The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawning y'all,

Happy Thanksgiving Paul, Tony, Adam, Wolfie and any other fellow Canucks who visit this page. My Mrs. has to work today so we're doing the gobble gobble thing later in the week. On the + side she gets good wages for working a stat holiday.

The toes and foot are feeling better, thanks for the thoughts. Minor bruising. Another 20/20 hindsight life lesson learned. I know it won't be the last, but trying hard not to have stuff like this happen regularly.

Jamesbo - I ax them, Dats how. no biggie, but I duzzen no dem all, jess a lot. Wassat? Colon cleaner??? Cha makes me laff. Beddr not pull my fingr ur I might shart.

Scot - Did I get you into trouble with that berfday thing? Or are you rabbit like in nature?

Paul - We're also cold here. This next week is forecast for ugleee (_now & overnight low of -7). Supposed to warm up to 14 on the weekend. Hope my parts are here by then. I'm also working on the Cutlass. Got a new painting technique that's working out really nice on the differential. Have to finish blasting the control arms, paint and install bushings. Yay! I love doing bushings.

Clint - Sorry pardner! We're °C up here and sometimes I just forget to do the math converting to °F. Right now it's 3°C so that would be .....ummm 37°F. We've had several mornings already waking up to frost all over everything. Our -7 is the same as your 20. Still either way you slice it, it's not t shirt weather. Nice pie BTW! Waiting to see if you post the truth about how it tastes..

John - sounds like your bad temp days on the bayou are better than our best days up here..

Mike - whattaya mean no one else missed you? That's crazy talk! Course we missed you. Just didn't want to rush you out of the Awful House.

Sandy - That's why I don't have a battery mouse or keyboard. Give it to your cat to play with.

Bryan - even when you retire it's not a holiday every day. I think people get the wrong impression about the lifestyle of the retired. Up here the school boards are looking at changing the school year holidays. Seems that some study claims there's too much memory loss over 2 months of 'non activity'. So they want to start changing to a month in the summer and a month in the winter. Interesting.

Got to go buy some gas for the garage heater. Need it a bit warmer than it is right now. I'm going to be like Paul and keep everyone guessing how the differential turns out till it's actually painted and got it's lid pinned on. Right now though its a black and white issue for me
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM

Morning all, another muggy day here Hard to get motivated to do work on days like this but I'll get there

Allan, what is the most power you can have hooked up at your house in Canada? 240v? 415v?

I couldn't resell the car and brake even, I paid too much for the condition of it. Oh well lesson learnt, trust no one, look yourself then you know what your getting.

That is why we bought another classic car Sandy, so we never loose it in the car park We can't stand all the new cars over here, they are all the same and I'm not paying 50K to get something "flash"

Jamesbo I will have to try your Fried Green Maters when I get a chance, never had them before.

Enjoy your day off Paul, they are few and far between for most of us

Clint that pie looks good, pity it wouldn't last in the mail to get it here so I can try some

Welcome Bryan, always good to have a new face.

Well I have procrastinated enough for this morning, time to get working on the old girl. Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Adrian - our power codes here allow me to have 220. That's more than enough to run that new compressor.
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Allan R

Scot - sorry bud, you know how I sometimes get mixed up dealing with all the women in our lives. Ok - so NEXT Saturday pass along my best ok? Just hope she doesn't think I'm a stalker with all this attention I'm giving her!
That's quite understandable since I do have a rather large fambly for this day and time. You know these teenagers all love the extra attention
Originally Posted by CQR

Scot, I been doin sum 'rithmatic, and seeing as how you average one burpday per week I'm gonna say you and the missus have been plenty busy the past few centuries you two must be keeping Betty Crocker in business!
Scot - Did I get you into trouble with that berfday thing? Or are you rabbit like in nature?
You have to be good at sumphin Somehow I was too good since I didn't get any boys

Mike the GA National Fair goes on until Sunday the 14th, so there's plenty of time to come down and see what the hubbub is all about

http://www.georgianationalfair.com/
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:03 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Nope, didn't have time to try the pie last night. Got home, did chores, made a quick dinner for the missus and off to bed we went. It was like grand central station this morning. The wife was up at 1:30, the kid was up at 2:45 so I figured wth and got up at 3:50.

