The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo hope ya has a grand ole time up ere wit de critters

Fleapay werks better with loads of pics and of course as many docs as possible. Especially the ones showing the amount of work done to this thing and any original ones you may have with it if any. Engine receipts? Undercarriage pics, engine bay, trunk, interior and so on and so forth. Not trying to tell you how to sell your car, just trying to help you get the most bang for the buck my friend It's only at about 1/3 of the $ IMO. Anywho good luck with it and hopefully someone will seriously want it bad enough to buy it off your hands.

Allan congrats again on your young man there Top 10 is AWESOME!!

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Scot,

I agree BUT de calls I get are what's drive me crazy. whilst I was at super a dude in Tyron called an said, 'I wanta run up there dur'in my break and look a de car"

Fer all y'all wh don't know war Tyron is. He better have a 6 hour break to come to my house an make de turn 'round.

We'll see
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hopefully dis cat knows what in tarnation he's lookin at and has the dough, he won't find a nicer one.
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:31 PM

Good Evening All.

A good day working on the Cutlass today. I cleaned and installed the front bumper. One less thing to do.

I wish I got 6 hour breaks.

Allan, congratulations again. I wish they had something like that competition around here.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

It was beautiful here today. Sunny and high 70's. I spent the day in the garage working on Teepo. Got that little rusty place inside her fender sanded down and painted. Looks much better. Then I had to detail her of course.

I went down and talked to Bob about my rims this morning. He had just got them back from the sandblaster and was taking them out of the truck when I got there. So now they clean them and he said they'd paint them on Monday. When they're ready I will take Teepo in and he will put her on the lift and take her wheels off, and then he will put my tires on the new rims and have them balanced and such. I told him I want my bezels put on the rims as they are nicer than the ones that were on those rims. Gonna use my center caps too. I'm anxious!!

I guess Nicole is gonna come over tomorrow sometime. Larry offered to take me out but it's always so busy everywhere on Mother's Day I said we'd just stay home. I'd like to plant flowers if it doesn't rain.

Well make sure to remember your mom if you're still fortunate enough to have her!

Have a good evening all. Talk to ya tomorrow.
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

We had just an outstanding day today. Temp was up to around 26 with a nice gentle breeze. My Mrs. and I just got back a short while ago from a free din din for volunteering at the bus skills rodeo. Dem der buses slice up real good inta perfect lil bif steaks. MMMmmmm deeelishus.

Scot and Paul - Thanks, I passed along your congratulations to Graeme. He thanks you for your kind thoughts.

Jamesbo - what's the link to your car?? Looked on evilbay, then fleapay, and couldn't find it.... I am not going to **** you off by offering to run down there to look at it. Way too far, and sides, I hafta lern da lingo afore I git dere, and go whack whitey wit ya whilst we jaws about dat car...

Sandy - Outstanding that you're finally getting those wheels done the way you want them.
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Dem der buses slice up real good inta perfect lil bif steaks. MMMmmmm deeelishus.
Does it taste like chicken?
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:08 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

And Happy Mother's Day to the ladies in your lives! It's sunny now, but they're calling for a chance of storms sometime during the day. I already irritated Larry this morning, lol. It doesn't take me long.... He asked if I was sure I didn't want to go out to eat, and I said nope, It's always too busy. I've had too many Mother's Days spoiled by him having no patience because there are long lines, or his toast isn't toasted to almost burned, or they run out of things. I learned long ago..... So he isn't talking to me right now, lol. Whatever!!

Don't know what time Nicole will show up today. I want to plant the flowers I bought Friday night so I hope it stays nice out.

Allan R.... Congrats for your son! That's a great thing. And from your previous post, no, no trophies at the cruise in's. Just 50/50 raffles and door prizes. The shows have trophies.

Paul.... Glad you got to work on the Cutlass!

I was looking yesterday while I was under Teepo's hood, and her negative battery cable is not very long. It goes from the battery, across the steering box thingy up to the block. There's no way it attaches to the alternator bracket?? I looked in my manual, and the page Rob referred to is not in my manual. Seems to be a lot of pages not in the manual once I started looking at it, lol. So I don't know??? I might post this over in my other thread.

So.... did anyone buy Teepos clone for me? Or is it still up for bid?

Gotta get up and moving. You all have a great day!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 13th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All and Happy Mother's Day Sandy

Cow + flatrock ere. Looks to be the same for most of the day. Well I guess we need it because it'll probably be dry this summer.

