The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2014, 04:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Cloudy wit a chance of showers

Yep, I'm paying Murphy Brown's painter by de job not de hour. He'd be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds

Gonna take a few [low cal] squash caseroles to de big city today to sum elderly friends.

Mike, I'm witcha. I like de car but don't want de headaches.

Sandy,sorry de weather is damping your car shows.

Welp Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:53 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Have a safe trip to the city. Congrats on the half game.

Mike I hear you. I like the way the northstars perform, but dang what an unreliable pos they are. and leaky too. This one still has the 4.5 litre and is low mileage enough that it should still be ok for a while.

Allan, I'd be happy with $84 per car across the board. Then I wouldn't mind having something a little newer. Plates for my 13 year old toyhauler trailer are $130 a year. And thats as low as they are gonna go. I think I have an ant infestation in the trailer too. I've baited it up but I don't know how much damage they've done. It's prolly time to start looking for a replacement.

Sandy, It sounds like Tincanio needs a better stereo system.

Here is the actual car. Sorry It still needs cleaned up.

Attachment 163800
Attachment 163801
Attachment 163802

Have a day all.
Old June 27th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey John, it's Freyas day! Did you get to sleep in now that the salt mine isn't your worry anymore?

Cut/paste beautiful day shaping up. T storms later tonight. Lately I've been able to sleep through them. Heat makes me tired.

Clint - I had a digital dash in my 98 and it was a PITA with washout in the sun. Honestly can't say I like the design of that one either. Saw on the news that Colorados new pot laws the number of DUI's has doubled. Conin O'Brien to a couple stand up jokes about it. Funny but sad too.

Mike - guess what we got today? THE Antonov 225 monster hauler! That sucker is 2X as long as a 737, has a zillion tires and 6 engines. Amazing piece of aircraft engineering. Re the neighbors? I won't lower myself to thei level. I will however bug the crap out of the landlord by calling bylaw for the unkept yard, parking issues or not clearing snow in the winter. Up here the landlord gets the tickets, not the tenants.

Jim - if I lived closer I'd offer my help on the fence and we'd be done in time for both of us to whack whitey. I doubt I could match you because I don't play that often. I'm a leftie so I get an automatic do over when I need one..

Scot - hey brother, whatcha up to? Miss seeing you here.

Paul - finally the freeze is off here. Makes the heat unbearable though. Still havE winter ice radials on the wife's car, it's only gone 280km in the last 3 months so I might not change them this year. I got a quote for those new all weather tires (severe winter rated too) with a 100k tread warranty. Close to a grand. I don't think ill spring on that.

Well, time for a cuppa coffee.

Last edited by Allan R; June 27th, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old June 27th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

Sunny and less humid here today but over the weekend its supposed to return and go into next week. Long as the rain holds off tomorrow until after the Pops show.... Sunday ain't looking good.

Slow and boring in here today. Clay is off so its quiet. Brian leaves tonight for Florida! 2 whole weeks without his complaining!!! My fan can be on 2!! Larry bought me one of those bladeless fans. I'm going to bring it in and see how noisy it is while Brian is gone. I'm sure he'll find something wrong with it even if its quiet. He'll feel 'Residuial air 'on him or something. There will be something wrong with it. He got his Flex back at lunch time. Again. They supposedly put some new ends on some wires or something this time and its started every time.

Steve just turned on his heater! Again!!!!! I can't believe it. He had it on all morning. Id like to put a thermometer in his office and see what the temp is......

Nicole went and got her new plates for her car yesterday. $80.00!! Don't know why they were so much. They sure aren't using any plate money on these roads, that's for sure.

So. The Cleveland Clinic. My God what a place! I was intimidated by the place lol. So many buildings! Larry dropped me off at my building and went to find a place to park. I told him I'd be on the 6th floor. He found me. Had a nice visit with Dr. DJohan, the plastic surgeon. Very nice man. Does 150 of these DIEP flap reconstruction's a year. He said he was doing 3 a day but cut it back to 2 because of the microsurgery involved. I can't imagine staring into a microscope 12 hrs a day twice a day. He was explaining that these blood vessels he'll be digging out of the muscle in my abdominal tissue and reattaching up top are about the size of a hair strand! He said how easily they can be damaged and such cause they're so thin and little. He explained a lot of things. Which I liked. He drew pictures too which helped. I really liked him. Better then the Akron guy.

