The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2014, 08:26 AM

Some of you will know what language that is.
looks like German, Da?
Old July 2nd, 2014, 08:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
looks like German, Da?
Si seņor!

Mike - I hate it when that happens. Hope you're up and running again soon. Hate losing epic posts because the next one is never quite as epic. Just got finished washing and detailing the 'low Saturn'. Looks like new! Yesterday I did a tire rotation and oil change on it so it's good to go for the next little while. My shirt was soaked by 9:00 and it's just the start of the day.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ich kann nicht glauben, wie wenig Aktivität gibt es in diesem Thread heute.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 09:17 PM

Ya don't know Deutsche, ya don't meutsche!
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Gotta go get the Caddy washed and maybe a couple early mornin pics with it at Red Rocks.

Hopefully everyone keeps all their digits this weekend.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Already warmin up dis mawn'in

If anyone find's de Super models phone please let me know. She's begin'in to get de shakes from withdrawl.

Welp, De holiday is gett'in pretty close. I guess me and Red will go hide from all de noise.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 3rd, 2014, 06:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Donnerstag volks!

Hot hot hot again today. Just got in from watering the plants and some of the more dry spots of the lawns. Boomers later. Already 72 at 730 so I have the windows open while it's still cool.

Stacey Brotzel on the mawnin news is looking purty hot this mawnin. Gahhh, I need to get out more.

Jim - just call the phone. You'll find it when it starts ringing. Or not. Next time git her one wit a real long extension chord.

Clint - You turning into a dealer? Good luck with the pics. Post a few when you're done.

Dan - Dats funny. I must not know meutsche! I liked watching Hogans Heroes and got a real kick out of John Banner and Werner Klemperer though. And I did sleep at a Holiday Inn once!

Go get em people ! Only today and then it's long weekend time.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:06 AM

Allan, Dat's part of de problemo. She's called it so many times de battery is dead
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha.. Sorry Jim, but dats plumb funny right there! You made my day.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Seriously though, if she uses it in the car, check there. Mine fell down between the seat and console once, there and under a seat? Maybe on the passenger or driver side where the pan drops down for the seat? I know how ridiculously frustrating it is to lose dat stupid phone.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM

Well, I ain't working any o.t. nor the holiday, summers too short! Gonna pick up a rack of ribs for tomorrow (und bier), try to get the gas tank dropped on the Olds...maybe the rearend, but got an invite for beer and pizza for Sat. at a buds' house, so that might de rail things!
Old July 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Always room for one more

Hi from work everyone.

Been working on the dogs' room and tending to little puppies. My contribution to the cause is I had their shots given and I'm going to keep them until the rescue is ready to take them to New England. My dogs don't like them so it's a challenge keeping them separated. Eh, it will work out. They are as cute as they can be.

Paul I have the new car sticker for my Mustang, where does it say on there what the build date is? All I know is in April some time.

Allan why is your car illegal to drive, is it actually driveable? I'm guessing you guys don't have dented up cars on your streets? Gee, what a novel idea. If that were the case here we wouldn't have traffic problems.

There's supposed to be a fuse in the back of my computer that might have snapped. I need to have a look but it's not been a priority. The guest pups and the room have taken my time. We'll see what other areas my dogs will exploit when the fireworks start tonight.

Okay have a good one everybody hope the 4th is good and like Clint says, retain all your parts.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - The Sonata is capable of being driven, but not legally. The left side mirror is totally missing. That is a safety issue that would warrant me getting a ticket if stopped for it. I could pull the damage sticker out and show it to the officer who stops me but we both know that it's really unsafe to drive with that huge blind spot on the left side. According to our local ordinances, the lack of a left side mirror is a safety issue that would warrant a ticket - period. And not to mention the risk it could put me or someone else in if I had to lane change to the left in a hurry?
I don't like the dents either.....Here's a few pics showing the majority of the damage.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Always room for one more

That doesn't look so bad, but I'm always afraid of A-pillar damage. I can understand the driving without a mirror thing. Not a fun thing to do.

So I'm waiting on my plane, it gets in around 930. Catching up on all the computer stuff I haven't been seeing. It seems weird at home, the computer is in the living room so every time I walk past it I'm compelled to look at -something- . Without it operational I feel like something is missing. I do seem to get more done, which should tell me something. One of these days the computer will be in the basement office so it won't be quite so accessible.

Had a nice talk with John the other day. I guess his electronic free vacation doesn't include the telephone. We're going to get together next week on one of my days off, I'm looking forward to seeing them and the place.

