The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everybody.

We had rain all night long. And it's supposed to continue all day today and into tomorrow. Yuck.

Long night at work. I thought I'd be a wiseguy and volunteer to do the cargo pit inspection. Well, on a 757 the cargo pits are very long, and I ended up retaping most of both of them. It took me all night and my knees are killing me. I stayed out of the rain, though.

I can think of a couple times when Oldsmobile has been mentioned on TV. In the movie, Throw Mama From the Train, Billy Crystal was hiding from Mama on the outside ledge and rats were running around, and he yelled to Owen, you have rats the size of Oldsmobiles out here! One time on Who's The Boss, Tony was at a party and this really, really pregnant woman comes up and says, I think it's going to be twins. Tony says, I think it's going to be an Oldsmobile.

I should get to sleep good today. With it being gloomy out the dogs won't be in a hurry to go outside much, so if the phone doesn't ring I'll be fine.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain ere too. GTG take a friend who jes had eye surgery back to his home in de mountains. He's on de utter side of East Jesus out in Dekalb county. I-285 is always fun in de rain.

Down ere we never buy coolers or ladders.If ya need one ya jes get on I-285 and pick one up from de center lane.

Mike, What's your phone # ? I'd be happy to wreck your day/nite which ever it is.

Have a Great day Olds Friends
Old April 4th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Jamesbo, kids do not use telephones anymore! All texting...I think there is going to be a generation that will not know how to actually talk to a person

Allan, lucky you....a nice batch of sodium chloride was applied on our roads yesterday...guess I will not be takin the car out this weekend

Have a good day....

Ted
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A little late this morning.... Cloudy here - some weak sun trying to come out but not doing a very good job. It's in the 20's right now, but supposed to warm up later on. I won't hold my breath! I think I heard one of our weather forecasters say that our spring will be wet and stormy. Go figure. Won't be able to get Teepo out on the roads until June, lol. We still have plenty of salt on the roads.

Quiet in here today. Another long boring day. Yesterday wasn't that busy either. Steve's stuff was pretty quiet surprisingly, so these guys weren't overloaded.

Nicole was supposed to be off today, but she texted me at 8:45 saying they called and wanted her to come in until 1:00, so she went.

I still haven't heard from Bob at the body shop. Maybe he can't find a door for the Intrigue....

Haven't heard from John for a few days. Haven't heard from Adrian in a while...

Jamesbo... have a safe trip! I agree with Sammy.... kids don't talk anymore. They don't know how to interact with people. I think that's some of Nicole's problems with jobs. No people skills. That's not a good thing.

Well have a great day all.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well..... quiet on the forum again. It's up to a nice 46 degrees now and the sun is out. It was soooo nice walking at lunch time. I didn't want to come back in this stuffy little office. I've had my fan on all afternoon.

So I got the email estimate from Bob at the body shop. $1228.00 to replace the door and fix the Intrigue. I don't think Tony's dad is gonna be happy about that! I hope he doesn't give me a hard time and want me to take it elsewhere for estimates, since I was nice enough not to call my insurance co. and file a claim and make Tony lose his insurance. We shall see, I guess. I made a copy of it for Nicole to give to Tony's dad.
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM

I see the making of another $5.00 a square pool.

Given "No good deed goes unpunished" I think each square should be oh say, 1-100 days Tony's dad forks up de dough.

Jes send me you five bucks and i take care of the details
Old April 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Cutlass Lover

You're funny, Jamesbo!
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:49 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Afternoon All

Well the cow done came and went and hopefully she won't come back for a week or so

Jamesbo, I can't afford to swim in that pool My luck it would fall on any other day that I chose

Ted is right, kids cannot communicate except through texting. They also use skpye where they watch each other text via web cam

Got to go grill up some of my framous steak & taters TTFN
Old April 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM

I could put it on de Frigidaire next to de kid from Guatamala I send sum $$ to.
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM

Thumbs down

WOW!!!!! SMH!!!
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:07 PM
GM Enthusiast

That's funny Jamesbro. Where can I get that magnet?
Old April 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM

Here's my 5 bucks, put me in!
Old April 5th, 2013, 04:49 AM
CQR

Morning all. Bummer Sandy. Hope Tony's dad comes thru for you.

