The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM

Good Evening All.

Great warm sunny day today, and I got to see it out my office window

Sandy, glad you found a spot. I look forward to all the pics you took.

Jamesbo, I don't know why anyone would want to redo perfectly good body work.

Mike, in my signature, there is a link to the project thread. I think it is up to 3 pages now.
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone!

Just got back from Summit. Bigger cruise in than last week; always a good time. The white 66 W30 was still in the window.

Saw a 74 442 "by Oldsmobile" this evening. Dark blue with thick stripes around the wheel wells, white interior. Sounded awesome when he started it. Actually it sounded like an Olds 350 with headers but it was nice! That was the only Olds there tonight.

Allan I know what Jamesbo is saying about just wanting to be rid of the 442. It's been such a long process and then the Bro-in-law dumping it on him half done, I'm sure he's just over it. Jamesbo what would you trade for it, a half-rusted Rampside maybe? How about half-eaten steak sandwich and a handful of screws? Okay the dogs won't let go of the sandwich.

There's a guy north of the city that said for 2K he'd put together a 67 4door Supreme with a running engine and good floors. Assuming the car actually resembles a 67 4door Supreme does this sound reasonable?

Tomorrow I'm taking the Fiat in for its first oil change. It has 5000 miles. The owners manual says change the oil every 8000. And the service guy says not to use synthetic oil, ever. It has some touchy sensor in there somewhere and if you get the oil wrong the engine shuts down. Sounds weird. After a few 8000 mile oil changes it will shut down from sludge. The new millenium disposable car.

OKAY gonna call a little girl I know up in bean town and talk to her for a little while. Hope everyone has a great evening and a better tomorrow.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm an wet an froggy dis mawn'in.

Scot, Dat grey 69 442's grill looks more like a 69 H/O dan a 442, Maybe it's jes de shadows.

Allen, Don't get Sandy started on Male models or she'll be post'in mo pics of sum new kid who plays Tarzan an wear Blue jeans. I never heared of the guy but Sandy is "hot to trot " fer him.

Dare's a member [sumwhar in Nebraska] who really should buy my car. His dad wants to make a 69 H/O clone cause he used to have one. IMHO, It's de perfect car for him. No holes whar de 442 emblems used to be, spoiler, 455 etc.

Unfortunately, he's recover'in from gett'in burn on an internet sale. We'll see.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

X2 on the warm and wet part ere, jus not froggy

hey we made it to pg 120

Good luck with your sale Jamesbo I hope everything works out for you. I'll have to go back to see what you mean about the grilles

I hope you snapped a few pics at Summit Mike I don't know about the '67 more doors value, but just what you described is only worth about maybe $1500 here

Well I've got some business to attend to this mawnin. TTFN
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and sunny here. Temps in the 50's now, headin towards the 70's. Quiet in here today. Sure was nice to duck out early yesterday.

......Allen, Don't get Sandy started on Male models or she'll be post'in mo pics of sum new kid who plays Tarzan an wear Blue jeans. I never heared of the guy but Sandy is "hot to trot " fer him.

Allan R... Jamesbo is talking about Josh Holloway, who played Sawyer on the TV show LOST. He does make my palms sweat, lol! Just has that bad boy thing going on, lol......

Haven't downloaded my pics yet, gotta do that, so they will be posted in a new thread when I get time.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 15th, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Morning All!
.. Jamesbo is talking about Josh Holloway, who played Sawyer on the TV show LOST. He does make my palms sweat, lol! Just has that bad boy thing going on, lol......
Morning right back at ya!! Well I get that you might feel all sweaty and cross eyed for a good looking hunk....Up till recently Victoria's Secret (was no secret BTW) was the go to source us guys. Gotta say, the women of today are 'starting young' and want to challenge a guys testosterone early in life
I really like this look. I would probably get sweaty hands too if she was sitting next to me. Hey you guys started it! :
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry Allan R... she doesn't do a thing for me, lol. It's hard being the only girl in the guys world..... there are always girl pics!

So it's absolutly gorgeous outside! I laid in my lounge chair at lunch time and didn't want to come back in. Around 78 degrees. Makes me be thinkin that I should go to a new cruise in tonight - it's the first night for it. Not that far from the house. I'd like to see who all shows up. Larry probably won't be happy if I go, lol. That would be every night but Friday that I'm gone! Works for me, though!! I gotta watch eatin the 'fast food' though, since I have no time to work out when I get home now. It's jump in the 72 and go!!!
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Sandy those are nice pictures, and it looks like a great place for a show. Nothing like that around here for me, Summit's cruise in is just in their parking lot.