Then he called and got me in to see the head breast surgeon guy. Just had to wait some, which I didn't mind doing. Easier than having to come back! This guy, I didn't like as much. He was kind of arrogant, but he's the head of the breast center so I guess he knows his stuff and can be arrogant lol. They took more pics and all that. They kept asking if I had a wire put in where the tumor was. I said no. No one ever mentioned doing that. I guess they do that to mark the exact spot where the tumor was. Makes sense. Anyhow he scared me talking about the rest of the lymph nodes under my arm! I told him I thought that's why they inject the dye now before surgery. To light up the nodes that have cancer and they know to remove those ones. Guess I was wrong. He said it's a 'gray area'. So he wants me to have a mammogram on July 22nd, then see a radiation oncologist, then see him again. He said he doesn't think radiation will be necessary, but he wants this guys opinion and wants it in writing. He said he'd rather know before all this surgery is done then for me to have to have radiation on the new boob. Makes sense. I had to sign all sorts of papers for them to get my films and pathology from Robinson. My head was spinning! I felt just like it was beginning all over again. Information overload.

I told both docs that Akron has already gotten approval from Cigna and that I already have a surgery date for Oct. I asked if they would have trouble getting approval from Cigna and they said I have a right to change my mind and go with the 2nd opinion if I want. I told them that Akrons prices are going to be much cheaper than the Clinics and Cigna might not want to pay the higher price.

So Dr DJohan is having his girls contact Cigna. He can't schedule me until he gets the ok from them. He said he knows he's scheduling in August right now. That would be perfect.

I really wish I'd have went there from the beginning. I knew I would.

So we finally got out of there at 4:35, right in to the traffic. There was construction on E. 100th street where we were. Inched our way on to I 77 and inched our way to I 480. The traffic!!!!! Good God! It was just horrible. And Larry with no patience.... wasn't pleasant. I hadn't ate since 8:20 yesterday morning, so I was starved. We got back in to Twinsburg at 6:00 and went to Paninis and ate. So there went Bellacinos. It was 7ish when we got home and a little late to be going over there.

I think I'll feel better going with the Cleveland clinic docs. I have to check with Cigna and make sure this new mammogram will be paid for and all that stuff. You're only allowed one a year. They might not think this one is 'medically necessary '. Kind of like the MRI, who knows. I don't want any bills again....

The whole thing is depressing. I'm tired of being in pain this year. But hopefully this will be the last of it. I swear I'm on the brink of a nervous breakdown.... my mind can only think and feel so much.

Well I guess I better go check Clays email. You all have a great evening!
Old June 27th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day here, and we didn't get our daily afternoon rain shower. For awhile I was beginning to think I lived in Florida.

Clint that's a nice looking car, but I like the one next to it better. I thought that guy had come and gone already. I'm not a big fan of the Northstar, either.

Allan that's an awesome airplane. I think it has 20 main tires. What a cool house that would make. Where did it come in?

Sandy why would Cigna have any trouble approving the second doctor if they already approved the first one? Who knows why insurance companies do anything.

Work tonight. Hard telling what I'm in for. Starting Monday, I'm off Mondays so I can go to Summit cruise ins. For a month but heck it's better than nothing.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old June 27th, 2014, 03:55 PM
GM Enthusiast

Greetings from Colorado Springs! Been here since yesterday. Had to leave my house by 3:15am to catch my flight. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep and went to bed early last night. We are here celebrating 30 years of the Riviera Owners Association, right where the club was first formed.

Today was our car show, had around 70 rivieras and 5 Toronados in attendance with over 200 members from the Riviera and Toronado Owners Associations. Lots of nice cars, will post the pics in another thread when I get home Sunday.

Tonight I am officially becoming a member of the board of directors for our club. Truly an honor to represent the organization for the next 3 years.

Clint- hope to meet you tomorrow. That's a nice looking Allante, if I know of anyone who is interested here at our meet, I will let you know. BTW, our registrations here are every two years and cost about $150, depending on the weight.

Sandy - I'm sorry to hear about this ordeal you continue to go through. But at least you are at a good place. Unfortunately, many of those doctors develop a really large head when they work at those places so I'm not surprised by the attitude.

