The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2024, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Really? 52355
Do you doubt the information posted?
Old January 21st, 2024, 04:49 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Do you doubt the information posted?
Have you been hitting the sauce?
Old January 21st, 2024, 04:50 PM

And GED means Good Enough Diploma.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 07:51 AM

Good morning guys,

We're in the middle of an ice storm right now. Roads are ice covered around us and very slick. Schools and many businesses are closed. It's supposed to get above freezing after noon and the rain is supposed to continue and melt the ice.

Went to a dual b-day party yesterday for grandsons Gabe (11) and Ollie (5) at my oldest daughter's house.

L-R, Ollie, Gabe, and Keegan in the back

Thoroughly enjoyed watching football yesterday with both the Lions and my home Chiefs both winning and moving on to their respective Conference Championship games next weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old January 22nd, 2024, 07:57 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - B'Day parties look like fun. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves. Yes, Lions & Chiefs spanked it. Your weather sucks. We've moving forward w/ good weather near 70°F for the next 4-5 days. That cold snap was rude.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 08:03 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Ordered a set of Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Grips, Blue, Standard grips which will arrive this week sometime. I've tried a fair number of various grips over the years & these both feel good & last considerably longer than others. This will be my third set of those grips. I'm getting one season of play w/ them. I really like Winn Dri-Tac Golf Grips but they don't last, at least in my hands. I'd have to change grips every other month. I have a tee-time @ 12:10pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

Old January 22nd, 2024, 08:38 AM

Thanks Norm! Sure wish we had your weather, but at least it's supposed to be warmer here the rest of the week.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 08:59 AM

Good times, Chris! Saturday we had our Niece and hubby and 9 month old baby boy. How much fun!! It was a magical day cuz as it was happening we knew it was a special time. All our grandkids are 16 and up. Ahh life is good!
Old January 22nd, 2024, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Good times, Chris! Saturday we had our Niece and hubby and 9 month old baby boy. How much fun!! It was a magical day cuz as it was happening we knew it was a special time. All our grandkids are 16 and up. Ahh life is good!
You nailed it Greg, Good Times, for sure! Glad you had a nice visit with your Niece and family!
Old January 22nd, 2024, 09:16 AM

Norm, I'm so **** I have to have Ping grips on my Ping clubs
Old January 22nd, 2024, 09:26 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Fully understand. My 1-9 irons are Callaway X20 (first released 2007). That's about the same time I bought them. When the grips arrive, I'll get down to full scale cleaning, sharpening & new grips.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 09:32 AM

Norm Do you install your own putter grips? How do you true the flat thumb square to the blade
Old January 22nd, 2024, 09:44 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Great question. No, I do not install my owner putter grip. Instead, I bought a brand new putter the past four years. Years ago I spent time figuring out which putter styles I liked, change grips several times on them and hated every one of them. I have been using a simple Odyssey blade putter the past five years and love it to death. The grip on this one (one year old) is becoming frayed at the edges. I might see if they have such a putter grip for this putter. It's the thin narrow style. I tried those big fat ones and hated them.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:21 AM

Mike, are you still looking back on the Good Morning thread?
Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:24 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Last I heard from you on this thread, I think you said you were taking out the snowmobiles? How are the trails?
Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:29 AM

Norm, I use an old Carbite putter. Over the years I have bought several in stores that I couldn't miss with. I finally figured out that the holes in golf stores are bigger so you can't miss and will continue pi$$ away $$ on new putters
Old January 22nd, 2024, 10:35 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Heck yeah. I like that putter. You have a blade or mallet?
Old January 22nd, 2024, 11:03 AM

Jim - Heck yeah. I like that putter. You have a blade or mallet?
mallet
Old January 22nd, 2024, 11:06 AM
Running On Empty

I ran with a couple mallet putters for a fair number of year. The last mallet (I still have it) I used was my Taylor Made Ghost Mallet putter - same one I changed to the big fat wide grip. Took me awhile to reason I hated this putter. When I went back to a blade putter it was like night & day for me. Blades are the only way to go for me moving forward.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 12:46 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Took off work and went for a physical. Everything is good. Got some stuff moved around my house, came to Mom's and had lunch and took a nap. I'm going to take her to the foot doctor in a little while.