Spose to be in the mid 70's today. Gonna be too nice to work. then rain this weekend and snow on Monday. Oh well, just like every annoying person around here says, "we need the moisture"

Taking off first thing in the morning to Council bluffs. My bud from the windy city is meeting us there so we can finally give him his portion of last years steer. I'm gonna take the car hauler and stop in Columbus and see about buying a little bobcat.

Speaking of bobcats, the wife chased one away from the horsebarn yesterday. we usually don't see bobcats here this close to the city.

Have a great Friday all.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone.

I guess it rained all night at the airport but we were working inside. It didn't look too wet when I got home. I hope it doesn't rain today because another insurance guy is coming to my house to look at the other cars this afternoon.

Clint good trip to Iowa. I haven't been to Iowa in years. My favorite town there? Davenport.

You know who we haven't seen for awhile, Bryan. I hope he and his wife haven't done each other in.

Kevin what did that mean? Several things have gone over my head in the last couple days. Evidently it's because I still watch a TV with a picture tube.

I try to keep my texting to a minimum. My phone, oddly enough, has buttons that look like a phone, therefore when I text, I have to hit each button the number of times to get the correct letter to show up. Takes awhile to text something long.

Sandy around here you could buy a whole Intrigue with that much money. They are plentiful and cheep. Of course you'd still have to paint the door unless you found a car the same color.

Okay off to bed. Gotta get up early this afternoon for that guy. Two more before the weekend. Have a great day everyone.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:21 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite dank up ere in de mountains dis mawn'in.

Welp,
Tanks but five bucks does not a pool make.

Ain't never been to Iowa, bet Buddy Holley wished he hadn't either. I got a bud from up there.

Clint, We got mo an mo bobcats round dis parts, Not real sure why

When I was a kid, we gave our best squeeze an ID bracelet an later a senior ring. When we broke up de tossed it in our faces. Today dis kids change their FB status from “In a relationship” to either “single” or “It’s complicated”

Dat way de whole world knows ever time de have a spat.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:39 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Yep kinda dank and dreary ere as well Jamesbo. I was hoping this mess moved out yesterday but I guess not

I haven't figured out all of the Fakebook stuff so I don't know much except like and share
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sun is trying to peek out from all the clouds and it's around 42 degrees! Haven't seen that kind of temp. in the morning for a long long time. I saw next week we may even get up to around 80!! I'll die in here, though. I'm sure heaters will be on and whatnot. The flowers and trees will like that warmth for sure! My crocus are soooo beautiful this year. They've really multiplied and the deer haven't eaten them. The tulips are coming up now, daffodil buds are getting bigger!! I have a little miniature daffodil that is open already. It's so cute.

I've been to Iowa several times.... nothing to write home about, lol. Larry is from Iowa. (I) (O) oughta (W) went (A) around. Looks like southern Ohio to me. Rolling hills and cornfields.

Last day without Steve. It's been nice.

Mike.... I'd like to find a $1200 Intrigue! I paid $6000 for this one back in 2006. It's a 2001. Bob didn't call me yesterday.... I have some questions I want to ask him, so I reckon I'll call him today. Then I'll give Nicole the quote to give to Tony's dad. Hopefully he's a man of his word.

I gotta take Lin shopping sometime this weekend and get that out of the way. I think it's supposed to rain Sunday, so I'll probably go Saturday. I dunno yet. Oh well.

You all have a great Friday!!!!!
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Mike.... I'd like to find a $1200 Intrigue! I paid $6000 for this one back in 2006. It's a 2001. Bob didn't call me yesterday.... I have some questions I want to ask him, so I reckon I'll call him today. Then I'll give Nicole the quote to give to Tony's dad. Hopefully he's a man of his word.
They are between $1600-4000 here.. with most in the 2000-2500 Range..