I've been hopping around like a gimp for like three weeks. Finally went to the doctor yesterday and he says it's gout. Got a shot for it and it feels better already, and have medice to take for a week to finish it off. It's nice to not feel like a need a cane after being on my feet all day.

Okay more surfing. Might go look up a guy I haven't seen in a while.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 08:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah, the policy on panels and hoods is just replace them. The A pillar does have me a bit concerned because it's structural. Apparently they also have to now paint the whole front of the car and blend the paint back so the differences aren't seen?

How'd you get gout? Maybe you should also get checked for kidney stones...

Good to hear John is doing well. Say hi to him for all of us!

Surf on McDuff!
Old July 4th, 2014, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

HappY 4TH Olds friends

Not too hot highs in de mid 80's

Welp, When I went down de drive to get de mail. I found de Super model's phone. Well, pieces anyway. Tall people tend to put stuff up high. Only problem is when it's de top of de car and ya drive off de stuff tends to slide off in de rode.Den utter people tend to run over it.

Well, it ain't cancer so WTH

Mike, I may meet y'all at John's place. I sold 2 lots last week to familes who had a family member in hospice care, so I never know when duty may call. Take care of de gout and don't eat any grits or spinach
Old July 4th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Finally Freitag! Aren't you glad it's a national holiday and you don't have to go to work? Well except Paul.

Looking at a really nice day here in the mid 70s. Grass and flowers have had their morning drink.

Jim - good to hear you found the phone. Should get one of those cases for it. Saw this on the news - you can drive over the phone with that cover on it and no damage. The perfect BD or Anniversary gift.

Mike - You get you puter working again? Sheesh having 4 pups in the house must be a real challenge especially when the big ones aren't in acceptance mode. Hope everything works out.

Clint - be Independent, this day is all yours!
Old July 4th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good news on the home front. The Hells Angels next door are moving!! Yee haw.
Old July 4th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

I'm with Paul at work. Okay we're not working together but I'm at work.

Things are a bit challenging at home. The little puppies stay outside, and I've rigged up a makeshift gate so they don't just sit up on the porch and bug the heck out of the big puppies. So when the big puppies want to go outside we have to have a changing of the guard so to speak. The little puppies are still as cute as they can be and they are crazy about me so how can that be bad. I think they're here for another week. Yikes.

Allan that's great news about the HAs. Hope the new neighbors are a might nicer.

Jamesbo I hope you can meet us. Being the middle of the week might be tough. I know how to make sure you can be there. Put your phone on top of the car.

There will be no spinach or grits invading my body. Ever.

So the plane we started working on at 7 had to go back out. Haven't heard what we're getting next, probably the broke plane that needed replacing with our plane. Eh, it all pays till 7.

Okay gonna go get some pizza. A guy on the crew made lead in another department so he brought pizza. Hope everyone is having a safe 4th and not shooting off fireworks near my house. Enough people are doing that already.
Old July 5th, 2014, 05:30 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well, all the critters made it thru the night without having a coronary. Gonna try to get the old Yota's a/c system charged up today.

Mike, Who is gonna take the pups?

Allan, Hope the new neighbors are better than the hooligans you've had to deal with.

Hope everyone had a good Independence day.

Happy weekend.
Old July 5th, 2014, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice and a mite cooler dis mawn'in

Mike, You're a good man fer look'in after god's creatures

GTG to de mountains dis mawn'in

Enjoy de rest of de holiday Olds friends
Old July 5th, 2014, 07:02 AM

Good morning everyone.

I think I'm finally nearing the end of this head cold. It has really been hanging on this week.

I don't know what it is this summer, but I just seem to be having trouble getting into car show season. I'm guessing it is a combination of the head cold, work being busy and all the "fun" I'm having with the Cutlass.

The Cutlass has been at the shop for 3 weeks so far for a 2-3 day job. It is not the shop's fault and they are going above and beyond with the car. I'm having issues with parts I bought.

I might tag along on a cruise with the Mustang club later today.

Mike, now that I think about it, it might have just been the month I was able to determine for the Mustang. I don't think I do know the exact build date.

I did watch the Macy's fireworks on TV last night! I remember as a kid going camping in Niagara Falls, Ontario and we always went around Canada Day. The best part was getting to watch two fireworks shows while we were there. July 1 and July 4!

Allan, what a freak thing to happen to your Sonata. Glad everyone is ok except for nerves.

Dan, go for the beer and pizza.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Old July 5th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dear diary, today is Samstag but it feels like something else.

