The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Captain Starfire

I dare not respond for SO MANY reasons.... ;-)
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Always room for one more

Well my day did not go as planned. Walked in the bedroom to get dressed and there was my boy laying on my bed. So I said, I'm gonna cuddle with my puppy!(he doesn't like cuddling) He jumped down, but I promptly fell asleep. The dogs woke me up at some point and I let them out, but then I went back to sleep and woke up around two. Well, that's how it goes sometimes.

I'm gonna finish mowing the yard then do some work on the trailer. No rain here, the sun is out. A little chilly maybe around 62.
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Great Scott! It's Saturday. Where has the time gone?? I know - looking for a new vehicle for Mike. Here ya go sir; I believe you need one of these how. Looks German made

Had a nice visit with one of our CO members this morning. He came to pick up some parts. Ended up chatting for the last 2 1/2 hours. Drat, I found a leak on my RF brake so now I have to revisit that.

Beautiful day outside, I should take advantage of it while it's still here. Rain in the forecast for Sun and Mon. Up here it's a long weekend. We celebrate "Victoria Day" just ahead of you celebrating 'Memorial Day'.
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:17 PM

Morning all, that sure is a nice pic Clint.

You sure do have a range of cars in your arsenal Mike. I'm sure the one Allan found would make a great addition

I don't see why that would be considered rude Jamesbo. If you don't want to go you shouldn't have to. You might get in a "I really don't want to be here mood" and come off looking ruder

Hope your packed well for your trip Sandy. How long are you going for again? The rest of your life

Time to get up and do some things around here, have a great day mates,

Adrian
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Always room for one more

Allan is that a real Schwimmwagen or a kit car? That's one thing I'd like to build, a Schwimmwagen from Kooblekar. www.kooblekar.com

Adrian I usually have some odd stuff sitting around. My neighbor told me when I said I was having trouble buying another house, sell your cars to help. There will always be more cars. I have to disagree with her. Of all the Saturns GM made, there's only one High Saturn. It's the history that makes this car. Try to find another one owner 87 Cadillac with low miles, no damage, and not been hooptied. Few and far between. Or a 68 Valiant. My Grandmother only bought one. Or a 70 Cutlass, my first car. No, there will not always be another car. My neighbor just doesn't get it.

Jamesbo perhaps you need to go, just to make sure they make it back. I'm remembering the convertible episode.

Well I got the mowing done, which was no small feat. Gonna check out the trailer while it's still light out. Oh, I can figure out its shore power, then I don't have to stop when it gets dark.

Last edited by slantflat; May 17th, 2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old May 17th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, you're bang on. That's the replica T166 Schwimmwagon . Most of the survivor ones I saw looked pretty much pooched. Cool looking kraut car huh? I especially like the pics of it with the paddles and shovels. No way any of the Germans were going to be caught up Schitt Crik wittout a paddle. I think the shovels were also standard issue to get it unstuck?? This one is supposed to be a 1943 model

I always thought the kubbelwagon was ahead of it's time. I think they made it into production for North America and sold under the VW brand as 'VW Thing'.

Adrian!! Ma man!! I'ze having a fantabulous day. Hope you turn the down under upside right today..
Old May 18th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cloudy and dark, methinks the rain we were supposed to get last night is on its way this morning. My boy is slinking around like something is upsetting him, so it's a pretty safe bet.

Hm, after looking around at that link about the German kit cars, I'm wondering if they're still in business. They haven't had an update in 4 years. Well, something is still going if the website is still there. Still cool cars.

Not much else. Heard there were people trolling the lake late last night with a spotlight looking into people's back yards. I only have weeds to offer a thief, but that's ashame our neighborhood has the reputation that it's easy to steal stuff. And dump stuff. And rip around tearing up the roads. The cops never come back here because they get lost. They wouldn't admit it so when you say something they just get mad.

Well time for the Awful house and then I don't know what. If it's gonna rain then it will be inside stuff for sure. Plenty to do. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Salute to the Sabbath!

Wowsers! I'm surprised Jim and Clint haven't been on yet.

Mike...if the kit kar isn't being made you could just start with an oversized bathtub and go from there. Sorry to hear the creeps are causing grief in your neighborhood. Set up an aircraft landing light to shine back at them. Those things must put out a couple million candle power. If the cops won't come through, feel free to launch some cherry bombs at those turds.

