The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ummm Mike? You lost me. What dash lights?
Sorry to hear you cut yourself at the boneyard. Hope it doesn't get infected.
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:12 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Mike shoot that cut full of Carb and choke spray. That'll kill any germs. One good thing about being a mechanic. My cuts don't seem to get infected. I We have Pick-A-Parts around here. I've Heard of Pull-A-Parts before, But seeing it like this 'pull apart' made me wonder.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:15 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawning All

A bit cool this morn with the mercury dipping below 45* but it should fair up nicely to a beautiful 77*

Yup Mike was right, I am the new owner of a really nice Xterra. I've go a few things to do to it before turning the eldest loose with it though. Such as cleaning the headlights, tires and possibly an alignment other than that it seems to be ready to go

Allan the dash lights was on the Delta that Sandy asked about and Mike the Intrigue was having starting and idling issues that Sandy also asked about.

Whelp yall have a great day
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:32 AM

Mawn'in all

A little cooler dis mawn'in, Yesterday was slosh, slosh, slochs on de golf course. Played like a goat 46/46

Gotta go to Buchead and midtown today. Funeral fer highschool bud and colledge buds daughter who lost her battle with leukemia.

Scot, Mike did you see where Author Montgomery passsed away. He and his brother George owned the Coca Cola Bottleing company here for years. He helped bring the braves to town. He also helped start Road Atlanta and at one time owed 15 Ferraris Years ago, I met him one time in Bimini, nice guy, he was bill fishing with his brother on their 46' Bertram "Rum and Coke"

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Not quite 50 out on the back porch today. But the sun is out and like the rest of the place is gonna be nice.

A thousand pardons Allan. I had forgotten that Sandy asked about the Intrigue after she asked about the dash lights.

Clint that was just lazy typing. Pull-A-Part is the name of the place and they have hotties on their billboards. How about some Skydrol on my hand?

Jamesbo I never heard of Author Montgomery. Sounds like he was a heck of a guy. Hope he rests easy.

Scot says, sorry daughter I have to drive the new car around to make sure it's okay for you. What he really means is, this is the latest toy in the house I get to play with it for a little while. Scot hope it turns out to be a good one.

Awful house then Walmart. Then I got the day to myself. This has been a rather productive weekend for me, I'm pleased.

Have a great day all.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy and dark here this morning, temps in the 40's. Supposed to clear up and head to the 60's later on.

Steve is back today. He just turned on his friggin heater! It's already 76 in here. Guess my fan will be going on soon. Already have my capris rolled up over my knees and short sleeve shirt on.

Our computers came on around 4:35 yesterday. What a wasted day. Brian leaned back in his chair and started snoring and snorting yesterday afternoon. That was lovely. I slammed around doing Steve's filing.

Thanks for 'splaining about the cars, Scot. I'm glad you understand me, lol. Congrats on getting the suv for your daughter!

Allan R.... thanks for the tip on the idling of the Intrigue. I've never even seen the engine in the car, under that cover it has on it lol. I guess if Larry gets some free time he can look at it. I think the car still wants that stupid air pump thing it wanted about 3 years ago too, and I wasn't paying $450 to have one put on it. I told Nicole to take it to Autozone and have the computer read and see what codes come up. The poor old car.... Sorry for the confusion - I was also asking about my sister's 84 Delta - all the dash lights are off except for the radio.

Mike... keep that cut clean!! Hope it's ok.

Larry and I went to a township meeting last night. They had a probate court judge there talking about 'survivorship' deeds and different things you can do to avoid the estate going to Probate court when a spouse dies. It was really interesting. We're going to look into getting one of those deeds. He was a really nice guy and we found out a lot. Larry is going to call him today and set up an appointment to meet with him and talk about the shop building and the 2 houses and see what we should do.

Well you all have a good day!!
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:29 AM
NOVICE car nut

Morning ...

