The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2023, 04:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
...easy to become a slave of your own stuff
Jim - Well said. Exactly.
Old May 18th, 2023, 05:25 PM

Well I finally after 5 years pulled the Cummins powered 62 Cutlass Roadster Royale Replica out of hibernation. She fired right up.
Facebook Post
Old May 18th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Running On Empty

‘Que Viva Mexico!’ (Netflix)
Over 3 hrs long. Rotten Tomato rates it 33% which may speak to why I’ll watch it to the end. I don’t agree w/ at least 50% of their reviews.
It’s twisted & boringly insane. Typical of Mexican families who reside in the Mexican desert, IMO. Crazed.
Old May 18th, 2023, 10:59 PM
GCH

Originally Posted by slantflat
This is not my bike, but it is exactly like it. I had some friends who rode and one guy had just gotten a new [something]Glide, and I wanted a bike and I chose the Fatboy from the brochure. Then went about getting one. Boy did it ride nice.
Nice bike Mike , also like Fatboy but should replace the wheels myself. We have a "poker run" here tomorrow and
since the wheater should be great i suspect a lot of bikes coming. It is the large motorcycle museum who have this
pokerrun so many riders from both Norway and Sweden are expected. All brands and cc size are welcome

Motorsykler på Magnor (bilnorge.no)

Old May 19th, 2023, 03:11 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Nice morning out. Not going to get too warm today, but of course rain. It's almost like the weather person is trying to make it rain. If she is she needs to be fired.

Good on you Norm for getting the car taken care of. Now you will have all this time to do your yardwork and finish it up, then you'll think gee I should get another car to tinker with.

Since it's Friday the number is more than it has been all week. A lot of people are off. No small wheels in site. Ya we're going to put out more wheels than normal. I should work tomorrow. My point has been made about the shitty overtime rules, I could use the extra money. Especially if we work Sunday, hard to turn down double time.

Okay Happy Friday everyone.

Old May 19th, 2023, 04:04 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Double-time (2 x $0.00) or triple-time (3 x $0.00) I struggle to get by. I could count on one hand the number of times someone wanted to buy something I owned which I didn't list for sale. This sale was like finding the bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Glenn - Are you riding in the Poker Run? The Skandinavisk Motorsykkel Center has a large display.

Mostly light to moderate rain all day today. A good day to organize, create a list & price the items I want to post in the Parts For Sale forum. I'll probably list an engine hoist & a concrete mixer for sale on CL, also. Going to be a lazy day.
Old May 19th, 2023, 04:07 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by rocket-rodney
Well I finally after 5 years pulled the Cummins powered 62 Cutlass Roadster Royale Replica out of hibernation. She fired right up.
https://www.facebook.com/1559473107/...3677252021677/
Rodney - That vehicle is wild. It must have taken tons of work. The only way I was able to view the video was to open the embedded page elements, find the Facebook URL link, copy the URL link & post into a separate Browser window because CO blocks Facebook embedded URLs.

However, when (if) someone "replies" to the (your) original post (as I did here), the URL link is not blocked in the reply and the actual embedded URL link can be visualized. One of the peculiarities of how CO & FB don't communicate. At any rate, everyone can now find and view your original post.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; May 19th, 2023 at 04:11 AM.
Old May 19th, 2023, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Arrived at their credit union @ 3PM, departed credit union @ 3:15PM (cashier's check in hand). Returned to my home, delivered vehicle, they existed my driveway @ 3:30PM. Deposited cashier's check at my bank @ 3:40PM. Funds available after midnight tonight. Time to finish mowing. The carrot cake has been consumed.

Nice cake. Do you miss the car any yet?
Old May 19th, 2023, 06:13 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Nice cake. Do you miss the car any yet?
I actually missed the car the moment I began detailing it for delivery.
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:01 AM
Jeff

I actually missed the car the moment I began detailing it for delivery.
Probably because you were not yet actively trying to sell the car. Congrats on the sale. I am surprised your text to them about the impending price increase actually lit the fire under their *****, but I suppose that is my own pessimism from my selling experience.
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:03 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Weezer
Probably because you were not yet actively trying to sell the car. Congrats on the sale. I am surprised your text to them about the impending price increase actually lit the fire under their *****, but I suppose that is my own pessimism from my selling experience.
It certainly created a fire.
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
Never underestimate the power of women's emotions.
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:05 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
Never underestimate the power of women's emotions.
You are spot-on w/ that statement. Watching Ms. Wet Panties drive away was nothing short of solid emotion.
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:20 AM
Always room for one more

When I was younger I must have thought of my cars as family because I would labor over whether or not to sell, when I wanted/needed to sell. Oddly enough as soon as I sold something and it was down the road, nothing. Although there have been times I'd say I wish I hadn't sold that. I must be over that because I decided I wanted to sell the Saturn and off it went, no troubles at all. I wish Wet Panties all the best.

