The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2024, 11:34 AM

Norm, did you see Tiger hit my shot? Dead shank
Old February 16th, 2024, 12:03 PM

And we have the opposite going on. It’s way too early for this.

Old February 16th, 2024, 12:37 PM

The good news is I bugged out early, got food, and got home, now it is started to do the above ****. Bad news is I still need to work a few hours, and I have to work tomorrow. Hopefully, I am below the band of snow.
Old February 16th, 2024, 01:01 PM

It was announced that they are going to add on to my plant, 100,000 sq. ft. 200 jobs. We had a tour back in September with some of the bigwigs/investors of the company. It was said that there was going to be a $78,000,000 expansion, but at that time it could have been at any of our U.S. plants, so, good to see that it is happening here.
Old February 16th, 2024, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
The good news is I bugged out early, got food, and got home, now it is started to do the above ****. Bad news is I still need to work a few hours, and I have to work tomorrow. Hopefully, I am below the band of snow.
John - Glad you could get safely home before it potentially gets worse. Still snowing pretty hard here and roads are snow covered and I'm sure slick. There are a couple places we wantd to go today, but didn't have to, so we played it safe and stayed home. Good luck tomorrow if you have to go in.
Old February 16th, 2024, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
It was announced that they are going to add on to my plant, 100,000 sq. ft. 200 jobs. We had a tour back in September with some of the bigwigs/investors of the company. It was said that there was going to be a $78,000,000 expansion, but at that time it could have been at any of our U.S. plants, so, good to see that it is happening here.
Good for you Dan, sure sounds like job security for the remainder of time you're planning on working. 👍
Old February 16th, 2024, 02:01 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - No. I've been out-of-pocket past several days attending medical appointments. I know he's playing this weekend (if he makes the cut) - what did I miss? I'll look it up. I played a fair (avg.) 18 today.
Old February 16th, 2024, 02:04 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - Just found it - ooops. Looking forward to watching some highlights this evening.
Old February 16th, 2024, 03:26 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice here today, warmish but overcast. Rain at 4am. I'll be sleeping.

Talked with my friend today and I'll go out to his house next Wednesday for a couple days. It will be nice to get away for a little while and see different stuff. Plus this guy is just about blind and he's talking about some trees that might need taking down. No way I'm letting him anywhere near a chainsaw.

So there's this guy that drives around in a Shay Model A. I looked those up not long ago and they were actually real cars. Built by some outfit and sold through Ford dealers. There's one for sale around me that looks cool. I'd love to have something like that, but I don't know how it would do on the expressway. Might be fun to go look at it. He wants 12 grand. Holy cow.

Okay the weekend is upon us. Gosh I feel retired. Have a good evening everyone.

Old February 16th, 2024, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

So there's this guy that drives around in a Shay Model A. I looked those up not long ago and they were actually real cars. Built by some outfit and sold through Ford dealers. There's one for sale around me that looks cool. I'd love to have something like that, but I don't know how it would do on the expressway. Might be fun to go look at it. He wants 12 grand. Holy cow.
Mike - I had never heard of a Shay Model A, so I had to look it up. Now, I'm really blown away, they were actually built in my hometown, Battle Creek, MI. Only built between 1978 - 1982, 5,000 units. They look like a Model A, but have a modern (for 1978) chassis and motor. The same 2.3L motor that went in the Pinto's went in them. Still can't believe they were built in my hometown and I have never heard of them!
Old February 16th, 2024, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
The best news I have heard today.

Fingers, eyes, and toes crossed everything comes to the expected results for employees involved.

Stick together and don't settle for less than you deserve. Employees are a successful companies largest asset, bar none. Don't let Employers forget that or expect respect for anything less. Your group being accepted as their choice proves you are all worthy of sharing the benefits.