Yes Greg I'm still looking through The New Good Morning Thread archives. I'm on about page 510. Nothing of real importance, just all of us living our lives. It's funny, I read my posts and can remember what was happening at that point in time and a lot of times how I felt comes back to me. Clint is still with us and Scot pops in more seldom each time, and I think Adrian has been seen for the last time.

Cool in the mornings but today it's warmed up to almost 50. Supposed to be almost 70 this week but rain. Well, it is January. Usually by this time in the month we've had an ice storm and trees have come down and loads of people in the ditch. Hey we might miss that this year.

So who knows anything about those school zone cameras? There's one on my way home I've gotten tagged twice by. First time was in the pickup truck and just last week in the SRX. Actually I got a couple warnings when they first put the cameras up. Which I found funny because that stretch of road has so much traffic you can't go anywhere near the speed limit or even the school limit. So I get this thing in the mail and it shows a picture of the SRX and a time of 2:59. The thing ends at 3. Anyway, that was when I would have been coming home from work and I haven't driven the SRX to work in months. I think they recycled one of the warning pictures and are trying to steal 80 bucks from me. I gotta figure this out.

Okay time to hit the road. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old January 22nd, 2024, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.
Anyway, that was when I would have been coming home from work and I haven't driven the SRX to work in months. I think they recycled one of the warning pictures and are trying to steal 80 bucks from me. I gotta figure this out.
Mike - Glad your physical went well!

Curious about the School Zone picture? You mentioned a time stamp, but didn't mention a date stamp? Wondering if there's a date stamp on it?
Old January 22nd, 2024, 01:45 PM
Always room for one more

Ya it was January 11, Thursday. Whats so puzzling is I havent had that car to work in months so on January 11th at 2.59pm I would have been in my truck.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 02:03 PM

Ya it was January 11, Thursday. Whats so puzzling is I havent had that car to work in months so on January 11th at 2.59pm I would have been in my truck.
Ya, that's weird?. I honestly don't know what you can do to fight it, other than to go to court and plead your case, but how can you prove something (driving the SRX on that date) that didn't happen??? It sucks!
Old January 22nd, 2024, 02:06 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Do they have an actual image of your smiling face in the car behind the wheel in control of the vehicle while driving at 2:59pm on January 11? If not, there's no case against you.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 02:27 PM

Mike, you shouldn't have to prove you didn't speed, they should have to prove you did- innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz?? Yeah I knoww... Norm, trails were good once we got there. problem is we had to go on asphalt road to get there. There was enough snow that it was snowbanks at edge of dry pavement, so had to drag skis on pavement- not good- sparks and all.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 02:49 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Mike, you shouldn't have to prove you didn't speed, they should have to prove you did- innocent until proven guilty and all that jazz?? Yeah I knoww... Norm, trails were good once we got there. problem is we had to go on asphalt road to get there. There was enough snow that it was snowbanks at edge of dry pavement, so had to drag skis on pavement- not good- sparks and all.
Greg - Exactly. That's why I asked Mike if the picture/image shows Mike behind the wheel in control of the vehicle on that date at that time. If not, no contest. They can't prove ****.
Dragging sleds on asphalt - hate it. I once plowed a snowmobile into ~10' of snow along a R.R. track through Vail Pass, CO. Three snowmobiles & we're doing ~20 mile run...stopping at mountainside saloons (Jagermeister) along the way. We're in the mountains mind you not along any roads - nearest roads quite some distance away. Cruising along a snow edge-line of the R.R. track I begin to feel myself sink into the snow. Having been riding all day that day I recognized snow pack from the fluffy stuff & as soon as I felt myself sinking I floored the throttle and popped out of ~10' of deep snow to recover. A very close call but a flawless exit. I'd rate it an 8 or 9 out of 10 on recovery.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 02:58 PM

