The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all, from the salt mine. Weather took a decided turn to the muggy and temperate this morning. 'Twas 65* at the Plantation, with the humidity on the rise, supposedly to culminate in a visit from Elsie Friday, and into Sat. a.m.

Was going to take the SF to the annual Lions Club car show in Ponchatoula, but only if Elsie cooperates and makes herself scarce.

Congrats, Darrell! A couple of those pic's aren't coming thru at present, though. Have you showed us the Riv before? I was a wee youngster, but I remember when those '63s were new.... My Mom said the Riviera was her favorite car ;-) I take it it's a 401? (probably only motor available in its first year?).

Lookin' great, Kyle! Looks mighty high... will you be able to fit a lift?

Whelpt, happy humpin' to all my Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 7th, 2014 at 04:59 AM.
Old May 7th, 2014, 05:03 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Kyle that looks like a good start. I just wish I had more time to spend in my cave.

Allan, I think the 200 uses the small bullet style sleeve compared to the old 350 big round sleeve.

I may be wrong tho.

Darrell, the car is beautiful. I can't see the last two pics. just the first one. I did enter that number and n the reciept it gave credit to a NY territory, but there was no discount for the code. just the 3 bottle purchase. I have a Physical with bloodwork at the end of the month. I'll be interested to see my numbers in that short of time.

Sandy, Get some of those tassels to attach to your fan. (the ones like in girls bicycle handlebars) to make some noise, then if Brian questions it, tell him it was so quiet you had to put those on to make sure it was on.

Jamesbo, hope you get some of the list knocked out.

Have a humpday all.
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:32 AM

Morning CO gang,

Thanks for the remarks on the shed. It isn't built for a hoist, that is what my garage will be for. This guy is only 12' x 16' x 12' 4.5" high. The upstairs part is for the wife's outside decorations, the bottom is for me to tinker with parts and whatever else I need to do.

Started raining yesternight and hasn't stopped yet. Suppose to rain all day, we are suppose to have 3 days of sun after this. I hope so, hope the yellow thing didn't fall out of the sky.

Was going to check out the dirt pile today but clay and rain mix way too well.

Have a great morning guys and gals, chat with you later

Peace
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:03 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. I fixed the two pictures on my last post, not sure why they disappeared.

Clint - I'm sure you'll see a good drop in your cholesterol. Sorry about the discount error. Must have been a glitch with the website so next time I will put you in contact with my order processor and she will give it to you.

Have a great day everyone!
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:26 AM

BTW Darrell, nice trophy!!!
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Always room for one more

Happity humpity everyone.

Yet another beautiful day. I'm really appreciating them because I know rain sucks.

Darrell that is one fine looking car. And power windows! The boy looks pretty pleased to be hanging on to that trophy.

Kyle I need a shop like that. Actually I need to get my garage repaired and an addition to it. Know what I want in my head, getting it built is another thing.

Work tonight, so I thought I'd sleep in. My neighbors called to have me come over to say goodbye. They left for New Jersey this morning, gonna stay up there 6 months. I thought they were leaving this afternoon. So I might as well go to the Awful house for a late breakfast and then the elusive junkyard.

Sandy how about some baseball cards and clothespins. Or keep the fan quiet and find something else to make noise.

Scot come on back. Did you ever think of the name of that stuff from Lowes to put inside my van?

Guess I'll head out. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Had rain this morning but its clearing out some now. Dont know about Chick fil A tonight... supposed to get up to 72* later.

78* in here. Turned my new fan on 2 this morning when I got here. Brian came in and glanced at it on his way to his desk. So.... when he went to the bathroom on his way out to smoke, I went to the bathroom too. Thought I wouldn't give him the chance to turn it down to 1 again like he did yesterday when I went to the bathroom. I didn't say anything yesterday and just left it on 1. Well.... sure as shi* before he went out to smoke,he came in here and turned it down to 1!!!!! Well I put it back on 2 again. He hasn't said a word. Friggin **** a$$ control freak!!!! He was out leaning over Steven's desk whispering earlier and I quietly walked in, lol. He started picking up papers on Steve's desk and talking about something else loudly lol. I would never think of going g over to his table and messing with something, even if it was bothering me. I hate the way he cracks his knuckles all day but Ive been listening to it for 6 years now and never said a word.... he's just a control freak.

