The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Spill da beans Dan. I'm curious about it now. Why would Fisher ship it to a Caddy plant when they could just mix up the paint where it was?
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:16 AM

That's not too bad a round Jamesbo, I would be happy with a 2 digit score

Hopefully one day I will be in your neck of the woods again Mike so I might just take you up on that offer

Hopefully the yard isn't too hard to fix up Allan, just watch out for any sink holes they might have made

Tink likes the beard so I grow it for her. I don't really mind either way.

Gotta get this butt into gear and off to work, have a nice warm day everyone,

Adrian
Old May 14th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Hump everyone.

Clouding up for a storm. It's supposed to rain this evening and most of the day tomorrow.

Adrian come on over. I'll give you the grand tour. Glad you guys are doing well.

Liked the fox video, but if he miscalculated just a little he'll have a concussion for sure. I think I've seen my dog do something similar when I lived up home. He was just being funny.

So Sandy would Brian have tried to manipulate the landlord if he would have been there? What ever became of his car with the overspray on it?

John I read that story, and I thought, gee they wrongfully convict the guy and then 34 years later all he gets is, I'm sorry. Well, I suppose they don't have enough money to make up for his lost years.

Darrell the garage, while indeed rather large, is full of other cars and stuff, the Corvair sits under the carport and the Fiat sits outside. Allan the Fiat is not quite 2/3 the length of the Caddy.

Jamesbo I'm hoping I don't have to go the rotisserie route with the Amphi. The floor is pretty good and most of the body, really the only major bodywork I'm gonna need to do is the quarters. It doesn't have to be upside down for that. I just gotta figure out how not to get bondo dust in the rest of the house.

Well it's time for work. First of three. I think it's going to be a long week, I don't know why. Rain won't help things. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 14th, 2014, 06:37 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another busy day where I try to shove many different tasks into too few hours. On the car front, I ordered my voltage regulator for the Cutlass today. Went and picked it up, Standard product made in China. ;( The darn thing is, it weighs next to nothing. The cover is riveted on, think I'm going to grind the rivets off and put the Delco cover on it + I'm curious to see what's actually in there. Hope the junk actually works.

Watching the Yankees beating the Mets right now. Being a Mets fan, I was happy that they beat them the last two games, hoping they pull it out tonight.

Mike - I have to ask, are you sure the 500 won't fit in the Caddy's trunk? Those trunks are huge!

Clint - That is your wife's Model A? That's awesome that she loves old cars.
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Darrell, if that VR doesn't work let me know. I have to check my inventory but I believe I have some AC Delco VRs that might be correct for your 71. 2 are NOS and the others are used. I'll check them for codes and build dates if you want.
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Cadillac had such a coarse metallic paint, the they used different spray guns, thus, with Scot's special order Caddy paint, they just took it up to the Caddy plant to have it sprayed (as Scot mentioned). I may have erroneously jumped to a conclusion here, but, this from the Camaro Research Group:
SPECIAL PAINT DESIGNATION

Special paint cars were identified with a unique paint code on the firewall cowl tag. Special paint was any non-standard Camaro color; it could be a GM color or any other color. (The Cadillac Firemist colors were the only colors not available. Since they had such a coarse metallic, the Firemist colors needed to be sprayed through a special paint gun.)
Old May 15th, 2014, 04:51 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, the new VR is solid state. No big heavy windings in it. That is why it is so much lighter. Altho not OE, it is a better unit.
That is the wifes truck. She likes old cars, but doesn't really care for the AA. It's more of a sentimental thing. Her dad bought that truck in 1983 for $5.00. Her and he tore it apart and started to do a resto on it. slowly. (He and her did not have a good relationship, but this was about as good as it got) He died in '94 and the truck wasn't finished. so MIL sent it down and had got it done. She would rather have something else but at this point won't get rid of the AA due to other family members feelings etc. It's complicated. This is what she would rather have.

These are the guys who do such poor work that I'm getting their customers.(i.e. 82 crossfire, 84 crossfire, and 76 L48.)

Mike, wouldn't it be easier to make room in the garage for the resto on the boat? Maybe not.

Allan, I'm one of those that just naturally has high C. It'll be great if Darrells magic pills work, but I eat right(mostly), exercise, and do what I should. I don't want to take statins. So if it's still around the 200 mark, then that is where my body wants it, and thats probably where its gonna stay.

John, now that you have it figgured out, you wanna come up and plub mine?

