The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Just got back from de market. Seems like the new specials that started on Friday wiped out the inventory for today so I was lucky - came out with only 3 bags and under 60 bucks.

Beautiful day here so far - a pleasant 65° with a high of around 70 later on. Very gentle breeze - and slightly overcast. Forecast for tonight and the next few is for rain. For now though it's absolutely perfect.

Clint - That's just nuts; it makes no sense at all. Maybe the weather Gods are trying to wreck all the old cars that are left outside? Sorry to see what you're going through.

Scot - I watched that link when you posted it on FB. What's really amazing is it's live streaming. Those guys have to be off their rockers to do some of that filming. I wouldn't want to be their insurance company.

Mike - Sometimes they put that RPO code decal on the underside of the deck lid.

John - which one is Tim and which one is you?
Old May 25th, 2014, 09:32 AM

Afternoon, All well down ere. Got get de rest of de garden planted before it comes up a cloud
Old May 25th, 2014, 07:39 PM

Good evening everyone!

Well, I should be a little bit less busy. I've been working on setting up an event for the local Mustang club for the last month and a half and yesterday was the day. Up at 5:45am and headed off to Vintage Wings of Canada. It is a vintage aircraft museum.

And this is what the day was all about...

Attachment 164264

Everyone got a picture of their car with the P-51, then we did a couple of group pictures. They also had a fly-in breakfast yesterday, so got to see some planes from outside of their collection too.

But now I need to focus on getting the Cutlass ready. It's still not on the road. I need to bleed the brakes again and install longer rear wheel studs so I can use spacers to make my SSIII wheels clear the rear calipers.

Scot, think you could send some of those ribs up here, if there's any left? I think ribs will be next on my list of things to try cooking.

Clint, glad to hear you didn't get the really bad weather.

Have a great week everyone!
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:30 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Nice here today and in the mid 70's. Went to a Buick show, there was 75 cars there, mostly from the 30's thru the 60's. Not a big quantity od cars but really nice quality. Best of show was a 53 Buick Skylark Convertible. Didn't enter one of my Riv's but at least I was there.

Clint - I don't think I've ever seen that much hail at one time. Glad that you are ok.

Alan - ok you got me. I have to look up 2048 now to see what kind of game it is.

John - nice looking Buick!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend so far.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; May 25th, 2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old May 25th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hey all!

Having a wonderful time so far. We're tired though. Lots of driving. Been trying to post on facebook. Usually too tired once we get to a hotel to check in on here. This time change has us all screwed up. 3 hour difference from home unless we're on a reservation, and they don't do daylight saving time.

Had Ohio weather this morning for our visit to Canyon DeChelly. It rained on and off and was down right cold! My hands were froze. Wish it would have been sunny and warm. What a beautiful canyon! The scenery out here is just unreal. The trip from the canyon over here to Page-right by Lake Powell- was just gorgeous. The rocks and the cliffs and the canyons! Unbelievable. Man I don't want to leave here. Tomorrow we will explore Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon area. Possibly stop at the north rim of the Grand Canyon. I've never seen it from the north. Then we'll be heading back towards phoenix and will stop and see Terry and visit awhile. Friday we got into the Tucson area and found a motel and I soaked up the rays by the pool while Larry slept. Yesterday we did the Old Tucson stop and the Arizona Sonoran desert museum. Walked all day. My feet hurt bad. Hot and sunny over that way. We headed out and spent the night in Holbrook and did the DeChelly canyon today then headed over here. Driving a Challenger.... not impressed.

