The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Who is the Prettiest One on the calendar this month lol??
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone!

Boy what a nice day. About 80 and not humid. Partly sunny so don't know if we're getting any rain.

Smoothies, cookies, nachos, I see I had the wrong thing for my supper. That all sounds better than soup.

Scot it may seem strange but even '74 was 40 years ago. Maybe that could be the cutoff, then add one every year.

John, that's exactly what I want, a place where I can't see anyone and no one can see me. There's a couple places not far from me that could possibly work out, but I've hesitated because I don't really want to stay here for the duration. It would be easy, all I need is a few acres and I can stick my "Rollin' Home" right in the middle.

Jamesbo I love that video. My dogs wouldn't be that tidy. They'd have ice cream all over themselves and everything else. I get ice cream in a dish and then transfer it to their dishes, no muss no fuss. I wonder if dogs get brain freeze.

Paul the museum looks like a nice one. I've often thought I should start a quest to see all the airplane and car museums around.

Summit tonight, but I can't go, I have to work. I'm working Mondays now until the last one of the month. I need to go to Summit to get some oil.

Well I hope everyone's week started out well. First of three for me tonight. Have a good one all.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:01 PM
Always room for one more

Sandy I don't know why it took me 13 minutes to write my message. I must have been daydreaming. Glad they found Larry's phone. A new car is overrated. I hope Nicole likes it, I hear those are nice cars. Imagine, something nice coming out of Korea. The only thing I know about Korea is MASH.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 02:20 PM

Scot, What's de rules fer a drop top
Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Just a seat belt, goggles or face mask and helmet unless you are faster than 12.99 ET I believe. Then you need a roll bar on a drop top. Oh and long pants and shirt with short sleeves or sleeves in general.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:55 PM

Al that filming fox was my beautimus wifey of as of this Wed 9 years in wedlock
Congrats Scot, and to many more years.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan, About that cam, this car was a racer and had been pieced back together to be streetable. I would be surprised if it were a factory cam(even an option) with how choppy the lope was. I'm thinking it was something from racing and much more for high rpm. That along with the single plane edelbrock intake, It's really didn't like off idle.

Scot nice vid. Looks like fun. Don't cha need a coolant catch can?

Mike, I've always wondered about the brain freeze thing too. The Kia's and Hyundais have surpassed many of the jap mfg's as far as reliability IMO.Still not up to par with Honda or Toyota, but way better than Mits, and probably equal to Nissan.

Sandy, Hope she enjoys it. Hopefully Larry will relax a bit now that his phone is coming back.

John, Glad the eye is healing. That way you can watch all the squirming going on at work with the new conditions.

Allan, I need to get used to it. Hay hauling season will be here before you know it. I think my relearning how to lay while sleeping is giving me a little better sleep in the shorter amount of time laying there. And I think I'm snoring less.

Jamesbo. that face sure makes me miss our Golden.

Have a day all.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 05:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm wit a chance of showers

Scot, I got sum long birtches but will a Falcon Helmet be good enough?

BTW Congrats, I think ya got a keeper

Sandy Welcome home

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 3rd, 2014, 06:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

Thanks so much Dan

Clint yes a catch can is necessary and straight water is desired instead of coolant. On the front of my coupe, what looks to be a gas tank is actually the catch can

Jamesbo me thinks a Facklin helmet isn't gonna cut it unless you plan on lowering your head and sprinting down the 1320 like the water boy
Old June 3rd, 2014, 06:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tuesday it is! Someone must have loaded up the weather wish list for beautimus days.

Scot - Happy Anniversary brother! 9 years of wedded bliss huh? This year will be 22 years for me and the Missus. Goes by quickly.

Clint. - since I decided to voluntarily discontinue the BP meds I've been sleeping much better. Interesting to here that different sleep positions make you snore less. Have you tried sleeping in a hammock? Seriously. Keeps your upper and lower body slightly elevated. I really love my Sonata. It's been very reliable and a dream to drive. So far in the last 4 years the only thing I've had to spend on it is oil changes and I do that myself. It's definitely a keeper.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 06:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
BTW Congrats, I think ya got a keeper
Thanks Jamesbo I believe so too brother
Originally Posted by Allan R

Scot - Happy Anniversary brother! 9 years of wedded bliss huh? This year will be 22 years for me and the Missus. Goes by quickly.
Thanks Al We've been together for much longer, it's just we were both camera shy after our first marriages failed. After raising three daughters and the "baby" starts middle school at the end of summer, I know you are 100% correct as time does fly by. And if you don't stop to look around to see what's going on every now and again, time will pass you like a freight train.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Tropical as heck here today. Cloudy but the sun is frying to peek through. We had some rain overnight, enough to wash some of the pollen off of Tincanio lol. I really have to get her to the car wash soon.