Gonna be another beautimus day here with small showers in the eve.

Dag nabbit! Got a rf brake line/hose leaking on the cutlass. It was fine last fall when I put it away for the winter. Hmmm, brake fluid will wreck tires too, won't it?

Enjoy your day, however you choose to do that.
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Always room for one more

Allan I used to coat my tires with brake fluid. Usually I had bald/cracked/dryrotted tires on whatever toad I was driving when I was a kid, and someone suggested brake fluid. Heck, it doesn't harm the rubber lines it goes through, and it made the tires shiny. Don't know if I'd do it now, I have money these days I just buy new tires.

Don't know where everyone else is. You're right about the creeps. Everyone knows the cops don't come back here so we're an easy target. I tried talking the homeowners association into paying for security and it just fell on deaf ears. Long past time to move out.

Got the closet in the guest room sanded and ready for paint. It tries to rain a little then it quits, then it tries to rain again and it quits. If it clears up at all I'll go work on the trailer some more after I'm done painting.
Old May 18th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Ere clean'in up in de mountains, Rain'in well actually drizzl'in

Allan, I always water one of dem wit Africa Corps insignas. Course, I wanta a Rat Patrol jeep too
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I bermemder de rat patrol too. Dey blue up lots o stuff and machIne gunned with astonishing akkurcy anything dat move whilst bouncing off boulders an jumpin sand dunes. No wunder dem jermans kudnt catch a break!
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:07 AM

Well, sliding in a little late, took the weekend off for a change. Started the day with coffee and "Chasing Classic Cars", just polished off a plate of blueberry ricotta cheese pancakes (and coffee)....yum! "The Rat Patrol" what I grew up on, among others. Nice that in the middle of war, that they are clean shaven.
Old May 18th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Had a gorgeous day today. Sun and in the 60's. Yesterday was rain on and off and in the 40's.

Shows were canceled on Saturday. Today was the GM Parma plant show. There were alot of cars there! I was #307 so..... Didn't win anything but didn't expect to. The 50/50 would have been nice. I sat with my friend Nick. He used to have that big old mafia looking Olds. He's a nice guy. My feet didn't hurt so bad today and I was happy about that. Quite a few Oldsmobiles there.

Teepo ran great. She gets soooo many compliments. Makes my heart happy. Larry stopped talking to me this morning over a comment I made about all the popcorn boxes in the cabinet, of all things! Life is too short..... so it's been quiet since I got home. Ok with me.

I filled the birdfeeders tonight but brought most of them into the breezeway along with the suet and the jelly for the Orioles, tonight. Don't know if its a coon or what, but something eats the stuff overnight. Its too expensive.

Jamesbo..... that was AllanR who got me on the 710 thingy,lol. I'll never forget that one.

So... for you southeners, what's a hoe cake???

Tina came by Friday night and brought me 8 quart jars of her canned peaches!!! I opened the jar she gave me at Christmas, last week, and practically ate the whole jar myself! I be lovin home canned peaches. I told her how good they were, so she surprised me with more. I'll be enjoying them.

Got to get my packing done for the trip this week. Boy am I looking forward to getting out of here! I have to go up to Lin's probably Tuesday night, and fill out paperwork for the housing place. Every
year...

Well I better get off here and gather stuff up for work. Have to leave 1ish tomorrow and go to Akron to see the breast surgeon lady. Hopefully I'll get back here early enough to go to the Riverfront and get a parking space. I think it's supposed to be nice tomorrow.

You all have a good night!
Old May 19th, 2014, 04:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Godd be a soogy mawn'in fer smack'in whitey

Sandy, a Hoe cake was what people werk'in in de fields used to have fer lunch [dinnner as we say] De took sum cornmeal into de fields, mixed it up with water, den de'd heat up der hoes in a fire and place a little paddy of corn meal on de hot hoe.

My mother used to call it hot water corn bread and it's really good with soups. I cook mine in a black iron skillet with oil. a.k.a Fried corn bread

Dang now I'm hungry

Rat Patrol-When dat dude removes de dust cover on de 50 cal doesn'tt that hole in de barrel look mighty small?

