The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2024, 04:46 PM

John, the pizza looks good. I have a deep dish receipe, and a thin crust. I haven't made either in a couple of years, I'm overdue. But, in the meantime, I made this tonight.https://photos.app.goo.gl/s1P8wYbY8DJe462c9
Old January 29th, 2024, 04:48 PM

Oh, and Chris. Kick the goddamn field goal!!! That's all I'm gonna say about that!
Old January 29th, 2024, 05:06 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - I love homemade potato soup + ham - yum. Dan - nice straight-up pasta + marinara? Simple & delicious. Trip to home insurance agent to drop off check in the morning. I haven't made real homemade crepes in some years. I make a Crępes Suzette recipe from Joy of Cooking. It's never let me down - taste is awesome, texture awesome. Trick with Crępes Suzette is batter texture & pan heat - don't want them too thick but not too thin. I might make the batter tonight as it is generally better after three hours covered & refrigerated. I like to add a touch of lemon zest (rind) in both the batter & Ricotta filling I'll make in the morning.

Old January 29th, 2024, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Oh, and Chris. Kick the goddamn field goal!!! That's all I'm gonna say about that!
Dan - My Sister (big football fan and knows her $hit) and I were texting back and forth during the game and pulling our hair out over the phone. I said the same thing as you during each of the two opportunities they decided not to kick a field goal. I honestly don't think they would have even made it to that game without Campbell's instilling that aggressive nature in the team as a whole, but you don't pull that crap with a 17 or 14-point lead, you take the 3-points and say thank you, we're still 3 scores up on you! Just F'ing stupid in my opinion!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; January 29th, 2024 at 05:17 PM.
Old January 29th, 2024, 05:59 PM

Good looking pasta.

I grilled chicken thighs tonight. Used some BBQ sauce my mom bought me. Didn't care for it, too bitter.
Old January 29th, 2024, 07:14 PM
Running On Empty

Time to whip up some Crępes Suzette batter.
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:01 PM

NORM isn't all crepe batter ok for suzette.
Old January 29th, 2024, 10:04 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - I suppose. I note they're all not identical. Made the batter & the filling & finished cleaning up. Looking forward to tomorrows crepes.
Old January 30th, 2024, 02:44 AM

I Always thought the batter was the same for all crepe NO what the difference
Old January 30th, 2024, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I Always thought the batter was the same for all crepe NO what the difference
That's a bunch of crepe.
Old January 30th, 2024, 06:31 AM
Running On Empty

Bunch of Crępes

Old January 30th, 2024, 08:59 AM

Nice presentation.

It is said that the poors are concerned with the quantity of food, the middle class with the quality of food, and the upper class with the presentation of food.
Old January 30th, 2024, 12:06 PM
Running On Empty

Replaced grips on 4,5, & 6 irons. Taking longer this year as metal shafts are requiring more attention to clean up. Likely the result of last summer's long & very humid summer.
I've been sharpening grooves same time - might get an extra 4-6 yards.

New Odyssey Tour Pistol Grip is same as OEM original but better quality it appears. Saving that one for last.
Old January 30th, 2024, 12:59 PM

Dan - nice straight-up pasta + marinara?
Norm, chunky homemade spagetti sauce, though I cheated and used canned crushed italian tomato's. You probably can't see the four golf ball sized meat ***** either, made from 90% ground beef, Italian sausage, and veal. Binder added of course. As I made a pile of it, I will repeat it for dinner tonight. I'll do garlic toast as well, which I forgot last night.
Old January 30th, 2024, 01:14 PM

I believe you Norm

Saw a hydraulic dump bed trailer I couldn't pass up
Old January 30th, 2024, 02:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Glorious day here. Probably over 60 at some point and sunny. Our worst month only has a day left.

Jamesbo cool little trailer. Did it come on the flatbed or was that yours already?

Hump Day tomorrow. Work was okay today, nothing to write home about. Got a good wall guy this week, but the slow(but good) wall guy is running the robot this week. We still do okay.

Blew past page 600 today in the archives. Scot has quit showing up, Glenn in Texas has just started to show up. And just now some guy named Greg Rogers has signed on. Funny thing Glenn. I sent him a message about my Chevy, and I never heard back. I hope I haven't said anything to make him mad.

Okay have a good evening everyone.

