The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2023, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Had store lasagna tonight. That stuff is surprisingly yummy. I know Mom likes it because it's easy. She said one of these days she'll make a real one.
Mike - Do you know what brand of lasagna you had, was it Stouffer's? We buy the large Stouffer's alot and really like it. Plenty for 2 meals for 2 people. Not as good as homemade, but pretty damn close. Like you said, saves alot of time on the kitchen!
Old November 28th, 2023, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Ironically, around here, more often than not, credit card fees are automically built into the pricing if using your card, and then many places offer a discount if you pay in cash.
Yeah Chris, That's the way it all started, but then slowly changed to the surcharge. Thing is in the bars and restaurants, they "post" it, like a piece of paper taped to door or a line on bottom of menu, but very easy to miss.
Old November 28th, 2023, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Yeah Chris, That's the way it all started, but then slowly changed to the surcharge. Thing is in the bars and restaurants, they "post" it, like a piece of paper taped to door or a line on bottom of menu, but very easy to miss.
Doesn't really surprise me, we're usually behind the times here in Missouri. In this case, for a change, it's a good thing!
Old November 28th, 2023, 04:41 PM

MIKE, IF I Had transferred I Would have lost some credits Like Old Testament MY 2 main goal were to get lucky and get out. By starting early and going every summer I was out in 3 years/. When I saw Roslyn casket in Glenn Memorial It remind me of When I was there IT was mandatory to pay a student fee [forget the correct name]Anyway Once my student fee was used to invite Hanoi Jane to speak at Glenn Memorial So [ very unlike today] barefoot students smoking pot sitting on the floor listening to a traitor . That was not my idea how I should spend 30 bucks a quarter

Last edited by Jamesbo; November 28th, 2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old November 28th, 2023, 06:54 PM

Speaking of food, the wife prompted me to make shrimp and crab gumbo.
That was some really good stuff. Apparently I am one hellova cook. When it comes to Cajun food, anyway.
Old November 28th, 2023, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Speaking of food, the wife prompted me to make shrimp and crab gumbo. That was some really good stuff. Apparently I am one hellova cook. When it comes to Cajun food, anyway.
That sounds really good Kenneth, I really love Cajun food, the spicier the better. I'd have to say a good Jambalaya with everything in it but the kitchen sink is my favorite dish.
Old November 28th, 2023, 08:28 PM

I regularly make shrimp and sausage jambalaya. It’s a staple in our house.
Occasionally the wife makes crawfish étouffée. She does a very good job, but doesn’t feel that cooking urge very often. I guess that’s how I ended up as a good cook.

Last edited by Fun71; November 28th, 2023 at 08:33 PM.
Old November 28th, 2023, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
I regularly make shrimp and sausage jambalaya. It’s a staple in our house. Occasionally the wife makes crawfish étouffée. She does a very good job, but doesn’t feel that cooking urge very often. I guess that’s how I ended up as a good cook.
Sounds good! I cheat and use Zatarain's box Jambalaya as a starter and then add Andouille Sausage, shrimp, finely chopped green onions, and finely chopped Jalapeños. Probably not nearly as good as made from scratch, but the end result still tastes pretty good.
Old November 29th, 2023, 03:10 AM

Chris IF you like Cajun food you must try Pasuels Manales BBQ shrimp that aren't anything like BBQ Onions butter shrimp Worchester sauce and french bread [for sopping ]

Old November 29th, 2023, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris IF you like Cajun food you must try Pasuels Manales BBQ shrimp that aren't anything like BBQ Onions butter shrimp Worchester sauce and french bread [for sopping ]
Jim - Those look delicious I'll have to give em a try. I've had Cajun shrimp at restaurants before that look similar to those in the pictures and I love em. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old November 29th, 2023, 06:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chilly this morning, but not quite to the extent I had to scrape the windshield. The pickup is kind of slow to warm up and it's a short ride to Mom's, so I was in a cold pickup and got out into the cold air and walked into Mom's house, which is like a sauna. Tiger went there this morning because I'm going to the doctor after work and he'd be home alone too long otherwise.

Why do I think I asked the same kind of question as why do people pull over for funeral processions. Jamesbo I didn't mean to rile you, just asking a question.

