The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Easter.

Jamesbo/Scot - made all that last night (and gravy too)
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All, and Happy Easter!

Missed ya all weekend. Haven't had a chance to get on here. It's cloudy and some light rain starting now, temps at 51 degrees. Until tonight.... then we drop to the 20's and have rain/snow mix. It just won't let us go.

I made Larry mad yesterday, so we haven't talked since 9 am yesterday morning, lol. I love it..........

Well I took the Intrigue to Bob on Friday morning. He's gonna look for another door. Then it's bent around the wheel well there in front of the tire, I didn't see that with the snow on the car. So he will shop around and get back to me with a price. Nicole and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast after that and then came home. I worked on spring cleaning the rest of the day. It was a nice day with sun and in the 50's.

Yesterday I took my frustrations out on finishing my spring cleaning, all except the spare room. Larry took off to the shop after he had his little fit, so I was by myself. I like to clean when I'm mad, lol. I get a lot done. Then I took off to Wal Mart and did some shopping so I wouldn't have to sit around here, and then I went and ate at Taco Hell when I was done. Nicole and I colored eggs when she came home. I like coloring eggs.

We had a good meal. Ham, candied yams, mashed taters and white gravey, hominy, baked beans, peas, deviled eggs and wheat rolls. I ate waaayy too much! I packed a bunch of leftovers for Jr. to take home with him. He's snoozin on the couch, lol. Alison had Elyse today so it was just him for dinner.

Nicole changed her externship from Hudson over to this Camp Bow Wow where she's working, on Friday. She sent her class instructor a 7 page text saying how bored she was over in Hudson, nothing for her to do, etc... so Amy told her she could do it at Bow Wow. She's happy now. At least she'll be getting paid for the externship hours since she's working there. She's only making $8 an hour, but better than nothing, I guess. I hope once she graduates she will look for a vet assistant job which pays a whole lot more, I'm sure. That was the whole idea of her taking this class. She can't move out on her own on $8 an hour! We shall see, I guess.

She worked at Bow Wow this morning, 6:15 to 1:00, came home for 3 hours and just left again for the 4:00 to 7:00 shift. Guess they do a split shift on Sunday. She still hasn't met the lady who hired her or filled out any paperwork or anything. I don't like that! I told her to keep on the lady until she is officially hired.

It sure was nice having Friday off. First day off for 87 days! Our next holiday is Memorial Day and I will take an extra day for a long weekend. I have 5 vacation days to use up by the end of June. Hopefully when Teepo gets to come out, we can use some of those for the Riverfront. I can take 1/2 days. I know I'll use them!!! Hopefully she won't need anything done to her this year so I won't have to run here and there like I did last year.

Tomorrow is back to work already. God 3 days sure went fast! Whiney assed Brian will be back.... I sure did need that break from him. It was nice.

Jamesbo.... I love all those windows and that door in your pics!

Clint..... happy to see you're still with us, lol. Yeah, we went and had our pics taken for our CCW application on Friday. Had to have those before our appt. at the Sheriff's office. We had to list every address we've had since age 18! I'm sure I forgot a few, lol. Oh well.

Well you all have a good rest of your Easter, and I'll talk to ya later on! I'm gonna go sit down. This ceramic tile floor I've been standing on for the last several hours has my feet and legs hurtin.
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:47 PM

Happy Easter everyone!

The weather has been nice for the last couple of days, but it's supposed to rain and snow tonite and into tomorrow. Can't complain about 3 nice days out of a 4 day weekend

I'll try to post again tomorrow!
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul - we've been blessed the same way with warmer than average weather. Got a very small bit of rain overnight and beautiful Easter Sunday - bright, clear and warm.

The Ford World Men's Curling Championships started yesterday. TSN is only broadcasting the games Canada plays. So far Brad Jacobs and his team have been on fire; same as they were at the TH Briar.

I'll keep looking for that window roller you need. Might be one on a spare set of rear 1/4 glass I have downstairs. I'll let you know.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:24 PM
GM Enthusiast

Happy Easter! Hope everyone had a great day.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day to go smack whitey 'round.

Don't know if you foreigners caught de news 'bout de Atlanta School Cheat'in scandal.

To make a long story short, Teachers received bonuses fer achievement of students dat was measured by test scores. Zo, de jes got out dare own pencils and fixed de scores so de get mo $$$.

Now 'bout 35 of dem is spose to report to de Jail dis mawn'in. We'll see what happens next.