Darrell... nice to hear from you!!! Congrats on the award! Glad to know all is well.

Larry grilled steaks last night and sweet taters and corn on the cob for supper! It was sooo friggin good! I have to watch now that food tastes good again or I'm going to put on the pounds! The egg salad I made and had for lunch yesterday was delicious! Oh the joys of being able to taste again!

Well you all have a good hump day!
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Morning all!
78* in here. Turned my new fan on 2 this morning when I got here. Brian came in and glanced at it on his way to his desk. So.... when he went to the bathroom on his way out to smoke, I went to the bathroom too. Thought I wouldn't give him the chance to turn it down to 1 again like he did yesterday when I went to the bathroom. I didn't say anything yesterday and just left it on 1. Well.... sure as shi* before he went out to smoke,he came in here and turned it down to 1!!!!! Well I put it back on 2 again. He hasn't said a word. Friggin **** a$$ control freak!!!! He was out leaning over Steven's desk whispering earlier and I quietly walked in, lol. He started picking up papers on Steve's desk and talking about something else loudly lol. I would never think of going g over to his table and messing with something, even if it was bothering me. I hate the way he cracks his knuckles all day but Ive been listening to it for 6 years now and never said a word.... he's just a control freak.
A thought.. just to be evil because I can be when I want to.
that is IF you like the new fan.. Go find an identical one at the store buy it . and then return Brian's .. thanks but no thanks.. then when he attempts to touch " your" fan you can say.. this is my fan leave it alone.. I don't come and alter stuff on your desk..
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Whens de day?

Jim - good luck with planting. Wish I had that option right now.

Clint - Thanks! When I read up on that bullet one, some of the lit was saying only for SMTs. Got me confused. Easiest way to find out is pull one at the boneyard I guess. You got cholesterol problems? I never would have guessed.

John - when isn't it hot and muggy down there?? MAW drive the SF while ya still can!

Darrell - I just noticed on your pics - your 71 has 1970 fenders! If you ever need $$$$ you could buy repops and charge some good coin for those as they look to be in excellent shape!

Kyle - I feel your pain. It's like that here a lot lately too.

Mike - your neighbors must be nuts heading to NJ for the start of hurricane and tornado season.

Scot - C'mon out and play brother!

GTG, time to head out and see the Dr. about my BP and HR. This getting old thing is for the birds.
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM

Grass cut. maters planted, pole bean planted, taters hilled up. Might need an early beer thirty.

Gotta whack sum mo weeds, I'm on a roll.

All de desire to do manual labor was bread ought my family generations ago.
Why do I have a huge garden every year?
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Captain Starfire

Sandy, glad you're feelin' good enough both to curse Brian and to enjoy Larry's cookin'! I detect thing gravitating back to normal ;-) Prayers are being answered.

Jamesbo, that work'll kill ya (just not as fast as not doin' it will).

Allan, you're right, my friend... I'm not going to tell you the last time I started it... it shivers me timbers. Let's just say that if it weren't for the Battery Tender on it, the "juice" would have dripped out the battery by now....

Chat later, Oldmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 7th, 2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old May 7th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, time to get ready for work. The dogs have eaten, I've had left over Chinese, and we're about to go out and chase some squirrels.

Allan my neighbors are from New Jersey, and have a place in a retirement village. None of their family seems able to come visit them here, so they go up there, and because it gets so stifling humid down here they can't stand it. I don't know what it is like up there in the summer, but they've done it all these years so it must agree with them. I'm gonna go visit them in a couple months.

Jamesbo pretend the weeds are whitey.

Sandy I'm glad your taster is back to normal. As much as I like to eat, I can't imagine not being able to enjoy food. Now to get the swelling and bruising down and things will be good.

Guess I'll get moving. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:28 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the complements about my son and the car. I don't do that many car shows and I was glad we went. We had a fun day together. He still won't give me the trophy, it's in his bedroom next to his bed, lol.

Allan - ok, I'll bite. Tell me what the difference is between 70 and 71 fenders?

Sandy - thanks! I hope you are feeling well today too.

Mike, Kyle - thanks!
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Darrell, the 1970 fenders had no crumple ridges. When 1971 production started there were a lot of leftover 1970 production fenders that went into the mix of many early to mid 1971 cars (depending on plant). Once they got used up, the crumple ridge fenders became standard use. It was a legislated safety issue to prevent the fender ridge from spearing straight back through and into the cabin.