Took the Fiat in for an oil change today. I was the only customer there and it took them an hour and a half. I think they had to refine the oil first. They washed it and gave me a little customer appreciation letter.

Paul I read through your build thread. I know it will be awesome when it's done. If I had to guess at what color the black and white photos are hiding, I'd say the same as that nifty air cleaner.

On the way home today I followed a 66 Cutlass into Walmart's parking lot. Aqua with a white painted roof, two door, aqua interior. No rust but some rust looking stuff on the deck lid, full deluxe wheel covers.

Beautiful, beautiful day here today. Not sure what I'll get done but who cares. I might drive up to Marietta and get some pizza.

Haven't heard from a few people in awhile. Udo, Adrian, I don't know what's up with Bulldog, Blue is still whooping it up from his birthday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy - yeah, Josh really doesn't do it for me either though.

Mike - I think I'll pass on buying a Fiat. If an oil change took an hour and a half, think of what a spark plug service will be. They'll have to manufacture each plug from the factory and ship it while you wait. Got a nice letter from them? Respond: Would be nicer to get 5 gallons of gas free for the wait!

Going to be nice here today - 80° but windier than crap. Going to pick up Graeme after school and head out to WEM to pick up his grad suit. He's really happy about getting it. Now he says he wants to wear suits to school for the rest of the year. LOL, Told him I'll have to rename him Barney (How I met Your Mother). He just smiled. My gosh, just the other day he was 4 years old and scooting around on his tricycle....sigh...

Watered the flowers and garden already, now it's time to weedwack and cut the grass. Tomorrow is trash day. Have to throw my neighbor in der! He's just nasty ugly trash all de time! Good news is that he will only be here for another 2 months before he moves.

Today for brekkie, I made some deeelishus stuff:
In a frypan combine and sautee
1 medium onjun diced
2 large biff hotdogs diced
margarine
Den, add 2 Hell a Peenyo peppers diced
5 large eggs and scramble dem all up.
Turn off heat and layer 4 slices of Havarti cheese over top
3 or 4 tablespoons of homemade salsa on top, garnish with a celery sprig
Put serving on plate, side of toast and tomato slice, cuppa coffee

Walla! Nice way to start de mawning. My Mrs. woudn't eat any of da hell a Peenyos. Apparently it gives her more heartburn than I do
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Smile Thanks, sandy!

I just wanted to hop on in here to thank Sandy, belatedly, for the beautiful and encouragingly note that you sent to my wife after her hip operation.

I brought her home on Friday. They told me not to try and take care of her, but I just dumb enough to do it! They said that she needed 24/7 care. I bought a baby monitor and have a young woman who comes for 3 hours in the morning to get the TW up and about. Home health care is sending a nurse and a therapist for 6 weeks. She is doing GREAT!

I'll get back on in here when she if further along in her recovery...

--Don
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Always room for one more

Oh Don that's terrific that she's doing so well, and now at home! I hope it continues.

Well you guys, I was right. I didn't get a thing done today. I did get to see my girl catch and chomp a groundsquirrel. Boy did that little guy make a bad face.

Allan the Fiat is actually an exceptional car. It has some quirks about it that I would change if I had the chance to reengineer it, but by and large it's an excellent car and I'd buy another one. Don't know what was up with the service today. I wasn't kidding. My car was the only one in the garage. The guy said they just don't break.

Sandy I hope you went to the new cruise tonight. If Larry still isn't talking to you because of dinner the other night, then he won't say anything about you going.

Gonna stay up really late tonight so I can sleep in tomorrow. Work tomorrow night and I don't want to be a zombie.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:23 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be a pretty one today.

Don, Dat's great news. I hope for a speedy and full recovery.

Allen, I luv to eat but your recipes give me indigestion jes read'in dem.

IMHO Cliantro is de worst tast'in stuff I ever put in my mouth.

Sandy, I think I told cha las time, but I looked ole Josh up an he was borned jes up de road in Freehome,Ga. It's jes a stones throw from ere.

