The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all... First day of Jazz Fest, Clint. I ain't goin', as usual. Also first day of Zurich Classic Golf Tournament in the city, Jamesbo. Decent weather forecast for both, thank goodness.

It takes a special type to handle one of them babies, Mike!

Pat, glad to hear you were able to tell about it... Maybe we could all join resources and establish the CO GMT Emergency Medical Center.

TGIF, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 25th, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

TGIF day!

Clint - Having 8 "chicks" would be a fathers worst nightmare! So this brood is going to be Thanksgiving din din?

Cool and misty this morning. Supposed to stay the sme till de Sabbath.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:32 AM
CQR

No, These will be for egg production.

Almost Fergot.

Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday"?
Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Raining here now and temps going to the 60's today.

I'm leaving at noon for my plastic surgeon appt. over in the Canton area at 1:00. Hopefully I'll be back here before 4. My nice last day without Brian.

So it's looking like rain next Thursday for Bellicinos cruise in opening. Figures. Went through this last year. I gotta pull Teepo out this weekend and do some touch up work under the hood if my achy back can take the bending over the fenders.

I started taking my DoTerra natural supplements last night at supper. One of the pills causes me to burp a lot and they're quite yucky, lol. I take 9 pills twice a day. 6 of them are natural vitamins, 1 is an organ cleansing pill, and 1 is the cancer cell fighting pill. The lavender oil I've been putting on the sore spots on my feet is clearing g them up. I'm using a tree tea oil now on the peeling places. Still swelled though...

AllanR.... nope. I haven't had any other side effects from the beta blocker. Just the raynauld syndrome. No dizziness or anything else.

Citcapp! Sorry to hear about the accident. That sucks! Glad you're ok though. We could start a new thread about getting you a new truck.... kinda like that thread we had going years ago about getting the electric powered chair, lol!! Remember that one? We need Blue and his humor though.

Well I gotta get ready to leave so you all have a great Friday!!
Old April 25th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

What a beautiful day. Up to 80 and a nice breeze. Gonna be like this for awhile.

I went to bed last night early and still slept till 1 this afternoon. I could barely move by the time I got into bed.

So I still don't have the Fiat back. I called the service guy this afternoon and he said he's got the dash out to replace the heater cable that wouldn't go all the way to defrost. Then he has to take it to some other shop to look at the top and the headliner so see why the two don't meet. He has 9 hours so far into the heater cable. This just tells me I need to get rid of this car before the warranty is up.

Sandy I hope you heard some good news at the plastic surgeon today. Keep positive thoughts that Bellacino's will be sunny and dry. Summit's first cruise is Monday the 28th. A week earlier than in years past so it's a good thing I was on their website and found out.

Okay gotta get ready for work. First night back after ten off. Oh boy. Have a good night and weekend everyone.
Old April 25th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ooops, my daily contribution too. Tanks Clint....

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before!
Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, Sir
Old April 26th, 2014, 04:31 AM

Ken, [I think that was his name [he had a later 70 dark blue beautiful 442 and a giant Oldsmobile sign in his garage with a white couch] 1st told this joke so, I’ll give him credit

Baby seal goes into a bar and the bartender says< What will you have?”

Baby seal says, Anything but Canadian Club on the rocks.”
Old April 26th, 2014, 05:52 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Gotta get ready for the race tomorrow. have a day.
Old April 26th, 2014, 06:08 AM

I just let my 17 year old daughter take my Custom Cruiser for the day. So this is what an anxiety attack feels like. No sir, I don't like it. Don't like it at all. I just found all the motivation I need to get her her own car.
Old April 26th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ken, [I think that was his name [he had a later 70 dark blue beautiful 442 and a giant Oldsmobile sign in his garage with a white couch
That would be Ken Pilidis, Jim. He goes by '442much' on this site. That's also the tag on his car. He lives about half hour from me.

Really foggy here first thing. Time for a cuppa koffy....or something. I already got the 'koff' part covered.

Looking forward to my day.

Prof - lol, better you than me. This is one reason daughters cost more....
Old April 26th, 2014, 07:31 AM

Yeah, Dat Ken, He used to be a regular on dis thread. His son is a great football player
Old April 26th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Last time he was on here was March 24 dis year. Not a lot of activity over the past year either. Maybe that thing called life getting in the way. He's still president of the Northern Lights Chapter Oldsmobile Club. His last thread was about the 'California Dreaming' tour through Canada/USA last year. He's got 2 sons and he's proud as heck of both of em.

