The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2024, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Well, the researcher in the video is same researcher identified in other more reputable sources. I believe the novelty is: (1) the largest snake ever recorded and (2) it is a cross between two anaconda species (which led to scientific publication).

https://nltimes.nl/2024/02/19/discov...ter-freek-vonk
https://www.mdpi.com/1424-2818/16/2/127
https://www.dutchnews.nl/2024/02/dut...-new-anaconda/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freek_Vonk

Nah...
Old February 21st, 2024, 05:36 PM

Lol
Old February 21st, 2024, 05:49 PM
Running On Empty

I've been a Jorma Kaukonen + Jack Cassidy follower since the 1960s. I've seen Hot Tuna ~30 times. I'm a member of the Fur Peace Ranch.
Old February 21st, 2024, 05:50 PM

I've been a Jorma Kaukonen + Jack Cassidy follower since the 1960s. I've seen Hot Tuna ~30 times. I'm a member of the Fur Peace Ranch.
LMAOFF Nice
Old February 21st, 2024, 06:31 PM

Jefferson Airplane has been growing on me lately. Grabbing some albums on vinyl. White Rabbit is an interesting song because it's a long crescendo, it just puts it to the wood and keeps at it.
Old February 21st, 2024, 06:42 PM

Norm, you obviously have a lot more free time than I. Things like that do not routinely enter my realm of existence.
Old February 21st, 2024, 06:54 PM
Running On Empty

You're pushing the Way Back button. Grace wrote White Rabbit when she was w/ Great Society (prior to JA). She did well for herself, having formed Jefferson Starship w/ Paul Kantner when Jorma & Jack decided to leave JA to form Hot Tuna. Pete Sears joined Starship about same time.
Old February 21st, 2024, 07:14 PM
Running On Empty

I cleaned (sorted seeds) from a fair number of bags of Mary Jane on the Surrealistic Pillow album jacket.
Old February 21st, 2024, 07:19 PM

You're kill'n me smalls

Old February 21st, 2024, 07:22 PM

I cleaned (sorted seeds) from a fair number of bags of Mary Jane on the Surrealistic Pillow album jacket.
I think that album, without the "devil's lettuce," is sitting on my living room couch with others atm.
Old February 21st, 2024, 07:40 PM
Running On Empty

I fell to sleep in my room in H.S. with either Threshold Of A Dream, Surrealistic Pillow or The White Album so often I think I may have purchased three of each during H.S. I was buying record needles by the boxful.
Old February 21st, 2024, 07:50 PM
Running On Empty

FTR, my hallmark favorite from both Surrealistic Pillow and HT….

Old February 21st, 2024, 07:58 PM

I'm not a fall asleep to music guy. My one roommate at school played the Doors each evening. I like the band because of him. He's gone now, been so for about ten years. My second high school is a story for another time, but a lot of my classmates are gone from it. At risk kids that did all right for a while, but couldn't hang on long term. Mostly drugs, I think. I'll think of my buddy when I play those albums.
Old February 21st, 2024, 08:02 PM

Ah, in junior high I used to fall asleep listening to a stack of Judas Priest and Kiss albums.
Old February 22nd, 2024, 01:40 AM

My first college roommate is buried in my cemetery. BOTH his father and brother were surgeons He chose a different path Sad The problem is [even in De Netherlands where it's legal] MOST People don't know WTF THEY ARE Buying. GRACE STILL BEING Vertical is a miracle

Last edited by Jamesbo; February 22nd, 2024 at 01:44 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:00 AM

Yes I will pick up a piece. of steel and some grade 8 bolts.
Rick
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:14 AM
Running On Empty

Widening/Broadening the load in distance & adding Grade 8 bolts are great improvements.
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:25 AM
Running On Empty

I have ~5 varieties of mature Camelia. One blooms early in North Carolina winter (January), two others at the end of January through mid-February, and a couple towards end of February. They're nice to see bloom in the middle of a Southern winter. I have one large White Forsythia bush which is poking out buds, nice to see as spring is just around the corner. Trimmed back all (~40-50) Azaleas last fall & buds are beginning to develop. Hydrangea takes a little longer & is always a risk to these plants if we get a late freeze. I used to cover them, last year I stopped covering them - way too much work.
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:51 AM

Widening/Broadening the load in distance & adding Grade 8 bolts are great improvements.
Thanks Norm!
Old February 22nd, 2024, 09:36 AM

Hi guys,
Nice out again today, partly sunny and a high around 68°. They've taken the rain/storms out of the forecast, which I'm happy for because Monty won't be having a meltdown.