Scot, I was talk'in 'bout de grills on dat 69 not have'in any silver on dem. The 69 H/O are solid black but de 442 has silver on de flat spots.[ I think] No Myabe it's on de lead'in edge. [I'm too lazy to go look]
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:19 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin, Mawnin Peeps

X2 on Jamesbro's weather frocast

Jamesbo lookin at the pic o the '69 it's hard to tell due to the poor quality of the ad. But looking at it makes me think it is the flat spots that are silver and the leading edges black Must be da kodachrome

Don that is some wonderful news about your TW I hope we get to hear more from you now that she's home. Take care my friend.

Welp I gots stuff to see and people to do or was it the other way round

Yall haver a wondermous Humpty Day
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:22 AM

Mike, How 'bout a trade fe an Amphiicar
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and cool here today. Only gonna be in the 60's. Cruisin at Chick-Fil-A tonight!

I ended up not going to that new cruise in last night. I started doing some other crap around the house, and then figured with all the detours and road construction around, it would be late when I got there. Larry wasn't home when I got home. He came home about 45 minutes later with some dirt for in the flower beds. I'll ask the DJ tonight how it was - if they had a lot of cars over there, and then I'll go next week. We'll see.

Well Brian was supposed to be in Indy today and the rest of the week, but he canceled the trip yesterday. I was soooo lookin forward to it, lol. It's already up to 76 in here. My fan is about to go on. Just need some circulating air!!!! It's very stuffy in here. Might as well not even have AC in here, as warm as they keep it. It was cooler outside yesterday than it was in here!

Don..... You're more than welcome! I'm so happy to hear your wife is home. Now don't you wear yourself out taking care of her!!! That's quite a job. I know from experience. Sometimes the caretaker needs to take it easy, lol. I"ll be happy to keep the cards coming if you want to give me your address. It always helps to know someone is thinking about you.

I have to call Akron General today about the bill I got. They billed me the $1328.00 for the MRI, but it's actually gone up to $1721.00!!! I'll be paying that off for the next 2 years.... But I met my $1500.00 deductible, so now United Healthcare pays 80% and I pay 20% of whatever else I might have to have done up to $3000 out of my pocket. Then they'll kick in 100%. So I have to call the hospital and tell them I'm waiting to get the 'correct' bill before I make arrangements to pay it. They did knock off $132 of this bill if it's paid by next week, lol. Big of them, huh? Knock the whole thing down to $800, and I"ll pay it off, lol.

Jamesbo... I like that sign, lol!

Where's Adrian?? Haven't seen him on facebook either.

Well you all have a good humpday!!
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:55 AM
CQR

Morning Everyone.

Don, glad to hear she's mending rapidly.

Sandy, Dang those medical bills.

Mike, I think Jamesbo's 69 is calling your name.

Have a great day.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot..... Get out your magic book, lol. God help me..... I have a question, lol!

Look at these pics from my power steering pics thread - What is that 'bar' thingy that's kind of under the manifold, across from the rag joint that has that shiny 'ball' thing showing? Is it a tie rod? I noticed the other day that I can see that 'shiny ball' thing there, that used to not show. If you look at the first pic I posted, you can see shiny. Then look at the pic I took of her old setup, and that 'shiny' thing is covered? Is this thing broke or what? Should I worry? How do I cover it back up? I never noticed it until they messed with that friggin gear box!!

Attachment 176447

Attachment 176448

Allan R............. I know it's dirty. I know stuff needs cleaned up.... nuff said!
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:36 AM
CQR

Sandy that is your left inner tie rod end. It's shiny because it is twisted into a slightly different position than the old pic. the boot rubbed it shiny. Looks ok. I suppose it could be in a bind with the outer end. but I would doubt it.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thank you Clint! So it's ok that it's uncovered? It won't get dirt in there or something? I don't know how these things work, lol. Is the 'boot' that dark thing that was covering it before, and can I move that 'boot' to cover it back up or no?
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Glorious day here today. So that's X3 to Jamesbo and Scot.

Jamesbo you don't know what a project is until you get a close up look at my Amphi. I saw somewhere a 69 442 in Trophy Blue. Nice looking car.

Think I'll take in Walmart today, and stop off at Radio Shack. Whoa I haven't been there in years. Got some bills to mail, so I'll just make a big round trip of it all.

