The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2021, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone,
Chris I hope Max made it over the Rainbow Bridge without any drama. And I hope his people were right there with him. It's sad to witness/be a part of something like that but I think it's important, for everyone.
Mike - Thanks for caring, Max made it over the Rainbow Bridge this morning with his loving owner's by his side. We are all missing him already, but are thankful he's in a better place. Dogs treat people better than most people treat people, and I'm convinced there's a special place for them when they're gone!
Old August 24th, 2021, 04:14 AM

Anyone wanta help me move a sofa to the lake? Y'all don't all volunteer at once
Old August 24th, 2021, 04:23 AM

Hi Guys, hearing about Max the Dog has reminded me of our old Jack- loved him... Yesterday we got a call from the local animal shelter, they have a Blue Heeler male that is 1 year old. He was adopted out and returned, so this is round 2 for him. He wants to nip at the heels of kids and is high strung. That is what Heelers are all about, they're bred to nip the heels of cattle. Well today we are leaving for the US27tour and after that leave immediately for Maine. So we're not going to go look at the dog now. Maybe after we get back we'll see if he's still there. Boy I am mixed about getting another dog, the Heeler would probably be a bad fit for us anyway, we're not really that active.
Old August 24th, 2021, 05:00 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Anyone wanta help me move a sofa to the lake? Y'all don't all volunteer at once
I want to, but I can’t. The thought which counts.
Old August 24th, 2021, 05:02 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - Have an awesome time.
Old August 24th, 2021, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Well today we are leaving for the US27tour and after that leave immediately for Maine.
Greg - Hope all goes well on the US 27 Tour, and then you have a wonderful trip during your visit to Maine. Please post some pics for us if you have some down time. The Hot Rod Power Tour is stopping in St. Louis on Thursday at the Worldwide Technology Raceway up in East St. Louis, IL. It's about a 45-mile drive up and I may run up there just to see the cars.
Old August 24th, 2021, 05:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Slow day for us here in the wheel shop. New guys are doing the breakdown and it is s-l-o-w. Hey, everyone has to start at the beginning sometime. I'm not rushed today so I'm taking it easy.

Jamesbo I can help any weekend. Besides I need to get up there anyway, so choose a time. My weekends are free now for the foreseeable future.

Greg pick up the boy and take him with you. I'll see if I can persuade you in a minute. Have a great trip. I wish I could do things like that.

Norm is it possible for you to FedEx me a chocolate malted? What about a waterbed for your new mattress? I've enjoyed the hell out of mine for 42 years. Always the right amount of firmness and heated.

So looking through the birthday pictures I see blow up Mario. When I was at my sister's last weekend they were playing some video game where Mario is driving a super charged go cart through some bejeweled city. He would jump over something and a T tail would pop out of the back of his go cart and he'd fly around and then land and keep driving. The thing that stuck out the most for me? He didn't flare when he landed. The party looked like a lot of fun btw.

Okay break must be over, the washer is started up again. They didn't finish after I left yesterday and we are right on track for coming up short again today. Eh, it's the learning curve, nothing wrong with it.

Old August 24th, 2021, 05:46 AM
Always room for one more

Old August 24th, 2021, 05:55 AM

Good morning everyone.

So looking through the birthday pictures I see blow up Mario. When I was at my sister's last weekend they were playing some video game where Mario is driving a super charged go cart through some bejeweled city. He would jump over something and a T tail would pop out of the back of his go cart and he'd fly around and then land and keep driving. The thing that stuck out the most for me? He didn't flare when he landed. The party looked like a lot of fun btw.
Mike - Thanks for the comments on the b-day party. It amazes me Mario is still popular with children after all these years, but apparently he's still all the rage.
Old August 24th, 2021, 06:14 AM

Good morning guys,
It stormed here most of the evening yesterday, with lots of lightning and heavy rain, but at least the winds weren't too bad. Monty was upset as usual, but gets through it much better with the sedatives the vet gave us for him. It's supposed to be very hot (+96) and very humid here the next 3-days with a heat warning in effect.

Right now the weather is looking good for the 2 judged shows I want to enter my car in on Saturday and Sunday, cooler around 90, and low chance of rain. Too far out to be too optimistic yet.

No other big plans for the next few days. It's going to be too hot to plan any all day rides, but I might go out for an hour or two early one morning if I start getting too stir crazy around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old August 24th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - FedEX malted milkshake? Sounds messy.

