The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dat's just beautiful Mike. Is it an 88 or 89?
Old May 9th, 2014, 06:47 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allan R
Darrell, the 1970 fenders had no crumple ridges. When 1971 production started there were a lot of leftover 1970 production fenders that went into the mix of many early to mid 1971 cars (depending on plant). Once they got used up, the crumple ridge fenders became standard use. It was a legislated safety issue to prevent the fender ridge from spearing straight back through and into the cabin.

Look at this pic showing the ridges along the inside horizontal ledge and compare it to your 71

Allan,

To the best of my knowledge, the car still wears all of its original sheetmetal with the exception of the left quarter panel, which was replaced with a GM NOS piece due to an accident back in the early 70's. So I am guessing that those fenders must have been 70 leftovers that ended up on mine. (It came out of Lansing.)
Old May 9th, 2014, 06:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Finally stopped raining this afternoon. Hopefully wil be nice this weekend.

I was driving today and passed a 90's Explorer that someone painted up to look like one of the ones from Jurassic Park. Even said "Jurassic Park" on the sides. Wish I could have snapped a picture of it but it went by me too fast. (Must have been being chased by something, LOL)

Clint - do you have a 58 and an 82 Vette?

Mike- nice Caddy. Gotta love those full size chrome bumpered beauties.

Scot - thanks. Yes, I need to have Sandy post pictures of her trophy shelves and cases. I need ideas.
Old May 10th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Always room for one more

It's the artificial worm today, I'm so early. Got up at 4 so I can head to Florida.

The Cadillac is an 87. I was in high school when that car came out, and I always wanted one. That was the car the successful people drove back then. Doctors, lawyers, etc. I think it has an elegant look to it.

Don't know what the rain is supposed to do today, so it might be a dry trip for me today or a wet one. I hope the rain moves out of here so it dries out for the beginning of the week. When I get home I really need to mow.

Well I'll see you guys in a couple. I'll leave you with another from the fleet.
Old May 10th, 2014, 04:44 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, Nice looking piece of fiberglass there. I finished up the 82 yesterday even tho he missed his Thursday appointment, but the guy never did come and pick it up. What a mess. They just threw the gaskets and o-rings at it. They even had one injector in 180* off. not sure how it didn't leak worse.

Darrell, No I don't own any vettes (that the lord baby Jesus) I'm just working on them at the shop.

Allan, I'll have some personal results with Darrell's concoction here next month. May help you out too. Don't want to mess around with Diabetes.

Have a weekend all
Old May 10th, 2014, 10:16 AM

Puter problems, sucker is head out de window
Old May 10th, 2014, 08:04 PM
GM Enthusiast

Mike - nice looking vette. My mom bought that car new and owned it for 10 years. Wish I could have bought it from her.

I'll share a pic of my 63 Riv:
Attachment 164535
Old May 10th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Suuuwwwweeeeeeeett!!!! Looks absolutely gorgeous Darrell. If ya want I could fly down and drive it back up here to store for a bit. I'd make sure it got some exercise every week...
Old May 10th, 2014, 08:18 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Very nice Darrell! Don't listen to Al, we don't use salt down 'ere on our roads She will be well taken care of if'n you wanna I should store it fer ya

On a serious note are you considering selling?
Old May 10th, 2014, 09:32 PM

A couple of nice cars, gotta love the Pace Car Mike, and a classic Riv. Darrell, very nice.
Old May 11th, 2014, 03:27 AM

happy mother's day Olds friends
Old May 11th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Mudders day to all you mudders....

Boy, it's quiet. You got up perty early to git de wurm Jim butchu dint need to by de looks uv it.

Finally a beautimus day up here in the frozen wastelands. I see Colorado is getting some of our leftover crap weather. Sorry bout dat Clint.

Next little while should be interesting. Gotta pull apart the old 14x14 deck, redesign it and build new. If all goes well I should have a helper if he ever gets out of bed, that is. This time around I'm going with a split deck - upper seating area with a lower 'pit' for the grill. De wife said she doesn't care as long as it's not 'bigger'. Like that really matters?

Scot - I wouldn't drive Darrells car in the winter!! Just the summer. Ya know - when the tundra unfreezes and we can go mud boggin....besides, I got a pressure washer that will clean it up nicely afterwards.