Jamesbo, Yes it's crazy, but it's what were used to. the sky sure was clear the other day. I was on a test drive and had to stop for a pic. It doesn't show the true contrast of the snow, the green, the red of the rocks and the white of the snow. Sometimes even your own backyard takes your breath away.

Have a Great day all.
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, Rained good las nite but can't figger out what it's gonna do today

Scot, Tanks fer de HVAC advice. I made 2 calls an saved about a grand

Clint, When I was a pup I got to drive a real sho nuff GT 350 fer about and hour. I was a Bear but I still have a soft spot in my heart fer how cool it was but those big GoodYear blue dots were a bitch to turn in a park'in lot It's on my want list too.

Mike, ya could bring dat Amphi to de shop in de mountains and I could practice welding. If it sinks, I guess I need more practice

Sandy, Glad ya got de temps adjusted. Now werk on his attitude

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Good saltmine Thursday, gang....

Definite nip in the air, as expected this morning; 'twas 51* at da Plantation; really welcome after all the muggy days and rain... but I sure better enjoy it while it's here .

Clint, I'm on my way.... Considering it's been 37 years since I was last in CO, I'd say I'm overdue.... I guess that stuff is a great idea, but everything's more complicated than it's marketed. The O-rings are difficult to keep in place when assembling the fittings. The tubing has to be cut 100% even, and then the hole has to be 100% concentric. I even wet up the surfaces a bit to help it along, but the O-rings had a definite tendency to slide off during assembly. It was just a bit tedious. Can't wait to see whether any of them did unseat without my knowledge... I'll find out when they're pressurized.....

Likin' the pic's, Mike. Keep 'em coming. Did you do anything to the Cutlass/442 yet? Mabye just change fluids?

Whelpt, better half leaves to see Mom on Friday, so it's a week of bachelorhood after that. Unfortunately, that bachelorhood means I have to get up around 3 a.m. tomorrow so she can be on the big bird in Kenner for the 6:00 flight. By the time I get back to Ponchatoula, I'll be too wound up to go back to sleep, so I'll just retire early Fri nite.

Y'all have a great Thor's day, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 15th, 2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone. Geez, I coulda had de werm it seems but elected to do early brekkie and catch up on the news.

Gonna head out around 8 to visit with the other retired farts. I'm already coffee'd out.

Got family coming in from the coast this weekend so I expect it will get a little nuts for a couple days. Not as bad as Scot's Sparacus cast though.

Clint...that's exactly how my situation came to be too. Wait another 12 years and if things are still the same, you'll be in my boat. I'll send you a life jacket if I'm still around.

Jim...I thought you had welding figured out. Your cave too purty to install a Mig? I remember seeing pics of it before. Perfect organization and really nice wall art.

Mike...probably minor stuff but ya gotta black out that blue overspray in the verbs wheel openings.
Old May 15th, 2014, 07:36 AM

Allan, Owning a wire welder and being a good welder are not one in de same
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Rainy and muggy here, dank. Temps in the low 60's. Supposed to get cooler as the week goes on. Figures.

I don't know if I'll make any shows on Saturday cause of rain chances, Sunday is that big show at the GM plant in Parma. I'd like to go to that one again. Last year it was hotter than hades.... I think there's like a 30% chance of rain on Sunday.

So far no coolant on the garage floor, which is good. I still worry about driving her. Bellacinos canceled tonights cruise in already.

Well so far I've only heard Brian tell one person on the pbone about how many samplez the doc took of whatever is on hos prostate. I got up and walked out to Clays area. I really don't want to hear about what goes on in anyones anus...... he loves to get the sympathy from people. Mike.... he sent that car back to the dealer like 4 times before he was satisfied with how they cleaned it. And the dealer swore up and down whatever was on it was already there when he took it to them! I thought I was ****....

I have to start packing for our trip this coming week! I am so looking forward to sun and warmth! Larry rented a car this morning
online. You know,Tucson has sun 360 days out of the year? I can't even imagine having sun for 30 days out of the year! It's no wonder people in the northeast are sicker than other places. Larry had his 6 mo. checkup Monday and tbe doc told him his vitamin D levels are low. I take a vitamin D supplement year round but I double up in the winter when its so gray. I try to be healthy but evidently it doesn't work very good lol. Larry's cholesterol is up over the 200 mark so he has to get it down, and his weight too. I won't go there.... I worry about him.

I've been trying to work out in the evenings again when I get home from work. But boy do all my muscles hurt bad when I'm doing it! Sure wish that would go away. Won't hold my breath....