Terribly hot/humid. Have one hole dug, one 6”x6” post leveled, plumbed attached & all 1/2 joints glued and fastened with hardware in one section.

Lunch time = Greek Gyro extra tzatziki sauce, crispy fries and large Pepsi.
Old August 24th, 2021, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Terribly hot/humid. Have one hole dug, one 6”x6” post leveled, plumbed attached & all 1/2 joints glued and fastened with hardware in one section.
Just blistering here too Norm, 97 degrees with heat index of 112, not fit for man nor beast. Be careful out in that kind of heat!
Old August 24th, 2021, 11:43 AM

Hey guys,
My wife just sold a unique piece today. I had never heard this nomenclature before, but apparently it is aptly named a "Gossip Bench", essentially a small chair attached to a small table where your old land-line phone would sit, with a small nook for your phone book and phone lists under the table top.

The humming bird and flower on the table top were hand painted by my wife after tracing the outlines from a piece of the fabric she used to cover the seat and the wrap around on the desk. I never knew she had that much artistic talent!

Old August 24th, 2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Hi Guys, hearing about Max the Dog has reminded me of our old Jack- loved him... Yesterday we got a call from the local animal shelter, they have a Blue Heeler male that is 1 year old. He was adopted out and returned, so this is round 2 for him. He wants to nip at the heels of kids and is high strung. That is what Heelers are all about, they're bred to nip the heels of cattle. Well today we are leaving for the US27tour and after that leave immediately for Maine. So we're not going to go look at the dog now. Maybe after we get back we'll see if he's still there. Boy I am mixed about getting another dog, the Heeler would probably be a bad fit for us anyway, we're not really that active.
Here's my little Blue Heeler. He was a stray on the reservation in eastern AZ, then ended up in a local rescue. He's our 6th Aussie since 1987. Got him to go with our Red Heeler. Yeah, we're Cattle Dog people.

Old August 24th, 2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Here's my little Blue Heeler. He was a stray on the reservation in eastern AZ, then ended up in a local rescue. He's our 6th Aussie since 1987. Got him to go with our Red Heeler. Yeah, we're Cattle Dog people.
Kenneth - Both gorgeous dogs! Thanks for rescuing them!
Old August 24th, 2021, 01:16 PM

Tanks gang for all the good thoughts

Went up and got the sofa moved in , did an LA turn around and came home. My main man was cutting grass so that's all the help I needed
Old August 24th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Always room for one more

So work was slow, and the bad lead reduced the number from 160 to 109. I don't know where he gets these numbers. Yes I do. We finished that up around 1. About 130 the guys in back started breaking down more wheels. The bad lead saw that we ended too early so he wanted another 10. His standard line when someone questions him about it, we have to support the airline. Well guess where those extra 10 wheels are right now. On the rail not being worked until tomorrow mid morning. That really helped things out.

Kenneth what nice looking dogs. I always say I'll get a different kind of dog when the time comes, but I always get a German Shepherd. I also say at that time I'm not getting another dog.

Norm the Gyro sounds wonderful. Wednesday is usually my go out for lunch day, maybe I'll take in the Greek place tomorrow. If "Gyro" wasn't capitalized, would it mean something that turned? What if "Greek" wasn't? Oh wait, maybe not.

Jamesbo glad you got your sofa moved. Are you sure it wasn't a Davenport? I still need to get up there. I've got months worth of stuff to do, so any time I can go up there it won't be interrupting me. Except some time soon I need to go look at a Valiant in Columbus GA.

Okay TV time. No overtime for me tomorrow so I'll stay up a little. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old August 24th, 2021, 04:27 PM

Good evening guys,
As I mentioned to Norm earlier today, miserably hot and humid here.

Spent 3-hours this morning doing one of my least favorite chores, trying to deconflict a bill from my wife's dentist. I swear, whoever does their books went to the Bernie Madoff School of Accounting. The bills come with no dates of service for the balance requested, no itemized list of services, and no account of what my insurance has already paid. As you might suspect, their accounting errors are NEVER in our favor. It literally takes me taking my hardcopy EOB's from my insurance into their office in person and explaining their errors to them to get an accurate balance owed! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've explained to my wife on multiple occasions what a PIA these people are and that they are blatantly incompetent, or worse, purposely trying to screw us, and she just shrugs, and tells me she really likes the dentist and the techs there. Whaddaya gonna do??? Sorry, just had to vent!