Adrian, I'm not sure this pie could be shipped to the end of the street with my mail carrier. I think they have the same concern as Scots old boss.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all the Northerners.

Mike, Glad to have you back. I thought that is what you said about that key. Thats why it would be such a dilemma had the door become somehow locked.

Allan, Stay warm up there, and be careful with them space heaters, make sure you have a good air supply.

Sandy, shame on you. This guy is spinning in his urn with the thought of you referring it to 'plain old silver'

You just need something to make it 'pop'!

Have a great day all.
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:01 AM
NOVICE car nut

Adrian - our power codes here allow me to have 220. That's more than enough to run that new compressor.
The drives we build at my work that go to Canada , are usually 600 volts , and here in the states they are 220 or 480 . I woulder why that is .

Clint - That picture scares me !

Only got about 3 hrs of sleep this morning so far . I keep waking up with severe leg cramps .

I got all my tomatoes stacked in boxes wrapped in newspaper yesterday . they're hiding in the back bathroom with my fender

I have to go back to sleep eventually after I drop the kids off at school , but I usually dont .

Last edited by oldsguybry; October 9th, 2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:29 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear but a might chili dis mawn'in.

Pllayed pretty good yesterday 42/43 Whar de heck is Pat to congratulate me?

Clint, You're gonna think I'm crazy [or crazier] but he put on the best show I've ever seen.

Mike, I missed ya too.

Adrian, Dat sucketh 'bout de 'new" car. Want me to send Uncle Louie down thar to fix his legs?

John, How bout de Dirty birds. Ain't dat sum'em?

Sandy, Ya been read'in Allan's thread? I hate to say it but his rear is prettier dan yours.

Brian, You're a new comer so jes ta let cha know. Mark your calendar, The car show season is over in Ohio and now begins the long dark days of whin'in 'bout Ohio winter weather. It happens dis time every year.

Scot, I bet you're like me. My grand parents might a used a little pepper an my parents might a used an occasional dash of Tabasco. When did everyone in dsi country become so obsessed with burn'in their tongues out wit hot stuff. Mexican,Thai etc?

Welp, Gota a busy day, Enjoy your Tuesday Olds friends.
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another cold frosty morning here. Temp is 34 degrees. Sun is out and we're supposed to get to around 60. Man I miss the hot dry summer everyone bitch*d about.

I didn't do much last night. Was gonna go to the Riverfront, but didn't. It was supposed to be the last cruise in over there, unless Don decided to extend it. This Thursday is the last Bellacino's. I'm looking forward to the car show in Twinsburg on Saturday. Hope the weather is nice.

Well Nicole took Charlie to the recruiter place yesterday and he is off to NC for his basic training. She was all scared and lonely last night and actually TALKED to me on the phone, lol!! This is the first she's been by herself - ever - so she's aprehensive, which I can understand. I told her she'll get in a routine and she'll enjoy it. He's supposed to be paying the rent and utilities on that house while he's away. She said he got it all taken care of. I hope so!! I guess he'll be back for a week around Christmas.

Clint.... Liberace(sp?) My mom loved him, lol. I can't help it..... seems like we have more silver vehicles around here than anything else. I love color!! These silver ones all look the same.

Adrian... glad you stopped by! Send me some of that mugginess, lol.

Scot.... That's a beautiful pic! Wish I could come down and attend. Our fairs and such are only in the summer.