The new International building at the airport opens up today. I wonder how many people have crashed into each other at the exit leaving the terminal. If the whole thing isn't a great big bad design I don't know what is. The building is crammed in amongst other buildings, and the road merges into the hangar and cargo traffic right in the middle. I don't know just how to explain it. I foresee bad traffic for eternity.

So! Everyone have a great day, and I'll check back a little later.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Mike, I heared de Amphi was an easy fix once ya got it turned over on it's back.

I went to de last Airport open'in back in 1980 [I think]

Wish I had a camera. I saw Sam Massell wit a tote bag over his shoulder headed down de escalator right next to de plaque of Maynard Jackson.

Duh, Like Jackson got all de credit fer de werk Massell started.

Matter of fact, I went to de one before dat [in de 60's] one when the mobile in the foyer was called "Hartsfield's Folly" cause he paid sum'in like $125,000 fer it. [Chump change in todays environment.]

And before dat, Dare was the origional terminal dat looked like a bus station. In the corner was a glassed in Dobb's House. When ya went up to de door, a black gentleman sitt'ing on a cotton bale pulled a rope and opened de door fer ya. I was jes a pup, but I bermember him cause he looked jes like Uncle Remus in "Song of de South"

Ever flown on a DC-3? whaaaaaaaaaaaaawhaaaaaaaaaaaawhaaaaaaaaa

I'd say Hotlanta has changed a mite in 60+ years.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Wednesday kind of afternoon to y'all! Y'know I think I'm kinda gettin the hang of some of dis lingo.... someone on another thread did the word POOOlice on me for usin 'prolly'. Jamesbo bailed me outta dat I think... Mike (the guy) would prolly have a seizure if he started reading these threads.

S'pose ta rain here tonight. Good think I got the lawn all cut and sprinkled with weed n feed. Any of you able to find that stuff anymore? It's been banned up here for the last 2 years! Good thing I had a supply. After this batch runs out I guess I hafta go green (no pun intended) and get some eco friendly weed killer.

Yesterday I picked up Graeme early from school so we could get him fitted for his grad suit. He looks great in that suit - it will be ready for pickup on Fri. Then it was off to shop for shirt/tie and belt. That was fun .

I'm really happy we have such a great relationship. He confides a lot in me asking for personal advice or questions about relationships that he's curious about. It's really nice that he trusts me that way. My Mrs feels left out sometimes because he seems to prefer confiding in me. I share some of it with her though to keep her in the loop. Just have to be careful about the absolute confidences.

Sandy - No worries. I'm hardly worried about the 'dirt'. It just reassures me that you aren't a total raving fanatic about keeping TPO like a trailer queen. The boot is made of rubber, and generally, no you can't just pull it around. Did you have an adjustment done to the steering alignment on the car? Usually that's when the sleeve between the inner/outer tie rods are loosened and the tie rod can be 'flexed' a bit so the boot covers the ball more. I replaced the complete steering linkages in my car last year - it was sooo much fun. Not to create more work for you, but here's something to think about. Most of TPO is 40 years old now. That's a major accomplishment in itself. The front stabilizer bar is held by a set of rubber bushings (under the front frame) and 2 sets of stabilizer link kits. This stuff can easily be changed without taking anything else off the car, and its really very little $$. (18 for the link kits and about 10 for the bushings). Putting new parts there also allows you to clean/paint the front sway bar. Overall it will improve the way the turning stability. My car has 120K on it and the front bushings were badly hardened and ovaled. Made cornering a little sloppy.

Clint - thanks for the help on the alignment. I'm going to leave it alone for now.

Jamesbo - coward! ya gots ta try dat der hotnspicy once in awhile.. Oh well, sounds like jes me has da cast iron tummy nuff ta handle it.

Don - glad your wife is on the mend. Being on a 24/7 call is going to wear you down a bit but from the sounds of it, you're the kind of trooper that made the vow for the long run. I'm kind of embarrassed to ask, what is "TW"?
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Not to change the subject from my uncovered tie rod, but look what I caught when I was out walking at lunch time!

The little quacker came running into one of the driveways out here - the little sucker was movin as fast as his little feet would carry him, lol! He stopped in a puddle in the middle of the parking lot, and of course here comes a car flying in like they do. It almost hit the little guy - he went rolling sideways. Then he ran under a parked car. I got him out from under there and he ran into the flower bed out here and I was finally able to catch him!

