The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good night at work. We were outside but out of the wind, still it was a little chilly. It started misting just as we were cleaning up.

Darrell too bad about the job. Perhaps they will keep all your info and when something else comes up you'll shoot right to the front.

Jamesbo how old is the ice that's in there? That will happen to ice that's been in the bottom of the bin for a long time.

Clint careful on those roads today.

Off to bed. Have a good day all.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:27 AM
Captain Starfire

Morning, all. Warm & muggy again; wet stuff spose to move in (more of it) all afternoon. The Fest goes on, albeit damp....

I'm taking off at noon for my dermatologist's app't., so I'm hoping to be back at the Plantation before 3 or so, which would be sweet.

Sorry about the job, Darrell. There will be other opportunities, for sure. If it weren't for your specific misfortune associated with it, I'd almost be cheering to hear that the FDA actually vetoed the new drug's introduction. Just about every one out seems to have terrible side effects that are the fodder for huge class actions later on.... Somebody's gettin' rich on all this stuff; it obviously ain't us....

Mike, did you look at that pseudo-442? Anyhoots, this one's is for you. It's from the Hagerty (Insurance) newsletter -->

Clint, I know that white stuff is a PITA, but it sure is perdy.... Hope the "new" engine lasts forever this time.

Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmopals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM

Mike, I started with an empty bin
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Da' ice

Better fridges have have separate cooling systems for the ice-makers. The system for yours may be going ka-poot. The other thing is that the mechanical part operates off a timer; the timer may have gone ka-poot. Also, I think a lot of them have heating coils to warm the tray before ejection. I'd assume the problem could be with that, as well, overheating the tray.

That's about as far as my limited knowledge of refrigeration technology would bring us...

To me, it would be a job for Super_Technician! (Read: $150 - $200 service visit.)

Our icemaker in the Mts. makes hollow cubes for the first few days we crank it up. (We turn it off and empty the tray while we're not up there.) We decided we're just going to live with that until the whole box goes Tango Uniform, to use one of your expressions.

As an aside, when the weather gets hot and our "Plantation" fridge has to work harder, the inside blower motor starts singing a song (quite loudly at times).... it got real annoying a couple years ago and I decided to change it myself; all went well; but a year or two later, I'm beginning to hear some of the same notes again . We'll see how bad it gets this time. I'd say it was a poor (or exceedingly cheap) design.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Mike, I started with an empty bin

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 2nd, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:07 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Looks like rain ere

Jamesbo sounds like your timer went T U or maybe too much in the freezer acting like an insulator to keep the ice from freezing. Listen for the trays to fill up and then time it to see how long it is taking to dump.

Gonna go to the little big city today to finally meet with the atty. Yay!

Sorry to hear about the job Darrell Good luck on your search, it's tough out here.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another beautiful day here today!! Gonna be around 76 later on. We actually got up to 82 yesterday!!!

I'm so looking forward to Bellacinos tonight. Gonna be a great night for cruising. Looking forward to getting out of here at noon today also.

Brian is leaving at noon too, and will be gone the rest of the week. That will be so nice. Steve and Clay can sit in here and roast all afternoon. I'm sure they'll turn off the AC....

Well Nicole made it home yesterday. She missed her flight in NY and had to get a later one. She got to Cleveland around 6:30. Of course the slow leaking tire on the Intrigue was flat.... she calls me while I'm at the hair place, all freaked out, lol. I told her to calm down and go ask the person in the ticket booth if they have someone who could help. So she did, then she texted me later saying they pumped up the tire for her and she was on her way. I suppose I should have Defer see where that tire is leaking and get it fixed. I told her to put air in it before she parked it..... As mother used to say... "if you don't listen, you'll feel!!"

Darrell.... I'm so sorry the job didn't work out. That just sucks. We'll keep our fingers crossed that something else comes along!

Scot... hope all goes well at the attorney!

Well you all have a great day!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM

I always thought that the first gen. blazers were cool vehicles, had a chance 30 years ago to buy a 2nd gen. from my brothers buddy, a '77 2wd black over red, he bought it a couple of years earlier, and wanted what he paid for it...no sale.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM

Welp, spent half de day study’in up on ice makers. De mo I study, the more confused I get. Could be any number of things.

De utter ½ of de day, I spent look’in a Cheby soft Blazers. So far they have a range of $2500 to only $41,000 Onst again, I’m mo confused dan ever

Mike, I slung a rod in a 69 ugly orange Blazer cross’in de dunes at de north end of Cumberland Island years ago. FWIW AAA don’t go thar.

