The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:51 PM

The 327 debuted in 1962 (Corvette), so 283 is incorrect, the 350 in 1967.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

This shows the 283 as available in '66 http://www.carnut.com/specs/gen/chv66.html

Last edited by GAOldsman; March 2nd, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM

I read it wrong!, I was thinking largest small block, not smallest small block...my bad! And even then I was waaayyy off!
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

It's all good, for a minute I was second guessing myself
Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Also the question is "What is the smallest GM .... so I had to go look at Poncho & Buick to be sure
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everybody.

Some day I had and I never left home. First I couldn't get the Suburban to charge up to get it started. Then it wouldn't stay running unless I kept on the gas. No problem I thought, it's been sitting awhile. Got it disconnected and out of the way. Got the black truck hooked up, but it sits up high and the trailer is low so I couldn't see the trailer and got it wedged into the side of one of the parts cars. At this point I called Scot and said I'd have to see him another day. Took me a little while to pull the fender of the trailer off the tire so it would turn again.

So I decided that since I had both trucks out I'd try to rearrange the driveway so I'd have a little better place to work, got a couple things taken out but could only get it to go back the same way. So everything is the same. Oh and at some point I backed over the mailbox so I get to reset it in new concrete tomorrow.

Cold today. About 40 with a wicked little breeze. No sun either. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold but sunny. That will help.

I know what the problem was. When I got to the Awful house this morning the counter was full and I had to sit at a table all by myself. My mojo was off.

Good answers for the quiz, Scot. There's a similar one that goes around once in a while for people from Chicago. One question is, complete this song: 588_________

Found some dry firewood and now it's up over 70 in here tonight. Cozy. I think I'll hit the sack a little early tonight.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:08 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
My mojo was off.
Yeah I know how you feel
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool an clear down ere.

Dat Scots a regular whiz bang southern boy.

Allan, Not to be a smart a$$ but to us ever one of dem answers falls under the catagory of "Comon knowledge'

Mike, I hate days like dat. Sum times it seems to harder ya try de mo behind cha gets.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's snowing here today. Temps around 28. Supposed to get in the 40's towards the weekend.

I haven't done much. Yesterday I went to the BMV and got new tags for Tincanio and the Intrigue. $110.00. Only stood in line for 20 minutes, wasn't bad. Then on the way home I decided I'd stop by and see Bob at the body shop since I haven't seen him since early fall. So I took him away from the Mustang on the rotisserie that he's been working on for awhile now. He has a nice 55 Chebby in there too that he's gonna be painting. One day, Teepo will be in there..... I visited about an hour or so and came home. Did some cleaning. Larry and I went down to Paninis last night and got a pizza. It was soooo good!

I feel like crap today. I was gonna go take Lin shopping, but I ain't goin out of the house. I have an awful headache and I ache all over. No fever though. So I'm just gonna lay on the couch today. Nicole isn't home this morning, so she must have spent the night at one of her friends.

Sorry to hear about your bad day, Mike. I hate days like that.

Well you all have a good one.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Another chilly one today and we even saw a snow flake or three this mawnin ere but nothing doing thank goodness.

Jamesbo the only question I think may be wrong is the last one Although I put the obvious to me answer
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone, for the mean time.

Slow to get going this morning. Got up with the dogs at 7 then went back to bed until after 10. Another cold, windy, gloomy day out. I decided to try my luck with Lucky Charms this morning rather than the Awful house. Can't go wrong with Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious.

Sandy I hate to think what my bill for plates will be this year. Last year it was over 500, I think that was for 6 cars. If I read that new legislation right it should be much less this year, but if the State can stick it to you, they will.

Scot my guess for the last question is, shade.

Well I gotta make something of this day. Tomorrow I have errands to run but that's tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM

Scot, If'in ya wanta quibble, I 'd call de whole Florida Panhandle de Red neck Riviera.

Do ya think de may be talk'in 'bout plant'in shade tobacco?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
NOVICE car nut

I decided to try my luck with Lucky Charms this morning rather than the Awful house. Can't go wrong with Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious.
They're magic alright .... Watch your teeth disappear Don't let them get soggy .
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Always room for one more

So Bryan you say they make your teeth disappear and then you put next to it. I'd call that a contradiction

I don't get many of the charms anyway. I end up giving them to the dogs. Boy do they have a sweet tooth.

So instead of going outside and doing work, I've been reading a thread on here that started out, where's A1 Tony and so far has Sandy and the Col. going back and forth over who's car is prettier. There were two more pages to go when I saw the sun poke its head out, so that will have to be read later.

