The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2023, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Can you not R and R the bearing assemblies yourself? You have nothing to lose monetarily if you can’t get the bearings out.
I tried to go that route on the 1st one I owned and screwed up the axle housing/tube trying to get them out. The only saving grace was I had not bought the parts yet, so like you said, I was not out anything. There must be a trick or some special puller tool to get them out???
Old November 30th, 2023, 05:13 PM
Running On Empty

Can you not R and R the bearing assemblies yourself? You have nothing to lose monetarily if you can’t get the bearings out.
I was thinking along the same lines.

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
I tried to go that route on the 1st one I owned and screwed up the axle housing/tube trying to get them out. The only saving grace was I had not bought the parts yet, so like you said, I was not out anything. There must be a trick or some special puller tool to get them out???
Are they pressed on? Kinda/Sorta moot at this point I guess since you have a new one on the way.
Old November 30th, 2023, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I was thinking along the same lines.

Are they pressed on? Kinda/Sorta moot at this point I guess since you have a new one on the way.
Yes, now I think they are pressed in and that is why I couldn't get them out. I was thinking maybe the bearings themselves aren't even replaceable, and the whole axle rotating assembly has to be replaced as a unit and that is why the quoted service to fix it was so high. Just guessing really at this point. Like you said, kinda moot at this point with a new one on the way.
Old December 1st, 2023, 03:23 AM

HEADING Norte Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old December 1st, 2023, 04:43 AM

Mike, the Mackinaw Island doesn't have a bridge to it. (Mackinaw or Mackinac- they use both names up there- don't know why) Anyway the island is off to the northeast of Mackinaw City which is at the north tip of lower peninsula. The bridge goes across the Mackinaw straits from Mackinaw City to St. Ignace- the lower tip of the upper peninsula. It's really cool up there makes me wanna go up there and see it, talking about it. Oh yeah the actually make a ice trail over to the island in the winter for snowmobiles! They mark the trail with used natural Christmas trees, so they just fall in when it melts in spring. I would like to do that one time!
Old December 1st, 2023, 06:01 AM
Running On Empty

As Greg said. There are only two ways to get to the island (outside of a winter snowmobile trail when the lake freezes over): (1) Ferry or (2) Plane - they have a small airstrip on the Island.

Old December 1st, 2023, 02:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Seems to be a little warmer today, probably because of the rain we got this morning. I hope that's it for the weekend but I have a feeling it isn't.

Long day at work. We seemed to lag all day but finished up at the last minute. I'm going in for overtime tomorrow, hope everything goes smooth.

Got nothing else. Had the rest of the store lasagna for supper. Still good. Gotta get up at 2 in the morning to be there by 4, so I might forego the last MASH or two. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old December 1st, 2023, 03:10 PM

Well it finally rained again. We got soaked - a whole 0.12" accumulated in my area.
Oh well, any amount of water falling from the sky is better than no water falling from the sky.
Old December 1st, 2023, 07:03 PM

Well it finally rained again. We got soaked - a whole 0.12" accumulated in my area.
Oh well, any amount of water falling from the sky is better than no water falling from the sky.
Kenneth do not take this wrong not meant to offend you but I could not help to think of this Kinison skit when I read the post , thought you may get a chuckle too...

Old December 2nd, 2023, 05:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good start at 4 this morning, but one of the robots was broke. It's going now, so I hope we have a good morning. My lead is the lead in charge so we are staying till the end. I don't care, I would stay anyway. Someone came up with this rule that we only get overtime for the amount of time we're here. So if we finish at 8 and go home we only get 4 OT instead of 8. That's bullshit. So we all stay until noon regardless so we get our full 8. He's the only one that keeps to that. One good thing is he always buys breakfast for us.

This afternoon Mom wants to put up Christmas stuff. I haven't put up a tree in years. My first shepherd Max would pee on it. My boy and girl would grab things off it and chew them up. Tiger is non-plussed. Mom had a tree up at her house and when we'd visit Tiger would give it a cursory look and just walk away. My feeling was, why put up a Christmas tree when you don't have anything to put under it.

I thought Sam Kinison was about the funniest guy going. He'd have made a great cartoon. I have a couple of his albums, which I can't play because I don't have a record player. I think I have cassettes of those albums as well. I have cassette players in a couple cars but none that I currently drive. I have a car with an 8 track.

So I'm on page 181 of TNGMT and it's making me a little sad. I read a couple pages at a time and I feel this closeness with the people participating, and then I think that none of them (save for Jamesbo and Dan) are here anymore. I remember some of this stuff and sometimes when I don't remember what we're talking about, I'll think gee I wish I could respond like this. Then I read what I responded back then and it's exactly what I want to say.

Okay a walk to the roll up door is in order. I've been sitting too long. No one is working and I can't tell why. But I don't have any wheels so here I go. Have a good weekend everyone.

