The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2022, 08:53 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Weezer
Another item I haven't bothered to renew, since I have not been asked / required to travel out of the country since 2018.
I renewed my 9th passport in 2019.
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - I'll take a mile of hoses & wires over this PS pump.

Almost finished cleaning the man-cave, tools, blah, blah, blah & sweeping. Small upgrade on the Battery Tender plug on the Indian. The Xenon bulb went TU on my 2 Cell MAGLITE. Going to head to Ace for a replacement and test out the new PS pump.
ABCD golf tournament tomorrow at my club. Pairings party/dinner/meal this evening - nothing fancy. It's a four-man Superball team tournament - I'll find out who I'm paired with and who's paired w/ me. It's a fun tournament.
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
ABCD golf tournament tomorrow at my club. Pairings party/dinner/meal this evening - nothing fancy. It's a four-man Superball team tournament - I'll find out who I'm paired with and who's paired w/ me. It's a fun tournament.
Norm - When you have the time, would you please explain a "Superball team tournament"? Wondering how it differs, if at all, from a Best Ball format? Good luck tomorrow! Will the nasty weather be gone by then?
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:27 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - In a best ball format each golfer plays his/her own ball and the best ball for that hole is used to score the hole. Four-Man superball everyone tees off then the remaining shots are played from the "best ball" whoever's ball that is, we each play our own respective next shot from the place where we elected (as a team) to play the next ball e.g. Superball - we each play the best ball out of the four of us.
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:36 AM

Chris - In a best ball format each golfer plays his/her own ball and the best ball for that hole is used to score the hole. Four-Man superball everyone tees off then the remaining shots are played from the "best ball" whoever's ball that is, we each play our own respective next shot from the place where we elected (as a team) to play the next ball e.g. Superball - we each play the best ball out of the four of us.
Thanks, I got it, and understand the difference!
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:40 AM
Running On Empty

And, Chris - if you're following along, the tournament is called ABCD tournament. There is an A player, B player, C player & D player on each team (foursome). There are many variations of this type of 'scramble' format. Sometimes employing a sliding format where instead of everyone being allowed to tee-off then picking the best ball(s) to shoot next; a designated A, B, C or D player must tee-off on select holes. It's fun.
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Running On Empty

Add to the already crazy format, there will be parimutuel betting, as well.
Old November 11th, 2022, 09:59 AM

Add to the already crazy format, there will be parimutuel betting, as well.
Does sound like a good time! I hope you have decent weather. Don't think you'd want to be playing here tomorrow, you'd be whacking rocks, with a morning low of 25° and a high of 38°!
Old November 11th, 2022, 10:02 AM
Running On Empty

Our shotgun tee time is 12:30pm. The skies are going to open up for us.

Old November 11th, 2022, 10:47 AM

Our shotgun tee time is 12:30pm. The skies are going to open up for us.
Looks like great temps for being out on the course! Hit em straight!
Old November 11th, 2022, 03:52 PM
Always room for one more

Finished up at work around 930. Left at 1115. A little bullshit if you ask me but it worked out for Awful house. They are set up good for tomorrow.

Jeff you had an Aura if I remember right. Did you ever get the message, Service ESC ? Along with this message I get a light, which is a car skidding into a triangle.

Rain stopped but it's still cloudy. Now cloudy and dark. I hope that's it for the rain for awhile. Maybe when I get back I can do stuff outside and not in the mud.

Okay Alabama early tomorrow. Should be a good time. We won't have a lot of time together but it will be good to see them.

Old November 11th, 2022, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat

Okay Alabama early tomorrow. Should be a good time. We won't have a lot of time together but it will be good to see them.
Mike - Safe travels and I hope you have fun with your friends!

Old November 11th, 2022, 04:53 PM

The majority of the day was a real PITA, our new credit cards are still not here, and I spent most of my day trying to find approved methods of paying revolving accounts coming due so they don't go into default. Had to go to the Credit Union and take out a bunch of cash to purchase a prepaid VISA debit card to pay the stuff either due today or within the next week. What a cluster-F!!! Our major TV provider is the Hulu streaming service, the only thing they'll accept as payment other than a standard credit card is a Hulu gift card, guess I'm gonna have to run out and get one of those tomorrow, or there will be no NFL Sunday in this house and that might cause me to stroke out!

Had hoped to finish up my car cleaning and winterization today, but that wasn't happening. Maybe tomorrow??? All depends on how damn cold the garage is with a morning low of 25°.

Sitting here proof reading this before I hit send, I'm sure I've sounded like a real frickin whiner lately, and I'm sorry about that. I have no business bitching when so many others are so much worse off than I am, so I'm just gonna shut the hell up!

