The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2024, 01:16 AM
Always room for one more

Good early morning everyone.

The robot is all back together but no one has started operating it yet. So it remains to be seen what kind of a day it will be. For me anyway.

Chris that is it! I have to get a 67 and be in the club. I can't take it anymore! I see Dr. Dan has a new ad on marketplace. I thought he might have sold it but apparently not. I'm sure he doesn't want to hear from me again. He even references me in his new ad. "Get permission from your wife, your girlfriend, or your bank before you call." I was all ready to ante up, but he didn't want to jump through the hoops that my credit union was throwing out. Can't say that I blame him. But now I'll be looking at 67 Oldsmobile's instead of doing my work. Fine time for the robot to start working again.

Nothing planned for this afternoon. Might do some mowing. I'm not going to say this out loud, but I've really been enjoying it NOT raining for the past week or better. I haven't looked to see when it might rain again, never would suit me fine.

Okay time to do something. Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Old June 19th, 2024, 02:59 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - How'd the tourney shake out?
Bad day of golf
Old June 19th, 2024, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Bad day of golf
But . . . Better than a good day at work, right?
Old June 19th, 2024, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good early morning everyone.

Chris that is it! I have to get a 67 and be in the club. I can't take it anymore!
Mike - That's a given, everyone should own a '67, good luck!
Old June 19th, 2024, 08:14 AM
Running On Empty

But . . . Better than a good day at work, right?
Debatable...it was a really bad day of golf.

And, it may have just gotten worse.
Old June 19th, 2024, 08:29 AM

My is a project forever, lol.

Got email from HR manager that company is engaging an external investigator. So I acknowledged.

I've dealt with these women before, they just want to talk and take notes, and they're "independent" but I know who pays them. All correspondence will be by email on this, backed up, and carefully written over a long period of thought.
Old June 19th, 2024, 08:52 AM

Debatable...it was a really bad day of golf.

And, it may have just gotten worse.
What's up, did you get injured yesterday? Sure hope not! Or did you have another lackluster performance this morning? If that's the case, I know you'll turn it around. You know how to analyze your swing and correct it, and I'm confident you will!
Old June 19th, 2024, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
My is a project forever, lol.
John - Are you commenting about your '67 with this statement? I'm sure you'll be able to get to it one of these days. Way too cool a car not to restore in the long run!!!

Continuing to wish you the best of luck with the work situation!
Old June 19th, 2024, 09:14 AM
Always room for one more

You know Chris I think I say the same thing every time you mention the 67s, and I have yet to get one. This may be the straw. I've been looking all morning and there isn't a lot out there. If I find one in California, you want to go with me to retrieve it?

Just got back from lunch. Remember the Korean place I like going to and the Mom and son came back to run it? Mom left again last week, and the son is done this week. Even though it's turning into a taco place, I'll keep going because they will still have -most- of the regular menu along with the taco stuff. Now, if they mess with any of that then I won't go. Or if they stop cleaning like the last guy.

My robot has been churning along all morning, so it must be fixed. My wall guy is lagging a little, but that's because his compadre is working next to him and all they do is cut up. Eh, I don't care.

Old June 19th, 2024, 09:32 AM

You know Chris I think I say the same thing every time you mention the 67s, and I have yet to get one. This may be the straw. I've been looking all morning and there isn't a lot out there. If I find one in California, you want to go with me to retrieve it?
Ya know, I might just tag along if the timing was right, but it would be quite a bit out of your way to swing by here unless you just wanted a chance to see your brother? You know one thing I've noticed that is almost universally true is that any car coming out of California is going to be overpriced. Why, because if it lived it's whole life in SoCal the body is probably in good shape and the seller knows it, plus, it's California where the cost of everything is inflated. Just saying?
Old June 19th, 2024, 10:59 AM

I am grateful my 72 spent a lot of life out there. The body is excellent. It had and has a ton of auction make-it-work quick fixes on it that I am slowly remedying, but at least the body is nice.
Old June 19th, 2024, 11:40 AM
Running On Empty

What's up, did you get injured yesterday? Sure hope not! Or did you have another lackluster performance this morning? If that's the case, I know you'll turn it around. You know how to analyze your swing and correct it, and I'm confident you will!
The golfer I was paired w/ yesterday was obstinate, loud-mouthed & unruly. I don't really want to go on & on about this because these type people are plain rude know-it-alls & these types only make my blood boil. But, to make things worse, this person was in such a damn hurry to leave, he said he got everything from the golf cart & put it into my truck except my clubs which I had already placed in my truck. He opened the tailgate of my truck & just let it fall - BAM! I never said anything to this hemorrhoid but my nerves were tied in a bundle just watching his behavior. This morning it cost me 2.5 hours to retrieve my cell phone which the douche nozzle left in the golf cart yesterday when he was in such a damn hurry to leave. My day can only get better.