Chris it is Stouffers that Mom gets. I could eat the whole pan at once. We cut it into 6 pieces. She has one, I have two, and then the rest goes in the fridge for other times. It's just as good heated up.

Good morning at work so far. The lead is going around asking about Saturday. Sure I'll come in. And then after that I get to rummage through Christmas decorations and put up the Christmas tree.

Okay I think a walk down to the roll up door is in order. Hope everyone has a good Hump Day.

Old November 29th, 2023, 07:31 AM

Mike NO problemo I've decided how to get even with my brother-in-law for the phuque up paint job on the drop top.At the family Christmas party, rather than punch him in the nose, I'm gonna let his wife beat the Crap out of him . The dude can not handle free alcohol At my wedding he had 12 beers and 4 shot of tequila. He was so drunk he didn't know his name .. I know because i got the bill and paid for it So at the Christmas party I'm gonna give him a 1/2 pint of tequila after he washes it down with his usual quantity of dud suds, He will make a compete *** out of himself and Moi will let his bride take over. Never get mad get even
Old November 29th, 2023, 01:36 PM

Note to self: Don't **** Jim off.
Old November 29th, 2023, 02:01 PM

I am not serving I am just enabling
Old November 29th, 2023, 02:14 PM

Tis the Season

Hi guys,
Wife started decorating the house for Christmas today. I actually brought the artificial tree up last night and set it up, and then she did the decorating today, as well as the fireplace mantle and other areas of the house. I put up some outdoor lights and I'm waiting for it to get dark so I can check them out and see if I need to make any adjustments. The presents around the tree are fake and the wife puts them there to keep the dogs from crawling under and around the tree, they're a little too curious!

Old November 29th, 2023, 02:59 PM

Chris Very nice BTW I love the courtroom chairs
Old November 29th, 2023, 03:11 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo that was a long time ago that he messed up the car, wasn't it? Is this the first time you've seen him since? Post some pictures it will be hilarious.

Chris the decorations look nice. My neighbor decorates to the hilt for Christmas. In fact when I was at her house over the weekend she had already started. Her big thing is fancy dolls that sit up on the mantle or shelfs, and fancy dishes on the dining room table, that don't ever get used.

Finished work around 1 and left at 2. Went to see the nurse practitioner. She's nice enough but I don't believe most of what she says. She's got an agenda like any other doctor. Stuff me full of medicine and have me come back for office visits every other month. I told her I'd pass on the medicine and she'll see me when I can get off work again. Sheesh.

Chili for supper. Mom says it's so easy I could make it myself. Does she think I'm a dummy? If I started making it she'd stop making it. I always eat my chili with Ritz crackers with grape jelly on them. Sounds weird, but it's good.

Old November 29th, 2023, 03:34 PM

Chris Very nice BTW I love the courtroom chairs
Thanks Jim. You nailed that one, they're actual Courtroom chairs out of the County Courthouse in Marshall, MI. The chairs have been in our family since I was a little boy.
Old November 29th, 2023, 03:48 PM

Chris the decorations look nice. My neighbor decorates to the hilt for Christmas. In fact when I was at her house over the weekend she had already started. Her big thing is fancy dolls that sit up on the mantle or shelfs, and fancy dishes on the dining room table, that don't ever get used.

Chili for supper. Mom says it's so easy I could make it myself. Does she think I'm a dummy? If I started making it she'd stop making it. I always eat my chili with Ritz crackers with grape jelly on them. Sounds weird, but it's good.
Mike - Thanks for the compliment on the decorations. The china and glassware in the china cabinet in the picture was my Mom's. We've never used any of it since I inherited it when she passed 10-years ago.

I like peanut butter sandwiches or cornbread with my Chili. Ritz crackers with grape jelly is probably no stranger than peanut butter sandwiches.
Old November 29th, 2023, 04:10 PM

Mike, I haven't seen him in years/ This Christmas will be the 1st time . The paint failed in stages 1st a few bubbles and then the thing that really Po d me was he didn't put any primer on the cowl and a big piece came off revealing bare metal That is what put me over the top Every paint guy I took it to said, We'll never know what caused the small bubbles until we taker it back down to bare metal but the big chip off the cowl showing NO primer wasn't any secret what the problem was
Old November 29th, 2023, 04:15 PM