Sandy if Nicole could substitue teach, dare oughta be a position or 2 down ere.

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo.... I love all those windows and that door in your pics!
If I make ya mad will ya come clean dem?

Welp, I've got a marsupeal in my ground hog trap, GTG left him free

Happy April Fools Olds friends.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:34 AM
CQR

Morning all,

Jamesbo, that sure looks good. I'm starving this morning.

Spose to rain today. and snow tomorrow. Almost 70 yesterday I think I got a little sun burn on the back of my neck. trimming hooves yesterday.

Sandy, good to hear Nicoles working. even if it is kinda shadey at the start. The SIL is coming back to work at the store today after her month off. Not sure ho shes gonna be able to do it. Seems this baby boy is always hungry. Everytime she gets herself tucked back into her shirt, he's ready to eat again.

Mike, I think may see where my dread feeling is coming from. It seems there have been some shenanigans going on at the store allowing discounts and tabs that has the missus in a furor. I don't know how its all gonna turn out, but I don't think its gonna be pretty. Last time there was a showdown between them it ended up with a busted lip, a black eye, and the missus having a chat with the sheriffs office.

Allan, I didn't catch the curling event. I don't watch too much tv, supercross and the walking dead, but did anyone catch that poor guy shootin hoops and pretzel his leg? That was pretty nasty.

Have a great day all.
Old April 1st, 2013, 04:53 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

As the Beatles would say, here comes the sun! Supposed to be a beautiful day.

Clint I forgot all about the store and the SIL. I would get some uneasy feelings as well thinking about a recurrence of the last time. Hope all goes well. Maybe have a towel and some extra lipstick handy.

Jamesbo I've been trying to avoid hearing about the cheating scandal. I'm wondering if all 35 people show up like they're supposed to, do they get to be in the same cell?

Sandy I hope you've packed your Anti-Brian cloaking device in your stuff for work today.

My one neighbor and her sister and brother-in-law have left for Pennsylvania early this morning. My neighbor didn't go with her because he's old and decrepit. He was concerned about staying home all week alone and I said don't worry, I'm just 50 feet away. Well, I fully expect him to be in a crisis at least once an hour so I'm bracing myself for a week of many phone calls and drama. This on top of it being my long week and I can't take any time off seeing as how it's spring break and the book is full.

Well have a good day everyone and don't believe all the tall tails that are bound to get passed around.
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Wish this weather was an April Fools joke.... we have snow and 34 degrees. Pretty windy too. We're supposed to warm up to the 40's after Wednesday.

Mike.... No, I forgot to pack that device this morning, lol! Not too much whining as of yet - he's still going through all his emails, lol. I got here at 7:50 this morning and he and Steve were already here.

Clint... Hope no trips to the Sheriff's officce are necessary today, lol.

Jamesbo.... The Ultimate Cloth would make short work of cleaning those windows!

I spilled my Cheerio's on my lap this morning, so I'm sitting here with wet capri's on and I'm sitting on paper towels to soak up the milk that got on my chair. What a way to start the day! At least they didn't dump the other way on to my keyboard, lol. That wouldn't have been a good thing.

Looks like a lot of people worked on Friday, judging from the voice messages left on the phones, and all the emails!!! Remember when Sunday was a day to rest and just take a drive or whatever? No stores were open or anything. Now it's just rush, rush, rush and Sunday is just another day to work and be stressed. Times sure have changed, and not for the better.

Well I better get off here and start doing something besides eating breakfast and spilling half of it on me! Have a great April Fools day all.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Any of you see this meme about 'The Overly Manly Man" making the rounds?

Old April 1st, 2013, 01:57 PM
GM Enthusiast

I must have missed that Allan. Funny though.
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM

Happy April Fool's everyone!

Even Mother Nature was in on the games today with blowing snow this afternoon Sounds just like what you're getting Sandy.

Allan, I'm not sure about the quarter glass roller. I know on my quarter window, the roller was noticeably larger.

I have seen that meme Allan, it's a good one.

Clint, good luck with the store.

Jamesbo, did they have to use HB pencils for the "corrections"? I had not heard about that.

No curling here, but going to an IIHF woman's ice hockey championship game tomorrow night. Canada vs. the USA. Should be interesting.

Have a great week everyone!
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul - I just looked at the quarter glass in the basement and took a pic. I think you're right. Must be a different roller for the 3677 model? I'll post a pic of what I have on your thread.