Hope everyone had a great day and has a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; November 11th, 2022 at 05:17 PM.
Old November 11th, 2022, 05:43 PM

Regarding gift cards, I discovered the local grocery store offered “bonus points” for certain gift card purchases. I was able to get $40 worth of groceries for free by purchasing gift cards there.
Old November 11th, 2022, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Regarding gift cards, I discovered the local grocery store offered “bonus points” for certain gift card purchases. I was able to get $40 worth of groceries for free by purchasing gift cards there.
That's a good selling point Kenneth, I'll have to check on deals like that the next time I'm looking for gift cards, which will be soon with Christmas right around the corner!
Old November 11th, 2022, 06:12 PM

Chris, not sure I am reading this right but I think you have a bunch of accounts attached to your credit/debit card? Then the card was compromised and it had to be closed??? So now the accounts want $$ and the card is closed. Is that right? If so my wife has had this happen to her. I've never had it happen to me. I don't have any accounts such as utility bills or the like attached to any credit or debit card. They are attached to my credit union account. Not the debit card attached to the account but the actual account- as in with a routing #- etc. So if my card gets false charges-etc I can cancel it and it isn't a problem with reoccurring payments. My card has been comprised and when I closed it (Citibank) they actually paid for a special Fed Ex carrier to bring it to me on a Sunday within 24 hrs. I was surprised why they were so fast- now listening to what a hassle you are having, I understand. Anyway can you change your stuff to a regular bank/credit union account??
Old November 11th, 2022, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Chris, not sure I am reading this right but I think you have a bunch of accounts attached to your credit/debit card? Then the card was compromised and it had to be closed??? So now the accounts want $$ and the card is closed. Is that right? If so my wife has had this happen to her. I've never had it happen to me. I don't have any accounts such as utility bills or the like attached to any credit or debit card. They are attached to my credit union account. Not the debit card attached to the account but the actual account- as in with a routing #- etc. So if my card gets false charges-etc I can cancel it and it isn't a problem with reoccurring payments. My card has been comprised and when I closed it (Citibank) they actually paid for a special Fed Ex carrier to bring it to me on a Sunday within 24 hrs. I was surprised why they were so fast- now listening to what a hassle you are having, I understand. Anyway can you change your stuff to a regular bank/credit union account??
Greg - Yes, you are interpreting the situation correctly. There are some transactions and revolving accounts that could be debited directly from our checking account. By doing so, you have just put your account number and routing info out into the public domain as another potential avenue for fraudulent charges if the info gets into unscrupulous hands. I would prefer to limit my exposure and not do that unless I have to. I do have a major problem with the timeline my Credit Union has for turnaround in getting replacement cards to their customers when a card needs to be canceled due to fraud. I am going to look into getting a new VISA with a different institution that has a much quicker turnaround time for getting a new card like you had with Citibank.
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:24 AM

Got up at 0400 to use the bathroom, then went to get a drink. Then I noticed this in the light of the streetlights! What in the hell, this was not on any weather I saw forecast. Probably 3 to 4-inches out there right now. Anyone up for a Car Show?

Old November 12th, 2022, 03:35 AM

What the ???..... Snow in St Louis on November 12? Well I guess... We haven't got any yet... Yeah you got a point about putting your bank acct #'s out there.
Old November 12th, 2022, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
What the ???..... Snow in St Louis on November 12? Well I guess... We haven't got any yet... Yeah you got a point about putting your bank acct #'s out there.
Yes, that pic is real, unbelievable huh! Snowplow has come through and thrown salt down. It is supposed to be sunny and get up to around 40° today so most of this should be gone by this afternoon, but it's only 27° right now. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think we'd see snow before you guys!
Old November 12th, 2022, 04:47 AM
Running On Empty

Chris - Appears to be the wet heavy variety?
Old November 12th, 2022, 05:50 AM

Norm you may like this. I saw it online and decided to try it

Fritos layer next cooked ground beef rotel( tomato peppers) enchilada sauce a layer of refried beans them shredded cheese

Pretty good

Old November 12th, 2022, 06:12 AM

Chris - Appears to be the wet heavy variety?
Yes, fairly wet, would be great for snowball fights, snowmen, or snow forts. Between the warm ground and the snowplow throwing down salt, it's already pretty much off the streets. Heres a pic at 0800.

Jim - That hamburger/cheese/bean/frito pie bake looks really good. Can't go wrong when you throw that set of ingredients together!
Old November 12th, 2022, 06:33 AM
Running On Empty

Hey Jim - My Mom began making that exact same dish many years ago and loved it. Each of my brother's wives started making it after my Mom found the recipe & began making it. I've had it and yes it's really good. Yours looks delicious.
Old November 12th, 2022, 08:48 AM

Hey Chris, welcome to Michi...wait a minute! Norm, I won't see those temps until next spring. Mike, that's the Electronic Stability Control, keeps your butt in your lane if it gets a bit slick on the road. We are supposed to get lake effect snow tonight through tomorrow a.m. amounts vary, 1-4", but the roads should be clear as they still hold heat. Supoosed to melt off by tomorrow afternoon. More forecast later this week.
Old November 12th, 2022, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Hey Chris, welcome to Michi...wait a minute!
Ya, it's certainly feeling like Michigan right now! Just got in from shoveling off the deck, steps down to the back yard, and a large area in the back yard for the dogs to do their business. I should have went across the street and knocked on my neighbor's door who co-owns our snowblower with me. He agreed to store it if we got one because I just don't have the space. I didn't want to bother him because the snow on the driveways is almost completely melted already. I will next time, my lower back just doesn't hold up well to that bent over position of shoveling snow anymore. The "next time" may not be far off, I see where the weatherman is forecasting another 2 to 4-inches Monday night into Tuesday morning.
Old November 12th, 2022, 09:52 AM

