The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2022, 05:29 PM
Running On Empty

Btw, I’ve had a REAL ID driver license for over 3 years.
Old November 9th, 2022, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris - Good for you validating medical bills. I hate and deplore our private insurance in the USA: and, for the EXACT reasons you find conflicting. Providers taking advantage of insurance companies!!!

I’ve filed fraud complaints with the FBI & Medicare on two fly by night companies operating out of apartment buildings in Florida billing against my Medicare and getting paid for over 6 months and they are still getting away with it.

My blood will begin to boil talking about the health scare scams in this country!!
Norm - I am sorry you have been affected by these scamming bastards! Unfortunately you know all too well what I am talking about! I feel for the elderly who may not have the faculties or skill set to review and challenge the A-holes that pull this crap!
Old November 9th, 2022, 05:36 PM

Btw, I’ve had a REAL ID driver license for over 3 years.
What can I say, other than Missouri is only a stones throw from Arkansas, we are still living in the Stone Age here!
Old November 9th, 2022, 05:40 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - I am sorry you have been affected by these scamming bastards! Unfortunately you know all too well what I am talking about! I feel for the elderly who may not have the faculties or skill set to review and challenge the A-holes that pull this crap!
I can only do so much. I filed reports. Everyone pays for these scam artists. I’m not filing more fraud complaints - Phuque ‘em!
Old November 9th, 2022, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
Speaking of Olds hobby, we have about two days left before it gets cold, so I dragged branches off the back part of the driving to move the yard work pile out of the way, charged battery, aired tires, checked fluids on the H/O and moved the mower. I'm going to skate out of work tomorrow and go drive it, it's been a while. I need to plug in the wiper motor and see if they park, but I may do that another time.
John - Sounds like a good, and fun, plan playing hooky from work to get out in the H/O. I'm resigned at this point to not attending the Veterans Day event at the VA Hospital here on Saturday. I don't think it would be much fun with a high around 40°. Gonna start in tomorrow on cleaning the '67 up and putting her to sleep for the winter. Might take her out for a short spin before I start cleaning.
Old November 9th, 2022, 11:25 PM

Chris, In Georgia you have to take a ton of $hit to get your license renewed. [birth certificate, SS card, paid bill etc] My thought is they will have so much paper there will never be enough people to read any of it. I'm spose to pre register for an ultra sound. The email sign in code is 8 digits and the box will only take 5 I kinda like being old and lame and make the receptionist fill out my paperwork Kinda like self check out in reverse/
Old November 10th, 2022, 01:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

When I worked midnights, even though it was 7am when I got home, it was still night until I went to bed and woke up in the afternoon. Don't know if I'd go back to midnights, but sometimes I still miss it. Something about being up when everyone else is sleeping. Or not having any managers snooping around trying to cause drama.

Apparently I've always had a Real ID because I've never had to take any of that stuff to renew my drivers license. In fact last time I did it online. I know the state of Georgia is compliant with Real ID so I don't even have to think about it.

Jeff I hope you have better luck than Jamesbo. Don't be like me and let him annoy you and send him away.

Chris I don't know if this is just a bad dream, but I seem to remember when hospitals owned themselves and there were no third party people to cheat you. Some years ago I went to the Emergency room, and I kid you not I got a bill from the hospital, one from the group that operated the ER, one from the doctor himself. This is a poor attitude to take but you know what, I pay my deductibles and copays and let the company and the health care people duke it out.

Got the oil changed in the car. I have a nice lift in the garage, which has two junkers taking up its space, so I was still out on the driveway on my back. Ah, someday I'll do better.

Okay things are ramping up. Yesterday we signed a whopping 6 wheels on overtime. Most of these guys are getting tired of the lead trying to make it sound like falling short is always our fault. Yesterday my robot was broke for an hour. Certainly not our fault. Sometimes there's a learning curve.

Have a good morning everyone.

