The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2023, 08:43 AM

Miike, I never made Turducken
Old November 7th, 2023, 10:41 AM

Well, I'm spending a bit o cash today, and over the next few months. Saw the oral surgeon this a.m. about taking the first steps required to get an implant in my jaw. next appt. with him in February for grafting, and then four more months for it to heal, and have the actual implant screwed in. I then went to an area Amish furniture store and ordered an eight place dining set. 42" x 66" with two 12" leafs stored inside. So it will expand out to 90" with the leafs installed. Eight chairs of course. The table top and chair seats will be Elm with David's cherry stain. The frame of the table and the rest of the chairs will be brown maple. $$. I'll work until I drop I suppose.
Old November 7th, 2023, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, I'm spending a bit o cash today, and over the next few months. Saw the oral surgeon this a.m. about taking the first steps required to get an implant in my jaw. next appt. with him in February for grafting, and then four more months for it to heal, and have the actual implant screwed in. I then went to an area Amish furniture store and ordered an eight place dining set. 42" x 66" with two 12" leafs stored inside. So it will expand out to 90" with the leafs installed. Eight chairs of course. The table top and chair seats will be Elm with David's cherry stain. The frame of the table and the rest of the chairs will be brown maple. $$. I'll work until I drop I suppose.
Dan - Don't know if you remember this or not, but my wife went thru the same dental ordeal 3-years ago, and had 2 implants put in and then bridge work. Huge $'s even with our dental picking up 50%. Gotta do what ya gotta do, if you don't have your health you don't have anything!

The dining room set sounds beautiful! Youl'll have to shiw us some pics when you get it. Too bad ya don't live close, my wife could set you up with one for probably a 1/5 or less of the cost.
Old November 7th, 2023, 11:10 AM

Hey guys - Sure can't say good morning anymore, almost 1pm here. Spent all the morning doing deep cleaning on the car in prep for winter storage. Filled the tank and added the appropriate amount of StaBil 360° on the way home from the show Sunday. This morning I deep cleaned the vinyl roof and treated it with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Then I cleaned the front and rear bumpers and polished both with Mothers Chrome Polish. Finally I pulled the spare tire and pulled out the vinyl trunk mats so they wouldn't trap moisture under them over the winter. Tomorrow I'll try to get all the exterior body panels cleaned and waxed. Then Thursday or Friday I'll do the wheels. The interior is already clean enough for me to be put away "as is", except for putting in some Bounce dryer sheets as a mice repellant.

Compiled the final stats on the car season today. Turns out I ended up getting out to the same exact number of event this year as last, 34 total. Even the breakdown of non-judged cruise-ins vs. judged shows was the same, 19 and 15. The only difference was that this year the car placed in 13 of the 15 judged shows vs. 10 last year. It was a really fun season and the car really did me proud!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Just beautiful here with bright sunshine and headed towards a high of 80°.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; November 7th, 2023 at 11:40 AM.
Old November 7th, 2023, 11:26 AM
Running On Empty

Dermatologist appt. this morning @ 8:30AM, voted ~10:00AM, working on ditch clearing since ~11:00AM, Huskie carburetor left New Baltimore last night, departed Detroit 3:00AM will arrive Thursday. Made my second pot of coffee for the day & I have two gigantic Rutabagas on the stove boiling. Implants are boring, I have six.
Old November 7th, 2023, 11:32 AM
Running On Empty

Dan - Sounds like a beautiful piece of woodwork. Mine is similar but in red oak - very long & wide w/ x2 12" leafs (which are mostly never used unless entertaining the entire town).

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...I pulled the spare tire and pulled out the vinyl trunk mats so they would trap moisture under them over the winter.
Chris - Sounds like a great place to trap moisture. Grab some rust remover during the holidays when it's most likely on sale.
Old November 7th, 2023, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Sounds like a great place to trap moisture. Grab some rust remover during the holidays when it's most likely on sale.
Norm - I had meant to say I pulled the vinyl mats out of the trunk and put them into storage so they wouldn't (not would) trap moisture over the winter.
Old November 7th, 2023, 11:55 AM
Running On Empty

Norm - I had meant to say I pulled the vinyl mats out of the trunk and put them into storage so they wouldn't (not would) trap moisture over the winter.
Yes, Chris - I know.
Old November 7th, 2023, 12:22 PM