GTG whitey awaits

Have agreat day Olds friends
Old May 19th, 2014, 04:33 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy, Glad you had a good time at the show yesterday. Teepo sure looked good.

I never watched Rat patrol. Musta been a little before my time but not too far to be a rerun yet.

Mike, You need a big spotlight yourself. That way you can see if they run like roaches when the light hits them

We worked our butts off yesterday getting the yard back in shape. I've been trying to get quads ready, then helped the missus and kid with the yard. the Guy with the 70 vert is coming into town today. This is gonna be a busy week. My employee is off to Bermuda this week, so its just me at the shop. He won his first Sprint car race on Saturday.

Well need to get with it. Have a day all.
Old May 19th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone.

Cloudy, but supposed to have the sun come out and be 75 this afternoon. It better hurry.

Yesterday I started painting in the closet in the guest bedroom. Thought I had enough paint, got about half done on the last wall when I started getting the chunky stuff and the roller started coming apart. So I took that opportunity to get out the compound and touch up a few places I missed and I'll get more paint later.

Today my plan was to replace the fuel pump in the blue Suburban, but I don't know if it will dry out enough. Eh, it's been sitting for a year, what's another day putting it off.

Once when my Mom came to visit we drove to Savannah to have lunch at Paula Deen's. They brought around hoe cakes as a gimme and explained the history and all that. I thought they were great, my Mom didn't like them. She just adored Paula Deen I can't imagine her not liking anything from her. I hear that place has closed now, too bad it was some good food.

Sandy what is the T-count for Arizona? Imagine driving Teepo with the windows down in the hot Arizona sun.

Clint I'd like to put a lot of lights in the back yard. Try finding a black dog at night without any light in the back. If he'd only answer when I called his name.

Okay! Gonna go do something. Spent two hours at the Awful house this morning. I'm gonna check out the Suburban and if that doesn't look good then I'll do the work on the trailer I didn't get to yesterday. I swear I could be off a year and still not get caught up. Have a good one everybody, hope your week starts out well.
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:21 AM

Well, we are finally getting warmer weather around these parts, and I see that Teepo was able to get out and enjoy it a bit! Cleaned up a couple of small things in the yard yesterday, and cut the grass for the first time. Washed the dd and spent some time getting the wheels cleaned up from all of the winter crap. I missed a good show at the Gilmore, due to me getting the date wrong, I thought that it was two days ago 5/17, turns out it was the 10th, and they had 300 cars show up...dang I hate missing the first show of the season...been chomping at the bit to go to one after the sh!tty winter that we had. Mike, that may have been Paula's brothers place that closed, the one at the center of the controversy, "Bubba's".
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Hey Jamesbo, I have a question...I joined CO in around '07, and probably have more posts than indicated, would that info still be in CO somewhere? I was thinking that my date changed either when I put a new hard drive in my old computer, or more likely when i had the motherboard changed.
Old May 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik mernin' to all...

A ditto day today.... mid-80s w/ moderate humidity. Not too bad atol.

Gee, all this time I thought there was a rap (or "modern urban") component to hoe cakes... what a disappointment.... They still sound good, tho'.

And speaking of Southern cookin', yesterday when I was exercising I watched the John Besh and Chef Paul shows. For about an hour, I had serious plans to make me a fried-squash salad, rosemary beef skewers, and a lemon ice box pie. But when I turned off the TV, I somehow talked myself out of it all, and settled for a regular salad (killer, of course, with my home-made Caesar dressing) and some cabbage + sausage + new taters. Maybe not up to Besh's standards, but mytee fine nonetheless.

Whack 'em good, Jamesbo.

Clint, I remember Rat Patrol, but never really watched. There were kids in my gradeschool class that were totally smitten. But I guess the jeep flying thru the desert shootin' everything in sight wasn't my cup of tea at the time. Plus, I was too busy watching Man from UNCLE, Marcus Welby, Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters, Bewitched, and reruns of Highway Patrol. I musta' been plum outta' time...

Anybody following the Indy 500 stuff?

