The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2024, 05:35 AM

Old February 25th, 2024, 06:32 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - The Compact Tractor Bucket Hooks h/w look good.
Old February 25th, 2024, 07:11 AM

Looks good Jim! 👍
Old February 25th, 2024, 09:01 AM

I may not need to add the 3rd hydra

ulic line to dump
Old February 25th, 2024, 09:18 AM

Jim - That's pretty frickin cool! 👍
Old February 25th, 2024, 11:56 AM

That's good. It's nice how you've got some angle adjustment in the hitch so it doesn't tweak the bucket if the bucket angle isn't perfect as it goes up. Allows catching up.

Maybe I'll get planted there one day, hopefully long from now.
Old February 25th, 2024, 11:58 AM

Not doing much today, cleaning house. Playing my dad's reels; I've had to clean the tape heads twice now. I think it needed it once, and I didn't let it dry out enough I think. For 50 year old BASF, the tape is doing ok.

Paul McCartney is currently asking us why don't we do it in the road.
Old February 25th, 2024, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
That's good. It's nice how you've got some angle adjustment in the hitch so it doesn't tweak the bucket if the bucket angle isn't perfect as it goes up. Allows catching up.

Maybe I'll get planted there one day, hopefully long from now.
John the pendil hook is rounded so no binding
Old February 25th, 2024, 12:36 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I may not need to add the 3rd hydraulic line to dump
Not understanding. Normally, the "hydraulic" dump trailer would be pulled from the rear/back of a tractor with hydraulic lines connected. To dump the trailer you'd engage the hydraulic pump, the hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic lines engage one or two hydraulic rams to lift the dump bed from the trailer to discharge the contents. Why have/own a hydraulic lift/dump trailer if you're going to use the Compact Tractor Bucket Hooks hitch receiver attachment to lift the trailer with the bucket? You wouldn't need a hydraulic lift/dump trailer at all. What is my dense head not comprehending?
Old February 25th, 2024, 12:40 PM

Norm the part may be added in the future but the part alone is $1,200.00. I'm frugal and now for a few hundred bucks I can't immediately start saving sod
and stop buying seeds. Also If I Have and Attachment on the rear and a funeral comes up quickly,. I Don't have to change rear attachments. I Like having different options. I Also have a hook on my truck so, [if i had to] I Could load up the wagon, pull it away from the grave for the service and later hook it up to the tractor to dump the sod

Last edited by Jamesbo; February 25th, 2024 at 03:48 PM.
Old February 25th, 2024, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Had a nice time at my friend's. We did plumbing most of the time. He wanted to show me where he thought the water line was leaking going to his shop, long story short we found a leak in the meter box and spent an afternoon fixing that. Well when we had it all apart most of the water drained back out of the house and when we put water back on, it blew out three toilet fill valves. So we fixed those the next day. Tried figuring out why his car doesn't have brake or rear parking lights. I think it's a rusty fuse block, since the windshield leaks and the fuse block is all rusty. Watched a lot of Fox news. Nice weather the whole time.

Dan I had hip replacement surgery done in August. Had trouble for 7 years, finally got around to having it done. Near miraculous results I'd say.

Okay I'm gonna get caught up some more. Work tomorrow. I'll probably weep once I get there. Eh, two weeks then I'm off another two weeks. I really need to retire. These last two weeks were nice.

Have a good evening everyone.

Last edited by slantflat; February 25th, 2024 at 03:06 PM.
Old February 25th, 2024, 03:13 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Sounds like a productive trip. Retirement isn't what many make it out to be - it's far better.
Old February 25th, 2024, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Mike - Sounds like a productive trip. Retirement isn't what many make it out to be - it's far better.
x10!
Old February 25th, 2024, 04:04 PM

Well, Gabe's team lost 4-2 . His team had dug themselves a huge hole and were down 3-0 when Gabe scored his team's 1st goal to make it 3-1, which gave them a spark! They got to 3 -2 before the other team scored a 4th. Gabe played great! He will start a 4 on 4 (vs. 6 on 6) practice league in mid-March which will be fun to watch.
Old February 26th, 2024, 02:34 AM

Chris, Tough break

Last edited by Jamesbo; February 26th, 2024 at 02:37 AM.
Old February 26th, 2024, 07:20 AM

Chris, Tough break
Yep, so true, thanks Jim. Great quote from "The Bear"! Having the humility to learn from, and accept, a loss is certainly wise advice. There's no shame in getting knocked down, it's having the character to pick yourself up and do better the next time out that really matters.
Old February 26th, 2024, 02:42 PM

Really nice day today, partly sunny and 79° right now at 1630. Supposed to be even a few degrees warmer tomorrow, but the potential for violent weather tomorrow night or Wednesday morning as a cold front sweeps down and collides with the warm, moist air. Projecting a high of 83° tomorrow afternoon, and then a low of 29° Wednesday morning. How's that for a collision, a 54° difference!

