The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2023, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Ahh back to Harrison.
Greg - Glad you're home safe and sound, it's always a great feeling to be home after time away!
Old May 21st, 2023, 02:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Been a funny day weatherwise. Started out misting and cloudy, then it was sunny, then cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy. Now it's sunny again. Supposed to be a nice week.

I've been thinking about selling my big Cadillac. It needs an alternator, which is a piece of cake. Otherwise it runs like a champ and drives like a dream. Trouble is, everyone has moved past the big Cadillacs now and it also needs a paint job. My thought was if I can't give it away(figuratively) I'd pull the motor out and see if a Hurst Olds person wants it, it's the same roller motor. I'd keep the 200R trans for one of my Cutlass's. See if I could part the rest. It's a shame to part out a running, driving car but heck.

Back to work tomorrow. Gotta work 5 days and then next week it's four because of Memorial Day.

Well Mom has dinner about done. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old May 21st, 2023, 07:24 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - R&R the Alt, list it for sale, someone will take it. Pulling engine + trans then attempting to sell the engine is more work. Sit on it until it sells.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:08 AM

Mike, I'm gonna agree with Norm. I even have a live one coming to look at the Vista BTW I think your FB account has been HACKED I got on eof those look who died notices from you last night
Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I'm sorry Jamesbo. It took me half the night to get it straightened out. Not sure what I clicked on but what a cluster. I don't know what the hackers possibly gained by keeping me out of bed on a school night.

Norm you know what's funny about that car, it sat out in a hail storm and it has little dents all over the hood and trunk lid. It was under a pine tree and pine tar got all in the top and ruined it, it isn't ripped up just faded and funky. I took the car to a body shop near me and said I wanted to have the hail dents fixed and the top surfaces repainted. The guy said he wasn't interested in the job! Said the car wasn't worth it, and it had been repainted anyway. I left scratching my head. First off, the car is original as can be, why would he say it was repainted. And why would that matter? And was his business so good he could pick and choose what he works on? I wasn't asking him to work miracles. Odd.

I guess I missed out on quite the spectacle on Saturday. Lots of people came in at 4, and most of them left at 8. The lead was not happy. He's still not happy and we're going to get a stern talking to after 830 break.

Okay Monday is upon us. I hope everyone has a good day.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:32 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Sounds like the perfect car for a starving college kid or 1st time fixer-upper for a young'n.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:36 AM
Always room for one more

No, a perfect car for a starving kid or first time car is anything 4 door with a Slant 6. Not fast, can't kill it, relatively economical. Although, if you ask me, everyone needs a 4 door with a Slant 6. Don't need a radio(the solid lifters keep you company) and it can be very humbling.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:51 AM
Running On Empty

Looking forward to a replay of your lead's verbal melt-down after the 0830 break.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 04:46 AM

Mike, Play dis fer de lead
Old May 22nd, 2023, 04:53 AM
Always room for one more

So I just got a message from Martha. She was one of the people who got a spam from my fb account. Her message to me, Yes Mike I knew him, he was one of my favorites at Awful house. I'm wondering if I should reply and ask her just what that link said. Everyone else said it was spam.

Jamesbo I'm going to play that in the background while he's talking.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 07:20 AM
Always room for one more

Well the talking down to was a big disappointment. It was only 3 people who left early, and the beef was that they had said something to the lead earlier but he had forgotten. So all he said was if you can't come in and work what you're supposed to, don't come in. That was it.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 07:41 AM
Running On Empty

Took the Indian to drop off a parcel at the USPO, stopped by the local coffee/brew shop for a cappuccino, went for a very short ride and now heading to walk 18 - tee-time @ 12:45pm. Gorgeous weather.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 08:48 AM

You need to ride the Indian more. Perhaps you will run into the biker equivalent of Wet Panties and have a sale be presented to you on this vehicle, too.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 08:59 AM

Had friends visit for the weekend. Took Friday off and cleaned madly to try to get house presentable because I missed the week I was going to do that with the Rona.

Cleaned house, and made a persimmon pudding with the last of the pulp, and made a lasagna, both my Mom's recipes. Went over well.