This morning,we ate at McDonalds in Holbrook. There was this old lady in the booth behind us eating by herself. Had a couple cups of coffee on her table and stuff. I thought maybe she was homeless.
she had no teeth but was chomping away at her breakfast. Larry had ordered the 2 breakfast burritios and he only ate one. He took the leftover one and put it on her table and asked her if she wanted it. She said she already had all that she could eat, lol. Then she said she couldn't hardly see, she was almost blind. We said we were sorry to hear that. She said she had a hard time hearing too. Then she said "I shouldn't complain, I am blessed and God is good." She said she was now living with her daughter in Mesa but they were at an RV park or something. She said she could walk from there but her daughter would be picking her up. She said she pushes a shopping cart when she walks but sometimes they're hard to find, and that Home Depot was building her her own shopping cart and it would be done on June. 1st. By this time, and I don't know why, but I had tears running down my face from listening to her. She was so excited about getting her shopping cart! She told us that she turned 89 the first of May I believe. Larry told her we were from Ohio and here on vacation for a week. She said she was originally from Oklahoma and her family was having a reunion in June and she'd sure like to go but didn't know if she'd be able to. Her eyes just sparkled when she talked about it! I was still dripping tears, lol. When we were done eating, Larry put some money on her table and told her he would like to buy her breakfast tomorrow morning. She was so happy! He told her our names and he shook her hand. I shook her hand too and asked her her name and she said Grandma Peggy. I told her that one day I plan on moving out here and she said come on out, lol. I have no idea why she touched my heart like she did and I sat there crying while Larry talked to her. I get teary just recalling the conversation, lol. She was just so "blessed" even though she has problems. God puts people in our lives for a reason - I'm not one to believe in coincidences. So maybe he was telling me to knock off the complaining I do or something. I don't know. I just know that listening to this lady had me in tears, and that's very unusual. No point to this story, just wanted to share. I truly hope she really did have a daughter and wasn't homeless and making something up. She was dressed nicely though. Grandma Peggy. I won't forget her!

Well I guess I'll get off of here. I am beat! Larry is snoring away over there lol. Another busy day tomorrow... you all have a safe holiday tomorrow and I hope there's good weather for you! Nicole said it was sunny and 80 back there today. Figures.... talk to you later!
Old May 26th, 2014, 03:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice hot day to go smack whitey round. Hope I can stay outa de cat boxes dis Monday

Sandy, I told ya on FB dat Canyon DeChelly was gonna be cold. De north rim can get cold too. I fergets de % but sum like only 3% of de visiter ever see de north rim.

I think de Indians [feather not dot] called Lake Powell "Wahweap" which means "don't drink de water"

re: lady Remeber "There but for the grace of god go I"

Mike, How' de date go? Can she at least wax cars?

Man o man, I've always wanted to go p in a P-51

GTG whitey awaits

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Captain Starfire

(Taps plays softly and slowly)

Here's to those who made the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedoms, and we're not forgetting the countless penultimate sacrifices, either....

Thanks, Mike. It really is a nice looking car, inside and out. The Mille Miglia red is a stand-out, even though he used 2-stage urethane. I had over 50k invested at the time it was flooded, and MANY of the NOS parts I had accrued over 20 years were not flooded, miraculously. Tim got the whole shooting match from me, and did an especially thorough and detailed job in putting humpty dumpty back together.

Nice amphi in that video, too, Mike! Hope the date went swimmingly. Y'all will be eating at A.H. before long ;-) Who's the fortunate lady?

Glad things weren't as bad as they could have been for you guys, Clint. That poor guy w/ the trailer... really took a poundin'. Hope he has insurance worth a plug nickel.

Whack'em good, Jamesbo....

Have a great moon's day, Alan!

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 26th, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
Old May 26th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Always room for one more

Greetings from the Technical Operation Center. A storm came through this afternoon and knocked out my internet. The cable TV works fine, which is always a puzzlement since TV and internet come through the same way.

Hope tonight is a better night than my Friday. That day sucked.

Sandy glad you're enjoying your trip. Don't forget to come back eventually.

Jamesbo the pizza was great, thanks for asking.

Okay gonna see what's in store. Happy Memorial Day everyone.
Old May 26th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup - Having a 'moons' day John. Nothing to write about; mostly overcast and rain today. Shoulda called it Wet day. Hmm, maybe that will be just before Thors Day again.

Darrell - here's a link to 2048. Anyone can play the 4x4 game. I like the 5x5; it's more challenging. My high score on that board is over 162000, but it took me over 5 hours to get there before I crashed and burned. Here's a link: http://2048game.com/variations/5x5.html

Jim - Run into any cats or gators&snakes on de course?

Mike - I think your computer is just having a hissy fit if all other cable functions are normal. Do you have the puter on surge protection? If you don't it could do some damage like knock out the power supply module. Go ahead - ask me how I know...