Bryan... That leg cramp crap sucks!! Some nights I get that crawly feeling in my legs and I get up and walk awhile. Makes for a long night.... They say if you eat a teaspoon of yellow mustard, it makes the cramps go away. Larry has tried it and said it worked. They also showed a thing on the news this summer about ball teams giving it to their players for leg cramps. I don't know..... it would be hard for me to eat a spoon of mustard, I think.

Clay is back today so it's not as quiet in here. No phone calls as of yet though.

I forgot I have pics I have to put on from last week at Bellacino's. Better get them over to Photobucket...

Have a great day!
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....Brian, You're a new comer so jes ta let cha know. Mark your calendar, The car show season is over in Ohio and now begins the long dark days of whin'in 'bout Ohio winter weather. It happens dis time every year.

Jamesbo.... you make me laugh!!! I got a few more car shows yet... At least I don't have to whine about not having a driveway to the back garage this year!! Give me some credit, lol.

Bryan... you've been duly warned. When I have to put Teepo away I get really bummed out. I do hate the dark and the cold and snow.... you'll see, lol.

I posted Bellacino pics in the Gen Disc. forum. Go look!!
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:07 AM

Sandy, Here, ere's sum credit
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!!!!
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM
NOVICE car nut

Ha Ha . Don't feel bad , I don't like winter much either Sandy

Thanks for the warning Jamesbo

Been watching Counting Cars lately before bed , and maybe they could paint the Liberace silver cape with all the glitter and stuff on one of their restorations .

Gotta head to ma's to get some junk ( not mine ) out of her garage so she can park in it before the crazy neighbor decides to mess with her car or something . I don't need to go to jail !
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Captain Starfire

hey, y'all....

Seems like a Monday today, since we were off for Columbus Day. What a gift!

I finally got a brake tag or two yesterday -- one was overdue by almost a year . After hearing all the horror stories about Gawja (and other states') auto inspection and tagging, I had to smirk a bit getting my "inspection sticker" yesterday. It's pretty much of a joke. I drive up to the gas station and the guy tells me that there's an optional 2-year tag now; you just pay double the normal 1-year price.... What a no-brainer! So I plops down $20 and he gives me on a sticker good thru 10/14.

It was a brisk 48* this mornin' on the plantation... downright bracing! And you're right, Allan --> our "bad" temp days are prolly like your best up in the great white north.... all activity down here pretty much stops when the mercury dips below 20*, or with more than a trace of the white stuff on the ground.

Jamesbo, those Dir-Tee-Birds seem like the real deal this season.... we play y'all twice within 3 calendar weeks in November... I keep hoping that your prophecy will come true.... Thank goodness the boys in black & gold made a good showing on nat'l TV Sunday nite. They played their hearts out, even with the mistakes.... so at least the monkey of no wins is off our backs. They seem to be improving a little each week; if they could get the defense shored up, they might be able to have a 500 season.

How about that Colston? And the Johnny Unitas story was pretty cool, w/ his son in the crowd, etc., and Sean Peyton, Mickey Loomis, and Joe Vitt watching from the boxes. What great background stories for a nationally televised game.... and even a pink Dome....

I watched Concert for Bangladesh on YouTube last nite... hadn't seen it in about 10 years. Boy, for the fan of the Beatles & early 70s rock, it's pretty awesome. (What a fogie I am )

Have a great Tuesday, Oldsmopeeps.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sandy, Ya been read'in Allan's thread? I hate to say it but his rear is prettier dan yours.

Brian, You're a new comer so jes ta let cha know. Mark your calendar, The car show season is over in Ohio and now begins the long dark days of whin'in 'bout Ohio winter weather. It happens dis time every year.
So dat's where dat comment came from...Ha ha ha ha on the car shows thingy; love it. BTW Jamesbo sens noone els seems ta wanna sayit? Good Job on yer whack whitey rounds! Proud o ya, son!

