The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

Yeah Scot.... I told Larry I need a little revolver that I can put bullets in, lol. I held Brian's little 380 when he got it, but I didn't try to slide the thing back so I don't know if it would be easier and not have such a stiff spring on it. I liked the way it felt in my hand, though.

I missed my walk today. I just couldn't sit here with Brian again and eat my lunch, so I left and went to Arby's. Ate in Tincanio and read, lol. It's a balmy 41 degrees out now. I have to leave at 4:45 today and get to the new bank in Hudson that Larry is refinancing everything through, and sign some papers. He got pissed at me the other day cause I couldn't leave at 3:00 and get there at 3:30 today. I told him Clay is off and I just couldn't leave them for 2 hours. He seemed to think that I can leave work early for Linda, for Nicole, for Teepo.... for anything but him. He screamed that at me on the phone, then hung up on me. He can be such a di*k!!!!!!! So he got it rescheduled. He's the frigging new customer. If they want his business and money, they can accomodate him and his schedule.
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Were the tree huggers right? Has the paperless generation got the right idea? Check it out Paperless Gone Too Far
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:07 PM

Scot,

Given the fact dat Sandy is what we PC people refer to a "Vertically challanged"

I'd vote for the 380 only because it's aka 9mm "kurz" which everyone knows is german for short.

Allan, Fer reason I'm not fully aware, I don't think we've got alot of Tree Huggers on dis sight. Everyone's too busy try'in to drown polar bears with their 455 burning up the ozone layer. Speak'in of which. Ya know all dat rubber that goes away when your tire tread wears down. Ever wonder where it goes? I mean like shouldn't there be some large pile of tire dust some where?
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Funny you should mention that. It's eerily akin to where did the other sock in the dryer go to? Somewhere in the world is a stack of mismatched socks, lint, buttons and tire rubber just waiting for discovery...

So when y'all do a burn out some of the rubber sticks to the track or road and some of it is breathed in as tire smoke. Other parts are stuck to the car till y'all hose it off. Then it makes its way to the ocean where it's absorbed by marine life. So...

a) your lungs will inhale rubber which is not processed by the body so it stays in your body
b) that fish you had for supper contained rubber particles (another nail in the Omega 3 coffin) so it's like mercury - you're always accumulating it.

Either way, somewhere in your body is a brand new 225/70/14 waiting to be pooped out.
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM

Allan, I've wondered 'bout de dryer lint too. If ya pull a few ounces of lint outa de dryer every time ya do clothes, How come ya go any clothes left?
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, that's eeassssy to answer. Ever notice how your shirts and pants keep getting smaller the more times you wash em??? However, better that than walking around smellin like de trash. unless of course you are good friends wit de neighborhood flies and such...
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:32 PM

Good Evening everyone,

Another cold, snowy day up here. At least it's Friday.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Happy Friday.

We're digging out from another foot o white stuff. Yup, that's right. A breeze from South America has deposited a layer of cocaine almost a foot thick all over western AB. This was evidenced early this morning watching the morning commute act like a bunch o' idiots.
Allan, that has got to be the best description of snow I have ever heard!

Jamesbo, that is a great video.

Have a great weekend!
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:33 AM

Whar de heck is everyone?

Me, I'm gonna enjoy dis spring like day.
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Captain Starfire

Me too, Jamesbo. Finally da' weekend....

Got my new phone on line dis mawnin.... So far, so good. Verizon has great service down in my ZIP.

Love the dancing NANA, Allan. She dances way better than she walks; love her taste in music, too....

Gotta start work on the miserable taxes. Better half didn't even get her '12 stuff from her delinquent employer yet. To coin a phrase, "Shish."

Was 46* this morinng, but spoze to get very warm down here 2day. (mid-hi 70s).

Y'all have a great weekend....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 16th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Saturday hath commeth to the worldeth and I musteth be livingingeth the wrongeth parteth of iteth.

No change from yesterday. Paul will know what I mean.

Kudos to all of you who live in more temperate climes. Enjoy!