Going to get our taxes done finally in about an hour. I did them myself for years and hated every minute of it. Now with a much more diversified portfolio, and the constant changes to the tax code, and therefore tax software, I have absolutely no desire to wade thru them. Plus, Missouri tax forms are a real cluster F#&$! It's worth every penny I spend to have someone else do them!

Hope ya'll had a great day!

Old February 26th, 2024, 02:59 PM
Running On Empty

https://www.snapchat.com/spotlight/W..._copy_url=true
Old February 26th, 2024, 04:59 PM

Near miraculous results I'd say.
Mike, good to hear that. Chris, we have the same weather system coming through as well, though not as extreme. 60's tomorrow with t-storms coming through, and the plunge into the 20's by Wednesday afternoon, followed by another warm-up.
Old February 26th, 2024, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, we have the same weather system coming through as well, though not as extreme. 60's tomorrow with t-storms coming through, and the plunge into the 20's by Wednesday afternoon, followed by another warm-up.
I sure hope neither of us gets anything too crazy!
Old February 26th, 2024, 05:46 PM

Well, the taxes went fine. Told my wife before we went that I was betting we'd have to pay something on either the Federal or State because of the Jt. Mutual Fund we liquidated this year and moved the proceeds into a high yield Money Market Fund. Getting a small refund from Federal and had to pay the State. Still coming out a little ahead, s'all good! 👍
Old February 26th, 2024, 07:02 PM

Got bitched at by my boss a lot today. I disagreed with him on stuff. I need to leave his group. I have plans A through E in various stages of motion to do that.
Old February 26th, 2024, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Got bitched at by my boss a lot today. I disagreed with him on stuff. I need to leave his group. I have plans A through E in various stages of motion to do that.
John - I hope things resolve themselves at work sooner than later for you. Life can really suck when you have to face a shitty work environment everyday. I know, I faced my share of them throughout my career. Wish you the best!
Old February 26th, 2024, 08:30 PM

Norm - Here’s the "new look" black cabinets with the brushed stainless pulls added. We love the new look! Makes a big difference!
Old February 27th, 2024, 04:40 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Looks nice.

Old February 27th, 2024, 06:51 AM

Chris - Looks nice.
Thanks Norm. 😊
Old February 27th, 2024, 01:06 PM

John - I hope things resolve themselves at work sooner than later for you. Life can really suck when you have to face a shitty work environment everyday. I know, I faced my share of them throughout my career. Wish you the best!
I agree with this sentiment. Chris, fine kitchen that you have there. I have a couple of windows open to take advantage of the brief warm up. Tomorrow they'll be shut tight. I used to do my taxes back in the day. Started off doing them by hand, then online. But, I just didn't like doing them. Have them done by a pro for the last 15 years or so. Small refund from the state and feds, which will pay the city. We have a 1% city tax that pays for police, fire, trash, recyclables, and lawn and leaf pick up, but my company will not take it out of our paycheck.
Old February 27th, 2024, 02:27 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Boy did we eat good this morning. The lead was late so he brought donuts. Then someone else was more late and he brought Chick Fil A biscuits.

John you've been talking about leaving your position for awhile. I hope this is the last straw and you finally get to go. Life is too long to have a job that sucks. Are you thinking another position somewhere in the company or will you sever ties and look elsewhere?

Last couple of days at work weren't too bad. I liked being home better. Tomorrow is already Hump Day so that ain't so bad.

Chris the cabinets look nice. Not a look I'd go for but they are sharp. I like boring honey oak cabinets.

I need to get my taxes filed. The last few years I've been waiting to the very end, in fact a couple years ago I filed an extension because I lost some of my paperwork. I used to get them done before the end of January and then use my refund to go to Australia.