I brought him in the office and snapped a couple pics with my phone, put him in a little box and took him across the highway to an auto garage that has a pond. I don't know where his family is - I looked around where he came in at, but didn't hear or see any ducks. Maybe he's a little goose? I don't know, I think he's too little to be a baby goose, but what do I know, lol.

I hope he gets adopted by another duck family, lol. Now that he smells like human, maybe they won't want him. He sure was cute!!

Attachment 176446
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Sandy,

"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..............it's ususally a duck"

I don't think it's a gosling.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!!! It wasn't making any noise. It sure was shaking, though. Scared to death.

Allan R..... TW is 'trophy wife', lol! And yes, Don Sitts guys 'lined' Teepo up when I took her over when the steering wheel wasn't straight, remember?? A few weeks ago? So they must have messed with that tie rod thing. I don't like seeing shiny when it wasn't there before. I like everything as it was. I know she should have things done and replaced. She has 77,700 miles on her. I should have Defer replace all that stuff.

I get so frustrated when I go out and see all this stuff on her that needs done and I don't know how to do. I was looking last night at the greasy gunk stuff like underneath the engine in the back, and wondering how I could clean that up. I crawled under her, but there's no room for me to work. Wish I had a lift, lol. Wish I was a smart car guy and just knew what to do. Just venting!!
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM

If you were sitt'in at King Kong's Desk, you'd be shak'in too.

Sandy, You don't need a lift. Get cha self
1] A floor jack
2] a set of a Jack stands,
3]a Creeper

Everywhere like O'Riely's, Autozone, Pep Boys, Walmart has 'em.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy - get Larry to do the front sway bar. Just jack up the front end and put the jackstands under like Jamesbo said. Then take off the front wheels and you have all the room in the world to do that stuff.

Grime on the bottom of the engine? Who's going to look there but you? I might degrease mine, but that it NOT a high priority.

Too bad about the lil quacker. It prolly won't survive now that it lost its mom. Maybe take it to a local animal shelter?
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:57 AM

Allen, I disagree. It's not like ducks breast feed er sum'in.

I've raised ducks and CANADA Geese befo [didn't think I knew de correct name did cha] Just be sure and feed them sum protein an not jes corn. De need sum bugs fer breakfast.

Allen, jes in case ya haven't noticed YET Sandy tends to get a mite **** 'bout Teepo.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

I know, Jamesbo. Larry has those, but I'm scared to jack her up, lol. Nevermind... it's a girl thing. I've seen cars come down on my brothers back in the day and it still scares me. But you're right. I was thinkin last night that I'd ask Larry to jack her up this weekend and put the stands under her for me and I can crawl under there and work. I don't mind grease.....
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM

Just leave de floor jack under it when it's on jack stands,

Make sure it's in park, put on de emergency brake and chock de rear wheels.

Do it on level concrete.

Your brothers were probabbly using bricks or cinder blocks. Dares a safe way to do it and a stupid way to do it. Did they have engines hang'in from trees in West Virginia?
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo - dey don't? Silly things, I still breast feed.... an I is impressed you knows how to spell der names rightly! newya could...

Sandy - as long as they are properly locked in place you got no worries about that car dropping on you. To test whether the car is safely on it's jacks, you climbs on de hood and jumps up and down as hard as you can to see if ders eny movement.....

I don't mind grease either. I think Olivia Newton John looked sooo hot in those skin tights.....
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy, these pics will show you what to do. I had about 15 inches of clearance under the car doing this. You should have much more unless you're packing 45's up top

And you can see, yes, it was on a level surface. But put some cardboard down under you to insulate and catch the crud that falls off. When you're cleaning down there? Make sure you disconnect the battery to avoid jumping the starter, ok? There are a few places where you will get close to the starter wires. When you're done scraping, use some degreaser pump spray (like ZEP citrus) to clean and wipe the rest off. Then you can go crazy with taping and painting. Or do what Rob did - use the OLDS gold POR and paint it on. This would definitely be a 2-3 day job.
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... you make me laugh! That was in Ohio, lol. But yes, they do have engines hanging from trees in both states, lol. And correct on the cinder blocks.....

Allan R..... I just don't know what to say, lol!

Very clean under there, Allan R! I like that! Aren't you scared with the whole car sitting on stands?? What if you have to pry on something or somethin... won't the car move?? Maybe I'll do that to Teepo over the winter. But then, my newly painted rims would have to come off and go back on and if they get scratched or something, I'd go ballistic! Oh lord!!!! She has that quick disconnect on the battery that I always unscrew when I shut her off.