I loaded pics from my camera to my laptop last night. So soon you will see some beautiful flower and bird pics on here, lol. Who wants to talk about cars all the time anyhow,lol??

Well you all have a good day!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 15th, 2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: kindle changes spelling!!!!!!!!
Old May 15th, 2014, 12:54 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All

Rain is outta 'ere

Been down at the shop all morning. I picked up a bunch of '49 - '50 Phord parts and flathead engines for a friend out of Ontario awhile back and he came to pick them up on his way to Steel In Motion (Nostalgia Drags with a flag drop and no time slips) Anyway prior to his arrival, I had time to go exchange my four year old battery out of the '35 Dodge coupe. It had been giving me fits and it had let me down a time or two. I get to wallyworld and the bozo behind the counter puts a handheld load tester on it and said it was at the low end of good, but good nonetheless. Tells me he cannot take it as a core, even though the printout stated
- battery age - 50 months
- avg life in area- 45 months
I'm like.. What??? I've never in my life heard of such a thing. A guy wants to trade a battery for a core on a new one and you won't do that? Him.. Sorry, we can't, company we deal with won't honor the core. Me... "Fine, give me my old battery and I'll trade elsewhere. And I did, went to advance auto and 5 mins later, I'm walking out with a better battery. Done

Sorry, rant over

Thanks Dan, I remember someone here telling me I was wrong on the Firemist paint. Can't remember who but, he worked there (@ Olds in Lansing) at the time and stated they would have simply mixed a batch there. Anywho I saw that article too not too long ago and said hmmm??? As a matter of fact I old Mike about the special gun needed at the swap meet. So now the million $ question is... With the new paint and regulations, can one still paint or even acquire Caddy Firemist paint anymore??

Whelp have a wondermous day Oldsmofriends
Old May 15th, 2014, 01:12 PM
CQR

Help.

1948 Plymouth special deluxe.
6V positive earth.

Customer brought it in hooked up to a 12 volt battery. who knows what else he screwed up.

Should the coil be hooked up (+) or (-) to point wire in distributor?
Old May 15th, 2014, 01:29 PM
"Car"mudgeon

http://www.1948plymouth.info/28Q29U/...php?topic=50.0
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Dan a bit more research shows Firemist to be rare even for a Caddy, since it was an extra cost option even for them

http://automotivemileposts.com/cadil...t1972cadi.html

"Of Cadillac's 22 paint colors for 1972, 17 were new, 6 were optional Firemist colors priced at $128.00"

Another resource from a Chebelle shows basically the same info you provided from the Camaro site

http://chevellestuff.net/qd/paintinfo2.htm

And on this Caddy website here is a bit of history on the Firemist paint and even a reference showing some Toro's and 98's were ordered with it. So mine is definitely not the only Olds with Caddy Firemist paint, but maybe the only A-body with it ???? Who knows?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nt-colors.html
Old May 15th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Running a tad late this evening. Nice day here. It was overcast most of the day, but when I got up for good around 4 it was sunny, if not a little cool. Forties tonight.

Allan there's a lot I need to do to the car, including the overspray. Maybe I'll clean it up good and show off at Summit come Monday. It will be my last chance for awhile.

Scot I remember talking about the Cadillac paint at the swapmeet. Funny about the battery. You probably got a better one anyway at Autozone. I've had good luck with their Duralast's.

Safe trip for the better half, John. Hope everyone that way is well.

Okay I'm outta here. Have a good night everyone.
Old May 15th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint - the 6V system the coil should have the + side to the distributor and the negative side to the ignition. This quote from a guy asking the same thing on a 1950 Chryser
Re: 6volt positive ground question?
I think I see what you do not understand. With a positive ground system, the polarity is reversed from a negative ground system. In other words, the flow of electrons goes in the other direction. To get the polarity of the coil correct, the positive side of the coil goes to the points and the negetive side goes to the ignition switch. A distributor is divided in to two different systems or levels of voltage. The points only act as a switch that puts 6 volts though the primary winding of the coil which excites the secondary winding in the coil which is the big wire that goes to the center of the distributor cap and in these older vehicles puts out 25,000 to 30,000 volts. Hence, the spark is distributed from there to the plugs. See if you are getting spark out of the coil. Pull the wire out of the center of the dist. cap and hold it 1/4th to 1/2 inch to the motor block. If you have a spark when the points are opened from a closed position, then the coil should be good. If not then it will need to be replaced as the seconary winding is most likely bad. Good Luck, Dave!
Scot - good job cleaning out all those engines bro! So, are you going with Firemist again when Louise gets her new coat? The new paints nowadays I think would be better.