Clint - What's up with the wakin before the chickens routine?? You guys must go to bed around 6:00pm. Only used to do stuff like that when I was working the midnight shift. Hmmm, maybe Mikey can shed some light on this. I usually crack the garage window about an inch when I'm using the 'space heater'

Mike - Can you? ^^^ Ooops, sorry didn't mean to wake ya up!

Sandy - what kind of cheese you want me to send ya to go with the whine?

Bryan - have fun cleaning your Mom's garage. Make enough room for storing your CS.

John - That's hysterical about the brake inspection tag. We don't have that up here. Locally it's just called infrastructure taxes...

Scot - Still praying for a successful resolution to round 2 for you! Only girls huh? Lucky you - that means you get to keep a loaded shotgun handy for bout 18 years! Trust all is well with your daughter and the Insurance thing. Didn't see anything more about it.

Anyone know if Pat, Ken, Adam or Paul fell off the planet?
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM
NOVICE car nut

Clint - What's up with the wakin before the chickens routine?? You guys must go to bed around 6:00pm. Only used to do stuff like that when I was working the midnight shift.

Bryan - have fun cleaning your Mom's garage. Make enough room for storing your CS.
How does this stack up for waking up with the chickens .... I go to bed around 2:30 or 3:00 and today because of the leg deal , I was up at 6:00

I'll have to post a pic on the HEATED parking garage I park in . Much better then my moms 1 car UNHEATED garage
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Always room for one more

Mornin' everyone, almost afternoon!

Just got back from the Tuesday Awful house. Ran a few errands, got my lottery tickets, now I'm gonna go mow.

As far as the odd sleeping schedule for midnights, I go to sleep when I get home in the morning, sleep as much as I can, then get up around 430ish and do whatever until I leave the house at 830. Been doing that for years. Might be time for a change. These dogs just aren't getting the message that I need to sleep. Plus I'm starting to really despise my department, so I'm looking around. I'd love to go work in Savannah. I'd be as big as a house because I'd eat at Paula Deen's every day.

Sandy I didn't see the post of the pictures. I'll look again. It's sad when the car shows end for the year.

Summit was pretty good last night. Not many cars but they were all really nice. A guy there had an old Straight 8 Buick and his wife had a Nomad. The Nomad wouldn't start and the Buick couldn't jump it as it's a 6volt system. We found some cables but no one would offer to jump the Nomad off, so I went to get the Fiat and it got the Nomad going just fine. Shame on those other guys for standing there not helping.

Finally got my license plates for the black truck. The place I got it only drug their feet for 90 days. They called in the afternoon(Friday) of the day my temp expired and said, okay you're all set! How nice. That's what I get for buying a car from one of those crappy BuyHerePayHere places. Which of course I couldn't do.

Okay this is my last day off have to make it count. Have a good day everyone.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike, what the heck does DUKW mean?
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Always room for one more

D=1942
U=Utility(amphibious) body
K=Powered front wheels (as in a K10 truck)
W=Two powered rear axles

This is one of those big 6-by floating trucks, aka Duck. They have them for rides in Boston, Chicago, and of course the famous Wisconsin Ducks.

I've had this guy for years. Never done a thing with it, and most likely never will. But it's all original and no one is going to cut it up for tour duty. One of these days I'll do something with it.

Mine is actually a '45. 1942 is when they were designed, by a yacht designer of all people.
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

You should sell it to those guys on the Duck Call show. You know? Them long bearded Robertsons? They'd probably go googoo for a truck like that! Specially Sy. Get a lifetime supply of duck calls.....and frog legs or stuff.
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Always room for one more

Hm never heard of it. I'm not a violent man, but get a DUKWfull of those toy duck noisers going and it makes me crazy.

I tried buying another one a couple years ago, but the seller ended up selling it to someone else. I wasn't happy about that. A bunch of excuses that turned out to be unfounded. I had the same thing happen when I tried to buy a wagon from someone on this site. Eh, can't win'em all I guess.
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hi Mike! I must not have it the submit button. I went and put the pics back on, lol.
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
D=1942
U=Utility(amphibious) body
K=Powered front wheels (as in a K10 truck)
W=Two powered rear axles

This is one of those big 6-by floating trucks, aka Duck. They have them for rides in Boston, Chicago, and of course the famous Wisconsin Ducks.