John - yes sireeebob! That Nana rocks. Makes me hopeful that at 88 I'll be that spry. I'm a sucker for that 50's music too. I installed an 8 track in my original 72 Cutlass (gosh that takes me back about a thousand years) and I remember using my Dad's 8 track recorder to put together some Neil Sedaka, Paul Anka, Boston, ELO etc tapes I could blast while cruising to the lake or around town. Still love watching movies like American Graffiti and Grease just for the music. (Well ok, Olivia Newton John in those tight black pants works too).

Gotta go out and shovel more 'stuff' soon. Been accumulating all morning and it's not stopping. My old back says to do it 2X while it's less deep than 1X when it's deeper and heavier.
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Ye Allan, I said as long as I'm puttin' one foot in front of another at 88, I'll be pretty grateful !

Sounds as if your back is sensible That's one thing we don't need as a general rule down here.... snow shovels & blowers

Whenever I hear of 8 tracks (I've never owned an 8-track player -- be it home or car), I think of my little brother's '77 Monte Carlo. It had a factory one. And my good friend's '66 Falcon with one that must've set him back $29.95 at Woolco or Zayre's back in the day (including 4" round speaks!).

I was always a cassette guy; got my first Concord for Christmas '68, after I saw my uncle's that he got the year before. Mine used 6 "C" cells and sucked down those old batteries like they were water . Thank goodness I could plug it in, too.... I can remember a couple of the songs I first recorded with the little microphone; one was The Doors "Touch Me," and another was Lady Madonna by (you know who)....

Yep... at the risk of sounding like Archie Bunker, "Doze were da' daze."
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hee hee hee, fraid to type 'The Beatles'?? I'm that old too!!

Nowadays 'You know who' is synonymous with Harry Potter's Lord Voldemort (He who must not be named). My how the times have changed. Why even with HP we've seen him grow up from an urchin to uber wizard.
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Cold, sunny day here today. But a nice day to stay inside and take it easy.

Allan, looks like your snow is coming this way. The forecast Tuesday is for 15-20cm. I'm ready for spring any time now.
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul, you're welcome to as much of it as you want! I've shovelled 5X in the last 2 days now.

Just got back from picking up Joanne at work. The driveway and sidewalks were cleaned before I left. 45 minutes later there's over 4 cm and it's going nuts with bands of heavy snow with breaks of light stuff in between. We'll likely get another 15cm over night and more tomorrow.

I usually drive Joanne to work when the snow is bad because her little Saturn doesn't handle it as well as the Sonata. Plus I've got those nice electric tush warmers in the leather upholstery.

I'm ready to move to a warmer place sooner than later. Just need Graeme to finish college and this place is for sale. Lower main land here we come.
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:30 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Whar de heck is everyone?
Still here Jamesbro. Had some virus computer issues but I am back up and running again.

Waiting for the warmer weather, I know spring is coming with the flowers coming up. Was snowing here most of the day but it really didn't stick. Kids were excited to see it but nothing to play in.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Darrell - pour you puter a nice hot rum toddy. That and some good anti-biotics should do the trick
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:21 AM

Mawn'in all

Too pretty to sit at de puter dis mawn'in but I wanted to share sum international news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sex-trade.html
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Another beaut today with temps inching towards the 80s

I would suggest the largest caliber round you are comfortable with Sandy and you want to be able to use it too if need be, so you need to be more scared of getting mugged or worse than handling the firearm safely.

Well after owning my house for almost 20 years, I've never had any problems about things going missing. But in the last few months I have had two bicycles and two gas cans go AWOL. Well Thursday I go and get 4 gallons of gas so I can cut the backyard grass on Friday. I came home and put the gas can just over the fence in the back. Well Friday came and no gas can

So I take it upon myself and go searching for it since I had a pretty good idea of who the perps were or should I say punks? Sure enough there it sat in the front yard of a bunch of delinquents that either dropped out of school so they can practice skateboarding all day or are skipping school. So I pull over in front of their yard and call the county's finest. One of them come over to me and ask is there a problem and I say you bet there is, that is my gas can over there. Well one of them go over and retrieve it thinking I would take my can and just leave. Nope I wait for Mr Deputy to show and by me doing that there were 5 in the yard when I got there and by the time the Deputy showed up there was only two and the so called mother of the one that lives at that residence.