Old January 22nd, 2024, 03:42 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - That was great.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 04:40 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - I found a Callaway Odyssey grip (kinda hard to find) so I'm going to try re-gripping my current putter. It should line up well, I'm pretty good at lining up grips.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 05:52 PM

Greg - Exactly. That's why I asked Mike if the picture/image shows Mike behind the wheel in control of the vehicle on that date at that time. If not, no contest. They can't prove ****.
Dragging sleds on asphalt - hate it. I once plowed a snowmobile into ~10' of snow along a R.R. track through Vail Pass, CO. Three snowmobiles & we're doing ~20 mile run...stopping at mountainside saloons (Jagermeister) along the way. We're in the mountains mind you not along any roads - nearest roads quite some distance away. Cruising along a snow edge-line of the R.R. track I begin to feel myself sink into the snow. Having been riding all day that day I recognized snow pack from the fluffy stuff & as soon as I felt myself sinking I floored the throttle and popped out of ~10' of deep snow to recover. A very close call but a flawless exit. I'd rate it an 8 or 9 out of 10 on recovery.
This Florida Man (and I did live there at the time) has driven a snowmobile ONCE. Granted, I've only drive a Waverunner once, even though I'm from FL, but I'm not a yuppie. I've put in many hours on 4 wheelers.

So, my mom, sister, brother and I are doing some mini vacation my mom dreamed up. Off we go to Colorado. First day. I can't ski worth ****. I went down one slope, 70% of it was on my ***. Second day, tubing down a toboggan slope. Ok, I can do that. Third day, snowmobiling. we had these SkiDoos, and my sister hung on behind me. Well, I'm stuck behind the slow Japanese couple. Finally get around them. We're going down a slope, and I back off the gas to slow down cause it got steep and narrow. Engine coughs and dies, track locks up, I start fishtailing like a Mo Fo, and the ground pop starts it and I'm back up and running. Scary moment, good recovery, sister didn't notice. Ten seconds later, the Japanese hit a tree and we have to stop while they go get the stretcher sled for the woman who I think broke stuff. Bad times. Guides were real doob smoking granola morons, too.
Old January 22nd, 2024, 06:01 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
This Florida Man (and I did live there at the time) has driven a snowmobile ONCE. Granted, I've only drive a Waverunner once, even though I'm from FL, but I'm not a yuppie. I've put in many hours on 4 wheelers.

So, my mom, sister, brother and I are doing some mini vacation my mom dreamed up. Off we go to Colorado. First day. I can't ski worth ****. I went down one slope, 70% of it was on my ***. Second day, tubing down a toboggan slope. Ok, I can do that. Third day, snowmobiling. we had these SkiDoos, and my sister hung on behind me. Well, I'm stuck behind the slow Japanese couple. Finally get around them. We're going down a slope, and I back off the gas to slow down cause it got steep and narrow. Engine coughs and dies, track locks up, I start fishtailing like a Mo Fo, and the ground pop starts it and I'm back up and running. Scary moment, good recovery, sister didn't notice. Ten seconds later, the Japanese hit a tree and we have to stop while they go get the stretcher sled for the woman who I think broke stuff. Bad times. Guides were real doob smoking granola morons, too.
Damn, I'd like to see a video of that expedition.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 10:01 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

First day of my work week and it's been going well. I have two wall guys, both of them slow and unmotivated. But I have over 30 wheels signed so I guess this is a case where a negative and a negative makes a positive.

No, no picture of my face in the picture that accompanied the fine. They sent it to the registered owner of the vehicle. How they think that's legal is beyond me. I'm sure many people smarter than I have tried to contest this sort of thing yet it persists, so there must be something ironclad. By the way, I looked up the company who put up the cameras, they keep 35% of the revenue. Tell me this isn't pocket lining.