Y'all have a great (what's left of) moon's day, Oldsmocomrades.
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Some thoughts on how this works.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Hey Jamesbo, I have a question...I joined CO in around '07, and probably have more posts than indicated, would that info still be in CO somewhere? I was thinking that my date changed either when I put a new hard drive in my old computer, or more likely when i had the motherboard changed.
Dan, the info on your posts is tracked through the CO servers (actually the Internet Brands servers), not your own computer. You can log into the site from home, at work, from someone else's laptop or IP address, change hard drives yada yada, and that has absolutely no effect on the post count. What will change the post counts are:
1. You delete a post
2. An admin deletes one of your posts
3. Your screen name gets changed and Paul can't transfer all the accumulated history.
4. You have multiple screen names (which would be just wierd IMO) when you logon. Using a different user name will affect post count, but the server still tracks information properly.

Has any of that happened and how much error do you think there is? My post count might be higher, but I've also deleted numerous posts (that weren't necessary IMO) and some admins have deleted some in situations where the 'exchanges' got somewhat heated betwixt us members. Only reason my post count is so high right now is that in 2011 I didn't balance my personal life away from being on line. That's a long sad story for another time though.
Old May 19th, 2014, 01:06 PM

Whew. I'm glad Allan answered dat questions. Cause puter stuff is above my pay grade
Old May 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Always room for one more

Well I must have failed fuel pump in school. I can get to the fuel pump, but the directions say to look out for some rod that's gonna fall out when I take the pump out. Never heard of this rod, that's what I get for reading the directions.

I've changed two fuel pumps. One on my Oldsmobile and one on my Corvair. Oh three, the electric one on my VW Bus I had. Don't remember anything so pressing on any of them.

Anyone savvy with a big block Chevy that can extend me some knowledge? Also do I put anything on the gasket?

Man did it clear up and get nice today. Everything is muddy but at least it's pleasant out.

Dan you were right, Uncle Bubba's is closed but the other one is still open.

Summit tonight.
Old May 19th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike,

Is this what you're talking about?? I know it's an SBC, but in all honesty I've never run into this either. Maybe Clint has though. What year is your BBC? I read on some Chevy forums that pin is on both SBC and BBC
Old May 19th, 2014, 02:46 PM

Good evening everyone!

Things are going well here, just still keeping busy.

I was supposed to work on the Cutlass yesterday but got distracted by dinner. I decided to try something different. Quite a few years ago I was at a party and the host had made smoked turkey. I really enjoyed it so I finally decided to give smoking a try. I bought a little smoker box you can put in a gas grill and a bag of apple-wood wood chips. Tried something easy and did smoked chicken breasts last night. I really enjoyed them.

The Delta is out and I'm enjoying being able to drive it again. It sounds so much better than the Mustang. I think it might have something to do with the extra 2 cylinders

Finally got working on the Cutlass. Still quite a few projects that need to be finished. Ran the wiring for the aftermarket fuel gauge into the trunk but ran out of wire I'll need to get some of the proper gauge this week. The rest of the work was mostly just tightening things that were loose.

Oh... and I found part of the build sheet for my car. It was inside the back of rear seatback. So much for it being a southern car! Looks like it went to a dealership in Hagerstown MD! Unfortunately I only have the width of the first 2 rows of the option codes.

Nice collection of vehicles Mike.

Don't work too hard Clint!

Sandy, glad to hear you got to take Teepo out to a show and had a good time. I still haven't been to a single show yet this summer. Hopefully next weekend.

Have a great week everyone!
Old May 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CQR
Mornin all.

Darrell, the new VR is solid state. No big heavy windings in it. That is why it is so much lighter. Altho not OE, it is a better unit.
That is the wifes truck. She likes old cars, but doesn't really care for the AA. It's more of a sentimental thing. Her dad bought that truck in 1983 for $5.00. Her and he tore it apart and started to do a resto on it. slowly. (He and her did not have a good relationship, but this was about as good as it got) He died in '94 and the truck wasn't finished. so MIL sent it down and had got it done. She would rather have something else but at this point won't get rid of the AA due to other family members feelings etc. It's complicated. This is what she would rather have.

These are the guys who do such poor work that I'm getting their customers.(i.e. 82 crossfire, 84 crossfire, and 76 L48.)
Clint, well that explains why it feels like nothing is in there. According to my local parts supplier, there was two different Standard models, the cheap one @$22 and the more expensive one @$45. Not sure what the difference is between the two, but the local store had the cheaper one in stock. I did put it in and it seems to be working well so far. I'm either going to put my "Delco Remy" cover on it or I'm going to get a new Delco one.

