The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2023, 11:53 AM

Chris As long as I can remember I've ha a dog or 2
Old November 20th, 2023, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris As long as I can remember I've ha a dog or 2
Whew, I was afraid your Dad might have given away your only pet at that time.
Old November 20th, 2023, 01:12 PM

I never thought a dog could have that much hair, it came out by the bushels!
Yep, every spring. I had two huskies over the years, you don't think that they'll ever get rid of their winter coat. The first one I had lived 15 years, the second, who I adopted at three years old, only made it ten years (cancer). If I had a much, much bigger yard, I would consider a Malamute.
Old November 20th, 2023, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Yep, every spring. I had two huskies over the years, you don't think that they'll ever get rid of their winter coat. The first one I had lived 15 years, the second, who I adopted at three years old, only made it ten years (cancer). If I had a much, much bigger yard, I would consider a Malamute.
I think Huskies are beautiful dogs. I had 2 different friends who each had a pair of them. They seemed like great family dogs, but they were much more active than Malamutes and tended to bark quite a bit. I don't know if your's were like that, all dogs are different. Our 2 Bulldogs are very different, our Male is very active, athletic, and wants to play all the time, but our female wants to be a couch potatoe, and is not very athletic or active at all.
Old November 20th, 2023, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Whew, I was afraid your Dad might have given away your only pet at that time.
No dad loved dogs also, He was just at a stage in his life [young married kids] where he didn't need the extra hassle of a wild dog. Actually I was really too young for that much dog so the burden was shifted to dad who at he time didn't need any extra responsibilities. I was telling the super model this morning this story and the oddest thing was Husky's mom [Paleface] and brothers were very docile. They lived across the street from my aunt and WAY before the days of electric fences, they laid in the front yard and watch cars go by without ever barking

Last edited by Jamesbo; November 20th, 2023 at 03:07 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 03:18 PM

I don't have a dog. Closest is my mother has a beagle. 4 years old, not slowing down, loves food and smelling everything. Barks at wildlife and anyone brazen enough to walk onto what she regards as HER cul-de-sac. Very friendly, not too bright.
Old November 20th, 2023, 03:39 PM

john Its a shame Beagles don't come solo, they need at least 4/5 to be happy rabbit hunting howling pack

Last edited by Jamesbo; November 20th, 2023 at 03:42 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:17 PM

Hi guys,
Well, today is a day that I do not get excited in the least about anymore. 64 is the magic number today. My youngest daughter and her husband took us out to dinner last night at Texas Roadhouse, and I had their large 16oz slab of Prime Rib, just delicious! My oldest daughter seems to be incommunicado??? I would not doubt in the least she has forgotten it's my b-day, and I am not calling to remind her. Both her and her husband seem very distracted since the 3rd little one came along. With 3 under the age of 5, they're excused with being distracted.

We got Chinese for dinner tonight. I had their boneless ribs and pork fried rice. The place we get Chinese takeout from isn't cheap, but it consistently has the best I've ever had.

I know I've recently posted a few of my wife's furniture pieces, but thought I'd post this because it's a pretty interesting piece that she just finished today. This used to be a large entertainment center for the old box type TVs. My wife got it for free. She cut the right 2/3 of the top and the right side off it. She left where the TV and/or stereo components would go on the left side, to now be used as a curio cabinet, and the right side is now a bench seat. It is now designed to sit in an entry hallway, and the open areas under the bench and curio can hold shoes.

My Chiefs (7-2) play the Eagles (8-1) tonight and the game may very well be a preview of the Super Bowl. It ought to be a dandy.

Hope ya'll had a great.day!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; November 20th, 2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:30 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - Enjoy your next trip around the Sun.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:33 PM
Running On Empty

More ditch clearing (again) today. I made double buttered homemade succotash today. Dinner was a large salad, succotash & homemade mashed potatoes.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:39 PM

Happy returns, Chris. I get to be 44 tomorrow. Not excited in the least. Nice food. I am going to grill some backstrap before it rains.

Jim, that beagle is on pitch, but someone turned the volume down.

I have a sump pump that is old. I have a new one, but Zoeller's rep told me I need a 3/16ths weep hole in the pipe before the check valve, near the top of the pump. Big drill would not fit. Battery drill would barely fit. In the pipe it went, now I have a hole there. We will see if it helps the pump go immediately on first bang. If not, it's time for the new one anyway.
Old November 20th, 2023, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
john Its a shame Beagles don't come solo, they need at least 4/5 to be happy rabbit hunting howling packhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjec0JWEXU
Jim - In addition to the family pets/indoor dogs, my Dad always had a couple of beagles we rabbit hunted under. They were not allowed in the house, but were very well cared for with an extremely well insulated and windproofed house, with a heat lamp if it got too chilly. My Dad was great at training them. It was incredibly fun to watch them run! Nothing any more.fun than that, except maybe watching really good bird dogs work. That was my Brother's specialty, raising German Shorhairs, two of which were National Field Trials Champions. I hunted with my Brother under his dogs many times and they were simply incredible.