Everyone is sick here , which gives the kids a license to whine more then usual .... I hope work is easy on me today , last night was a killer ! The new rental forklift we have has so many sensors on it that it takes five minutes just to start the damn thing , but does that sucka move ! . Me and the boss were looking at an online site for guuns , and they have this double barrel 45 cal piistol ..... You would have to have a big hand to wrap it around that grip ! It looks like the weekend should be nice , so I will probably be sandblasting .... Yay

Mike - What's awful house ? .... Church ? lol

Jamesbo - Sorry about your bud

Scot - You forgot to add a couple more things to the list .... Like an onboard GPS tracking device , and a governor so the car can't go over 25MPH .... jk .... That's good that you're driving it around and making adjustments to make sure everything is proper . I know my wifes car needs an alignment . I'm getting some wear on the outside of the front passenger side tire I'm going to rotate the tires , and take the car in for the alignment soon .

Clint - Join the club , my hands are always messed up ! I never go for stitches either . I just use some duct tape , but Neosporin or Hydrogen Peroxide is a must !

Well , I think I'm going to take a nap today before I go to work .... Unless I keep chugging this coffee down like I am ! See yall later .

Oh .... I met a guy in the hardware store yesterday that was pretty knowledgable about Oldsmobiles , or at least compared to me he was . He told me he just scrapped two 68 CS ragtops that had good parts on them ??? I can't understand why anyone would do that .

Last edited by oldsguybry; October 16th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Always room for one more

Bryan thanks for the laugh. No, Awful house is a little restaurant choke and puke really called Waffle House. There are two at every exit and a few more in each town. It's the southern version of Cheers, where everybody knows your name.

I'd say the knowledgeable Oldsmobile guy was pulling your leg. Anyone with cars like that knows not to scrap good parts. Or he's not as knowledgeable as you think.

Okay! WAFFLE house is out of the way and so is Walmart. Got the rest of the day to myself. The dogs have been in a funk lately so I think a nice afternoon of playing is just what they need. It wouldn't hurt me, either.
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM

Bryan, Here's a link show'in how many Awful houses are in which states

http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...ons-state.html

De musta stoped jes south of ya'll cause "yous guys" no comprende "Grits"

I saw anuuter link dat had nearlly twice as many in Gawga as de above link. It's kinda hard to tell cause de open up a new one all de time.

FWIW, Mike lives there until he wants a pizza.Den he travels 80+ miles from where he lives. [and probably past 600 pizza joints] to get de pizza he likes de best.
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Evening all.

What a great day. It was sunny and 70 all day long. I worked out in the back yard and the dogs helped. Talked with my Mom for a little while as well.

I have to say that whenever pizza is concerned it begins and ends with Aurelio's. I've been going there since I was knee high to a jackrabbit and can't believe my good fortune that there is now one 10 hours closer than before. Now, as far as I'm concerned bad pizza is good pizza, but given the choice I'll take Aurelio's any time I can.

I was in the back of my closet today and found a couple of Oldsmobile Tshirts I forgot I had. One is maroon with gold -Oldsmobile- script on it and the other is light blue with aqua -Cutlass- in 70 script. I can't wear them anymore so if anyone here wants them I'll send them to you before I'd do anything else with them. They are in good shape and started out as XL. I don't know what size they are now but I'm bigger than that and they've probably shrunk in the laundry(ya, that's it). I'd call them medium plus. I got a whole box full of shirts that are going to Goodwill I'd hate for these to be in there(I know, that sounds mean).

The hand is a little better this evening. I put on a latex glove on the hurt paw and then work gloves when I was in the back yard. It feels fine until I flex the hand then it hurts. It's my left hand so I write and do most things with it. Very tricky sometimes.

Gonna stay up late tonight so I can sleep in. Work tomorrow night. I'm actually looking forward to it since I need to do a couple G-jobs. Think I'll work in the office a little.

Okay! The dogs want their snack early so everyone have a great night and be ready for Hump Day tomorrow.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Here I is, what day isit? Kinda lost track of time today but it was a great day.