Old November 10th, 2022, 04:16 AM
Jeff

Thanks, guys. Yep, getting out of old cars, at least until I'm retired and have time. I'm hoping that he is pulling a trailer with him, that will be a good sign. I'll text him before 8am today to see if he's still coming up. We targeted today because it's going to be in the low 70's and sunny one last time, before dropping into a high in the 30's tomorrow.

Next car (if there is one) will definitely not be a Starfire. Talk about a tough seller's market. Should have stuck to the original plan back in '98 and found a '67 or '68 Cutlass.
Old November 10th, 2022, 05:29 AM

Good luck with sale , Jeff.
Old November 10th, 2022, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, In Georgia you have to take a ton of $hit to get your license renewed. [birth certificate, SS card, paid bill etc] My thought is they will have so much paper there will never be enough people to read any of it. I'm spose to pre register for an ultra sound. The email sign in code is 8 digits and the box will only take 5 I kinda like being old and lame and make the receptionist fill out my paperwork Kinda like self check out in reverse/
Old November 10th, 2022, 06:11 AM
Jeff

*insert Price Is Right loser horn*

Another FB tire-kicker, not coming.

I guess it's time to remove trim, get out the sanding supplies, and do the paint repair. And of course adjust the price upwards if I do. This is the type of **** that discourages me from ever wanting another classic.
Old November 10th, 2022, 06:13 AM
Running On Empty

Jeff - What a bummer. Sorry, man.
Old November 10th, 2022, 06:17 AM
Running On Empty

Have the new PS Pump attached to block w/ swivel nut barrel & new high pressure line attached to PS Pump. Now to reassemble the engine pieces I had to remove to get to the pump.
Old November 10th, 2022, 06:40 AM

Jeff - Sorry man, that really sucks! I feel for ya!
Old November 10th, 2022, 09:19 AM

We have real i.d. here as well, but it is not mandatory...yet. they plan on making it though, so I suppose i should contact the state of Alaska to get the embossed seal birth certificate from them.Nice day out, gonna get a few more leaves out of the way, and throw a plastic tarp under the olds.
Old November 10th, 2022, 10:22 AM

Jeff, Isn't selling cars fun? Kinda like a root canal
Old November 10th, 2022, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
We have real i.d. here as well, but it is not mandatory...yet. they plan on making it though, so I suppose i should contact the state of Alaska to get the embossed seal birth certificate from them.Nice day out, gonna get a few more leaves out of the way, and throw a plastic tarp under the olds.
Dan - Ours became mandatory upon renewal a couple years ago, but luckily my license didn't need renewed until this year. I had to have an official copy of my birth certificate from Michigan when I showed up here for my 1st day of work in 1983. My parents couldn't find my original, so I had to go to the County Courthouse in Marshall, MI to get a copy.
Old November 10th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Jeff

I'm so over this. I've sold LOTS of stuff online, from cars, pontoons, motorcycles, quads, snowmobiles, jet skis. I have never had something take this friggin' long to sell. Granted, I started off stupid-high on price, but I feel the car is legitimately priced right at $18,900. That puts my "OBO" within reason of what it'll take to make me happy. I had one ******** offer $12k about an hour ago, of course without even seeing the car. WTF.

My last license renewal was summer of 2020, and it was *supposed* to be the new REAL ID. Thanks, COVID. Nope, they weren't issuing them in the midst of the pandemic, so I will need to get it by May 2, 2023. FYI, fellow Michiganders, that is the deadline required for flying / entering military bases and nuclear plants / some federal buildings.
Old November 10th, 2022, 12:31 PM

I have a copy of my birth certificate that my mom must have gotten when I was in my teens, but I have to get an embossed one from Alaska for it to be accepted. I did call up there a while ago, just to insure that state seal would be embossed, and as with any government agency, I had to scroll online first, then call and listen to all of the prompts from which to choose, of course, held on until someone responded. Zzzzz.
Old November 10th, 2022, 01:25 PM

Weezer, The great thing about selling a car is you don't have to know anything about it EVERYONE ELSE knows everything. Of course the hardest part is trying to listen to the vast wealth of knowledge from someone who knows everything about the car they viewed for 5 minutes
Old November 10th, 2022, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Jeff go get a toad.