I think I'll hit the sack early tonight. I'm tired. Gonna cool down and rain the rest of the week. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old February 27th, 2024, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I agree with this sentiment. Chris, fine kitchen that you have there.
Thanks Dan! We're getting the house more and more back together slowly everyday, mainly because my wife insists on doing 95% of it herself, unless something needs more muscle than she has. I think she feels guilty since 95% of the cost is coming from my income, but she fails to recognize her own labor equity, which is substantial! I'm still going to post a portfolio of all the changes when we're at least close to done, the changes are both substantial and remarkable.
Old February 27th, 2024, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.
Chris the cabinets look nice. Not a look I'd go for but they are sharp. I like boring honey oak cabinets.
Mike - Honestly, I like the honey oak better too. As I think I've mentioned before, this interior refresh is all about my Wife getting to make the house her own. Not necessarily my style, but I still think everything looks nice and I can live with it if she's happy..

I figured you either had back or hip surgery. I'm so happy for you that you are getting to enjoy life without constant pain! 👍
Old February 27th, 2024, 03:28 PM

very nice kitchen Chris has no one ever heard of an extension.
Old February 27th, 2024, 03:32 PM

very nice kitchen Chris has no one ever heard of an extension.
Thanks Jim, I'll pass on the compliment, much appreciated! "An extension", I'm clueless???
Old February 27th, 2024, 03:56 PM

Wife just told me today was the warmest recorded temp in February in St. Louis history, 86°. I knew it was warm, but didn't know it had gotten that warm, crazy!
Old February 27th, 2024, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Boy did we eat good this morning. The lead was late so he brought donuts. Then someone else was more late and he brought Chick Fil A biscuits.

John you've been talking about leaving your position for awhile. I hope this is the last straw and you finally get to go. Life is too long to have a job that sucks. Are you thinking another position somewhere in the company or will you sever ties and look elsewhere?

Last couple of days at work weren't too bad. I liked being home better. Tomorrow is already Hump Day so that ain't so bad.

I need to get my taxes filed. The last few years I've been waiting to the very end, in fact a couple years ago I filed an extension because I lost some of my paperwork. I used to get them done before the end of January and then use my refund to go to Australia.

I think I'll hit the sack early tonight. I'm tired. Gonna cool down and rain the rest of the week. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Mike, thanks for the concern. Plan A is a lateral to another position for which I have successfully interviewed but don't know yet. Plan B is a promotion to senior engineer in my department, back in my old role, that is going to be posted here in a couple weeks for which I think I will win an interview. Plan C is a similar position plantside, a few weeks later, I think. Plan D is wait till the yearly bonus and raises come out and give notice, early June, and take something nice if they want me to stay. Plan E is follow through with the notice and quit, same timing. On the other hand, the work will be a lot easier at that point, so maybe I won't (project timeline related) but my immediate management still sucks, so maybe I will. I'd say I have an 80% chance of being out of there by June 20.
Old February 28th, 2024, 03:12 AM
Running On Empty

Original detached garage. Many Southern garages are what I'd consider car ports to a degree since many don't have garage doors. I'm performing a R&R of the framing, wood underlay, & shingles. I did a quick-fix ~5 yrs. ago I didn't expect to last - it bought me some time. I attached the backside of this garage to the new man-cave I erected. This detached (non-enclosed) garage serves as basically my covered/sheltered outdoor storage.

Old February 28th, 2024, 06:51 AM

Original detached garage. Many Southern garages are what I'd consider car ports to a degree since many don't have garage doors. I'm performing a R&R of the framing, wood underlay, & shingles. I did a quick-fix ~5 yrs. ago I didn't expect to last - it bought me some time. I attached the backside of this garage to the new man-cave I erected. This detached (non-enclosed) garage serves as basically my covered/sheltered outdoor storage.
Norm - Are you just doing that section of overhang you're working on in the picture, or are you taking on the whole roof?
Old February 28th, 2024, 07:35 AM

30° here in StL at 0900, a far cry from the high of 86° yesterday afternoon. Pretty windy last night but at least there were no tornadoes close I have heard about. Warming each day now thru Sunday with a projected high that day of 76°!

We should have postponed last night's dinner for the colder weather today. My wife's wonderful Ham and Great Northern White Beans, with a big pan of Corn Bread. Maybe I should say a pan of butter with some cornbread on it? 🤣 That's Frank's RedHot in the beans.
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:16 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - Are you just doing that section of overhang you're working on in the picture, or are you taking on the whole roof?
I need to replace more boards than can be visualized. Majority of boards are good.
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:32 AM

I need to replace more boards than can be visualized. Majority of boards are good.
Regardless, sounds like a big undertaking. Luckily you have the knowledge/skills to do it yourself. Glad you got the scaffolding to work from, but be careful pardner!
Old February 28th, 2024, 08:43 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - This job is a cake walk.