Dis one on a Blazer forum looks kinda like de color I eventually want w/tan interior/top

Is this color called “Money Green”

Y’all please be patient wit me de Lord ain’t thru with me yet. Green Blazers er jes de exigency de jour
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Cutlass Lover

Its just a beautiful evening here at Bellacinos! The place is packed. I got here at 4:20 and there were only like 6 cars here... it filled up fast! So nice to see all my friends and the cars. Sun, friends, cars, music.... ahhhh life is good!
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Never say never Al. Everyone needs some time away for whatever reason, your presence will be greatly missed my friend. Hurry back and check in from time to time.
~Scot
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by Allan R
Thanks to all for the great ride; it's been fun most of the time. My life has taken a somewhat sudden and unexpected turn which will focus me elsewhere.

May your roads be smooth and freshly paved and gas stations abundant with cheap gas.

God Bless all, stay well and safe. This is my last post.

Allan
Uh??? Hope all is well Allan....!?
Thanks for all your help.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Allan thanks for everything. Good luck to everyone and come back and check in from time to time!

Jamesbo that looks like a cool rig. Come pick me up in it and we'll torment the Alpharetta Autobahn.

Sandy how much are you going to win in the 50/50 tonight?

Off to work. Everyone have a good night.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
CQR

Allan, Hope all is well. Contact me if needed. Sorry to see you go.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM

Allan, take care, hope all is well, hopefully we'll see you again here.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:06 PM

Green Blazers er jes de exigency de
jour
Just win the Masters and you'll have a green blazer!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:19 AM
CQR

Happy Friday all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I guess we are gonna take the mutts downtown for the "Furry Scurry" tomorrow. Then maybe I'll get Britney out and make a turn thru the Supercruise.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Now tha's an idear

Allan, I've been think'in 'bout you all nite.

IMHO the search in life is for balance. Sum times when de pendulem swings too far in one direction, it needs to swing back almost jes as far in the utter before it can become more centered/balanced.

I hope your life [and mine] finds balance soon and you feel like rejoining us with some degree of moderation.

Thanks for all you have so freely shared and given.

Your Oldsbud from de sunny south.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:37 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

Good night at work. We had to clean up early and get our plane moved because today there is some contest they have every year when two groups get together and try to pull a 757 as far as they can. Some charity event.

Gloomy day here today. Might get a few drops but the real rain is waiting until my days off. Nice of it.

Gonna hit the sack. Have a good day everyone.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late Morning All!

Sun is shining, birds are singing, life is good! In the mid 60's now, heading towards the upper 70's. Weather is still looking nice for our first show on Sunday - the All Oldsmobile Spring Dust Off over in Parma. Hopefully it will be nice on Monday for the Riverfront too. Now they're saying rain will hold off till Tuesday. Hope they're right for once....

Allan R! I don't know what's going on, but I sure hope it's something that can be fixed or worked out or whatever, and that you'll be back with us soon. I've enjoyed our bantering through the years, lol, and I will miss you! Please check in just once in a while if you can, and I will pray that things in your life get back on the right track. You take care and know you'll be in our thoughts. Love ya, bud!!!

Brian is off today - it's nice!! It was soooo nice to be home yesterday afternoon! The Orioles came back!! I took some pics I will post. They are soooo pretty. I bought special nectar for Orioles, and do you think they'd drink it? Noooo... they were drinking the Hummingbird nectar! I'm glad I put out the feeders the other night. They spook so easy, I had a hard time trying to get pics.

Mike.... I didn't win a dammmmmed thing last night, lol. Not even a door prize. But it was sooo nice to be out. Will post pics in the General Discussion thread in a few minutes.

Have a great Friday all! Now, some pics to bore you with......

The Oriole.

They like suet too, lol.

This is the Red Breasted Grosbeak. He is beautiful!!

Here are some pics of my flowers. This was early spring when the Crocus were blooming so pretty.

Now with the Tulips, Grape Hyacinths, and Creeping Phlox blooming.

Tulips

Tulips and Grape Hyacinths

And the Dude!
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

The weather is questionable but I think we will be rain free for the most part.

Lots of stuff going on down ere this weekend. On top of Momma's Day, we have a civil war re-enactment in Old Clinton just north of Maconga, the state fair @ Central City Park in Maconga, Rigby's Entertainment Complex opening up not 5 miles from mi casa and now that I drug the niece's car from S.C. I have to drag it to Fitzgerald in the morning.
Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Now tha's an idear
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Weekend

Hey everyone.