Pending year / mileage..
I searched from 99-02
Old April 5th, 2013, 10:00 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I could put it on de Frigidaire next to de kid from Guatamala I send sum $$ to.

I could take a picture of one for you .

Well , I figured I'd warn all of you that I'm back now after a absence of not having internet since I moved . I have a wireless deal that gets a signal from my aunts modem . ( AT&T Uverse ) It seems pretty decent actually and it's cheap .... of course my virus protection ran out too , so I had to buy that today also ..... Easy come , easy go .
Old April 5th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Always room for one more

Wow what a nice day this turned out to be. Warm, sunny, very nice.

The insurance "team" came this afternoon, the adjuster and his team leader. They looked over the pickup and the Rolls. The pickup he said the damage outweighed it's value, so one of two things, they could pay me for the market value and take it, or they'd pay me the difference between salvage and market and I'd keep it. Guess what I'm going to do. One thing they're not getting is the title so they can mark salvage on it. Nope. The Rolls he just shook his head and said, I'll have to get back to you.

Sandy I apologize. I'll retract my statement about buying an Intrigue for 1200 bucks. I did a cursory search on Craigslist today and the average price is around 2900. I did see a couple for under 2K but they were pretty used up.

Well I guess I'll find me something to eat and start the getting ready for work ritual. Looks like it's going to be a nice weekend so everyone have a good one.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Always room for one more

Okay I've been thinking the last couple hours about what I said, about keeping the truck and letting them pay me the difference between what it would cost to fix it and salvage. I took money to buy that truck so the title is with the bank. Can the insurance company bypass me and go to the bank and have the title branded salvage or do they have to get it from me?

Okay off to work. Leaving a little early so I can put gas in the car. I see it's down to 3.36 at the local QT.
Old April 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I guess the 1st question is what truck? As in year model? That said if it is 25 years or older, in GA you don't need a title to buy or sell and be able to tag and insure it. But if said insurance company pays you for a total loss they bypass you and the bank and go straight to the DMV and it is recorded where "it counts" that it is a salvage title and would need to be updated as such.
Old April 5th, 2013, 06:29 PM

Good Evening everyone

A couple of cool days here recently, but the temperatures are supposed to start warming up starting tomorrow.

Good luck with the cars Mike.

Welcome back Bryan.

Sandy, hope things work out with the Intrigue.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old April 6th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Nice night last night. Worked outside but it wasn't all that bad. No rain so that was a plus.

Scot this is for my 02 Silverado. I didn't even think that they'd go straight to the DMV. Well, I guess I'll just have to see what the guy says on Monday. I'd find it hard to believe they'd consider the truck a total loss just because of hail damage. It isn't like I drove it off a bridge or something.

Paul why don't you have the 90 in your signature picture?

Have a good weekend everyone. I will be wacked by the time I'm done for the weekend. At least it will be nice out the whole time.

I'm off to bed.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day down ere.

Scot, You may be de only one sides me dat ever had Mayhaw jelly on a biscuit. yum

Mike, When de H/O got totaled, they just game me a check minus the salvage value, so i could keep it. It never went thru DMV so the titled was unchanged even though it was totaled. In you case the bank most likely has to get paid off but I don't think they care what happens to the truck once they get their $$$

Here's a list of stuff you spose to see/do in Hotlanta
http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/en...atlanta/nXCmQ/
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
NOVICE car nut

Mike, When de H/O got totaled, they just game me a check minus the salvage value, so i could keep it. It never went thru DMV so the titled was unchanged even though it was totaled. In you case the bank most likely has to get paid off but I don't think they care what happens to the truck once they get their $$$
So , you still have the car ? are you parting it out ?
Old April 6th, 2013, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
So , you still have the car ? are you parting it out ?
Oh no, I sold it to a guy who renovated it a-gain and took it to BJ and sold it.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:46 PM

It appears that someone took a bite outta that biscuit...Jamesbo?
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday everyone.

