The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2024, 05:35 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
My lot has a varied selection of trees. Other than a ton of cheapie pine trees lining 3 of the 4 sides, that I believe are all my neighbors, I have: a southern magnolia, a spear magnolia, a red Japanese maple, a green Japanese maple, a summer apple tree that may be dead, a hackberry, a sweetgum, a persimmon, three oaks, two poplars, two hickories, a black walnut, and a dogwood.
That's a large variety of trees. Ample shade I assume.
Old March 24th, 2024, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
That's a large variety of trees. Ample shade I assume.
The western and northern pines, along with the oaks, hickories, gumball, and hackberry, put the whole place in the shade from 3pm in the summer on.
Old March 24th, 2024, 05:44 PM
Running On Empty

That's a beautiful time of the day to remain in shade.
Old March 24th, 2024, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris must be on the way to Norm s house. I know he loves BLTS
You're right Jim, if I could have gotten there before Norm chowed em down I'd have been all over BLT's!
Old March 24th, 2024, 05:50 PM
Running On Empty

I was recently thinking of chick bands - bands where each member has a vagina. There have been many & I've liked nearly all of them. They are all different - playing a variety of music. I have to give them credit since, IMO, most bands were dominated by members with swinging dicks. I could go on with many of these chick bands and individual female performers, but one I always thought worthy of a squirt was Susan Hoffs. Others may disagree, but when she was in her prime...oh my, heck yeah.
Old March 24th, 2024, 05:52 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
You're right Jim, if I could have gotten there before Norm chowed em down I'd have been all over BLT's!
Chris - Plenty of bacon remains. I scored on Oscar Mayer bacon at the local Pig this morning. Thick center cut 1/2 price. I bought two packages. I have a large stack all cooked up ready-to-go.
Old March 24th, 2024, 06:49 PM

Chris - Plenty of bacon remains. I scored on Oscar Mayer bacon at the local Pig this morning. Thick center cut 1/2 price. I bought two packages. I have a large stack all cooked up ready-to-go.
Wished I could have been there Norm, sounds delicious!

Although not a singer in an all female group, I always had "a thing" for Carly Simon.

Old March 24th, 2024, 07:08 PM

I like music by ugly musicians.
Old March 24th, 2024, 07:24 PM

My newest favorite all-girl band.

Last edited by Fun71; March 24th, 2024 at 07:58 PM.
Old March 24th, 2024, 08:01 PM

Old March 25th, 2024, 01:14 AM

I Love all trees [except cotton woods]We have about 50 white dogwoods planted in and around the cemetery. i planted about 75 forsythia around one border and the entrance has Carolina jasmine covering the gate I also have one Gingko and i golden rain Spring time yellows are one of my favorites' Someday mine will look as nice as these stock images

Last edited by Jamesbo; March 25th, 2024 at 01:27 AM.
Old March 25th, 2024, 01:50 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Have your Dogwoods opened, yet? If you have 50 that's spectacular. In the one picture of your trailer I saw what might be a Redbud? You have a male or female Ginkgo?
Old March 25th, 2024, 02:06 AM
Running On Empty

Tee-time @ 9:30am expected to be ~39°F - 40°F, NNE winds @ 10mph. Thankfully no rain anticipated. Playing Taberna CC course, New Bern, NC.
Old March 25th, 2024, 02:22 AM

Jim - Have your Dogwoods opened, yet? If you have 50 that's spectacular. In the one picture of your trailer I saw what might be a Redbud? You have a male or female Ginkgo?
The one [ginkgo]that doesn't make a mess. Dogwoods are close but not yet. Biggest problem is the deer tear up the dogwoods with their antlers/ Hit them where the mowers go

Last edited by Jamesbo; March 25th, 2024 at 04:31 AM.
Old March 25th, 2024, 02:32 AM
Running On Empty

The one [ginkgo]that doesn't make a mess. Dogwoods are close but not yet. Biggest problem is the deer tear up the dogwoods with their antlers/ Hit them where the mowers go
Male Ginkgo trees don't produce a mess (on the ground at least) since they don't produce fruit. Female trees on the other hand produce a nasty smelling rancid fruit & are messy. You have a male most likely.
Old March 25th, 2024, 04:42 AM

watering is the PITA. Donny gave me an old sod cutter trailer that I Converted to tote carrier.

