The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Congrats on having a short work day on your BD. Enjoy the lounge chair! Maybe a nice mint julep in celebration?
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:43 AM

How long does a full blown funeral mass last?
Well, if it's Catholic...better pack a lunch and a change of clothes, cuz you'll be there all day. The only thing that takes as long is a Catholic wedding...trust me, I've been to many of them.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:44 AM

Happy birthday Sandy!! Moses say's "hi"
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:26 AM
NOVICE car nut

Don't have much time today , so Happy Birthday Sandy !
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:36 AM
CQR

If He were a she, I doe believe she would have made it.
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ohhhh, ouch! I got a shudder just looking at that. Ok, looks like we're having Venison at Clint's tomorrow.
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:23 PM

Thanks to all my Friday fish sticks friends. I always loved dem things in grammar school ]
I had a rather rare flash of sanity an decided against the mass. I'm gonna go to de wake instead. Anyone wanta volunteer as my designated driver?
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cutlass Lover

I just had to check in and tell you how much I'm enjoying my lounge chair, lol! Its a gorgeous 77 breezy degrees out here. Mr. Steve, our neighbor, is on his tractor mulching up his leaves and they smell so nice. We just don't get these kind of days in late October.

Nick and Nicole came by and brought me a beautiful Orchid plant and lunch from Qdoba!! I love Qdoba. We had one in Macedonia and I ate there at least once a week, but they closed down a couple years ago. Never did find out why. I love their steak quesidias (I know that's spelled wrong, lol). I could only eat one piece of it since Larry is taking me out later. He came home at noon with the cake. I don't know what kind... Nicole is going to stop back by and have cake with us after she drops Nick off at the airport. Shes gonna be in that rush hour traffic coming out of Cleveland.

Ok, that's it for now. Hard to see this Kindle screen outside.
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Gonna be a nice night for work. Now if the work itself cooperates we're all set.

Sandy I hope you enjoyed your day and food with your loved ones. You should take tomorrow off so you can whoop it up for a long weekend.

Ah Jamesbo, you didn't say it was an irish funeral.

Didn't get to see my sister last night. As soon as I got to work we jumped into an engine change and there were only four of us, so I called her when she landed and said I'd see her this weekend. What's funny is I know she flew in on a DC9, and later a DC9 was brought over for an engine change. I wonder if I should tell her she broke her plane. Actually, I don't know for sure it was her plane, it just struck me as funny.

Allan the guy you all are referring to in the other post that polishes things that no one likes, is he the one with the name that could be construed a couple different ways? It always makes me laugh when I see that.

Okay it's that time. Hope everyone has a good night and is planning tons of cool things for the weekend.
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Allan the guy you all are referring to in the other post that polishes things that no one likes, is he the one with the name that could be construed a couple different ways? It always makes me laugh when I see that.
I'm not referring to him, the others are. You mean that Baaaaad guy? Yup. BTW Richard closed the thread. Seems it was heading South too fast and would arrive in TX very shortly...

LOL - ya, you should tell her. Sorry you didn't get to visit. Oh well - on de weekend hopefully.

My feet are freezing and it's 70 in here.

Other news. Princess Auto put out a new flyer and the compressor I bought back on Oct 3 for 900.00 is going on sale in 4 days for 749.00. I phoned and asked if I could have the sale price and they said yes. Yay!

Jamesbo - (hope you're not Irish - in fact hope none of you are offended by off color Irish stuff) What green and has 5000 **** holes? De St. Patricks day Parade don't ye know?
another edit: What do ye call an Irish man selling lawn chairs door ta door?? Paddy O'furniture!

Last edited by Allan R; October 25th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:46 PM

Afternoon all, been a while. Just the same old busy schedule for me.

Happy birthday Sandy, hope you have a great day and get spoilt

I was looking on carsales (like craigslist but only cars) over here and you wouldn't believe what I found, COL WICKHAMS car is for sale If I had the spare cash you know I would buy it in a heart beat. Here is the link if you want to look at her one last time http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...k&sort=default

Good to see everyone is still here, I will update further when I get some more time.

Sorry if cols car post upsets anyone (Sandy ) but I had to share it.

Talk soon, Adrian
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice on down ere.