Paul - That's a cool pic of the twin Mustangs. I always liked the P51 D versions better than the B. Just an FYI? It was already done by Oldsmobile back in 1972. Check out the layout of the 1972 Toronado!

Old May 26th, 2014, 08:15 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hey everyone, hope you all had nice weather and a good weekend. It was in the 80's today and sunny. Played outside most of the day with the kids and barbequed.

Also stripped and primed the radiator support in the Cutlass today. Hope to get the underhood detaling finished soon.

Allan - nice ad. Would look good hanging on my garage wall!

Sandy - you didn't like the Challenger? What didn't you like about it?
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Cloudy and pleasant but afternoon shower expected. Oughta help de garden

Well 'bout o dark thirty de step son shows up and wants me to plug his tire. Jes what I wanta do insted of go'in to bed.

Doesn't think it's gonna hold so he calls his squeeze to come spend de nite so he can drive her car to werk and she can take his car to de tire store to get it fixed. Kids

Guess what? It held, but de squeeze is still sleeping on de sofa when I awoke.

Sandy, I looks lke your hav'in a ball. De thing I notice most about "out yonder" is how fer ya can see.

Mike, I know ya liked de pizza cause ya often drive 50 miles fer dat particular one. I was ax'in 'bout de babe de jour.I'm concernd dat you don't have sumone to add their plunder to your abode and tell ya what to do 24/7

Allan, No snakes or gators on de course. Barely missed stepping in a hair ball idis mawn'in when I woke up. Played jes Ok. Drove de ball well but de batteries in my putter went out.

Have a great day Olds friends. I gota get sum'em go'in today
Old May 27th, 2014, 04:54 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Hope the cat feels better.

Darrell, They are doing the blood draw today. I expect it'll be a week before we see results.

Well, The missus planted a buttload of flowers yesterday. And we did yard work til our fingers were worn to the bone. Now we gotta get everything ready for the trip out east. Times runnin short now.

Sandy, Glad to see you're enjoying it.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old May 27th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice afternoon it turned out to be, but was overcast and a little thunder earlier. No rain, though. Think the rain is done until Thursday.

Clint I must have missed what trip you're taking out east. Are you headed to Chicago again?

Jamesbo that was a subtle comment on how the young lady was. Actually she's very nice but has waaay too much baggage for someone as conservative as me to deal with.

Allan my computer doesn't get frazzled by the rain, my sub-grade cable company does. I guess that's what I get for -only- $136 a month.

Paul I might have to run up and see that airplane museum sometime. Last one I was at was the Pensacola Naval Air Station museum a couple years ago.

Oh Allan I checked my fingertip facts book of RPO codes and it says for the '87 Cadillac the RPO sticker is either on the jack compartment, the spare tire cover, or "underbody." Well, it isn't on the first two, but I have no idea what part of the underbody they'd be talking about. I thought they were supposed to be easy to see for servicing.

My sister is driving home to Jacksonville from Chicago and will be through Atlanta tomorrow. She's going to call me and we'll meet for lunch. Depending on what time that is I may suddenly develop Blue Flu and have to stay home from work tomorrow night. I saw her last month in California, I don't get to see her very often, busy work schedules that don't match up. Though she just quit her job so maybe I'll have more of a chance to see her. I hope so.

Okay time to finish getting ready for work. Hope everyone survived the holiday weekend.
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all! or is it evening? I'm all screwed up timewise lol.

Gorgeous out here in Wickenburg where we are spending the night. Gotta love the desert! I'm sitting out on the little deck outside our room enjoying the heat (I'm in the shade though) enjoying looking at these bushes with different kinds of beautiful flowers on them, enjoying looking at the palm trees and rocks and saguaros. Watching the hummers buzz the flowers and took pics of 2 little gecos out here on the rocks.

The Roadrunner is so cool! He is fast! I was amazed when he came up and drank out of the little spa pool when I was out there! I only lasted about 45 minutes by the pool. My snowbird northern a$$ isn't used to this 102* and hotter heat! I plan on being by the pool early tomorrow. I sat on the edge and put my legs in. I don't swim. There are some Mexican looking dudes back there now. There are lots of little ants back there that were crawling all around on my stuff and one bit me. I don't like that! I couldn't relax.

