The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2024 | 11:29 AM
Running On Empty

Peachtree Creek, ATL, GA achieved 23.7' today I think. Flood stage is 17'. Normal flow is 3'. So, yeah, that's some water. I think it's probably the 3rd highest recorded flood level for Peachtree Creek.
Old September 27th, 2024 | 12:05 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm when I started reading I thought you were saying you were being interviewed by a news person on a live stream report. Then you said all the people on there were weird. I thought that was odd you'd call yourself weird. Anyway I think I got the gist of it. You were watching a news feed, and the people making the comments were weird. I don't know how you lasted 15 minutes.
Mike - I can easily understand how you might have thought I was being interviewed by the way I wrote it up.

Regarding:

Then you said all the people on there were weird. I thought that was odd you'd call yourself weird.
It would not be odd for me to consider myself weird.

Old September 27th, 2024 | 01:14 PM

Kenneth you're awesome. Was it you telling me about some stuff that I could give Tiger to stop him from scratching? It's that time of year, and he needs some relief. I don't know what to give him.
Mike, my girl dog has allergies as well. She gets Cytopoint injections from the vet and we give her Apoquel while we're waiting for our bank account to recover from the previous injection so we can bring her for another one. I swear every time that dog goes to the vet it costs as much as a new set of tires for the car.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the fancy shampoo that I use on her weekly.

DOUXO shampoo

Last edited by Fun71; September 27th, 2024 at 01:18 PM.
Old September 27th, 2024 | 01:44 PM

It's a kludge.
Norm, I had to google this one, as it's not in my dictionary.
Old September 27th, 2024 | 02:01 PM
Running On Empty

Pronounced like double "oo" in pool & cool.
Old September 27th, 2024 | 02:13 PM

Just ordered the Fisher Body manual from Fusick's, so that should help in the seat belt exploration.
Old September 27th, 2024 | 02:39 PM
Always room for one more

We finished up around 90. Nobody cared. Tomorrow should be pretty interesting. I'm on the list now for being the guest lead. I'll start constructing my soap box.

Rain stopped and the sun came out for a little while. It's fairly cool with a nice breeze. That should be it for the rain for awhile.

Thanks Kenneth. Apoquel is what I was trying to think of. Is that a prescription? He needs something poor guy.

Early to bed. I slept better than I should have last night. I guess I wasn't too worried about the storm. None of my trees came down.

Old September 27th, 2024 | 03:17 PM

Thanks Kenneth. Apoquel is what I was trying to think of. Is that a prescription? He needs something poor guy.
Yes. I get it at Costo but I suspect most pharmacies these days carry animal medications. We use Costco because it's cheaper there.
Old September 27th, 2024 | 07:41 PM

On the way home from the beach. Sure beats the traffic on the east coast coming from the beach!!

Police boat in the lower right in the beginning.

Old September 28th, 2024 | 04:10 AM

Hey Norm. The water came within 2' from my front door. I had my Chevelle moved to a friends house the day before. Not sure how much more of this I can take year after year. Well, my friend got to drive a true muscle car, and can't stop smiling according to him. Hope you are ok and everybody else in it's path
Old September 28th, 2024 | 05:21 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got here at 4 sharp and things have been slow going. We were told we need 200 for the two day weekend, preferably 130 today and 70 tomorrow. I'm guessing 130 will elude us today and the remainder will be a struggle tomorrow.

Ray that's awful close. I don't know how anyone does it, living there with hurricanes blowing you away every year. I guess you just do it. I wouldn't stay unless I had a concrete bunker on top of a hill.

I'm gonna stop by the vet and see if they'll give me a prescription for that stuff without bringing Tiger in. I looked up hydrocortisone to see if I could put this stuff on him that I use, but every other thing I read was contradictory. It's okay, it's bad, it's okay, it's bad. Fifty percent isn't good enough.

So Awful house after work, then Mom and I are going shoe shopping. She has some weird feet and has a hard time finding shoes. This will take up the whole afternoon. I could use a new pair of work shoes.

Okay time for a snack. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old September 28th, 2024 | 06:09 AM

Chris, I hope Dawn is recovering nicely.
-- My brother in law, the one who had the very serious heart surgery that went terribly wrong 5 yrs ago, passed away last Sunday. In a way everything was a bonus since that botched surgery as it appeared he wouldn't survive that. So he had 5 more years of life but got cancer and they tried a experimental type of Chemo and I think his weakened heart couldn't take it. He passed at home. So last week was family time, setting up funeral, etc. Of course the silver lining of funerals is everyone gets together...
-- I'm leaving 10/2 for Pennsylvania with the F100 and trailer. Meeting a bunch of old Ford truck guys there for 4 days of camping and field trips, etc. Then on to meet some other friends at the big AACA Hershey swap meet. Then back home. Looking forward to it. Hope weather is good.
Old September 28th, 2024 | 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Chris, I hope Dawn is recovering nicely.
-- My brother in law, the one who had the very serious heart surgery that went terribly wrong 5 yrs ago, passed away last Sunday.
Greg - So sorry to hear about the passing of your BIL, my condolences to you and the rest of your family.