Adrian, I sho do miss Col. He had me in stitches every mawn'in. Couse, I miss my ole pal Blue too.

Yep, It was Irish. My wife's black Irish too. One of her [black Irish] sisters is goofy enough to believe the Spanish Armada myth 'bout black Irish.

Allan, No, I'm not Irish. I'm kinda like Mel Brooks, I am an equal opportunity discriminator [against everyone religion, race, creed, color, sexual preference and national origin] INCLUDING my own.

I rather firmly believe ya can't take most stuff too seriously. I mean if it ain't cancer or a heart attack, why worry 'bout it.

Speak'in of Irish.I'm always fascinated by de names actors have. Take David Caruso on Miami CSI. Why in de wild wild world of sports would a red headed Irish guy take an I-talian name.

My all time favorite actress name is S Eparata Merkerson.[ on Law and Order] Her agent must take sum weird drugs to come up wit a name like dat.

Did ya'll see whar dis 18 year old kid was kilt in HIS NEW Ferrari down ere. WTF are parents think'in? Wonder what de insurance premium is on a 18 Year old wit a new Fazaz?

There's hope fer civilization I think. Perhaps Hurricane Sandy will take out Wall Street and the major news netwerks. Dem we can have sum piece an quiet.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:20 AM
CQR

Happy Friday all.

Adrian, That sure is a pretty car. I musta been post Col. here on CO. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the 442 badging is not correct for that year CS, right? It was either one or the other. Didn't they start that in 68? and 65-67 442 was an option package but not a model line? And when did they change it back?

Allan, Congrats on the rebate. 70* are you nuts? My furnace is set for 65 and only when we are home. Speaking of Furnaces, I went out to the Garage this morning and that furnace was blowing cold, I think it was on all night but the pilot light was out. So I had to climb up to the attic this morning and get that thing fired up.BTW Allan, I'm a mick, at least partly. and no, It don't bother me. I'm an equal opportunity offender.

It's a chilly 25F out right now. Didn't enjoy getting dripped on yesterday.

Sure am glad I haven't ran into "the one who must not be named" he sounds like a real douche'.

Mike isn't a lot of Delta's fleet DC9's? I remember as a young lad riding a Delta DC9 It's amazing how old some of those planes are. My buddy used to work on some 27's that were from the 70's I think.

Jamesbo, Those Grits a ya ya sure look good. I may have to try that.

Sandy, Glad you had a nice warn day yesterday, But don't look at whats comin your way

Ted, Sorry bout the Hoff, next time it'll be better cuz it'll be a guys birfday and I'll pick out a nice lass.

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Rite of Christian Burial

Hey folks... WAY MORE INFO THAN ANYBODY WANTS FOLLOWS:

There's a lot of variation nowadays in length of time for the entire ritual. Traditionally, if you wanted to attend the whole funeral and burial ceremony, it could be a rather lengthy affair, depending on how it's done and the proximity of church to funeral home and cemetery. But in any case, the Requiem Mass itself would be somewhere between an hour and an hour & a half, unless something highly irregular occurs.

Traditional funerals began at the funeral home for a "visitation" in the morning (usually the morning after an evening "wake.") The priest met the family and friends at this morning visitation, then there was a motorcade to the church for the Mass. Now, the Mass is often celebrated at a funeral-home chapel, eliminating the excursion to the church.

From church or chapel, the motorcade proceeded to the cemetery for the imterment. Of course, if the funeral home is at the site of the cemetery -- as some now are -- this motorcade is eliminated as well.

So, for the old traditional funeral with different sites for visitation, Mass, and burial, the entire process could easily last 3 or even 4 hours. But nowadays, the whole process is normally completed in 2 or so hours, including interment. So if you're just attending the Mass, it wouldn't normally be more than 75 minutes or so.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, if it's Catholic...better pack a lunch and a change of clothes, cuz you'll be there all day. The only thing that takes as long is a Catholic wedding...trust me, I've been to many of them.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 26th, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's in the 60's now, a little sun out here, but the cold front is coming later today.

The Colonel's "Handsomest One"! He was soooo proud of that car, wasn't he? I wish I had the money to buy it. It's a gorgeous car. I'm sure they'll get the money. I was wondering if they had sold it yet or not. I sure miss The Colonel. And Blue... They really made us laugh!!