Mike - 87 is a great year Caddy. Remember when they had that 8-6-4? I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 foot pole. Heard all the time how they were in the shop getting 'tweaked'. I was helping a friend shop for a new car back in 89 and there were 2 87 Caddy 4 doors sitting on the lot. Both white with blue velour interiors. The dealer was desperate to get them sold and offered me 13,500 for my 83 Regency. Only problem was I didn't want to pay another 8K for the Caddy. Might have been a silly thing at the time but when you have no payments, why start making em???

Celebrate Mothers Day as you see the need. I'm sure everyone has a special way to do it. "Hi Honey - there's a fresh 6 pack in the fridge for later"
Old May 11th, 2014, 07:27 PM
GM Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I appreciate the offers to take it off my hands but I could never see myself parting with it. I've had the 63 Riv since high school and it was one of the first cars I ever drove. When I got it, it had 54k on it and today it sits at 89k. It was my grandparents first new car, so lots of history there. As a matter of fact, my grandmother is still alive and I store it in her garage when I don't have it at my house.

Sandy-hope you had a great mother's day!
Old May 12th, 2014, 02:55 AM

Hi all, LONG time no visit. We have been pretty busy here so I haven't had much time to get on here but I did find time to go on failbook as it is quicker to check in on stuff there

Glad to see everyone is still here and for the most part doing well.

It is starting to cool down a bit here which is welcomed in this house, nothing like ruggin up a bit.

Allegra is doing well, she is sleeping through the night now. Goes to sleep around 9 - 9:30 and wakes up around 6 - 6:30 so can't complain

To make my schedule even fuller I joined the gym around a month ago and I go before work so I am up at 3 in the morning I decided it was high time I got fit as I quit smoking nearly a year ago and that was as far as I got with the whole get healthy deal lol.

Here are a couple pics of me and mine, hope we don't give you nightmares lol.

Adrian

Last edited by Ausraven; May 12th, 2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old May 12th, 2014, 03:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice mawn'in before de thunder boomer arrive dis afternoon

Adrian, Gald all is well wit your family. do sum sit ups fer me.

Welp, Tis Monday so guess what?

Enjoy de week Olds friends
Old May 12th, 2014, 04:39 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Adrian, good for you on the smoking thing. Sucks but its worth it. If we could just get Jamesbo to figgure that out

Allan, you sure sent a lot of leftovers. Been snowing steady since yesterday morning. Probably have 3 inches on the grass. I'll be interested to see what my rain gauge shows. Maybe people will quit saying "we need the moisture" We live in a desert, we don't need the friggin moisture, What we do need is for a bunch of people to leave the state and quit putting so much pressure on our water situation.

Yup thats the kind of mood I'm in.

Happy Mothers day belated Sandy.

Got to drive Brit around on Saturday. Washed all the dirt off of her that the snow spotted her up with. Took her for a nice cruise up to Westminister and then down to Castle Rock to get my hair cut.

Have a Monday.
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Had a good trip to Florida. My niece's mother-in-law was there as well so it was nice to see her. Didn't do too much but it was nice to be with family. Got home this afternoon.

Picked up the dogs and ran a couple errands and have been catching up this afternoon. Gonna catch up here and see what I've missed.

Clint I hope your day got better.

Came through some rain in Alabama but no rain here since I've been home. Gotta mow tomorrow before the yard runs away.

Nice pictures of the family, Adrian.

Okay have you a good evening everyone.
Old May 12th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik chek-in

Hi, y'all... been scurrying around last few days and haven't even checked my e-mail...

Happy belated Mums' Day, Sandy! Hope you had a great one. I'm going to try and catch up with all the posts manana... not sure whether you posted yesterday or no.

Darrell, that Riv is sweet as Tupelo honey, as Van Morrison once said. And it has sentimental attachement, to boot. It's terrific to hear of people that actually drive their collector cars.

Whelp, it's late and I need to get ready for beddy-bye. I put a good dent in the air plumbing today, but the compressor ain't runnin' just yet. Another year or two and she should be purrin'.

Y'all have a great night, Oldsmopartners.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 14th, 2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old May 13th, 2014, 04:20 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, My word. What does your air plumbing consist of?

Mike all is good. Just wasn't ready for the weekend to be over. The Snow didn't help either.