I decided that this would be the best place to post my 10,000 thread amongst my mawnin friends - kinda like a family thang!

Mike - aww shucks, I didn't even see the question about the lights. No worries I'm sure Sandy got them fixed?

Jamesbo - baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh baaaahhhhhhhh, or whutver noise gotes make. Ifn yer gonna play like a goat ya mays well sound like one! Quack quack quaak, ducks like splishy course too I hears.

Bryan - Sounds like you need a road trip to Gawja! Can't go more than 3 miles without running into an Awful house I hear. More of em than dunkin donuts.

Sandy - You and Larry planning on doing a will? That is a very smart move that most people procrastinate about till it's too late.

Scot - cleaning the headlights?? Next you'll need to see if the fuel gage works for the next week.....hee hee hee

Clint - Pull - a - parts? Honestly. Now THIS is a pull a part. You won't cut your fingees on it neither although they will get purty sticky till ya lick em clean

Sorry, no recipe. But what you can also add is some cream cheese icing. Yummmmm

aaannnnnnddd - POST 10K
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM

10,002 posts! holy crap gabby! Heard form a co worker today, he has a daughter who posted to her facebook page that...The Wizard of OZ, is a chick flick, because it has two women fighting over a pair of shoes!
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:55 AM
CQR

Happy Humpday all.
Not sure, but we may be in Kansas now. That was some wind. I have several trees that are leafless now.

Its a good thing I paid that homeless guy to rake leaves yesterday at the shop.

Happy 10K Allan. I just noticed I'm over 20K on the Suzuki site I belong to.

Boght a new machine for the shop. It's a scanner, scope, meter, computer, all in a cart with wireless and a flatscreen tv. Now I have to figure out how to use it.

Be safe!
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chili dis mawn'in.

Yesterday, I was a busy as a cat cover'in up,

Mike, Whatever dat stuff de pour on dew grill is, I ain't eat'in it NO MO. I'm stick'in wit grits, poached egg and sausage. I'm swear'in off scattered, covered, and smothered.

Sandy, You and Larry are smart to plan things. I'm a big beleiver in gett'in you will, livi'in will and health directive in order. Mine says don't give me anything sept water and vodka.

Not sure 'bout suvivorshi deeds. I thought property from one spose to anutter when one goes home to glory was not taxable.

Now, I'm not gonna get poltical ere but it occurred to me de utter day dat all the debates do is give TV talk'in heads more to discuss and cuss. It's kinda like pre/post game round ups.

Blah, blah, blah...............ere's what is/maybe/could happen...........

event............. [followed by]

blah, blah,blah, ere's what we saw, think/ looked like/happened.

Welp, Happy hump'in today Olds friends.
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Beautiful morning here. 49 degrees and sunny. The air just smells so good with the leaves smell, ya know? Very pretty outside. Heading to around 72 later today.

I'm taking Teepo out to Defer tonight for her oil change. Figure I better do it now while it's nice out in case we just get slammed with bad weather and I have to put her away. Never know this time of year around here. I hate to drive her after dark, but I have no choice tonight. I could have used one of my free oil change coupons, but Defer knows her, lol.

Nicole took the Intrigue to Autozone yesterday and had the computer read. It was showing the Throttle Sensor. Seems to me Defer already replaced that once, I brought my receipts in to look through this morning. I'll talk to them about it tonight. Autozone wants $33.00 for the sensor, she said.

Mike...... I want the shirts!!!! Please?? Pm me......

Jamesbo.... I had a will made way back in 1994 when I was a single mom. I'm sure it's no good now, with all that has changed. I went through so much crap when mom died - I had to have the nice young banker come to the house, with mom on her deathbed, she couldn't even open her eyes, and I had to hold her hand with the pen in it, so she could sign a form that gave me access to her checking account that had $400.00 in it. Otherwise that money would have sat in the account forever. I tried to talk mom into doing that way before she got so bad, but it's like that was the last thing she had that kept her independent or something, and she wouldn't do it.