Not much else going on today other than taking that piece of furniture my wife sold to a neutral location for the buyer to pick it up, which went fine. Normally we let the buyer come to our home to pick up the piece and have it waiting for them in the garage when they come. But if my wife has any worries about the legitimacy of the buyer, she'll get them agree to a neutral location for pick-up. She always chooses Pevely City Hall, which is also the location of the Pevely Police Department, of course she doesn't disclose that to the potential buyer!

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Addition - Just read on another thread, Stone's drummer Charlie "Boom Boom" Watts has passed at 80. My favorite drummer, from my favorite band, what a bummer. The past week, first Tom T. Hall, then Don Everly, and now Charlie, what a pisser. I'm getting too damn old!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 24th, 2021 at 04:43 PM.
Old August 25th, 2021, 12:09 PM

Kinda quiet today
Old August 25th, 2021, 12:18 PM

I'm out here, just not doing much. Did my daily workout and changed the furnace filter, and that's it. Just trying to stay cool, it's brutally hot at 99 right now, and will probably reach 100 around 1500! Ugh!!!!
Old August 25th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another slow day. Day two of a slow day getting hijacked by the bad lead. The back had all their wheels broke down and headed toward the washer around 11. Ohhh that's too early. The bad lead wanted more wheels so they broke down about another 30, which of course took us right up to going home time. Now, I'm not against working, but if the man is such a stickler for a certain number of wheels, and we reach that point, don't come back and say oh I changed my mind let's do more. He doesn't care that he has no integrity, or that no one respects him, or that everyone dislikes him, he's just out for himself. And my lead is weak and won't stand up for us.

Sunny and hot here. Went over to the new house to check on the carpet. It's been two days and it's dry. House still smells like old pee. Maybe painting will help that. I wanted to get my hair cut today but they were closed before I could get there.

Okay time to eat. I think it's going to be pepper steak tonight.

Old August 25th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Running On Empty

Root Beer Float. Stop by. I'll make one for everyone - Holy $hitin Snot Rockets. I'll bet I lost 10 lbs in sweat today.

Old August 25th, 2021, 03:16 PM

Root Beer Float. Stop by. I'll make one for everyone - Holy $hitin Snot Rockets. I'll bet I lost 10 lbs in sweat today.
Boy that sure looks tasty!
Old August 25th, 2021, 03:29 PM
Running On Empty

Old August 26th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Running On Empty

Terribly hot & humid - revolting actually. About to achieve a major milestone. I've finished setting (concrete) forms for each of the three posts. With any luck, I'll be able to pour concrete this afternoon.
Root beer floats are my top priority at the moment. These things are delicious on such hot sultry days as these.
Old August 26th, 2021, 11:14 AM

Terribly hot & humid - revolting actually. About to achieve a major milestone. I've finished setting (concrete) forms for each of the three posts. With any luck, I'll be able to pour concrete this afternoon.
Root beer floats are my top priority at the moment. These things are delicious on such hot sultry days as these.
Norm - Ditto here on the heat, 97 on my outdoor thermometer in the shade. Congratulations on being able to pour the concrete for the posts. Those root beer floats sure sound good. Goofy me, I bought vanilla ice cream at the store 2 nights ago and didn't think to get a 2 litre of root beer to make some floats. May have to run up there later, we have a Dollar General only a mile away.
Old August 26th, 2021, 02:06 PM

Hi guys,
Again, a slow day around here because it's so damn hot! My wife did sell another couple pieces of furniture, a child's size desk and chair, which was nice. They have already been picked up.

When I bought my car in 2019, I had asked the previous owner about the cam timing card for the cam that went into the rebuild of my motor, and he could not find it. I suspect he never got it back from the shop that did the work. The cam is manufactured by Engle, which is a reputable brand, but was sold under the Mondello brand, in Pasa Robles, CA. Yes, the infamous "Bad Mondello". Well, I had contacted Mondello by email and phone a number of times, and had provided proof via a copy of the receipt that my car had the cam in question. I kept getting promises they would send me a digital copy of the timing card but it never happened, and I finally gave up. Two days ago I posted an inquiry under the "Engine/Big Block" forum to ask if anyone else had installed the same cam and if so, would they please send me a photo of the timing card. I bet it didn't take 4-hours when a member, nicks1966, sent me a photo of the timing card! Just a prime example of the knowledge and kindness of members on this site. I love it!