Rainy and breezy here. If this is the most we get out of that hurricane in Florida I'll be happy. My friends were getting blown about in Daytona this morning, hope things got better. Haven't heard from my family in Orlando, think I'll text them.

Norm you're moving right along with the PS pump. My Cadillac needs a PS pump, but it will be fairly straight forward. It also needs an alternator, so it will be a two for one deal.

So hilarious today. Yesterday we were far from our mark so today the lead really jumps on us. No excuses, winners make solutions not excuses, the passengers depend on us, yada yada. He got all done, then one of the guys says, ya but the rail was dry most of the day, we didn't have any wheels to build. Talk about a deer in the headlights look.
Old November 10th, 2022, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Weezer
that is the deadline required for flying / entering military bases and nuclear plants / some federal buildings.
You can fly with a passport.
Old November 10th, 2022, 04:17 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm you're moving right along with the PS pump. My Cadillac needs a PS pump, but it will be fairly straight forward. It also needs an alternator, so it will be a two for one deal.
Mike - There's nothing easy about working on an International/Navistar VT-365 (Ford Power-Stroke 6.0L) diesel engine. The design engineers must have been smoking crack when they designed this thing.
Anyways, all done & buttoned up. Waiting on remnants of Nicole.
Old November 10th, 2022, 04:34 PM

Busy day. Got out and started in on cleaning the car around 0800. Stayed with it till around 1330. Got both bumpers polished, along with the chrome air cleaner, valve covers, and exhaust tips. Took tools, lawn chair, and two piece OEM style trunk mat out of the trunk. Cleaned and treated the vinyl top with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Cleaned and detailed the trunk lid and rear deck area, and the hood. All I have left on the outside are the sides, and the wheels. I wanted to make sure I got everything on the rear end done, because I don't have enough space with the garage door closed to get to it. Not much to do on the interior except for a light dusting and vacuum, along with filling the interior and under the hood with several Bounce dryer sheets. I am a believer they repel mice.

Came in at 1330 did my cardio workout, took a shower, and was ready by 1530 to take my wife to pick up a dining room set she's going to refinish. This is the first I've sat since 0800, should sleep well tonight, except for nightmares of still not having our credit cards.

After dinner (Chili Mac), I sat down and did a little review of my car season.
Here's a few stats:
- 34 total events attended
- 19 events were non-judged cruise-ins
- 15 events were judged shows
- Placed in 10 of the 15 judged shows
- Total mileage driven was 1,390- miles, up about 280-miles from the 2021 season

Honestly, I am not tired of, or burnt out on the car scene whatsoever, and I'm sorry that it's coming to an end for this year. The vast majority of car owners and spectators that attend events around here are wonderful people, and just a joy to be around and talk cars with.

Hope ya'll had a wonderful day!
Old November 10th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Mike - There's nothing easy about working on an International/Navistar VT-365 (Ford Power-Stroke 6.0L) diesel engine. The design engineers must have been smoking crack when they designed this thing.
Anyways, all done & buttoned up. Waiting on remnants of Nicole.
Nice job Norm, You da Man!
Old November 10th, 2022, 04:42 PM
Running On Empty

Chris - That's a slew of automotive events. I didn't realize you had attended so many. This is the first time I've sat down, as well. The tractor beat me up. I found the two fingers I lost a couple days ago - laying in a puddle of Dex/Merc ATF.
Old November 10th, 2022, 04:47 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Checked luggage only...