Comes to find out that she is more worried about me blocking her driveway and the road than teaching her kids right from wrong. Well the Deputy gets my statement and the evidence of it actually being my can by the faded sticker I am absolutely 100% certain that is my can and tells me to go back to my house and he would be there shortly. Sure enough he returns with my can saying that she was trying to say it was her can but couldn't be sure, but that he was able to locate 3 more gas cans after she stated she only had one

Needless to say we (the Deputy and I) had a very long discussion about these punks walking the neighborhood all of the time including the wee hours of the night "casing" out stuff to steal. Well he gives me some valuable advice and bids farewell after I thank him for returning my gas can. And come to find out someone else had called the law back to the same residence later on that same evening about some illegal drug use, so it seems I am not the only one worried about the safety and the well being of our neighborhood There are only a very few things I won't tolerate and stealing is one of those things. I can't stand a thief!

Okay enough of my Sunday mawning rant

That's too bad for the kids Darrell, it sounds like Allan has plenty for them though

Yall have a great Sunday out there in Oldsmobile land
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy St Paddy's Day everyone.

Jamesbo - No, nope, uh uh, never in a million years. You must be bored....

Scot - Sorry to hear about your problem neighbors. You should set some sort of trap for them. Like a gas can with snakes inside....

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
GM Enthusiast

Happy Sunday everyone!

Allan - These computer viruses are something else. Not even safe to search the web.s

Scot - Great detective work to figure out who was doing it. Not surprising that the parents didn't care or had no clue. If they did, the kid would not behave that way. I know if I did that when I was a kid I would have got a whooping!
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:27 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah it stinks not feeling secure Al but I think most of them boys are on some sort of probation so with the sheriff being called, and me knowing where they live should be suffice. On top of that there have been several other cases in this neighborhood so I am told of the same type of theft taking place so I am not the only one and that the deputy is going to send the report to the detectives that are working the other cases and has all of the boys names. Thankfully they live a block away and don't have to put up with their antics much. Although I am a bit more alert when my outside pooches go to raising cain at night.

Happy St Patty's Day All! Time for some green refreshments
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Just couldn't help myself

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Darrell, but I think if they come back they will get the whoopin And yeah it kind of irked me that she wasn't worried about their behavior, almost like she is teaching them that it is okay to steal from people that work hard for the things they have.
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I just found an interesting way to have fun AT the supermarket. (keep in mind I'm an old guy...) You had to be there to see the reaction from the other people too

So I went to the market and stopped by the deli to see what they had 'on sale'. Usually there's a weekly special on something nice like smoked meats or turkey, but nothing today. The counter staff came over and looked at me.
Her: Can I help you?
Me: Ummm, do you have anything on sale?
Her: What are you looking for?
Me: Ummmm, what do you have that doesn't cost a lot?
Her: What's your price range for "A lot"
Me: Well, I'm on a pension and can't really afford to pay top dollar like most folks can right now.
Her: We have nothing 'on sale'. What you see is what you get?
Me: Ooohhh, ok. Can you tell me what aisle the cat food is on???
Her: You gotta be kidding me.....
Me: Nope, what aisle???

It was fun. I'm really missing Mew the last while. Keep looking at her pictures on the puter and Ipad. I know Joanne won't like it but I'm thinking of getting another kitten. Graeme will be thrilled. We'll see..
Old March 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM

GAOldsman,my uncle used to own a body shop.For about a month cars in the lot were getting broken into and stripped.He went and borrowed a friends German Shepard to protect the property.3 days later he comes to the shop to find the dog dead.It had been poisoned.After that he decided to sleep at the shop.After about a week,he heard noise out back .He snuck out and got up behind the puke and with no warning at all,Slammed him in the back of the knees with a baseball bat.At about 7 AM he goes out and finds the bastard laying on the ground crying.He goes back in the shop and calls the cops and tells them that someone is lying on his property.Long story short,the puke had 2 shattered knees and my Uncle told the cops he didn't hear a thing all night.Food for thought.
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:33 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hopefully it won't come down to that. But if they poison my dogs, then it's on. On a side note as I mentioned before these are delinquents so I couldn't lay a hand on them legally, but if someone is in my backyard at night that's a different story and I am going to do what i have to do
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM

If I remember correctly ,this punk was 17.I couldn't believe it at first,but then I read it in the paper.My uncle told the cops he was home in bed.this was 43 years ago.Ah ,the good old days,when men were men and sheep were scared.
Old March 17th, 2013, 05:28 PM

And by the way,I don't think I mentioned legality here.What they are doing isn't legal,and from the mother's reaction,I don't think it will end all that quickly.If they are known to be dirtbags by the police,it will be your word against theirs.Just like in my uncles case.I absolutely hate thieves.
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I know growing up down here in GA if kids misbehaved it didn't matter who's kid you were, if you needed tightening up you got tightened up by whomever saw you misbehaving Now you can't even discipline your own child without worrying about DEFACS much less someones kid that needs it or not.