Paul make sure you take a look at some pics of the gaps on the bumper fitment. Olds are famous for the gaping gaps and are not supposed to fit "tightly" so to say. I bet you are very proud to be putting it back together now.

I hope your rims turn out awesome Sandy, sounds like you have a game plan for the best looking trim pieces.

TTFN

Scot
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:38 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

So.... did anyone buy Teepos clone for me? Or is it still up for bid?
Still waiting on your winning bid Sandy, as I haven't won the lotto this week

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item46032fecfe
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:39 AM
CQR

Happy Mothers day Sandy.

Looks like Ohio here this a.m. 95% humidity and about 40 degrees.

Allan, I'll look it over tomorrow at the shop where I have your specs.

Have a great day all.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:43 AM
CQR

What color is the motor supposed to be? Looks really 442 bronze. or is it just me?
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:54 AM
"Car"mudgeon

They are supposed to be Gold
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Mothers Day to all of your 'better halves' and Sandy (even though you're one of the GUYS). Not sure if I qualify myself as I've been called a '*****' by some disreputable folks Sad, my Mrs. has to work today and on her birthday. Don't forget to phone or see your Mom's and wish them a happy day too!

Today we got the flip side of your cow on de flat rock. Radiant sunshine, purty blue sky, gentle breeze and going to a high of 77 later on. Guess that means I gotta get the lawnmower out, do some weeding, and water de flowers. De chat is out stalking birds and stuff that gets in her way right now....

Paul - Nope, not chicken. Funny story. This was like a line up buffet and you could choose all the fixings and stuff you wanted. At the end of the line where you put sour cream and (real) bacon bits on the tato, there was a bowl of what looked like really nice thick even gravy. So I put 3 spoons on the meat. When I tasted it at the table?? It wasn't gravy - it was HP sauce. Had to take some off, but it tasted like really good biff. (rib eye)

Clint - thanks. I'm thinking the 1.22 degrees of caster difference will make some difference. Besides which the RS is 3.18 which isn't even close to the min spec rage listed as 4.08 I'll wait till I hear back from ya before I go talk with Shane. Might have time to play a game of 'Go whack whitey'

Jamesbo - thx for the link. Obviously a lot of work to go but it's a nice solid start for a great project.

Sandy - Enjoy! Be sure to remind Larry, Nicole and the Grand dog who's boss.
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:05 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Just got home from breakfast with my Mother (and my Dad too). Now it is back out to work on the Cutlass.

I'll check in later for a longer post.
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Sunday and Happy Mothers Day everyone!

Got back a couple hours ago. Not a terrific trip. I'm just posting a couple lines now and I'll come back later on, once I decompress a little. I need to start the purging process right away!

Glad to be home. Hope everyone is good.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

The weekend sure went fast. Nicole came over after 12 and she cleaned the house for me! That was nice!! I worked all day, lol. Planted all my flowers in the beds and the planters for around the house and at work. I filled the birdfeeders. The Red Breasted Grosbeak is here now! I saw him last week, and he was here today. He's only here for a short while in the spring. He's a beauty!! I watched him for awhile.

Did some laundry. Nicole helped Larry carry all the stuff out of the breezeway, and he scrubbed it out with Purple Power. I washed all the throw rugs from in there, and took the old towels and rugs out of Doodle's house from the winter and washed them and laid them over the deck railing to dry. Nothing like cat hair everywhere!!

Made a frozen pizza for supper - Larry still isn't talking to me, lol. Took a shower and got my hair washed, dried and straightened, and sat my tired achy body down.

It clouded up several times today and the wind picked up, but we didn't have any rain. I haven't seen any weather today, guess the news will be on soon so I'll watch it. Hope it's nice tomorrow so I can take off at noon to get ready for the Riverfront cruise in. I'm gonna leave here 3 ish so I get a space to park over there!! That one is always packed. Always. It's one of our best cruise ins, isn't it Paul??

Well I reckon I'll get off here, so I'll talk to ya tomorrow!
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sheesh, that Larry seems to be a moody kind of guy. Whassamatta wit him? If he don't like frozen pizza he should pop it in da oven and warm it up

Glad you had a good day Sandy. It was really nice here too. Kinda wish I had air conditioning. It was almost 80° here. Not used to that kind of 'scorcher'. Might have to sleep in the basement to stay cool. Have the fans in the house going for now. TTYL
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Nice day here, the Cutlass now has 2 bumpers. Looking more and more like a car each weekend.

Sandy, yes Riverfront was a great cruise. I really enjoyed that one. It is a different setting for a cruise night, but very nice. I wish we had something like that here. All we have here is parking lot cruise nights.