Look at this pic showing the ridges along the inside horizontal ledge and compare it to your 71

Old May 8th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Salt mine mornin', gang.... Gettin' ready to snarf down my half apple fritter and iced coffee (I've made the summertime switch already).

Lotsa work today, which is good, as it makes the 10 hours fly by.

Maybe I can have a little worm preserves to top the fritter? Let's see if Clint or Jamesbo has beaten me to the keyboard.

'Twas 68 at the Plantation, so I didn't need the A/C on the way in. It hit about 73* over the water, but it was still tolerable with the Camry's vent on. Allan, "the muggies" really vary down here; spring mornings like this are actually pretty nice, even though the humidity is prolly around 75-80%. But when you get into June and all the way into mid-late fall, the 80* mornings with high humidity are pretty sticky... gotta' have the A/C even w/out ol' Sol to heat things up. So I'm enjoying this little transition while I can... and dreamin' of our next excursion to da' GA hills! But better half has to go spend a few days w/ Mom before any of that happens.

BTW, happy birthday to Don Rickles (88) and Tony Tennille (brace yourselves -> 74). My gawd. She's actually 2 years older than The Captain.

Have a great Thursday, Oldsmomates.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 8th, 2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Don Rickles was Don Rickes!!!!
Old May 8th, 2014, 04:34 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John. I had puter problems again. My puter wouldn't talk to my router. I think the NSA screwed with something last night whilst they were pokin around.

Allan, SMT? You got me on that one. Some Manual Trannys? Allan, I don't have a problem with my Cholesterol, but my wife and my Dr. sure has a problem with my cholesterol. It's been a little high for years. I changed my diet and that didn't make any difference. It just likes to push the envelope a bit. Now I have to go in and talk about sleep apnea. Yeesh, this aging thing is a PITA.

Sandy glad you can enjoy food again, just in time for grilling season. We may be headed to Millfield Oh, in a month or so. The kid has been interested in entering a national race and thats the closest one to us that is before hay season.

Well, We got the 58 vette running yesterday. Lots of blue coming from the pipes. Especially the right side. Not sure if its gonna clear up or not. We need to get it charging and set up the electric choke. I have that 82 coming back in today to get the TB's sealed up.

Rained a lot hand hailed a little last night, now they are calling for snow Sunday night into Monday

Have a Thursday all.
Old May 8th, 2014, 05:04 AM

Mawn'in all

Today, I'm gonna do nutt'in and den rest
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:24 AM

SMT?
Clint, that would be for Synchro Mesh Transmission.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Beautiful here today! Sun and already 75* outside!!!!! Sure wish it would last. Nice sleeping with windows open and its warm out when you get up!!

So its 80* in here already. 76 out in Clays area. Brian turned on the AC but I haven't heard it kick on yet... probably has it set to 78! He just asked Steve to turn off his heater. Steve said it isn't hot in his office! My God!!!!!!

When I left last night, Brian handed me an envelope and asked me to read the letter when I had time. Sooooo... I read the dammed thing. It was all about HIM! How with me having this new fan on the #2 setting instead of the #1 setting, its just as loud and distracting as my old fan, which defeats the purpose of him buying g it to cut down on the noise level because he can't concentrate! He has to stay late because he gets behind because it takes him longer to do things when he can't concentrate and on and on and on. Boy did I see RED!

So when I calmed myself down instead of firing right back with anger, I typed him back "my thoughts" as he put it. I was very nice, I bit my tongue practically off! I explained that this fan's #1setting doesn't seem to push much air out, that the #2 setting was more like my old fans #1setting. I said I stood by his chair and could feel no "residual " air from the fan over there, I explained AGAIN that I can't breathe in here with no circulating air, that ive even told my doctors about this heat and they agree its not healthy temps. I wanted to tell him to stop leaning back in his chair bullshitting for 45 minutes several times a day and maybe he should work on his time management skills and he could leave at 5:00! What an a$$! So he read my rebuttal this morning and thanked me. I told him its lime kindergarten kid stuff and I don't need it right now! I won't be controlled by him! I'm not his Stepford wife or one of his kids. So hopefully he will feel better now that he got to have his say. I agreed to keep the fan on #1 until it hits 76* in here then I will turn it up. I said we BOTH have to compromise......