Want to talk about hot..... wear a friggin wig in this heat! The sweat just pours out from under it. My poor head has never been so hot in my life! Nylon hair is nothing like real hair and I don't care what they say about 'breathable'. Lies I tell you!

God it is so gorgeous out here! Jamesbo.... looking out, you can see for miles. Such different landscape just miles down the road from where you were! It's amazing. The colors up at Lake Powell though, just took my breath away! God's paintbrush.....

Darrell.... I don't know. These cars to me, sit so low to the ground lol. I'm not used to that. And I can't see over the wipers lol. I'm too short I guess.

Gas has only been in the $3.20's out here. No reason we're paying $3.89 in Ohio....

We walked from the hotel last night in Flagstaff over to a shopping center in search of ice cream and there in the parking lot was a nice 71 Cutlass! Dark bluewith black stripes on the hood. Paint wasn't real great in places and he had tinted windows so I couldn't see in real good. Of course I had left my phone and camera in the room. We got ice cream at a place called Freddys and they had a ton of car show pics on the wall! Where was my camera???? It was pretty cool.

Mike.... how was the date? Gonna have another one?

Well I guess I better get off and get ready to go get something to eat. We had the best Mexican food yesterday in Flagstaff! Delicious. It's a shame about that wildfire over in Sedona. We drove through the area today and the smoke was thick. All those acres burned up. Sad.

Alright well you all have a great evening! Hope I'm not boring you too much with the facebook pics and such.
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Dumb question but did you look in the glovebox or possibly behind the cardboard fabric liner in the trunk of the car?
Old May 28th, 2014, 04:14 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy, I was wondering when you was gunna comment on the heat.

Mike, We are headed to S.E. Ohio next week for a race.

No Hail Here. This is a fairly common thing for us. We usually get a few nasty hail storms each spring. I think they changed how they do their watches and warnings tho. We used to get a bunch of watches and a few warnings. now it seems like they are all warnings.

Well, The doc confirmed my suspicions. He said there was no way I was gonna make it out alive. He is gonna send me to a ENT doc for my sleep apnea, and a skin doc for the spot on my fivehead. We'll go from there.

Have a Humpday all.
Old May 28th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik saltmine Good Mornin'....

Glad your've having a (good) time, Sandy~ Hope the ants lay low for a while.
I'm sure Teepo put that '71 to shame.

'Twas a deluge pretty much all the way in this morning. On & off tornado warnings, etc. The path of the rain pretty much traced my route, so not much of a break the whole trip, which took me about 1:15.

Clint, sounds like your pate is 25% bigger than average... must be tough buying hats ;-) Good luck mit da' "thing" removal.... Me = expert.

Happy Woden's day (a.k.a. Humpity Hump), Alan & resto' Oldsmochums. (Cool '72 Toro ad, too! Summer of '72 was when I worked at the car wash and I remember a couple new Toro's coming in ... we used to have to drive the cars from the vacuum-gas islands onto the wash rack.)

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 28th, 2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old May 28th, 2014, 05:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be anutter not one

Gotta go to Casa Depot and get sum Sakrete to set a marker dis mawn'in. Gonna get sum outdooor bleech fer sum of de fences I apinted last year dat got a little moldy

Den I'm gonna hoe de garden and bush hog whar de horses stay. Den I'm gonna sit down and do nutt'in, den I'm gonna rest

Mike, Remember, Ya gotta kiss alota frogs to meet a prince [or in your case princess]

Sandy, Glad you're hav'in fun out there it's a different world.

Clint WTF is wrong wit cha?

Welp GTG Have a wonderful day hump'inOlds friends
Old May 28th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Wodens Day?? Who the heck is Woden? For sure I thought it was going to be a Mercedes day after the Greek God of sports and luxury travel??? Or was that Mercury, the guy who could spot changes in temperature?? Then I figured out that I should be looking here for the answer. So it appears that we missed having a Tiu's day.

Anyone else notice the site is acting really slow at times?? Like loading pages or posts? It's been getting much worse here over the past few days and I know its not my puter. Maybe my service provider is in cahoots with Mikes...

Wedder wise isn't much to write about here. Mebbe better den Colorado, but not much.