Well, got to get ready for our banquet dinner. Talk to y'all later.
Old June 27th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, it came in at just before 08:00 this morning at Edmonton Intl Airport (YEG). It was chartered to deliver a Waste Heat Boiler, used to produce nitrogen fertilizer, to Agrium Redwater Fertilizer Operations facility northeast of Edmonton.

Don't know if this will work, it's a partial news link to it coming in today.

Anotonov 225 arrives at Edmonton
Old June 28th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Captain Starfire

No rest for the weary (chomp, chomp, yum)

Mornin', boys and girl, and happy Saturn's day....

Cut & paste weather in SELA... more rain this afternoon. Now I know I'll not be able to mow before heading for the hills next week, so it's going to look like the Amazon rainforest here when we return. The little Deere and I will definitely have our work cut out for us. The snakes and other varmints will have a field day... almost literally.

Allan, that's an incredible plane... thanks for posting. Believe it or not, I actually went in to work yesterday to tie up some loose ends I left dangling Thursday. I have one more little project to finish up before heading for the hills and that'll be it for now. Gonna' try and finish today, but also have painting on the S. Shore and taking Aunt Carmy to Mass and out to dinner tonite on the itinerary. So the work project will be the first thing to prolly fall off the agenda today. But it's something I'm doing on my own time just 'cause I want to finish on a good note.

Sandy, sure sorry to hear all that crap you're continuing to have to deal with. I know you know it could be worse; thank God you do have those medical resources at your disposal (more or less ). You continue to be in my prayers and thoughts.

Darrell, I'm in love again.... caught the new episode of Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" last night and the car du jour was an over-restored (just the way I like 'em) '65 Burgundy Mist Riv. It took my breath away.... I'm smitten. But Ol' Jerry should've mentioned -- for all the Buick-uninitiated -- that the "445" engine identifier signified the torque rating rather than the CID (401). Enjoy the trip, tho', Darrell, and we definitely expect to see a few pic's of you and Clint (as a minimum) posted up here soon...

Mike, do you remember the Seinfeld episode that George Wallace made a guest appearance in? As soon as I saw his face, I have to say, I remembered... being the Seinfeld junkie that I am.

Clint, sure looks like a sweet ride... Hope you can uninfest that trailer! I hate when that happens.

Whelpt, y'all get ready, as I'm gonna' take a 2-week Internet vacation... seriously. I've resolved to get off the Web completely (including e-mail) while in GA. I'll try to poke my head in here tomorrow, then go M.I.A. until we return. I'll let y'all know how it was... but I'm not waiting on any work-related things, or job offers... so now's the time to do it. I feel it should be quite liberating... although of course I'll certainly miss hearing what my Oldsmofriends are up to ... and miss as well sharing the excruciating minutiae (Elaine's words) of my everyday existence with you guys.

Y'all have a great one, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 28th, 2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old June 28th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Might as well weigh in before I hit the sack.

Got home at 7 this morning and when I let the dogs out of their room my boy was yelping and crying and hopping on three legs. Don't have a clue what he did, or when. He calmed down a little and we went outside, I of course had to carry him which he doesn't like. I took him to the vet and she didn't find much wrong, but gave us some pain killers he's not fond of, either. Gonna be a short sleeping day today.

John I know who George Wallace is but I can't remember what he did on Seinfeld. I must be slipping. Give me a little hint. Or are you talking about the Governor. You gonna call me when your up in the mountains?

Allan that's one cool plane. I was on an Anotonov once but it must have been a different model because I didn't remember it being a twin tail. It just floats along.

Darrell enjoy Colorado. I love it out there and don't go near enough. That's exciting you're going to be on the board of the Riv club.

Okay I can hardly keep my eyes open. Hope everyone has a fun Saturday, see you a little later on.
Old June 28th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning or afternoon, whatever comes first I guess.

John - if you really do follow through and take a electronics free holiday? The first couple days seem a little strange, then you sart filling in your days with all the things life's been missing. You'll find out.. At least that was my experience. As others here and there have councelled me, (and I appreciated) life is a balance that needs to work for you. Enjoy your vacation, see you when ya get back. I'll have to carry the name days whilst yer away. BTW, my wife's Saturn got all excited when I said its Saturn day!