Congrats Scot! Larry and I celebrated 7 years on May 26th. I say we go to Arizona every year on our anniversary. . I thought about you the other day when I bought 4 little hard peaches for $1.99 a pound.

78 humid degrees in here and I'm dying... my water bottle is sweating all over the place. Fan has been on 2 since I came in. When the **** goes to lunch I'm dropping it to 72* out there.... he must keep his house at 78....

Had to go with Nicole to the dealer last night and signed the title of the Intrigue over to them. I almost cried. I loved that little car. Came home and worked in one flower bed cutting down dead daffodils hyacinths and crocus. Did some watering. Went in the house at 9:10. The mosquitoes were loving me.

Jamesbo.... I have 2 little maters each, on two plants. My green bean plants are looking good.

I haven't seen the Orioles since I've been home. I don't think Nicole put out much jelly for them. She was probably too busy having parties! Hate it when that happens.

Larry got his phone today UPS. He's happy.

I got appeals papers from Cigna today that I'm going to fill out. Seems they turned down the MRI that the breast surgeon had scheduled for me next week. Said it wasn't medically necessary! I couldn't believe that. They've shelled out $100,000 so far for chemo treatments, surgeries and doctors, and an MRI isn't medically necessary for someone who has had cancer in both breasts? I laughed. I'm going to appeal it just because I can lol.

Well I better get off of here. So boring in here today again. Nothing to do but sit here and roast! Have a great day all.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Happy Tuesday. It's hump day for me. Work wasn't too bad last night. Hope it continues.

Scot Happy Anniversary brother! Here's to many more.

Got up a little early today and then horsed around with the dogs and now I'm running late.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well it's evening. A little late, but here's my Tuesday Afternoon...

Old June 3rd, 2014, 10:30 PM

I have that on my MP3 player...I'm not old, just well seasoned!
Old June 4th, 2014, 04:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Breathe deep, the gathering gloom; watch lights fade from every room.

Jamesbo and Clint, do I get da' worm for this?

Feelin' summerish these mornings; 'twas 78 before dawn passing Lake Maurepas. I had to load a couple boxes into the car before I left and worked up a sweat before I even got into the car, so definitely hit the "A/C" button on the Camry. The last week of rain finally seems like it's pretty much over; now we're going to be flirting w/ 90* every afternoon. Can't wait for summer to start in earnest.

Speakin' of A/C, I got it fixed (more or less) in the F-150 last week. He replaced a part, but said the compressor (the second one the truck has had, BTW) has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel... But at least it's cold for now. Last time he added freon, it lasted for about two seasons. We'll see this time. A/C on that truck has always been its weak spot. Spent $1700 on it about 5 or 6 years ago, having the whole shooting match replaced, and still ain't right.

Belated congrats, Scot! Yeah, I hear that freight train passin'.... it don't wait for nobody -- that's fer sure. Been going thru boxes and boxes of stuff from Mom, Dad, and deceased relatives (from the bowels of the Metairie home) and it's made me a bit nostalgic, and sure drives home the fact that we're only here for a short while. (But on a lighter note, I hope I never leave anybody with the boxes and boxes of totally useless old papers, receipts, statements, etc. that Dad & Mom left us... my gawd.... they never threw away a receipt in the last 50 years!) Had one good burn session Monday, and will have to ignite another this weekend. Then I have bags and bags for the recycler. I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, however, thanks be to God.

Mike, we'll make you a deal on the Plantation! It has quite a garage! Maybe Delta has an opening at MSY, about a 50-minute commute from here.

Sandy, sorry you lost the Intrigue. I know it stings now, but maybe she actually did you a favor... now you can take any $$ you might have spent restoring on it and put it towards Teepo. Plus, it seems cut and dried that N is now financially in charge of her transportation! In any case, sounds like Jon got a real education during his visit.

Whlpt, get me start minin' the salt, peeps. Have a great Wodan's (a.k.a. 'Hump') day, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 4th, 2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Whar's Clint? Musta slept in??

John, When my dad passed in 2000, I was tossing out 1952 check stubs and tax returns. and every single birthday/christmas card my parents ever got.
Spose to be nice but feels kinda like it's fix'in to come up a cloud.