That was hard. Very hard. People don't understand how hard it is on family. Just a simple thing like putting me on her checking account would have saved me so much heartache. Larry and I already did the "transfer on death" forms on our bank accounts so we can access each others, should something happen to one of us. It will save some grief, for sure. We want to do these deeds so everything doesn't get hung up in Probate Court for months and months and cost a lot of money. We also need to leave the houses and such to someone else, should both of us die together like in a car accident or something. If no one is named, it all goes to court....

I can't stress how important it is to get things in order!!! No one likes to think or talk about dying, but it has to be done.

I think the debates were kind of a tie last night.... I don't know that if I were undecided, if either one of them would have swayed me. I already know who I'm voting for.....

Well you all have a great humpday!!
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Humpday Mawnin All

Well I've got the Xterra as ready as it will get. Polished the dull headlights, flushed the coolant, changed oil, put new tires on and it needed and alignment too so that was done. I think the better half wants to keep it another week She has driven it more than I have and I've done all the work on it She even drove it to work this mawnin Last night I figured out how to put it into 4 wd low and I don't believe it has ever been used The V6 that is in it is very sluggish but in 4 wd low it has pretty decent torque. Kinda make me wanna go muddin in it before the daughter commandeers it.

Bryan she has a GPS or should I say had a GPS But it is not a bad idea with all of the meanness that is rampant nowadays

Mike it looks like the GA State Fair is coming your way at the (Hampton) Atlanta Motor Speedway Oct 26th - Nov 4th. http://www.macon.com/2012/10/16/2215...rganizers.html

Yall have a great hump day
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:05 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning .....

For me , not so much ! I am going to give my wife some of the tax money when it comes back , so she can get her own place .... or she can move into her dads house if her moms not there , one or the other . I just can't stand this " Double Standard " crap anymore ! That's all i'm going to say on this situation . Moving on .... My throat is killing me today . I feel bad for my son , because he was complaining that he didn't want to go to school a few days ago because he was sick , and we didn't believe him . He's always crying wolf , so when something does happen , no one believes him . I took a half day of vacation and left work early last night , because there was nothing to do , so I actually got some sleep for once . I'm going to spend my whole morning cleaning this place up , and putting everything back where it belongs . Hopefully it stays this way for a while this time ....

Sandy - That part should be the TPS ( Throttle Positioning Sensor ) . It's a breeze to replace . You will find it on the Throttle Body . It consists of two screws and a wire .... Just make sure you put that little pin sticking out behind the adjustment lever on the TPS when or if you install this ..... $33 sounds about right for the sensor as far as the cost goes .

Jamesbo - X2 on the will thing . I don't have one , and really need to get one just in case . Although I really don't have anything but still . I'm also glad that I was at work for part of the debate at least , so I wouldn't have to listen to it .

Mike - Thanks for the Awful house explanation , and ummm we umm agree with you on the shirt shrinkage thing .

Clint - Can I send my wife down there to rake leaves for you , because she's gonna be homeless soon also .

Allan - Happy Happy Happy 10,000 ! I'm sure glad we are talking about posts !

Well , gonna take another cough drop , and start cleaning and sorting .... Have a good day .
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM

Brian,

Do you know why Divorce is so expensive?

BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Humpy

Hey, y'all... 'nudder nice day here in the swamps, 'tho not as nice as yesterday. I'm forcing myself to go out for lunch just to breathe the fresh air for a while.
Hope the hand keeps improving, Mike.
Clint, my 170k mi. Camry has had the little "engine" light on for a cupla months... I thought sure it was the gas cap; bought a new Toyota cap almost a month ago and it ain't done nuttin. Car runs like a top.... absolutely no difference in running now from before. I was thinking I should invest in a little code reader; but I'm not sure I'd want to do whatever it would tell me after I found out. I guess I'll just bring it to the dealer. Such a PITA. The car has a replacement Toyota engine in it ($9,000 worth) since '07. Long story on how that happened for another thread.
It's been at least about 50k miles since last plug change (4 cyl). I'm sure it could use new ones, but it sure ain't missin' or anything, and I get around 30 mpg at a steady 75 mph... hard to believe anything's really wrong with it.
But we'll see.
Originally Posted by CQR
Boght a new machine for the shop. It's a scanner, scope, meter, computer, all in a cart with wireless and a flatscreen tv. Now I have to figure out how to use it.
Sandy, I'm always skeptical of folks who say at this late date they don't know who they're votin' for.... Don't want to get political... and won't... but is anybody REALLY undecided at this point? Just sayin'....

Scott, glad the XTerra is soundin' good... ours was 2 WD w/ limited slip. We got a steal on it 'cause we were in Traverse City, MI, and nobody up there wants a 2WD... so we got it for invoice even though it was a brand new model.

Bryan, real sorry to hear of your plight, both physical and marital. Hope things improve quick for you.

Allan - Ditto on that 10,000 . I'll certainly not live long enough to do that, w/ my 3-4 week. Congrats

Y'all have a great humpity-hump, oldsmofolks.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 17th, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
CQR

John most of the discount parts stores (autozone, O'Rileys, etc.) will pull codes at no charge. Let me know what code it is and I'll give you my 2 cents worth.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

.......You will find it on the Throttle Body

Sooooo... since I'm not a bit familiar with the engine in the Intrigue, where is the throttle body, and what does it look like, lol??
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.......You will find it on the Throttle Body

Sooooo... since I'm not a bit familiar with the engine in the Intrigue, where is the throttle body, and what does it look like, lol??
Follow the plastic air filter housing .... It leads right to the throttle body . I will put a pic of my Buick set up on here later to give you an idea .
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM
NOVICE car nut

The first two pics are of the Throttle body , and the last pic is of the TPS itself .... Sorry the last one is kind of blurry , and I hope this helps ....

Edit .... as of matter of fact , the first pic gives a clear image of the TPS itself . It's the one with the orange wire plug .
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Another beautiful day here. But it's not 70, outside or inside. I guess I'll have to start thinking about getting the heat going pretty soon.

Bryan too bad about your wife. Maybe some time away will bring her to her senses. Don't give her too much money or she might take a vacation and think that's what life is really like.

I thought Intrigues were port injection?

Thanks John, the hand is quite better today. Feels a little crackly if I flex it too much, but a definite improvement.

Allan 10,000 posts. You're as much as the Joe fellow. You should get a little gold star next to your name or something.

Scot the Xterra sounds mighty popular. Reminds me of a Christmas present I got when I was a kid. It was called Verti-bird and it was a helicopter that would fly around in circles picking things up. I think everyone in the house got to play with it before I did.

Jamesbo you might think you can resist the hashbrowns but eventually you will be back. You can have them steamed and they don't put the oil on them then. A little pepper and they taste about the same. If that Lomelt crap is the worst stuff you run into in life, I'd say you're doing pretty good.

I had a will made out, at the insistence of my mother, the first time I flew somewhere on an airplane. I guess she expected the plane to crash. Nice. Anyway that was in the 80s and I've moved several times since then, and I have no idea where the attorney's office is anymore. I used to have a copy, haven't seen that lately, either. I don't think copies are worth much these days.

Well I guess I'll do something productive this afternoon until it's time to get ready for work. Wednesday already....
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Captain Starfire

A-ok

You got a deal, my friend....

Originally Posted by CQR
John most of the discount parts stores (autozone, O'Rileys, etc.) will pull codes at no charge. Let me know what code it is and I'll give you my 2 cents worth.
p.s.: When I stopped by the Toyota dealership a few Saturdays ago to buy my gas cap, the guy told me they'd have to charge me $96 to diagnose it (read my codes). He started off on this big speil about all the info it tells me... bla, bla, bla... real sales pitch. I might have actually done it on the spot, but I'd have had to bring it back on Monday, and a snowball would have had a better chance in Hades than that happening.