This was before he got 'The Beast' repainted. Here's a link to the write up on it on the wac site: Ken Pilidis 442
Old April 26th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Always room for one more

Happy weekend everyone.

Wow that's a nice picture of Ken's car. I wish he'd come back to us. Lots of people have come and gone, seems kind of funny.

Beautiful day here, and not quite as warm as yesterday. Gonna last through at least Tuesday so I might get something done when I'm done working.

Not much going on otherwise. Night number 2 is here. Night number 1 wasn't so bad.

The paint shop has painted up one of our retired 757s in its delivery paint scheme. Looks nice. It's going to sit outside Hangar One over at the museum. It's beautiful and I like seeing the old paintjob, but it's kind of sad seeing it and remembering how things were and knowing what they've become. Eh, everything changes.

Okay time to get ready. Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 26th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Down boy! quit slobbering. NO! You can't bring that home and put it in your yard, no matter how purty it is!
Old April 26th, 2014, 05:58 PM

Good evening everyone.

Another week is over! It was cool and raining today and looks like most of the next week is going to be wet. Not looking good for the first cruise nights and car shows.

The Mustang club had it first unofficial meet this week. It was nice to see people again, even if it was a little cool.

I saw a short wheelbase GM RV while I was out today. Somehow they look both old and yet still a little futuristic.

Mike, that plane looks good. I've heard that a few airlines are painting some of their planes in retro schemes. Some of them were interesting.

Ken does have a nice car.

Good luck Professur.

Have fun at the race Clint.

Sandy, think positive, sunny thoughts! The weather can change a few times between now and Thursday.

Allan, those are some good jokes.

Pat, glad you are ok.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
Old April 26th, 2014, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Took the truck to two body shops. The frame is bent at the rear spring perches and at the point where the bed of the pickup meets the cab of the truck. The frame has to be replaced and the bed is bent in the middle and it has to be replaced too along with the rear bumper and the trailer hitch. So far the repair bill sets at $13K and climbing. Safco has told the selected body shop to remove the bed and give them a call to come inspect. Might be totaled. I know how this is going to end up and I will be the loser in any case. Damn I really liked that truck
Old April 26th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Nice day here today. Sunny but windy, and temps got up to around 58. Was cold in the shade though.

I did some cleaning and the laundry. Went outside and hoed and raked the dirt in my little garden area by the deck. My biceps hurt like heck while I was doing it. Damned chemo has kicked my butt! I'm like so weak and it makes me crazy. My eyes water and the 'taxotears' (as the other ladies who had taxotere)call them, were just rolling down my face like I was crying my eyes out, lol. Very annoying. But it was nice to be out in the sun doing something!! I picked more daffodils and hyacinths and brought in. The Bleeding Hearts, Hollyhocks Peonies and hostas are up a few inches out of the ground. Some of the lilys and daylilys are coming up. The tulips are up with buds. The deer have chomped some of them already.

We went to Wal Mart earlier and I bought 3 new geraniums and some dianthisis and some verbenia and alysium. They have all the pretties out now, though it's early. I'm making mostly planters this year cause we just can't keep up with all the flowerbeds.

Tomorrow I'm pulling Teepo out and cleaning her up some. Gonna put the T3's in that Mike sent me and see if they work. Then I'm gonna plant my green bean seeds in the seed starters so they can get ready. I don't think our ground is warm enough yet to plant in. Maybe by July...

I took a nice soaking bath in epsom salts, baking soda and lavender drops. Felt much more relaxed after. Had Larry rub the Doterra deep blue stuff on my achy back. Sure don't know why it hurts so bad. I wonder if it's fluid under my shoulder blades... I've been putting oils that are supposed to be good for edema on my feet and ankles. We'll see if it helps the swelling any.