Then I get this 3,000$ bill that I owe for the genetic testing because they sent it to an out of network lab! so I have calls and emails in to the genetic people this morning but haven't heard from them yet. I will appeal this. They knew which insurance I had so they should have sent it to a cigna approved lab. What a day!

I'm out of here at noon. Letting them think I'm keeping the plastic surgeon appt I had scheduled today but I actually cancelled it. I need lawn chair time and will leave early for Bellacinos!!!!! Gonna do some de-stressing!

I haven't seen the little Bluebird or the Grosbeak since the other day. Stupid blackbirds scares everything. Both the male and female Oriole were at the nectar feeder last night.

Thanks John... Keep them prayers coming! Long ways to go yet.

Clint.... don't know where Millfield OH is? Would love to meet you all.

Today is Blue's burfday. I miss him.....

Well almost time to go lol! So you all have a great day. I know I will!!
Old May 8th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Why is the rum always gone???? Johnny Depp isn't the only one asking that question.

Looks like today will finally be decent up here. Yesterday I dug out a set of headers (still NIB after 14 years) and took some pics for a member who wanted to buy them. So they're sold. Got the email last night and he's coming up to pay/pick em up next weekend. Will be nice to have some extra $$ for the project.

Got a letter from HD giving me an 18 month no interest option on purchase of 299.00 or more. Might have to take them up on that as I need to rebuild the deck. It's 14x14 and this time I think I might split it into 2 levels. Got the boy who can design it, including the sub structure, and then help with building.

Dr. Deb wasn't really much help. I think she's losing it. Apparently she didn't record the followup request on her notes and was confused as to why I was there. Might be time to start looking for a new Dr. She discontinued my beta blocker use because it wasn't working well enough I guess, plus the side effects were starting to become an issue. Now it's off to Diavan.

Jim - Good on ya! I would kill for your garden and yardwork. That's the kind of thing I love doing, next to working on the car. Something about working with your hands that makes life feel good. By de by, doin nuttin and den restin ken be poweful enahgy konsoomin.

Clint - Yup, Dan beat me to it. Glad YOU don't think you have a problem with C. I do have higher than average readings, and am at the IGT stage. Have been for the past 12 years though. You're so right about aging, but wth can you do to stop it??? Oh, sorry bout the weather, looks like you're getting the leftovers from up here...

John - You got it. Worm du jour wit some jelly on top. Hope it wiggles down nicely. I hear ya on the 'transition' temps. Seems like up here when it's around 40° in the spring, everyone considers it T shirt weather. In the fall? Different story. I guess we're luckier than you with the humidity thing though. AB is mostly dry, probably one of the things that makes our cars last a bit longer than down East. YIKES! I bermember Toni Tennille more from when she was a hottie. Who can forget Love Will Keep us Together? I still have that in vinyl from when it came out.

Sandy - It's always one thing or another huh? Ya need a private office with AC installed and BS filters at the door. Sometimes compromises are like pollytiks. Ya both say something ya don't mean and never promise ta keep.

Allan H - If you're lurking in the background? Happy BD bud! And if you're not? Still Happy BD.

Gotta go marinate de ribs I'm gonna grill later. Got lots so if ya wanna drop by, see ya at din din time.
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Friday for me already. I took tomorrow off so I can get a good start to Florida to see my Mom.

Sandy I just knew that was the ulterior motive. He pays for the fan, he can touch it. Had nothing to do with sound. When is he going to man up and tell you what he's thinking, instead of writing letters? Seems to me that didn't work the last time... You need to go all pscho on him one time and he'll leave you alone.

I heard, some time ago, that the Captain and his honey were divorcing. If that's the case then how can anyone take their music seriously anymore? Although, if there's no more love they won't be together so the words are true.

John wanted to see pictures of some of my other stuff, so here is the Big Boy. He got his name because when I first got him I had forgotten how big a Suburban felt to drive, and I said it's just like a Big Boy locomotive. So there you go.