I've had this guy for years. Never done a thing with it, and most likely never will. But it's all original and no one is going to cut it up for tour duty. One of these days I'll do something with it.

Mine is actually a '45. 1942 is when they were designed, by a yacht designer of all people.
I've been on one of those Ducks tons of times , but that would be because we go to the dells every year . I would love to have one of those babys
Old October 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day here, almost hit 70 and was sunny. Got my mowing finished and a little work done on the pontoon.

Bryan I haven't been to the Dells since I was a kid. I'd love to go again. Might be a plan for next summer. I almost didn't buy my DUKW because of what a big project it is, but at the time there were no others available, and I had to have one NOW. Over the years I've come across probably less than a half dozen that I would have bought.

At one point this afternoon the dogs were outside, and luckily I had the screen door closed, here comes my girl with a squirrel in her mouth. I wish I would have seen her catch it. That's two she's gotten. She didn't want to drop it. I guess it was her new toy and no one else could have it. Well needless to say the squirrel stayed outside and eventually became a flying squirrel into the woods, on the other side of the fence.

Sandy those are some nice pictures, as usual. That guy is going to have trouble selling his Corvair with that weird paint job. Loved the 67 in the first picture.

So tonight I need to stay up, so I can sleep in, and not be a zombie at work tomorrow night. I tried to order a pizza earlier but after their initial putting me on hold, never came back. So I guess I'll come up with something else. I think I'll watch a movie later. I haven't seen Christine or Duel for awhile.

Hope everyone has a good evening and a happy hump day tomorrow.
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I don't know why I'm up so late.

De cow has arrived and it's been flat rock for the last 4 hours. Supposed to stay that way all night and tomorrow. Drat! Not good for the mawnin commute either with temps falling down close to freezing.

Sleep tight Olds peeps!
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in sez

Clear an chili a-gain dis mawn'in

Any of you fellas wanta know how ole Sandy is? Her burfday popped up on my FB calander.

I got 2 pair of Gokey boots an 2 pair of loafers dat are older dan she is.

Happy Hump'in today Olds friends
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:36 AM
CQR

Good Morning all.

Allan, Keep dry. Good thing the project is in the garage? I'd like to sleep in once in a while, but the dang donkey needs fed at 05hunnert or she starts hollerin. But hey, you know hat they say, 'You can sleep when yer ded'

Mike, People just don't seem to want to help out their fellow man anymore. I just dont get it. Had a rough day yesterday. Seemed all the people that came into the shop were in way worse shape than they even knew. I don't like to see those people in that kinda perdicament. And unfortunately waiting till next payday isn't gonna be much help to them.

Sandy, I gotta go look at those pics after I'm done here. You sure do have a beautiful little girl. I hope she ends up with someone that will treat her right and do well by her.

Jamesbo, I remember seeing him on TV as a young kid. He sure was a flashy performer. Most my age don't even know who he is. I guess I'm kinda weird like that. Jack Benny, Milton Berle, Paladin, Kolchak Adam 12. All things that most of my peers look at me funny if I mention them.

Bryan, I hope you get more Z's than me. My daughter so thoughtfully pointed out that the bags under my eyes look to have more capacity than the trunk of the 442.

John. These inspections are only for one thing. SHOW ME THE MONEY!

You all will be happy to know that that Green Mater Pie is Delicious! She really outdid herself. As good, if not better than apple pie. I have the recipe if anyone is interested.

Well, Bowling league is tonight. We lost 3 last week but are still holding on to 1st place. Mom should be back tonight, so that should help. Her and I have both overblown our averages, so we have to keep with it and see if we can lower them slowly and still win the games.