Really, if I had one wish, I wish it would quit drinking antifreeze, especially the $24/gal. Toyota pink kind you can't get anywhere else. Unfortunately, it has drunk the stuff to the tune of about 3-4 oz/week (I guess not all that much for about 600 miles) since that replacement engine was put in; I guess it must be leaking into a cylinder while running, as there's never a trace or smell of coolant outside or inside the car. And it doesn't smoke when I start it (or ever). I have a pressure tester I think I could adapt to the Toyo radiator filler (I bought it to use on my pre-Katrina Buick), but I guess I'd rather bi+c# and moan and keep buying the liquid gold.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 17th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:28 AM
CQR

Allan R
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thank you Bryan! That engine looks a little different than the Intrigues - the washer bottle on the Intrigue is way down under the passengers side fender, lol. I can't tell if that's the washer bottle there on the right in that 3rd pic, or what it is. Well it looks simple enough anyhow. I'm lookin for an orange plug in thingy, lol. I'm sure Larry can figure it out. Thank you for the pics.

Where's Ken when ya need him? He has an Intrigue..... Intriguing....... Allan R - you associate with Ken; where's he been? Is he ok?? It's been a long time since he's been on here.

Mike.... I don't know what 'port' injection means?? It has injectors. I've never seen what's under that silver cover on the engine. I've never had it off.
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Always room for one more

Port injection is an injector behind each intake valve, and throttle body is the injector on top of the engine like a carburetor. Like Bryan's picture. It's still gonna have all the sensors but not in the same place.

Scot you cracked me up replying to that guy about Olds not having a COPO office. Duh!

Right on Clint.

I haven't gotten jack done today. Eh, I don't usually think I will on the first day back.
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:22 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Glad you enjoyed that almost as much as I did. COPO is just that a Corporate Office Production Order, although Oldsmobile didn't use the term it still was the same principal regardless. Any car that was special ordered had to get approval through certain avenues in the Corporate Office. And in my case the GM of Oldsmobile okayed the build of my car for my Grandfather and guess where the GM of Oldsmobile's office was
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:20 AM
CQR

Morning all.

I used to charge $70 for pulling codes and diagnosing a MIL. But now in this summer of recovery v3.0, I give the customer an option. I will pull codes for free, but if they want the correct diagnosis, It'll cost them $70. The Verus that I just bought with the full cart and printer was just under $12k. So I do need to make a coupla bucks. It's really hard seeing all these people hurting worse and worse. I hope things turn around soon.

I always wondered what COPO meant. We have a Camaro that shows up to the Supercruise on occasion.

Well, Need to get a broken bolt out of the Bellhousing on the tranny I just built for My Hoopdee. Have a great day all.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:21 AM

Mawn'in all

Not de full blown cow/flat rock but a little drizzle dis mawn'in.

Ok gang let's keep de techno stuff off dis thread. We need mo recipes and less injectors.

Des new cars are a PITA. De Super model new Trailblazer caught a rock in de windshield. Zo, I call de local yokle glass company to see 'bout gett'in a new windshied.

Dem, " Does the car have a rain sensor?"

Me, "WTF is a rain sensor?"

So now, I know dares a thingy in de windshield dat let's morons know how much it's rain'in an adjust de speed of de wipers. Wonder if it's got a "Cow on a flat rock" settt'in?

Life used to be so simple.

De utter day, I saw a girl wear'in a t-shirt dat said "Guess" So I said,
" Implants" She slapped de fool outa me.

Mike, Dares a comercial fer sum kinda pain releiver dat's on de TV alot. Dis guy is werk'in on a jet in a hanger. I think of you every time I see it. All dis guys does all day is walk up steps as fer as I can figer out.