The visit to the plastic surgeon went well. He explained the surgery... ain't gonna be a picnic, that's for sure. He said how he will take a little rib out of each side so he can run the blood vessels up. He said some ladies blood vessels have plaque in them and not much room for blood flow. Hope mine aren't full of cholesterol, lol. It will be about a 12 hour surgery and I'll come out with all sorts of drain tubes. And a shi*load of pain, I'm sure!! I'll spend the first night in the ICU where I'll have a nurse monitoring the blood flow to the new breasts. If it stops, he is notified and back to surgery we go. If all is well, I'll be moved to a regular room the next day. He said I'm not a good candidate for implants because of the radiation treatment I had previously on the one breast. He will have a partner in working with him. I have to go see the breast surgeon lady who will do the mastectomies, so I'll call her Monday and get an appt. While she is doing the mastectomies, he will be cutting the abdomen and getting the tissue and blood vessels. Then when she is done, his partner will be closing the abdomen while he is rebuilding the breasts. They all have to get the prior authorizations from Cigna. He said it will be about a 6 week recovery. I'm hoping to schedule it towards the end of August. I just want to enjoy some of the summer without being cut, poked or jabbed and in pain. God I'm tired of hurting! Even though it will be rough for awhile, It will be worth it in the long run.

Well my hands hurt so I'm gonna get off of here. You all have a good night!
Old April 27th, 2014, 05:34 AM

Wakey wakey! Morning everybody wherever you are, Jamesbo, ya must get to sleep in, up in the mountains. See ya.
Old April 27th, 2014, 06:51 AM

Try'in to figger out what to do next
Old April 27th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

The theory of why you do that is unknown.

You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up
You put the lime in the coconut and call the doctor, woke him up
I said doctor, is there nothing I can take
I said doctor, to relieve this bellyache

Supposedly it's a cure fer sumpin, but I don't know what.

Still cold and wet here. Enjoy your Sunday.

Ok, just about forgot to reply to the seal joke....

Question: What game do you play with a Wombat?
Answer: Wom, of course

Last edited by Allan R; April 27th, 2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old April 27th, 2014, 12:24 PM

Hi Folks! How's everyone been? Been away for a while but do lurk every once in a while. That car and garage look just like mine. Just waiting for the really nice weather to hit full time. Mother Nature has been teasing us and then pulling the rug from under us.

Here's one for ya. The Penguin Joke

Last edited by 442much; April 27th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old April 27th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Sunday everyone.

Ken welcome back! Once again the Beetlejuice effect.

Allan is that a song? Or has the winter weather finally gotten to you?

Not a bad night at work, got home before 5. I know that won't be the case tonight, I've seen who my lead is gonna be. Yet another case of God syndrome.

Not much going on here. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, what's left of it.
Old April 27th, 2014, 06:07 PM

Good evening everyone. I finally had a nice relaxing day. I was do for one.

Welcome back Ken.

Good luck at work tonite Mike.

Have a great week everyone!
Old April 27th, 2014, 06:39 PM

No! No! Not the Penquin video!!! LOL.
Old April 27th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Allan is that a song? Or has the winter weather finally gotten to you?
Lessee now, yes and yes. Last few days have been somewhat depressing with rain and cooler weather. The song though? It's a Nilsson special. Have a look/listen.
Old April 28th, 2014, 04:32 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well the race was good tho not as fun as it could have been. Was snowraining when we took our parade lap and winds were out of the north at about 25 mph. Then it dried out got real dusty and continued to blow with some really heavy gusts. (Not much fun when you are jumping and you land almost off course because of the wind )

Ken, Howdy. Glad you're ok. Sure love your car. Glad I was able to see it once, even only for a split second.

Have a Monday all.
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Captain Starfire

Welcome to Monday

Salt mine greetings, gang. This week, it's Mon + Wed., and hopefully a nice work hiatus until the Wed the 7th, so's I can get caught up (or at least move in the right direction) at the Plantation. It's been a zoo there (or at least a menagerie w/ the 3 kitties) since returing from da' hills.

I started my taxes yesterday after filing an extension -- but didn't get far --> I had been procrastinating on the paperwork so long, I practically just got back to Ground Zero yesterday. Should be able to get things together Tuesday to give to our guy by next week.

Washed the pick'em-up and the Camry yesterday evening -- not that either needed it. The Fusion's lookin' like it's been disowned, but my back didn't have the stamina to go for 3 in a row.