Last night Elsie's mother dropped by and really showed what she could do. Power was knocked out for about 1 1/2 hours. Streets turned into canals, and Thor had a blast playing with his hammer. Probably going to stay humid for a bit.

Clint - Good to hear from you again. What's up with the critters? You get hammered with storms too? Well if anyone can get the yota AC working it's you. Thanks, I hope the new peeps are better too. The HA's will prolly take a day or 3 to get all their crap out. They're not very organized, and have a way of bowing noticed with their loud potty mouths.

Gotta go reset all the clocks...
Old July 5th, 2014, 04:56 PM
CQR

Allan, We have 2 dogs that are quite fearful of thunder and explosions. And I'm taking care of Dads dog while he's gallivanting around and he's not too hip on the noise either. Our JRT has gotten so bad, he's getting destructive. We gave him a little beer and a taste of Benadryl last night to let him relax a little.

Here's some pic's of thee Allante'
http://s154.photobucket.com/user/mor...?sort=3&page=1
Old July 5th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ahh, dog sitting. Lucky you. I get that thing with thunder/loud noises. Our cat was not immune to that either although she wasn't destructive unless you were holding her to calm her when the thunder rolled.

The pics you took show the car really well. This one makes me think of Darth Vaders TY fighter cockpit...'Targeting computer ON, Turbo ON, To Heck with the Force...."

Attachment 163709

Have you heard of this? Called the Soundracer - Plugged into that Caddy it would likely sell the car to the first gearhead or kid who tested it. Go with this bloke for a test run. I had a big grin on my face when I watched this....

Old July 5th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Glad to see everyone survived the 4th. Hard to believe it's here and past already. On the downhill side now....

We didn't have a cookout. I was pretty much depressed as usual, puttered around some, picked a bunch of green beans that I have to freeze now, and laid in my lawn chair. Had to move it way over by the side of the deck behind the rose of sharon trees so I'd be out of the 3 stupid cameras lenses. God I hate those things! So ridiculous.

Today is Nicole's 22nd birthday. Haven't seen her since Thursday morning. I'm having cake and ice cream for her tomorrow. Her and Jon are supposed to be here. Jean is coming down, and I'm going up to take Lin shopping in the morning then will bring her down. Larry didn't invite Jr cause 'he didn't know what I was doing'. Gee... didn't I say Thursday night that I was having cake on Sunday???? Get off that smart phone Facebook and pay attention!!!!!!! All the down talking he's done about social networking, he joins Facebook and he's hooked!!!! Whatever.

I came home yesterday from the store, and he's hooking another camera up on the front corner of the house! I said My God aren't you done yet? I have no privacy whatsoever! He said 'you have privacy'. Like where? In the house??? I feel like a friggin prisoner having my every move watched. I think the stupid things should be on at night and when we are gone. Period. So... there are now 3 cameras on the front of the house, 3 on the back of the house, and 1 in the breezeway. He's not hooking up the last one, he said. It's like friggin Fort Knox or something. As soon as Nicole's birthday party is over, I will open my mouth about them. Gotta keep him in a good mood until then, lol. Otherwise me and Nicole will suffer.

I went to Northfield yesterday afternoon to the Mr. Chicken cruise in I haven't ever made it to before cause we usually shop on Friday nights. It was okay. Came home and ate, then went to see the fireworks in Solon. That was a letdown compared to Newton Falls, but I just didn't feel like driving all the way out there. They only lasted about 10 minutes. Tonight was Hudson's display, but I didn't go over. Heard them though! Poor old Dude hates the loud sounds.

I spent pretty much all day in the garage cleaning Teepo. She was covered with water spots from the Riverfront last Monday. I had to park by the fountain and the wind was blowing the spray all over her.

So tell me, all you mechanics and people with knowledge.... today I took off the radiator cap and checked her coolant and it's way up to the top!! Now why would it be up there when I haven't added any? It's usually about 4 or so rows down, where you can touch it with your finger. What would cause this? I'm getting worried. Something is not right somewhere. She hasn't puked any out lately.

I was going to go to a show tomorrow that I've never been to, but since I'm having Nicole's party, I can't. She's all cleaned up and no where to go, lol!

Darrell.... so nice to finally see you! You look pretty much like what I expected you to, lol. Glad you had a good time and got to meet Clint. Looks like some beautiful cars were there.

Mike.... you're such a nice guy. So nice of you to rescue the puppies!

I've been watching some of the Dead White and Blue marathon this weekend. I forgot so much of season 1. Man I can't wait until October when it comes back on! Funny how young they all looked back then lol.