Have a great Wednesday all.
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Not as chilly this morning - temps around 45 degrees and it just started to rain. It's not supposed to last all day though. It's a hot 76 in here already. Clay and Steve have their heaters blasting...... My fan will go on shortly.

Don't know if the Chick Fil A cruise in is over yet or not? It may be rained out tonight if it's still going. Tomorrow will be nice for Bellacino's last cruise in. Almost whinin' time Jamesbo.... (at least about that, lol!)

I spent last evening in the garage bonding with Teepo. She hadn't been cleaned for a few weeks so I stayed out until 8ish cleaning her. I hate this getting dark so early. I can't stay in the house and just sit. I start falling asleep. I sit all day. I'm about out of things to do outside though, and it really sucks!!

So...... my Fusick's Chinesium "correct" radiator cap that I've had on Teepo since 2010 is rusting like crazy inside of it!!! I checked the coolant last night, and the inside of that cap is rusty and corroded like crazy. I rinsed it off good and wiped it. Lots of pieces of crap came off of it. I guess I better be ordering another one. Thought I'd get a little longer use out of it. I don't like it!!!

I sent an e-mail to Portage Trim last week; they do interiors. They're very expensive from what I've heard, but they do an excellent job. Anyhow.... I want to get at least Teepos front seat recovered this winter, as it is wearing thin on the back of the drivers side and you can see the foam now where it's worn open. I emailed them 2 pics of the seat.

They emailed me back and said they would need a sample of the seat cloth to see if it was still available. Now... where am I going to get a sample of the cloth? I'm not gonna cut a hunk of it out of one of the seats? What if they can't get it anymore and I'm left with a piece of cloth missing out of one of the seats, lol. So I don't know what to do. I looked on Legendary's website, and they do not show the green brocade cloth with the vinyl that goes around. Any suggestions where I might find this material?????

Thank you for the compliment on Nicole, Clint. She takes after her mom, lol! I too wish she'd find someone and settle down. She's still all scared since Charlie left. I texted her a million times last evening, lol.

Jamesbo..... my birthday isn't until the 25th. Why'd it show up so soon?? And for anyone that's interested, I'm a gonna be 54. Man, that's getting up there, lol! I swear I aged 20 years in June though....... I've earned every one of those years....

When I got up yesterday morning, I stumbled right into the big square wood thing on the footboard of the bed frame! Talk about hurt!!!!!! It put a big knot on the side of my thigh like you wouldn't believe. It's an ugly purple this morning, and still real sore and knotted. The older I get, the slower things seem to take to heal, lol.

Guess that's it for now. You all have a great humpday!

Last edited by cutlassgal; October 10th, 2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Old age setting in...... :D
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:59 AM
NOVICE car nut

I don't know why I'm up so late.

De cow has arrived and it's been flat rock for the last 4 hours. Supposed to stay that way all night and tomorrow. Drat! Not good for the mawnin commute either with temps falling down close to freezing.

Sleep tight Olds peeps!
Good morning , well I managed to get a few more hours of sleep compared to yesterday , but I'm gonna have to take a nap before work .

Up late Allan ? It only says 8:45 P.M. on your post

I'll have to come back , my kid wants to go on the computer

Coffee is brewing , and my gut is a hurtin ..... Not sure what i've been eating lately , but I almost got thrown out of work yesterday lol .... Sorry maybe I should of not shared that one with you's .

Speaking of work .... I can't seem to catch a break . I need the extra money , but I've been working 9 or 10 hours a day , and with my job it seems like 14 hours !

Gotta love these morning drivers on the road . There is always someone trying to bypass everyone to be first in line in the construction zone . Apparently they don't know I have a 3800 in my Buick . I now have a name for that car " Tha Sleepa "

Am I complaining to much ? lol

I gotta head to the hobby shop to get some small parts for my kids HO scale train set , and get some wood for the doll house I'm gonna build for my daughter ..... Enjoy your day everyone .

