The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2024, 11:20 PM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Glenn - Glad you guys are doing well! I have never heard of a Mueller power clutch, I will have to look those up. I hope it works well for her. Cool pictures of the Valiant Police Cars, love them! Did you do much to your classic cars over the winter and do you have them ready to go for this year's car season?
Hope you have a nice Easter too!
Glad you guys doing well also , should be intresting to se how the clutch works when driving the bike. It,s an easy install.
The cars are ready to drive but i wish i had heat in our garage so i could do more , dual master brake cylinder would be
nice to have . Have only done some minor things on the 98 and should replace the rear wheel bearings on the GMC truck
as soon the temp gets better . The 88 needs engine repair so i don´t know if i should trade it or remove the engine yet
Has been some tractor repairs this winter also . Do you have a warm garage for your -67 Chris ?
We have our bikes garaged warm all winter luckaly. And i must say that i enjoy the retirement

Originally Posted by slantflat
Glenn those Valiants really look neat. That would be a good car to recreate and I bet no one else would have one at the cruise in.
Yes Mike some of my freinds back in the days drove Valiants so i have memories of them. The last pic of the Valiants is from 1973 when a bank robbery went wrong , you have maybe heard of the "Stockholm syndrome" .

Stockholm syndrome - Wikipedia

Have a nice eastern all
Old March 28th, 2024, 04:47 AM

Good Morning!! After I bought that 13' vintage trailer (with no paperwork) I stopped in to the Clare SOS (DMV). I was told I needed to have a signed ownership transfer from the estate of the deceased fella who my buddy bought it from. Then I felt like I was being accused of trying to steal this old POS trailer! They acted like the soup **** on Seinfield- "No Title for you!". I was really worried about getting a title, then I went on vintage trailer site and got even more worried. Back when I bought a used snowmobile trailer a few years ago, it had no paper work either, but it was no problem to get registered with a bill of sale and weight. -Found out difference is- Utility trailers don't have a title- just a registration- travel trailers have a title! At least in Michigan. So yesterday I went to a different SOS office in Gladwin. What a difference- the manager tried to help me. I now need to have a police officer come and check the trailer- he will either use the 299 # I found on tounge or whatever he decides a Vin will be. Then I will get it weighed and take papers back to SOS and send away for title. Wow- amazing difference. So I think I will be all set. We'll see....
Old March 28th, 2024, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Do you have a warm garage for your -67 Chris? We have our bikes garaged warm all winter luckaly. And i must say that i enjoy the retirement
Glenn- Really glad you're enjoying retirement, good for you and congratulations! No, our garage is not heated, but it usually does not get below freezing in there unless the temperature outside is below 10°F. I usually save any maintenance work on the '67 or bikes for after it warms up a little more in the Spring. The '67 is already on the road, but I still need to do oil changes on both bikes. I'm going to do both bike oil changes soon on the same day. I'd like to finish the interior (insulated doors, finish insulating and drywall on walls) and add heat to my garage at some point in the future.
Old March 28th, 2024, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
So yesterday I went to a different SOS office in Gladwin. What a difference- the manager tried to help me. I now need to have a police officer come and check the trailer- he will either use the 299 # I found on tounge or whatever he decides a Vin will be. Then I will get it weighed and take papers back to SOS and send away for title. Wow- amazing difference. So I think I will be all set. We'll see....
Greg - Good luck, I hope you don't run into anymore roadblocks! If it makes ya feel any better, most trips to the DMV here in Missouri are a real PIA. You'd better have all your I's dotted and T's crossed or you're not going to have a fun visit.
Old March 28th, 2024, 07:57 AM

Greg, I have titled two ute trailers in IN. Well, registered. One had a title already, but no vin on it. Didn't matter, I transferred title and registered.

The junky catamaran trailer I bought on bill of sale only had no vin. So, the trooper had to visit twice. First he came out and verified no vin, and signed a form. I sent the form to Indianapolis and they assigned a vin. I got a stamp set and some aluminum tags, stamped the vin on a tag, it took me 4 tries, then pop riveted it to the tongue. Trooper came back, and signed the inspection form that checks the vin. Took that form to the DMV and did normal title, registration, and plates. All that came in the mail and now the trailer is legal. Still junky, but at least I can tag it.

