The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!!

We had rain all morning and temps are in the 50's so its nice out. Its a hot 78 in here and Steve has his heater on!!!! Lord!

This muscle pain is sucking big time. Biceps, triceps, lats, glutes, hamstrings.... all muscle groups just friggin hurt! I think its a side effect of the hormone blocker. I was reading about other ladies muscle pain who take this crap. Nothing much to do about it. Maybe when I have my surgeries I can get off of it. I don't know how much estrogen effects cancers in places other than the breasts. But I'll be asking! By the end of the day I'm just worn out and feel like an old woman.

I called Cigna this morning and asked if there were any more deductibles I have to meet when I'm in the hospital for the surgeries and she said no. I wasn't sure! I have finally hit my $4000 out of pocket! Now till the end of the year everything will be covered 100%. So far Cigna has paid out $55,000.00 this year for me! And that's not April's chemo bill added in yet. Unbelievable!

Mike... when I was talking to Cigna, the lady said I should appeal that genetic bill if I get it because I didn't know they were sending it to an out of network lab. So I will if they bill me! The difference in the in network and out of network billing is if we stay with someone in their network, they pay more. They have those negotiated prices with the doctors for everything. If we go out of network, they pay less and patients are stuck paying more. The first lab the genetic people sent my blood to was in network and they paid over three grand for the testing. I paid nothing at all. Don't know why they didn't use the same lab the second time....

I sent for a new Arizona visitors guide book and its on its way to me! Didn't cost anything. My old one was from 2007. We pretty much have our trip planned out, with what we're going to see this time. God I love it out there!!!!!!!! Larry could leave me with my friend Terry and I'd be happy lol. One day..... if I live long enough.

Well you all have a good day!!
Old April 29th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Nilsson
I am sure in Harry's case it is a cure for a hangover.
That would be the wierdest place to have a hangover considering
I said doctor, is there nothing I can take
I said doctor, to relieve this bellyache

What a day. That's all I gotta say. Hey, it even rhymes.
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jesst about forgot de golf witt of de day

A golfer standing on a tee overlooking a river sees a couple of fishermen and says to his partner, "Look at those two idiots fishing in the rain."
Old April 30th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, just lost my post~~~ Welcome to CO. Expletives deleted.
Y'all have a great humpity, Oldsmocomrades!
Old April 30th, 2014, 04:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Not enough sleep and too much to do at the shop.

Have a Wednesday.
Old April 30th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Must be that kind of a morning. Slept past Awful house time. I don't think we got big storms last night because I didn't hear any thunder, but my girl would wake me up every couple of hours. I just saw on facebook that the Awful house is without power so I guess it's okay that I didn't go.

I'm going to take my neighbor to his doctors appointment this morning so we'll probably go to "breakfast" afterwards.

Still no word on the Fiat. A big problem they have over there is that they have one guy doing all the work. The service manager is also the parts manager, parts counter guy, and the mechanic. They have enough work to at least hire another person.

Guess I'll get the day started. Have a good one everybody.
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:10 AM

Happy Hump'in

GTG to de big city
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:43 AM

Waiting for the cable guy.
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:55 AM

Don't forget tomorrow is May day. Supposed to give May baskets to the Wife, Mother, Daughter. How many of you remember may poles at school when you were kids? Have to be a certain age I guess.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Whensday??

A golf club walks into a bar and asks for a whisky.
The barman refuses to serve him.
"Why?" asks the golf club.
The barman says, "Because I know you"re going to be driving later!"

Looks like everyone is purty busy.

Dan - If the cable guys name is Larry?? Be afraid...

Clint - Sometimes being busy is a good thing....

Pat - May poles? You mean you're not old enough to bermember de May flower pullin up to de shore?

Mike - That's a good enough reason for me not to buy a Fiat. Sounds like the service dept at Yugo....Enjoy brekkie with de neighbor if he survives de Dr.
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

Pourin the rain here now. Had mostly light rain all morning. Temps in the 50's. Don't think we'll see 75* today....

The sun actually came out yesterday afternoon late and the sky was blue! Got up to 71* and was humid. Lots of moisture in the air. The garage floor was sweating and wet when I went out to clean Teepo. Got her inside all clean and detailed outside. My back was killing me by then so I went in the house at 8:30. Gotta do under the hood tonight. I should run out to Ravenna and pick up those mammogram disks after work. Radiology is open until 7.