Old December 2nd, 2023, 07:10 AM

Good morning guys,

Mike - I'm sure you'll help your Mom put up some Christmas decorations knowing she'll get some joy out of it, and that's good on you!

Overcast this morning but I don't think we're supposed to get rain. Wife is going to her oldest daughter's house this afternoon to watch the grandaughters while her daughter does family Christmas photo shoots. My wife's daughter is a pretty good photographer and has started a side hustle doing family/weddings/special occasion photo shoots.

Not much on tap for me today other than normal routine and watching College Football. For those that don't follow it, today is when most the major Conferences hold their Conference Championship games. The two big ones are Georgia vs Alabama this afternoon, and Michigan vs Iowa this evening, I plan on watching both.

Hope ya'll have a great day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; December 2nd, 2023 at 07:17 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2023, 07:38 AM

Sole meuniere
Old December 2nd, 2023, 07:43 AM
Running On Empty

Looks tasty, Jim.
Old December 2nd, 2023, 07:46 AM

Looks tasty, Jim.
x2!
Old December 2nd, 2023, 02:50 PM

Chicken voaille + SEC game
Old December 2nd, 2023, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chicken voaille + SEC game
Looks delicious Jim! Roll Tide 🐘 !!!
Old December 2nd, 2023, 02:55 PM
Always room for one more

Left work at a quarter to 12. Went to the Awful house and sat with a friend of mine for a couple hours. Hadn't done that in a while. Then went and dug out all the Christmas stuff. I'm sure I've mentioned the dog room in the past. My girl and boy were deathly afraid of storms and would tear up the house when I wasn't home. So I would put them in one of the spare bedrooms and they shredded everything. Carpet, drywall, window trim, the door, and the place is a wreck. Tiger never needed such a corral so the room became a catch all and most of Mom's stuff that she doesn't want to mess with but doesn't want to get rid of is in there. Got out what Mom wanted and now she can decorate at her leisure.

I may putter around with some of my stuff that's still over here for a little while. At 9 every Saturday we watch this Irish singer guy Daniel O'Donnell. Mom just loves this guy. I think he's a bit of a goof but she appreciates me watching it with her. I usually dose off. It will be nice to stay up past 8oclock for a change. Only get to do that once this week.

Old December 2nd, 2023, 03:20 PM

Chris I assume you are watching the game.Have you noticed there is a Alabama player who mouth piece is always dangling
Old December 2nd, 2023, 03:33 PM

Chris I assume you are watching the game.Have you noticed there is a Alabama player who mouth piece is always dangling
Yes, I am watching the game. No I have not noticed that. NCAA football players are required to wear a mouthguard. However, they are allowed some number of warnings without being assessed a penalty, but I'm not sure what that number is.
Old December 2nd, 2023, 03:45 PM

Chris watch # 3 for alabama defense
Old December 2nd, 2023, 03:58 PM

Chris watch # 3 for alabama defense
Gotcha, I'll look for him. Hoping Alabama can answer on the upcoming possession. It's a wide open game now!
Old December 2nd, 2023, 04:09 PM

Well, I got my wish, what a drive!
Old December 2nd, 2023, 04:35 PM

Great game
Old December 2nd, 2023, 04:40 PM

Great game
Yep, it sure was!
Old December 3rd, 2023, 10:49 AM
Running On Empty

Lazy day. DVD day. 1st up = Diamonds Are Forever
Old December 3rd, 2023, 11:28 AM

Jim! Roll Tide 🐘 !!!
That may be the last time I hear that from you ( given the playoffs)
Old December 3rd, 2023, 12:48 PM

That may be the last time I hear that from you ( given the playoffs)
You're damn right it will be the last time! One of my very best friends lives in Huntsville and we've been waiting for this match-up for years and it's finally gonna happen. Ought to be a helluva game.
Go Blue all the way!

Old December 3rd, 2023, 03:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Overcast all day but fairly warm. Gonna be nice all week.

I need to get my big air compressor fixed. I'm not versed in air compressor anatomy, but it seems to be leaking between the big part with the fins and the flat part that sits on, on top of the tank. I've been hooking up my little compressor to the air system but that's a pain, plus I have to have this long *** extension cord on it and the cord gets pretty hot when the compressor runs. Right now the compressor is at Mom's and it sure is a pain hiking it back and forth.

Back to work already tomorrow. We're having food brought in Tuesday. Don't know who is bringing it or what we're having. I'm sure it will be good.

Okay time for MASH. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old December 4th, 2023, 03:42 AM

Chris The guy I'm the most impressed with his Reichard 534 points is amazing. The lad can kick a football
Old December 4th, 2023, 04:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Slow start to the morning. And we have mostly big wheels today. So we won't finish. I don't care, I'm leaving early to take Mom to the doctor.