I will slowly modify the trailer to make it better. I will replace the axle, the springs, the hubs, the wheels, the electrical, the skids and rollers, the tag holder, the lights, the hitch, and the frame.
Old March 28th, 2024, 08:59 AM
Running On Empty

Thinking about utility trailers. The last one I bought new 2002 (6'8" W x 12' L, s. axle, 2000 lbs. Center Jack, 6000 lbs. Coupler /w ball, GVWR 3,000 lb., axle capacity 3500 lbs, Ext. Lights, 2' H grated side rails, 24" floor cross-members, 2"x8" Heat Treated Floor Planking, 6' L integrated fold-down rear gate/ramp, angle iron construction, 2" x 4" Box Tube Tongue) for $950. It didn't come w/ a spare wheel/tire but I mounted a wheel/tire. Other than yearly grease lubrication this thing scoots along nicely. I just looked up same style trailer ~$2700. I think the price of iron has gone up.
Old March 28th, 2024, 04:25 PM

Hi guys,
Hope everyone had a great day. Wife and I both had dental checkups this morning, no issues for either of us, Yahoo!

Beautiful day here, sunny and low 70's. It looked like thousands of honey bees were swarming our Cherry tree today, quite the sight.

Wife is having another pre-cancerous skin area removed tomorrow. It showed up on her last 6-month check-up. She was supposed to have it removed at the end of February, but she got sick right before the surgery and it had to be rescheduled. Hoping and praying it doesn't come back again. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Have a nice evening!
Old March 28th, 2024, 05:24 PM

Kinda Like it My Olds Friends

https://tv.youtube.com/watch/_b8DtvM1o-I?utm_campaign=ytv_dr_yttv_fy_2024&utm_source=cpc& utm_medium=&utm_content=txt&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0 KCQjw2PSvBhDjARIsAKc2cgMgRi1gZ7mPoBciEpCF1vVRixANy ZUOPqz-ku3iDM0WDzD6I9n4pfcaAvBuEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&vp=0 gEEEgIwAQ==
Old March 28th, 2024, 06:02 PM
Running On Empty

Keith - Like most/all "packages" greater than 75% of those channels are crap, IMO. When cable companies decide to provide me with the channels I want rather than those which they force-feed to me, I might regain faith in cable TV &/or streaming. Example: I want four stations/services/streams. I'll pay them for those four and no more. Phuque em.
Old March 28th, 2024, 06:06 PM
Running On Empty

Here's two examples to illustrate my point. (1) If I want The Golf Channel, PGA Tour Golf Channel, History Channel & NatGEO I'll subscribe to each and pay for each; or, (2) If I elect to view ANY channel, they can bill me to view that particular channel for the hour(s), day(s), etc. I view that channel.
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:21 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out, headed towards 72. Gotta mess around with the mower a little bit and then see what I can get into.

Glenn that was pretty interesting reading about the Stockholm syndrome. If someone wanted to take me hostage in a Valiant, I'd probably like them better as well.

I find myself in need of a small trailer. I will probably find one on craigslist or similar instead of paying a high amount for a new one. Or I should just get my big enclosed trailer I've been saying for years that I'm going to get and use that.

Norm I fired my cable company a long time ago. I had 300 channels of nothing to watch. The one channel I wanted was in a different package and I had to pay extra for it. So I cancelled the whole deal. The girl says, what are you going to do without television? Live my life, I said. You know what, I don't miss it. And now that Mom has cable television, I can sit and watch it any time I want anyway. I don't know this for sure but I've heard that cable TV is dirt cheep in other parts of the world because it isn't regulated and taxed to death like ours is.

Chris I've had a couple spots like that removed. I probably told this story before, I had a big spot on my lip, and some low class clowns at work would make fun of me. One day I had enough and I told the lead. I said, this thing is cancer, I don't find that very funny. Hope she doesn't have any more trouble out of it.

Okay gonna do something outside. Hope I can get the mower worked on so I can clean up around here a little. Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Old March 29th, 2024, 09:36 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - I recall your post(s) regarding cable TV providers - I know you realize my thoughts are same as yours - Phuque 'em. I'd also suggest buying a big enclosed trailer - good idea, IMO.
Regarding skin cancer. I've become a cash cow to my dermatology team. I've had several BCCs removed including one via MMS (Mohs Micrographic Surgery) on my chest. I've used 5, Fluoro-Uracil cream (stuff works great). This past Tuesday I was in Wilmington, NC to remove what we thought was a medial canthus BCC which turned out to be (instead) a squamous cell carcinoma. Removal was via MMS followed w/ an occuloplastic surgery to repair the gaping hole left from the MMS procedure. I'm in recovery mode, yet. It has not been an enjoyable week to date, but I'm getting by trending in a positive direction. I will offer this advice for anyone w/ any skin blemishes - DO NOT WAIT - see a dermatologist ASAP.