Dermatologist appt. this morning @ 8:30AM
I did that a week ago. I gotta have a conversation about our relationship - every time I see her, she cuts off a piece of me.
Old November 7th, 2023, 01:26 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
I did that a week ago. I gotta have a conversation about our relationship - every time I see her, she cuts off a piece of me.
They get a little carried away with that damn Dewar of LN2, IMO.
Old November 7th, 2023, 01:55 PM

she cuts off a piece of me.
Her last name isn't Bobbitt is it.
Old November 7th, 2023, 02:10 PM

Any comments of Define vendors?
Old November 7th, 2023, 02:11 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Any comments of Define vendors?
Huh?
Old November 7th, 2023, 02:13 PM
Running On Empty

Her last name isn't Bobbitt is it.
That chick was whacked in the head.
Old November 7th, 2023, 02:18 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - USGA has assigned me Marshal Captain Hole 11 @ Pinehurst #2
Old November 7th, 2023, 03:07 PM

Jim - USGA has assigned me Marshal Captain Hole 11 @ Pinehurst #2
Norm - That is very prestigious, congrats! 👍
Old November 7th, 2023, 03:15 PM
Running On Empty

Norm - That is very prestigious, congrats! 👍
Thanks, Chris. Now to find lodging.
Old November 7th, 2023, 05:26 PM

Maybe you will see Mr. Murray or equal.
Old November 8th, 2023, 02:56 AM

Huh?
Sorry I thought it was general discussion, but it was a Mod only discussion.
Old November 8th, 2023, 09:24 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Been nice all week but I really want it to be nice this weekend. I better not say that out loud.

Chris you're driving me crazy with the car pictures. All I do now is look for 67 Cutlass and 442's. I should have bought that yellow one in Ohio a couple years ago. It had shreds of a top and a fair amount of rust, oh and it was way overpriced, but heck a car like that you can't screw up anymore. Wouldn't have guaranteed it would stay yellow.

Page 32 of the history lesson. Scot has just shown up. I miss Scot. Sandy has gone to the first cruise of the season. Jamesbo is gardening. Blue has disappeared after being called out by some roughians. Don is enjoying everything. Adrian is back from the States and back to working midnights, which he hates.

After not having a printer for about a week the guy from HP is here and he's got his laptop hooked up to it. Must be serious. Well, as long as it works again I'll be happy.

Got a couple of chores to do this afternoon, that didn't get done yesterday because Mom wanted to go to Publix. Tiger won't be home so maybe I'll take a nap instead. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old November 8th, 2023, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Chris you're driving me crazy with the car pictures. All I do now is look for 67 Cutlass and 442's. I should have bought that yellow one in Ohio a couple years ago. It had shreds of a top and a fair amount of rust, oh and it was way overpriced, but heck a car like that you can't screw up anymore. Wouldn't have guaranteed it would stay yellow.
Well, it is an Oldsmobile forum, right? LoL

Seriously though, if you're really looking for a '67 Cutlass or 4-4-2, send me a PM with a price range and options you'd be interested in having. I'm always perusing several Cars for Sale sites and I'll let you know if I see anything you might be interested in.
Old November 9th, 2023, 01:06 AM

Chris You sure take some great car show pics. Maybe one day you could learn me how to get in focus I used to think my time [in the shopping center business] standing around parking lots was the reason I didn't care for car show, After a little re set. It may be the people telling me. I used to have one of those Beside I can sit here in the comfort of home and let Chris do all the work

Last edited by Jamesbo; November 9th, 2023 at 01:09 AM.
Old November 9th, 2023, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris You sure take some great car show pics. Maybe one day you could learn me how to get in focus I used to think my time [in the shopping center business] standing around parking lots was the reason I didn't care for car show, After a little re set. It may be the people telling me. I used to have one of those Beside I can sit here in the comfort of home and let Chris do all the work
Thanks Jim! You and Norm can just set back and critique them like Siskel and Ebert.
Old November 9th, 2023, 06:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Decent start to the day, the lead isn't here so things will go smoother.

Thanks Chris. Pretty much anything I like I can't afford, so I mostly look at wrecks. But it's fun to dream. I just recently started seeing a 67 442 running around my town. It's red with a black vinyl top. Looks like Clint's car. I miss Clint.

So I'm a bit miffed at Mom. All she does is fuss at Tiger. When I lived there, Tiger would bark at the back windows and I'd let him out and he'd chase whatever he was barking at. Well now, Mom has this odd fascination with a crane that sits on the seawall, and when Tiger barks at it she yells and won't let him out. She says mean things to him that he obviously doesn't understand, so I wonder if that isn't somehow directed at me. I can't imagine what I've done to make her mad, other than paying for her house and dropping everything to run her stupid errands. I left Tiger home this morning, I hate that he's alone all day but I think it might be better than being in trouble(for nothing at all) all day.