Mike - Sorry to hear about your boy. Must be awkward knowing something's wrong but not what. You'll have to teach them to talk there are several Antonovs, this one is the biggest. I wanted to watch it take off this morning, but the news helicopter got grounded due to heavy rain. Saw it taxi to the runway, but then it was holding for about 10 minutes. Would have been just awesome to see the throttles cracked on that horse.

Darrell - Enjoy the Riviera show and your induction. Congratulations on that! I think it's very fitting to have a club that recognizes it's sibling cars. Great concept - Riv & Toro. IIRC OPGI?? Now is making repro parts for the Rivs?could be wrong on that, but thought I saw it on a muscle car show last year. You know we'll be expecting a link to a photo cloud when the show is done. Safe travels on the way home.

Clint/Darrell - I hope you guys do get together. Clint, you can show off Britt. Darrell? You and Clint go have a brew on me. Wish I was there with you guys, sounds like it's gonna be a swell time!

Time to go solve some more of life's mysteries.
Old June 28th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Always room for one more

Boy did we get rain this afternoon. And for a good couple hours. I think I got a whopping three hours sleep before my girl started jumping up on the bed and getting right back down again, repeatedly.

My boy seems to be doing okay. He just doesn't move. He was unusually calm today during the rain. He picks a spot and just stays. He was in my bedroom this evening and I fixed their supper and took it in to him and he ate laying down. That was eerie because my other GSD had to do that towards the end because he couldn't stand up. I finally got some medicine in him so I hope he does okay while I'm at work tonight.

Allan did the plane deadhead back to the Ukraine? That's a lot of gas, I hope they got their money out of the boiler.

Okay late getting ready for work. Gotta somehow coax the pup into going outside before I leave. Have a good evening everyone.
Old June 28th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, I'm pretty sure that was built into the cost of use. No idea whether it went back light or not. You're right though, it sucks fuel.
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, boys & girl....

Just a quick "adios" before the little vacation....

Sounds like good advice, Allan. I believe you're right.... Good luck with the days, & glad the Saturn got a little charge seein' its namesake on the Web.

Mike, I'll give you a holler... maybe we could coordinate sumpin'... ?
Hope the boy continues to improve. Maybe it's time for a vet....
As far as George W. (not the dead politician), he was the doctor working on Elaine's boyfriend (the Farbman furniture connoisseur) at the end of "The Checks" who was hypnotized when Witchy Woman started to play .

Hope everybody has a great 4th of JOO-lie. I'm looking forward to it myself I'll check back in in a coupley weeks.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 29th, 2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old June 29th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Suns day? I dunno bout dat. In an ironical twist of fate it's Not nice here today, the rain and cloud Gods are doing their best to be nasty. Elsie has arrived as I type.

Safe travels John! Something else I'll share witcha. Now that you're not regulated by the grind of de mine it will still take a bit of time to isolate some of those work habits. This is a great time to stop and smell the roses so to speak. My first weeks of retirement I would go out early in the mawnin and have a steamin cuppa coffe on de deck, accompanied by de guard cat. Amazing how nice that was to watch the birds, enjoy the breeze and ignore the fact that it was rush hour. I don't think I'll be grillin werm fer snacks though. Hmmm, looks like most everyone slept in today.
Old June 29th, 2014, 11:34 AM

Afternoon

Went up to de mountains and lost DSL. Now, I'm back to located a grave fer opening in de mawn'in.

Funny, If I need to sell sum'in all I gotta do is go outa town and de phone starts ring'in
Old June 29th, 2014, 01:42 PM

Was supposed to rain today (70%), been sunny all day, went for a bike ride, and will go out and spray some liquid wrench on the trailing arm bolts on the '69's rear, as I am thinking about dropping it, and giving it a cleaning and paint. I'll have to get some scotch brite discs for the grinder polisher.
Old June 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. It's Friday.

Bright sunshine out but we have some thunder that is lingering from a bit of a storm we had earlier today. Actually I don't think we even got rain out of it.

Hope John has a safe trip up this way. That's a long drive. Of course when you're retired who cares. Like giving a homeless guy a watch.

Allan I'm sure the return trip is built into the cost. Can you imagine just chartering that monster for a day? It probably costs my yearly salary just to crank up the engines.

My boy seems to be doing okay today. He had a bit of a cry when I let them out of their room this morning, but them spilling out into the hallway is like trying to get a four foot board through a three foot opening. He hasn't limped today but I can't decide if he's favoring his right back foot a little, or if I'm imagining it. If I found a lamp and a genie popped out of it, my only wish would be to be able to communicate with my dogs better.

