The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:03 PM

I can make a mean Muffaletta But it's toooooo frigg'in cold up thar.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Turned out to be an overcast and somewhat dreary day. Started out sunny. No rain though and that suits me just fine.

So I called the tag office, the credit union, and the place I got my black truck, in that order. No one had any idea where my info is, and my salesman who assured me it was all finished and I'd have it last week, said it would be ready for me Friday afternoon. Oddly enough that's when my temporary license plate expires. I'm not holding my breath.

So I got some housecleaning done today. That seems to be all I get done these days. I did get my tire put on the Saturn.

Tomorrow is an extra day off! It's my long week and Saturday was all taken, so what the heck, might as well have an extra day this weekend. It's supposed to be nice so I'll say I'm going to get a lot done and hope for one or two things.

Hm. Think I'll call my Mom and talk with her a little while. Hope everyone has a good evening and a plan for Hump day.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM

Dang, that looks pretty damn good! Ship me a dozen.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda froggy out dare dis mawn'in

Mike, I gotta go to de tag office too. De keep mov'in de dang things around so much, I can't figger out whar it's at [in the vernacular]

De Super model has had the Trailblazer 'bout 2 weeks, needs a headlight, cracked a windshield, no tag and no Ga. cruise card.

Dat means ever time she goes thru de toll and doesn't have 50 cents, It's $25 frigg'in bucks

She's gett'in right costly.

I wish I'd listened to my Pappy, " If it flies, floats or fornicates......... you're better off rent'in it"

So, I needs to change de 710 in my pick'em up, find de location de jour od de tag office, get a new head light an set up and appointment wit the glass company to replace de windshield.

Sum times, I think I married dis kids sister
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:20 AM
CQR

Mornin all,

Well another long night without much sleep. I think its the season changes. Seems to always happen this time of year.

John, A new couple came to town and opened a place that supposedly serves nawlins style food. I haven't been there yet. They've only been open a couple weeks. I'll give it a shat and get back wit chu.

Not much new.

Have a great humpday all.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy Humpday

A little cloudy here, but otherwise nice.

Sandy I still haven't heard anything on either case yet.

Jamesbo it sounds like you have your day planned out already That sammitch look scrumptious

Allan I don't think I can make either of the next two races Still got to work out the bugs in the coupe and the 13th is yet another one of my girl's berfday

Clint that is a great pic I must have skimmed right over it before
Old October 3rd, 2012, 06:46 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Sunny, cool, and most importantly not raining. I slept pretty good last night and have a full day planned. Every time I get something done I'll come here and post about it. Eh, you probably won't hear much from me today!

My buddy talked me into getting some polishing stuff called White Diamond. I guess it is tops for cleaning and shining aluminum and other metals. What he didn't tell me was a teeny bottle cost 15 bucks. I'm going to use it on the Suburban's wheels. They could use a good cleaning.

I'm planning the rest of my year traveling wise. Some time this month I'm supposed to go to Denver to visit my best friend. Then over Thanksgiving I'm going to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run. You know they call it the Turkey Run now, wonder why they dropped Rod? Maybe because there's more regular cars than rods. Then for Christmas I'll be at my Mom's in Pensacola. Might pop down to see her some time before then.

Okay! Gotta get this train out of the station. Hope everyone has a great hump day.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late Morning All!

Sunny and a few clouds this morning, but it's in the high 60's right now. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be nice..... I heard the "S" word mentioned possibly over the weekend.

I had to go to the heart doc this morning. I've been feeling some kind of an arrythmia for the last 10 days and I figured I better let him know. He says it's just what they call PVC's - premature heartbeats. Completely harmless. He could give me medicine but he'd rather not if I can live with it. I said I'd rather not take something else, so as long as they're not gonna kill me, I'll live with them. They should go away eventually. I used to get them years and years ago.

So I got in here at 10. It was only 76 degrees - Brian finally got hot and turned the AC back on. Steve has his heater running though. It actually got up to 82 yesterday afternoon before I left. I thought I was gonna die. Now tell me that's healthy and I'll call ya a liar, lol!!! No reason in the world for it to be so friggin hot and stuffy. It was 73 outside!!! These guys are just crazy, I swear. Today I have on a nice light summer skort and thin top.

Sooooo.... Not to start a rumor, but I was looking on my facebook page, and it looks like Adrian and Tink may be expecting more than a car?????? I may be wrong, but I think that was Tink in the pic I saw.....

Where the heck is Adrian anyhow????? We haven't heard from him for a long time.....

Well you all have a great day!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM

Mike, Ya gotta go to the Fish House and eat there grits a ya ya. and/or go to Joe Paddy's.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo what are you talking about? Where is Fish House? Do they make grits out of something other than sand and butter?

Hey just got my desk cleaned off.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM
CQR

So Adrian Really has been busy?
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Cutlass Lover

I think so.... I can't say for sure, though!!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawvellus middle of de week to ya!

Yeah, we got wind chill here! According to the weather guy it was -3 when I was watching the news. I love our weather.... it's so predictable. Too cold, too windy, too wet, or too hot. Never a middle of the road.