Still don't know if Bellacinos is on tomorrow night or not.... spotty shower chances everywhere. Sunday is the Olds club spring dustoff in Parma. I forgot about it. Rain chances that day too. Wish we could just go from snow right into hot and dry!

Had the phone company out here this morning to work on our screwy phones. Clay and I got new ones. It's an old outdated system. Steve got ornrey with them once and I felt bad. But they're fixed now.

Well guess I better do something so you all have a good humpday!!
Old April 30th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Always room for one more

I think I was gone most of the day. Took my neighbor to his appointment at 1030 then went to breakfast, got home about 1. Then went to the credit union and sat there for over an hour waiting to talk to someone about a title issue and then got home by 4. Then the Fiat place called and I hitched a ride to go pick up my car. And since the weather has been iffy the dogs were stuck in their room each time. I told them it's better they are in their room than little cages. They didn't seem to care.

Did I tell you guys I'm trying to buy an Airstream from a friend of mine? He bought this thing in 2000 and signed and dated the back of the title, then never sent it in. Now 14 years later he's selling it and the title gave my CU fits. The DMV didn't seem to care one way or another, since it's 29 years old and doesn't even need a title. Not to mention the CU is married to NADA and takes their word as gold. They have grossly underestimated the value of an Airstream and causing me grief about taking money for it.

After I got home the last time, my neighbor called and asked if I had power. I said I was on the way home and I'd see in a few minutes. Sure enough, no power. My reward for walking next door and telling her that, was a big bowl of French Onion soup. Power company came out and removed a tree that had fallen on the lines and had power back on in about an hour.

Anyway the car was fine. The guy was worried that he had missed something and didn't want to give the car back with issues unresolved. He went over the paperwork and even told me about a couple things he did that he either noticed or had service bulletins on. The man is very thorough and obviously cares about his job and his customers. The issue I have is that I can't depend on getting the car back if I need it. It isn't the man's fault, he runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. The owner of the place needs to hire more people. Eh, it's no skin off my nose.

Pat I don't think "mayday" is something that is celebrated in my line of work.

Okay gotta call my Mom. She's in Pensicola and they've had a heck of a time with bad weather. I know from seeing my niece post on facebook that they're okay. I haven't talked to her in awhile anyway.

Have a good night everyone. Two more.
Old April 30th, 2014, 06:39 PM

Good evening everyone.

Still cool and raining here. And should be raining right through the weekend and into next week

Bowling is over for another season. We went into the 2nd week of playoffs this Monday in 3rd place. After either the first or second game we made it up to 2nd but after the 3rd and last game we were down to forth. Oh well, but I had fun and that's what is important.

Mike, good luck with the airstream! At least it isn't another car

Allan, keep the laughs coming.

Pat, I've never even heard of May baskets before.

Two days until the weekend!
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:28 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Whew made it threw the stroms. I now have a dead oak tree to deal with though. Dunno if lightning or beetles got it, but it has had it

On the flip side the maters are loaded and one of the smaller plum trees has followed suit

Ken it's been awhile brother! Glad to see you back up in the mix

Paul it sounds like you are staying busy as a bee with the Mustangs, the job and bowling, maybe now that the bowling season is over.... Oldsmobiles may strike a chord with the agenda

Pat I for one am glad to hear from ya, we thought you guys we buried in the mudslides Sorry to hear about the good ole truck. Mayday? Hmm I'll hold out 'till Mudder's Day. Got too many berfdays "and such" to wrorry 'bout may day

Jimbo here's a peek at a little tornader damage not too fer from me

Old May 1st, 2014, 04:11 AM

Mawn'in all

spose to be nicer weather.

Scot, Yikes, Dat's too lcose fer comfort. Tornados are Kinda like an Alabama divorce. De both take de house trailer

Mike, I'm jes try'in to figger out where you put all dis stuff.

Ok, I'll bite,

So thar's the three sum play'in golf. Grand dad, father and son. As de're 'bout to tee off one de 1st hole up strolls dis good look'in blonde babe an ax is she can join der group.

Although de are reluctant to play with a woman de say yes.

Well, it don't take dem long to find out dis babe can play, She birdies 3 holes in a row and pars de 4th.

As de approach de 18th green she says, Guys, I've never broke 70 on dis course. If some one can help me with dis putt, I'll take dem home, give dem the best single malt scotch, de've ever had and de best [insert whatever here] they're ever had

So, de son leans over, loooks at her putt and says, I think your putt is goona break about 1/2 ball to de right. De father lines it up and says, I'd say about 1 ball to de right.

and grand pa says, Dat's a gimmie, ya wanta go in your car or mine.

