The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2024, 06:17 PM
Running On Empty

I likes me some Thufferin' thuccotash at times, as well. (Sylvester)
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:28 PM

Typical Friday night single dude meal.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I likes me some Thufferin' thuccotash at times, as well. (Sylvester)

There are many brands/varieties, and this one is sold at Walmart and is very good.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Koda

Typical Friday night single dude meal.
Lookin good John, nothing beats a nicely grilled steak!
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:46 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Lookin good John, nothing beats a nicely grilled steak!
Maybe a Taylor Swift ham hock?
Old January 27th, 2024, 05:14 AM

Pickled beets but I like fresh also. Used to grow them in the garden. The only time I eat corn relish is on ham
Old January 27th, 2024, 10:33 AM

Hey guys - Cold (40°) and wet here, supposed to rain all day and evening, just nasty.

Responsible for taking care of my daughter's dogs this weekend. Had to go over once last night, 3 times today, and once tomorrow morning so they can do their business. The afternoon trip today they'll need to be fed. The issue with feeding time is they all need to be fed in different rooms because the big lab will attack the other two for their food. That's the only time all three don't get along.

Looking forward to the NFL Championship games tomorrow. Go Lions and Chiefs! Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Old January 27th, 2024, 04:22 PM
Running On Empty

Appears Taylor Swift won't be able to handle Lamar Jackson since Lamar is favored to deliver 4 more than Taylor can handle. Favor>Lamar.
Old January 28th, 2024, 10:04 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Man we must have gotten 5 inches of rain last evening. It rained hard all evening and everything is a muddy mess. Sun was out this morning but now it's cloudy again. I sure hope we're done with the rain for awhile.

I got mothballs at Walmart this morning to hopefully shoo some cats away. I was spreading them all around the yard and got them all over me. Those things sure stink. I guess that's what drives the critters away. I hope it works.

Regular week coming up. I have to work all five days. Who wants to do that. I have a few days I need to take before March, maybe I can take every Friday off for awhile.

Chris a dog with food aggression can be rather dangerous. I hope any young kids around are briefed to that fact and they keep away. Does that include toys and treats and things he picks up he knows he's not supposed to have? I get a kick out of Tiger. Once in a while when he's eating I'll reach down and pick up his bowl. He just looks at me like, hey, why did you do that.

I might take a nap while I'm waiting for laundry this afternoon. I'm not feeling very exciting.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old January 28th, 2024, 10:22 AM

Sounds like that big lab needed a couple solid kicks in its life. Sometimes, you have to show dominance and discourage behavior through physical means.

Obviously, one only does this as a last resort and at time only when it is needed.
Old January 28th, 2024, 12:41 PM
Running On Empty

I am so removed by the commercialization of sports in the United States of America. I refuse to watch the games - F'em.
Old January 28th, 2024, 01:21 PM
Running On Empty

Standard equipment for a good tight-end....

Old January 28th, 2024, 01:36 PM
Running On Empty

Lamar needs to call the UK-92480 play...just saying

Old January 28th, 2024, 01:42 PM

I am so removed by the commercialization of sports in the United States of America. I refuse to watch the games - F'em.
X2
Norm I will listen to the Badgers and Packers on the local Radio. As far as watching them on TV I throw up a little in my mouth everytime I tried this season. Between the Eddie Hasskel commentators and a commercial for some Karen company or other BS every minute and a half, for three and a half minutes...F'em is right

Old January 28th, 2024, 01:48 PM

Leaving alone the sports and the pop stars.

I was reflecting on an carburetor effort I did last fall. This is not GM or a four barrel. One can effect slow idle speed two ways; one either sets minimum throttle via the slow idle screw, or one richens the idle mixture. When tuning, one sets the idle to spec, and adjusts the mixture for maximum vacuum. One then resets the idle to lower it to spec.

The issue I was having it that I don't think I ever hit top vacuum. It kept liking more and more mixture, and I'd keep lowering the idle, and I went too rich, yet vacuum kept increasing. Car idled great. Rich, it had part throttle stammering, but had good mid throttle acceleration.

I then went lean, and went the other way, tried to back the mixture down and raise up the idle. It idled fine, had good part throttle, and poor mid throttle.

One would think that idle circuits should not affect the primary cruise, yet it does.
Old January 28th, 2024, 01:51 PM

Wink

Sounds like that big lab needed a couple solid kicks in its life. Sometimes, you have to show dominance and discourage behavior through physical means.