The hosting club was 1.5 hrs from my house.
Old June 19th, 2024, 11:51 AM

Norm - That certainly does not sound like an enjoyable day. I am glad you're not physically injured though. Better days ahead.
Old June 19th, 2024, 02:50 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Thanks for the concern - no physical injury. You're correct, it hasn't been a fun day - it's been an annoying day.
Old June 19th, 2024, 04:45 PM

I'm whooped! Did my lifting workout between 11 and 12:30, and then went out to mow. Lifted first because if I mowed first I knew I wouldn't want to lift. It was 93° when I went out to mow, 101° on the "Realfeel" meter taking the humidity into account. I normally wouldn't have mowed under those conditions, but it's only gonna get worse the rest of the week and it really needed it. Truthfully, I was a little nauseous when I got done, but I feel fine now. Probably won't push that limit again for awhile.
Old June 19th, 2024, 05:12 PM
Running On Empty

Not getting any better for us here. Heat Index of ~106°F Sat/Sun this weekend.

Water + Electrolytes
Old June 19th, 2024, 06:22 PM

A little cooler here today @ 88° for a high. Drove down by the big lake, and it was still 84°. Thinking about going to a car show at the Gilmore on Sat., but the high is suppossed to be 94°. The do have the Heritage center which has a/c.
Old June 20th, 2024, 02:52 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I'm at a whopping 12 wheels for overtime. Some guys stayed over and built I think 60 wheels, so we are ahead of the game. Except now there are no more wheels and we'll have to wait awhile until some come up. It was kind of nice to do work the whole time instead of just sitting around.

Chris we could take Rt 80 across and dip down to St. Louis. That would be a nice trip. You are correct, the California stuff is always more expensive, and there's the matter of the pesky California emissions. It cracks me up, the Price Is Right used to give away A NEW CAR! and when the announcer would read off the list of equipment, he'd say California emissions, like it was a feature.

Norm it's too bad you got stuck with the douche nozzle. If he was in such a GD hurry why did he even go in the first place? Maybe you should have given him a Diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper.

Yet another nice day, and hot but not ridiculous. Mom wants to make a grocery run in addition to the regular Sunday Walmart, so we might do that after work. Otherwise I'll mow. I took tomorrow off and I'm not working Saturday, I might feel like I was retired.

Okay almost time for the morning meeting, hope everyone has a good day.

Old June 20th, 2024, 05:19 AM

Lunch with a college chum. I see ropa Vieja in my near future
Old June 20th, 2024, 06:31 AM
Running On Empty

Jim - Cuban or Spanish restaurant?
Old June 20th, 2024, 06:37 AM
Running On Empty

Norm it's too bad you got stuck with the douche nozzle. If he was in such a GD hurry why did he even go in the first place? Maybe you should have given him a Diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper.
Mike - I'm not clear why some people behave the way they do. In general, I suspect people who constantly usurp others in their manner of talking/conversing never got enough attention or were always told to keep quiet as a child? Don't know but it's annoying.
Old June 20th, 2024, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
A little cooler here today @ 88° for a high. Drove down by the big lake, and it was still 84°. Thinking about going to a car show at the Gilmore on Sat., but the high is suppossed to be 94°. The do have the Heritage center which has a/c.
Dan - I hope you have a nice time at the Gilmore if you decide to go.

96° - 99° actual temps forecasted for today thru Tuesday here in St. Louis, with the Heat Index above 100° every day. There's suppossed to be a nice judged Charity Car Show just across the river in Columbia, Illinois on Sunday that I've been to before, but right now there's a pretty high chance of thunderstorms that morning. There's the regular monthly cruise-in at Raising Canes on Saturday afternoon/evening with essentially no threat of rain. Right now I'm thinking of going ahead and hitting the cruise-in on Saturday, and then making a last minute decision early Sunday morning whether to head to the judged show. In either case, I'll have the intense heat on my mind, and whether I really want to be out at all!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; June 20th, 2024 at 07:03 AM.
Old June 20th, 2024, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Lunch with a college chum. I see ropa Vieja in my near future
Jim - Really glad to hear you're feeling up to getting out and visiting with friends! 👍
Old June 20th, 2024, 08:25 AM
Always room for one more

We finished around 10 and now we sit. We'll be well set up for tomorrow, which I won't be here to participate in. In which I won't be here to participate.

Chris I found a car in Bunker Hill, IL. That isn't too far from you, do you know anything about Bunker Hill, IL?