So far it's cloudy and 40s today. Rain was this morning but not at the present. It is going to rain the rest of the week. Plenty to do inside.

So I'm up to January '17 in the archives. My girl died in December, and Tiger is on his way in February. John(Bee Oh Pee) has paid a slacker a bunch of money to build retaining walls at his house and so far all's he's gotten is lighter in the wallet. A couple people I think are fake have been burning up the thread.

Break time here at work so I think I'll take a walk down to the roll up door then go get some cold water to have at my desk.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.

Old January 23rd, 2024, 10:35 AM

Good afternoon guys,

Much warmer here today, 46° right now. Rain has stopped for now, but more on the way around 5 or 6 this evening. At least it's not supposed to get below 40° tonight, so no more ice on the horizon. It's so damp and dreary it just makes you feel blah though. 👎

Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:39 AM

So I get this thing in the mail
No you didn't. It was never delivered to you, and you have no idea it even existed.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 03:15 PM
Always room for one more

That's my line of thinking Kenneth, but I don't want to go to register the car this summer and have them delay it. It says right on the back of the notice that if you don't pay the fine goes up, they won't renew your registration, blah blah. I read an article in the newspaper(online) when these were first installed, it said the police look at the films and then send out the tickets. Around here, like most places, the police can do whatever they want and they will stick it to the constituency whenever possible. But what gets me is I know as sure as I'm sitting here I wasn't in that place on that day in that car. Something is afoot.

So I ended with 35 wheels today. That's unreal, considering the slow *** guys I had for wall guys. Maybe by dividing by two, if I had one or the other that's how many I'd have, and that's about right. Eh, gives me time to look at the internet and nap.

Wasn't too bad when I walked out of work. Overcast but warmish, probably 40s. Rain tomorrow.

Old January 23rd, 2024, 04:41 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - First thing you must do is enter a plea of not guilty if you intend to contest the ticket/notice. Most often the plea must be entered within the first 30 days. Many jurisdictions allow you to plea either in court (appearance date should be stated on the ticket/notice), on-line or via mail. But, if they do not receive a not guilty plea from you w/in the stipulated time period - bitching, moaning &/or complaining will be for naught since you lost your opportunity to enter a plea of not guilty. You have two weeks remaining. You most likely know this, so this is a reminder since after that date - no excuse will warrant any sympathy from the court.
Old January 23rd, 2024, 05:06 PM

Mike You have two weeks remaining. You most likely know this, so this is a reminder since after that date - no excuse will warrant any sympathy from the court.
The day the "Justice Died"

"Cops NOT Bots"

We should be Outraged... Good jobs and common sense discounted, F&*CK That!

Old January 24th, 2024, 08:31 AM

Good morning guys,

Warm this morning, 45° at 1030, headed towards a high of 52°. This morning's issue, very dense fog over the entire StL area.

No big plans for today. Gotta go over to my youngest daughter's house this evening for a little while to get the scoop on what I will need to do to take care of all their pets while they are gone to one of Gabe's hockey tournaments in Decatur, IL this weekend. I know this will involve me going over once on Friday, 3 times on Saturday, and at least once on Sunday to let their 3 dogs out. I will also have Gabe's Bearded Dragon and a fish to tend to. I'm the logical choice to help them because I'm only 5-minutes from their place.

Old January 24th, 2024, 10:16 AM

Go dog-sit and drink their booze!

Big fog last night here in the Evil. Rain today. I prefer 50 and rain over -5 and clear. This is what my grandfather called the Mid January Thaw.
Old January 24th, 2024, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Go dog-sit and drink their booze!

Big fog last night here in the Evil. Rain today. I prefer 50 and rain over -5 and clear. This is what my grandfather called the Mid January Thaw.
No booze, neither one drinks.

Still foggy here in StL