Allan R.... You'd really like it in this office, lol! No way in hell your feet would get cold. Or any other part of ya either!

Steve is off today so no heater blasting. I came in this morning, and evidently yesterday while I was gone, Brian took it upon himself to move my little 3 drawer plastic cabinet from under the left side of this cafeteria table I work on, over to the right side. He thinks getting it out of the way of the cold air return vent will help the temp. in here. I don't think so. The cold air return vent is by no means blocked so no air can get to it, by my little cabinet. That really made me mad. I wouldn't touch his stuff...... I made a comment that I'm going to get a desk and I don't think he liked it much. These tables are just too high for me. I scrunch my shoulders everytime I type (just to reach the keyboard) and the muscles stay tense and my upper back hurts like the devil constantly. I guess 4 years of doing this has taken it's toll. So I'm gettin a desk - I will buy it myself and take it with me when I ever leave here - with a low keyboard tray, and my shoulders won't hurt all the time. I've been putting my keyboard on my lap when I use it, and it helps. We're all different and if these tall tables work for these guys, so be it. It doesn't work for me. Sitting in Steve's or Clay's chairs when they aren't here and I have to check their emails, it kills me! They have their chairs practically on the floor, and the tables are so high..... Whatever.

Larry and I went to the Olive Garden for dinner. My pasta was great! Brought the leftover home and gave to Nicole. Larry got me a cassada cake - custard and strawberries in the middle. Won $50 on a scratch off ticket, and 5 more on a couple other ones. That was nice. He renewed my Sirrus XM radio for another year as a gift for me. I told him I didn't want anything!! So it was a nice birthday. No fightin or arguing with anyone....

Nicole got Nick to the airport safely. He hated to leave. She got a letter from Charlie. Guess he's doing ok in his training.

Well I better get off here and do something. I'm still fired up about my stuff being moved around. A-Hole!!! Sorry....

Have a good Friday all.
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:37 AM

Morning all

Seeing the Col's car made me sad. I do miss his humor a lot and I miss Blue as well. While I was on vacation two good friends passed away one a life time hot rodder. Can't replace fiends. Give yours a hug the next time you see them never know if it will be the last time.

Cold and wet here, settled in for the long rainy grey days ahead. Car cover is on the 57 and will only come off if the sun is out. Back to work on the 48 my goal is to have it on the road in primer by next summer god willing and the creek don't rise.

The company I work for is going to make substantial cuts in the office, sales and work force so I may be retiring sooner than planned, we'll see how that shakes out. Interesting time ahead for sure.

Take care all and talk to you soon
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Always room for one more

Hey good morning everyone.

Work wasn't bad last night but it drug out until the end. I hope I can get out early tonight so I don't have to break my neck getting to Florida tomorrow afternoon.

Clint Delta had quite a bit of DC9s back in the day, in fact we were the launch carrier for them in 1966. They all went away in the late 80s. However we got a bunch more a couple years ago from Northwest. We keep hearing they are going to the desert but for now they're still here.

I'm post-Col as well. That is a beautiful car. I'm surprised it took this long for them to sell it.

Sandy I'm glad your day was a success. Craigslist has desks for free all the time, big huge ones and little computer ones and everything in between. That's what you need, is a big huge oak executive looking desk.

Jamesbo I hadn't heard about the kid in the Ferrari. That's just stupid money I'm sure. I was going to buy a Ferrari a few years ago, it was in Florida. Right about that time a hurricane came to Melbourne(where the car was) and according to the guy selling it-for his neighbor- the owner freaked out and trucked it to Miami to a consignment shop. I had my financing all arranged and everything. Made me think the car didn't really exist.

Adrian, how is the new car coming together? Still wondering what it is. A Nash Metropolitan perhaps? Did you say it was a Poncho? I'll have to go back and look.

Well it's past bedtime. I hope I get up in time to get a bunch of things done for tomorrow. What am I saying? The dogs will be sure of it.

Have a great Friday everyone.
Old October 26th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Perhaps Hurricane Sandy will take out Wall Street and the major news netwerks. Dem we can have sum piece an quiet
X2!
.BTW Allan, I'm a mick, at least partly. and no, It don't bother me. I'm an equal opportunity offender.
Irish, German, Scottish, and who knows what the hell else! So, I can only offend myself
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Mike,

De easy part is buy'in a Ferrari. Den ya gotta maintain de sucker. Probably 'bout as much as one of dem jets you hammer on every nite.