That's an interesting story about the AA, maybe someone else in the family would want to take it off her hands? I like your wife's taste in cars, I'm drooling over that Mustang!

Allan - I found someone who rebuilds the VR's for $80. It's another option I'm looking into as well. The codes on mine are: 12V 1B on one side and 1119 515 on the other. Let me know if you have an NOS one that's close to mine as far as date coding goes and what you want for it.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; May 19th, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:05 PM

Allan, the only thing that changed was my computer, and about a year or so ago my email address (used to be MSN). I was posting quite a bit in late '08 forward for awhile due to the fact that I was laid off for 20 months, and I know that I was a member here at least a year before that.
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautiful day down ere

Played like a goat yesterday. Spent de entire day in de cat boxes. One fried egg after another.

GTG got 2 familes coming today
Old May 20th, 2014, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, At this point we will hang on to the AA. Not sure what we'll do in the future. I don't think there is anyone on the immediate (or close) family that wants it. Besides. She doesn't have time for a car like that. and when she does have one, she won't drive it because it may get dirty. We had that issue with her 99 35th anniversary GT.

Allan, The guy showed up to inspect his car yesterday. He brought me a real nice photocopy of the build sheet. I'll get it scanned and posted one of these day.

Mike, This guy uses a hacksaw blade to keep the rod up.

I can't remember the last pump I've done on a big block, but the small block has a bolt hole in the front of the motor that if you remove the existing bolt and install a longer bolt will hold the rod in the up position. Not sure, but I would guess that the big block is the same.

John, We watched I love Lucy, Get smart, Hogans heroes, But mostly got kicked outside to burn off some of our ADHD.

Have a Tuesday
Old May 20th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy and some rain but temps in the 60's. Hotter than Hades in here.... fan is on the #2 setting!!!!!

Quiet in here this week so far. Could be cause of the holiday. I dunno. I see we're going to finally have temps 77 -80* next week while I'm gone. Figures.

I had a nice visit with the breast surgeon yesterday. I liked her.... she talked a lot, very personable. She's kind of ditzy sounding or something lol, but I liked her. I told her to go aggressive! Now I have to have an MRI of the breasts done and blood work to check certain levels of stuff in my kidneys. Then I have to see her again. Steve won't be happy. That's all scheduled the 2nd week of June. I'll just come in late those 2 days. Have the heart doc that week too. Oh well. Not like they're all day things.

Went to the riverfeont last night! There were 382 cars packed in over there! I ended up parking down in the 'dungeon' what I call it lol. Its the lower level. Cant see your car down there but I had friends up above watching her. It was sooooo good to see my friends! Dave was really sad to hear about my cancer. Thought he was gonna cry lol. They're all sad for me. I saw Don Sitts but didnt get a chance to talk to him. Didn't win anything either. I didn't even take any pics! Just talked most of the night.

So while I was waiting for my hamburger to get done I went to the bathroom in the restaurant, and when I was washing my hands, my phone slipped out of my little car show purse and went right into the sink under the running water. I couldn't get the stupid case off of it but dried it the best I could. It still worked. When I got home I had Larry get the cover off and there was only a tiny drop of water in the battery area but I popped the battery out and left it open all night. This morning when I put the battery in, the speaker crackled and when I tried to play my music the speaker didn't work. The camera lens was all fuzzy but it seems to be ok now. Took a couple selfies to check it out lol. Now the speaker will play occasionally but it pops and crackles every time the alert tone sounds and sometimes has a high pitched squeal. I don't know if it will ever be the same again or not. I like to hook my phone up to the Bose thing Larry got me for my birthday when I'm driving Teepo and listen to my songs on my phone. I should put it in rice like I've read and see if that will help absorb any water in there. It just might be fried though. It sucks!!

So I didn't get home last night until almost 9:00. I was tired. Tonight I'm going to pack. Not taking much.... tank tops, shorts, one pair of jeans, one pair of capris, one nice blouse, bathing suit, light jacket and sandals. I am ready to go!!! Quick and easy! Don't need much. 3 more long days to go.... leaving early Friday morning!