Mike NO problemo I've decided how to get even with my brother-in-law for the phuque up paint job on the drop top.At the family Christmas party, rather than punch him in the nose, I'm gonna let his wife beat the Crap out of him . The dude can not handle free alcohol At my wedding he had 12 beers and 4 shot of tequila. He was so drunk he didn't know his name .. I know because i got the bill and paid for it So at the Christmas party I'm gonna give him a 1/2 pint of tequila after he washes it down with his usual quantity of dud suds, He will make a compete *** out of himself and Moi will let his bride take over. Never get mad get even
Love it, Jim! Hilarious!!
Old November 29th, 2023, 05:42 PM

I like peanut butter sandwiches or cornbread with my Chili.
I make Jalapeño cornbread along with the chili. Whole wheat pastry flour, stone ground corn meal, and garden Jalapeños.Mmmmmmmm.
Old November 30th, 2023, 06:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chilly but sunny so far. Gonna be 60. Rain tonight, that's why.

Jamesbo I'd punch him in the mouth after his wife is done with him. That was a conscious choice to not prime the car before painting.

You know what Chris I like eating on china. Mom has her full set that my Dad got her when he was in Japan. You know it's a special occasion when the good dishes come out. Last time we ate on the good dishes was my 40th birthday. Whoa that was awhile ago. I should go to a garage sale and buy a set of china. People are selling it all the time. Then I could use them as my every day dishes.

Other things I eat that people think is weird, chocolate ice cream on apple pie and brown sugar on rice. These are all things my Dad did and I've done them all my life. I asked Mom why he did that and she didn't know. I have a feeling it was him being a wise guy when he was a kid and just kept doing it. He would put jelly on french toast which I think is gross.

I guess I better start thinking about what to get Mom for Christmas. She doesn't like anything. She has everything she needs. Maybe a puppy. That would keep her busy.

Work is slow. It's all big wheels today and they take a long time to fill.

Have a day.

Old November 30th, 2023, 07:21 AM

Good morning everyone.

You know what Chris I like eating on china. Mom has her full set that my Dad got her when he was in Japan. You know it's a special occasion when the good dishes come out. Last time we ate on the good dishes was my 40th birthday. Whoa that was awhile ago. I should go to a garage sale and buy a set of china. People are selling it all the time. Then I could use them as my every day dishes.

Other things I eat that people think is weird, chocolate ice cream on apple pie and brown sugar on rice. These are all things my Dad did and I've done them all my life. I asked Mom why he did that and she didn't know. I have a feeling it was him being a wise guy when he was a kid and just kept doing it. He would put jelly on french toast which I think is gross.
Mike - I really love brown sugar on white rice, but I also throw in a little butter. My Mom would use the china on holidays and special occasions. I was always kind of terrified to eat on it because I knew she cherished it and I was always afraid of breaking a piece. The really good thing when she did get it out was that my brother and I were relieved of our dishwashing duties. My parents never had a dishwasher when we were growing up, they had us boys, and eventually my sister.
Old November 30th, 2023, 07:50 AM

Mike, my mother has a beagle. She decided she wanted a dog while she could still care for it, and got this dog 4 years ago when she was 71. This beagle is approximately 30 lbs of nose, thrust, and appetite. Very pleasant animal, not too bright, and easily distracted by interesting things. If you do get your mom a dog, get her a little one, as this beagle develops enough horsepower to the ground to pull my mom around enough she has to be careful. My mom likes this dog, but will not get another one after this one if the dog were to pass. Beagles typically go 15 years, but some get to 20, and I hope they both get old together.
Old November 30th, 2023, 08:33 AM
Always room for one more

John I was just being a funster. She looks after Tiger about as much as I do, so she wouldn't want another dog. It would be like we both have two dogs. Besides, she likes Danes, holy toledo. Now, if I could figure out how to get a horse into the living room...

I haven't been down to the roll up door in a while. The computer says it's 52 and sunny. Looks like we're about to get busy. There's a bunch of nose wheels coming, and they build quick. That's good news; I like to have 20 done by lunch and right now I'm at 12.