Did I say sun? Eh, there it goes. I do see a little blue sky peeking out around the clouds.

Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
GM Enthusiast

So instead of going outside and doing work, I've been reading a thread on here that started out, where's A1 Tony and so far has Sandy and the Col. going back and forth over who's car is prettier. There were two more pages to go when I saw the sun poke its head out, so that will have to be read later.

Did I say sun? Eh, there it goes. I do see a little blue sky peeking out around the clouds.

Mike, Did you ever notice that the more work you do, the more you have to do?lol
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Cutlass Lover

Mike... I love Lucky Charms. One of my favorite cereals. I had them last week. I hope you're enjoying the thread with The Colonel. We had soooooo much fun with that! He was such a s*it!!

Feb. 10th was 2 years since he died. I sure miss his sense of humor. I miss Blue, too.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Just thought I'd tell you about a pizza mishap I just had. I had a coupon for a large two topping pizza and I called and was put on eternal hold. So I hung up and ordered online. The website seemed to want me to load up my pizza with lots of extras, of which I wanted none, so I didn't select any. But with that I didn't select what I did want, and when I got home wondered for a moment why I only had a cheese pizza. Oh well, it is pizza and it is good.

Yes Darrell the more I have to do the more I have to do. Doesn't seem quite fair, I wonder who I should complain to.

Sandy, I just read in that thread that Blue Vista is less than a mile as the Cookabura flies. How come you never go over there and see him? You want me to go with you?

It's frickin' freezing outside and cold in the house. I think I'll just go to bed instead of building a fire. Or I'll sit here with my coat on. Sixty-six is warm when it's outside, why is it so damn cold when it's inside?

Have a good night everyone and I hope your week starts out well.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Mike... I love Lucky Charms. One of my favorite cereals. I had them last week.
My kids love it too Sandy. The only problem is that they only eat the charms and leave the rest of it in the box!
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawning All

Colder than a well digger's shovel dis mawnin Supposed to fair up nicely today hopefully the wind has exited stage left

There are some really good people on this forum and there are some that just seem to be negative in every post. What gets my going is someone bashing another member's car. Especially if they are trying to sell it here on a for sale thread. I really don't understand the purpose of being able to post on someone's for sale thread period Sure this is a discussion forum but shouldn't the discussions be done here General Discussion ? Why would someone that isn't even interested in purchasing the car bash someones thread with negativity that could possibly cost the OP the sale? The '69 W31 thread is what I am referring to and I guess I have ranted enough this mawnin

Where is Clint? I hope the coyotes didn't turn the tables

Old March 4th, 2013, 04:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Tis a frosy mawn'in down ere. Can't get out on de course til de frost melts away.Could be 10:00 or 11:00 Gonna need my long handles out that dis mawn'in.

Mike, a few weeks ago de poor pizza delivery guy put anchovies all over de pizza when de super model only wnated dem on half. I thought she was gonna send him off de porch singing soprano.

I haven't eaten any cereal since I was a kid an ya used to split de side of does single serving boxes open fold back 2 flaps, and pour your milk in de box and eat it right out de side of de box. Hadn't thought 'bout dat since Hector was a cadet.

Jes 'bout every mawn'in I have a bagel wit nova. [when I don't have sausage and biscuits]

Scot, I can't remember if you were around when I sold de burnt up H/O. what people said [who had never seen the car] made me sick

Have a wonderful Monday Olds friends
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:23 AM
NOVICE car nut

So Bryan you say they make your teeth disappear and then you put next to it. I'd call that a contradiction

I don't get many of the charms anyway. I end up giving them to the dogs. Boy do they have a sweet tooth.
Oh , I see , you'll just ruin the dogs teeth then ? No wonder they escaped your house . They're past full on energy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
There are some really good people on this forum and there are some that just seem to be negative in every post. What gets my going is someone bashing another member's car. Especially if they are trying to sell it here on a for sale thread. I really don't understand the purpose of being able to post on someone's for sale thread period Sure this is a discussion forum but shouldn't the discussions be done here General Discussion ? Why would someone that isn't even interested in purchasing the car bash someones thread with negativity that could possibly cost the OP the sale?
Especially when they go into the thread to correct spelling / pronunciation . I admit that I'm not very good with spelling or putting comma's where they belong and so forth , but that's not the point of this forum . This aint no english class .
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

THE SUN HAS RISEN!!! God it's nice to see it! Temps at 22 degrees. Supposed to get up to around 34 then some kinda wintery mix coming in tonight and tomorrow. The weather lady said last night that we had temps in the high 50's the first of March last year, and was in the 70's on St. Patty's day. I remember how nice it was. We are waaayyy below normal temps this year, and have been all season.