Mike - Help!! I've fallen and can't get up.....
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM

Allan, I actually forgot to mention in the other thread, I think even the quarter window rollers are different between a hardtop and post coupe.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice day down ere. Played like a goat yesterday. Sloshed 'round on a cart path only day and to lazy to walk back and get de right club.

GTG Have a great day Oldsmopals
Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A brisk 27 degrees here, had flurries earlier. Cloudy as usual. Yesterday turned out nice. It stopped snowing and the sun came out. It was cold, though.

I don't know what Nicole did to my laptop last night, but it's not working right today. I had to sign in to all the things I usually never sign out of, like this forum, and the computer is running on battery for some reason, like it can't tell it's plugged in! Screen is darker. I am not happy this morning!!!

Quiet on the forum yesterday afternoon, huh? Guess there's not a whole lot going on.

It's quiet in here. Brian cranked the thermostat up yesterday, so I had my fan on most of the day. He's quiet today, which is fine with me. Steve is off tomorrow and the rest of the week, so Brian will get all stressed...... Guess you'll have that!

Well have a great day all.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like a nice day today. Sunny and warming up. I forgot that I turned the furnace off like three days ago, and when I woke up this morning it was cold in the house I couldn't figure out why.

Had a few more calls from the insurance company from people that did nothing but waste my time. How many times can a person be told, someone will call you soon. Well finally last night the adjuster called and he's coming to look at the cars this morning. The guy for the house is coming in two weeks.

Work tonight. Five days this week, I'm going to start whining early. For you normal folk I know that isn't a big deal, but it will be 50 hours for me, and coupled with being my neighbor's servant it will add up to a long week. Yesterday was his first day alone, he only called me three times.

Okay gonna get ready for the adjuster. Have a good day everyone.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 06:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

It's a chilly 45* here now but will fair up nicely by the afternoon to around 75* The kids are already wanting to go swimming

Sandy those laptops are very prone to overheating. You have to have the bottom on a hard surface and I suspect that may be the issue here It cannot breathe and move the heat out if it's on a blanket or other soft surfaces. We bought my daughter one as a graduation present and she just recently cracked the screen by picking it up on the corner of the screen Now she has to hook it up to a TV screen to be able to use it.

Whelp TTFN Oldsmobuddies
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:03 AM

Sunny and warm here on the left coast. Anybody noticed the influx of ROP members here since their site crashed.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sure have Pat. Supposedly they are upgrading
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot... I have a cooler to sit the laptop on, but I don't know if she uses it. I do. I got to looking, and the power /charger cord has no green light lit up so something is wrong with the cord. I just bought the darned thing in late December!! I tried plugging it into different wall outlets and nothing. Guess I'll be checking ebay for a cord.

Still doesn't explain why I had to sign in to everything though. Of course she has no idea what happened... she said it 'was freezing up' last night so she didn't use it much. Which is crap, cause when I knocked on her door to say goodnight, she was still talking on it cause I heard her friends voice! Isn't anything I can do about it now anyhow. I'll dig out the old cord tonight and try it. I'm using my Kindle now.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM

Sandy,

I bet she was surfing the web on sites she did not want to show up in the history of your computer so she deleted the history which would delete your auto log ins
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ah Haaaaaaa! Makes sense!! Thanks Citcapp. She uses Firefox and I know she deletes her history on that. She better leave my stuff alone!! Battery only has 43 minutes left on it. Strange the cord would go out all of a sudden. I have my Kindle though, so I'll be on it.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:57 AM

Wonder if she has a web site?
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo you always make me laugh! A quick look at nicole.com and it shows it's available.

Well the insurance guy showed up this morning, two hours late. I guess it was too much for him to call. I finally called him and he said his car broke down and was getting it fixed. So he finally gets here and he's slow as molasses and finally finishes -both- cars. I said what about the other two. Oh, I only have paperwork for one. Sheesh! I must have gotten six calls from people telling me what my FIVE claim numbers were and that an adjuster would call me soon.