Jim - duznt they sell spashell paint wit mold rezistence? Shudn't havta kleen fresh paynt onee won yeers old.

Clint - So you got the same verdict I did? Only I didn't have to see a quack to learn it on my own. Hope your specialist appointments work out well and they can do something for the SA. What's with the spot on your fivehead? You turned into a push start model or something? Hope it's not serious.

Mike - What's this nonsense about you dating now?? Your pups will be super jealous. Oh wait! Could this gal possibly work at Awful House? That would be a perfect arrangement! JK BTW, did you find your Caddy's RPO sticker yet? Looks like it's a fully loaded car. I love those big boats. Hated the ones with the 8-6-4, but that's not in 87 IIRC. It was one of Cadillacs biggest headaches and they earned a spot in the top 50 worst cars for putting it in production.

John - Hope de saltmine doesn't go under water with all the squalls you're getting. Tornado warnings are nothing to sneeze about - watch the skies and be careful. I guess down there you don't have basements you can take shelter in so it makes things even worse when they hit? BTW, how do you know Clint's hat size??? IF he had a head that 25% bigger than most, he would look a lot like Charlie Brown.....

Darrell - you CAN have that ad hanging in your garage no problem! It's right out of the 1972 full car lineup brochure. I have the hardcopy editions and they are awesome. If you'd like a link to pretty much all the electronic brochures for Olds, check this link to the Old Car Brochures / Manuals Project. Any of the years you clik will open up the product manuals for those years, and some extra information as well.
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:25 PM

Afternoon

Allab, de do but de paint only gets mildew under de tree limbs. So it's hardly worth de extra cost.

Gardened -check

Fence werk -check

Plumbing -not checked

Murder wife for allways putting house plants in skink and stopping up sink with dirt -contemplating
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Search for de new supermodel begins? Old one found under pile of dirt painted white....next to an old kitchen sink plumbing...
Old May 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Always room for one more

Hi good bye. Met my sister who was driving through at two, just got home a few minutes ago. And against my better judgment, gonna get ready and go to work.

I'll catch up later on when I'm at work. I'd rather surf the puter than work on planes these days. Actually I still like the planes, it's everything else I'm tired of.

Nice here, rain at some point no one knows. Hope everyone is good.
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:58 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Only 62 today, far cry from the 87 yesterday. Took some time yesterday to try and paint the radiator support and the paint was flashing on me. Too hot and humid I guess. If the weather is better tomorrow, will try it again.

Allan - can't tell you if the site is slow since my computer stinks. Thanks for the website link to the old car brochures. Will probably find a few things to print out.

Clint - blood test? For your baseline number before you started taking the All-In_One right? It would be too early to expect results, usually takes 10-12 weeks for maximum benefit. Good luck on your other appointments, hope they all turn out to be nothing.

Jamesbo - sounds like you made some good progress with your to do list. Better be careful with the last one though, you left a paper trail for the NSA to use if you actually follow through with it!

Sandy - glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself. I agree with you about gas prices, it's $3.80 here as well.
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Had a beautiful day here in the desert of Wickenburg. Hot and sunny..... imagine that! It was around 100* this afternoon. I love it!!

Got up early and went out on the little patio. Larry saw a coyote run by! By the time I got out there, it was across the highway. And no.... he wasn't chasing the Roadrunner lol. I didn't see the Roadrunner today, but we weren't here most of the day. I went out and laid by the pool for about 2-1/2 hrs this morning before it got really hot, then we went over to my friend Terry's. She lives right beside this hotel!!! It was sooooo good to see her! Her and Ken took us tor lunch at Anitas Cantina. Had real good Mexican food. Then Ken drove us around and showed us some sights. We went back to their house and talked for hours. Headed back here around 5. Went to a place that makes their own ice cream. Butter pecan was delicious! When we got back here I went back up behind the pool area and walked around this little flat plateau area. Very peaceful and quiet and beautiful. Got some pics of the sunset.... just magnificent! I just want to stay here.....

Tomorrow we'll head to Phoenix. We looked online and found a room by the airport that has a shuttle, so we'll turn the car in and take the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then shuttle back to the airport Friday morning. Plane leaves at 6:15 am. I'd like to miss it. We have a plane change in Denver on the way home. I don't want to leave and go back to crappy humid weather and **** coworkers. But I am very thankful we were able to come out here and that I felt good enough. My feet are sore!!! We've covered a lot of miles out here. Won a few bucks on scratch off tickets here but not enough to stay, lol.