Old November 30th, 2023, 10:47 AM

Well, my Bowflex (Nautilus brand) M6 Max Trainer is starting to crap out. The main bearing seal in the circular flywheel assembly at the bottom of the unit is starting to seap oil and the bearings will eventually fail. I know this because that's what happened in the 1st one I had, this is the 2nd one I've owned. The 1st one lasted approximately 4-yrs of hard use, an estimated 600-hrs. This one slightly longer. There are places that will repair them, but with parts and labor it's almost $500, and then only a 6-month warranty on the repairs. I took advantage of a Cyber Monday sale and have a new one on the way for when this one craps out. I saved $300 off the regular price of $1,300, plus got free shipping, another $100 savings. Even if I only get 4-years out of another one, that's only $250/yr, which is cheaper than a gym membership and is much more convenient working out at home. Plus, IMO, this machine provides the best low impact, high intensity, cardio workout of any machine I've ever used, I'm sold on them.
Old November 30th, 2023, 01:18 PM

" One Michigan Town Ranks Most Mispronounced Place in America" So, Chris, this popped up in my email, and as soon as I saw it, I knew which town it was. I think as a former Michigander, that you should know it as well.
Old November 30th, 2023, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
" One Michigan Town Ranks Most Mispronounced Place in America" So, Chris, this popped up in my email, and as soon as I saw it, I knew which town it was. I think as a former Michigander, that you should know it as well.
I haven't looked yet. I tried to think of towns with unusual names of fair size and my brain just kept taking me back to Kalamazoo. Gonna check now.
Old November 30th, 2023, 01:54 PM

So was the one you were alluding to Ypsilanti or Mackinac/Mackinaw? I always pronounced Mackinac as Mackinaw, I guess simply because thats how I always heard it?
Old November 30th, 2023, 02:04 PM
Running On Empty

Having owned property in Michigan >40 years, raised in the Midwest, brother who lives in the UP, blah, blah, blah....I always found it surprising how none of them got it right. It's Mishimikinaak(Ojibwe). Seriously, nearly every town in Wisconsin/Michigan have their name origins of an American Indian tribe &/or nation. I didn't find the article very enlightening, at all. That's just me.
Old November 30th, 2023, 02:47 PM
Always room for one more

A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I got a gal in Kalamazoo... I knew it was going to be Mackinac before I looked at the article. That was a favorite place to go for my grandmother. She showed me a brochure of something once, it said Mackinack is off the track. It's Mackinaw, and that's the law. Funny they don't allow cars on Mackinac Island, but they have a huge bridge.

The Corvair museum used to be in the Hudson museum in Ypsilanti. Some of the Corvair people would shorten it to Yip.

I have the original Soloflex machine. I used it quite a bit when I first got it, which was around 1994. I set it up and used it in my apartment when I first moved down here, but then got sick, I don't remember what I caught, and never used it again. I have all the straps, all the attachments. I should pull it out and see if I can use it. My step dad had two Schwinn Airdyne's. He said he only remembered having one. I suspect one was his and one was for his wife. When she died they disappeared with no other mention.

Finished up late and got out around 215. Tomorrow will probably be about the same. OT on Saturday, that means getting up extra early.

Old November 30th, 2023, 03:22 PM

https://pronovost.qc.ca/en/agricultu...trailers/p-503 Here's my water wagon consideration de jour
Old November 30th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Running On Empty

https://pronovost.qc.ca/en/agricultu...trailers/p-503 Here's my water wagon consideration de jour
I want one
Old November 30th, 2023, 04:07 PM

Damn nice looking trailer Jim. Looks like it would work nicely for you.
Old November 30th, 2023, 04:08 PM
Running On Empty

Damn nice looking trailer Jim. Looks like it would work nicely for you.
It would work better if it was green.
Old November 30th, 2023, 04:26 PM

I always pronounced Mackinac as Mackinaw, I guess simply because thats how I always heard it?
Correct, as you now know.
Old November 30th, 2023, 04:30 PM

Norm I got a Hell of deal on a 5k trailer It is more than I really need PM me if you want it for 2.3 K plus tax NEW
Old November 30th, 2023, 04:48 PM

My parents never had a dishwasher when we were growing up
What, was your dad single?
Old November 30th, 2023, 04:53 PM

There are places that will repair them, but with parts and labor it's almost $500, and then only a 6-month warranty on the repairs.
Can you not R and R the bearing assemblies yourself? You have nothing to lose monetarily if you can’t get the bearings out.