John, De got a reader at de golf course and everytime Donny [Don442]tells me what it says, I still don't know WTF is wrong. Jes say'in.

Gueess I'm gett'in old er sum'in.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

We didn't get so much rain on the southside. A little bit of lightning around 4 I think, but just some drizzle after that. I heard parts of Alabama got hammered.

Jamesbo I haven't seen that commercial. Sounds like a few people I work with.

I'm not a fan of those readers, either. I used to have this dwell meter that hooked up to the coil or the distributor, it's been so long I don't even remember, and then I'd adjust a screw inside a little window in the distributor until I got the desired numbers. That's the closest I've ever gotten to a reader. Not everyone can troubleshoot so I guess that's where those things come in.

Work wasn't bad last night, but we finished around 5 and then sat around for three hours doing nothing. Glad the car knows its own way home.

The sun is out now, just in time for me to hit the sack. Hope everyone has a good day. Hope the dogs let me sleep.
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Jamesbo that is funny as heck about the Guess shirt I guess you were wrong So hard to tell nowadays with all of the extras they put in chicken now Steroids and hormones, I always say it must be the Tyson chicken.

Mike with todays cars you just about have to major in computer technology and minor in auto mechanics to werk on cars. I have a simple little OBD2 reader that tells me certain codes that are stored as faults and such but is not much help.

Clint that machine will pay the rent and then some as long as you are competitive with the dealerships and have the clientele. Maybe you could advertise the same services that they perform at a much more affordable rate. Remember "Service With A Smile" Dealerships remind me of the Gubment, they take what they want and tax the $#!* out of what's left

Yall have a great Thursday
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy here this morning, no rain yet, temps in the high 50's. It is real windy again. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning - pinks and blues. I opened the bedroom window and enjoyed the breeze coming in while I was getting dressed this morning. It smelled so nice. It's 78 degrees in here!!!! Just turned on my fan, I can't take it any longer. Not like it's cooling it off any, but at least it's circulating the hot air......

Clay is coughing and hacking this morning and is all stuffed up. So is Steve. Steve has been coughing and plugged up since we got back from NY in early September! Maybe if they wouldn't sit in front of the heaters and get their immune systems built up some, they wouldn't get so many colds. I dunno. Steve hardly ever gets sick, which is good for his age. He's 63. So now I gotta be spraying and wiping things down with my Lysol wipes. I brought extra Vitamin C in to take.....

Took Teepo out to Defer and had her oil changed last night. I hate driving her after dark with all the idiots out there that insist on being on the back bumper while on their cell phones! It makes me crazy!!! But we made it safely there and home again. I showed the guys her pic in Cruisin Times. They love her out there.

Nicole came by last evening before I went to Defer and I looked under the hood in the Intrigue... I think I saw that Throttle sensor. Still would like to have a pic of an Intrigue engine so I know for sure.

Jamesbo..... a rain sensor? Really?? Good Lord. And we wonder why the new generations of kids are like they are..... No one learns anything anymore! It's all done for you. I hate the friggin low tire sensor thing on Tincanio - I sure don't want something telling me when I need my wipers on and what speed they should be on, duh! Just something else to go wrong and need fixed. Where will it end? One day we'll just get in the car, push a button, and the damned thing will drive itself to the destination, lol.

Well you all have a great day.
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:42 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning ....