But I don't wanta a newer one. Paddles [like de new shifters] are fer canoes not cars.

Besides, IMHO, If Enzo didn't walk down the line an personally bless it. It's not really a Ferrari. Guess I'll have to settle fer a Testerossa.
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

It's Friday!
Nice light dusting of snow here overnight. It's 12:00 local time and temps still only 25. At least the sun is shining. I feel kind of restless since I haven't been able to work on the car for a few days. The fumes from the Coleman stove were getting to me so I had to stop for awhile.

That's a pretty hefty price on Col's car IMO. Hope they find a buyer who appreciates it as much as he did.

Adrian - I see the listing is 1971 but the car is 1972. Maybe you could mention that to them.

John - Should be as simple as "I do" or as Jamesbo would say "I did". Wakes are what boats leave behind, and they should be small as de boat should be moving fast.

Jamesbo - whuts dis you needs sum testosterone to drive? an by de by, who says growin old is mandatory??? I doesn't bleve in dat. I's still tryin ta finda way ta growsup so's I kin be a firetruck or poleese car an chase down dem fast eye tallyan carz.

Dan - if you were a dog you'd be classified as a mutt.

Mike - speakin of dogs..How are the pups doing. Ever get their prison built?

Sandy - Yeah, I don't like when peeps touch my stuff either. Ok, put some of that canned heat in an envelope and send it my way. Another 364 days till ya get another treat like yesterday.

Clint - you climbed in the *attic??* to re light the furnace? What kind of place do you live in. Most of the furnaces I know about are in the basement.

Pat - retirement isn't a bad thing unless you need the extra money. Have fun working on the 48!
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning ....

There's something about filling a car tire up with a bicycle pump ! I have the fender off my car , so that's the only choice I have at this time . I'm gonna have to buy one of those portable tanks you can fill with your compressor . That sure is a beautiful car the Col had . I didn't know him that well , but it makes me sad . I'm gonna probably be in the same situation one day , so if I stop coming on this site anymore , that's why . My Ahem .... wife sure wouldn't come on here to tell everyone if something happened to me , that's for sure ... How sad . ........ Anyhow , those funny prank calls a few of you guys posted on here the other day had me on the floor laughing , omg that was great .

Sandy - Glad you had a good day .... as far as the desk goes , I'm actually going to build my own that will be ergonomically correct for the spine / neck . I may just use cheap materials like plywood or something .... of course you would have to buy a computer chair , but I'm going to get the correct height measurements for the keyboard / monitor , and come up with a plan to accomidate everything else that would get stacked on the desk in time / storage .... I use to paint for a living , interior / exterior and that takes a toll on your spine . I had some issues with my back , so I went to a well known Chiropractor , and he fixed me up real good . It's been like 4yrs since I've had to go back there . I don't even go through my insurance that I have through work , because he gives me a deal knowing my old boss . I'ts like $40 a visit which is real good .... of course you have to be evaluated first via xrays which cost me about $170 the first time around to do all that , but then only $35 - $40 a visit after that . If you have serious back ailments , then DO NOT go to a chiropractor , ONLY go to a back specialist . That's part of the reason they evaluate you the first time , so they can make sure you don't have serious issues , because then they won't touch you .
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Allan R
Clint - you climbed in the *attic??* to re light the furnace? What kind of place do you live in. Most of the furnaces I know about are in the basement.
X2 , Dude ! what's up with that !
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint - I sorry. Just reread your post. It was in the garage!! My bad. tell me who in der rite mnd puts a furnace in the attic of the garage? Ya wants it down low and de heat can rise to de top. It's prolly something easily explained like 'the dog ate my homework' or sumpin? If'n I members right Sandy said most de same ting last year bout de furnace in her grage too! BTW in case ya dint seeit I gots Jamesbo aflixshun rights now.
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cutlass Lover

Allan R..... The furnace for our house is in the attic!!! The opening to the attic and the ladder, are in the attached house garage. So I have to move my car out if we need to get in the attic, in order to pull the door/ladder down so we can climb up there.. Don't ask me why they ever put the furnace in the attic. It lays flat. It's not standing up.