Dad and my Brother with his dogs.

Old November 20th, 2023, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Enjoy your next trip around the Sun.
Norm - Thanks, I will! Every day I get up on the right side of the grass is a blessing.

Originally Posted by Koda
Happy returns, Chris. I get to be 44 tomorrow. Not excited in the least. Nice food. I am going to grill some backstrap before it rains.
Thanks for the b-day wishes. Wow, our b-days are only one day apart. Happy early b-day, I hope you have a nice day tomorrow. You make me envious every time I hear you're grilling backstrap! Oh to be only 44 again!
Old November 20th, 2023, 05:14 PM

Chris happy birthday
Old November 20th, 2023, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
Chris happy birthday
Thanks Keith, much appreciated!
Old November 20th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Birthday to both Chris and John. Birthdays aren't a big deal for me these days, but some good company is appreciated.

Got all the painting done in the kitchen, then I went out and blowed off the roof of the garage. It got too dark to move on to the house so that will have to wait for another day. The garage is the biggest job, so I'm glad that's done.

Tomorrow my neighbor the hot rodder is going to help me move the convertible over to my house. I'm not yet sure where I'm going to put it, but as long as it's off the driveway at Mom's I'll be happy. I'd love to get the Jeep moved as well, but that's hoping for too much.

Old November 20th, 2023, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Happy Birthday to both Chris and John. Birthdays aren't a big deal for me these days, but some good company is appreciated.
Thanks Mike! Sounds like you had a very productive day. Hope tomorrow goes just as well for you.
Old November 20th, 2023, 07:16 PM

Aforementioned dinner.

So, now it is raining, and I tested the new sump pump weep hole, which, of course, it sprays out of when running, then cuts itself off. I think the hole is too high and at an upward angle. Now that I know what it wants, I am going to go get some pipe and a coupler, and make a new sump pump / checkball assembly and install it with the pump and checkball I have extra. I'll then rework this one once it is out of the hole as a spare. My plan is two new sump pumps in place, two spare plumbing armatures ready to swap in, and a spare new pump and spare battery pump as well. If either new pump goes, or either piping fails, it's a ten minute swap with a couple wrenches.

Last edited by Koda; November 20th, 2023 at 07:20 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 07:50 PM

Aforementioned dinner.
John - Dinner looks delicious! Smart idea to have a spare pump on hand. My last house was an L-shaped ranch style that had 2 sump pumps, one in each leg of the L. I always kept 2 spare pumps ready to swap in.
Old November 21st, 2023, 02:16 AM

Chris/ John Hippie Bath day I never was much of a rabbit hunter I guess i was always looking up [like quail hunting] instead of down. A home builder friend of mine met me once on a hunt and brought along his carpenter who was AMAZING. He carried nothing but a sling shot an killed about 10 rabbits before you could say Bugs Bunny. He could somehow see them in the honey suckle and would POP one and go pick it up before the rabbit ever moved

Last edited by Jamesbo; November 21st, 2023 at 02:24 AM.
Old November 21st, 2023, 02:44 AM

[QUOTE=Koda;1536621]

Aforementioned dinner.

Nice looking Birthday Meal

Happy Birthday John 44 is a good place to be
Old November 21st, 2023, 03:06 AM

Happy B day John and Chris.
Old November 21st, 2023, 06:33 AM

Jim and Greg - Thanks for chiming in with the b-day congrats, much appreciated!
Old November 21st, 2023, 07:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well rain today so I doubt we're moving any cars. Eh, plenty of work to do inside. Funny, since this is my old house that I lived in for 17 years, get Mom out of here for a couple of days and I feel like I still live here.

Gonna put the finishing touches on the kitchen. Get the tape off the floor, wash the windows, move the furniture back. I'm pleased at the outcome.

John hope you took today off.

Okay gotta do something. Florida tomorrow. Have a good day everyone.

Old November 21st, 2023, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Okay gotta do something. Florida tomorrow. Have a good day everyone.
Mike - Safe travels down to Florida tomorrow, hope you have fun down there.
Old November 21st, 2023, 10:59 AM
GCH

Yes , happy birthday Chris and John , and your dinner looks delicious . Yes Chris 64 years , time goes fast but the most
important is that we are healthy.