Pizza for lunch.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; March 29th, 2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:38 AM

Mike these are really handy on a small trailer https://moviescrip.com/product/goril...27814a8aa77c0d

Last edited by Jamesbo; March 29th, 2024 at 10:09 AM.
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:45 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - I think I noticed those on a previous picture you posted - they do look quite handy. Looks like they'd fit perfectly on my trailer.
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:11 AM

I wont help the skin cancer but t could save your back
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:16 AM
Always room for one more

I also had pizza for lunch. Can't beat it.

Jamesbo I've used a trailer before that had those. Way much better than lifting that gate by yourself.

The pickup is having fits these days. IF it starts, when I put on a turn signal, all the gauges jump around and all the idiot lights come on. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet but I suspect the alternator. I need to do some troubleshooting because throwing parts at something arbitrarily gets to be expensive.

Didn't I say I was going out to do something?

Old March 29th, 2024, 10:18 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - My 1st place to look would be to remove the turn signal flasher itself then evaluate the idiot lights functionality while the flasher is removed.
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:24 AM

Dogwoods are starting to bloom
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:33 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I wont help the skin cancer but t could save your back
"In Jim We Trust"

Old March 29th, 2024, 10:41 AM

I Hope you like it FWIW THE Only PITA IS drilling holes in the top/thick side rails. You have to sort of fiddle with the height the cables hook on the gate too high and ya have to stand on it to keep it down too low and it takes more effort to raise. MIne [because of the gate weight] is about 32 inches up from the bottom
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:47 AM
Running On Empty

Regarding the drilling part. I have several drills. I've found my electric jack-hammer drill equipped w/ a sharp bit does a far better job than an ordinary drill on thick angle iron. I assumed there would be some fiddling maneuvers to set the appropriate tension on each of the cables. My gate is rather heavy. I know this because I've slid it off its rails numerous times to remove it for various jobs.
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:51 AM
Running On Empty

I did receive a confirmation e-mail from the company I purchased it from. I am in disbelieve trying to figure out how the hell a company which sells booze is selling a GORILLA LIFT. Hopefully it will ship, as well (free shipping).

https://moviescrip.com/
Old March 29th, 2024, 11:09 AM

I stopped cable a few years ago and just buy internet from them. Fiber is coming around me, so I will go to it when it gets to me. TV is for news and entertainment. I can get news off the internet, I don't care about sports, and any movie/tv show is always available later online for free download.
Old March 29th, 2024, 11:16 AM

We seem to be getting more sketchy new users with a clone car coming here to get some homebrew "documentation" via a thread on this forum and then bailing when it goes south on them and they find out their Cutlass with a 350 and undisclosed vin can't be passed off as a 442 here or elsewhere.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:10 PM

I have a DTV antenna and get over 100 channels. A bunch are Spanish, religious, and shopping channels, but even after deleting those I still have around 50 channels. I don’t watch a lot of TV, though. Mostly news and old (as in 30s to 60s) movies.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:18 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
I have a DTV antenna and get over 100 channels. A bunch are Spanish, religious, and shopping channels, but even after deleting those I still have around 50 channels. I don’t watch a lot of TV, though. Mostly news and old (as in 30s to 60s) movies.
DTV antenna sounds nice; but, I am a Neanderthal w/ a CRT T.V. I believe a DTV antenna only works w/ HDMI?
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:25 PM

No, it plugs into the coax where cable would connect, or use a balun to connect to the two ANT screws. With an older TV you would need a digital converter to change the digital broadcast signal to an analog signal. I used to have 2 of those when the gub’mint was giving them away for free, but they eventually went to Goodwill along with the old TVs and VCRs.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:27 PM
Running On Empty

OK. Yeah, I used to have a couple of those converter boxes I had to turn them in I think? So, I could use a converter + DTV antenna for my CRT TV? Ya think?
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:28 PM

Yep. And you don’t necessarily need a digital antenna. I originally used a UHF hoop antenna since I’m close to a major metropolitan center and the broadcast signals are very strong. After a few years found a smoking deal on a DTV antenna and figured why not. You can also make your own DTV antenna from plans on the internet. There are a lot of different designs, some simple and others very complex. A basic hoop antenna can be made from a metal clothes hanger.