It used to be in the hallway closet at some time. Vents were on the floors. We cemented them over when we put the new carpet down. They just had pieces of foam padding laying in the vent holes, under the old carpet.

We are on a slab - we have no basement.

When Larry bought the house, the furnace was already up in the attic. Vents are on the ceilings now. There are those flexible garbage bag looking ducts with metal clamps on them, that run from the furnace to the different rooms in the house. Looks like a giant octopus or something up there, lol.

In our rental house next door - exact same house as ours - the furnace is in the hallway closet, vents on the floors. Their attic opening is in the ceiling of the spare room closet, because the previous owners did away with their garage over there to have more 'living' space.

The furnace sets midway down the attic. You have to crawl on your knees to get to it. It's above the hallway closet now. Not very efficient if you ask me. Larry has insulated the hell out of the attic through the years.

People do strange things.........
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So how come they don't build basements in your area? Seems kind of strange. Having a furnace in the attic kind of defeats the feature of having air circulation in the attic on top of the insulation. Bet your shingles don't last long do they? Could also contribute to a really hot house in the summer?

Even if the furnace was on the main floor it would be better IMO. When I was growing up, my Mom's house used to have 2 furnaces in the basement. 1 for the upper floor and 1 for the lower. The lower floor also had tinwork that was run through the concrete pour to the outlets. It was 'different' and you knew where the runs were because the floor under them got warm like radiant heating.

Building code up here doesn't allow that anymore.
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

Clint.... here are some threads you should read to learn why we came to love The Colonel! He was such a sh*t! We had soooo much fun with the first thread, when he hijacked Teepo, lol! God, I miss him..... enjoy reading, and smile.

Where's 1ATony? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

The Handsome One's Big Day Out.... ( 1 2)

The "Handsomest One" has landed... ( 1 2)
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:29 PM
CQR

Allan, Bryan. My house was built in 1940. I still have the coal chute door on the side of the house. Anywho, the garage was turned into a MIL apartment probably in the 50's.

It measured about 25X20 So floor space was a premium. They put the furnace in the attic and also didn't have any roof vents The south facing shingles curled like mad. But now that we have it vented it does alright.

I have since enclosed the large carport (full roof and trusses) that was attached to the front of it and opened it all up only leaving the bathroom and kitchen sink from the MIL apt conversion.

The house has a furnace in the basement.
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

Allan R..... Yes, people have basements around here, lol. Our house is a 3 bedroom ranch just built on a slab in 1958. No, we've never had any trouble with the roof. Larry wants to put on a new roof in a couple years, though...

I agree that it would be more efficient to have the furnace back in the hallway closet like it used to be, but I'm sure we'll never do it.

The cold front came in here around noon. I walked and froze, lol. Misty rain coming down, it's supposed to get worse as the night progresses. It's down to 50 degrees right now.

Time to get ready to leave, finally!!!!!!
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM

Ya know Sandy, we used to be alot funnier.
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Had some good sleep going until the mail woman rang the door bell. After that the dogs were restless and I started thinking about all the things I need to do before I left tomorrow.

Jamesbo I know all about the maintenance on a Ferrari, and I was okay with it all, though it can get a little expensive. The one I was looking at was an 85 308GTSi. I would have had to get some hawaiian shirts. Since I had all that money at my disposal my pockets started burning and I bought my Corvette instead. I may have mentioned that the Corvette has been a thorn in my side since the first week I've had it.

My old house had its furnace in the attic. Actually it was a heat pump. I hated that thing. We had unseasonably cold winters when I lived in that house, and the temp wouldn't get above 60 in the house without the heat strips coming on. My house now has a big package unit outside. Nice forced air gas fired. It can get the place nice and toasty, but I keep it set around 63 or my gas bill runs me out. I've got a wood stove that really does a nice job heating the place.

Allan the dogs are good. They won't be too happy being in dog jail this weekend. No I never did get their room built. I got to thinking that my office(third bedroom) is not big enough to put everything in there that I need to. So I guess I'll keep the guest room as is and finish the office and then figure out what to do. Speaking of enclosing carports, if I ever get around to enclosing mine, it will become the master suite, replete with office area, and then I'll have plenty of room to do whatever. That's a little ways down the road.