Clint.... I've had 'moderate' sleep apnea for years. I went and got wired up and spent the night in the sleep center back in 2000 or 2001. They said I woke myself up about 27 times an hour or something like that. Then I had to go back and sleep while wearing the c-pap mask. Of course they said I did much better with that giving me oxygen. I tried one of the machines at home for a few weeks before I called and told them to come get the thing. I felt like I was suffocating when I wore that mask! If I swallowed my ears popped. If I had to cough I had to lift the mask up. There was just too much pressure in that thing. I couldn't sleep with it. That big hose.... it was a pita! So I just live with it, lol. Nowadays I think they have nose tubes and better masks that aren't as big and cumbersome. That thing was awful!

Well I suppose I should get to bed, 10:00 out here. I'll check in later!! Have a good one.
Old May 29th, 2014, 04:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy, I'm trying to retrain myself to sleep without having my chin tucked. I don't snore or have a breathing issue if I do that.
Too bad Larry wasn't packin' Ol wiley could have been a grease stain. The Yotes are becoming more and more of a problem here in the hood. They are chasing off the Foxes and a lot more lost pet signs up in the telephone poles.

Darrell, I already know my baseline, I was hoping to at least see a little improvement, Looks like my HDl is up some.The doc still isn't too worried since all my other vitals are good, and all of my changes haven't dropped the numbers in the past. He's pretty sure my body naturally keeps it at around 200. He's did have a concern with some instances of cyanide showing up in some Red yeast. I told him if there was it was Darrells fault.

Mike hope work was smooth. The missus got up at 2:30 this morning to go for a load of hay, I just got back to sleep a few minuted before 4. when I have to go feed the mules.

Allan, The verdict is I still have Cholesterol around 200. Not terrible but not what the Rx companies want to see. It's always been between 200 and 210. No matter my diet, etc. so. I'll stick with the All in One I'm taking now and see what it does. I have had 2 sores on my face that have been there a long time. They are right near my temples. The one side finally healed but the other hasn't. My family doc is sending me to a skin doc so they can sample it and test it right there. Then if it is a xxxx-oma they can deal with it right then.

Jamesbo, I keep telling my doc I'm immortal, but after the exam he tells me I'm mistaken. At least he didn't tell me I was wrong.

Have a Thursday all.
Old May 29th, 2014, 04:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Hotwit a chance of afternoon showers

Sandy, I'm try'in to remember de name of de steak place we ate at in Phoneix down near de airport. Guess it's too late anyway. You may have left.

Clint de Yotes around ere live off house cats. Speak'in of which, I read an interesting article not too long ago in Time 'bout how bears do better dumpster diving than in the wild.

Mike, Glad you and sis got a brief visit maybe she's got sum hot lady friends dat like cars and can do yard werk.

So after I get de horse pasture bushhoged, de garden weeded and plowed [betwix rows], de fence bleached, de deck blowed off. De Super models see dis sprayer sitt'in on de table and says " You miss spelled Bleech" on de sprayer. Think maybe I might spray sum outdoor bleech on so garmets [by mistake of course]

GTG, I may jes sneek off and smack whitey a little dis mawn'in

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, Mercedes day here is purty quiet....

Gloomy and overcast. Been raining for 3 days now off and on. Supposed to be like this for another day or so. Oh well, at least the grass is turning green. Damn, that means I gotta cut it....

Darrell - Not sure what's going on. Yesterday I was waiting for around a minute to load a page. Almost as bad as if I was using dial up. I don't know what's going on. The other web pages didn't seem to have this issue.

Clint - Hope the Missus has a good hay day. You take care of yourself, hear?

Jim - WTH?? You get to whack whitey more than once a week?? Obviously you have more time on your hands than you know what to do with....