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 16th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM

John Ravolta -groan.
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Thanks Sandy - it could be cleaner. Hasn't been touched under there for over 25 years so it could use some freshening. Still need to put in a new gas tank and shocks, then I'm doing the rear axle - changing to a posi with either 3:08 or 3:23.

Now about being scared? No, I used to go caving all the time when I was younger and had to squeeze though holes in the rock much tighter and darker than that. If you start feeling heeby jeeby? just look to the side and it will go away fast.

The jackstands basically replace the tires so the load is distributed fairly evenly. And NO! Don't leave TPO like this over the winter. 2 reasons: a) the suspension is designed to have weight on it, not off it. b) If you have an emergency and need to get her out of there in a hurry (like a fire?) you'd be screwed. I always leave my battery in the car, but unhooked.
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

No, I'd never leave her like that over the whole winter. I meant just so I could do some stuff to her. If something were to happen, I'd only get about 3 feet out the door before she'd get stuck, lol. Of course hopefully Larry will put in that gravel driveway out to that garage this summer....... I had him talked into it earlier this spring.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Scot..... Get out your magic book, lol. God help me..... I have a question, lol!
Sandy sorry I didn't get to that for you sooner, but Clint answered your question to the tee and there should be no worries unless said inner tie rod end is either loose or the boot is damaged. but it is sort of a 1/2 ball and will swivel as needed in suspension travel and what have you. It doesn't look like there is a need for worries
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:52 PM

Alan, why you beez takin da weels off? I don't neva beez taken dem off so if da ca fallz it beez fallin on da weels an not me...jes wondrin.

Now I gotsta unsubcribez agin cuz jew fooz beez crazy postin on dis shiznit all day an it make my fone beez goin off all da timez...
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone!

Wonderful evening, and it's going to be a decent night to work outside. Imagine that.

Sandy you can reach down and twist that tie rod with your hand to get the rubber boot to cover the shiny part.

Scot ie the other thread, I was trying to embellish my agreeing with you that strange things could come from the factory that wouldn't show up in any literature. Didn't mean to pull the F word out on you. (Ford you guys)

Allan why does the car in your picture have a black roof and the car in your garage not have one? Which way are you going with it, on or off? Looks good either way.

(uh oh here's some more non-Olds content) When I get the V8 Corvair where I want it, I'm going to glue together several 12x12 layers of 3/4" plywood and put under the wheels, instead of leaving it up on jackstands. When I need to get a wheel off, I'll jack it up and take the plywood out. I never have liked just leaving a car on jackstands for very long. Yes I used to use cinder blocks back when I was younger, never had one split on me, though.

Jamesbo I read a book on the Atlanta airport once. This airport opened in 1980, the previous one, which was where the Renessance(sp?) is opened in 1960, the previous one in 1940, so you see we are overdue for a new airport. The city planners must be out to lunch or something. Don't know who Massell is but Maynard isn't known for getting anything done, just giving certain groups the contracts.

Well it's time for work. Day 1, or Night 1, is upon us. Got to get a lot done in my afternoons to get ready for my trip to Florida this weekend. Hope I make it.

Everyone have a great night and a great tomorrow.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well, the weather channel was finally right. It's raining. Not before I got the poke tenderloing grilled though. Mmmmm, mmmmmm, goood. Fresh offa dee grill it was exceptional - just add fried rice and fresh corn on de cob smothered in butter and salt.

Steve - you can talk normal here you know...Just was posting goofy on the buick cutlass thread to match the literacy of that kid selling it. I take the wheels of because.....ready for it......I like the sound my impact driver makes taking them off!. Besides it gives a fumble bum like me way more room to work with. You don't have to unsubscribe. Join the fracas; it's enlightening

Mike - WTH??? Someone must have stolen my vinyl roof!! Son of a gun. The car in my signature is not my car - just looks like what mine will be when the roof is installed. For the longest time I wasn't sure if I wanted vinyl, but over the past 2 years I made up my mind to install it. I have the reveal moldings and also the drip rail moldings that will make it pop even more. Sad to say I do not take my car out unless it's good weather, so there's about a 0% chance of rust under the vinyl for me. Kind of funny, you're the only one who's really noticed and asked. Good eye.