I started out this morning without a wall guy. I figured it would be a long day sitting doing nothing. Now I have a wall guy, a pretty good one, and I'm back in the game. I also told the lead I'd work Saturday and Sunday, and then I took Monday off. Hey I gotta have one day to live.

A friend of mine is coming over tonight and we're gonna grab a bite and hang out a little. Should be a good time.

Old May 19th, 2023, 07:58 AM

I am in Warp Factor: Clean since I have company coming and I lost a week to the Rona. Took today off to clean, cook, work on car. Moving along at a decent clip.

I don't like selling cars. My Tacoma has a ton of miles and needs things. The deciding factor may be that it is not really replaceable with today's Tacomas. I may get an additional car.
Old May 19th, 2023, 08:26 AM
Always room for one more

That's how I think, John. Get another car when you need something different. Each car has its role. And it's easy to justify. My friend once had a Jeep and he was going to sell it, because he really didn't need it. I said he should keep it. He asked, what's its role? I said, its role is to be the Jeep. John I thought you had a Tundra.

Old May 19th, 2023, 09:55 AM

Wow Norm, congrats on the sale. I hope you stay with us here on the CO site.
Old May 19th, 2023, 10:10 AM

Rodney - That vehicle is wild. It must have taken tons of work. The only way I was able to view the video was to open the embedded page elements, find the Facebook URL link, copy the URL link & post into a separate Browser window because CO blocks Facebook embedded URLs.

However, when (if) someone "replies" to the (your) original post (as I did here), the URL link is not blocked in the reply and the actual embedded URL link can be visualized. One of the peculiarities of how CO & FB don't communicate. At any rate, everyone can now find and view your original post.
Thanks. It shows up on my end and I had no idea it wouldn't show up here.
Old May 19th, 2023, 11:40 AM

Good afternoon guys,

My wife had a nice B-day yesterday and we went out to dinner at one of our favorite places. It's been a busy week here with quite a few appointments and running around, but now we can catch our breath a bit.

I'm gearing up for a big 3-day car event in the smallish town of Festus, at the City Park only 10-miles from me. You could pre-register online, or register today or tomorrow morning. For the Car Show part of the event, it is drive thru judging this afternoon and tomorrow. I took my car down there this afternoon and registered, and then went thru the drive through judging. Tomorrow when I get there I can go straight to the show field and park without having to wait in separate lines for both registration and judging. It's a 3-day event because cars can still be displayed on Sunday morning and then awards are announced at noon. I don't think I'll take the car back down there on Sunday, I'll just drive our SUV and get there in time to see if I won anything. I really don't think I'll win anything because this show seems to be geared towards custom trucks, jeeps and other types of 4x4's, but ya never know? When I registered this morning I was #211, I imagine there will be well over 400 vehicles. When the show closes down tomorrow for the day at 5:00, all the vehicles will cruise Main St. into the evening, and the street will be packed with local spectators.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! It's supposed to be beautiful here, mid-70's and almost no chance of rain. Should be a really fun weekend.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 19th, 2023 at 02:29 PM.
Old May 19th, 2023, 12:15 PM
Running On Empty

Old May 19th, 2023, 12:48 PM

What a great show! I still enjoy watching reruns! I loved the character Festus, and his predecessor Chester (Dennis Weaver).
Old May 19th, 2023, 02:43 PM

Here's a link to the 3-day car event and show if anyone wants to check it out?

https://www.relaxininthepark.com/
Old May 19th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Running On Empty

I was very fond of both James Arness (Aurness) & his younger brother Peter Graves (Arness). Not many realized they were brothers. I dropped them both into PowerPoint for a side-by-side. Good guys.