Hey Jim - My Mom began making that exact same dish many years ago and loved it. Each of my brother's wives started making it after my Mom found the recipe & began making it. I've had it and yes it's really good. Yours looks delicious.
well what do you know, Id never heard of it . But its pretty good
Old November 12th, 2022, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
well what do you know, Id never heard of it . But its pretty good
Jim - I didn't mention it before, but my Mom made a dish that was almost the same and we called it Chili Cheese Frito Pie. Dawn makes it every once in awhile around here, we both love it, especially during the winter months.
Old November 12th, 2022, 10:24 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Didn't go to Alabama. Mom wasn't feeling real well last night. She can't seem to shake whatever she picked up before, so I figured it would be best if Tiger came home with me and I stuck around a little closer.

Boy Chris I'd be twitching for sure if I woke up and saw that. Good luck getting those cards straightened out.

It isn't bad out here. Pretty warm, around 70, the sun was trying to come out earlier but now it's just overcast and a little humid. Doesn't really look like rain, though.

So this afternoon I think I'll just move stuff around and go through stuff. If it stays nice or the sun comes out I'll go work on the Chevy. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old November 12th, 2022, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Jim - I didn't mention it before, but my Mom made a dish that was almost the same and we called it Chili Cheese Frito Pie. Dawn makes it every once in awhile around here, we both love it, especially during the winter months.
I've made [what I call ]Frito pie for years. But this has a different flavor probably because of the enchilada sauce
Old November 12th, 2022, 11:47 AM

Hi everyone.

Didn't go to Alabama. Mom wasn't feeling real well last night. She can't seem to shake whatever she picked up before, so I figured it would be best if Tiger came home with me and I stuck around a little closer.
Mike - Sorry you weren't able to go visit with your friends. Others have said it, now I'm going to, you're a good son to stay close to home when she's not feeling well! I hope your Mom gets to feeling better.
Old November 12th, 2022, 12:45 PM

Chris, we got like an inch here in Evansville; it's melting off now. I drove my Club Wagon yesterday, then went to the storage units and grabbed some leftover firewood from last year, then went to the grocery store, then went home and put the hose reel away in preparation.

Today I get up to this snow, so, after breakfast, the crock pot was set up with some roasts to make pot roast for dinner, and off I went editing Thunder & Lightning, the H/OCA's newsletter. If I can power through by tonight, I might move stuff off the hearth and have a fire in the fireplace.
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
If I can power through by tonight, I might move stuff off the hearth and have a fire in the fireplace.
John - Pot roast sounds wonderful on a wintery day!

I've got a fire going in our fireplace right now, but I'm cheating, it's natural gas fired. I run it almost all day in the winter, it keeps the Great Room comfortable and the main furnace from running. It has a blower on it and puts out an amazing amount of heat.
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:38 PM

I mowed the grass this afternoon.
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:56 PM

Well, we've got the grass covered, you mowed it, and I shoveled it!
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:56 PM

My mower got snowed on as it got evicted to run the H/O on Thursday and I haven't moved it off the porch as the H/O needs to go all the way forward to put the mower behind it.
Old November 12th, 2022, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
My mower got snowed on as it got evicted to run the H/O on Thursday and I haven't moved it off the porch as the H/O needs to go all the way forward to put the mower behind it.
Can you mulch snow???
Old November 12th, 2022, 03:30 PM
Always room for one more

It's just been dank here all day, but no rain. And no snow. Haven't done much but laundry.

Thanks for the explanation Dan. I don't believe that's ever come on. I started getting the message a few months ago, but this is the longest it's stayed on. I can't believe I've had that car three years.

Chris I'd like to think that I don't do any more or any less than any other son would do. I'm glad I'm able to provide a place for her and help her out. I did pretty well growing up so as my ex-girlfriend(whose birthday is the same as Jamesbo's) once said, this is giving back.

Old November 12th, 2022, 04:26 PM

Chris I'd like to think that I don't do any more or any less than any other son would do. I'm glad I'm able to provide a place for her and help her out. I did pretty well growing up so as my ex-girlfriend(whose birthday is the same as Jamesbo's) once said, this is giving back.
Mike - I think you're being too modest, and I'll leave it at that.

Talking about folks with the same birthday, my wife Dawn's birthday is the same day as my Mom's. How's that for a coincidence! Made it easy on me to remember her birthday when we first met, and I need all the help I can get on stuff like that!
Old November 12th, 2022, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Can you mulch snow???
No, but I need a heated car barn! With beer and a Scandinavian young lady bartender with flexible morals!