Jamesbo once upon a time I was sick and you said to eat local honey. I see where someone is selling a 3lb jar of honey for 40 bucks. For that I'll stay sick. Holy Toledo.

Cold this morning. I have those curly florescent bulbs in my porch lights. I turn them on just long enough to put the key in the deadbolt. What's funny is they are dim as can be when I first turn them on, but get brighter as they warm up. I'm guessing they aren't really outdoor bulbs. That's okay, the guy across the street has LED bulbs in his porch lights(about 6 of them) and they light up the place like it's daytime. Probably made it real easy for his Ring doorbell to see me in my drawers when I'd take Tiger out front.

Not much for this Monday. Hope everyone has a good day!

Old December 4th, 2023, 06:19 AM

Mike YA need to shop for some in the hills Ya can find it right net to the apples imported from China
Old December 4th, 2023, 07:07 AM

Chris The guy I'm the most impressed with his Reichard 534 points is amazing. The lad can kick a football
Yes he's money, I'd definitely want him on my team. Michigan's kicker, Jake Moody, is a great one too.
Old December 4th, 2023, 01:41 PM

Michigan's kicker, Jake Moody,
He plays for the 49er's now. Mike, the compact flourescent bulbs do that, start low and then brighten up. I have one in my kitchen, pretty much everything else is l.e.d.
Old December 4th, 2023, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
He plays for the 49er's now. Mike, the compact flourescent bulbs do that, start low and then brighten up. I have one in my kitchen, pretty much everything else is l.e.d.
Duh, I really blew that one!!! 😂 🤣😂
Old December 4th, 2023, 03:12 PM
Running On Empty

Duh, I really blew that one!!! 😂 🤣😂
Pretty much...
Old December 4th, 2023, 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=slantflat;1539184]Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo once upon a time I was sick and you said to eat local honey. I see where someone is selling a 3lb jar of honey for 40 bucks. For that I'll stay sick. Holy Toledo

Mike the honey is a great deal at that price. Enjoy it.
Thats a lot of lil'ffellers working busy as bee's 3 Lb's is substantial
Go for it you are worth it
Old December 4th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Running On Empty

While working at that NPWRC (Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center), James, ND I met a gal whose Dad raised honey bees on their farm. Evidently it was a banner year. She offered me 16 pounds of fresh honey for free. I made three cases of Cyser I fermented w/ a Champagne yeast. Delicious.
Old December 4th, 2023, 04:02 PM

While working at that NPWRC (Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center), James, ND I met a gal whose Dad raised honey bees on their farm. Evidently it was a banner year. She offered me 16 pounds of fresh honey for free. I made three cases of Cyser I fermented w/ a Champagne yeast. Delicious.
I did a quick search ... did not know "Cyser" always heard it as cider.....

Fall Cyser Recipe

1 - Gallon of Apple Juice/Sweet Cider
3 - Pounds of Honey (I’d say start with Clover or Wildflower)
1 - Package of Chosen Yeast (I’d recommend D47)
Start off by cleaning and sanitizing everything that you will need. There won’t be much, it may not hurt to have two one-gallon jars (one for now, one for aging later), an air lock assembly, a funnel might be helpful, and it wouldn’t hurt to have a mixing wand. While I don’t like heating my honey for mead making I do tend to put the sealed container in bucket of warm water to help it flow a bit easier.
Once everything is clean and sanitized, you will want to pour about half of the juice into your fermentation vessel. Next add in the honey. Once you have done this, it’s a great time to seal up the container and shake it or use your mixing wand.
Then top off with however much more juice will fill your vessel. Remember you will want to leave some head space between the top of the liquid and the air lock. Activate your yeast selection as directed on the package. Take your original gravity reading (Should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.100+). Write down that reading, and put on your air lock.
Find a cool dark closet, bathroom, or back of the pantry. If you are using staggered nutrient addition remember to do that, if you don’t know what it is, we will cover in the future, or you can brush up here. Check back after a few weeks to see how your fermentation is going.
When the fermentation has finished up, move it to a new clean and sanitized jar for aging. You’ll lose a bit of liquid at the bottom along with the lees (sediment). Take a taste at this point. It will most likely taste hot, kinda like jet fuel, or 80 proof liquor.
Now is the time for patience. You can drink it all right away, but with that hot taste you might not want to. Let it age, remembering it is there. Try it again every few months. Whenever you feel that it has hit that sweet spot, bottle it up and share it with your friends. Or you know, hide it just for your own use.

Old December 5th, 2023, 03:12 AM

Old December 5th, 2023, 03:12 AM

Mike, I know that feeling about reading old posts. I find a older thread on CO. Start to look at it and think "I can't believe I missed this interesting thread" . After reading thru it some more I find my response saying just what I was thinking- Geez- Alzheimer's is kickin' in!!