As far as ol' Harry Nilsson, I used to really like him when I was a pup -- as somebody I know says. Never liked "Everybody's Talkin'," but I was kinda' young in '69, especially for Midnight Cowboy kinda' stuff. But "Me and My Arrow," "Coconut," "Without You," and "Spaceman" were real faves of mine back in da' day. Hard to believe he's been pushin' up daisies for 20 years now. Anybody remember some sort of "Harryfest" they used to have on the left coast after he died? That apparrently went the way of the dodo bird, as well.

Y'all have a real moon day, Oldsmosiblings.

p.s.: Penguin joke on Youtube says "not available in your country." Go figger....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 28th, 2014 at 05:35 AM.
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:30 AM

De cow cometh and goeth away.

The penguin joke is my all time favorite. Can't beat de delivery

GTG Whitey awaits
Old April 28th, 2014, 05:34 AM

Thanks for the good thoughts guys. I'll close the loop saying I got my babies back in the same condition they left ....'cept for my gas tank. It seems Daddy's little road hog has something of a heavy right foot.
Old April 28th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Rain started here right before noon,temps at 52*. Looks like it's gonna be a rainy and cooler week. Not sure about Bellacinos Thursday.

Had a good weekend though it was windy!! A little cool too. Took Teepo out of the back garage to move her to the house garage and sure as shi* there's a little puddle of tranny fluid on the cardboard and drips on the floor all the way where I backed her out. Larry crawled under her to look once I got her on the house driveway. He couldn't see much cause of the muffler, but I looked too and a nice fast drip was coming out and going down the side of the pan. He said it doesn't look like a line is leaking or anything. but he couldn't see real good up there. Once she's warm the leak stops. Then she decided to spew coolant out the overflow hose.... never saw that before. I thought it might be the Fusicks cap cause it's getting rusty inside, so I found the old cap and put it back on. Ran her to the gas station and got an icy and came back home. All was good! I don't know why that happened but I didn't like it!!! Hope it doesn't happen again!!! I didn't really warm her up any when I backed her out of the garage. Just a minute and then backed up to the house garage so she wasn't up to temperature yet... I don't know.

I took some soapy water and washed the engine then touched up the paint where it needed it. My back was killing me from bending over the fenders and my feet hurt, so I pulled her in the garage and sat down awhile. I've never been so sore in my life as I am now. Those drugs must get in the muscles too. My biceps hurt, my thighs hurt, my shoulders. God!!

I called a breast surgeon lady in Akron this morning and made an appt to see her on May 19th. I have to bring all the pathology and operative reports and go get copies of my last 2 mammograms and take with me when I see her.

The wonderful place that did the genetic testing sent my last blood work to a lab that is out of Cignas network so Cigna sent me a letter saying they would pay at the 'out of network ' level. So I'll have to pay the rest. Idiots!!! It was over $3000 in January when they did the first testing. Can't wait to see what this one will be. I didn't want another friggin bill to pay on.

I loved Coconut! I bought it on a 45, lol. Used to play it over and over. I still sing it sometimes.

Got the green bean seeds planted in the seed starters yesterday. Sure hope it warms up soon and stays warm...

Ken... welcome back! Must have heard we were talking about you, huh? Don't be a stranger.

Well I better get off here. You all have a good day.
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

A little overcast but we got precious little rain last night. Hope that's it.

So who knew. The bad lead sicked out last night and I spent the whole night running the lift for a group of guys working on an antenna on top of a 747. Got home maybe an hour early and slept till noon. Not bad I'd say.

Sandy are you allowed to tell the testing center where to send the lab work? If it's that big of a difference between places I'd sure try. What difference does it make who looks at the lab work, Cigna is going to get the bill anyway.

I haven't washed cars in weeks. Months even. Maybe next week I can start up again. There's still a hint of yellow dust in the air.

Prof I had a feeling the car would be okay, and I also had a feeling the tank would be empty. I never got away with that. When I drove my mother's car I had to put gas in it. Before I got my own car I learned real quick it was easier to get use of the car if I took care of it a little. Some gas, kept it clean, I pretty much could do what I wanted.

Thanks Allan that song is stuck in my head now. Wonder what would purge it out of there. Hm one of my all time favorites, and it's NOT about Lysergic Acid Diethylamide. At least I don't think so.

