muddy mess here too, it sucks everytime the dogs come in and have to wipe their feet.

Ya, the house is gonna look very different when it's all done. I'll take some pics of all the rooms when it's done, done. Right now several parts are in various stages of work and it's a chaotic mess. With my OCD, everyday is a challenge seeing the chaos with lots of stuff out of place and messy. I'm dealing with it, but I don't like it!
Old January 26th, 2024, 08:30 AM
Running On Empty

D.C. was on a regular schedule for me for several years. Walked on many of those tiled floors - you sorta know the rest of the story.
Old January 26th, 2024, 08:31 AM

D.C. was on a regular schedule for me for several years. Walked on many of those tiled floors - you sorta know the rest of the story.
Yep!
Old January 26th, 2024, 09:32 AM
Running On Empty

Dunno, but it's gotta be pretty big!!!.
Lots of plays utilizing the slot I suspect.
Old January 26th, 2024, 12:02 PM
Running On Empty

Spielberg and Hanks take to the World War II skies in 'Masters of the Air'

Masters of the Air
Old January 26th, 2024, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the compliments on the dining set. The wood is Elm. I saw it a couple of years ago and thought that it was a beautiful wood/grain. Norm, I'm seeing more and more on Masters of The Air. I really need to to watch it. I wonder if it will be available on dvd in the near future? Though not a historical event WWII movie, Fury, with Brad Pitt is very good. It has been making the rounds on AMC recently. On the Taylor Swift spread....I ain't touching that one, though I would like to!. As bad as I want the Lions to win, my guess is, it will be S.F. and the Ravens. Ah yes, flooring. I won't even come close to needing the sq. ft. as you Chris, so not the price, but it is on the next to get done list, and will be done in conjuction of replacing the kitchen cabinets. Ezra, from the Amish furniture store, mentioned that they do cabinets as well. But...$$$ would be my guess.
Old January 26th, 2024, 01:51 PM

Lol, a 65 is for sale in the classifieds, and it was being ragged on, and now the owner is registered here and his first post is SALTY.
Old January 26th, 2024, 03:10 PM

Italian sausage, mashed potatoes, carrots, beets onions [ sorta like bangers and mashed but bangers are horrible)
Old January 26th, 2024, 03:21 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Nice old fashioned dinner. Delicious.
Old January 26th, 2024, 04:35 PM

Jim - I love Italian Sausage, and are those just cooked beets or pickled beets? I love pickled beets, but just plain cooked not so much.
Old January 26th, 2024, 04:37 PM
Running On Empty

My preference with Jim's meal would be cranberry rather than beets. I'd still be a player w/ beets pickled or not.
Old January 26th, 2024, 05:40 PM

My preference with Jim's meal would be cranberry rather than beets. I'd still be a player w/ beets pickled or not.
I like cranberry sauce too, I prefer the chunky with the real cranberries. Don't really know what made me think of this, but another side dish that I really like but haven't had in a long time is Corn Relish.