Beautiful afternoon here. I'm going to go take a nap which is too bad, I hate to waste this nice day, but I got up early this morning and if I don't take a nap I'll be a zombie at work tonight. I don't know if I'm going to dinner with my neighbor tonight. His daughter in law called and asked what he's been doing for food and he said he'd been going out with me, and she seemed offended. So they might pick him up tonight, they might not.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

She probably does, lol. Mike... send me some warmth. We've had clouds and flurries then the sun peeks out for a second or two... there's a cold wind out there though. It's still only up to 31 degrees.....
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM

l googled "hotnicole.com" and got a vertual plethora of pics.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
CQR

A smorgasbord, as it were...
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Beautiful 50° day here. Love it.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:53 AM
CQR

Morning all, made it another day without a dysfunction destruction. Rained lightly most of the night. Can't seem to sleep worth a crap. The melatonin even laughs at me. Hope everyone has a great humpday.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Hump Day everyone.

Night One was a success. I did something I'd never done before, MD88 engine boroscope. And when I was done I didn't have any parts left over and the engine started right up, so I was pleased.

Man am I tired. I didn't get too much of a nap yesterday afternoon, so I hope I can sleep a lot today. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. Rain is coming at some point this week, and it's going to get cold again. But they said on the news this morning there's a chance we could hit 80 next week. I'll take it.

Okay gonna take my butt to bed. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 05:27 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite cool dis mawn'in and spose to get wet later.

Mike, good luck wit de insurance guys. IMHO they are a PITA.

Ok, folks wit kids. can sum on esplain to me how in de wide wide world of sports a kid can have 922 text in one frigg'in month?

Scot, what's de norm fer your girls?

Have a great day Olds friends, I'm gonna get a job as a greeter at walmart to pay fer sum of this crazness.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Humpin Day All

I guess all good things have to end and it looks like we get the wet stuff the latter half of this week

Jamesbo they all send about that much or more per month That is why we have to have unlimited texting. By the time they send me a text and I am trying to reply they have already sent me three more on top of that
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny but cold here this morning. Supposed to warm up with some south winds tomorrow. Yeah right.... I'm not holding my breath, lol! I've about give up on ever being warm again.

Nice without Steve this morning. Of course I pis*ed Brian off first thing by saying how hot I thought it was in here.... 76 is hot to me in this enclosed little space. I said "last week we didn't touch the thermostat and we survived just fine". He just shut right up. I turned my fan on at 8:01. A$$!!!!! I'm sure he will whine to Clay later on, lol. At least I don't just run right out and turn down the thermostat. It's NOT all about me in here.....

Jamesbo.... that's not many texts, lol. On our newest bill, Nicole texted over 1500 messages, and I texted close to 900. Most to her of course. That's why we have unlimited texting.

Clint.... happy to hear all is quiet thus far, lol.

I watched 3 episodes of The Walking Dead season 1 with Nicole last night. Nothing on Tuesday nights that we watch, so I went in her room and we started. I have a long way to go to get to the present time, lol. Don't know if we'll make it. Larry gets mad when I spend time with her. He went to bed at 9:30, so we came out and watched it on the living room tv, lol. It was different.....

Well you all have a good hump day, and send some heat my way, please!
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM

Nothing on Tuesday nights that we watch
I usually watch "Justified", but it is guy oriented, and the season finale was last night
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:49 AM

I watch Miami CSI and sum show 'bout Vegas. I'm kinda fond of sun and silicone
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ok, folks wit kids. can sum on esplain to me how in de wide wide world of sports a kid can have 922 text in one frigg'in month?
For my son when I finally agreed to let him get a cell phone.. I made sure we had an unlimited texting package
the first cycle (1/2 month) he racked up 5K texts.
the second cycle he slowed down some and was only near 2K
Nearest I can figgure James.. .. they dont' sleep.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Wow. Jamesbro, mine are 9 and 6 and neither have a cell phone. I'm holding out as long as I can!

Shows - I like Justified, Vegas, The Americans, Archer and Are you faster than a redneck. Usually don't watch much regular TV but these are all pretty good.

We had a teaser for a few days where it was 55-60 degrees but it was cold today back down into the 40's. Beginning to wonder when it's going to warm up.

Have a great night everyone.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Cold day here too but at least it was dry.

I hate to say this, but I sort of hope we get some good rain to wash away all of the salt on the roads here. But only if there's warm temperatures with the rain.

I enjoy the Vegas show too. I noticed in the first couple of episodes, they referenced Oldsmobiles by name. Guess that's a perk of a brand no longer being made, no fear of advertising on a tv show.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul, rained here last night for about 1/2 hour. Lots of wind too. Guess we're luckier than you - we don't use salt on the roads. Just lots of sand/gravel that makes motorcycle riding in the spring treacherous.