Last edited by Fun71; March 29th, 2024 at 01:33 PM.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:30 PM
Running On Empty

Those work on line-of-sight I think? I'll check broadcast stations in the surrounding area(s) to see what broadcasts I'd get. I do live in the boonies though.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:34 PM

There are high gain antennas for the boonie locations, and also amplifiers for the really boonie areas.
Like any antenna, the reception strength depends upon pointing the receiving antenna at the transmitting antenna.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:36 PM
Running On Empty

****. I have available a total of nine broadcast stations. Three of which are bare minimum weak signals, three are moderate, and three are strong: FOX, CBS, NBC, PBS, ABC & ION. None sound really appealing to spend the time honestly. These are based on terrain-sensitive propagation models resembling but not identical to the propagation model used when calculating service and interference contours for licensed broadcast television stations. It's flatter than a pancake around here!
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:37 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
There are high gain antennas for the boonie locations, and also amplifiers for the really boonie areas.
Like any antenna, the reception strength depends upon pointing the receiving antenna at the transmitting antenna.
OK. Good to know. Give me something to research. Thanks.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:39 PM

Each of those ‘major’ channels will have multiple side band channels. For example, my channel 8 has 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, and 8.5 and each has different programming. That’s how I get so many total channels.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
OK. Good to know. Give me something to research. Thanks.
This will be a valuable resource:

https://www.antennaweb.org

edit: the site above shows you have 45 total available channels, but yeah, you’re in the boonies and would need a high gain antenna and maybe an amplifier. The good news is all but one of the transmissions are in the same direction.

Last edited by Fun71; March 29th, 2024 at 01:46 PM.
Old March 29th, 2024, 01:51 PM
Running On Empty

OK. Good info. Thanks!
Old March 29th, 2024, 06:34 PM

My You Tube Tv subscription stop/start with the click of a key equates to $2.5667 per day. I will gladly enjoy the cost vs benefit.
Old March 30th, 2024, 06:35 AM

Good morning guys,

Wife's surgery went well yesterday other than it was a long day. Left the house for the hospital at 1030 and did not get home until 1830. Her surgery was originally supposed to start at 1345, but as soon as my wife got into the pre-surgery room they let us know her surgeon was running +2-hours behind, which sent my wife into a tizzy worrying about how the dogs would fare if we got tied up there much longer than expected. She talked me into driving home (45-minutes one way) just to let them out and do their business. By the time I got back they had just taken her into surgery. For all that waiting, the actual surgery itself only took 15-minutes and went fine. Surgeon came in afterwards and said she was good to go, although there was no guaranty a new spot wouldn't show up, and she would need to continue her 6-month check-ups, which was how they had caught this new spot in the 1st place. All in all, plenty of fun for one day. We certainty appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers!

There's a cruise-in this evening and it's supposed to be real nice out. Wife wants me to go, but I'm not going to make a decision until I see how she's doing later this afternoon..

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; March 30th, 2024 at 07:07 AM.
Old March 30th, 2024, 07:10 AM
GCH

Well Chris , glad the surgery went well and please give Dawn a big hug from the other side of the planet
Her 6 month check-ups sounds like a good thing if they caught something new spot to look at. I can understand
that you want to se how her doing before you go , i should have done the same .

I have been in the garden today and take care of gravel and other s¤it from the snow plowing but sometimes
a little gardenwork is good for you to clear your mind . Got myself a new phone and there is to much stuff in this
for a 65 year old mans brain .

Old March 30th, 2024, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Well Chris , glad the surgery went well and please give Dawn a big hug from the other side of the planet

Glenn - Thanks for your kind words for Dawn, they are very much appreciated.

You're lucky to have enough land for a garden, great hobby to release stress like you mentioned, and great tasting rewards. I worked in our family garden with my Dad for many years when I was growing up, great memories!

I don't think I ever realized it before, but you and I are very close to the same age, I'll be 65 in November. Very cool picture, I love it! Hope you and your wife have a wonderful Easter!