Last edited by oldsguybry; October 10th, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Hump....

Allan, shoot da' cow.... make some ribeyes.

Scot, sure wish I could be near Perry this weekend... Maybe when we retire (there's a flicker of a light at the end of the tunnel at this point) we will be able to make some stops like that. We've been to the N. GA Mt. Fair in Hiawassee... lotsa' fun there.

Clint, If you were alive in the 60s -- no matter how old -- you remember Liberace. I hope he laughed all the way to the cemetary, the same way he did to the bank.

Just as a little example of how much he was a part of our culture back then, we used to go to the big N.O. amusement park when I was a kid ("Pontchartrain Beach," which happens to be the exact site where where I currently work -- it closed in '83 or '84). There was a "High striker" gizmo there -- one of those things where you hit the pad with the mallet to try and drive the puck up to ring the bell. The lowest rating on the scale said "Liberace"

And yeah, you're 100% right about the inspections... the station owner and I were joking about it when I went. The 2-year used to be only for new cars; but they let anybody get it now. I guess the joke's on us
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:10 AM

John, My friend, I'm older and wiser zo let me tell ya sum'in. Dat lite at de end of de tunnel is an on com'in train.
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Man, dat hurt
Wif' friends like you, who needs enemas?

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, My friend, I'm older and wiser zo let me tell ya sum'in. Dat lite at de end of de tunnel is an on com'in train.
Seriously, we been goin' to the money guy once a month for a year now and I think we can do it sooner rather than later....

"Here comes the sun... do do do do...."
Old October 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Clear and cool here, feels great I love this time of year

Sandy get SMS auto fabric to send you your stuff for your seats. First go to their website and put your info in and request samples of everything you want. They will send you samples free and what they sent to me was spot on for the replacement of my Supreme's interior. Then after you make sure the material is correct, then order the stuff you need from them.

Their website
http://smsautofabrics.com/

The request samples page
http://smsautofabrics.com/request-samples.php

Jamesbo I like spicy stuff occasionally but not too Hot. I will eat jalapenos on certain stuff but only the ones that are in pepper sauce and are not too hot to eat. I don't care to be burnt twice We had a guy when I worked at the A/C place that would eat habaneros like he was eating grapes He was a pepper freak and everything he ate had to be hotter than a three dollar pistol. Well it caught up to him and he had stomach problems like ulcers and such that slowed him down not too long ago.

Well yall have a happy humpday
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Great sleeping this morning. Hit the sack around 2am and barring a couple times the dogs got me up, slept until 1230. I should be wide-eyed and bushy tailed for work tonight. Okay maybe not.

Beautiful day here, almost 70. Same as yesterday. Won't get much done today since work is tonight, but it's nice to participate in a nice day anyway.

Sandy did I miss some pictures you posted or are they on the Facebook that Jamesbo keeps talking about? I've seen pictures of Nicole before, she's very pretty. I hope she'll be okay in her not desirable neighborhood.

I remember Liberace. Talent doesn't come close to describing what he had. I had an 8track tape of his when I was a kid. No there was nothing wrong with me.

Clint I know where you're coming from. I don't remember a lot of stuff first hand, but I watched a lot of the same stuff my parents did, and my Mom still watches the old stuff. For example, I haven't run across many people my age that have seen Lucy in The Long Long Trailer.

Allan what time zone are you in? Your last post says 1245am on my screen. If'n you're on the coast, that would be 945pm. That's not late, that's dinnertime on the weekend.

Think I'll get ready for the day and run a couple errands. Hope the day is going well for everyone.
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thank you Scot!! I'd be lost without ya! I will check out the site in a couple minutes. I"m like you..... I don't eat much hot stuff. No hellapenos at all for me, lol. Nicole and Larry like the hot stuff.