Hope you guys have a good night and are ready for the weekend.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:36 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening All

Been under the weather for a few days Feeling better now

Wow Mike actually posted a pic Good looking Airstream there! Peel & Seal is the name of that Lowes stuff. http://www.lowes.com/pd_154032-81326-PS36_0__?storeNumber=0512&selectedLocalStoreBeanAr ray=[com.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStore Bean%4010da10da]&productId=3090099&ipTrail=173.186.73.11

Congrats on your win Darrell Gonna have to build the little man a trophy case now Ask Sandy on how LOL as she has several

Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do

Catch y'all on da flipside
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:22 PM

John, that's a good lookin' 'burban, not used to seeing them without rust like they all are around here after a few years.
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:24 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Got a ton to do before Mudder's Day Wknd and Elsie pays a visit

One thing about bills, weeds and rust is that dey don't care whether or not your up to par or not

Have a great day all
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:35 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan got the werm.

Scot glad to have you back. stick around a bit won't cha?

Mike. Do you still have the big boy? That would be ideal for hauling the trailer. A longer wheelbase than the van, and room for the dogs.

Allan, Have you tried the supplements to get your numbers in line? I'm hoping this will werk. Now I have to go find out about my sleep apnea, and see if maybe that is why I'm always so tired. It would be nice if I wasn't keeping up my bride as well.

Sandy its a jaunt from Twinsburg. Millfield is in the S.e. part of the state near Athens. S.E. of Columbus. It'll be a quick trip I'm sure. We'll probably show up on Friday some time, Race on Saturday then head out on Sunday Morning.

Well, the guy with the 82 dropped off the car a little after 4 for his appointment yesterday. So that gives me one more car to work on today. I better get with it.

Have a Friday all.
Old May 9th, 2014, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice but spoe to rain later

Sandy, whar's de gold?

Mike, I miss my burban terribly. Once, I was build'in a wall. Haulled 2 pallots of block, 1 pallot of cement, and a pile of sand with no problem at all.

Clint, once I was gonna go get de sleep apnea test run but I din't have any pj's so de wouldn't let me sleep in de buff.

Scot, Glad ya shook de bug, You're right 'bout weeds, bills etc. Ain't no rest fer de wearry. Maybe we should move up with Allan and jes let de snow pile up over de top of de house fer 6 months er so.

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 9th, 2014, 06:13 AM

Morning all

Happy Friday, finally some sun and some heat.

Busy today so I will catch up with you after.

Have a great CO
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all! :

Beautiful morning here. Clouds and sun, temps at 75*! My kind of weather!! Clouds are taking over though, rain later. Gonna be a spotty shower week ahead its looking like.

So we have no AC in hers today. I wondered when I pulled in and the door was propped open. They never do that! Brian had my fan set on #1 and had it oscillating in here. I put it up on 2 and stopped the movement and have it pointed right at me. Brian wore shorts today lol. Well the AC guy just got here. I hear him up on the roof.

It was up to 81 in hers when I left about 12:30 yesterday. I told Brian when he turned on the AC that I didn't hear it kick on. It hums loud when its on. (Just more noise so he can't concentrate I suppose lol ). He swore up and down that it was cooler in the men's room and out in Clays area. As I watched the temp go up in here I didn't see how that was possible. But what do I know? So Clay told me this morning that the AC wasn't working and it got really hot in here yesterday afternoon. Glad I wasn't here!

I went home yesterday and promptly bonded with my lounge chair for an hour! It was great!!!! Then I went in the garage to dust Teepo off for Bellacinos.

So Scot and Clint..... tell me..... there was coolant again on the garage floor from her overflow hose. The guys at Bellacinos said could be thermostat not opening or closing correctly? There's evidently pressure in the radiator and it has to come out. What do you think?? I changed the cap, trying cheapest first. Could it be anything other than the thermostat? Im going to be scared to drive her pretty soon. Guess I'll ask Don Sitts to look at it but I'd like to have an idea...

I hadn't been in the garage since Sunday when I parked her after going to the dust off in Parma and all was dry then. So it spewed sometime between then and Thursday. Help!!!!!!

Had a great time at Bellacinos! It was a beautiful night and so nice to be among the cars and friends again. My feet were killing me when I got home.