It sounds like it's going to be nice up until the time I really want it to be nice, then rain. I was telling a guy about one of my Suburbans, and he says he wants to buy it. I wasn't really thinking about selling it but okay. He isn't far from me so I want him to come look at it this weekend. So maybe the rain that's forecast will miss us. Not to mention I have a little mowing I'd like to do, and various other things. Eh, it hasn't rained in weeks.

Okay have a good Thursday everyone.

Old November 9th, 2023, 06:23 AM

Mike, Sorry but I've planted 7 dogwoods and lots of fescue, WE NEED THE RAiN
Old November 9th, 2023, 06:58 AM
GCH

Hope everybody doin fine and are hopefully healthy. We have had really warm ( rainy ) here now for a while ,
not like we are used to. I bought a new chainsaw about 18 month ago and there have been some issues
with this Stihl Ms 194 C , nice and light saw but hoping i can replace it with a new chainsaw.

Should visit the car club i am a member off this evening and sit and chat a little , nice wet roads so i take the Dynamic.
The club is located in a three floor old factory building with motorcycle club on top and cars the two lower floors.
There is room for totaly 24 cars and also carlifts , welding , blaster , paintboot , bar and a lot of different tools .

Very dark outside so i should take it easy , last time i drove in the dark with the Olds i hit a reindeer .
Old November 9th, 2023, 07:00 AM
Running On Empty

So I'm a bit miffed at Mom. All she does is fuss at Tiger. When I lived there, Tiger would bark at the back windows and I'd let him out and he'd chase whatever he was barking at. Well now, Mom has this odd fascination with a crane that sits on the seawall, and when Tiger barks at it she yells and won't let him out. She says mean things to him that he obviously doesn't understand, so I wonder if that isn't somehow directed at me. I can't imagine what I've done to make her mad, other than paying for her house and dropping everything to run her stupid errands. I left Tiger home this morning, I hate that he's alone all day but I think it might be better than being in trouble(for nothing at all) all day.
Mike - Many of us can relate to the situation you described. You're a fantastic son. Not everyone ages gracefully - many folks (parents) find aging difficult. I know our Mom had bouts of ill-tempered behavior on occasions. I believe (personally) when things become out of their own control, they simply lash out at anything really. Anxiety sets in, they can't control their own environment any longer & they simply lash out/get mad/upset because of it. You "can" mention it to her, we did the same w/ our Mom. There will be a certain amount of emotional distress (crying may ensue), but talking about things brings about a better accommodation of feelings. Hang in there, Mike - you're an awesome son.
Old November 9th, 2023, 07:03 AM
Running On Empty

Yeah, they sent me the wrong carburetor. Ugh. Ordered another (replacement) from a different vendor, next carburetor (replacement) will arrive this Sunday (Amazon). Part numbers are a real headache & vendors apparently make no effort in advertising correct part numbers. Does this sound familiar? LOL
Old November 9th, 2023, 07:07 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by GCH
Should visit the car club i am a member off this evening and sit and chat a little , nice wet roads so i take the Dynamic.
The club is located in a three floor old factory building with motorcycle club on top and cars the two lower floors.
There is room for totaly 24 cars and also carlifts , welding , blaster , paintboot , bar and a lot of different tools .
Glenn - Haven't heard from you in some time. Glad things are going well. The building which houses your club activities sounds like a nice place.

Well, I'll head off to the post office to return the incorrect carburetor they sent me then get back to more - you guessed it, ditch clearing. This is a long very overgrown ditch - very, very overgrown.
Old November 9th, 2023, 09:00 AM
Always room for one more

Well thanks Norm I appreciate you saying that. I understand the anxiety of getting older, but she still has to conduct herself as a decent participant of society. She's always been a little mean and I haven't figured out if this is part anxiety or something new.

Glenn perhaps its the Dynamic that needs the red nose

Jamesbo I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I hate rain. Everything gets screwed up and the dog becomes a muddy mess. If it would just rain and be done with it I'd be okay. But it has to be windy along with it. Or thunder and lightning that would wake the dead. Or pour down buckets at a time.

Page 43. Lots of time between wheels. Clint and Scot have surfaced, Sandy wants peaches, Don just got back from a 2400 mile vacation. Jamesbo you just got a big water tote from Donny's work. Is this the same one you're going to give me if I ever make it back up there?