Loads planned for my weekend, wonder if I'll have enough time to get to it all. Actually, I wonder how focused I'll be to get any of it done. Looks like rain for Monday night so my first night back to Summit could be in jeopardy.

Okay see you all. Hope everyone's week starts out on a high note.
Old June 29th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

So miserably humid here. Temp was 91 earlier today and the humidity has to be about a gizillion percent! Had sun/clouds most of the day, then a thunder boomer came through 6ish. Just got yuckier outside.

I didn't go to the show over in Cuyahoga Falls today. I just can't breathe this moisture. Step outside and you're instantly wet. It sucks. Yesterday it was 92* and humid. I did go to Summit for the Pops show. Had a heck of a time cleaning the car. Sweat just pouring out from under my ball cap, and I got so short of breath. Went and sat with my friend Nick under the trees. I didn't win anything, which surprised me. Pops likes my car. Maybe the girl judging with him didn't. Don't know. I won last year. Oh well. That's just the kind of year it is!

I stayed in the house today and cleaned. The AC is running constantly, it seems like. Larry said the vent box in the attic is leaking - he could feel the cold air coming out of it when he was up there running all his camera lines. So we're cooling the hot attic, I guess. He got some sealant stuff to put around the seams when it gets cool enough up there that he can go back up. I'm beginning to feel like a prisoner.... stuck in the house all winter. Stuck in the house all summer. God I want Arizona.

Larry got me a blade less fan. I plugged it in here today, and its way louder than the other fan, so I won't be able to use it at work. Brian would really have a fit! These next 2 weeks without him are going to go so fast. Fastest ones of the year! I'm sure gonna enjoy them though!

Guess Jon is in town, so I haven't seen Nicole since Friday night. Her birthday is coming up on the 5th, and I still don't know what her plans are. Hard to believe June is over already.

Mike... hope your boy is ok. Dude got 2 shots Friday so he's been sleeping a lot. Poor old man.

John... enjoy your trip!

Darrell... congrats.

Jamesbo.... My bean plants have lots of beans on them! That's about the only thing thats gone right so far this year! Now that I said that, the slugs will eat the plants or something.

Larry watched the little princess yesterday. She spent the night. At least she spoke to me this time.

Well I better get off here. Have a good evening all.
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:18 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike glad the pup is on the mend.

Sandy, Hope it drys up for ya. Enjoy the peace at work.

John Have a good trip.

Allan, It was a good time. The missus and I went down and met Darrell and had some great BBQ in the springs. The Traffic was awful going down and not great coming back, but there were a few times going with the flow ol Brit was pushing 90.

Darrell, Hope your flight home was good. Here is the PPIHC.

Here's one thats a little newer. Altho the entire road now is paved.
Old June 30th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday to us all.

Work started out okay, then the plane turned into a big POS and we stayed until turnover. Besides us, the last people to leave left around 5.

Clint and Darrell I'm glad you guys had a good time. Clint I think the speed limit should be 90 everywhere. Except in front of my house.

Well you guys won't believe this but I'm "babysitting" two little puppies. I got off the expressway this morning and here are frick and frack wandering aimlessly in traffic. I was pulled over and had the hatch on the Saturn up before I even knew what I was doing. They would have been smooshed for sure. They came right to me and home we came. They are now in refuge in the neighbor's back yard. Of course my first responsibility is to my own dogs. In a few minutes I'm going to take the young ones to the vet and see if they by chance have chips. They can't be more than a couple months old. But they can sure howl. The one had part of a seatbelt tied around his neck. Not tight, and I don't know if he chewed his way through it but his companion didn't have anything around her neck. It tries my sense of humanity when I see something like this. One guy in a truck went past as I was getting out of the car and turned around to tell me I'm awesome. Nope. Just like puppies. Anyone here want one or both cute little puppies? I'm not keeping them. But they are out of harm's way.

Sandy I did some work at the Longhorn's in Cuyahoga Falls a few years ago. Put some new kitchen equipment in. Went to eat at Pizza Hut and I asked if they'd cut our pizza Chicago style and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Okay gotta take these pups to see what's up. Have a good day everyone and enjoy the week.
Old June 30th, 2014, 05:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Mike, You're a good man

GTG Funeral den go smack whitey

Have a great week olds friends
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Luna day to everyone. Gotta keep it going for John!