Enjoy the progress. Happy for you!
Old February 17th, 2024, 05:52 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
And we have the opposite going on. It’s way too early for this.
Be careful, March is just around the corner when you should expect to get an entire 1" of rain.
Old February 17th, 2024, 06:00 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - You have an opinion regarding DQ of Jordan Spieth?
Old February 17th, 2024, 06:03 AM

Brrrr . . . 15° right now . . . 50° tomorrow . . . looks like we've got aboard the Midwestern roller-coaster!
Old February 17th, 2024, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Jim - You have an opinion regarding DQ of Jordan Spieth?
He should have used the eraser
Old February 17th, 2024, 09:53 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
He should have used the eraser
I don't get it. You're sitting in a room w/ PGA Tour officials (I suspect) - although I don't know if there are USGA rules officials in the room - I suspect there would be. I read/heard rules officials call out the score for each hole & the player validates the score. I don't get it. How can you not identify an error? What does a caddy get paid to do when you finish the hole - make sure the flag stick is back in the hole? I've read where a couple catty catties think the rule should be thrown out. Why - because they and their player don't know how to use their brain? WTF
Old February 17th, 2024, 06:56 PM

Good evening guys,

Very enjoyable day! Grandson Gabe's bridging ceremony from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts was nice. Gabe's Mom, who was his Den Leader for all 6-years he was in Cub Scouts was also honored.

Also had fun watching his hockey game this afternoon. His team won and he had two assists.

The house is coming back together slowly. Wife's working on finishing another coat of black paint on the kitchen cabinets and then installing the new pulls. I put the king size bed back together in the Master bedroom. That thing's built like a tank. I'll need her help to get the mattress up out of the basement and back on the bed.

Hope ya'll had a great day!
Old February 17th, 2024, 07:47 PM

Did he shoot the arrow?
Old February 17th, 2024, 07:51 PM

1987 oldsmobile cutlass supreme. Do not ask if its available, if its posted, its still for sell. Ive put alot of money in this car and i honestly dont want to sell it. Only thing it needs is carb work and fuel pump put back on and an oil change. Garage kept. Comes with alot of extras. Has 307 engine, glass pack duel exhaust, tv, blue wood steering wheel. Has 24inch rims for another $500. Will leave posted for short period, because like i said, i really dont want to sell it. Will not take a dollar less. I know what i have.
Pasted for posterity. I wonder if I should make a thread about bad practices in car ads. This gentleman has 23 grammatical and word choice errors and uses such classics as: "for sell," "I know what I have," and "I really don't want to sell it." If it weren't for the seller being from a place and culture that doesn't understand parody, I would think it a joke.
Old February 17th, 2024, 10:12 PM

A 307 and 24s. The off the line acceleration must be phenomenal.
Old February 18th, 2024, 05:24 AM

I remember those Shay Model A's. Back then I thought they were silly. But now I think it would be neat to have one as a local cruiser. After all, the pinto engine is now old enough to be a classic! I could see using it as a little better than a golf cart, I'll bet they prolly would go 50 or so. Chris, nice grandson pics- you are proud and should be. It's going good down here in Alabama- not real warm, it is the off season and I see why- it is actually sort of deserted. We went to the Pensacola Naval mueseum and are going to Mobile today to see the USS Alabama and the shipyards. All good....
Old February 18th, 2024, 07:33 AM

Did he shoot the arrow?
John - I'm assuming you're referring to the ceremonial Arrow of Light?

Old February 18th, 2024, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Chris, nice grandson pics- you are proud and should be. It's going good down here in Alabama- not real warm, it is the off season and I see why- it is actually sort of deserted. We went to the Pensacola Naval mueseum and are going to Mobile today to see the USS Alabama and the shipyards. All good....
Greg - Thanks for the compliment on grandson pics. Yes, we are very proud of him. Just as proud of his parents raising him to know what's really important!

Glad you and Linda are enjoying your time in Alabama out of the icebox. We had a little ice first on Friday afternoon and then about 4" of snow. The roads/highway department did a pretty good job taking care of the roads so they weren't too bad when we went to his ceremony yesterday morning at 1000. Supposed to be sunny and low 50's today so most should be gone after today except the shade. I'll sure be glad when Spring is here to stay! Be safe and enjoy the rest of your time away! 😊
Old February 18th, 2024, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
John - I'm assuming you're referring to the ceremonial Arrow of Light?
Yeah, we actually shot ours. Woe unto you if you sucked and missed in front of a few hundred people.
Old February 18th, 2024, 09:10 AM

Yeah, we actually shot ours. Woe unto you if you sucked and missed in front of a few hundred people.
I doubt Gabe's Pack ever really shot their's since there is no evidence a nock was ever on there. I do know they were made with real Indian arrowheads purchased by the Scouts.
Old February 18th, 2024, 09:49 AM

Congratulations Chris, FWIW I was a scout master and keeping up was tough. The young ones recovery rate [after exercise] is amazingly rapid.us older guys had to sit a spell
Old February 18th, 2024, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Congratulations Chris, FWIW I was a scout master and keeping up was tough. The young ones recovery rate [after exercise] is amazingly rapid.us older guys had to sit a spell
Thanks Jim! Good on you for being a Scout Master, not an easy task! I know what you mean about recovery rates, I can't keep up with my grandsons in the long haul anymore, they have endless amounts of energy!
Old February 18th, 2024, 12:39 PM
Running On Empty

My Mom was a Cub Scout Den Mother for years until we broke her.
We all went on to become Eagle Scouts.