Have a great day Olds friends

BTW, I want one of these
http://blog.petflow.com/cnn-report-d...band-see-this/
Old May 1st, 2014, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Seems as tho Colorado wants to ban tornados. They are outlawing trailer homes all over the state. Just a few mobile home parks left.

Scot. thats a scarey pic. them twisters are ruthless.

Paul, Congrats on the 4th place. How many teams on the league?

Mike, sounds like you got rid of the pontoon just in the nick of time.

Sandy, May is making a grand entrance. We have been stuck in the 50's and 60's and now this weekend it's spose to hit the mid 80's

Darrell, Hope you are well wherever you are. Just placed an order.

Allan, Todays gonna be a corvette kinda day. I have an 81? in the shop with a crossfire injection high idle issue. and a 58 is suppose to be towed in this am. It's a FI car that the guy wants to make run. So we are putting a carb on it for him.

Dan, Hope your guy showed up and had a long shirt-tail.

Have a thursday all.
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

One month since last chemo treatment!!! Just wish I'd start to feel better....

The sun is out now and temps at 50*. Supposed to cloud up this afternoon and scattered shower chances.... hoping Bellacinos will cancel tonight but no email from them yet. I just don't have the strength to clean Teepo again if we get rained on. My body hurts so bad....

Was going to take a 1/2 vacation day and leave at noon today so I could get leave early this afternoon to get to Bellacinos early to get a parking space but I don't know if I should waste the vacation time if I end up not going cause of the weather. I just don't know. Damned spring rain!!! We've been waiting since October for this...

Anyhow... went to Robinson last night after work and got the disks. Larry went with me and we ate at A&W. Haven't ate there in years. Had a nice cold root beer. It was good. Got home about 7 and went to the garage and cleaned under teepos hood. I was so tired. Went in about 8:30 and sat down. Dozed on the couch.

Scot... glad those tornadoes missed you! I remember when that one went through Newton Falls back in the 80's. Horrible destruction. The trees still don't look right....

Oh yeah... anyone know how to fill out this confusing voting form for the Olds chapter? I'm finding it very confusing for some reason.

Well not much going on so you all have a good day!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 1st, 2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:37 AM

I have an 81? in the shop with a crossfire injection
That should be an '82..first year of the Crossfire F.I.
Dan, Hope your guy showed up and had a long shirt-tail
He shows up at the door and sez "I'm from Comcast, can I use your bathroom?"
Old May 1st, 2014, 07:42 AM

I don't get why people compare Fiat to Yugo .... Fiat was awful enough all on it's own during the same era.
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:20 AM
CQR

Dan, Correct. I was mistaken. It's a 83. Pretty car except for the Shiny aluminum Vinyl interior I thought the Vettes started CFI a year before the Camaro's.

Prof, Just because most my age didn't know there was such a thing as a Fiat.
Old May 1st, 2014, 02:56 PM
Always room for one more

Ah good evening everyone.

First night back. Gonna be nice the rest of the weekend I think, so working outside won't be bad. Just dark.

Got more metal ordered for the dogs' room today. It will be ready to pick up Monday, which works out great. I'll fire up Big Green and go pick it up. That will make a little more than half the room covered.

I guess Fiat has a good rep these days, at least I haven't heard anything negative about them, and my car has done well. My complaint about the service I'm sure doesn't include every Fiat place. Fiats back in the day, I've heard, were less than stellar in quality. Fix It Again Tony.

Sandy I guess it will take awhile for those drugs to work their way out of your system. At least there aren't any more going in. Fingers crossed for Bellacino's.

Scot that looks like Griffin a couple years ago. A tornado went right through Birdie and just snapped everything in its path. It really looked weird. There was carpet hanging from the trees. There's be one house on the street that looked fine, and the one next door leveled. Scary stuff. I want to build one of those tornado rooms in my house.

Hope you had good luck with the Corvettes, Clint. My experience is they are nice to look at, but a pain to work on.

Jamesbo I'm very creative when it comes to rearranging things on the driveway. I've always been able to pack 10 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound bag.

Paul that hurts me(wink)(my smilies don't work). I may need to buy a couple cars, one because it's been since last summer(the Triumph notwithstanding) and two because a trailer isn't a car and doesn't count. Actually I have been looking at '12 Mustangs. Can't find one without high miles. Or straight shift.

Didn't get a chance to go back and work on the Airstream's title today, so it will be Monday. It will get done Monday and I'll pick up the trailer Monday or Tuesday.