Last edited by Jamesbo; March 25th, 2024 at 04:46 AM.
Old March 25th, 2024, 04:11 PM

Hi guys,

I just checked out this story in my Google feed. A 19-yr old American just won the male World Figure Skating Championship with a record setting score. Whether you like figure skating or not, this kid is the real deal, and pushing the envelope in every sense of the word. I marvel in all aspects of athletic accomplishment, and this is truly one of those! Check out the video, it's worth the watch, by scrolling down thru the story found here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/american-pr...132010945.html
Old March 26th, 2024, 01:47 AM

Chris, Amazing. This cracker has ice skated exactly once an I had 18 stiches in my head to show the results. ill stick to cow tipping
Old March 26th, 2024, 06:20 AM

Chris, Amazing. This cracker has ice skated exactly once an I had 18 stiches in my head to show the results. ill stick to cow tipping
Jim - Amazing is a good word for it. Sorry about your ice skating experience, that would have pretty much ruined it for me too. I've been skating my whole life, although it's probably been 5-years now since I've been on them. Played a ton of backyard hockey with neighbor kids on the small lake we lived on growing up. Having skated a bunch it makes me really appreciate what that kid is doing out there!
Old March 26th, 2024, 07:40 AM
Always room for one more

Norm do you remember this?

Old March 26th, 2024, 07:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Smooth day here at Big D. I have a bad wall guy but he's doing fairly well. No drama. And plant maintenance has been through replacing all the bad light bulbs so it's bright as can be in here.

Yesterday Accuweather thought it was going to be nice all week, and this morning we have rain. Brilliant. Good opportunity to do something inside.

I have never been ice skating. When I was but a wee one I put on ice skates and walked in the grass all the way to the skating rink. Oh, three blocks maybe. When I got on the ice I couldn't stand up, my feet would flop over and I'd fall down. Weak ankles I guess. So I walked back home, in the grass, never to don ice skates again.

There's a Valiant in Kentucky I want to go look at. Anyone want to go with? This car has been for sale for at least a year. It looks like a nice car but it's waaay overpriced. He's been slowly coming down on price and I might be able to talk him into a lower number. Norm once upon a time said I was the Valiant Hero.

And now, lunch. Good Tuesday to you all.

Old March 26th, 2024, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

There's a Valiant in Kentucky I want to go look at.
Mike - Good luck with the Valiant if you go to check it out. Are you thinking of trying to get him to commit to a lower price before going all that way to check it out?
Old March 26th, 2024, 10:38 AM
Always room for one more

Chris I've done that in the past, but I think this time I just need to justify to myself that the car is actually worth what he's currently asking. That is a long trip to come back with an empty trailer. He started out last year I think at 7- or 8000 and it's lingered. He's at 5000 now and if it's as nice as it looks that's a close number. The trouble is a four door plain jane Valiant just isn't worth much, even if it's a pristine original. What I've come up with, after seeing his other ads and overthinking it for a year, is this car belonged to his mother or other significant family member, who died and he's been sitting on it for a long time and has now decided to sell. Now, this is conjecture but if what I think has any merit I'd say he's based his price on sentiment and not reality. Or he watched Barrat Jackson and saw a blown big block Barracuda and the announcer said the Bcuda was based on a Valiant. Which means it's exactly the same of course.

If it were any closer it would be in my driveway right now. As it is, it's a 5+ hour trip each way. Really I just need to call him and talk for a little while and I'll be able to figure out exactly what's going on. Just another day in the life of the Valiant Hero. I think I'll have that put on a Tshirt.

That was a long answer to your simple question.

Last edited by slantflat; March 26th, 2024 at 10:51 AM.
Old March 26th, 2024, 10:50 AM
Always room for one more

Not sure this is going to work

Facebook Post

If it doesn't, you can check it out on facebook marketplace. It's in Irvine, KY.

Facebook Post

Okay it didn't.

Old March 26th, 2024, 10:51 AM

That was a long answer to your simple question.
I get it! Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Old March 26th, 2024, 11:49 AM
GCH

I Love all trees [except cotton woods]We have about 50 white dogwoods planted in and around the cemetery. i planted about 75 forsythia around one border and the entrance has Carolina jasmine covering the gate I also have one Gingko and i golden rain Spring time yellows are one of my favorites' Someday mine will look as nice as these stock images
What a nice tree , we just love these trees . We call them "gullregn" here in Sweden .

We also like trees with red leafs :

Regards Glenn

Very nice Valiant Mike
Old March 26th, 2024, 12:29 PM

Mike - This looks like a very nice Valiant!
Old March 26th, 2024, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by GCH
Hi Glenn - Great to hear from you, hope you and your wife are well! There was a very large Norway Maple (no offense to Sweden ) like the pic above in my parent's front yard when I was growing up. It's still there and still as beautiful as ever.

Here's a pic of the Norway Maple at my folks house (my Sister lives there now). Norway Maple on the left and huge Pin Oak on the right.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; March 26th, 2024 at 12:45 PM.
Old March 26th, 2024, 01:18 PM

ONLY a few ay ago someone brought up Yankee cracker. It just occurred to me, Could that be a Yankee that cant ice skate? Sorry MIKE I Couldn't resist
Old March 26th, 2024, 02:41 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo you're too much! I don't know if I could ice skate these days but I'd be afraid I'd get into one of those Hamel camels and couldn't stop spinning and toss my cookies.