I have to tell you, the Scout Masters we had for our troop were - peculiar & bizarre.
Old February 18th, 2024, 01:26 PM

Very nice, but not that you broke her.
Old February 18th, 2024, 01:35 PM

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Gabe won his hockey game again today, 4-2, and Gabe scored two goals. The team they beat today had beaten them previously 3-1, so maybe Gabe's team is peaking at the right time. This was their last regular season game and they will have their end of season tournament the weekend of March 1st.

Got the Master bedroom back together, here's a few pics.

Old February 18th, 2024, 01:38 PM
Running On Empty

Looks really nice, Chris. Your bedroom dresser drawer piece reminds me of Seven Seas by Hooker.
Old February 18th, 2024, 02:19 PM

Looks really nice, Chris. Your bedroom dresser drawer piece reminds me of Seven Seas by Hooker.
Thanks Norm, I already passed on the compliment. I was not familiar with Hooker furniture, but my wife is and she said she understands why you would make that comparison to the dresser drawers.
Old February 18th, 2024, 03:13 PM

My father was an Eagle Scout, as was I and my brother. I also worked at my local scout reservation for two summers to give back.

I learned a lot of things in the scouts, went a lot of places, did a lot of things. It is hard for me to realize that the Scouting of the 90s is almost as far away from now as it was from my dad's time in the 50s. I am not sure I would recognize the program today. It has always succeeded on, and failed by, its leaders. The problem with a volunteer organization is that, other than drawing the line at criminal behavior, you can't control who volunteers and what and who they are as a person, so you end up with some odd people. It's worth noting that the scouts were mainstream in the 50s; it was expected to be one. Society has moved away from the values of the boy scouts, even to the point where they forced the scouts to change their own values in a court of law. I've had nothing to do with the BSA this century, and I don't see that changing. Other organizations, like Trail Life, are better in some ways, but mostly worse.
Old February 18th, 2024, 03:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful here today, though a bit chilly. It was sunny so I went out in the yard and puttered around.

I was a cub scout and webelo, in the 70s. I don't remember ever doing much other than meeting every Wednesday evening. Our scout masters were good men, and my Dad would help out once in a while, but they were young(ish?) at that point and worked, so probably not a lot of time between them to plan things. We did a few things. Never went on to boy scouts.

Wow Chris the bedroom looks like it belongs in a magazine. With all the new floor and painting it will be like living in a new house. Now you need a new car to go with it.

Greg I went to the Naval museum when Mom lived in Pensacola. Loved it. They have a small plane there that a family of Koreans defected in and landed on the USS Midway.

Tomorrow starts my second week of fake retirement. The following Monday it's back to work but I'll worry about that when it comes up. Supposed to be nice so I plan on working a lot on cars. I need to finally get new tires for the van. I found 4 truck rally's and took them to my work last night and cleaned them up on the aluminum oxide blaster and painted them. They look great.

Okay have a good evening everyone.

Old February 18th, 2024, 04:23 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
I found 4 truck rally's and took them to my work last night and cleaned them up on the aluminum oxide blaster and painted them. They look great.
Mike - I can't tell you the countless number of times in my lifetime I wished I owned an Al oxide blaster. You're fortunate to be able to use one at work. I'm sure the rally's look awesome.
Old February 18th, 2024, 04:25 PM

Same here. I would love to blast wheels.
Old February 18th, 2024, 05:38 PM

Angry

I have to tell you, the Scout Masters we had for our troop were - peculiar & bizarre.
I was kicked out of Cub Scouts for eating Brownies
Old February 18th, 2024, 06:09 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by otto72
i was kicked out of cub scouts for eating brownies
love!!!
Old February 18th, 2024, 06:58 PM

That joke is older than Norm!
Old February 18th, 2024, 07:05 PM
Running On Empty

John FU - I resemble that remark!