Drove us to Owensboro for H/O Day. Wipers are still fubar, and car still has its unfixed issues, but we got there and back ok. I'll put pics up for H/O Day in another thread.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Had friends visit for the weekend. Took Friday off and cleaned madly to try to get house presentable because I missed the week I was going to do that with the Rona.

Cleaned house, and made a persimmon pudding with the last of the pulp, and made a lasagna, both my Mom's recipes. Went over well.

Drove us to Owensboro for H/O Day. Wipers are still fubar, and car still has its unfixed issues, but we got there and back ok. I'll put pics up for H/O Day in another thread.
John - The food looks delicious and sounds like you were a great host! I see other classics in the background, was the show/event more than just H/O's? Glad your car got ya there and back with no major issues!
Old May 22nd, 2023, 12:33 PM

Chris, show was the normal monthly cruise in at Ritzy's that a local man who just sold his 68 H/O, formerly of his dad's, invites people to for H/O Day. H/O Day is a do it yourself, we'll send you a dash form, H/O celebration that is intended to be regional for members of the H/OCA and others. It is often appended to an existing car show.

This car show had maybe 40 other cars. There was a built Reliant I took pics for Mike in there.

I can't east as much as I used to, that double cheeseburger and fries about beat me.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:21 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
You need to ride the Indian more. Perhaps you will run into the biker equivalent of Wet Panties and have a sale be presented to you on this vehicle, too.
Not a bad idea…
Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:23 PM
Running On Empty

John - Nice job on the cooking.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:24 PM
Running On Empty

41/41 Windy
Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:47 PM
Always room for one more

Got a call that I can pick up the SRX. They fixed the sunroof and the tire pressure system, and they have to order a gear for the folding mirror. I gotta take it back June 2. I can't imagine that the Cadillac place doesn't have one and they couldn't just run over and get it. They probably order from Rock Auto.

John do the HOs have reflective paint or is it tape? Or does it just look reflective? Many moons ago I saw a convertible with full graphics just out cruising downtown Chicago. Summer with the top down. Looked nice.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:58 PM

Norm, I am a little surprised you haven't said a thing about the Pro who [If my calculator is right ] just got enough winnings to cover over 3000 lessons at his club. Not to mention an ace
Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:03 PM
Always room for one more

Love the Valiant. If I weren't so smitten with the 68s I'd surely have a 66. I think that's the nicest looking front end of the early cars, and the best early Barracuda.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:15 PM

Mike, the H/Os vary over the years, but the '72 has decals and they should be both reflective and fade-away. My car, the front one in the pic, has the correct reproduction decals. The next car has incorrect reproductions that are brown gold and do not fade. I however, have an incorrect roof, canted door text, and the trunk lid is both the wrong lid and the badge is in the wrong location. These cars were effectively dealer mods, so a little variety is excused.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 04:07 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, I am a little surprised you haven't said a thing about the Pro who [If my calculator is right ] just got enough winnings to cover over 3000 lessons at his club. Not to mention an ace
I may recall this vaguely from several days ago? Although, perhaps not. Refresh my memory.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I may recall this vaguely from several days ago? Although, perhaps not. Refresh my memory.
PGA Club Pro Michael Block who had qualified for the PGA Championship, had a hole-in-one on Sunday, and I think finished in a tie for 15th overall winning approximately $300K.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 04:15 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
PGA Club Pro Michael Block who had qualified for the PGA Championship, had a hole-in-one on Sunday, and I think finished in a tie for 15th overall winning approximately $300K.
That explains it. I watched none of the PGA Championship; although, I think I heard about it somewhere on the news. Thanks.
Old May 23rd, 2023, 03:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

The lead isn't here so things will go smoothly. We have a reduced number today, which always tells me the inflated number is our lead's pipe dream, not what's needed.

Nothing else going on. Maybe something will come up later on. It's Tuesday and it's raining.

Have a good day everyone.

Old May 23rd, 2023, 09:00 AM
Always room for one more

Wow. Nine whole wheels at lunch. My wall guy is usually pretty good, a bit slow but this is ridiculous. It's like he's trying to not work. My robot guy is new to the robot so he's slow as well. Eh, I get paid the same.