Going shortly to pick up my diff, then scoot out and pick up my new compressor! Yay!! My wallet will not have a penny left in it after today....

Jamesbo - changing out 710? You run synthetic or straight weight? Shouldn't take ya more than 15 minutes. All de neighbors that change their 710 all drop it off at my place and I recycle it for dem. BTW, rentin 'some tings' can getcha inta hot water too.

Sandy - rumor monger. Just send them an email and ask if she's been losing interest in exercise.

Scot - I think your daughter would rather have you at home with her celebrating her special day!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yup you are right my friend But if she is game........... Hmmmmm I'll have to throw that one out there
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM

Mike, The Fish House is in Pensacola,Fla Grits, smoked Gouda cheese, mushrooms, spinach, and of course cream and bacon. It'll make your mouth have an orgasm.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM

Cracked Windshield.

Call de glass company to ax fer a quote and schedule and appointment. First question is "Does ir have a rain sensor?" My response "WTF is a rain sensor?" Zo now I know.

Dis day has been a total waste.

Went to take my club back to the club fer storage.Close fer over seed'in

Call 'bout wife's windshield, Stuck on rain sensor question

Found de location de jour of de tag office. But don't have odometer reading nor proof of emissions inspection [This is why my truck and Burb are 2500 series, Ya don't need the emission sticker]

Went to get a plate of Ropa Veja at a Cuban joint. Close Walmart has bought out all the leases in the shopping center fer expansion

Did I say I hate new cars?
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Always room for one more

Hm, I'll have to check it out. I'll ask my niece if she's been there.

Okay got the gutters cleaned out. Now I gotta find something in my garage. You may not see me again.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo when I found out a 3/4 ton vehicle didn't need an emission test, I -almost- had the girl at the tag office convinced the Saturn was a 3/4 ton wagon. Someone overheard me and put the kybosh on my efforts. Rats.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM

Mike,

Ya know this Frigg'in state has gone CRAZY.

Next year you gota show an SS card an birth certificate to get your frigg'in Drivers license renewed.

I just had to renew my real-estate license [ I used to be a real-estate developer befo de crash] and I have to send in a notarized proof of citizenship from.

I mean WTF, I was BORN here and day don't know it.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
CQR

use guys is lucky.we have to have an emissions on all sizes. even the wifes big big trucks need to get up on the dyno, turn dare head and cough.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Cutlass Lover

I hate E-Check. It's not fair here in Ohio. Not all counties have the friggin place, which isn't right. Our county does. Teepo, thank God, is old enough not to have to be E-checked. They just plug something into the computer slot and check the gas tank cap seal on Tincanio and on Larry's truck. We don't have to get on the rollers anymore.... It's a waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned. My 85 Delta wouldn't pass E-check one year. I put a ton of money in her and still no go. So I titled it at a friend's address in a county without E-check! Bast*rds!!!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo don't get me started on the ills of the State. Of course, where I'm from we're all a bunch of crooks so who the heck knows.

I haven't seen my SS card in years, or my birth certificate. Just me standing in front of them breathing isn't enough? I wish they would simplify it and let me just show my passport.

I saw a 767 get an emission test once. They set up this thing that looked like a fat metal pole with holes in it about 200 feet behind the airplane and ran the engine until their computer said it was enough.

Still beautiful out. I'm running out of ambition to get stuff done, though I've actually gotten quite a bit done today. Might have to treat myself to Awful house for the good work I've done.

Hey anyone that's a 49-50 Chevy expert hop over to the thread I started asking what year the car in the picture is. I'm going crazy trying to figure it out. There's just not quite enough in the picture to tell, for me anyway.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM

Mike, What I know 'bout Chevies in de fifties I learned on grandma's lap. It looks jes like a 52 to me but wth do I know
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Gee, emissions sounds like a real can o' worms down there. We don't have it here in AB. Even it we did I'm sure our cars would pass with flying colors. Personally I'm all for safety checks. You would not believe the number of cars/trucks up here that shouldn't be on the road for various safety issues.

So when all the cars are electric or hybrid, how does that affect emissions? 0 emissions is good. I just read about a car that runs on air and produces water as a by product. Bet that will cause stir a ruckus with the environmentalists.

My bad, that sounds like it may be verging onto poli tickle stuff.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Allan don't worry, when there are no more cars for the environmentalists to yammer about, they will find something else. I don't know this for sure, but I think engines that run on LPG the byproduct is water.

Sandy it's only metropolitan areas that get the testing. What I think is really wrong is we have to pay for it in Georgia. Up home every car had to be tested down to the 67 model year. But it was free.

Well I think I'll run out to Walmart and get a few things. I might even take in the Awful house for a late night piece of chocolate pie. Hope everyone has a relaxing evening and a good back half of the week.
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Jamesbo yo have to show your birth certificate, ss card, two proofs of current address and a hula hoop to jump through to renew your license. From what the ma-in-law said she brought all of the above and it still wasn't enough to change her last name and address It is to insure illegal aliens don't get a license but really does it take a rocket scientist to deduce whether or not someone is an alien?
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
CQR

Good mornin all. The front blew in last evening. It's now winter. I guess it blew all the way from Montana. It was funny, I just got out of the shower and got ready to leave for bowling and I walked outside it smelled like the south end of your typical bovine. I thought maybe the livestock in the backyard had been eating too many Legumes, But when I got out of the truck at the alley, the fragrance was still present. So I'm not sure if all the cattle pharts in MT caused a pressure change or what...