Not a good day yesterday. Graeme and I were out driving. A truck coming toward us lost part of its load just before it passed us and the wind carried it right onto thr front and side of my Sonata. The other driver has been charged with several violations including not securing his load. Conservative damage estimate on the Sonata is around 5,0000.00 have to go back to the police station this morning and drop off the statements from Graeme and me. Sonata is not legal to drive now so I need the insurance company to start the claim so I can get a loaner car and then get to the body shop. Graeme handled himself well, but it's unnerved him a bit. I told him that's normal, but we were the victims in this case.

Gonna be one of those days I think.

Jim - Whitey told me you look,up,too quick.

Mike - that was a very nice deed you did. Hope someone responsible comes forward.

Clint - Not sure I'd want to push my car that fast especially with those 3.42s now.

Time to get going now.
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Administrator

It's been a while since I read this thread. Sandy, omg you've been through a lot. I am so sorry for not catching up earlier. I am also glad that everything is working out for the best, outside of the run arounds. It's sometimes too bad the human body can't be repaired like a car, keeping you in my prayers.
Old June 30th, 2014, 08:42 AM

Allan, good to hear that neither you nor your son were injured during that incident. My buddy's wife had a '12 Elantra, and a couple of weeks ago, an elderly person had a medical issue while driving, went through an intersection, clipped a car, jumped a curb, went across a grassy area, into the parking lot where his wife's car was parked (at work), plowed into her car and pushed into the car parked next to it...totaled! He stopped by here on Saturday with the replacement, a '14 Sonata Hybrid, a nice car, he has been getting 40+ mpg in all around driving.
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:04 AM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone. I enjoyed Colorado for the 3 days I was there. The Riv show was great on Friday, and I spent Saturday sightseeing. I went to the "Garden of the Gods", and drove through the whole park. Absolutely stunning. Then was able to meet up with Clint and his lovely wife for lunch at Rudy's barb-e-que. Food was good, company was even better. Glad we were able to get together. After that, I went to the US Olympic Training Center. Tours were already closed but could still look around and visit the gift shop. Was going to buy some t-shirts to bring home but the quality was really crappy and nothing was cheap. That's ok since I got everyone Riviera show t-shirts.

Mike - that was really good of you to pull over and save those dogs. Hopefully you will be able to find their owner. Would love a puppy, but I have a sick 13 year old dog right now to deal with. Don't think he'd be happy splitting attention time with another dog.

Allan - glad you're ok and that the only thing damaged was the car. Hopefully they can get you a loaner and fix it for you soon. Glad it wasn't your Cutlass.

Jamesbo - sorry to hear about the funeral, my condolences.

Only got one picture of Clint and myself, and I my eyes were closed for the shot. Oh well, here it is anyway:
Old June 30th, 2014, 09:14 AM
GM Enthusiast

Here's some car pics from the meet:

65 Riv
Attachment 163749

67 Riv
Attachment 163750

98 Riv - my friend Chip, driven from Ohio
Attachment 163751

78 Toro with 1,300 orig miles
Attachment 163752

65 Riv - outstanding custom w/ shaved door handles, 18" polished wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes and absolutely flawless black paint driven from Washington State.
Attachment 163753
Old June 30th, 2014, 08:56 PM

A fine pair of Gents, Darrell, I always think that you are older, I think that it might be due to your avatar pic of a gray haired Leslie Neilson. Rivs, are sweet cars, there a few of them that I wouldn't mine owning.
Old July 1st, 2014, 04:25 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, I had always pictured Darrell a bit more mature in my mind as well.

Darrell That 67 is beautiful. My neighbor across the street when growing up had one in the driveway that never moved that I could stare at out my window.(and the headlight doors never opened from sitting.)

Allan That sure sucks about the Hyundai. Glad it kept you 2 safe. 90 is a breeze for ol Brit. She's just getting warmed up, and that balance issue in the rf goes away above 80 We were splitting the breeeze and over a hill saw that traffic was slowed to a crawl. It was then I remembered why manufacturers went to disc brakes. We got her stopped in plenty of time, but the initial feeling of starting to slow-then hard pedal-then slowing a little slower than expected is a bit unnerving.