Bryan I'm not getting the correlation between the fender being off and using a bicycle pump to air up the tire. At least with a bicycle pump you won't get it up to 50 like that woman at the gas station.

As they say on the Hopper commercial, time fu suppah!
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM

Mike,

A 308 gts i is a cool car. WTH needs 12 cylinders in Hotlanta traffic anywho. I gots plenty of Magnum shirts. What size ya need?

When I was a pup be'in drug up in Butthead [north Atlanta] my folks had a gravity fed furnace. Built like a cast iron $hit house an werked like a pulp wood cutter 24/7 dur'in de winter months.

Course when de did away wit de winder a/c units and got central hvac, de ole gravity furnace went to de dump.

I wanta say, it was made by "Lighthouse"or "Beacon' but anywho de cast iron doors had a lighthouse on dem. It had huge galvanized pipes and pleniums.

Now, [as my friend Scot is well aware] I gots dis POS dual air/ heat pump/gas POS that goes TU every utter day.

Alas, I miss my rotary phone also
Old October 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Saw a Rotary phone from the sixties in a antique store the other day, made me feel like an antique. Cold here time to make some of that white chicken Chili. Watcha been cookin down there Jamsbo. Wife loves those shrimp and Grits. Only kind we get up on the west coast are the instant type. Not so good.
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
Bryan I'm not getting the correlation between the fender being off and using a bicycle pump to air up the tire. At least with a bicycle pump you won't get it up to 50 like that woman at the gas station.
LOL , I had to read it a couple of times myself ! .... I meant , because the fender is off , that I can't drive it to the gas station , or to my moms where my air compressor is in order to fill the tire up , so I had to use the bicycle pump to fill it .

Pat - My mom still has a rotary phone in one room of her house , and it still works

Last edited by oldsguybry; October 26th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ya know Sandy, we used to be alot funnier.
I've been reading some of those links , and I was cracking up !
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Always room for one more

Oh, haha Bryan I get it. I was assuming you had an air compressor where the car is. Silly me.

Jamesbo my neighbor had a 308 years ago. He said he loved it until the first time he had to have it worked on. A simple tune up? Five grand. They take half the motor apart and retime the cams, put on new timing belts, plugs, wires, distributor stuff. And of course labor at $$ an hour. My neighbor says, I don't want to pay 5K. The mechanic said, don't own a Ferrari.

When I was a kid my sister and I shared our own phone line. I purposely selected a Trimline phone that was rotary. That green dial lit up really cool and when I'd talk on the phone in the dark my face glowed. Someone gave me a 1968 era pay phone, the green one with a dial. Hooked it up to a regular cord and used it on my desk for years. Still have it, and a 50s looking black payphone, with the bells separate from the phone itself. Weird. Can't use them now, I don't have a landline.

Okay headed to the airport. You all have a great night and start whoopin' it up for the weekend early!
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint - Now I get it. BTW a 25X20 MIL suite is about 25X20 too much space for a MIL. Couldn't she just sleep in a tent out in yard?

Rotary phones. I members dem well. Dey were a PITA when you needed to dial in a hurry. Wit de new speed dial on de home phone an cell phone it's much easier to get de wrong numba or be confoosed. Half de time I has to member how ta unlock de durned thang. It does come in handy sometimes not havin ta be attached to a cord!
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:02 PM
CQR

Sounded like a neat fellow. Thanks for Sharing Sandy. Those were fun reads.

Allan, I agree. Thats why its now a 20X50 grage with heat 3/4 bath and its own 50 gal water heater

Last edited by CQR; October 26th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So that means you sometimes have to spend the night out there??? Hope you at least have room for a beer fridge and flat screen hanging from the ceiling.
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
CQR

Yesir. Beer fridge, TV, cable, Stereo. Brittney, pretty well set.
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Be down in a few hours, soon as I fire up the Freightliner! Take no prisoners at the border. I'll bring some old movies and hell a pee nyos! Maybe some green food dye to put in de beer?? I'll wear my green goofy shamrock hat if you wear yours!

I gots a load of flying monkeys to deliver to Sandy and Blue