I had an interesting night at work yesterday .... The Fed Ex guy decided to park his semi trailer a foot from the dock , chocked his wheels , and then he flipped the dock plate lip up over the edge of the truck trailer bed like usual .... I had four 1000 lb top heavy units we build there to load onto the truck , to which I use a pallet jack to clear the insulation and the door on the trailer . Once I got the load on the edge of the trailer bed I then get the forklift to scoot the load the rest of the way onto the trailer . That's when all hell broke loose ! The driver also did not set the air brakes right , and the second the weight of the forklift wheels hit the trailer it sank considerably making the dock plate lip loose contact with the bed of the trailer . Now the forklift was hanging procariously by a thread .... The only thing holding the dock plate lip up at this point was the very edge of the tail light assembly on the trailer on one side only ! I carefully shut the forklift off setting the automated parking brake , and got the heck off of it ! .... Whew !!! This could of been disasterous !!! If the wheels of the trailer went up over the chock then the forklift could of possibly fell to the concrete along with the top heavy load on top of it with me in between ! Fortunately nothing was damaged . I had to call our safety guy out to the plant , and we got the forks up off the bed enough to fit a pallet jack in the other side of the load , and pulled it the rest of the way on the trailer . Then we tried to back the forklift out of the hanging position , but the wheels just spun ... so then we tried to go forward so we could slide a plate under the forklift to get it out , and the dock plate lip let loose and folded down the rest of the way , leaving a big void behind the wheels ! In fear of the trailer rolling over the chock , we just left it there until Fed Ex came back with a rig , and pushed the trailer the rest of the way up agaisnt the dock ... at the same time this also forced the forklift wheels onto the trailer the rest of the way so we could put a plate under it in order to get the forklift off of the truck ! .... I'm sure they will give me some forklift training now when I get into work ( required ) They may also send me to pee in a cup at the Awful Clinic ! ( That was just for you Mike ) I'm going to have some coffee now .... I'll be back ! ( Too much typing for me )
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Captain Starfire

Holy wiper blades, Batman....

Yeah, we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Hi-tech is here to stay. And we keep gobbling it up as fast as we can, as they ram even more down our gullets.

Clint, I didn't make it to The Pep or The Zone yesterday, but it's on my hot list. Thanks for standin' by. I can sure understand the mechanic's need to recoup some of the big bucks they lay out for those analyzers. But at Toyota, I know I'd be spendin' $500-1000 minimum for them to fix whatever they tell me; so that seems a little "dealer-like" to me. It would be another thing to get the diagnosis and fly. Maybe that's an hour labor? I don't know.

Mike, I didn't want to say this, but I figger you're a good enough tech guy to have a little laugh... I thought of you when I heard about all those seats fallin' outa' da' American planes a few weeks back. I hate when that happens !!

Mild rain on way in to work this morning; but it's supposed to clear up. I left the kitties on the screen porch today with lotsa' food and water and multiple litter boxes, so I hope they'll be OK...

Y'all have a good Thursday....
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Thursday,
Nice day here.
Took Graeme to college, picked up my buddy Jack and went curling. It's a little different than Scot describes. Anyhoo it was a great time although the ice was a little heavy.

No parts from ILT, so I'm going to cook a turkey breast for supper. That with some roast tatoes, carrots should be good. Joanne's working so she'll have some when she gets home.

Going out to play in the garage on my car that doesn't have rain sensing wipers or TPS, IAC etc.

Have to be a little more careful. I've been coughing and hacking from... breathing silica dust from the blaster. Even though I wear a breather mask it doesn't help.

1 more day and it's supposed to snow. Oh yay!

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:44 PM

WTF is "Heavy ice"

BTW that dust will give ya silica poison'in and kill ya. [Not to mention end a GREAT thread]
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Captain Starfire

Allan, Allan....

Allan, I have a "Nanny" speech all prepared for ya'

Please do your research on silicosis, COPD, emplysema, and bronchitis before you do any more media or sand blasting with just a filter... it's practically suicide.

Tell me if you want Part II ... the Nanny speech ... the part where I tell ya' about the nursing homes I worked in, and the agony that (some not-too-old) patients with COPD went thru before kicking the can eventually....

Sorry to get morbid and nanny-ish here.... Just please check it out, my friend....
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Allan R
Have to be a little more careful. I've been coughing and hacking from... breathing silica dust from the blaster. Even though I wear a breather mask it doesn't help.
Watch yourself ! They outlawed Silica sand here . I used it a few times myself . Supposedly it causes cancer .