Jamesbo, Hope you smacked him good.

Quiet in here.

We got just under 2 inches of water from that snow. Thats a huge chunk of our 16" of total ave. annual precip.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old May 13th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Oh how nice to sleep in my own bed and use my own shower. It's nice to get away, but it's nice to get back.

Got a few errands to run this morning after the Awful house. Lots to do around here when I get back. House cleaning, yardwork, any number of projects that don't seem to get done.

Darrell that's a beautiful car. I also have my Grandmother's car that she bought new, but it isn't as nice as that one.

Gotta hit the road. Hope everyone has a good day. Here is one of those aforementioned projects that never seems to get finished.
Old May 13th, 2014, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Anuuter nice one today,

Mike, How 'bout a pic of de Amphi?

I've got so much to do, I don't know where to get started. Course, If I don't do anything, I won't have to wrestle with all these decissions.

John, Are you pip'in with thread black pipe ere what?

Clint, i swear to Budda, Y'all got de craziest weather.

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 13th, 2014, 07:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

Weather is hot and we are having some gorgeous days here. Small chance of the wet stuff in the evenings, looks like we may get hammered on Thursday

Just got the yards mowed, "again" At least they look better, bu all the dust and pollen I stirred up ain't helpin' me one iota. I'll live

Mike glad you had a good visit Cool looking 'Vair you have there.

Adrian great pics brother Congrats on quitting I know I need to, just ain't quite ready. But hopefully when I am it isn't too late

Y'all have a great day Oldsmofriends
Old May 13th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Always room for one more

Thanks Scot. What you might not be able to see is that there's a small block Chevy where the back seat goes.

I don't have any good pictures of the Amphi, mainly because it's never looked good since I've had it. Here is a picture from not long after I got it.

Got all my errands run and now it's time to mow. Lord help me.
Old May 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM

Mike, Bring dat puppy to de mountain and let take her fer a float
Old May 13th, 2014, 10:10 AM

So just how many cars do you have Mike or are you not quite ready to give up that info yet

That amphi sure looks nice mate.

Did you have any luck whacking whitey around Jamesbo? It has been a while since I got out

Yeah Scot quitting was something that was a tough one but at the end of the day I quit for 2 reasons, 1 was so the kids have a better chance of not starting if they don't see us doing it and the other is the price. When your looking at nearly $20 for a pack of 30 smokes that hurts

Time to get to the gym before work to get that sit up done for Jamesbo

Take care ya'll

Adrian
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM

Adrain, I didn't do too bad fer an ole fat guy 44/44 w/ 2 birdies [jes shows ya I had sum bad holes also]
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Great! It's the day after whacky Monday...

Sun is shining, sky is blue, temps supposed to go waaaay up to around 68° later this afternoon. That means I'll be grilling some poke tendaloin for din din. Went to Wallymart yesterday to get a new grill cover. They had a nice selection and I picked a 58" premium one that the shelf said was 34.96. At the checkout the clerk said that was 44.98 + tax making it 47. and change. Huh?? I told her to check again. She ended up calling seasonal for a sku check but that means I'd be there for another hour before someone picked up. I went back and checked myself, with handy cell phone camera. WTH?? Someone had stocked the cover on the wrong shelf and left the price at 34.96. I went back and apologized, explaining what I'd found. She said - "Hey, you helped out by going and checking" - so she gave me the cover at the lower price!

On the way out to the car, my son found someone's CC lying in the parking lot. Looked like they just dropped it loading the car and didn't notice it fall. We walked it over to the bank just a block away and turned it in, explaining where it was found. The bank seemed really pleased and said they'd notify the owner immediately. I know that if I lost my CC I'd sure appreciate if someone did that for me too. Good lesson in civic responsibility for da boy too.

Jim - I'm gonna go whack de lon rite kwik. Putten on de de thatsher thingy on de mower and git it cleaned to de mat. We had voles under de snow dis year dat tore up de lon sumpin fearce.

Adrian - Good on ya Mate! Nice beard BTW. The kids are looking great.

Mike - Soooo, is the Corvair 'safe' at any speed? I always thought that book by Nader was rigged.