Old May 19th, 2023, 04:54 PM

I was very fond of both James Arness (Aurness) & his younger brother Peter Graves (Arness). Not many realized they were brothers. I dropped them both into PowerPoint for a side-by-side. Good guys.
My Dad pointed out to me when I was very young that they were brothers. I found it hard to believe, but you can sure see it when you put the two of them side by side like that.
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Norm

Old May 19th, 2023, 07:36 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Greg - Thanks. I missed your post earlier. Was putting together a list of items/parts to sell. I’m planning to stick around for some time y’all are a good group of folks.
Old May 20th, 2023, 08:27 AM
GCH

Glenn - Are you riding in the Poker Run? The Skandinavisk Motorsykkel Center has a large display.
Yes Norm , we had a very nice motorcyckel day at the poker run , nice wheater and many different bikes.
We drove in both Norway and Sweden . Have seen that you sold your nice Cutlass so congrats for
that but i could understand that,s not easy to sell something you like.

And as Greg wrote , hope you stay with us here at CO

Finally we got the as%ho%e badger in our trap so now it have been calmly (?) some weeks.

Old May 20th, 2023, 08:39 AM

New pet?
Old May 20th, 2023, 08:39 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by GCH
Finally we got the as%ho%e badger in our trap so now it have been calmly (?) some weeks.
Glenn - European badgers are supposed to be a delicacy and the taste is supposed to be delicious. Personally, I'd eat it.
Old May 20th, 2023, 08:44 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by otto72
Keith - Thanks for that. I think you knew the first automobile I owned was a 1967 4-4-2 (from 1969 to 1973). I loved that car. Purchased in 1969 w/ 17K miles on it in perfect condition for $1695. Oh my...oh my.
Old May 20th, 2023, 09:12 AM

Keith - Thanks for that. I think you knew the first automobile I owned was a 1967 4-4-2 (from 1969 to 1973). I loved that car. Purchased in 1969 w/ 17K miles on it in perfect condition for $1695. Oh my...oh my.
Yes I recall you fondly remembering and sharing some stories. Congrats on the next chapter.
Old May 20th, 2023, 09:20 AM
Running On Empty

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by otto72
yes i recall you fondly remembering and sharing some stories. Congrats on the next chapter.
👍👍👍
Old May 20th, 2023, 10:57 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by rocket-rodney
Thanks. It shows up on my end and I had no idea it wouldn't show up here.
Some of the guys may not have seen your car.

62 Cutlass - 32 Roadster Royale Replica
Old May 20th, 2023, 11:38 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I had planned on going in for overtime today and tomorrow, and had even gone as far as taking Monday off so I had some time to myself, but all that was for naught. I was sick as a dog last night and there was no way I was going in. I feel better now but I've been lollygagging around all day.

I didn't know Peter Graves and James Arness were brothers. Probably a lot of that in Hollywood that we don't know because they use different names. Like Charlie Sheen and his brother Emilio Esteves.

I'm just gonna lay low today, get some strength back, and maybe get something done tomorrow. Overcast today but a nice temperature. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old May 20th, 2023, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Probably a lot of that in Hollywood that we don't know because they use different names. Like Charlie Sheen and his brother Emilio Esteves.

I saw this in the credits for the movie when I watched it. Laughed quite a bit at it.

Found this online.

Last edited by Fun71; May 20th, 2023 at 11:59 AM.
Old May 20th, 2023, 03:55 PM

Hi guys,

As I suspected, the Car/Truck Show I went to today was heavily focused on Custom Trucks and 4x4's. There was also a fair amount of nice classic cars there also. Here's a link to the pics if you want to check them out.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...8/#post1499496

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; May 20th, 2023 at 04:15 PM.
Old May 20th, 2023, 03:57 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
There were.a.gair amount,,,
"...were.a.gair..." how did spell-check manage THAT one!
Old May 20th, 2023, 04:14 PM

"...were.a.gair..." how did spell-check manage THAT one!
Hell, I don't know, leave it.to me???
Old May 21st, 2023, 04:25 AM

Ahh back to Harrison. Good to be home, amazing how many things need to be done in spring that have piled up around here. I need to get Olds out and cruise around. Its ready to go but dirty, well with all the dust around here now I'll prolly take it out as it is. I got 09 truck started for about 5 mins, but the got Red Cross call of a fire here in Harrison, then leaving next day for RC in Marquette, so truck got turned off and battery disconnected and sat for 2 weeks. Hope to get back to it today... Having guests next weekend so need to get dock and boat in this week. It will feel good to be productive. Have a good one guys....
Old May 21st, 2023, 04:52 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - I know how it goes - the anticipation of summer beginning when the dock & boat get put back in the water. Enjoy prepping for Memorial Day weekend.