I appreciate your well wishes for Dawn. She is taking it easy and in no pain. She can assume regular activities already tomorrow.

I hope you have a great time on your trip with your Ford and trailer. Shoot us a couple pics during your trip if you have time. Safe travels!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; September 28th, 2024 at 08:22 AM.
Old September 28th, 2024 | 12:19 PM
Running On Empty

Ray - Two feet is worrisome. If that was the extent of it you came away unscathed. Good.
Mike - A "guest lead"? You're "invited" to be a lead?
Greg - Sounds like a pleasant road-trip. Have fun.
Glenn - Are there young bountiful naked Swedish women in the warm water listening to music w/ you?
John - Finish your newly stained/lacquered woodworking project?
Chris - Where is Jim? He's been AWOL for some time.
Keith - You smoking a blunt the size of a burrito?

Tee-time this morning was 0920. Two day tournament, individual stroke play, gross (no net). I think I'm in at 3rd in my flight. Tee-time tomorrow 0900.
Monday is a one-day tournament. Two-man teams, Texas Scramble. Tee-time 0930.

Old September 28th, 2024 | 02:31 PM

Hi Norm- good to hear you rode the storm out, the blunt the size of a burrito days have long past. Good day on the lynx, have fun tomorrow

Chris- it is nice to hear your bride is in close to full recover mode.

Greg- I bet you are excited to get on the trail, sounds like a neat adventure. Sorry for the loss in the family

Ray- Good to hear you made it through this ok

And Glen the water therapy sounds like a nice way to get some needed relief
Old September 28th, 2024 | 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Where is Jim? He's been AWOL for some time.
Norm - I noticed that, but always hate to intrude if someone may have personal issues going on. We'll see if he responds to this? If not, I'll PM him, and if that doesn't work you or Mike can call him and check on him..

If you're 3rd in your Flight you must have had a decent day, hit em straight tomorrow and good luck!
Old September 28th, 2024 | 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Chris- it is nice to hear your bride is in close to full recover mode.
Keith - Thanks, your support is very much appreciated!
Old September 28th, 2024 | 03:17 PM

Anyone looking for a Great Movie to watch... "Knox Goes Away"

Old September 28th, 2024 | 03:45 PM
Always room for one more

I texted back and forth with Jamesbo yesterday, so he's still vertical. I miss him participating here as well.

Norm that's just what I call the fill-in for when the lead isn't there. We signed 98 wheels today, and got out at about two minutes to 12. Two new leads were there so I'm sure they wanted to be correct.

Greg that's too bad about your brother in law. But you're right, you had 5 extra years with him.

Sonny's for dinner tonight, and it won't be too long before I hit the sack. Another early day, this one double time. Hard to turn that down.

Old September 28th, 2024 | 03:53 PM
Running On Empty

Anyone looking for a Great Movie to watch... "Knox Goes Away"
Keith - Looks like a good cast of actors. I love Michael Keaton (who also directs) & Al Pacino. Says it won't be on Netflix any time in the near or distant future. Since I ditched Netflix I'll need to look elsewhere. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old September 28th, 2024 | 03:56 PM
Running On Empty

Another early day, this one double time. Hard to turn that down.
Ya think?
Old September 28th, 2024 | 04:50 PM

I texted back and forth with Jamesbo yesterday, so he's still vertical. I miss him participating here as well.
Mike - Thanks for letting us know you've been in contact with Jim. I miss his wit and wisdom as well!
Old September 28th, 2024 | 04:55 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Mike - Thanks for letting us know you've been in contact with Jim. I miss his wit and wisdom as well!
Yes X2
Old September 28th, 2024 | 06:14 PM
Running On Empty

Jim's likely cruising the Ponderosa in his M38A1.
Old September 28th, 2024 | 06:21 PM

Jim's likely cruising the Ponderosa in his M38A1.
Old September 28th, 2024 | 06:33 PM

Then Jim lent his jeep to Mike....

Old September 28th, 2024 | 06:49 PM

Then Jim lent his jeep to Mike....

https://youtu.be/CWwtfiYYQKs
LMAO 🤣😂😆🤪
Old September 29th, 2024 | 02:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Man I just wasn't feeling it when the alarm went off at 2:10. We had gotten up around 1130 and my neck was so sore. Sleeping wrong I guess. When I got up at 2 it wasn't any better. Hot water in the shower seemed to help, well, until I got out of the shower. Then some Icy Hot, which made me think my neck was melting. I just took some Tylenol here at my desk, I hope that does something. I was going to stay home but it's tough turning down double time.

Love the video! I saw a video once of a guy in either a Deuce or an M37, you could only see his head above the water, and the snorkel. I don't think I'd have the ***** to do that.

Not many people came in today. Two robot guys, two wall guys, six mechanics. I don't know how many in back. I think 102 is gonna be a stretch.

Okay have a good Sunday everyone.