Old November 10th, 2022, 04:59 PM

John - Sounds like a good, and fun, plan playing hooky from work to get out in the H/O. I'm resigned at this point to not attending the Veterans Day event at the VA Hospital here on Saturday. I don't think it would be much fun with a high around 40°. Gonna start in tomorrow on cleaning the '67 up and putting her to sleep for the winter. Might take her out for a short spin before I start cleaning.
Put the positive stud back in the battery and stripped the threads. This is a cheap Chinese one that didn't have enough threads. I grabbed the other bolt I had had in there and it had too MANY threads and wouldn't seat the cable, and a washer was too wide, but a lock washer fit. Tight it went, got the other cheap Chinese stud in and fired the plant.

Went for a 25 mile drive, no new issues to report. Current issues include a lot of things that aren't driving critical. Took a picture at a stop, got home, plugged the wiper harnesses in, threw water on the windshield, ignition on....and the wipers went into action. I've got a persistent bad ground on the park relay, it seems, from this summer. Killed the power at a nice spot resembling "down" and unplugged them, then put the car in the garage. I'll put the cover on it tomorrow.

Old November 10th, 2022, 05:09 PM

Chris - That's a slew of automotive events. I didn't realize you had attended so many. This is the first time I've sat down, as well. The tractor beat me up. I found the two fingers I lost a couple days ago - laying in a puddle of Dex/Merc ATF.
Ya, it was a $hit-ton of events, and it was a very fun summer! Season started beginning of April and ran thru October, that is 7-months, times 4 weekends per month, is 28 weekends. I was going to at least 1 event every weekend (unless the weather didn't cooperate), and there were several weekends I went to two or more events. I think there were only 2 or 3 weekends the entire summer where a weekend was a total washout.
Old November 10th, 2022, 05:10 PM

Busy day. Got out and started in on cleaning the car around 0800. Stayed with it till around 1330. Got both bumpers polished, along with the chrome air cleaner, valve covers, and exhaust tips. Took tools, lawn chair, and two piece OEM style trunk mat out of the trunk. Cleaned and treated the vinyl top with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Cleaned and detailed the trunk lid and rear deck area, and the hood. All I have left on the outside are the sides, and the wheels. I wanted to make sure I got everything on the rear end done, because I don't have enough space with the garage door closed to get to it. Not much to do on the interior except for a light dusting and vacuum, along with filling the interior and under the hood with several Bounce dryer sheets. I am a believer they repel mice.

Came in at 1330 did my cardio workout, took a shower, and was ready by 1530 to take my wife to pick up a dining room set she's going to refinish. This is the first I've sat since 0800, should sleep well tonight, except for nightmares of still not having our credit cards.

After dinner (Chili Mac), I sat down and did a little review of my car season.
Here's a few stats:
- 34 total events attended
- 19 events were non-judged cruise-ins
- 15 events were judged shows
- Placed in 10 of the 15 judged shows
- Total mileage driven was 1,390- miles, up about 280-miles from the 2021 season

Honestly, I am not tired of, or burnt out on the car scene whatsoever, and I'm sorry that it's coming to an end for this year. The vast majority of car owners and spectators that attend events around here are wonderful people, and just a joy to be around and talk cars with.

Hope ya'll had a wonderful day!
That's a lot of shows. I did:

12 shows.
7 cruise ins.
4 judged shows
1 Hurst/Olds Nationals
Place in top 75 with 55 cars in attendance with my van, first time it has won a trophy.
850 on the H/O, 450 on the Monte Carlo, 262 on the Club Wagon with non local shows for 1558 miles or so, but that included a run to Lansing, MI.

The H/O is not going to Gettysburg next year.

Old November 10th, 2022, 05:26 PM

Put the positive stud back in the battery and stripped the threads. This is a cheap Chinese one that didn't have enough threads. I grabbed the other bolt I had had in there and it had too MANY threads and wouldn't seat the cable, and a washer was too wide, but a lock washer fit. Tight it went, got the other cheap Chinese stud in and fired the plant.