I'm on page 39 of the original Good Morning Thread. Lots of different people whom I've never seen. Funny though, the same thing goes on there are some posts that are missing. People comment on posts that aren't there. I wonder if they've been flagged for some reason by the website. Ole' Pat would be proud. Everything is somewhere in cyberspace.

Enjoy lunch Jamesbo. I had to look up ropa viejo, sounds pretty good.

Think I'll walk down to the roll up door and make a phone call. It's actually kind of chilly in here. It will feel good to be outside in the sun.

Old June 20th, 2024, 08:53 AM

Chris I found a car in Bunker Hill, IL. That isn't too far from you, do you know anything about Bunker Hill, IL?
Mike - No, I really don't know anything about it, other than what I can see on Google Maps. Tiny little out of the way town, about 70-miles north of me.
Old June 20th, 2024, 01:08 PM

Well it’s getting on to summertime. Our overnight low temperatures are in the 90s now.

Old June 20th, 2024, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Well it’s getting on to summertime. Our overnight low temperatures are in the 90s now.
Those consistent +110° temps continue to amaze me, just brutal!
Old June 20th, 2024, 02:37 PM

Well, we've lost another great one, first Willie Mays this week, and now Donald Sutherland. Over 200 movies and TV appearances. What a great actor, I always loved the characters he portrayed.
Old June 20th, 2024, 03:13 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - I always enjoyed Donald Sutherland films - good actor.
Old June 20th, 2024, 05:38 PM

Made it back to Indiana. House is ok. Roundup did its job well, the stuff I want dead is dead.

Left the hotel at 730. Got back to house with lunch at 1215. Got on road to Indiana plant at 1pm. Got to my cage in west assembly at 1:45, had time to unpack my boxes that came in the mail, and prepare for this interview. Interviewed 3 to 4. Left at 4:35, put gas in car, dropped stuff at house, got to rental place at 5:30pm, turned in car, got a ride home from them. They'll come get me Monday morning for my last round trip this round back down there.

Taking tomorrow off, have guests coming tomorrow night. I am doing nothing tonight, too tired. I'll hit the grocery store in the AM, then mow, then clean house.

The Indiana west plant is at a dead halt. Big time airbag install problem. All Grand Highlanders and Lexus TX cars since last fall are recalled. Makes the little fire we had in Alabama no big deal yesterday.
Old June 20th, 2024, 06:18 PM

Those consistent +110° temps continue to amaze me, just brutal!
It’s not just the air temperature - the intense sun with no clouds or upper atmosphere moisture to block the solar radiation makes it very brutal, like standing in front of an open furnace.
Old June 20th, 2024, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
It’s not just the air temperature - the intense sun with no clouds or upper atmosphere moisture to block the solar radiation makes it very brutal, like standing in front of an open furnace.
I've been downtown Phoenix on multiple occasions when it's been over 110°, so I know what it feels like, and like a blast furnace is pretty much it. What I can't imagine is enduring it day after day after day, for months on end!
Old June 21st, 2024, 06:56 AM

My opening comment guys brought me some silver queen this morning and sum cukes

Last edited by Jamesbo; June 21st, 2024 at 07:11 AM.
Old June 21st, 2024, 07:29 AM

My opening comment guys brought me some silver queen this morning and sum cukes
Nothing any better than fresh garden veggies! My SIL grilled some great sweetcorn that we had on Father's Day, delicious. Great to hear from ya Jim!
Old June 21st, 2024, 07:48 AM
Running On Empty

Finished my two month follow-up appointment w/ eye surgeon. Good to go.

I'm a large fan of sweet corn on the cob - any variety - and, these days there are tons of varieties.

Old June 21st, 2024, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by vintage chief
finished my two month follow-up appointment w/ eye surgeon. Good to go.
👍
Old June 21st, 2024, 08:10 AM
Running On Empty

👍

Old June 21st, 2024, 09:08 AM

Chris, I'd be hard pressed to find any fresher than this. He picked it from hisgfarden before he brought his track hoe down to open the grave. When it's this fresh, I just wrap the whole thing corn cob, husk silk and all in damp papier towel and nuke it from 5 minutes When you remove the husk, the silk comes off with it and you're ready for breakfast
Old June 21st, 2024, 09:19 AM
Running On Empty

Depending on variety we'd often eat sweet corn raw - snap one off & gnaw it down.
Old June 21st, 2024, 10:20 AM

I just wrap the whole thing corn cob, husk silk and all in damp papier towel and nuke it from 5 minutes When you remove the husk, the silk comes off with it and you're ready for breakfast
Depending on variety we'd often eat sweet corn raw - snap one off & gnaw it down.
I've ate corn both ways, both work for me as long as it's flavorful sweetcorn!