Truth be known I believe a thief should lose a hand or two if his or her problem persists, but again that is just the way it should be but isn't. I am a firm believer in the "Eye for an Eye" saying

Also while I am at it truth be known I would have gave them a gallon of gas if they needed it, but not one of them has anything to put gas in. And I told the deputy I thought they were huffing it, hence all the gas cans and nothing to put the gas in.

Well after looking online at the incident report it seems as if the sheriff had to go back out there yesterday. This time the mom got busted with dope. That figures she was prolly teaching them to steal to support her habit. Karma? I'd say so
Old March 17th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Missed ya yesterday! We had a cold icy/snowy day yesterday, temps got up in the 30's. Larry and I spent 10 hours yesterday at the conceal carry classroom course. It was a long day.... sitting on those hard little metal fold up chairs all day makes for numb butts and sore backs. I enjoyed the class. It was very informative, and the instructor was great! He was funny, cussed like a drunken sailor, and kept your attention focused. It was colder then heck in the room too, which kept you awake.

I learned a lot in the class. A lot of things I didn't know. I heard everyone say that what the classes teach "is just common sense", but it went a lot further than that. He gave a lot of senerios that you don't think about. The instructor was probably my age, he had been in the service many years, got hurt in one of the wars, so he started training soldiers in arms handling and took off from there. He knows his shi*, thats for sure, lol. I found out that it's legal in Ohio to carry 'un-concealed' weapons. I didn't know that.

Today we had to go clear out by Nelson Ledges to take the shooting part. We took the 10 - 12 class, hoping it would be warmer by 10, lol. It was sleety this morning and the temp was 30. It was cold on the range. I kept my gloves on while I was shooting and my friggin fingers froze anyhow. But I loved it!! I rented a Glock 19 off of him, and I loved it. I did excellent they said, for never shooting an automatic weapon before. I was pleased! I'll post a pic of my target. The Glock has quite a punch to it, lol. I shot Larry's 45 after the glock, but I didn't like it. Much heavier and I didn't like how it felt in my hands. I knew I wanted a glock, but guys kept telling me I didn't. Well now that I've shot one, I want one!! so that's what I'm gonna get.

Gotta keep practicing. Have to get a holster and work with learning how to get the gun out of it and fire it and such.

So we got our certificates and now have to get little 2 x 2 pics taken somewhere, and make an appointment at the Sherrif's office to get our permits.

We put a corned beef and cabbage, taters and carrots in the crock pot before we left so it could cook all day. It was delicious! I got the laundry done and the sweeper ran and my hair washed this afternoon. That's about it.

Nicole came by home before we got back today and did some laundry. Guess she's still alive.

It looks like it's going to be a cold snowy week for Spring to begin. My nephew's b'day is Wednesday. Last year on his b'day it was 82 degrees!! I'm going to make a cake for him on Tuesday night and take it up to him Wednesday night.

Scot... sorry to hear about the neighbor problems. That's never a good thing. Sometimes the worst thing for a kid is a parent.... Hope it all works out.

Well I reckon I better get my stuff ready for work in the morning. I hope it's a better week. Have a good evening all.

Here's my target.

Old March 17th, 2013, 06:39 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Sandy I think Karma worked in my favor in their behalf The "other" incident report shows only her name for the drugs but I believe they will withhold their info if they are minors. By the way that is some mighty fine shooting Tight grouping and all like it should be How far away were you? I trained my wife at 15 yards with her handgun and she does really well.
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:53 AM

Mawn'in all

Maybe jes maybe, I'll get 18 in befo de cow cometh.

Sandy, Nice shoot'in. I'm a 45 ACP guy myself [most likely de only thing I have in comon with Larry] i know alot of floks lub dem but I don't like de safety on a Glock. Ya may not bermember dis But a G man shot himself in de *** climb'in a Ladder in dat mess in Waco a few years back.