Mike..... Blue is more than a mile away, lol. I was gonna stop in when I was out his way last summer in Teepo, but we were in the middle of one of those stupid pop up thunderstorms getting poured on, and I passed his road right up. Him and Laura are kind of private people, I don't know about just dropping in. But I have thought about it many times! I might take Teepo out there when I get her out of storage in the spring.

Scot.... I think that's a big reason Blue isn't on the forum anymore. Some of the guys and comments really irritated him. The 'know -it- alls' really got under his skin. I don't like some of the crap I read either.... Some people just can't keep their mouths shut. If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!!!

I just finished the last of the Lucky Charms I had here, lol. Magically delicious!!! I brought in some Life cereal for this week. I love cereal.

Well you all have a great Monday!
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Scot.... I think that's a big reason Blue isn't on the forum anymore. Some of the guys and comments really irritated him. The 'know -it- alls' really got under his skin. I don't like some of the crap I read either.... Some people just can't keep their mouths shut. If ya don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!!!
You are 100% correct Sandy and it is very annoying. I miss Blue, he was very knowledgeable and hilarious to say the least.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Always room for one more

Uh, Bryan.....

Good morning everyone.

Scot I'm with you. I've been reading Stephano's thread and some of those guys are completely out of line. But it isn't personal, they are out of line with everyone. Perhaps when the car sells Stephano could collect the difference of what he didn't get because of their inappropriate comments. Not necessarily meaning cash here. Now that the big guns have been called out maybe things will settle down.

Jamesbo I remember those cereal boxes. They came all wrapped up about 8 of them to a package, all different kinds. I wouldn't be kind to anyone who put anchovies on my pizza, either.

Plenty to do today, so it's off to Awful house to get started. I've been thinking about that LoMelt crap. I think today I will have them make my food in something that is better for me, like butter.

And as far as punctuation, Bryan, there's no apostrophe in commas. What you have is called a grocer's comma and isn't correct, and there is an apostrophe in ain't, which is an incorrect word as well. Even if it were correct, ain't is a contraction of am not, which doesn't make sense in your sentence. Yes I saw the mischief face at the end.

Have a good day everyone.
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:52 AM
CQR

Morning all. Finally got a clear shot at one of the pesky yotes. Dropped it but not a good kill. It got up and headed off into the park. Put Brittney thru a workout yesterday. Started with a machine glaze, then put some hand glaze on her and then a coat of Mothers. washed the car cover and get her covered back up. Spring is coming even tho its snowing right now.

I'm still around Scot. Life is just a little tough right now. (More than usual) I have to get the shop opened up and I promise to let you all in on it.

Have a great day all.
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:36 AM
NOVICE car nut

Uh, Bryan.....And as far as punctuation, Bryan, there's no apostrophe in commas. What you have is called a grocer's comma and isn't correct, and there is an apostrophe in ain't, which is an incorrect word as well. Even if it were correct, ain't is a contraction of am not, which doesn't make sense in your sentence. Yes I saw the mischief face at the end.
.... My point exactly , check mate . Ha Ha ! ... Don't worry I really do get it .
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Mike & Jamesbo, you mean the Kel-Bowl-Pak. We grew up stabbing those boxes and having the milk pour all over us when you went to drink it at the end. My favorites as a kid were (#1) Cocoa Crispies and (#2) Fruit Loops. (Oot-fray oops-lay). (I know what it means!)

Now I'm a spoon-size swedded wheat guy. But Great Grains and Banana Nut Crunch ain't bad, neither.

Mike, you just pierced Bryan's heart with your pen.... remember it's mightier than the sword. I still say you need to expand your horizons and start goin' to IHOP. They use butter . (Go ahead... rip away... I deserve it. )

It were chili dis' mawnin in da' swamp; 37 (not as chilly as most of you guys, I'm sure; you know who you are, you Ohioans, Georgians, Coloradans (is that what ur called?), and Canadians, not to mention New Yorkers (Chrysler?).

I burnt up quite a few logs in the fireplace over the weekend. One day I'm gonna need somebody to come look up (or down) our chimney; I doubt it's ever been done. It draws like a Hoover now; but I'd feel better having it inspected at least once.