Summit tonight. First one of the season. Should be a good time.

Okay gotta do something hope the week started out good for everyone.
Old April 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - that's a great song. Especially loved those piano licks. Really nice bouncy little tune. Have fun at Summit.

Ken - Yeah, that does look like your garage doesn't it? I was starting to wonder if you were still alive bud. The 455 rebuild still holding up ok?

Clint - gotcha beat! I've actually sat in that car of Kens. Puts a smile on your face everytime...Love that it's got those swivelling buckets. Dad almost bought a 76 Mallyboo klassik 2 door (454 4bbl) with them. Firethorn exterior with white interior.
Old April 28th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Purdy durn quiet here today, so here's the Can eh jun poke o the day...

Ken is walking down the street carrying a case of Canadian (beer to y'all).
His friend Paul stops him and asks, “Hey Ken! Whacha get the case of beer for?”
“I got it for my wife, eh.” answers Ken.
“Oh!” exclaims Paul, “Good trade.”
Old April 29th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone and soggy, soggy worm.

Rain rolled in around 330 this morning, and of course the dogs went berzerk. Looks like it might clear up for a little while, but I don't think it's over. Awful house might be out if it starts thundering again.

I thought the guy was coming yesterday for the pontoon but I didn't hear from him. Went to Summit last night. There was a pretty good turnout for the first cruise, but no Oldsmobiles.

Better get going while I have a quiet moment. Have a good one all.

Last edited by slantflat; April 29th, 2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old April 29th, 2014, 04:47 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike. Did you take your Vert to Summit? Why am I getting the feeling that these new Fiats are the Yugo's of the "10's"

Allan, I grew up in a 76 cutlass S sedan. We had that car from 77 until 86. Had 211K on it when dad and I were out hunting and a 69 LTD tboned us out in the middle of farm country.

Sandy, I need to get Brit washed up. She's been sitting in the garage with dirt spots on her since she was at the shop and got snowed on *Gasp* I did drive her Cabelas on Saturday dirty and she you still wouldn't believe how many people owned one just like her.

Prof, glad the kid got it back in one piece.

Jamesbo, Hope it was a good day at the links.
Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
Caddy: "I don't think so, sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

John, Groovy man, Groovy.

Well I'm a little less sore than I expected today. I didn't have any beer last night. Only Water with electrolytes in it. With how the night worked out and how I feel this morning. I need to keep up with that. Less beer, more water. We'll see how this weekend goes. I got the quads all washed up last night. I'll do some maintenance tonight on them and we should be good to go. Here is the start of Sundays race. The Kid is 80, the missus is 660, and I'm 514.

Have a day all.
Old April 29th, 2014, 06:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Too wet to paint fences

So, I guess I'll jes weed whack under dem
Old April 29th, 2014, 07:24 AM

Ya know, I was gonna post something, but answered the phone...and the thought is gone!
Old April 29th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
The theory of why you do that is unknown.

You put the lime in the coconut and call the doctor, woke him up

Supposedly it's a cure fer sumpin, but I don't know what.

Still cold and wet here. Enjoy your Sunday.

Ok, just about forgot to reply to the seal joke....

Question: What game do you play with a Wombat?
Answer: Wom, of course

I am sure in Harry's case it is a cure for a hangover.
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Always room for one more

Well the pontoon is gone. I'm glad. I wasn't going to do anything with it for a long time, and if I ever get the urge to have a boat again it sure as heck won't be a project. Well, one as big as that one.

Clint I didn't take the convertible. The top goes down okay but doesn't want to come back up. I'm guessing it's low on fluid and it's a big pain to get it raised. I've got the mtc manual around here somewhere I need to look up how to service it.

The Fiats are nothing more than cheep economy cars. I can't believe cheep is 16K, because I remember when cheep was 5K. Hope that guy calls today.

Jamesbo I forgot about painting the fence. You were supposed to call me. Well, next week if it isn't raining I'll come up. Unless I forget.

Hope I can get something done before the weather comes back.
Old April 29th, 2014, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jamesbo I forgot about painting the fence. You were supposed to call me. Well, next week if it isn't raining I'll come up. Unless I forget..
Mike, Fear not the super model reminds me 3 X a day