Obviously, one only does this as a last resort and at time only when it is needed.
John my Brother adopted a Lab from a guy two years ago. Olly had food and toy aggression, somehow my brother was able to work through it with him, pretty sure kicking him was not part of the process. I am more a fan of positive reenforcement and trust training.
The physical corrections that I have had success with are the scruff hold, and two finger poke to the side of the neck for redirection.
Old January 28th, 2024, 01:54 PM
Running On Empty

One would think that idle circuits should not affect the primary cruise, yet it does.
I believe it depends on the carburetor. On a Rochester carburetor the idle circuit is not isolated & the idle circuit is fully functional @ cruise & WOT.
Old January 28th, 2024, 02:17 PM
Running On Empty

Read Cliff's 2nd response in this thread which, IMO, provides more information pertaining to the (off) idle circuit as it relates to A/F metering:

https://cliffshighperformance.com/si...p?topic=4092.0
Old January 28th, 2024, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
John my Brother adopted a Lab from a guy two years ago. Olly had food and toy aggression, somehow my brother was able to work through it with him, pretty sure kicking him was not part of the process. I am more a fan of positive reenforcement and trust training.
The physical corrections that I have had success with are the scruff hold, and two finger poke to the side of the neck for redirection.
That's good. For the record, I do not beat animals, please note how I said it was for last resort (I was right, when I wrote it, I thought "man, someone will STILL jump on me for this"). I will not own one because I do not want to dog proof my house, and I would not put a dog outside in an Indiana winter, no matter how awesomely heated his dog-house. Maybe some day, when I move to my final digs, I can set up for a dog.

Old January 28th, 2024, 03:03 PM

I believe it depends on the carburetor. On a Rochester carburetor the idle circuit is not isolated & the idle circuit is fully functional @ cruise & WOT.
Correct. I should have elaborated that I am surprised it has an affect at cruise, not that it's still on. I'll go read that link.
Old January 28th, 2024, 03:20 PM
Running On Empty

Tight-end going to get some attention tonight.
Old January 28th, 2024, 03:36 PM

That's good. For the record, I do not beat animals, please note how I said it was for last resort (I was right, when I wrote it, I thought "man, someone will STILL jump on me for this"). I will not own one because I do not want to dog proof my house, and I would not put a dog outside in an Indiana winter, no matter how awesomely heated his dog-house. Maybe some day, when I move to my final digs, I can set up for a dog.
Hey John - I know you do not beat animals and not my intent for the reply at all... please.

My intent is that animals count on us " the care giver " - person taking care.

Huge commitment - Most animals are judged as bad when in fact it is the animals owners that have the flawed uninformed care giving for their commitment
Old January 28th, 2024, 03:56 PM

Never say never . . . That's why you play the games! Way to go Chiefs!

My daughter's lab has only ever shown aggression towards other dogs when they get near his food while he's eating. He's never shown aggression towards a person under any circumstances.

My Grandson Gabe's hockey team made it into the Championship game today at their tournament in Decatur, IL. The game went to overtime, and Gabe ended up scoring the winning goal! Man I would have loved to see that!
Old January 28th, 2024, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Hey John - I know you do not beat animals and not my intent for the reply at all... please.

My intent is that animals count on us " the care giver " - person taking care.

Huge commitment - Most animals are judged as bad when in fact it is the animals owners that have the flawed uninformed care giving for their commitment
Understood.
Old January 28th, 2024, 05:06 PM

Made my mom's cream of mushroom / sauterne / italian chicken dish last night. First time doing it solo. Needed a little more sauce. Turned out well.

Tonight I made her pizza, again first time. Dough is hard. About to eat this thing, it's sitting for a few min before sliced.

Old January 28th, 2024, 05:15 PM
Running On Empty

John - Those sound like great dishes. You made the pizza dough (crust)? Pizza looks great.
Old January 28th, 2024, 06:06 PM

Norm, it was good. I ate too much. Ugh.

My mother changed it up recently and went to Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast. It comes in a packet that is green and yellow. This is a relatively new product, 15 years or so on the market. It is real time dough. Yeast, salt, sugar, half of the flour, and hot water. Start mixing. Add rest of flour, and, bam, dough ball. I used a new rolling mat off Amazon, and my great aunt's wooden rolling pin, still with sock on it. I should get a mixer, I would've liked a little more dough to use.

Sauce was storebought. Beef from my freezer, an onion, a green pepper, and a tote of sliced mushrooms. Browned the beef, tossed all that in with it. Made the dough, rolled it out, transferred to baking sheet, applied olive oil, sauce, the contents of the frying pan, then covered in mozzarella cheese slices and baked for 35 at 425. I put it back in for five, after 30, as I thought the bottom had not gotten done, but I think I overcooked it by that much, as the cheese was a little tough.