Weed garden or sneek off to play golf?

Decisions decisions.

Glad I come from a long line of sorry white trash. It makes decisons soooooooo much easier

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Colder and wet here this morning. Forecast is for more of it later, overnighT and tomorrow morning. Yesterday there were some serious light shows and Thor threw his hammer pretty good too.

Jim - have fin sneakin off ta whack whitey. Yer easy ta perdikt.

Clint - if you did sleep in I'm glad you got some needed sleep. Did you find that AC piece?

John - Doesn't particularly sound like your weather is the envy of the neighborhood. Keepers, I just looked at the boxes of accumulated stuff in the basement. Yikes! Not terrible, but definitely needs some attention.
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, I'm with you, neck in neck. Sumpin' about that Depression era mentality.
On a brighter note (I guess), I found his high school diploma from 1944 - still rolled up~! I had never seen it before. I'm going to try and slowly unroll it and get it in a frame. After 70 years, it's about time....

Right you are, Allan! The "muggies" are here to stay now....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 11th, 2014 at 04:55 AM.
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:32 AM

John, I found the deed to my grand father's extra cemetery plots. Funniest thing is my uncle burried my aunt in one of de plots I've got de deed to. Think I oughta...................naw
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:33 AM

(But on a lighter note, I hope I never leave anybody with the boxes and boxes of totally useless old papers, receipts, statements, etc
. My nephews and nieces think that i am leaving them something...I am, I've never throw away any of my tax returns, blah ha ha!
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:52 AM

My only hope is dat my last check bounces
Old June 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Captain Starfire

Good philosophy, Jamesbo. One thing you could do to ensure it would be to find you another nice '69 H-O.

And speakin' of hot cars (why not?), y'all see the new Z-28? I'm not a HUGE fan of the latest iteration of Camaro, but I must say, I could be tempted by that. I don't think they quite give 'em away, however...

Dan, come to think of it -- and I'm almost embarrassed -- I have every one of mine, dating back to I-dare-not-say-when (but I was knee-high to a grasshopper). That's one thing Katrina didn't get. So in this case, I'm the pot calling the kettle "black."
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:41 AM

The new Z/28 starts at $75k, and a/c is an option, plus only one speaker (lighter weight)!!!
Old June 4th, 2014, 12:52 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good afternoon all

Hot, sunny and humid.

Thanks for all the Happy Anniversary wishes We are about to head back out for an evening on the town.
Old June 4th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

We have rain coming down now, temps in the 70's. Cooling off to the 60's tomorrow. This is June???? I guess no Chick Fil a tonight.

I have to go to the allergist tomorrow at 5:15 to get my nasal spray refilled, so I'll be late getting over to Bellacinos. Hope there will be a space. I haven't been taking many pics this year. Hearts just not in it.

Brian has been really on my last nerve all day. All he's done is pick at me. Made a smart comment because I had a call on hold for him that I forgot about until it rang back to me. Said something about my cell phone being more important than this phone here. I almost snapped back at him about the customer's I put on hold for him who end up hanging up because he's telling whoever about his intestines, prostate and all other gross things in his body! I've just about had it. I'm waiting for him to hand me another letter or to ask me to stick around so we can talk in private and if he does either, I'm letting him have it! Friggin control power freak. I'm not his docile little Stepford wife.... If I didn't need the insurance I'd be job hunting. Might happen anyhow, who knows.

Worked out in my front flower bed last night cutting dead sprig g flowers. Got depressed thinking about how I really want to be in AZ and enjoy some of my life. I've never liked Ohio and the weather sucks. I'd just like to be happy. I can't get enthused about planting flowers, I'm not enthused about the car shows, I don't know what I am. When we visited Terry, she was saying how healthy she is, no allergies or anything. I know its a known fact that us in the north are sickerdues to the lack of sunlight etc... I've read that more than once. I'd be healthy too mentally and physically if I lived where it was sunny and warm!! Can't have a good disposition when you see gray every day for almost 6 months! That's not good for anything. Oh well... Im stuck. But Im making me a life plan. I'm going to retire when I'm 62 and my a$$ is moving whether Larry is with me or not. He won't talk to another realtor about helping Ray buy our rental house, but he will bit*h about it. He won't hire a foreman or someone to oversee the shop so he has more time, but he'll bit*h about having to run a machine or fix something or do ten thousand things at once. Jr is absolutely useless. Doesn't offer to mow over there or help his dad. Just expects to be handed the company one day. I give him 2 months before it goes under....