The rain doth cometh. It's supposed to start in the wee hours and go through at least Sunday evening. I'm so tired of rain. And it's gotten cold again and windy so it's like winter. Clint are you sending this our way?

Today is May 3. It was 20 years ago today that I started A&P school, and my illustrious career as an airplane mechanic. The day was actually a Monday and up to that point no one really believed I was going to do it. My whole life had been cars so where did I get any interest in airplanes? I started with Delta less than a year later.

Sandy those are some nice pictures, and you were parked next to a cutie as well.

Well while the rest of you are going out to whoop it up on a Friday like normal people, I'm headed to work. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM

Birds and flowers! WTH! thought maybe I went to HGTV website 'er sumtin'. Sandy you gonna bring that green thing up to Homecoming this year?
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Well the rain cometh and the rain stayeth

Gotta press on and get that car to Fitzgerald, GA Too bad the car isn't still operable to drive up on the trailer. Come-along city I need to invest in a winch

Have a great day all I am gonna try and stay dry
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Yep, de cows up ere in de mountains.

Maybe, If I go sit in a corner and wait til it goes away, My exigency de jour will be over. About every 5 years, I decide I want a Testarossa. Cause it's de last one overseen by Inzo.

It's not really dat painful to werk thru des obsessions, It jes takes a little time.

Welp, It' spring clean'in day. Enjoy your weekend Olds friends
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Is this the same pic you posted earlier Jamesbo?
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

How about a Biff Burger?

Old May 4th, 2013, 12:01 PM

I'll have the "Super Biff" fries, ana Coke.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman

Is this the same pic you posted earlier Jamesbo?
Scot, It looks similar but ya can only beremebr so much 'bout Goat pics
Recipe: Aunt Fannie's Squash Casserole

Ingredients:
3 pounds summer squash
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
saltine cracker crumbs

Process:
Wash squash, cut in half lengthwise, then in 1/4-inch slices. Combine with chopped onion and cook in water to barely cover until both are tender. Drain thoroughly, pressing out excess water with back of spoon. Mash squash and onion with potato masher.
Mix with half the butter, the cracker crumbs, eggs, sugar, to taste, salt and pepper. Pour into greased casserole dish.
Pour remaining butter on top and sprinkle with additional cracker crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-60

Sandy, Ere's de squash cassserole recipe I spoke of
Old May 4th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday everyone.

Rain, and more rain. And for tonight? More rain. My yard is one big mud pit. No thunder or lightning so the dogs just chilled today for the most part, and I got some pretty good sleep. Tonight is the last one and then four off.

Jamesbo I always wanted a 308, one like Magnum's. Then my neighbor told me he had one once, and as soon as he bought it it needed a tune up. The mechanic said, that will be 5 grand. Tony said, I'm not paying 5 grand for a tune up! The mechanic said, don't own a Ferrari. A TRossa is a far cry from a Blazer.

Scot how'd you do in Fitzgerald today? I know what you mean about using come alongs. I bought a winch for my trailer over 10 years ago, and it stills resides in its box. I keep saying I'm buying a new trailer and don't want to put it on. It cost me like 500 bucks. Hope they don't go bad.

Think I'll run out to get the mail while the rain has calmed. Ah, someday it will dry out.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:04 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Everything went well considering the rain. Thanks for asking Getting the darned car on the trailer @ 7 am in Wonderful Robins was a chore. We had to set and reset the come alongs several times along with the ratchet straps we used for a safety precaution. Some dodo parked a Hummer H2 right next to the car and the rest of the parking lot was empty Getting the car off, took more time unhooking the hold down straps than it took to push the car off the trailer when we arrived in Fitzgerald

As long as the winch is stored in a dry spot it should be fine.
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:15 PM

Mike, I jes goes thru spells. Don't worry it'll go away soon. Yeah, buy'in sum of dis stuff is de easy part.Den ya gotta look after it.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:15 PM

Wow Allan, I am surprised by your post.

I hope you follow your own advice and stay well and safe. We'll be here if you ever want to come back for a visit.
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:35 PM

Good evening everyone.

Yet another nice, warm, sunny day. We are midway through about a week and a half of sun and warm temperatures.

I finally took time to work on an Olds today. I've had 2 dash bulbs in the Delta burn out and finally had the time and weather to replace them. The annoying part is that the burnt out bulbs were LEDs

I also took the Mustang back to the dealership. The one I bought it from actually took it from the stock of another dealer about 100 miles away. Even though they never told me which, I now which they got it from... since I can read it on the driver's quarter panel Looks like they had their website on the quarter panel with decals. After washing the car this week, and in the nice bright sun, at the right angle I can read the website address. I should get a call back from my dealership next week.