Well I should be getting my phone back next week, finally. Got an email from Samsung saying they sent it out Thursday. Cost me $178.00 but it's worth it! Keep your smart phones out of the water, lol.

Not that you all care I'm sure, lol, but I had to shave my legs tonight! First time since last November. I have some nice 'down' on my head now too, lol. Looks mostly white. On the down side, my right thumbnail is white and ugly, and I do believe it will be coming off soon. I just want to get to feeling like I did last year. I'm really fed up with this not being able to breathe and just generally feeling like $hit. Forcing myself to do things. And I'm really tired of hearing 'how good I look'. I know people mean well, but I get annoyed. Just cause I look good doesn't mean I feel good inside. Soon, I hope.

Well you all have a good evening.
Old July 6th, 2014, 06:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day

Sandy, Ya ever heard de ole country song. "My gals a peach if nya don't mind de fuzz?"

Please wish Nicole a happy berfday from all us Old Olds dudes
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Domenica!
Purty day shaping up here. Nice and cool 65 with gentle breeze at 10 mph. Rained last night so the humidity is a bit high. Spent the last hour getting some tar splatters off de wife's car. No idea where that came from. Varsol works pretty well, followed by good rinse and wax.

Sandy - send them cameras up my way and I'll get them installed for our neighborhood watch. 6 seems like overkill though for just one house.

Jim - So what kind of new phone did de supermodel buy? One that straps to her belt?

Paul - hope your summer cold is gone now. Time to enjoy what's left of summer. Hope the shop gets your Cutlass trans figured out.

Clint - I'm getting a 2014 Sonata as vehicle replacement when my car goes in for bodywork. They figured 2 weeks originally, but might take longer because they're getting back logged middle of July. Still waiting for the dumba$$ who caused all this damage to give a statement to the insurance company. If they don't hear from him by Monday they said they'll assume liability and get the ball rolling. How hard is it to pick up a phone and make a 5 minute call?

Dan - Did you figure out what language Domenica is?

My SIL is selling her place here and moving to the island. Crap, that takes that off the list of places to consider now.
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Dan - Did you figure out what language Domenica is?
Hmm, the language of the singing nuns?
Old July 6th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I'm gonna have to get up a lot earlier to find a language you don't know! Boy it's been quite a spell since I heard reference to the singing nuns. Well done sir!
Old July 6th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Heh heh, as soon as I saw "Domenica" the song popped into my head!
Old July 6th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Gee, I hope you meant Italian, not French!
Old July 6th, 2014, 10:50 AM

I was actually thinking Latin...oh well!
Old July 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Well, I gotta go buy a new 100' extension cord, as yesterday I cut yet another one in half while trimming the hedges! It's getting to be an annual event.
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:04 AM

We'll, gonna be 102 degrees today, gotta do wiring under the dash. Wonderful; sweat to get in all the cuts!
Old July 7th, 2014, 04:19 AM

GTG I'm late
Old July 7th, 2014, 04:30 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Gonna be a little cooler here than wls559 area. Upper 90's. already warm.

Happy smacking Jamesbo.

Dan. Good it didn't bite-cha. So pic up a couple ends and then you'll have 2 50 footers as well.

Allan, Sounds like you'll be cruisin in style.

Sandy, Hope you get to feeling better soon.

My wife woke up Grumpy today. I wish she would have let me sleep.

Have a Monday all.
Old July 7th, 2014, 06:41 AM

Morning all,

Just got off work and it looks like it's gonna be another hot one here in the PNW. Today and tomorrow is my weekend so gonna be doing some work on the Cutlass. Found some local dealers for Brad Penn oil so I'm gonna give her an oil change. Also she's running a little hotter than I like especially on these really hot days, I think I'm gonna change to a 180 deg. thermostat. Those are the two major items on the list, I'm sure the wife will find some chores to add to that.

Have a great day all,
Scott
Old July 7th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah, Montag rears it's head again! Sally forth and seize the day people!

Jim - you bermind me of the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. Wutchu late for, a very important date? Don't let whitey get lost.

Clint - thanks, I hope so too. Sounds like you're in for a bit of a brutal day. Should get to about 80 here.

Scott - Another Scott with 2 t's! Welcome to the TNGMT. What do you do to just be getting off work? I'm guessing you work for the railway.

Last edited by Allan R; July 7th, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old July 7th, 2014, 07:04 AM

Scott - Another Scott with 2 t's! Welcome to the TNGMT. What do you do to just be getting off work? I'm guessing you work for the railway.
Yep, I work for the Union Pacific Railroad. The job I work works nights, so I'm going home about the time everyone else is going to work.

Scott