Enough complaining I guess. I'm alive and feeling better so that's a blessing. Dreading the upcoming surgery.... that's been on my mind a lot too. What things to go through just to stay alive. But then I'll be done hopefully.

Linda got sick yesterday and was throwing up from her prep for her colonoscopy today, and her defibrillator shocked her cause shehad a-fib start while she was throwing up and her device was trying to get her heart back into normal rhythm. So Bobbi took her to the ER. They got her calmed down and she was ok. I was glad! I teased her about trying to get out of having the colonoscopy lol.

Well its finally time to get the hell out of here so you all have a great evening. Talk to you tomorrow.
Old June 4th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone, happy humpy.

Scot be sure to whoop it up good. Many returns of the day.

Sandy, let him have it anyway. It will be fun.

Maybe Clint left for Ohio already. Hope everything is okay.

Here's a question. What should I do with a bad fire extinguisher. Found one in the camper and it's kaput. If I hold the trigger and shake it up some of the halon comes out, but it's flatter than a pancake. Can I just throw it in the trash or should I do something particular with it? Cut it open maybe?

John I had a then-new Camaro I ordered in '10. I wanted one so bad I could taste it. Then when I got it I had trouble with the transmission and the dealer blew me off. I got rid of it 6 months later and after the initial "wow" factor found plenty of things I didn't care for. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have another. Though the indexing windows were pretty cool.

We had some openings at MSY last week, not for mechanic though I think lead. It would be a lot closer to my Mom that's for sure. There's a lead spot for Savannah just opened. I'm not lead material but maybe they'll fill it locally and then open another slot for mechanic. Better get cracking on the camper.

Okay it's that time. Friday for me. Things went well last night also, hope to make this three in a row. Saw who my lead is gonna be, it will be a challenge. Have a good night everyone.
Old June 5th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Captain Starfire

Kinda' late to be slurpin' down da' worm, Clint & Jim! I know you ain't sleepin', so you's must have some real stuff to do....

Cut & paste weather day in SE LA. Maybe a degree cooler, but Friday spose to get into the 90s... and it ain't even summer. But at least its drying out now and I should be able to cut the grass this weekend -- or most of it.

Big dead armadillo in back yard when I came home yesterday.... appears to be foul play... maybe one of the pigs got a hold of his armored ****.
I didn't have the energy to toss the carcass into the woods last night after stopping off at the Metairie house and then going to my Metairie brother's house to help him a few minutes. Leaving at 5 a.m. and returning at 7 p.m. is too long a day. So the flies will continue to have a back-yard buffet for now.

Mike, I didn't think of how much closer you'd be to Mom from here! However, I'd hesitate recommending moving down here to anybody, as I'm sure I've lost all objectivity having been down here my whole life. But you've seen it before. Different kind of place, IMHO.

Sandy, sorry things are so crappy at your salt mine... sounds as if it's a given quantity; ain't nobody gonna change his spots.

Whelpt, let me get a cart and pick axe and start pluggin' at da' salt. At least it Thor's day, Oldsmobuddies ... so have a great one.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 5th, 2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old June 5th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Thought I'd check in before I hit the sack. I'm pretty sure we're going to see some rain today, so I'm not worried about getting up at a particular time. The dogs will let me know when it starts raining.

Not a bad night at work, for me, some other guys were trying to track down why the ailerons weren't working just right and making the autopilot disconnect on final. Imagine, the pilots actually having to fly the plane. I was stuck doing mostly cabin work all night.

John I think it was right at 3 hours from Pete's to my Mom's, and it's 5 hours from my house. I'd love to live somewhere different but I'm rather limited to my choices. Although I could always go up to New York.

Didn't see a black snake in the back yard last night and stepped on it, and when he wiggled I yelped. It scared the bejesus out of me. Some people were going past on their pontoon and thought it was funny. I told the snake to scram before the dogs saw it. Never saw a snake that far up into the yard before, usually they hang out right near the water.

Well I guess I'll take a snooze for a little while. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old June 5th, 2014, 05:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda humid. Got a brief shower dis mawn'in

Mike, I stepped on a Copperhead barefoot when I was a kid. Didn't bite me. Years later while quail hunting in South Gawga, I stepped on a rattlesnake. Didn't bite me but every frigg'in corn cob I stepped on fer years felt jes like dat rattlesnake.