Scot, don't you love that? Make a point of parking away from everyone, then find a car right next to you

Sandy, you didn't win anything? How could they do that Nice bird pictures too.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:10 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slantflat
Darrell too bad about the job. Perhaps they will keep all your info and when something else comes up you'll shoot right to the front.
Thanks. I can hope, it has been a very long and frustrating road. Opportunities don't come around very often so this is a big setback. Can't believe I have been out of work this long.

Allan - I hope and pray everything in your life gets better. It's been great talking to you here on this site, hope you'll be back soon.

Have a great night everyone.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:19 AM

mawn'in

De cow is still in de mountains Big time

I'm gonna make a little weather prediction ere. I'm guess'in as soon as dis wet/cool spring passes, it's gonna be hot as a 2 dollar pistol dis summer

Ere's and interest'in map dat shows how folks talk all over de place.

What c'all think?
http://aschmann.net/AmEng/#LargeMap

Blue, Allan we miss ya
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

It rained like a mother at the airport last night, but around 4ish it stopped, and it's not raining at home now. Whoever is in charge of the lake didn't open the drain valves and now my dock is completely under water and by the looks of it the water will be about even with the top of the wall before it starts to go down.

So Paul what are you expecting out of your dealer? Can they buff the paint out and blend it all in, or do you think it needs a repaint? They should know better than to put non-permanent decals on a dark colored car. I had a black S10 once that had "Heartbeat Of America" on the quarters. I scraped that off and could see the outline forever more anyway.

Jamesbo you should give in to one of your exigencies once in a while. It's fun.

Isn't Blue's name Allan? What's with that name? My middle name is Alan but I hope I don't bug out of here. At least Allan bid us adieu, Blue just vanished.

Okay since it's a crapola day I'm going to go to bed for a little while. More rain is coming so I guess it will be play inside for the next day or so. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:35 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Another nice, sunny day here.

Today I'll be working on the Cutlass. Hope to get the dash taken out, then we'll see how much sunlight it left when I'm done that. I'm seeing a theme for my car work this weekend.

Mike, I'm hoping they can just buff it out.

Last night, I ended up on the first page of the Good Moring thread, and decided to go through it. It looks like we are going to have to re-visit the "New Good Morning Thread Recovery plan" created by the Col.

Originally Posted by Col Wickham

Thank God Pat wasn't working in a US nuclear missile silo during the cold war. "$hit....I meant the yellow button...not the red one"
Might have been all over by now

This international incident has highlighted the need for a disaster recovery plan:

Jamesbo: Can you start a new Recipe Thread and repost the Gumbo and Potato Soup recipes please. The soup is a priority
Sandy: Are you OK with Work, Weather & Ornothology?
Ken: Forum Photos & sick jokes. Either order...they're interchangeable
Pat: Words of Wisdom, spam deletion and 455 rebuilds.
Blue: Add-lib, comedy relief and engine bay rejuvination
Adrian: Qld weather & flooding updates.
Gecko: Anything relevant from New Zealand (take your time...)
Wolfie: How to deal with the medical profession & win (how are you BTW?)
Me: What?? I'm busy....
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:46 AM

Well, it's my turn to have fridge problems, my dang refrigerator isn't keeping things cool, grabbed a beer to wash down the pizza last night and it was about 50*, the freezer seems to be fine as everything there is hard as a rock. I turned the thermostat down as low as it will go...but no change, damn Amana is only 3-4 years old!
Old May 5th, 2013, 07:54 AM

My advice is to buy a 1950's Fridge fer $50. Ya can't kill em. De more a fridge cost now a days de bigger POS de are
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Always room for one more

Well it actually was a nice afternoon. A guy I know called me around 2 this afternoon to help him out and it was sunny and warm. I went over to my neighbor's for dinner and it started raining, but before that the dock was just able to be seen above water. It will probably be totally submerged again in the morning.

Clint, or anyone, I need a backhoe. I'd just like to buy one so I don't have to keep giving it back. I used to use a Ford 4500 but I think that would be a bit big to use around the house, what would be a good machine to get that is fairly economical and compact? I need to do some digging close to the house, and also would use it to dig up tree stumps.

I think I'll hit the sack early tonight. Lots to do tomorrow, hope the rain is done. Summit tomorrow night maybe. Have a good night and I hope everyone's week starts out good.