Old January 30th, 2024, 02:58 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Sweet find! Hard to find those smaller hydraulic dump trailers.
Old January 30th, 2024, 02:59 PM
Running On Empty

Norm, chunky homemade spagetti sauce, though I cheated and used canned crushed italian tomato's. You probably can't see the four golf ball sized meat ***** either, made from 90% ground beef, Italian sausage, and veal. Binder added of course. As I made a pile of it, I will repeat it for dinner tonight. I'll do garlic toast as well, which I forgot last night.
Dan - Sounds delicious - honestly.
Old January 30th, 2024, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Bunch of Crępes
Boy oh boy those look delicious Norm! Sir you can really cook!
Old January 30th, 2024, 03:37 PM

Here’s my contribution to the “look what I cooked” discussion.

cheesy omelette with chipotle, freshly diced pan fried potatoes, and whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves from a local farm.

Old January 30th, 2024, 03:46 PM

Dan - The pasta sounds delicious, wish I was there!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I believe you Norm
Saw a hydraulic dump bed trailer I couldn't pass up
!

Nice looking trailer Jim, glad you found a nice one at a reasonable price! 😀

Well, kind of a hectic day here today. I had my annual eye appointment at 11am. That went fine, near vision is a tad worse but that's it. Wife was supposed to have hers with me but she has the flu and had to cancel. She started coming down with it Sunday, was super bad yesterday. Took a Covid test which was negative. Yesterday, fever, chills, sore throat, and threw up once. Really bad thing is odds are she is probably going to have to cancel her surgery this Friday which has been scheduled for several months. Really sucks! Guess we're see how it goes, she was a little better today. I'm trying to give her plenty of distance in hope that I don't get it.

After I had my eye appointment I ran to my credit union to talk to customer service. They've loaded a new software system from a new vendor and from what I've seen while using it online is that it sure doesn't seem like a better mousetrap!. There really seems to be a loss of functionality/tools that are vital to me to track transactions on there. Customer Service really wasn't much help other than acknowledging my complaints are legit and saying it's a work in progress, it's only been a few days. If it doesn't get any better I'm definitely going to look into moving my assets there to someplace else.

Well, that was my fun for today. Hope ya'll had a great one!
Old January 30th, 2024, 03:52 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
cheesy omelette with chipotle, freshly diced pan fried potatoes, and whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves from a local farm.
Kenneth - I never consider an omelette to necessarily be breakfast/morning meal. I'll eat one any time of day. That looks tasty.
Old January 30th, 2024, 03:57 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Local, County, State, Employee Credit Union? Argh. That's too bad. I've seen a fair number of "Go Live" implementations go South. Many reasons for this, it's terrible when the end-users are out there left hanging. Shame.
Old January 30th, 2024, 03:58 PM

Well, I'm the laziest Chef in this bunch for sure!
Home Run Inn Classic Sausage.
Lazy like a Fox!!!

Old January 30th, 2024, 04:05 PM

Chris - Local, County, State, Employee Credit Union? Argh. That's too bad. I've seen a fair number of "Go Live" implementations go South. Many reasons for this, it's terrible when the end-users are out there left hanging. Shame.
Arsenal Credit Union, originally started for NGA employees many, many years ago. It was already well established when I started in '83. I have enjoyed being a Member there until now. Hopefully they can make some modifications and at least get back to their previous capabilities. With 35-years at NGA I saw tons of new software loads, some great, some really bad. I never expected one to be great out of the gate, and for the most part, that assumption was correct. Guess I'll see how this goes for at least a little while?
Old January 30th, 2024, 04:10 PM
Running On Empty

I once camped outside of a Sterorama store (Florida, mid-80s) for tickets for a concert (Lottery style). Bunch of us ordered some pizzas ~6:00pm. One robust taller guy wearing bib overalls funnier than a bastard in demeanor most everyone got along with him. About 3:00am in the morning several of us are talking & this guy enters the conversation. In doing so he pulls out a couple pieces of pizza from his bibs - not wrapped, no napkins - just pulls 'em out & begins eating. Hard to stop laughing.
Old January 30th, 2024, 04:54 PM

LMAO 🤣 🤣 🤣
Although at one time, I might have done the same thing!
Old January 30th, 2024, 06:01 PM

Kenneth - I never consider an omelette to necessarily be breakfast/morning meal. I'll eat one any time of day.
I agree. Note that I did not say I made this for breakfast.
And I feel the same about pancakes - they’re good any time.
Old January 30th, 2024, 07:10 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Wife was supposed to have hers with me but she has the flu and had to cancel. She started coming down with it Sunday, was super bad yesterday.Yesterday, fever, chills, sore throat, and threw up once. Really bad thing is odds are she is probably going to have to cancel her surgery this Friday which has been scheduled for several months. Really sucks! Guess we're see how it goes, she was a little better today. I'm trying to give her plenty of distance in hope that I don't get it.