Right now I'm a casualty of the nationwide phone outage. Wife and I are on the same plan with Consumer Cellular, her phone is working, mine is not. I thought that was weird so I called Consumer Cellular on her phone and all they could tell me was they have a huge number of customers without service, and that my phone not working when my wife's is, could be related to my phone make/model or SIM card, they can't say for sure right now. Their answer is they're working on it, and to turn my phone off and on every couple of hours to see if I've regained service. Brilliant, just Brilliant, WTF, why didn't I think of that?
Old February 22nd, 2024, 11:08 AM

Chris, my AT&T phone was out until about noon
Old February 22nd, 2024, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, my AT&T phone was out until about noon
Ya, I think mine must have came back about the same time. I'm pretty sure Consumer Cellular doesn't have it's own network, and probably uses AT&T, and maybe others. What I still don't understand is why my wife's phone was never down? Maybe Voodoo, she's the Black Magic Woman!
Old February 22nd, 2024, 01:58 PM

The cell outage affected AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile from what I saw on the web. I could not open any articles on my phone this a.m. No, I have no intention of getting in any body of water that has, or may contain andaconda's, their ilk, or crocs, gators, sharks, etc. ya know what I mean? I saw an old clip of American Bandstand with Jefferson Airplane performing White Rabbit. I don't think the Dick Clark knew what to think about that songs lyrics. So, the crew came to start clearing the property for the companies expansion, they ask, where's the permits? Dumb company rep. says I didn't know that we needed a permit for that!!! How can you become a cognizant adult, and not have a frickin' clue? Some of the dumbest people that I have encountered in my life, have been white collared, degree acquired, management type. Land clearing has been pushed back one week. Peter Lorre, a great "bad guy". One of those guy's from black and white tv from when I was a kid.The African Queen, a great one, watched it last year.
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
So, the crew came to start clearing the property for the companies expansion, they ask, where's the permits? Dumb company rep. says I didn't know that we needed a permit for that!!!
Dumb as a box of rocks!
Old February 22nd, 2024, 05:43 PM

Considering how permitting is basically a cash grab by the government, I agree with the guy. I won't pull a permit for tree removal. If it's breaking ground, then ok. I don't think the company rep's mistake was not knowing to get a permit, it was not hiring a GC who would know that, and would get all permits.

You usually don't encounter dumb blue collar people because they have very little sphere of influence. They're either watching TV wherever they manage to live and zoning out as much as they can, or they're on the street.

Old February 22nd, 2024, 05:55 PM

No, I have no intention of getting in any body of water that has, or may contain andaconda's, their ilk, or crocs, gators, sharks, etc.
Meh, we went water skiing, swimming, fishing, and crabbing in waters with gators all around. We just kept our distance and both parties went about their business - for the gators it was mostly on the banks basking in the sun. On the Gulf Coast beaches we regularly surf fished and pulled in sharks while families played in the water nearby. No big deal, even little Jonny never got eaten by a gator or a shark.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 10:12 AM

Good morning guys,

Another pretty day here, sunny and headed towards a high in the mid-60's. This coming Sun and Mon, mid-70's, Tues low 80's, Wed high 48°. The roller coaster continues.

Gabe's end of season league tournament starts tomorrow at 0800. Top 8 teams of their 15 team league got in the tournament. Gabe's team is seeded 5th. His team was 1-1 during the regular season against the team they play tomorrow. Should be a good one! If they win they will play a semi-final game Sunday.

Monty has a annual check-up with the Vet later today for vaccines and just general wellness check. Hope he gets a clean bill of health.

Hope ya'll have a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; February 23rd, 2024 at 10:58 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 12:31 PM

Considering how permitting is basically a cash grab by the government, I agree with the guy. I won't pull a permit for tree removal. If it's breaking ground, then ok. I don't think the company rep's mistake was not knowing to get a permit, it was not hiring a GC who would know that, and would get all permits.

You usually don't encounter dumb blue collar people because they have very little sphere of influence. They're either watching TV wherever they manage to live and zoning out as much as they can, or they're on the street
. It's not a tree, it's land clearing for a 100,000 ft. expansion, and if you are overseeing this expansion, you sure as hell better have your **** together. The blue collar guys know better by the simple fact that they are more than likely to do things themselves, and know what needs to be done. I don't need a permit to take out small trees, but I know that anything of substance from clearing a lot, or adding a shed or deck require it. Why? because I make it a point to know.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 12:59 PM
Running On Empty