Have been in the woods some days , my brother helps me sometimes so he and his wife can have some firewood instead but i must be careful because of my bad knee. Have several friends who had knee replacement and that have worked fine and a free cost. Have not put on the chains on the Ford tractor this year , but the Deutz have them on. Would be nice to drive the 98 again but this must wait untill spring. Soon Chrismas and it should be nice when these holidays are over.

Last edited by GCH; November 21st, 2023 at 11:04 AM.
Old November 21st, 2023, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Glenn - Thanks for the B-day well wishes, much appreciated.

That looks like cold and dangerous work, be careful with that bad knee. I'm glad it's not that cold here yet. My Grandpa and his brother did some logging as side jobs on the mountain they lived on in the State of Tennessee. Somewhere I have an old picture (late 1930's) of the two of them with their Team of 2 Mules they used to pull the logs (1 large one at a time) down off the mountainside with to the sawmill. I looked for the picture but it is escaping me now what I did with it?
Old November 21st, 2023, 11:38 AM
GCH

Well it´s not so cold when i took the pic i usually don´t work in the woods if it´s colder than -10C . There are pretty flat
area where i use the Ford now so i don´t need the chains when it´s only a little snow. We have another area were it´s
very steep and going down there to the creek without chains would be suicide to try in winter.

By the way , we looked at this film yesterday and what a man 91 years old driving a -60 Chevy and tractors.
Living in Montana.

The film was 1 tim and 30 minutes , hope it works for you to se , very intresting story about John.

John – en sista norsk cowboy | UR Play
Old November 21st, 2023, 02:25 PM

Chris and John, happy birthday. Been a couple of years since I seen 64, been a couple of decades since I seen 44.Good looking plate John. Chris, another nice piece by your wife, pretty cool. By the way, you look like your dad. Never had a problem with my huskies barking, both were Siberian Huskies. The only time that they barked is if there was a problem. If I heard either of them bark in the middle of the night, I immediately got up to investigate. They would not even bark at cats or squirrels, etc.
Old November 21st, 2023, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris and John, happy birthday. Been a couple of years since I seen 64, been a couple of decades since I seen 44.Good looking plate John. Chris, another nice piece by your wife, pretty cool. By the way, you look like your dad. Never had a problem with my huskies barking, both were Siberian Huskies. The only time that they barked is if there was a problem. If I heard either of them bark in the middle of the night, I immediately got up to investigate. They would not even bark at cats or squirrels, etc.
Thanks for the b-day wishes Dan, much appreciated. I've been told by many family members that the older I get, the more I look like my Dad. Thanks for the compliment on the piece of furniture. I thought it was a pretty ingenious idea on her part to do that, and it turned out really nice. I'm glad your Huskies were not big barkers. Maybe the ones my friends had were out of the norm???
Old November 21st, 2023, 03:01 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...out of the norm...
Excuse me?
Old November 21st, 2023, 03:36 PM

Excuse me?
LoL 😆
Old November 21st, 2023, 06:48 PM

Thanks for well wishes. Mike, I am off this whole week and last Friday. I did not do much vacation this year.

Did not do much today. Cleaned house, cleaned some records, made lasagna off my Mom's recipe. Was going to go to hardware store, will do that tomorrow.

Spent too long last night playing rock and roll on the quad stereo and drinking bourbon.

Old November 21st, 2023, 07:39 PM
Running On Empty

John - OMG...lasagna looks DELICIOUS.
Old November 21st, 2023, 07:40 PM

Looks absolutely delicious John! One of my favorites. Hope you had a nice b-day.
Old November 21st, 2023, 07:44 PM

Spent too long last night playing rock and roll on the quad stereo and drinking bourbon.
Methinks there is no such thing as doing either of those too long.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Methinks there is no such thing as doing either of those too long.
X 2 Sounds like a perfectly natural way to spend some time FWIW IF you happen upon any Pappy Van Winkle Id love a bottle [ or two] Sorry I jes couldn't resist https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts

Last edited by Jamesbo; November 22nd, 2023 at 03:54 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 07:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I'm moments from hitting the road. Got up early and promptly slept an hour longer in my chair. Got Tiger to jail, had some brekky at the Awful house, now I'm tying up a couple loose ends then off I go. Thanks for the well wishes.

John I love lasagna. That looks like what Mom makes. Lately she's been getting it at the store. Still good, but not like hers. I suspect her motivation is it's way easier to heat it up instead of building it.

Okay, like Frost says, Miles to go before I sleep. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving. See ya's over the weekend.

Old November 22nd, 2023, 07:25 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Have a pleasant Thanksgiving & safe travels.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 07:39 AM

Mike - Have a pleasant Thanksgiving & safe travels.
x2