Mike - ahhh, so it was your sister.. I'm with Jim - maybe she has some hot chick friends you could meet...you could have fun looking for their RPO codes..
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:45 AM

Allan Shush don't tell. I snuck off an played 9
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

You need another 69 HO project to fill your days.
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:03 PM

One can only call Bingo at the Senior center so many days
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah, expeshully when half of dem don't even have a dog named dat. Ya know whut ya call a dog wit no legs??? Duzn't matter - he aint comin anyway (sorry dat was a bit nasty)
Howdju make a cat sound like a dog?? Pour gas onem and lite a match. Den dey go 'Woof' -sick

Dis sez it all dough
Old May 29th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept longer than I wanted to today, but I was still tired when I woke up at noon. Work wasn't so bad last night, learned a few things. We were working on a 717 and even though it is in the DC9/MD80 family it has a lot of differences.

Allan it wasn't my sister who I went on a date with the other night. I just met her yesterday while she was driving through. The gal I went with the other night is indeed a server at the Awful house. Nice girl, very confusing past. Not someone I want to get mixed up with.

No RPO sticker for me. The glovebox was the first place I looked, then in the trunk. I guess my car just doesn't have one. Maybe it's behind all the padding carpet on the sides of the trunk. I'm not pulling it all out any time soon, it's like a puzzle. Allan my car has a 307, and is the base model. If you can call any Cadillac a base model.

Gonna get the Corvette out today and call AAA to have it hooked to the mechanic. This car has been a thorn in my side ever since I've had it. I wonder if it's just me or if I'd sell it and get a different one I'd do better. I do want to sell it, but I don't want another one.

Okay gotta get moving. Safe trip home Sandy. Check you all out later.
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik evenin', all... skipped da' mine and went to ophthalmologist instead: have another (champion-size) eye stye; gettin' ridiculous. She said it was 'cuz I have rosacea. So now I gots prescription eyedrops + antibiotics. And rosacea.
Ain't gonna feel much better staring' at the salt mine 'puter screen tomorrow, but at least I feel like I'm dong sumpin'.
Y'all have a great resto' Thor's!
Check in manana, hopefully.
Old May 29th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Always room for one more

Ah I'm a happy boy. I called my AAA and they sent a rollback to pick up the Corvette and take it to the mechanic. Hopefully by this time next week it will be running like a champ. Man, I'd use the hell out of a rollback.

John I thought rosacea was a skin condition. Sucks that it gets in your eyes. Wear some cool sunglasses and let people wonder what you're up to. Hope it gets better quick.

Pleasant evening. We got a few drops of rain and one episode of thunder this afternoon and that was it. Hope that's all for the remainder of my weekend.

Heard Maya Angelou died yesterday. Don't know how much work a poet gets these days but I know a lot of people liked her. May God rest her soul.

Have a good night everybody. Tomorrow is Friday.
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:02 PM

Gotta agree on the page loading for CO, slower than hell.
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

My last day/night in beautiful hot dry Arizona. The week has flown by.

Stopped at a cool gift shop in Wickenburg on our way out and I bought some more treasures. Mostly bought earrings for Nicole and my sisters. And some for me of course. Larry got a neat John Wayne pic to put in his office at the shop. We already sent a box home UPS earlier this week lol. Hate traveling by plane....

So we looked up this hotel online last night, its an EconoLodge by the airport. Nothing wrong with the room but its in the bad side of phoenix. We were told by several people not to go out after dark. We turned in the rental car early and took a shuttle from there to the airport and from the airport over here. It was hotter than heck here today. I loved it but Larry didn't. So we get here and he realizes he doesn't have his Iphone. Left it in the car. So he waits for the shuttle and goes back to Budget. The car has already been cleaned they said, and no one turned in a phone. He was gone almost 3 hours. They wouldn't let him talk to the car cleaning people or anyone. He was mad! Said if someone turned it in they would call me. He called Jr cause he has a. Iphone too, and Jr was able to go online and lock Larrys phone and track it. The address showed up as the Budget building. Larry called the girl there at the lost and found bug no one had turned it in. She would call if they did. Well no one called. He's not happy. What a way to end the trip! He also lost a cap from one of his teeth - again - like on our second day here.

So we have to get up at 3am and take the shuttle at 4am to the airport. I looked up Twinsburgs weather tonight and its 30 degrees cooler back there. God I'm going to miss this sun and dry heat. Ive got a great tan. . Looks like a rainy muggy week at home.... I was out by the pool as much as I could be today. Hot, but a heck of a breeze blowing. Seems like its always breezy out here.