Any addition to a currently standing/erected building requires a permit - not only to meet architectural safety compliance (among others), but this form of permit governance is more than a simple cash grab. Someone should have had the responsibility of ensuring a city/town/county etc. permit was obtained for the clearing esp. when it's industrial/commercial property. Drainage is a significant concern. Examining current soil profiles, current/future drainage patterns (changing soil out for asphalt/concrete, etc.) has to meet code standards. Hard for me to imagine a business wouldn't have obtained these permits. Is it the responsibility of the GC? Most likely. You'd have thunk the GC would have informed the business a permit is required for land clearance. Odd.
Old February 23rd, 2024, 02:52 PM

Norm What about walls
Old February 23rd, 2024, 02:54 PM
Running On Empty

Norm What about walls

Old February 23rd, 2024, 03:41 PM

Hi guys,

Monty got a clean bill of health, although his parents got a minor scolding for letting him put on a few pounds over Winter. Jeesh, give the guy a break, he's a middle aged dog now! Apparently there has been a new development in dog vaccinations. Instead of having to get the Rabies and the Da2PP vaccines yearly, they are now both available in a 3-year variety, only $5 more per injection than the yearly. What a deal. We are going to start him on Apoquel (allergy medication) in hope of it stopping him from excessively licking his paws.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old February 23rd, 2024, 04:10 PM

. It's not a tree, it's land clearing for a 100,000 ft. expansion, and if you are overseeing this expansion, you sure as hell better have your **** together. The blue collar guys know better by the simple fact that they are more than likely to do things themselves, and know what needs to be done. I don't need a permit to take out small trees, but I know that anything of substance from clearing a lot, or adding a shed or deck require it. Why? because I make it a point to know.
True. I just hate government. I got through most of my renovation without permits. Had to get a small one at the end.

Any addition to a currently standing/erected building requires a permit - not only to meet architectural safety compliance (among others), but this form of permit governance is more than a simple cash grab. Someone should have had the responsibility of ensuring a city/town/county etc. permit was obtained for the clearing esp. when it's industrial/commercial property. Drainage is a significant concern. Examining current soil profiles, current/future drainage patterns (changing soil out for asphalt/concrete, etc.) has to meet code standards. Hard for me to imagine a business wouldn't have obtained these permits. Is it the responsibility of the GC? Most likely. You'd have thunk the GC would have informed the business a permit is required for land clearance. Odd.
The business is not in the business of making a new building, so the owner rep can be clueless about it. The GC hired is at fault.

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Hi guys,

Monty got a clean bill of health, although his parents got a minor scolding for letting him put on a few pounds over Winter. Jeesh, give the guy a break, he's a middle aged dog now! Apparently there has been a new development in dog vaccinations. Instead of having to get the Rabies and the Da2PP vaccines yearly, they are now both available in a 3-year variety, only $5 more per injection than the yearly. What a deal. We are going to start him on Apoquel (allergy medication) in hope of it stopping him from excessively licking his paws.

Hope everyone had a great day!
I point at my mom's beagle and say "Fat Doggie!" when she is over her recommended weight.
Old February 24th, 2024, 05:21 AM

When I GO Home to Glory Please don't let the Super Model take my trusty blazer to Good Will

Last edited by Jamesbo; February 24th, 2024 at 05:26 AM.
Old February 24th, 2024, 09:11 AM

When I GO Home to Glory Please don't let the Super Model take my trusty blazer to Good Will
OK Jim, I'll bite. What is the significance of the Crest on the blazer buttons, and the blazer itself?
Old February 24th, 2024, 09:23 AM

Good morning guys,

Still only 40° here at 1100, we'll be lucky if we hit 45°, but at least it's sunny. Weatherman is still calling for low 70's tomorrow and low 80's on Tuesday.

Grandson Gabe won his Quarterfinal hockey tournament game this morning, 3-1. He didn't score but played well. They play tomorrow afternoon at 1500 against a team they split with, 2-2, during regular league play. If they win tomorrow they will play in the Championship next Saturday. I'm having a ball watching him play!

No big plans for the rest of the day.. Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old February 24th, 2024, 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=Dream67Olds442;1555039]OK Jim, I'll bite. What is the significance of the Crest on the blazer buttons, and the blazer itself?[/QUOT
,Confederate officials buttons
Old February 24th, 2024, 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=Jamesbo;1555076]
Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
OK Jim, I'll bite. What is the significance of the Crest on the blazer buttons, and the blazer itself?[/QUOT
,Confederate officials buttons
Pretty damn cool! 😎
Old February 24th, 2024, 03:09 PM
Running On Empty

Old February 24th, 2024, 03:49 PM

TO KILL THE FIRST BORN PHAROAH'S SON..... I'M CREEPING DEATH!!!!!!