Okay time to head out. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 1st, 2014, 05:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Been pretty nice here the last 2 days. Warm and breezy. I'll take it while I can. Been feeling a lot light headed and tired after taking those stupid Beta Blockers. Not much going on so.....

Two Mexican detectives were investigating the murder of Juan Gonzalez.

"How was he killed?", asked the first detective.
"He was shot with a golf gun," replied the other.

"A golf gun? What's a golf gun?"
"I don't know, but it sure made a hole in Juan."
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:04 PM

Clint, The crossfire F.I. was offered two years, 1982 the last year of the Mako Shark body style (generation C3), and 1984 (generation C4), there were no 1983 production Corvettes built.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:06 AM
CQR

Dan, Good to know. I didn't check the vin, but it was built in 9/82. So it must have been one of the last of the 82's. It seems the first thing people did to these crossfires was knock out the caps on the throttle stop screws and start screwing with them. Both injector housings are leaking so I get to build those next week when parts arrive.

Have a weekend all.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Cloudy today and temps in the 40's now. Not going to get out of the 50's today. I'm so tires of having below normal temps.....

They cancelled Bellacinos yesterday. Got the email a little after noon. So I saved my 1/2 vacation day. It got real cloudy and dark but we had no rain. I was tired anyhow, so I went home and put my pj's on and laid on the couch all night.

Monday is the first Riverfront cruise in. I'm taking a 1/2 vacation day and am going to get there 3ish. It will be packed!! Still rain chances around for the weekend so I don't know about the dust off on Sunday. Wait and see I guess.

I made an appt to see Dr. Bressi, my regular doc, since I haven't seen her since last year. Just want to tell her what I'm taking now and what's going on. Maybe she'll have some suggestions for the swelling. I don't know.

Glad it's Friday. Sure has been a long week!

Well you all have a good day.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:53 AM

Sneeked [or is it snuck] off to de mountains
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sneakin off to see da tribe shortly. Gotta git ma ears lowered...so Here's dee daily offerin...

Clint, Jim, Mike and Allan played golf every Monday at eight o'clock. They were known as the three-hour gang, always finished by 1 am so they could wrench on their cars and bug de supermodel all afternoon.

One eventful day, they ran into a foursome ahead of them, playing incredibly slow. The guys waved and waved at each tee, but the group ahead never moved aside to let them through. After a frustrating five and one-half hour round, the guys came into the bar fuming. The slow group was at a table across the room and the whole bar could hear the cussing coming from the guys.

Finally, the waitress approached them and said, "You guys should lighten up. That group you're cussing out?....they can't see. They're blind golfers and I think it's great they can even play!"

Clint felt terrible and told the waitress, "You're right, tell you what..send them over a round of drinks on me!" Mike told the waitress to put the blind golfers' lunches on his tab. Jim sent a caddie to the pro shop for four sleeves of ***** to present to the blind golfers. Everyone looked at Allan for his offering.... "Screw 'em", Al grumbles, "Tell those idiots to play at night."
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:54 AM

Allan, Old joke but de really do [tanks to de ADA] have braille on de men's and ladies room doors on my golf course. Go figger
Old May 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, I always figgered ifn I could wears Sammy Davis gurgles inta de club, I could koppa feel ere en dere witout gettin slapped too much..

I think it's de law requires braille on the de doors cause not all blind peeps golf, but dey shore can eat and drink...plus de love to set an lissen to golf lies....so dat would splain how come de floor gets splashed up so much??
Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone. Actually "Wednesday" for me. Or Tuesday. Or Thursday. Nice day out. It's probably beautiful in the mountains.

Braille. Great invention. Don't know why it's needed on the drive through of the bank. The blind folks actually did us a favor a few years back. Some yay-hoo or two decided they needed to speak up for the blind and decided we needed to change our money. They felt that it would be too easy to rip off a blind person because all our money looks and feels the same. They wanted to change all the bills to be different sizes, have a different feel, etc. and made quite a stink about it. A muckety in the blind society said hold the phone, no blind person has ever made a fuss about it, so there's no need to create a solution to something that isn't a problem.

Allan, yuck.

Clint/Dan, were the 13 1983 Corvettes Cross Fire or were they carbed? I saw the last remaining(so claimed) '83 Corvette at the Corvette museum some years ago.