Scot, I got's an ID. Why not leave a can of gas out in de yard mixed with Sugar.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Captain Starfire

No chance posting B-foe Jamesbo dis mawnin'.... whack 'em good, hombre.
Nice shootin', Sandy... maybe Scot would hire you to keep watch over his gas cans

Sorry to hear of your neighborhood woes and the low-renters, Scot. I had similar problems when I lived in the city. I'd get my newspaper stolen regularly. Went down there and confronted them one morning when another neighbor tipped me off. It was pretty fruitless; but at least they got a clue that I was on to them. Pitiful bunch.

In the sticks where I am now, we have low renters; but they're honest . But the guy who used to cut my grass lives in Hammond and has had just about all his lawn equipment stolen at one time or another; chains cut and all. Real shaky area, but the biggest problem was that all of his stuff was on display for all the bottom-feeders to see 24/7. (No garage or shed.)

Y'all have a great week, Oldsmofolks.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:13 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Good luck Jamesbo on getting in 18, looks like we have an 80% chance of the wet stuff today

I personally prefer my .40 and I have big hands so the .45 or even the .50 is no sweat. The .40 will do the trick if need be Sandy you can't go wrong with a Glock, they are tried and true service issue weapons that can fire even after being buried in the wet sand which not many semi-autos can attest to that. Are you looking at a Glock 17 or 19?

Jamesbo great minds think alike I was thinking the same thing bout the sugar but I believe my troubles have passed for now with the crooks.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's icy here this morning. Ice is coating everything and it's a mess. It's still below freezing soooo..... all this rain is freezing as fast as it hits. Supposed to turn just to rain as the day warms up. Snow tonight. Looks like an awful week.

Clay is back. I came in early, was the first one here today matter of fact, so Clay and I had a nice talk about all the 'drama' Brian had going on last week. Felt good to vent! Steve was late cause he had a dentist appt. but he's here now.

Hope this week goes faster.

Scot.... I think we were 15 feet away from the targets. He said you'd be surprised at how many people can't hit a target even up close, lol. I know that the one woman never hit it. I felt bad for her. He said they weren't going to train us to shoot far away - the object of the course is to shoot someone who is 'in your personal space posing immediate threat to your safety', not across a parking lot or something. I want to take more lessons and go out to the fields where I grew up and there are no houses or anything around, and practice. We can't shoot in the township. The Glock was a 19. I liked it! I showed the guys here my target this morning. I shoulda said "this is what's gonna happen if you turn on those friggin heaters!"

Clint..... Did ya bail on us or what???? Come baccccckkk!

Hope Mike is having fun in Australia.

Well guess I better do somethin, so you all have a good Monday.
Old March 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Sunny here right now and about 32. Going to get some white stuff later today into tonight but then warming up tomorrow and turning to rain. Not really planning on doing anything today being sick and all. Had a 102+ temp earlier so just resting.

Sandy - nice shooting. Bet the heat was turned up after you showed him your shooting skills. I need to go down to the police dept to apply for a license here before they only will approve slingshots. On my to do list.

Scot - sounds like a great family. No dad, mom on dope, no wonder. When I was in high school, the kids down the block from me were being raised the same way. At the end of the school year, the kids threw a huge party with beer, pot, etc. The cops showed up at the house after there was about 100 cars there and found the mother charging a fee to everyone coming in. She got arrested for selling alcohol to minors and posession of an illegal substance.

The house went up for sale a year later and was bought by a really nice couple with young children. Before they moved in, they had to gut the entire house because it was destroyed. Holes in the walls, spray paint everywhere, etc. Wonder where those winners are now besides maybe jail.

Jamesbro - hope you can get in your 18 holes. Too cold here to even think of picking up a club right now.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yep that sounds exactly like these people Darrell. Hope you get well soon
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Welp, I stand'in thar on # 4 tee box and de phone rings. Family needs me like yesterday. So, I finish 9 [with a 42 thank ya very much] and head home to help a family out.
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds like you kept it whar de mowers go
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Sounds like you kept it whar de mowers go

It's a rare thing but yes I did hit most of dem in de short stuff.