Ain't real fond or Mr. No Shoulders

John, So ya gonna let dat possum on de half shell lay out there til de buzzards start circl'in?

Sandy,Maybe ya jes oughta take a baseball bat to werk.Kinda reminds me of an old Guy from Brooklyn youtube rant [ dat I can't post] about being searched before entering Yankee Stadium for pin knives while de give away 6000 bats to fans.

Mike, Have you seen de Amphi on Wheeler dealers?

Old June 5th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Kind of nasty here this morning. Started yesterday around 4:30. I just got the lawns done and the sky turned pewter and wind picked up to around 35 mph. Then the rain started. It just came down in buckets for a good hour. It let up some but has been on and off all night. Cool and wet this morning ( 41* and wind around 20 mph). I think I'll make a pot of coffee and stay inside.

Mike - I hate snakes. If it had been me who stepped on it I would have soiled myself.
Old June 5th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - just for you!

Old June 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by Allan R
Mike - just for you!
As long as we're spared of "My Girl Bill," we'll be OK
Old June 5th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ok, well just for that.....
Old June 5th, 2014, 11:19 AM

Wish I could post Richard Pryor about "snakes" but I better not
Old June 5th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Always room for one more

Well, not only did it not rain, I slept until almost 3. Not getting much done today. I did go check on the Corvette. They've had it a week and haven't touched it. At least it's inside.

Allan I used to love that song when I was little. I had the 45 and played the grooves off it. Sounds a little hokey now, I haven't thought of that song in years.

Jamesbo I haven't seen the Wheeler Dealer Amphicar, but I think I can get it off Youtube. That is if they don't restrict it. I'm not a fan of snakes in general either. This one yesterday was shaking its tail like a rattlesnake. I tried to nudge him to move away but I swear he was licking my boot.

Let's see, who can we dredge up that hasn't shown up for awhile. Don? 1ATony? Wolfman? Anyone ever heard from Uli after I stood him up at the Atlanta airport?
Old June 5th, 2014, 08:40 PM

Anyone ever heard from Uli after I stood him up at the Atlanta airport?
He's still waiting!!
Old June 6th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday.

Beautimus here this morning, hope it lasts. Yesterday we had a strong shower early evening with some wind, then it calmed down and that was that. The dogs were still on edge when we went to bed.

Might go look at a couple trucks today. Currently waiting on some expert advice about the dealers. I was so perturbed yesterday driving the Fiat, I got stuck behind a slow truck, then a slow van, and all's I could see was the bumpers. I thought, it would be nice to be up high like in a truck. So the Mustang convertible idea might be out.

Dan you're a funny guy. Actually I think that was around the last time we heard from him. I didn't blow him off on purpose, I thought we were meeting a different day and he put my phone number in his checked bag. Boy did I feel like a dolt.

Time for the Awful Waffle. Not sure what else I got planned, if I go see those trucks it will be an all day affair, as they are both way up on the north side of the city.

Have a good day all. Clint hope your trip is getting better.
Old June 6th, 2014, 06:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Like Mike said, Thunberboomers now claer.

Mike, I'm headed to de mountains or I'd meet cha and break bread. Me and Red dog are batch'in it tonite cuase de Super model is going to her x-husband's mother's sisters 3rd cousins celebration of life [bes I can figger out]

Yoooooooooo Hoooooooooo Uli, come out where ever ya are.

Well happy D-day every one. I won't bore ya again 'bout my uncle dat landed on the 1st wave at Omaha.
Old June 6th, 2014, 07:22 AM
GM Enthusiast

Good morning everyone. Rare opportunity for me to be on the computer in the morning but the kids have a half day so I just stayed home instead of going out to work.

Been detailing the engine compartment the last few nights, (weather has been great 60's-70's with low humidity - perfect for painting) got the radiator support, steering shaft, booster, and a few other things detailed. A couple more things to do and I'll post some pictures of the finished product.

John - yes the new Camaro Z28 is nice but at 75k, it is way out of my ballpark. I'm more of a Challenger fan and even though they are much less expensive, that's not happening anytime soon. I'd have to trade in my truck, which is not going anywhere.

Sandy - What happened to the Intrigue?

Jamesbo - many thanks to your uncle and the many others who sacrificed for us on this day.

Allan - I hear you about reliability. When you find something that's good, you stick with it. My wife has a 08 Chrysler 300 and I have the Ram Truck. Including both of them, that's 6 Chrysler product in a row we've bought without any problems.

Have a good day all, going back to work on the Olds before the kiddies come home.