Allan, HP, or any steak sauce, is good with a lot of things other than steak.

Scot, I believe what you say about the bumper gaps. How did I do with mine?

Hope everyone has a great week.
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Cloudy an spose to rain today

Allen, Yeah de ole 442 has all de ahrd stuff done but I think most people had rahter have on de could drive home wit rusty quarters an fenders.

If they'd ever got one dis far de know how much time it takes. We'll see.

De dude who was gonna diver 80 miles on his break to see it never did return my phone call. I guess he got fired.

Sandy, I'm SHOCKED. You had to "straighten" your hair? I thought wit dem high cheek bones you were far off de reservation.

Scot, I know you're right. I should take mo pics and receipts of de werk done. I jes come from a long line of sorry white trash an am to lazy. IMHO know matter what I take a pic of someone is gonna want a pic of sum'em else.

Now ere's what I really need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SS%3AUS%3A1123

Have a great day Olds Friends.
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I was so beat last night I was in bed and asleep by 8:30. I worked late Saturday morning and then rushed like a madman to make a 12:40 flight to Newark. When my friend picked me up we left right from the airport, drove till about 10:00. He woke me up around two in a panic, his little oxygen cylinder was empty and wanted me to go out to the car to get him a new one. Well after that he couldn't breathe, he couldn't sit down, he couldn't walk, so I said why don't we just start driving. He did better in the car and would sleep, so that's what we did. We got home around 3 in the afternoon. This guy lives next door to me. Wow. I've never seen anyone with so much wrong.

Jamesbo that's an awesome looking car. Wonder if it would make the drive from Salt Lake City?

Sandy glad you had a nice day. What a gift just to have Nicole and Larry working together. The card I sent my Mom was short 20c in postage, so instead of sending what was obviously a Mothers Day card and collecting it from her, they sent it back to me saying they wanted 20c more. Maybe I'll save it for next year. My niece had a baby on Saturday and my Mom is too busy with all that to be bothered with such trivial things. I'll call her this evening.

Paul glad you got the bumpers on the Cutlass. Where do I go to look at the pictures?

Allan congratulations to your son for a job well done. Top 10 from the whole province is nothing to sneeze at.

Okay! I gotta run up to the airport and swap out a car for the dog's van then come back to get them, and maybe run a couple errands. It's all gonna start by stopping in to Awful house. Have a great day everyone.
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Monday! It's in the high 50's and kinda sunny now. Had some fog but it's slowly burning off. Supposed to be a gorgeous day!!! Glad I'll be leaving early.

Brought in the 2 planters I made for outside our door here at work, and of course one of them tipped over on the way. So I was out there re-planting the stuff that came out, without gloves when I got here. Nothing like dirt under the fingernails first thing in the morning! Have to vaccum out Tincanio later.

So tell me..... on the registration form for the BOP coming up, the catagories are:

Stock.... Modified...... Survivor? I've never seen 'survivor' as a catagory before? Is Teepo 'stock' or a 'survivor'?? I always register her as stock or original.....

This is her birthday week! 3rd week of May!!!

Brian is going to be going to the Indy area the last 3 days of this week on sales calls, so it will be nice and quiet in here, lol. We haven't had one phone call yet this morning.

Jamesbo..... I don't always straighten my hair, lol. It's straight. The straightening iron just takes the body out of it so it's not so thick looking, makes it look thinner and I like that sometimes, lol. I don't always use the straightening iron. It's hard on the hair!!

Well have a great day all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 14th, 2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Jamesbo Hmm, I think it'll be cheaper to finish the 69 442. But it would be a neat addition to the stable

Sandy it's either Stock or a Survivor. Survivor is where it's completely original with very little repop stuff or minimal repaint. I guess it depends on the show in question and how stringent they are when judging. There should be "rules" or guidelines per class as to what is or isn't allowed. But Survivor is always the "better" class if Teepo qualifies.

Mike it sounds like you had a stressful time this weekend

Paul they (the bumpers) look great

Yall have a great Monday
Old May 14th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Marvellous Monday to everyone!

It's shaping up to be a nice day here! I can feel it but am having a hard time seeing it. A few weeks back I got new glasses. That seemed to work ok, but they were hurting the bridge of my node on one side. Took them back for adjustment and they were 'tweaked' to fit better. Today I couldn't take it anymore. They were pinching so bad I have a red welt developing. According to the manufacturer, the pads cannot be changed - they are lifetime. Boooo! Hissss... Then I noticed that when I was driving at nights I now see halos around the traffic lights, and from a distance there appears to be 2 or 3 of em where there should only be 1 !! These things gotta go back. Right now I'm using my old ones till I decide what to do.