Mike glad to hear you were able to get the pups off the road safely.

Spose to be much cooler today. only in the mid 70's. then a quick return into the mid 90's the rest of the week.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old July 1st, 2014, 04:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice today but got de golf game rained out after 2 holes yesterday. I think I got shed of Murphy Brown's painter, I lent him sum cash. Dat usually makes folks disapear

Nice looking pics. I bet I've got a least 3 pairs of boots older than both of you.

Allan, I Never look up when I play golf. Even when I put, I jes keep my head down and listen fer de ball to drop in de cup. Now on de utter hand, I can hook a ball better than anyone I know. Sum one smarter dan me once said " Ya can talk to a sliced but ya can't talk to a hook"

Sandy, Glad cha made another show, Whar's de gold?

Mike, What do your 2 dogs think of de pups? BTW de Super model werks at a now kill shelter outside Cleveland Smithgall woods.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 1st, 2014, 11:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Tiu's day to everyone. Up here in the frozen wastelant (Ok, except for those parts that aren't part of that diorama) it's CANADA DAY! That's the same kind of celebration you folks will be celebrating on July 4 as INDEPENDENCE DAY when y'all broke away. So far it's a quiet day. Have to put up my new flag though. Very gentle breeze and beautiful blue sky. Supposed to be warm but threats of boomers later.

Jim - yeah, I hear ya. For de love of God, I can't hit a driver off the tee. I use either a 3 or 5 wood and for some strange reason I get the same distance as those guys that use oversize 1 woods. Drives them nuts when they look at my dinky lil 3 wood Lynx jobbie. I've had these clubs so long it would embarrass most golfers. Don't ask how, but I've got the drive down the middle of de fairway pretty straight. Managed to rid myself of de dreaded hook an slice. Oh, I is a lefty too.

Clint - Great pic of you, Darrell and Brit. Soooooo, what part about him being 'more mature' were you suggesting? Ahhh, the older part no doubt.

Darrell - I was a bit surprised by how young you are too, but it's nice to see. Some of us are ol pharts that could be your Dad. Nice collection of vehicles there. I really love that 78 Toro for some reason. I know it only has a 403, but I always liked that body style (71-77). Almost bought a 77 in 78 but honestly I think the 403 is underpowered for that car.

Dan - Sorry to hear about the friends Elantra. I like the body sculpting of that design - very similar to the new Sonata models. I looked at that 2014 Sonata Hybrid earlier this year in the showroom. I believe they call it "blue technology". I'd be really curious to see how they perform. I know they're rated really well for economy and performance, but they're also really pricy up here too. So far the one quote on my car is 4795.38 and that's if there's no hidden damage. Only problem is they can't take the car in till August. The next quote will be at an exclusive repair shop that can likely take it within 2 weeks. I'll know on Thursday at noon.

Sandy - I don't like humidity either. Surprised to hear the blade-less fans are so noisy.
Old July 1st, 2014, 11:39 AM

Allan,

My friend. De driver is the eaiest club in the bag to hit. Perfect lie, perfect slope[ level] and biggest head. IMHO the hardest shot to hit is a long shot from the cat box.

How's your 1 iron werk. [Mine's good fer killing snakes]
Old July 1st, 2014, 11:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Can't tell ya why, but that stupid driver has my number. Ever time I tee it up I can count on it being a slice or a whiffle. So I just don't use it. 1 Iron? I'se not dat religious. I hear only God can hit a 1 iron.

My fav clubs are 3&5 wood, 7,9,PW and SW. De putter is a useless thing that should be replaced by a pool cue. I pretty much don't use woods on the fairway. Something superstitious about them. They always seem to send whitey looking for firewood or buried treasure. Irons on de other hand? Good to go - aim and swing. Whitey goes where he's supposed to. Mebbe not as far, but in de right direction.
Old July 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM

That happens to alot of people. I agree with Mr. Jones [Bobby] the game is played wit the 6" between your ears.Well, the good news is there's no video on a score card use what ever werks fer you. IMHO a 3 wood on a tight fiarway is tuff to get it up [so to speak] with only 18 degrees of loft ya gotta hit it jes right.