Finally, my last night of work. Now you won't have to hear me belly-ache about it anymore.

Beautiful day here, that I saw too much of. Went to dinner with my neighbor tonight, his wife is going to be home late Monday so then I'm off the hook. I don't mind looking after the guy. He isn't an invalid by any means, but he has trouble walking some times and he feels better knowing there's someone close by.

Got lots to do this weekend, getting ready for the roof adjuster and finally being able to clean up in the yard a little bit. Dare I say I'm going to try to take the Rolls up to Roswell and see about getting it running. It's been sitting for over a year and hasn't budged. I'd like to budge it, with a hacksaw.

Okay off to work. Have a good night everyone and I hope you're enjoying the weekend.
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Nice day down ere.

Scot, You may be de only one sides me dat ever had Mayhaw jelly on a biscuit. yum
Great day ere too And yup that's some mighty fine jelly right there Yummy!
I bet somewhere down the line when the title finally was applied for the new buyer got a rude awakening from the DMV in their state when they applied for it Fortunately you sold it as such Jamesbo and the repercussions would not affect you.

Well I received the EEO packet today and it is beautifully binded together and is composed in about 1 1/2 reams of paper I have read it and it is looking really good in my behalf Now I go Monday and talk to the person that will represent me through the rest. What I don't understand is why on God's green Earth with all of the evidence I have and statements from co-workers that they chose to let it go this far without making me another valid offer Anywho rest assured I am not going to let it go by no means and I am pressing on like our troops did in Normandy
Old April 6th, 2013, 08:25 PM
GM Enthusiast

Good evening everyone. Funny story, I was at the post office today. This lady comes in the door rolling a large tire and gets in line behind me. She tells me that her son is stationed in Germany and needs this tire for his car. I asked her why he could not get it there and she said they don't carry that size in Europe??? Not sure why but anyway it was for his new Challenger SRT8 and he runs it on the Nurenburging racetrack. It cost her $62 to send it.

Must be a nice site to see American Muscle on the streets over there.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful day it's started out to be. It seems the sun is coming up a tad earlier now. I guess it will be nice until Thursday when thunderstorms come in.

Work was, work. Not a bad night, but the same old BS. We get pulled from every angle and the management wonders why things don't get done. Ah, gone from there for three days.

Darrell I wanted to send a NASCAR tire over to Australia once, the online shipping wizard said it would cost me 562. It was actually a tire my buddy bought at the Daytona speedway when he was here visiting for five bucks. I gave him his 5 back and I still have the tire. It will probably end up as an end table some day.

Lots to do, and nice weather to do it in. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old April 7th, 2013, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day down ere

Mike, let me know when you're headed to Roswell, I buy ya sum sushi at our Awful House.

Scot, There was no way the H/O title ever showed "salvage" it never left my hands until I sold it. I'm not real sure how Mike's bank is gonna handle things? Maybe give de v.p. a 6 pack and he'll help him out.

GTG Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a little sunny here this morning, very windy, and temps around 58 degrees! It's a heat wave! We didn't have any rain last night like they said we might. Rain chances through this coming week, though.

Yesterday was more sunny and in the 50's. I see we might hit 70 on Wed. or Thurs.... I'm gonna have to take a tank top and shorts in to work with me this week. They will be roasting me out no doubt. Brian really made me mad Friday afternoon when he cranked on Steve's heater. No way in hell anyone could be cold in there at 76 degrees.....

I went to see Bob yesterday morning. He was soooo busy! I waited almost an hour. I just had some questions on why he had the front door of the Intrigue on the estimate when it was the back door that was hit. He 'splained to me about having to match/blend the color along the side of the car. I said 'Oh'! I never thought about that....

After Bob's, I went up and took Lin shopping. Jean came along with us when she got off work. We had fun. I didn't get home until after 4. Then I ran the sweeper and did some laundry. Larry grilled steaks on his new grill and baked me a sweet tater.... it was delicious! I filled the bird feeders. That's about all I got done yesterday.