Mike - I wasn't serious that you should get on that right away. I just noticed the overspray from the angle the car was sitting. Besides you still have a ton of more pressing things to do.
Old May 15th, 2014, 05:55 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, Tanks fer de HVAC advice. I made 2 calls an saved about a grand
Glad to be of service my friend. As someone once told me... " Don't make me come up there" Nah you know I am here and would be more than happy to do you right on the install.

Originally Posted by slantflat

Scot I remember talking about the Cadillac paint at the swapmeet. Funny about the battery. You probably got a better one anyway at Autozone. I've had good luck with their Duralast's.
You are probably right Mike. Yet another reason to boycott wallyworld

Originally Posted by Allan R

Scot - good job cleaning out all those engines bro! So, are you going with Firemist again when Louise gets her new coat? The new paints nowadays I think would be better.
Basically Al, I turned him (my Canadian friend) on to a local auction where a '49 - '50 Ferd Berfle hoarder passed and no one wanted to deal with his amassed collection and was auctioned off at a very little known online auction house locally. The guy lucked out tremendously on his bids and informed me if the shoebox crowd only knew about the auction, that things would've hit the roof as far as pricing goes. Luckily the secret was kept and he won several auctions cheaply I might add and I made a few trips to collect his winnings. Those winnings included several rebuildable bare flathead V8's, several NOS gauge clusters, misc wiring harnesses, two boxes of horns, taillight lenses, a NOS '50 Phord overdrive tranny, several taillight lenses and a bunch of other UN-Obtainable misc stuff of the era. Basically for what he paid for the entire shebang, he will probably re-coup on one transaction.
Old May 15th, 2014, 06:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Allan R

Scot - So, are you going with Firemist again when Louise gets her new coat? The new paints nowadays I think would be better.
Yes I plan to restore her to her original glory or better As for the new paint we are required to purchase, I am skeptical to say the least. Should I go with lacquer or ??? I can get the exact color paint for about $200 gal. with choices on acrylic enamel, acrylic urethane, and acrylic lacquer
Old May 15th, 2014, 08:26 PM

With the new paint and regulations, can one still paint or even acquire Caddy Firemist paint anymore??
They would match it with a modern paint, probably basecoat clearcoat using a spectrometer.
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:32 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Have to take the neighbors truck to work this morning for new tires and to install a trailer brake controller.

Thanks for the help. I got the Plymouth running after new points and condenser. now I need to put new headlights in it and see if he cooked the radio.

Have a Friday all.
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice cool clear mawn'in

Dang Clint, Ya sure get up early

John, Hope de Mrs. has a safe trip and ya remember to put the toilet seat down while she's outa town.

Scot, One of des days, I'm gonna suprise ya and come down there jes to see your car

Mike, FWIW, If ya keep post'in pics sum smart guy [like Allan not like me] is gonna figger out what all is in your fleet

GTG De mountains await
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Cooler this morning after all the rain and stroms. Possible twister a few Counties over in Dodge County

Plucked my first ripe mater this morning Many, many more following suit.

Jamesbo she ain't much to look at right now but you are more than welcome anytime to come on down

Thanks Dan, I am dying to get the repairs done around the back glass and have her sprayed.

Funny I can view CO on my phone, but I can't post anything Maybe I need to search for a CO app? Who knows? LOL Auto correct always messes my texts up anywho LOL

Old May 16th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy and cold again here. Temps in the 40's.

Steve is off today so that's nice. Keeps me a little busier.

Brian has already informed me that Im humming, singing, and talking to myself too much over here this morning. Hes dammed lucky I don't have the fan on! I told him I guess Im just in a good mood today. Beats the hell out of complaining....

I should have told him that Im humming when hes blowing his nose and coughing up crap so grossly, and I'm singing when hes graphically telling people on the phone all his symptoms, so I don't have to hear it so loudly over and over and over.... but being the ni e bit*h that I am I said none of that.

I did say "well just think.... week after next there won't be any fan on, no radio on, and no one in here breathing to bother you for a whole week! You'll think you died and went to heaven"!! Then I had to throw in " but I'll be baaacckkk...."! . A$$!

I told him to shut his other ear, cause earlier he said now his left ear is plugged from this sinus infection he has. He didn't appreciate my humor. I don't get it....

Sunday is looking dry now for the GM plant show. I still don't know about tomorrow. It was sooooo hot last year.