Gotta take Mom to the doctor after work. That means Awful house for dinner. Didn't make it there all weekend. Trying to remember if I went last weekend.

Tomorrow is Charles Taylor's birthday. I'm sure I've mentioned this before. Charles Taylor was the Wright Brothers' mechanic, arguably the first A&P mechanic. Every year the company has a big to-do with food and vendors and it's a good excuse to go get lost for a couple hours and not work.

Well I just signed two wheels, that should do me for an hour or so(sigh). I've reached the end of the interet a couple times, maybe I'll just take a nap.

Old May 23rd, 2023, 11:47 AM

Norm, Brock got offered 50K for the 7 iron he used to make the ACE, i would let mine fot for 1/3 of that
Old May 23rd, 2023, 12:27 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, Brock got offered 50K for the 7 iron he used to make the ACE, i would let mine fot for 1/3 of that
Maybe throw in a 69 VC to sweeten the deal?
Old May 23rd, 2023, 01:58 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo when was that guy coming to see the VC?

I really need to go somewhere, or do something for myself, or have some fun. Everything irritates me these days. I could feel ire building in me when my wall guy was slacking off today. Normally that doesn't bother me, especially since I like this guy awful well and I think he's having baby-mama trouble. But damn, he acts just like another that disappears for long spells and doesn't do his work, and this guy is at the forefront of saying things about him. Anyway, I usually cut my favorites some slack but not today. And I'm guessing not tomorrow.

Nice out this afternoon. The computer said it was raining all day, and I couldn't tell being in the bunker, but when I'd walk past the roll up door it didn't look like it. Hm.

Old May 24th, 2023, 02:35 AM

Mike, Hès spose to come next weekend. He was going to show Monday, but things got crossed up.
Old May 24th, 2023, 03:07 AM
Running On Empty

Caught between two frontal systems I suspect most of the central to Eastern states cooled down considerably last night. It was 59°F @ 0530. Tee-time 0836.
Old May 24th, 2023, 03:34 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Norm it did seem a little chillier than usual this morning but still pleasant. Supposed to get to the 80s today, rain is done until Sunday.

I asked my wall guy if he got over what was ailing him yesterday, I left out the part there obviously was something for him to be performing so poorly, and he said there was nothing ailing him but there was this morning. He didn't think it would affect him, though. He must be right, he's started working before an hour after the real start time.

Going to get the SRX after work tonight. They said they'd send a Lyft for me but I really don't trust those services. Too many time I've heard the passengers get robbed, or beat up, or whatever. I'll take my trailer, thanks, and not worry about the child locks being set so I can't get out.

Okay one wheel already. Nothing can stop us now! Hope everyone has a good day.

Old May 24th, 2023, 08:58 AM

Retired 5-years ago today, it doesn’t seem like it could possibly be that long ago! Yikes!
Old May 24th, 2023, 09:47 AM
Always room for one more

Chris I know what I was doing 5 years ago, too. Standing in line for food at AMT day. I actually don't remember the day, but I know that's what I was doing.

So lunch was okay, not terrific. But when you're making lunch for 10,000 people it was okay. The gift we're getting is a little replica light up sign that says Fly Delta Jets. It's supposed to be the sign that's on top of the hangar.

Pretty out. Part of the line was outside so we got to see sunlight. Food was served in a bay where Chrome 6 used to be sprayed. At least the doors were open.

Don't ask me why that picture is on there.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
IMG_0818.zip (3.46 MB, 7 views)
Old May 24th, 2023, 10:03 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - This picture?

Old May 24th, 2023, 10:05 AM

Made a meatloaf. Turned out well for dinner last night.
Old May 24th, 2023, 10:08 AM
Always room for one more

Ya Norm that's it. I don't know why I have it, and I don't know how it got attached to my post. Actually I was trying to attach something else that didn't work, but I didn't intend on the pickup picture to go up. Odd.

John that looks like good meatloaf. Mom wouldn't leave drippings in the pan, she'd take them out. My neighbor would leave all the drippings in and make gravy. Both of them yummy.

Old May 24th, 2023, 10:08 AM
Running On Empty

John - The meatloaf looks delicious. I'm eating a Jimmy John's East Coast Italian sub - delicious, also.