The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Headed into what's supposed to be a really nice stretch of 70's weather this week and dry.
Appreciate what you have.
Old Today, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Appreciate what you have.
Believe me, I do! Doesn't get much better than this!

Old Today, 07:45 PM

Holy crap, your outdoor temperatures lower than my indoor AC setpoints.
Old Today, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Ray - Two feet is worrisome. If that was the extent of it you came away unscathed. Good.
Mike - A "guest lead"? You're "invited" to be a lead?
Greg - Sounds like a pleasant road-trip. Have fun.
Glenn - Are there young bountiful naked Swedish women in the warm water listening to music w/ you?
John - Finish your newly stained/lacquered woodworking project?
Chris - Where is Jim? He's been AWOL for some time.
Keith - You smoking a blunt the size of a burrito?

Tee-time this morning was 0920. Two day tournament, individual stroke play, gross (no net). I think I'm in at 3rd in my flight. Tee-time tomorrow 0900.
Monday is a one-day tournament. Two-man teams, Texas Scramble. Tee-time 0930.
Norm, yes, see 56438 post. The boards are done and stored for this winter's assembly. Had to clear out the garage stall so I got them done so they could be moved inside.

You can’t. Reminded me of a camping trip in school at a buddy’s family ranch. Night time driving his Jeep on the logging roads after a flood. Water was up to the top of the tires then suddenly the headlights pointed down and water came over the hood. It was just a dip in the road and we almost climbed up the other side but the Jeep stalled. The air cleaner was full of water. We dumped the water and cranked until the water was flushed out and the engine fired. Not my Jeep and I didn’t want to walk miles in water at night back to camp so I wasn’t concerned about his engine.
I have buried a CJ-7 that way with my father. We had to get pulled out, and they just pulled every plug it had and let it barf on the ground. Rules I learned:
Scout the water.
Put 4x4 on before you need it.
You can cheat sometimes by disconnecting the fan for the event.
Don't get your ride home stuck; have a woods vehicle.

Holy crap, your outdoor temperatures lower than my indoor AC setpoints.
I was lucky the couple times I was out there recently, I see.

Took the 72 H/O to friends' place and then rt 66 Car show in Springfield IL this weekend. Got rained on and blown around going up there. Car has a lot of smaller problems, but it is making a resonance at highway speeds. It's either powertrain or exhaust rubbing the body. The passenger side floorboard is quite hot. The driver's side floorboard under the mat was wet. I think my cowl on that side is plugged, or it blew in through the vent. Did not get much water in the trunk. Speedometer cable squeaks. Dash rattles. Something else rattles when braking. A third thing rattles at WFO. That resonance is new. The car has loud flowmasters. One tailpipe tip came loose and was hanging upside down when I got to their house. It came off in my hand. I put it back on once at the show, and forgot/thought I could drive to their place with it. It made it; upside down and barely on. It came home in the trunk. Oh, I have some small quarter panel rust bubbles too.

If I can fix the following this winter, I will be a happy man.

Replace steering wheel, get correct lock cylinders for all 6 locks and install, replace map light rearview mirror, get radio and 8 track serviced, swap in restored tach/clock, fix dash rattle, lube speedo cable, fix WOT rattle/noise, fix no kickdown detent function, replace LH vent with AC vent version, swap to better carb, fix reverse surging, fix whatever is resonating, fix tailpipe then buy a Gardner exhaust and hang it. Replace chrome piping on bucket seats, fix leaky back window, align hood. Then get the rust fixed and some paint touchup.

Starter behaved better, so that's good. Ugh. Glad to be home. Now to do it all again with my van.
Old Today, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
If I can fix the following this winter, I will be a happy man.

Replace steering wheel, get correct lock cylinders for all 6 locks and install, replace map light rearview mirror, get radio and 8 track serviced, swap in restored tach/clock, fix dash rattle, lube speedo cable, fix WOT rattle/noise, fix no kickdown detent function, replace LH vent with AC vent version, swap to better carb, fix reverse surging, fix whatever is resonating, fix tailpipe then buy a Gardner exhaust and hang it. Replace chrome piping on bucket seats, fix leaky back window, align hood. Then get the rust fixed and some paint touchup.

Starter behaved better, so that's good. Ugh. Glad to be home. Now to do it all again with my van.
John - Sounds like you'll have your hands full over the Winter. It's one thing when the problem is known, but another issue entirely when trying to chase down the cause of a weird noise. Remember when I had the weird noise in the rear of my car that came and went. I never did find a definitive cause. Then it quit for the longest time. Looking back, I'm thinking it may have been the start of that rear wheel bearing starting to go bad, but I'll never know?