Well you all have a good Friday!!
Old May 16th, 2014, 10:00 AM

Scot, If ya wanta get rich, invent an app dat makes de phone shake when de light turns Green
Old May 16th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Fried Day. Isn't that what most peeps feel like at de end of de week???

Jim - Dey alreddy gots sumting ta wakes ya up when de lite turns. its called de horn in de car bhind ya. I no wutchu mean bout de welder. Its like cars. Duzn't mean dat enee won hoo bys a car nose de rulz uv de rode oar how ta drives it.

Scot - I think the new paints will set Louise off even nicer than the Firemist did when new. I wouldn't go with lacquer simply because it always had problems with crazing.

Clint - Glad you got the car running. We bought an old GM locomotive at work 10 years before I retired and it was a positive ground system too. 2 engines - the UP and DRIVE engines. They were self exciting, and when it was cold you needed to use the manual compression release lever. So the powers that be made room for it in the engine shed where it was warmer. It was a beast.

Mike - I'm ready for the next car pic. And no I'm not counting like Jim thinks. Doesn't matter to me how many vehicles ya got in the stable, as long as you enjoy them.

Suppose to be nicer later on today - maybe I'll head out to the market and buy some maters that you guys down south are already picking. Up here the gardens aren't even tilled for planting. Still too cold.
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

What is a "peep"?
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by sammy
What is a "peep"?

I think I've heard dis one before
Old May 16th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I think I've heard dis one before
Man, I still do not get it
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone happy Friday. It's Friday for me, too.

A peep? Like a peer? Or the marshmallow things at Easter? Is this a joke?

Well Jamesbo, I haven't outsmarted anyone, but counting my cars isn't going to work, because I'm out of pictures. I usually take some pictures when something gets washed up real nice, maybe this weekend if the rain holds off I'll get something cleaned up.

Allan that's okay, I got plenty to do on cars and everything else, and it all has to be done first. You know what that means? Nothing gets done at all. But I still run around like a chicken with my head cut off, I don't get it.

I'm telling you Sandy go off on Brian, he'll back down. Or write him a letter. He seems to like that. I really wish I was going to Arizona, too. I like it out there, and the airport has such a nice name.

Scot I think the car would look much better out cruising around.

Clint is that Plymouth one with suicide doors? We still have some tugs at work that have that flat head 6 in them.

Okay here I go. "Down that wrong road again...." Is that Crystal Gayle? No matter, hope everyone has a good evening and weekend.
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik Freya's day check-in

Hola, amigos y amiga. Better half had a safe slight into Pejorative, IL. Thanks for the safe wishes, Mike and Jim. And Jim, since we have 3 urchins prowlin' the house at all times, the cover always goes down, so we never have any arguments about where the seat belongs.

Had to get the girl to Moisant (a.k.a. Louis Armstrong) by 5 sharp; might as well have stayed up all night. I actually came back home, ate a honkin' breakfast (for the curious like Jamesbo, scrambled eggs, 2 patties of Jimmy Dean, yellow grits, cheese, and a Johnny-made biscuit with sesame seeds everywhere). Not that it was good or anything... Then I took a nice nap, woke back up with a headache, ran about 3 hours of errands (bank, Sam's, haircut [terrible value for me these days], and one other stop).

Got back home and whatd'ya' know, it was time to eat again . And here I am.

Mike, bring the Amphi next time we have a GA summit. It would look great in either Lake Burton or Lake Chatuge ... especially on TOP of the water

BTW, anybody else ever been to Boyne City, MI? It's a destination for me later this year.

'Twas 48 at the Plantation this morning; missed the record by a degree. Weather's been glorious, and not a sign of Elsie expected for almost a week.

Aunt Carmy is scheduled to move in with my brother & SIL tomorrow... truly the end of an era. We start clearing and cleaning out my parents' ol' home after that and have it on the market next month. Hard to believe there were 6 geriatrics living there after Katrina.

Glad you got a little break at work today, Sandy. I wouldn't miss somebody hockin' lugies nonstop.

We got this guy who restores GSs up in WI and he will only use the original-style laquer -- not that he's a purist or anything. Don't know his source, but I know it can still be had; but prolly not in CA or other environmentally stringent states. I actually considered it for my red one, but the guy who did it did a single-stage polyurethane that was supposed to "mimic" the original finish. But the guy who bought it from me went back with 2-stage.

Anyhoots, let me get busy before night falls.

Y'all have a great resto' TGIF, Oldsmopeeps. (Did I say "peeps"?)