Time to hit the bricks. Hope everyone has a good evening and has a good weekend planned.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:35 PM

Mike, they should have been Crossfire (I don't know for sure) as the '82's and '84's were, it would make no sense to carb them, when F.I. was already the way that they were going.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:08 AM
CQR

Morning. I read there were 44 made and all but one were destroyed in testing and such. was the last one to survive swallowed up in the sinkhole?

Off to Fountain today. I have to help put on the kids race today. Our race is on Sunday. Gonna be downright toasty. Mid 80s all weekend.

Have a day all.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 04:17 AM

Beautiful day in de mountains

Gonna go get hypnotized and see if dat helps me quit de cigs
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:23 AM

was the last one to survive swallowed up in the sinkhole?
Nope, none of the eight cars in the sinkhole was an '83.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Beautiful day here. Think it's gonna be chilly tonight.

Dan I thought that was sort of a dumb question after I posted it, but you know you never know what a test mule is gonna have in it, or a prototype or what have you. I didn't realize there were that many of them built. Funny if they had 43 cars to beat to death the 84 still came out a POS.

Jamesbo good luck with the hypnotism. Have you tried, just not buying them? The big thing at work now is the vapor cigs. People puff on those like there's no tomorrow. A "Vapor Store" just opened close to me. I have a feeling that guy's gonna be a millionaire.

Not much happening here. It's Friday. Got lots planned for my weekend, hope the weather stays nice. Have a good weekend everybody.
Old May 4th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Always room for one more

My turn again. I won't say I got the worm because I haven't been to bed yet.

Not a bad night at work, most everyone went home about lunch time except us. Eh, so what. I'm over all that.

Gonna take a shower and head back to work. The brake shop is open and no one is around, and I have three rims that need blasting. After that I'm gonna stop by the junkyard. I haven't been there in months. Gonna be nice all day(all week!) so I'll figure out what to do this afternoon when I get home.

Today will be a rare Awful house on my first day off day. Good way to get things going. Hope I keep going and my brain doesn't go into auto shutdown. Tough to deal with when you're not home.

Have a great day everyone.
Old May 4th, 2014, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day in de mountain, unfortunatly gtg back to de city

Mike, I've tried dem but my Dr. says No use Chantix, my nieghbor won't let me use Chantix cause I was gonna murder her husband, my dentist won't let me chew de gum cuase it is bad few my gums, de patch makes my blood pressure soar, Sooooooooooooooooo round and round we go

I will say, dis seems to help me cut back alot, She [Madame Dufarge] says it will take 3 trips

So, I get 2 more trips to de mountains fer de most relaxing few hours I've ever had.

Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends
Old May 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM

Hey gang, nice to see you are still here. Been busy here

Spring comes and goes here. One day it will stay.

Pat, glad your your okay.

Sandy, one day at a time. You went to hell and back, take a bit to feel better but you will get there.

My court case turned out not too bad after all, got half of the money I was after. Could of been an a$$ and went to court, would of turned out to get the same amount by the time i paid for a lawyer. Some justic at least.

Our appeal with Manitoba health went good, the way it was going I think we won. Guess we find out in a few weeks. This will help to pay the medical bill to Mayo. Even half would help.

So I started to build a shed in the back yard, nice little shed. Finally clean out my garage and move it to the lot. Still lots to ho on the lot as well. I need to haul 4000 yards of fill.

Pipeline is firing up soon, heading to Redverse for 2 months first to finish some reclamation. Then off to Chinchaga, or Vancover and finish the year there. After that, northern bc. The heart of the rockies. That will be fun.

Any ways chat with you after, back to my shed.

Peace
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Captain Starfire

Beautiful final '14 Jazz-Fest day today

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Nope, none of the eight cars in the sinkhole was an '83.
I had also heard that the last remaining '83 was in the hole, but that it was salvagable....

Been back at my favorite project, piping garage for air. Should have just bought a bunch of hoses.

Y'all have a great resto' Sunday, Oldsmofriends.
Old May 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Worst damaged: The Official list:
- 2001 custom-made, one-of-a-kind Mallett Hammer Z06 racing car
- GM-owned 1993 ZR-1 Spyder; fewer than 12 were ever built
Significantly damaged:
- 1984 PPG Pace Car; aone-of-a-kind car for Indy Car World Series
- 1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary model; more than 6,000 werebuilt
- 1992 '1 millionth' Corvette to come off theassembly line
- 2009 '1.5 millionth' Corvette to come off theassembly line
Least damaged:
- 2009 ZR1 Blue Devil, among GM's fastest production cars
- 1962 tuxedo black Corvette, the oldest sinkhole car

Last edited by 1969w3155; May 4th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.