Clint - THAT is a horrible plumbing nightmare. Where did you find it??? Looks like de boiler room on an old steam boat to me... How'd your sleep apnea testing go? One of the guys I knew at work had it and when they tested him, he stopped breathing somewhere around 40 times every hour IIRC. No wonder you wake up so dang early or roust de missus. She's probably worried you're going to be an insurance claim. I honestly don't know what causes sleep apnea or how it's treated. BTW the new meds seem to be generally working. BP and HR are down slightly to high normal and the foot neuropathy is lessened by the drop too. 6 of 1, half doz of another so far.

Scot - Hope you were wearing a dust mask when you did the lawns. Allergies are no fun.

Darrell - With that low mileage I'd be worried more that no use means the seals are going to fail.
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Adrain, I didn't do too bad fer an ole fat guy 44/44 w/ 2 birdies [jes shows ya I had sum bad holes also]
Not bad at all - iznt dat whut dey call booger golf? I kin beat dat all day long and git an eezee age count on both front and back 9's.
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Allan, Maybe it's cause de voles get in de way
Old May 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo we wouldn't get far, the Amphi has more holes in it than Carter has liver pills. As soon as I can get it into the living room I'll start working on it.

Adrian, I don't say the number out loud. I don't mind people knowing, I just don't want to hear all the drivel that goes with me saying it. "You have HOW many?" "Geez what are you crazy?" etc. That being said, anyone is welcome to come here and count them.

Here's the DD. I'm loving that I can actually post pictures now.
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - that 500 could fit in the Caddy's trunk.

Jim - prolly. Dang voles likely steal da ***** an ferret dem away in der nests.
Old May 13th, 2014, 12:23 PM

Mike, From de little I know, ya gotten turn dem upside down and werk on the bottom 1st. Course we could always take ti to de lake an quickly indentify de major holes. If de blige pump is on high
Old May 13th, 2014, 09:43 PM
GM Enthusiast

Early humpday worm, lol.

Quiet day yesterday, not much going on other than I found out that I need to replace the voltage regulator in my Cutlass since the "Gen" light was on. Put a voltmeter to it and it would go from not charging at all to charging at 16 volts. It would start working if I tapped on the cover. Going to change it out before I fry the battery and alternator. Too bad since it is the original one. Hopefully I can at least switch the covers so I still have the "Delco Remy" look.

Mike - A Corvair and a 500 too? You must have a big garage!

Scot - How's the job search going?

Allan - don't have any issues with oil leaks with the 63 Riv, but the rear main on the Cutlass likes to leak. Put some Bars leak in there but so far no difference. Of course, I need to use it too.
Old May 14th, 2014, 04:39 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, Brit dribbles a little too. But I just think of it as her leaving her autograph whereever she goes. The Wifes AA has a rope rear main that leaks like a sieve. One of these days....

Allan, Ever since we went to the Canuck style of healthcare, our doc has gotten real busy. I have an appointment for my physical and blood draw on the 28th. Then we'll talk about the apnea and where to go from there. I'm more antsy to see where my Cholesterol readings are at.

Sandy hope you're well.

Have a great Wednesday all.
Old May 14th, 2014, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice so fer but cloud'in up

Sandy, Wha ya ar [ in de vernacular]

John must be stuck in de garage try'in to figger out which way to tighten black pipe

Mike, If ya put de Amphi in de living room you'd'have more space in de yard fer more cars.

Allan, Is dis your front yard?
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity

Mornin' from the saltmine, folks. Way muggy, and 'specting Elsie most of the day. Spose to be super nice beginning tomorrow, and into the weekend, however; so hopefully it's a good trade.

Clint, you must've come down for Jazz Fest and snuck in my garage to shoot that pic!

I'm almost ashamed (not quite) at how long this took me... but it looked so easy in the ad...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4023_200484023

Half the time was spent just getting all the other hardware I needed to hook everything up and make it all work. And being a perfectionist, I tried as best I could to get every segment of piping completely straight (it comes in a 100' roll). I guess compared to cutting cast iron pipe, it's easy. But it sure ain't like falling off a log.

I wanted to do it right, as I don't want to have to re-do it. This will meet all my air requirements for as long as I live... I probably only wound up using about 60' of the 100', but used all the hardware, of course. It includes a compressor drop + two other drops. If it all works, I'll be happy.... I could do it a lot faster now, though, having done one. But I'm having a time drilling the 3/4" holes in my concrete to mount the compressor. I'm using a brand new 3/4" masonry bit and a hammer drill, but this concrete just seems to be laughing at it... I think it's the gravel in the concrete... .what a mess. There's gotta' be a better way.