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 16th, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I tink dis is gonna bug Ted a lot with all the refs we got on peeps. Ya, John sho nuff ya said peeps.

Ted: Just so you know what it means - Peeps is just internet slang for People...NOW ya get it, right?? Just takes less strokes of the keyboard. What you should do now is ask Sandy what a 710 thingy is. You know what that is right? If ya don't, she'll school ya quick enuff!!
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Thank you Allan
My 15 year old son claims the term peeps is "gangsta"
I guess I need to become more puter savy

710 thingy? Absolutely no idea!

Last edited by sammy; May 16th, 2014 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Addition
Old May 16th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ted, Ted, Ted....Get a pen and paper. Copy down 710 in large numbers. Now rotate the paper 180° ....d'ohhhh!
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:14 AM

Maqn'in all

Worm [unless clint beats me to it]

Got sum friends from de Netherlands visit'in us in de mountains. Made hoe cakes and Brunswick stew fer supper.Think de liked it

Ted, We was jes funn'in wit cha. De 710 thingy was played on Sandy by our ole friend Blue years ago

Kinda reminds me of de time a guy searched "disc break instalation"w/o any luck. Joe P. stepped in to help him out It's all in fun

John, fix'in de have de same breakfast ...............directly

Mike, Even if de Amphi won't float, ya need to bring up ere jes to pick up chicks. [ You not me of course]

GTG Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old May 17th, 2014, 04:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Cooler still here but a beautiful morn, nonetheless

Found a bit more on the subject of Caddy FM paint
Cadillac Firemist colors had courser metallic in them and required special paint guns to apply, so only the Cadillac assembly plants were specially equipped to handle those paints. The other plants could not spray it even if they wanted to without undergoing major retooling.

No Chevy's were ever assembled in the same plant as a Cadillac.
This is from another Camaro forum. My car body was definitely painted prior to assembly judging by whats under the sill plates and carpet. So I wonder if the body was painted at the same Fisher Body plant that done Caddys and would that be one of the same that done all of the Oldses from Lansing too?

Things that make you go hmmmm
Old May 17th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got home from work. Man was that a long night. We changed an engine on a 757 and it fought us every step of the way. I'm beat. Of course I am going to stay up now and go to the junkyard and then back up to the airport. The company is putting on a shindig and I want to go check it out.

Jamesbo it seems chicks don't necessarily care for an Amphicar. Unless they're over 60. Don't know why.

So John Aunt Carmy lived in your parents' house? Was this the communal house or something? Must be a big place. Hope she is comfy in her new digs.

Guess I'll get going. Hope my brain doesn't go into auto-shutdown before I get back home. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Captain Starfire

Morning, peeps.... *Ooops!* BTW, "Peeps" has been used for over 100 yrs.... way before silicon meant anything more than a chemical element, and before "gangsta'" even meant Al Capone, much less a '95 Impala w/ 22" wheels

A nice 59* here dis mawnin'.... should get my hiney out and do a little landscaping, but prolly won't. Jamesbo put the bug in my ear 'bout nudder big breakfast.

Thought sure I'd have a pic or two of the yard pigs this morning; looked out and saw a few of their holes, and the corn was gone (right in front of the camera). Camera took 30 pics over last 2 weeks.... not a pig in a single shot. Now I think I have Tangipahoa Parish ghost pigs....

Beautiful landscape, Clint. Thanks for sharing.

Mike, thanks. The 3 aunts and 1 uncle (formerly living together) were flooded in Katrina and moved in w/ my parents, since the Metairie home did not flood. These siblings of my Mom had been renting in Mid City and the landlord had no immediate plans for restoration. Parents' house was not really big enough, but any port in a storm (or after a storm). They were able to pool resources and keep an eye on each other, so it worked out well while it lasted. Plus, that meant there was only one place my brothers & I had to keep track of! Hard to believe it was almost 9 years ago.

Boy, sure didn't have a shot at da' worm this morning. You weekenders got a lot goin' on. Jamesbo, glad the Netherlanders liked yer cookin. Trying to figger out if "hoe cakes" are perhaps some urban deriviative of hot cakes?

Whelpt, let me go wake up Aunt Jemima so she can make me some hoe cakes.... Y'all have a fab weekend, Oldsmopeeps.

BTW, maybe UFOs are eating the corn and making the holes in my yard:

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 17th, 2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:10 AM

Dear Miss Manners,

If you have outa town quest and your wife wants to take a boat ride, am I being rude to say, "Y'all go without me."

p.s It's raining