Mike.... I've posted some pics of Nicole on this thread I think, at the Ravenna Moose show this summer. She posts a lot of pics of herself on facebook, lol. I don't know which pics Clint saw? My time for Allan R's post is the same as yours, 12:45.
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
CQR

Sandy. Nicoles posts show up on my screen when you reply to one of her photos on FB.
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Really? That's interesting. I haven't got a clue how that stuff works, lol. I'm sooo lame at this tecnologic stuff...

Scot... I went to that website and ordered some samples!! I sure hope they have what I need. Will they make a new seatcover or do they just sell the material? I didn't read their whole site.
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM

What's Nicole's lat name. I need sum mo hotchicks to stalk on FB
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy they sell you the material to take to a competent upholsterer to work their magic on. But you won't find the exact match from Legendary, Year One or OPGI. It's close but no cigar. Those aforementioned do sell seat "covers" but the type, style and color of the original is not the same. And in most cases do not fit well and will need altering. I do suggest talking to the upholsterer before purchasing any material and let them tell you how much material to buy and whether or not they can perform the task at hand.
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Late to the party, but happy humpday to everyone. Prolly over for most of you by the time you read this. Had a lot of fun at curling today. My membership card didn't scan right (weird since it worked 2x before today) so they had to replace it. Prolly why we ended with a tie at 4.

Stopped in at the aluminum welding shop on the way back and picked up Jack's truck wheel. The shop that sold it to him (used) tried to cover up the crack in the wheel by putting black sealant over the inside. Didn't leak, but he found the crack when he was taking off the wheels in the spring. New replacement from the blue oval was 360.00 +tax. Tig welded and fixed right - 80.00. Good deal.

John - LOL! Just wish I could shoot the dang cow. Her good friend Frost showed up and it's been snowing pretty much all day. Fortunately it's still 33° or so and it's not sticking but it shore ain't Ponchatula. If it was all de gators would be froze solid. Liberace? Everyone knows who he was. The creator of the openly gay community before Elton John!

Clint - Thanks! I'll be breaking out the Coleman stove tomorrow. The garage is a tad on the cool side. Thermometer out there says 42°. Balmy compared to outside.

Sandy - that cloth interior of yours? I have the samples on the Olds ordering guide. If it's what I'm looking at in the book, it's Trim 42 - Green. Orleans Cloth trimmed with Moroceen Green naugahyde. I wish I could ship it to you but the sample is really small and glued to the book. Only thing I would suggest if you are going to really replace the interior? Take the cloth swatch from uner the head rest area, and then keep the headrest lowered to hide the scar? The material and pattern is really lovely and feels almost 'silky' with the grain.

Mike - I'm mountain standard, so that was 10:45. I don't usually stay up that late. I know, that's what time you prolly have your first coffee break.

Jamesbo - yo akshully foller FB?? mazing. good goin - ya got her ta spill de date an age witout liftin a fingee. Parteee at the teepo graj in coupla weeks???

Scot - hot n spicy food also keeps de colon clean. NOTHIN will live there when it knows the red hot express is bearing down! Sorry, couldn't help dat!

Here's a pic of de local wedder for youse that need a reminder what's comin
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Geez Allan, Christmas lights already? Let me guess, they stay up there all year because it's a pain putting them up and taking them down. The snow does not look inviting. I hope we don't get any this year.

Well I did something today I've never done before in my life. Cooked a frozen pizza. I have had frozen pizza before, just never cooked one myself. I gotta say it wasn't terrific. Of course coming from the land of the best pizza ever nothing is going to compare. But it was what was available to me when I decided I needed pizza immediately.

Scot and Sandy is the material for your seats the same as it was for 70? The material GM used on the seats during the late 60s/early 70s I think is about the best ever. I don't think there is any material left in my 70.

Time to start getting ready for work. Going to clean up in the kitchen, watch Seinfeld, go out with the dogs, leave for the airport.

Hope everyone has a good evening.