Wow Chris those trees have grown. I remember the picture of your house with the Valiant and I don't think there was even grass. Also it seems the drive sat above the dirt and there weren't any neighbors. Looks way different all these years later.

Where I grew up just about every tree was a silver Maple. Big, pretty trees but the bane of my existence was the little helicopter seeds that would come off them and get everywhere. Of course my parents insisted they were raked and picked up and that is a never ending job. Now that I've been away from them for awhile I think it would be nice to see those trees again. I looked up to see if they'd grow in this red dirt and supposedly they do pretty good. I might try planting one and see how it does. And I couldn't care less about the helicopters.

Glenn didn't you say you had a Valiant at some point? An earlier one than this. I keep looking at the pictures and it almost looks like it's a three on the tree. Oh how cool would that be! I'm gonna call the guy. I see a Valiant in my future.

We are starting work early tomorrow and Thursday. Thursday to get to the long weekend earlier, tomorrow because plant maintenance wants to work on one of the machines and wants us out of the way. Not thrilled about getting up at 2 but it will be nice to have the extra time in the afternoon. Maybe Awful house.

Old March 26th, 2024, 03:20 PM

Wow Chris those trees have grown. I remember the picture of your house with the Valiant and I don't think there was even grass. Also it seems the drive sat above the dirt and there weren't any neighbors. Looks way different all these years later.
Mike - The picture that I posted with the large trees this morning was not the one you remember with the Valiant. The home with the picture of the Valiant was the home we (parents and 2 boys) lived in until I was 6. That home was only 2-bedrooms, and when my Mom got pregnant with my sister, we were going to need something larger. As luck would have it, the house that I posted with the large trees went up for sale just when my parents started looking for a larger place. It has 4-bedrooms and a finished basement, and get this, it is located diagonally across the street from the house where the Valiant was, maybe 25-yds away at the most. Talk about luck! Here's a recent pic of the house where the Valiant was.

Old March 26th, 2024, 05:44 PM

Bout time to get ready Easter dinner. Bought my eggs early so that they peel easier. Got taters for salad, spiced peaches, beets corn relish for the ham

, and extra mayo, along with blue cheese for the stuffed celery
Old March 26th, 2024, 06:11 PM

Jim - Two of my favorite sides, Corn Relish and Pickled Beets!
Old March 26th, 2024, 07:27 PM

Speaking of eggs, I found these fresh quail eggs in my garden this morning.

Old March 27th, 2024, 12:44 AM
GCH

Hi Chris , my wife and i are well , thanks That was a big Norwegian maple at your folks house.
Have mount an Mueller power clutch in my wifes Harley , she have lost a little power in her left hand so
we hope this will help a little for easier clutch.

Mike , yes i had a -71 Valiant in the late eighties a couple of years and drove the car both summer and winter ,
worked well. I liked this car a lot with 225 slantsix and 904 aut . The police her bought about 1200 Valiants
from 1966 to 1974 but sadly almost everybody of this is gone now.

Hope everybody have a nice easter .

Last edited by GCH; March 27th, 2024 at 12:49 AM.
Old March 27th, 2024, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Have mount an Mueller power clutch in my wifes Harley , she have lost a little power in her left hand so we hope this will help a little for easier clutch.

Mike , yes i had a -71 Valiant in the late eighties a couple of years and drove the car both summer and winter, worked well. I liked this car a lot with 225 slantsix and 904 aut . The police here bought about 1200 Valiants from 1966 to 1974 but sadly almost everybody of this is gone now.

Hope everybody have a nice easter .

Glenn - Glad you guys are doing well! I have never heard of a Mueller power clutch, I will have to look those up. I hope it works well for her.

Cool pictures of the Valiant Police Cars, love them! Did you do much to your classic cars over the winter and do you have them ready to go for this year's car season?

Hope you have a nice Easter too!
Old March 27th, 2024, 06:49 AM

Good morning guys,

Since we've been talking trees, my Cherry tree is in full bloom, just beautiful! The picture doesn't really do it justice.

Old March 27th, 2024, 10:08 AM
Running On Empty

Norm do you remember this?
Mike - Absolutely. I recall the crazy Long Chevrolet commercials.
Old March 27th, 2024, 12:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out.

Work was okay, started early, ended early.

Got an appointment to go to in a little while.

Going in early again tomorrow.

Have a good Hump Day everyone.

Old March 27th, 2024, 12:05 PM
Always room for one more

Glenn those Valiants really look neat. That would be a good car to recreate and I bet no one else would have one at the cruise in.