Today I have to get my hair washed, finish the laundry, and I'd like to scrub down the spare room and be done with my spring cleaning. I think Larry wants to see a movie sometime.

Well you all have a great Sunday!!
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:10 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Gonna be another gorgeous day ere We plan on sprucing up the yard a bit.

Darrell they do give a tremendous price break to our soldiers stationed elsewhere. That is a good thing because it would cost the soldiers a fortune to ship back some of their stuff that they can't carry back on the planes or ships.

Jamesbo it just seems to me that if they payed to total it out, then if someone made it road worthy again they would have to go through the same avenues as someone who bought a car through say a Hurricane Sandy auction Maybe it was because the car was over 25 years old

Anywho here's an interesting fact fer the foreigners

Sixty-four years ago today, Cairo native Jackie Robinson stepped onto the diamond at Luther Williams Field (Macon, GA) and made history as the first black player ever to play against white ballplayers in Georgia.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM

Scot, I guess dats de diff. De payed total $$ less salvage value to me. So in esence, I kept it to do whatever I wanted to do wit it. So, they never really bought the whole car from me.
Old April 7th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone!

What a great day this was. Mid 70s and sunny. Didn't get a durned thing done. Tomorrow all hell's breaking loose. I'm gonna be a blur.

Jamesbo I've been reading the trivia thread and I don't get that mule joke either.

The yellow pollen is in full swing. My black truck looks green. My blue cars look green. My green car looks yellow. I'm surprised I'm not in bed with severe allergies. Could it be that after 16 years I'm finally used to it? This is the only time of year I actually like rain.

I might take a ride to McDonough in the next couple days to go see that convertible I was talking about last week. I hope the woman doesn't remember me. I'm sure she's still "gonna do something with it." I also need to go to the junkyard. I might make a round trip of it.

Well I got a few minutes of daylight left so I think the dogs and I are going to go play outside. Hope everyone has a good evening and a good start to the week.
Old April 7th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Well it got up to a beautiful 72 degrees here today! It stayed real windy all day.

I got the road salt scrubbed off the floor in the house garage this afternoon, getting it ready to bring Teepo back in. I hope to move her this week sometime. I kind of want it to rain and get the streets clean so I can take her out for a nice run. There's still a lot of mud at the end of our street and on 91. Its nice to have a driveway this year to bring her out of the garage on, lol.

I was outside as much as I could be today. Larry cleaned the leaves and yucky stuff out of the water garden ponds and filled it back up and put the pump back in so its up and running again. We have a lot of sticks and limbs laying around that we have to pick up. He got the pampas grasses cut back, too.

I changed the sheets and bedspreads on the beds, washed the blankets and such, finished cleaning the spare room, and got my hair washed. We went down to Paninis and had pizza for supper. I made egg salad with the last of the colored eggs for lunch this week. Now we're watching the country music awards and I'm tired.

Scot... I hope all goes good for you tomorrow! It's nice that things look to be in your favor. It has taken awhile, hasn't it? Good that its starting to move along.

Well I better get off here, so have a great evening all.
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Gonna be another beauty today with temps reaching the 80's again

Thanks Sandy I am gonna need all I can get going up against the gubment

We got a lot done yesterday. We pressure washed the back porch and outside rug, fixed the mower that was eating belts (issue resolved ) and got both yards cut finally.

Well I hope everyone has a great day considering it is Monday
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Monday everyone.

I love this weather. I don't think it got quite to 80 yesterday but it was glorious.

Awful house and Walmart this morning. Being Monday I can use water outside, but it would be futile to wash a car, as that yellow crap would be all back on it before it got dried. Maybe I'll wash the Suburban. The paint on it is so bad and so dirty I might use Scotch Brite.

Okay gonna git to gittin' so I can get back. My neighbor and her sister are due back from Pennsylvania this afternoon with a trailer full of stuff they cleaned out of a house they're selling, and I'm going to help unload. Have a good day everyone and I hope your weeks starts out good.