Old January 30th, 2024, 07:50 PM

My thought exactly!
Old January 31st, 2024, 01:34 PM

Chris, sorry to hear about your wife getting sick, especially with the surgery scheduled. Hope that she gets better soon. Omlets, love 'em, I can't help but order one when I go out to breakfast with friends. Norm, ah yes, the concert ticket lottery. Did that with my first Pink Floyd concert. Off to the oral surgeon tomorrow for the first step in getting an implant. Should be oodles of fun. Probably will have to drink milk shakes for a day or so
Old January 31st, 2024, 02:13 PM
Running On Empty

Dan - I have a 1/2 dozen implants. Love 'em (not the cost). Friend of mine told me when his wife said her dentist suggested an implant he responded to his wife (when he heard the cost)..."I can make you one from a corn flake box". Enjoy your milkshakes.
Old January 31st, 2024, 02:19 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - All my irons are re-gripped and here's a kicker. I re-gripped my putter. Made it the last one for the day. I had some concern when you raised a question or something in a previous post regarding re-gripping the putter. So, I waited until I felt my comfort level had peaked from changing all the irons. It was a non-issue. Alignment is spot-on & the grip feels really nice. I've sharpened grooves in only three irons thus far. I'll sharpen several more before tee-time tomorrow @ 12:10pm & rest assured they'll be my low iron numbers. We have a foursome for tomorrow's game.
Old January 31st, 2024, 02:20 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - You've threatened to play some golf this year. You still have a set of clubs or you have to pick up a set?
Old January 31st, 2024, 03:00 PM

Chris, sorry to hear about your wife getting sick, especially with the surgery scheduled. Hope that she gets better soon. Omlets, love 'em, I can't help but order one when I go out to breakfast with friends. Norm, ah yes, the concert ticket lottery. Did that with my first Pink Floyd concert. Off to the oral surgeon tomorrow for the first step in getting an implant. Should be oodles of fun. Probably will have to drink milk shakes for a day or so
Dan - Thanks for the well wishes for my wife. She's still pretty sick and her doctor made the decision today to cancel the surgery. Better safe than sorry in this case. I hope your visit to the oral.surgeon goes well!
Old January 31st, 2024, 03:08 PM

Chris - You've threatened to play some golf this year. You still have a set of clubs or you have to pick up a set?
Norm - Funny you should ask. I still have my old set of clubs. I also have a brand new set of Taylor Made irons still in the box, and new set (3) of Taylor Made speciality wedges still in the box that I bought when a good friend was working at a Pro Shop and they were closing them out super cheap. Can't wait to get them out and see how they feel. I am still planning on getting out for sure!
Old January 31st, 2024, 04:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - Funny you should ask. I still have my old set of clubs. I also have a brand new set of Taylor Made irons still in the box, and new set (3) of Taylor Made speciality wedges still in the box that I bought when a good friend was working at a Pro Shop and they were closing them out super cheap. Can't wait to get them out and see how they feel. I am still planning on getting out for sure!
You lucky turd. Two new in the box sets of TaylorMade irons & wedges.

I've never played with a full set of TaylorMade irons. I use to play with a TaylorMade Burner Driver & Burner 3-Wood some years ago - they were decent enough for my game. I have a TaylorMade 52° Gap (Attack) wedge I carry in my bag. I have a Tour Edge 63° Lob Wedge I love to death. Not sure Tour Edge makes a 63° any longer I see only a 60°. Kind of odd. I have a Cleveland CBX 56° Loft wedge. While I like the distance, weight, balance & feel of the club - I'm not convinced Cleveland wedges are worth it. They espouse to have the greatest wedges but the iron shafts pit easily & aren't very durable. Doubtful I'll buy another. It isn't long before I'll need to replace this Cleveland & I'm leaning towards the TaylorMade wedges.
Old January 31st, 2024, 05:08 PM

When it's time to replace a golf club, do you send it off on the last bad shot by angrily bending it grossly out of shape and winging it across the fairway like in the movies?
Old January 31st, 2024, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
When it's time to replace a golf club, do you send it off on the last bad shot by angrily bending it grossly out of shape and winging it across the fairway like in the movies?
Hmmmm RrrubberBBiscuit... Bow Bow Bow..

Old January 31st, 2024, 05:16 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Hmmmm....well...hmmmm....no. I have never done that. I don't believe my golf game is good enough to warrant winging it. I've never bent a club (on purpose) and I've never tossed one. In fact, under any of my numerous pathetic games of golf, I've never resorted to throwing a temper tantrum. Maybe I should?