Nice pic's, Adrian. As for you, are you sure you haven't made any guest appearances in Duck Dynasty? ;-) You could pass for a Louisiana boy with all that cheek fur.

Mike, I know exactly how you feel. Who's counting? Glad you had a nice trip and got to see some family. And speaking of using your own shower, I keep trying to put myself in this guy's Converse All-Stars: http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/free-man-258937081.html

Jamesbo, yeah, yesterday I was really pushing it to at least have the compressed air going. I did get one of the hosereels up, but was unsuccessful in getting those holes drilled in the concrete. We're progressing.... Congrats on the whitey-whackin' score... sounds impressive, especially when you're as ignorant about golf as I am. "Addressing the ball" in the Honeymooners is about as far as I can take it.

Y'all have a great Humpity, Oldsmofriends.

Originally Posted by CQR
John, My word. What does your air plumbing consist of?

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 14th, 2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:29 AM

Great news John, I was afraid you was thread'in pipe out in de garage. From de comments, it sounds like all ya needed was a helper to keep your hose straight. I don't think I'll go there
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

I is here! Clouds and sun this morning, temps in the high 60's. Had more rain last night after those horrible storms Monday evening. Tornado watches were out all over on Monday. Awful weather. Yesterday was a beautiful 88*!!!!!

I had a nice long post that didn't post yesterday on this kindle.

Brian was off sick Monday and Tuesday. It was so nice in here! He's back today all stuffed and blowing his nose. He wasn't happy cause Tom our landlord came in Monday with a HVAC kid and put in an electronic thermostat, and he wasn't here. I'm loving it! I have it set on 72 out there and it gets up to 73 out there and 76 in here before the AC turns on. Tom found a vent tube running from this ceiling vent in here over into the garage part of our unit which we rent to the unit next door. There was no damper on it so Tom said they blocked it off. So now we are getting more air out of this ceiling vent! Brian doesn't like it of course cause it blows his way now. Tom anchor the kid adjusted all the ceiling vents and said Brian shouldn't be messing with them. Tom also didn't even hear my fan running! He sent Brian an email explaining what all they did and he mentioned the quietness of the fan,lol! Brian didn't like that. Tom said the only thing he could suggest for a quieter fan is one of those blade less ones.... I told Brian that no one has complained about the temp being at 72* all week. So when he messes with it we'll know its because HE'S not comfy. All about him in here....

Mother's day was good. Stayed home and puttered around with flowers and such. Ate at Red Lobster on Saturday! Delicious...

Tincanio got her recall fixed and also a new free muffler and catalatic(sp) converter! Didn't cost me anything because the muffler had a hole in it and the lady said it's covered by a warranty I have through Toyota that I didn't know I had lol. I guess I have it until sometime in 2015.

Teepo hasn't spewed out any coolant so far since I parked her in the garage after Bellacinos last week. I guess that's good.

Jamesbo... I planted my one cherry mater and 10 green bean plants in my little garden by the deck last night. Larry already planted a tomato and some banana peppers out in the big garden. I have 2 more maters and green peppers to plant out there yet. I have to get some lettuce seeds and plant in my little garden. I worked outside until 8:30 last night then I had to get off my sore feet.

Went and got the port flushed yesterday. Was so thankful I wasn't going for chemo!!

Well lets see if this posts. You all have a great humpday!!
Old May 14th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Swensdaey already? Aw rats, or voles...whatever.

Jim... That could be! Only we had a frozen layer separating two layers so that fox would have smershed it's beak. Seen foxes hunt like that before. Cool to watch.

Clint... I just do the blood work and wait for the doc to pass judgement. Usually I end up getting lectured. Hope your results show good improvement.

Darrell... Over the winter the rear shaft seal on the tranny let go, so I'm going to pull the tail shaft to get it. It's a TH350 so not that hard to do.
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:55 AM

Mid morning all...er noonish! Hey Scot with one "T" I need to give ya some info on your Olds' paint. About why it was taken up to Cadillac to be painted rather then done at the Olds plant.