Right now the weather is looking good for the car show on Saturday, but iffy for the one on Sunday. I will have the car all set to go and it will probably be a "morning of" decision for each on whether I go.

Hope everyone has had a great day and that you have a relaxing evening.
Old August 26th, 2021, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
The cam is manufactured by Engle, which is a reputable brand, but was sold under the Mondello brand, in Pasa Robles, CA. Yes, the infamous "Bad Mondello".
FYI, those Engle / Mondello cams predate the current operator of the aforementioned business, so he had no input on them, he's just the current vendor.
Old August 26th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Running On Empty

Posts are in concrete. Completely finished working with lime. That's right bitches...

Old August 26th, 2021, 03:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Finished up work around 130 this afternoon but I stuck around helping out plant maintenance. The tire shop in CVG closed and we got one of their eddy current machines. This machine was not acting right, it was their backup machine, then shipped here, then sat. Quite a few teething problems and I was helping to try to sort it all out. The head of the NDT department is going to have a look at it tomorrow and we'll get it going all right.

Hot today and sunny. No rain like was predicted. Guess what I did after work.

Norm if you'd put a root beer float in with the chocolate malted, I think they would keep each other from spilling. Maybe use some shrimp as packing.

Finally Friday tomorrow. Man this has been a long week. And I'm working Saturday, what's wrong with me? No Sunday. I don't think anyone has pitched it.

Okay have a good evening everyone.

Old August 26th, 2021, 03:30 PM

FYI, those Engle / Mondello cams predate the current operator of the aforementioned business, so he had no input on them, he's just the current vendor.
Kenneth - I understand and agree with your point. I did not mean to imply that the current Mondello owner of the Pasa Robles "Mondello" shop, had any responsibility or input into the quality, materials, or workmanship of the Engle cams. I have not had any issues with the one in my car, and I love the way my car runs. I only wanted to get my hands on the timing card info for my own personal reference should I need it in the future.

I did specifically want to convey the owner and staff of the Mondello shop in Pasa Robles, seemed completely uninterested in supporting the owner of a car that is running an Engle cam they had sold. Especially since they are still selling the same cam, JM-20-22.
Old August 26th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Running On Empty

Norm if you'd put a root beer float in with the chocolate malted, I think they would keep each other from spilling. Maybe use some shrimp as packing.
Shrimp packing could work.
Old August 26th, 2021, 04:00 PM

the owner and staff of the Mondello shop in Pasa Robles, seemed completely uninterested in supporting the owner of a car that is running an Engle cam they had sold. Especially since they are still selling the same cam, JM-20-22.
That right there says a lot about the business. I don't need to comment further.
Old August 26th, 2021, 04:08 PM

That right there says a lot about the business. I don't need to comment further.
Right on!
Old August 27th, 2021, 03:36 AM
Running On Empty

Word of the day: Ettringite

That's right bitches!
Tee-time @ 8:30am
Old August 27th, 2021, 04:36 AM

Almost all businesses don't care about supporting previous customers who are not immediately buying more. The trick is to hide that sentiment. The businesses that don't, don't realize the internet exists and that we talk about them. For instance, Just Dashes does a great job, but are terribly expensive and will literally hang up on you if you don't commit to buying that second. I don't know if it's a California thing, but that state seems to specialize in attitudes that would get you arsoned and tarred, feathered, and ran out of town on a rail in the South were you to run a business like that down there.
Old August 27th, 2021, 04:57 AM

Word of the day: Ettringite

That's right bitches!
Tee-time @ 8:30am
Norm - Glad you got all the concrete poured and it set-up correctly! Good luck on the links!
Old August 27th, 2021, 05:54 AM

Norm - Glad you got all the concrete poured and it set-up correctly! Good luck on the links!
'
Chris, Are you sure they are "Links"
Old August 27th, 2021, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
'
Chris, Are you sure they are "Links"
??? Yes, I think so? "Links", a noun, synonymous with golf course. I feel like I'm missing a joke here?
Old August 27th, 2021, 06:57 AM

??? Yes, I think so? "Links", a noun, synonymous with golf course. I feel like I'm missing a joke here?
Gong

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Links_(golf)