There's a lady [who has legs like Hershcel Walker] that plays in front of us sometimes who regularly hit s a driver 275 from the ladies tees. I think she should be on the tips
Old July 1st, 2014, 04:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well, long as she don't have a sixpack like Herschel, she can do whatever she wants. I've seen some really good lady golfers and I always visualize myself doing better than them, but it's a pipe dream.

Yup, X2 on the mind game. Oncet you let the game take control of you, you're done. Play smart and play for fun. Anger and frustration you take to the gun range.

I don't get out enough to be a good golfer, but I'm a good golfer to play with cause I don't get vexed by much of anyting. No Mr. Shoulders up here to worry bout, although I know a guy I worked with who you'd swear was a helicopter pilot. Evry time he had a bad shot that club ended up whirrling in the air just like chopper blades. I laughed at him one time when it went in de pond. He was not laughing back.
Old July 1st, 2014, 05:46 PM

Good evening everyone.

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!

I hate having a cold in the summer. I've had one for about a week now and I am really getting annoyed. Hopefully spending all day outside will help it go away?

Today was HOT! It hit 30*C (86*F) with a humidex of 40*C (104*F).

I spent the day at a car show, where I volunteered with parking and traffic support. Luckily that means I got to sit or stand near an access point and let show cars in and not regular traffic.

They were calling for thunderstorms in the afternoon and there was even a tornado warning in effect at one point. Luckily the weather stayed nice until it was time for the awards when it got dark and it only started to rain during the 50/50 draw.

Not sure I'm going to be awake for the fireworks tonite.

Clint, the mufflers are turbo style I think.

Mike, I'm not sure how to find the build date of your Mustang. I found mine but it might have been on the window sticker since it was new.

Allan, glad to hear the freeze is finally off. Why buy all-season tires? Winter is just a month away, isn't it? The Antonov 225 landed in AB? I saw something about it landing in Canada for the first time, but didn't catch the location.

Darrell, nice pics of the Rivieras. Good luck with the exec position in the club.

Sandy, unfortunate the weather kept you from the show, but better that than being miserable all day.

Have a good rest of the week everyone.
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul - sorry to hear about the summer cold, hope it disappears quick or it'll just carry on into the winter. Yeah, your Eastern weather is hell on wheels; not like AB. It changes here in the blink of an eye.

I don't buy all season tires, they aren't good in the snow. I was looking at all WEATHER tires. They're extreme rated for snow/ice as well as other weather types. 100K treadwear guarantee too. First I need to wear out the ones on the car before I switch. They're not cheap, but then I don't have to do wheel swaps with the seasons. Check out Nokian WRG3. Canadian Tire also has some, but for the service and price I'd go with Nokian. Free flat repairs, free lifetime balancing, free lifetime rotation. With tax, it works out to around 209.00 per tire and that's not bad.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 04:45 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Runnin late. Had a town meeting last night I had to speak out against a revised nuisance ordinance they are trying to pass. Got real nasty and one of the trustee's resigned.

Have a Humper day all.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 06:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot an clear dis mawn'in

Clint, Sorry I don't do meeting or malls

Scot, Guess what? compressor #4 went TU at de lake. Carrier/Mingledorfs /Bristol are all full of $hit I can't thank you enough fer all your HVAC insights. I'm now reading service bulletins on line to stop from getting ripped off A=gain.

BTW Carrier Customer "NO Service told me yesterday that they can't speak to me after the tech has spoken with the dealer. How's dat fer a pile

GTG gird my loins fer anutter HVAC free fer all
Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Gonna do a change-up today John! It's Mittwoch day. Some of you will know what language that is.

Beautiful day shaping up, sunny and hot hot hot. Sigh, I kind of miss the cold now.

Clint - Been there done that. It's a lot like mating elephants. Lots of roaring, posturing but no results for about 2 years! Usually I found that minds were made up before the meeting even started. Frustrating as he'll.

Paul - how ya feeling today? Hope it's better. Great fireworks display last night to wrap up Canada Day. Did you put up a new flag? Got a nice new 3x6' from Princess Auto for $25.00

Jim -Sorry bout de AC issues. I was looking at York a while back but de missus wouldn't let me have AC even though she know how much heat Jess kills me. It was amazing I survived Cancun in Feb. no service centers seem to be the norm now from my experiences. Sad state of today's society.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 07:35 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy. At the library because my computer is TU. Epic post that got ate because these computers suck.

Hope everyone is good. I'll catch up at some point.