The surgeons office called me and its looking like Aug. 8th might be my date. She has to confirm with everyone. That's earlier than I wanted but oh well. I'll miss the Olds show. I just want to get it over with at this point.

Gorgeous sunset tonight here. I took pics but a lot of clutter in my way. Couldn't get a clear shot like I did last night. It was so beautiful!

Well I better get yo bed and try to sleep a few hours. Talk to you from the depressing northeast soon!
Old May 30th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning and happy Friday.

Nice so far, hope it holds out so I can mow. I didn't mow last week and now it looks like I'm in the jungle.

Sandy it does seem like the week has gone fast. Too bad about Larry's phone. At least whoever has it can't use it. If the address changes you can call the police and tell them it's stolen.

As far as the site acting goofy, it never has agreed with my computer. The double spacing between paragraphs I have to edit after I post if I want to change it. Sometimes it doesn't register all the keystrokes. The pages do load slowly sometimes, and the scoll bar to the right is very choppy. Jamesbo you're the mod, modify it.

Time for Awful house, then a day of mowing. It's become an arduous task that I don't look forward to. Gonna rearrange some of the cars, too, since the Corvette is out.

Big Friday. Hope everyone has good plans for the weekend.
Old May 30th, 2014, 05:16 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, I hope your vette gets good treatment. I'm hoping this 58 leaves today. It'll be back. But at least they can put a few miles on it and we can see how bad off all the leaks are gonna be after sitting 25 years. Not real happy with how it runs, but I think its got a real weird cam in it. Also I wish we could have put a Edlebrock on it, instead of a Holley. Oh well.

Sandy. Hope the downers didn't take away too much from your trip.Its really hard knowing where to stay in a strange town. I'm trying to find hotels for our trip in the right part of town and you don't know what reviews are real and if your stuff is gonna be safe.

Dan +3 This one is real slow. Like it gets hung up on loaded the ads.

John. Hope the peepers heal up quick. I also didn't know rosacea affected the eyes.

Allan, The missus was grumpy last night. Looks like she goes for hay again on Monday and Tuesday. She's getting real worried haw everything is gonna get done this summer. Her Mom isn't gonna be much help.

Well, I took in some more old Iron yesterday. I have to work some kinks out of a 68 Shelby Vert. 1 of 404. Poor guy owned it since 1970 and recently gave it to his son (who isn't really a car guy) The kid goes wild with it and want to turn it into an Eleanor look a like. Put a 5.0HO and T5 in it, body kit, and nose and hood, and has it painted. The dad almost died when he saw it. Oh well. Nothing like ruining the value of a very limited edition vehicle.
Attachment 164166

Jamesbo. I would imagine bears would. They are like humans and will take the lazy way if you let em.

Have a Friday all.
Old May 30th, 2014, 06:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Got a sprinkle late yesterday maybe sum more today

Clint, Ya oughta sell tickets to people jes ta come and and drool over sum of dem cars.

Mike, I jes [occasionally] intervene in verbal fist fights, I'm not de techo type Sorry, I'm not much of a C-3 fan. Hope it get's fixed de way ya want it.

Sandy, Glad ya had a great trip. You're not gonna believe dis but a lady once told me her hubby werked fer a rental car company and once sumone left sum ashes in a rental car and never came back to claim dem. [Cremains]

TGIF Olds friends
Old May 30th, 2014, 06:58 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Copy & paste pretty day here with a few pop up showers in da eve.

Paul I tried to upload a pic from my phone of the slab o' ribs to no avail. I dunno if they would make the trek, I have a 50/50 chance of getting peaches to Ohio in one piece much less a couple of ribs to Canada

I ain't a Phord guy but man Clint that is one nice 'Stang

Mike that is good news on the 'Vette, hopefully they will sort it out and you'll be enjoying it again soon.

Whelp I gotta meet with the track owners today about setting a date in stone for our nosalgia drags this year. I think we are going to try for Nov this year. The heat and the gnats are too much in Sept. Gotta roll so i can be in Reynolds on time Y'all be safe out there in Oldsmobile land