Went for a 25 mile drive, no new issues to report. Current issues include a lot of things that aren't driving critical. Took a picture at a stop, got home, plugged the wiper harnesses in, threw water on the windshield, ignition on....and the wipers went into action. I've got a persistent bad ground on the park relay, it seems, from this summer. Killed the power at a nice spot resembling "down" and unplugged them, then put the car in the garage. I'll put the cover on it tomorrow.

John - I know I've said this before, but it's worth saying again, I love your car! Sure would love to have one just like it! Glad you were able to get out for a cruise with no additional issues popping up. I wimped out, and decided not to take mine out. Thought hard about it, and decided the time I would've spent taking it out would be better spent at this point giving it a thorough cleaning before putting it away, and knew I had a limited time to work on it today as it was. It isn't like I haven't had it out much this summer!
Old November 10th, 2022, 05:44 PM

That's a lot of shows. I did:

12 shows.
7 cruise ins.
4 judged shows
1 Hurst/Olds Nationals
Place in top 75 with 55 cars in attendance with my van, first time it has won a trophy.
850 on the H/O, 450 on the Monte Carlo, 262 on the Club Wagon with non local shows for 1558 miles or so, but that included a run to Lansing, MI.

The H/O is not going to Gettysburg next year.
That's a bunch you got out to also! Your trek to Lansing was awesome! Question, I'm just guessing, but were the "12 shows" you listed actually judged shows, with an option to "Display Only"? Just trying to understand your terminology.
Old November 10th, 2022, 06:26 PM

Sorry, 12 total shows, of which 7 were cruise ins, 4 were judged, and one was a nationals meet.

The H/OCA nationals car show day is more of a party than a judged show.
Old November 10th, 2022, 06:28 PM

Also, I'm not sure I should count one cruise in because I drove my daily driver to look at a H/O for sale, then we went to the cruise in and I followed him, then hung out, then left.
Old November 10th, 2022, 07:05 PM

Sorry, 12 total shows, of which 7 were cruise ins, 4 were judged, and one was a nationals meet.

The H/OCA nationals car show day is more of a party than a judged show.
Got it, thanks, now I understand. Many of the judged shows around here also provide a "Display Only" option for no fee, or a reduced fee.
Old November 10th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Got it, thanks, now I understand. Many of the judged shows around here also provide a "Display Only" option for no fee, or a reduced fee.
Sheeeeeyit, I'd do that all the time. I could not care less about trophies.
Old November 11th, 2022, 01:46 AM

Chris/John that's a pile of shows you went to. BTW thanks for all of the pictures you brought to us. I love arm chair car shows Headed norte Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old November 11th, 2022, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris/John that's a pile of shows you went to. BTW thanks for all of the pictures you brought to us. I love arm chair car shows Headed norte Have a great weekend Olds friends
Jim - You're more than welcome for the car show pics! Getting to share the pics with others on this forum is just another part of my joy from the hobby. Safe travels and have a great weekend.
Old November 11th, 2022, 06:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

We have been cooking since coming in at 4. I signed 17 wheels on OT and 28 between 6 and break. We are in fine shape for leaving at lunch.

Back before digital cameras and the internet, I took pictures of just about every car at every show I went to. I have albums and albums of snapshots. Hard telling what I spent on developing all those over the years. Now that taking pictures is lightyears easier, I never do it. Hm. I can still go into those 30 year old albums and remember the shows those cars were at.

I'm installing this in my house.

Norm luckily my Cadillac doesn't have an International diesel in it. It does need valve cover gaskets and that will be the journey from hell. The 307 Olds from the 80s has about 50 miles of wires and vacuum hoses running all over the top of the engine. I think that's where the easy pictures come into play.

Still raining. It was supposed to stop last night. Eh, we could use it. I don't want my grass to start growing again. But sometimes things get dusty, dirty, icky, and ya have to say, gee, we need some rain to wash everything off.

Okay I see Awful house in my future. Hope everyone has a good day.

Old November 11th, 2022, 07:56 AM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Fun71
Another item I haven't bothered to renew, since I have not been asked / required to travel out of the country since 2018.