Okay things are starting to pick up from the end of lunch a half hour ago. You know cleaning ditches with a big torch sounds cool. Good luck Norm.

Old November 9th, 2023, 09:17 AM
Running On Empty

She's always been a little mean and I haven't figured out if this is part anxiety or something new.
Mike - Weigh your options. A strategically placed can (somewhere in the house) could speak volumes.

Cheers, Mike

Old November 9th, 2023, 12:39 PM

--Dan, I hope everything goes well with implants- I'm sure it will and you will be glad yo did it. We bought 6 kitchen chairs from a Amish place about 20-25 years ago. I remember having a fit how expensive they were... But guess what ? They are still here in great shape after the cost was long forgotten.
--Norm, I ordered a carb for my 2 stroke cultivator (small rototiller) First carb came and it was wrong. I bitched and they issued a full refund- no sending back. I then ordered another one thru another place and it was fine. Both those places were cheap overseas stuff on ebay.
--Mike you are a great son and a good man. You are doing what is right.
Old November 9th, 2023, 02:38 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - The trials & tribulations of dealing w/ part numbers, eh? Argh....
Old November 9th, 2023, 02:54 PM
Always room for one more

Thanks Greg. Just trying to keep peace and keep things moving. Tiger was fine at home all day and it was nice having him there when I came home.

We are all starting at 4 tomorrow morning. Since the lead isn't there and the bad lead is, maybe we'll get out extra early. We aren't working overtime this weekend so the quicker the weekend starts the better. Probably hit the Awful house on the way home.

So it's been years and years since I've been to the dentist. Yuck I know. I was traumatized as a child by the dentist. When I got to be old enough I said I'm not going back. Mom talked me into going before I moved, and that was, well, a few years for sure. Well, I might finally have to go. I have a tooth that's broken and the filling that's in it is sharp and cuts my tongue. If the filling falls out I'll really be in dire straits. I hate it. But it's been a good run. I might try to hold out until the first of the year, in case I need a lot done and I'm not wasting my copay money.

Old November 9th, 2023, 03:06 PM
Running On Empty

I've been on a bi-annual (twice yearly) dental cleaning schedule most of my life.
Old November 9th, 2023, 03:16 PM
Always room for one more

When I was a child we went to the dentist twice a year. Cleaning, checkup, xrays. When Mom started working I'd intercept the mail before she got home and I'd throw away the reminder cards. That worked for a year or so until she realized we hadn't gone and she would call them.

As an adult, and hopefully more rational, I could probably deal with the dentist once in a while. What's funny, I sold a car to my friend and he brought a friend of his to come pick it up. The guy was wearing scrubs and I asked if he was a nurse. Nope, a dentist. He gave me his card and it sat on the counter for years. When Mom got up here she needed a dentist and I showed her the card and said, call this guy he seemed nice. Well, she loves him and she told him my story and he remembered and now he says something about it every time she goes in.

Old November 9th, 2023, 03:19 PM

trap moisture?🤔
Old November 9th, 2023, 04:05 PM

Mike, I suspect your cracked tooth will need a crown. I had that done to two molars (same one on both sides) that had silver fillings from my very young days. The dentist explained to me those are very stressful and cause small cracks in in the tooth that eventually propagate until a chunk of tooth falls off. Lucky me, it happened twice.
Old November 9th, 2023, 04:10 PM

I've been going to a periodontist for 20 years Recently he hired Ms Patel and I said Goodbye. She was too pushy] So I went to the Super models dentist that works out of the same building his father built He and his brother shared a practice that looks like it was built in the 50s Because it was. Great old time know WTF he s doing dentist. Recently he he had to refer to me to an Endodontic I knew I was in trouble when they wanted to have a consultation prior to doing a root canal . The 30 minute consultation went from $200 to $700 faster than you can say Jack rabbit But the good new is I wont be having a [nother] root canal It shocks me the difference of the 2 different practices 1] No interior decorator cost a modest amount, all covered by insurance 2] fancy offices with 4 flat screens in every room to show you the x rays and cost a small fortune plus Pay now and we ll turn in your insurance and hope ya get reimbursed
Old November 9th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - I had a dentist ~17 years ago for ~3-4 years. She had enormous jugs & she'd stick those bad boys right into my neck working on me. She hired some dental hygienist (not a Patel) who was a pushy little bitch and we departed ways. You're spot-on regarding today's dentist's and practices. I really like my current dentist of the past eight years - excellent staff all the way around. He's a tad more expensive than my insurance accommodates, but his quality of work is exceptional.