Well I better do something so you all have a great Friday!
Old May 9th, 2014, 08:15 AM

Rain, wind, repeat. I'm here now....that was still Thursday @ 2.22am . Sandy, sounds like your thermostat isn't opening. Jamesbo, I had that sleep apnea test done last year, I took a sleeping pill at the hospital, they didn't get any usable results as I didn't sleep long enough! (about 4 hours).
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM
CQR

Sandy, Didn't they just do a service on her? She doesn't have a overflow reservoir does she? If they topped off the radiator it's going to push some out since you can't compress a liquid.
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:16 AM

Sandy, Wait a minute. I know I'm not Clint or Scot but are you saying the coolant spilled out while Teepo was parked?
Old May 9th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Friday. Morning. Ok. Nice here.

Jim - you and Clint can come up anytime ya want. You might have a tough time adjusting to our temps though. BDB, coolant can puke out after the car is parked if the pressure in the block is high enough (engine hot enough) even after the car has been parked for a bit. I have the OEM rad overflow from back in de day because that was happening a lot.

Clint - No, I don't take supplements, unless you call brews supplemental? Get that sleep apnea checked - it's nothing to fool around with. Naw, Scot got de wurm. Dan wuz jes up late....

Scot - Didn't realize you were down and out with a bug. Glad you're ok and on the mend now. Grilled enuff ribs yesterday the cast of Spartacus wouln't have starved. Guess it's gonna be leftovers today. Bills and weeds? Wutchu tokkin bout Willis? Dats whut flame throwers are for.

Kyle - take advantage of the good days while you can.
Old May 9th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo... yep. That's what I'm saying. Parked her Sunday and all was good. Didn't run her at all until last evening. When I went into the garage, coolant was on the floor, the 'tray' part at the bottom of where the overflow hose hangs down had coolant on it. I had to wipe all along there.

Clint.... that's what Larry thought too, that they overfilled her. Well when she spewed coolant in the driveway the first time when I brought her from the back garage to the house garage, the level went down and I didn't add any more coolant. I just changed the cap. I took the cap off yesterday and looked in there and the coolant was down about 5 of those rows of hole things inside the radiator along the sides. I couldn't touch it with my finger. Normally the coolant is about 3 rows of those hole things. Blue said to keep it about there and that's usually where it stays. I rarely add coolant. Could be the thermostat?
Old May 9th, 2014, 10:49 AM

I think it's the loose nut behind de steering wheel
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Not likely a faulty T stat or you would have boiled over when you drove it last, or got a hot engine light. Likely just overfilled so the rad is setting it's range of coolant by puking out what is too much. Drive it and monitor. BTW - good description of the rad core. But don't tell Don that - just say you can see 3 of the core tubes.

You can buy repro coolant tanks from vendors that look almost exactly like the OEM ones. It will take care of this problem the same way Tincanio does. Basically it takes your cooling system to an almost no maintenance issue.
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:15 AM

Hey, It's Blue's berfday, I had ta
Old May 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yesterday....
Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Today is Blue's burfday. I miss him.....
Today......
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Hey, It's Blue's berfday, I had ta
?? Ok, which one of youse is right and which is uhh, close?
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:24 PM

I celebrated late by giv'in Sandy sum grief.
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:05 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy Birthday Blue Belated or not...

And on your behalf......

Sandy don't forgot to check the blinker fluid whilst your under dat hood

On a serious note Sandy, keep your eye on it as you stated it was 5 or so tubes down in the radiator, it shouldn't leak any more out. But if you don't already have a coolant overflow jug, one would be a great idea. If it continues to spew some out after sitting after a long ride then something isn't jiving and would need attention.
Old May 9th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Was supposed to go to Florida this afternoon but didn't quite make it. I took the dogs to the kennel anyway and I'll leave out at O'Dark thirty tomorrow morning.

Just had a big downpour. I was at the Awful house getting ready to leave and whoosh! Down it came. Gave everything a nice rinse.

The blue Suburban is still here. It needs a fuel pump. At least I think it does. It runs, poorly, but won't idle. If I mess around with it I can get it to idle, but it doesn't take long before it goes back to severely missing and coughing and bucking. Maybe this isn't the best description but it says fuel pump to me. Oddly enough, this truck pulled an Airstream for a long time. Clint I came up with the name because of the Big Boy in the Fornay museum in Denver. Cool place.

Scot I'll look for that stuff next time I'm at Lowes. Hope you get over your croup pretty soon.

A little bit of site sleuthing(stalking is such an ugly word) shows us that Blue Vista was last on the site in April. And he didn't even stop in to say hi. Hm. Wonder how his dog is.

Here is another of the fleet. It's like driving my living room.