Old September 29th, 2024 | 03:32 AM

Peachtree Creek, ATL, GA achieved 23.7' today I think. Flood stage is 17'. Normal flow is 3'. So, yeah, that's some water. I think it's probably the 3rd highest recorded flood level for Peachtree Creek.
In still around just not typing much Norm Peachtree creek floods every time rains

My M 38 A 1 has the waterproo0f electrical system but not the fording snorkel's I cant really figure out how you know when your going to drive into a deep hole

Chris, When I got my shot in the shoulder the Dr said, It may last a day, a week a month a lifetime My 1st one lasted about 5 months.

Last edited by Jamesbo; September 29th, 2024 at 03:39 AM.
Old September 29th, 2024 | 03:58 AM

Good morning Jim

I noticed that fella had a bouy for a marker, he must have walked the course of travel and drove it a couple times before he had someone film it for the channel.
Take good care

Keith
Old September 29th, 2024 | 04:04 AM

Mike hope your stiff neck gets to feel'n better as the day goes
It does remind me of a story... A young boy goes to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa is sitting out on the porch with no pants on. Joey says "Grandpa get in the house and put some pants on" Grandpa says " I set out here yesterday without a shirt and got a stiff neck, this was mothers idea"
Old September 29th, 2024 | 04:53 AM
Running On Empty

Keith - I think I'll try that front porch stunt. I watched that video just prior to evaluating the jeep for Jim.
Jim - The Original Pancake House

Tee-time 0900. I'd best skedaddle.
Old September 29th, 2024 | 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Chris, When I got my shot in the shoulder the Dr said, It may last a day, a week a month a lifetime My 1st one lasted about 5 months.
Jim - Great to hear from you! I sure hope the Cortisone shot lasts that long, so far it's working like a miracle drug! I was even able to workout like the Doc said I could without pain. I start PT this week, we'll see how that goes???

Mike hope your stiff neck gets to feel'n better as the day goes
It does remind me of a story... A young boy goes to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa is sitting out on the porch with no pants on. Joey says "Grandpa get in the house and put some pants on" Grandpa says " I set out here yesterday without a shirt and got a stiff neck, this was mothers idea"
LMAO, nice one Keith, nice laugh to start my morning!
Old September 29th, 2024 | 08:33 AM

Good morning guys,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Not much chance of rain here today, but overcast and looking like it could. Could have went to a car show this morning at the VFW in Arnold about 11-miles north of me this morning, but decided to pass on it because I'd rather go to Gabe's hockey game this afternoon. So it's NFL football and Jr. Hockey on my agenda for today.

I love this time of year with the cooler temps and the start of Football season, but it means the car season will be winding down at the end of October. There's still quite a few nice events left on the schedule if the weather will cooperate. It has been a fun car season despite the major breakdown in the middle of it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old September 29th, 2024 | 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
My M 38 A 1 has the waterproo0f electrical system but not the fording snorkel's I cant really figure out how you know when your going to drive into a deep hole
You can’t. Reminded me of a camping trip in school at a buddy’s family ranch. Night time driving his Jeep on the logging roads after a flood. Water was up to the top of the tires then suddenly the headlights pointed down and water came over the hood. It was just a dip in the road and we almost climbed up the other side but the Jeep stalled. The air cleaner was full of water. We dumped the water and cranked until the water was flushed out and the engine fired. Not my Jeep and I didn’t want to walk miles in water at night back to camp so I wasn’t concerned about his engine.
Old September 29th, 2024 | 09:11 AM

Yesterday was 117 degrees.

Old September 29th, 2024 | 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Yesterday was 117 degrees.
Yikes, that's frickin nuts, just brutal!
Old September 29th, 2024 | 04:02 PM
Running On Empty

Enjoyable Championship tournament. Weather conditions were excellent. Feel like I've been ridden hard & put up wet after six rounds of golf the past eight days. Tomorrow's tournament tee-time 0930. I foresee numerous days of rest in the near future. Most of the roads I ride in the Appalachians have been washed away. One town (Chimney Rock) is basically removed from the map. Some people I know in Rutherdforton, NC lost there house; my ex-GF (Treasure Island, FL), husband & kids lost their home (Treasure Island, FL) & another friend (New Port Richey, FL) lost his home. Their homes were not blown away or swept away - they each had ~6' - 8' water intrusion. I had lots of friends/acquaintances in Hudson, New Port Richey, Gulf Port, Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, St. Pete's Beach, etc. I'm sure have been devastated. Yikes.
Old September 29th, 2024 | 05:23 PM

Norm - That's alot of golf in a short amount of time, but I'm glad you've been having fun at your tourney! Sorry to hear you've had so many friends suffer devastating losses from the hurricane.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; September 29th, 2024 at 05:41 PM.
Old September 29th, 2024 | 05:40 PM

Nice relaxing day today. Got to watch the Chiefs win again and remain undefeated at 4-0, despite having to play without some of their key offensive players. Got to watch Gabe's hockey team win in a blowout 6-0, he had a nice assist. He isn't dominating like he did last year, but he's moved up a skill level, plus he's in the lower half of the 2-year age bracket. He's developing well and hustles every second, of every shift, and it hasn't gone unnoticed because he's playing Winger on the starting line.

Headed into what's supposed to be a really nice stretch of 70's weather this week and dry. Hoping to get in 2 or 3 car events next Fri. - Sun. Should be a really nice week. Hope you all have a great one too!