Paul - I'm sure the gaps will work out ok. What I'm trying to get is the proper 'level' height across the middle. Thank goodness the braces have adjustment slots. I think that Ken (my body guy) didn't tighten them up right when he installed it. I'll git 'r done myself. But first I'm taking the whole thing off so I can clean and paint the braces back to new condition. HP? Good thing I like it. I use it on sausage and eggs too.

Sandy - Well at least you GOT HAIR to worry bout! My son likes to tease me that I have a thinning dome. Still got hair, just not fields of it. X2 that TPO is more 'stock' than original. Original usually means more of a 'survivor' with original paint, parts etc. Man on a fast horse wouldn't be able to tell though.

Mike - good luck with that swap out. Sorry to hear about your neighbors woes; now I know why he wanted you to help. Good friends are nice to have.

Pat - people are funny that way. I don't get it either; not like they're gonna take it home and tear it all apart to see what you already said has been done? If they do, they just don't have much in the way of smarts.
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM

Allen,

I got a call from one of your fellow countrymen. Without seeing the car de Dude says, " I know I'll have to redo all the body werk that's been done."
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo? What can I say, jus cuz he lives up here don't mean he's in de same boat as most of us good natured and easy to git along wit peoples - he's obviously on meds or crack. He must hear voices that tell him wierd $hit. I would say the body work is a non negotiable item; its quality werk and his comment is insulting. He can go pound sand somewhere else. Every country has their share of idjuts. On de udder hand, if he wants to meet your price, who cares if he wants to spend his hard earned money fooling with perfectly good body werk?
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Allen,

I'm jes fun'in wit cha. BTW what time zone is Ontario on? I think I woke him up.

De local dude who was from des parts [who was gonna drive 2 hours on his "break" ] to see de car was just as empty headed.

I may start a new thread."Stupidiest thing a "potentail" buy ever said about your car.

My favorties are de guys who say, "I'll give ya 5 grand" w/o seeing the car. Next Yoyo who pulls dat one me. I'm gonna take it, make him go to de bank cash a check and drive his trailer up here. Since I know he's gonna want to renegotiate the deal when he arrives, I'm gonna let him burn some of his hard earned gasoline while I WASTE his time.

BTW, Have I mentioned lately, dat I hate sell'in cars.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yeah, I know.
You are on the same time zone as Ont so if you woke him, he's prolly lazier than I am. I git up at 8:00 am your time; 6:00 am our time. You should mess with his head and tell him you have a serious buyer who's an autobody mechanic and has inkspecticated it and found nothing wanting and is willing to pay 5K for the car. Then tease him that you'd rather sell to some poor schlock like him who 'really knows cars'.
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Old May 14th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Scot,

Whar ya find dis stuff. Looks like a cross betwix, Chevy Chases' hat in Caddy Shack and Bear Bryant's pernial chapeau.
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Actually I have some of those old ads too. They're sitting in my storage box in the closet. Some of this stuff is available on line at various websites.
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yea I was just surfing the wide world of intranet and found dat one
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:27 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Ere's anutter classic

Old May 14th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Believe it or not, Fusick used that ad on the cover of their A body catalogue a few years back. The chic on the hood prolly doesn't weigh enough to cause any damage but I can think of better places for her to sit What are you thinkin? I was thinkin 'cup holder' in the passenger seat

She looks like an early version of Shania Twain :C'mon get me boys!! I'd be all over that car like white on rice if I was 18 back in 68!
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Ere's one specifically fer da '69 fans

Old May 14th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo - now that you seen these ads for 69 442 you just go cancel that fleabay auction and build the car. You know you wanna!

Last edited by Allan R; May 14th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I thunk you meant Jamesbo, Allan
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dang it! Like I said on the other thread - I think it's hometime. Gotta take a break so I dont so get upmixed agin. Dere! fixtit.
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well its a beautiful evening here at the Riverfront. Brought my trusty Kindle along. Sooooo many cars here!! I got here a little after 4 - there was still room. It filled up fast and there are still cars coming in. Of course Teepo is the prettiest one here lol.

I had me a burger and fries and am about to go get an ice cream cone.

I like those male models in that ad Scot posted lol. Its nice to have something for me to look at for a change! I do get tired of seeing only girls... sorry guys.

I took lots of pics so I will put them on my laptop tomorrow and then post them. Ok gotta get my cone. Ttyl!!