Well you all have a good day wherever you're at lol.
Old May 20th, 2014, 09:20 AM

Sandy, put your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice and cover it, that will draw the moisture out.
Old May 20th, 2014, 09:30 AM

Sandy, put your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice and cover it, that will draw the moisture out.

X 2 with the battery out
Old May 20th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Allan, the only thing that changed was my computer, and about a year or so ago my email address (used to be MSN). I was posting quite a bit in late '08 forward for awhile due to the fact that I was laid off for 20 months, and I know that I was a member here at least a year before that.
Then all should be good. I also had to change my email address to gmail because my ISP was blocking any attempts to get emails from CO to my home email account. You certainly can PM "Omicron" (Paul) who is the site administrator and ask him to validate your concerns. In all honesty, unless it's something that will keep you awake nights, it's probably not worth worrying about??

The only thing that would bother me if I saw my post count drop to say 12, would be whether the posts had disappeared too. If they were still there, the information in them is still being shared, and that's what really matters to me more than anything else.
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:24 AM

Clint, I jes spoke to a guy in your area dat don't know you. What's de name of your shop?
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I bet it rhymes with Morrison Car Works

EDIT: I just checked his FB page and ^^^ dat's it.

Last edited by Allan R; May 20th, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Link to the Morrison Carworks FB page too. https://www.facebook.com/MorrisonCarworks
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:39 AM
CQR

I just got a messagee from him. We're gonna see if we can find what he needs. Thanks Jamesbo.
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Allan - I found someone who rebuilds the VR's for $80. It's another option I'm looking into as well. The codes on mine are: 12V 1B on one side and 1119 515 on the other. Let me know if you have an NOS one that's close to mine as far as date coding goes and what you want for it.
Darrell, the NOS unit I have is 1119507. The stamping on the regulator base is 507 12V Made in USA. I looked it up in the Olds parts manual. Group 2.500 They say it's only for 62/63 and rated at 52 amps. On line searches show the same thing for 70-72 so I don't know who to believe.
The other numbers on the box show 1 #D632 REGULATOR. Also has 0202D1 stamped on the box.

One link I found had this posted about it. Maybe Clint know something he can add about it.

OLDSMOBILE 442 VOLTAGE REGULATOR 71-70
OLDSMOBILE 98 VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-70
OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-70
OLDSMOBILE DELTA 88 CUSTOM CRUISER / CUSTOM CRUISER VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-71
OLDSMOBILE DELTA 88 SEDAN VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-70
OLDSMOBILE F85 VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-70
OLDSMOBILE VOLTAGE REGULATOR 69-62
OLDSMOBILE TORONADO VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-70
OLDSMOBILE VISTA CRUISER VOLTAGE REGULATOR 72-70
Old May 20th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work for me tonight. Been a nice day and it's supposed to be a nice night.

Thanks for the videos Clint and Allan. I was thinking the pushrod would fall out of the block. The hacksaw blade is a neat trick. I may get back to that job next weekend. The thing I hate most about working on cars is being upside down, on my back, scrunched in somewhere. Gee it's the same working on planes.

When I was in California last month we all went to the Long Beach Aquarium. My niece leaned over to pet one of the stingrays and her phone fell into the pond. New phone time but she gets a kick out of telling people why she needed a new phone. It went swimming with the fishies.

Jamesbo what does "fried egg" mean?

My boy was spooked over something today. He acted like it was thundering but the sun was out. I couldn't hear a thing. He'd get up on my bed and then jump right back down. Finally I got him to lay down next to me and he slept all afternoon. I didn't sleep much more but what's important is he felt safe and comfortable. Still don't know what his problem was.

Well it's that time. Have a good evening everyone. Time for the fun to start.
Old May 20th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - dat fried egg reference is about hitting whitey into a sand trap. Looks like a fried egg in a big flat sand area. Also called 'bump' egg. Sometimes we used to use fried egg or bump egg to describe some of the less endowed wimmen when we wuz growin up.
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Okay Allan thanks for that. Golf has some funny sayings.

Just came in with the dogs. They went outside and laid down in the grass. I said, run around and get some exercise, you're going to be stuck in your room all night. They didn't care, so we came in.

NOW off to see the wizard.

'Night everybody.