Happy Thursday all, Stay warm. 34F here right now.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, De cow has left de building an it's gonna be a pretty day.

Mike, Glad to see ya made it back outa de garage.

If you go to Pensacola an eat at de Awful house you've lost your mind. Dat city has sum of de best eat'in place of anywhar in de world.

Ax your niece to take you to de "Coffee cup" fer breakfast. It's historic art deco diner downtown. Whar do the live North, West, ?East of de city? I know they don't live South cause dat's de Gulf of Mexico.

Scot, What's gonna happen is all the residence are gonna get sick and tired of do'in deep knee bends to get the drivers license renewed and say " To heck with it" and drive without a licenses and all de Amigos [who don't have insurance or a license] are jes go go on like de have fer years.

Gawga is famous fer it's knee jerk reactions. WE NEED TO PASS A NEW LAW QUICK.

Sumbody ran over a possum an dare gonna be an endangered species soon.

GTG take my blood pressure pill
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

No doubt Jamesbo on the pass the law quickly

Effective July 1, 2012

http://www.dds.ga.gov/secureid/index.aspx

No more renewals online either
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

A while back we talked about transferring titles from Florida to Georgia and I thought it was still a $500 transfer fee. Well we are actively searching for a replacement ride for the oldest daughter since her's was totaled. Anywho here in Houston County if you buy it from an individual out of state it is a flat $38 fee but if you buy it from a dealer then you pay all taxes, tag and title plus the advorlem tax for a birthday present depending on value
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a partly sunny morning here, temps in the high 50's heading to around 76 today. Then we get the cold front coming at us.

Clint..... That's friggin cold, already!! Amazing how one day can be in the 70's, next day in the 30's. Man I hate the cold.....

Pops is having a show at the Hartville Flea Market on Saturday. I was planning on going to it. That's about 40 miles away, close to where I was last weekend, lol. It's gonna be a cold day, so I don't know if Larry will go with me or not like he said he wanted to. He could always hang out inside the building, lol. I'm sure most people will be. I know I won't win anything at this show, I got 2 Pops trophies this summer, but this show is the last one for him for the season and it gets a ton of cars. Seems to me several newer cars got trophies when I was there before........

Well I was wrong..... No new surprises for Adrian, lol. I asked Tink and she said that was her friend in the picture I saw. You couldn't tell who it was because they were looking down. So no new additions for Adrian other than the car, lol. Soooooo.... I wonder when we are gonna hear from Adrian about this mystery car????

I didn't go to Chick Fil A last evening, though it would have been a nice night to be out. I had other things to do. I will go to Bellacino's tonight - it should be nice. Bellacino's last cruise is next Thursday, Riverfront's last cruise is next Monday. This is depressing as hell......... Yes Jamesbo.... I will be whining, lol.

Larry got the new circuit board he ordered for the furnace off of E-Bay, so he put it in last night, and it fired right up when he came down and turned the furnace on! The board cost $80.00 and it was brand new. Cheaper than getting one from the furnace place. So hopefully that was the problem and now the thing will fire up each time like it should!!

We watched the debates last night. Larry was surprised that I wanted to, lol, since I hate politics. I was pleased with the results........

Well you all have a great day!!
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:20 AM

What Debates?
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

The Presidential debate. The first one, lol. How'd you miss hearing about that Jamesbo??
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:56 AM

I don't do Movies, Malls or politics

[As in Walk-in pitcher shows,Drive ins are anutter matter ]
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I thought the debate was to turn the furnace on or not
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny Scot, lol!! Furnace is not on yet....... Jamesbo - I don't do politics either, but I wanted to see how this one was gonna go. I was pleased with what I saw..... Man it's a gorgeous day out here. The trees are really shedding the leaves already and the air just smells good.
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Captain Starfire

Don't mention it.

The two master-debaters were on for a 90-minute session....

I'm wit U on the results, Sandy... couldn't have been happier.
But we can't talk politics, so I'm looking to get a ticket....
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
What Debates?
Man, if I don't drive a couple cars and ride a motorcycle this weekend, I might as well sell them all.... wife is in Peoria, have extra day off, and weather's spoze-tuh be good....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 4th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM

I have been able to renew my plates/drivers'/state ID/watercraft etc. online for several years, I just got my renewal form for my 2013 license tabs and they added an "express" .com to it to make it easier. I just click on what I need to get done, and pay online, and in a week I have my new tabs....no ankle grabbing. Every 4-5 years we have to go to the Secretary of States office to show up in person for a new mug shot. If you have had a few traffic citations, then they will make you come in person every year until you start behaving yourself!
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:04 AM

Just poppin in to say hi
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:36 AM

My debate dis mawn'in was weather to wear socks er not.

When I went out fer a walk wit Red in de wet cold grass, De debate ended.