Old January 28th, 2024, 06:17 PM

John - The pizza looks great, I'm sure I'd eat too much also.
Old January 29th, 2024, 06:35 AM

Morning all~~
House projects all day Saturday, but Sunday I got the new glass installed in my truck doors. The vent window brace also makes the front door glass track. You have to install the regulator, and then halfway install the vent window, then drop the glass inside the door to the bottom, then reach in and align everything getting the window in both tracks and the vent window to rotate into place.

The first one took me two hours, the second on 25 minutes. The drivers door, appears to be two door halfs welded together, so the channel is too narrow for the vent window to fith through, Jeez, I had to push shims into to it to spread it out, and then work around the shims.

Anyhow, I was worried the factory blue green tint would not look good with the paint, but I am super happy with it.

Last edited by mattking; January 29th, 2024 at 06:37 AM.
Old January 29th, 2024, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by mattking

Looking really sharp Matt! Nice job! 👍
Old January 29th, 2024, 06:58 AM

Now that's a trophy! Gabe on the right.

Old January 29th, 2024, 08:06 AM
Running On Empty

Matt - The new glass looks really nice. I restored a patina (Green) '53 GMC five window PU while I owned my daily driver '72 4-4-2 in the mid-1970s. I was on USAF active duty at the time. It was a fun project. I had everything mechanical completed, did my own (1st time) body work (which wasn't much) & I had nearly finished the primer when someone gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. I enjoy your project & Greg's project - brings back some memories.

Chris - Some happy boys right there. Hockey is so much fun. Advertisement photo "UNION SAFE UNION STRONG"?

My neighbor just brought me over a pint glass jar of THE DUTCH KETTLE Homemade Style All Natural Caramel Pecan Apple Butter she picked up for me from a recent road-trip while visiting her Mom. I like Apple Butter never tried this one. I might get the notion to make some homemade crepes w/ pecans and this caramel pecan apple butter.
Old January 29th, 2024, 08:50 AM

I like the paint on the doors. That trophy is nicely large. They'll have to work out a custody rotation or keep it at school.

I used to be very against all unions. Now, I like craft unions, because it consolidates jobs to the hall, and people get trained to the same level in an organized manner. I used to be very against non-craft unions like the UAW. I still don't particularly care for the UAW, but I see their point, and I am very much against the management of car companies who are not paying competitively and who promote and reward the wrong people. If my plant organizes, bring on the chaos, and maybe I'll get a better deal out of it. I think a maintenance guy here will get paid more than me here in about a year. At that time, I intend to raise hell about transferring if they won't let me do it. Tired of running multi-million dollar projects and getting paid less than a guy who greases stuff.
Old January 29th, 2024, 12:43 PM

I like the paint on the doors. That trophy is nicely large. They'll have to work out a custody rotation or keep it at school.
John - This is private recreation league hockey, so the large trophy will be on display at their home arena/rink (Meramec Sharks). Each of the kids also got their own trophy (blurry pic) which was nice! Gabe is in the front row, 2nd from the left. All these kids are the same age, you'll notice how tall he is. We're thinking he may end up being at least as tall as you are. We have some tall genes on both sides of the family, but at 5' 9", I sure didn't get any of them!

Old January 29th, 2024, 01:57 PM

Chris congratulations nice looking group
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:01 PM
Running On Empty

Taylor's tight-end is likely still recovering today. Taylor proved she could handle the additional spread of four. I'll bet she handles the additional 3 during Superbowl. This girl can take the spread.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; January 29th, 2024 at 02:22 PM. Reason: candle>handle sp.
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris congratulations nice looking group
Thanks Jim! 😊
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:20 PM
Running On Empty

New putter grip arrived today - I really like it. Much nicer than the OEM stock grip. My other new grips are here (in the man-cave), got some new double-sided tape & the weather looks nice enough tomorrow may be spent changing grips.

Old January 29th, 2024, 02:26 PM
Running On Empty

Slow cooked, as in ~30 minutes, some nice double-thick bacon. Created two delicious BLT on toast sandwiches. Sent ~12 golf ***** out yonder into the 10 acres behind me rotating between an 8-iron & driver. I need to seriously slow down my driver swing.
Old January 29th, 2024, 04:37 PM

Nice looking grip Norm. BLT's sound great! My wife made her homemade Potatoe Soup with Ham. King's Hawaiian dinner rolls on the side with lots of real butter.