Well, my retirement plans may be under review; I think they're making me an offer I can't refuse: a 32-hour work-week, Tues thru Fri. I could definitely live with dat for a while... especially iffin' my better half quits her job and I don't have to go to the CBD every afternoon and get stuck in da' I-10 traffic pickin' her up.

Of course, I'd incur a concomitant (50-cent word, Bryan?) cut in pay (20%); but benefits would stay the same. But I could really reset my breakers every weekend.

Y'all have a great Mun-Dae.

Jamesbo I remember those cereal boxes. They came all wrapped up about 8 of them to a package, all different kinds. I wouldn't be kind to anyone who put anchovies on my pizza, either.

Plenty to do today, so it's off to Awful house to get started. I've been thinking about that LoMelt crap. I think today I will have them make my food in something that is better for me, like butter.

And as far as punctuation, Bryan, there's no apostrophe in commas. What you have is called a grocer's comma and isn't correct, and there is an apostrophe in ain't, which is an incorrect word as well. Even if it were correct, ain't is a contraction of am not, which doesn't make sense in your sentence. Yes I saw the mischief face at the end.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 4th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

An OLD Friend Chimes In

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Cool an clear down ere.

Dat Scots a regular whiz bang southern boy.

Allan, Not to be a smart a$$ but to us ever one of dem answers falls under the catagory of "Comon knowledge'

Mike, I hate days like dat. Sum times it seems to harder ya try de mo behind cha gets.

Have a great day Olds friends
Hello, old friend.... I'm back for awhile. Don

Last edited by Ddbord; March 4th, 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Morning All!

It's snowing here today. Temps around 28. Supposed to get in the 40's towards the weekend.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``
Hi CutlassGal.... I hope to get back on this forum if'n you guys want me... Don

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
I haven't done much. Yesterday I went to the BMV and got new tags for Tincanio and the Intrigue. $110.00. Only stood in line for 20 minutes, wasn't bad. Then on the way home I decided I'd stop by and see Bob at the body shop since I haven't seen him since early fall. So I took him away from the Mustang on the rotisserie that he's been working on for awhile now. He has a nice 55 Chebby in there too that he's gonna be painting. One day, Teepo will be in there..... I visited about an hour or so and came home. Did some cleaning. Larry and I went down to Paninis last night and got a pizza. It was soooo good!

I feel like crap today. I was gonna go take Lin shopping, but I ain't goin out of the house. I have an awful headache and I ache all over. No fever though. So I'm just gonna lay on the couch today. Nicole isn't home this morning, so she must have spent the night at one of her friends.

Sorry to hear about your bad day, Mike. I hate days like that.

Well you all have a good one.
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well Don!! Welcome back! Where you been? We've wondered about you. Hope all is ok with you and Marilyn? Let us know what's been going on.
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:05 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Welcome back Don How's everything over in S.C.?
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Always room for one more

OMG Hey Don how's everything? How's your lovely wife? Glad you're still kickin' .

I forgot to say earlier that today is my 19th anniversary with Delta. I can remember my first day like it was yesterday. I didn't hire into maintenance, I hired into Baggage Service. That lasted about two days. Then I swapped with someone and was on the ramp, then got into maintenance three years later.

Actually John that was me getting a little pissy with Bryan over what he said about my dogs. Yes I'm sure it was innocent and playful, but two things you don't say to me are anything about my dogs, and you don't insult my Mother. That's on par with standing in the rain involuntarily.

John I've been to IHOP already in this blue moon. You know I don't remember why I don't like IHOP. It must be suppressed and pushed way back in the memory banks. Usually when I go there I get decent food, but I just don't like going there. I know that's odd. I did indeed have my food cooked in butter this morning, it actually had a better flavor. I don't think I'm moving any slower today, though. They said they'd cook food in that spray stuff that goes on the waffle iron. I said it reminds me of spray for bowling shoes.

So it's beautiful out and sunny. I even had the top rolled back a little in the Fiat while I was running errands this morning. I got everything I need for Australia, including my ETA and my International Drivers License is still good from last year. I need to do some things outside, but I don't feel like doing anything. I think I'll go play with the dogs outside and maybe pick up some sticks to start the fire with tonight.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Well Don!! Welcome back! Where you been? We've wondered about you. Hope all is ok with you and Marilyn? Let us know what's been going on.
My beautiful wife of 32 years passed away on October 22nd. She would have been 83 yrs. old on November 24th. I took care of her for most of the year until Hospice came in and took over for 6 months until she died. I had hired CNA's to nurse her 24/7. She had the best care possible. She had dementia and it kept affecting her brain until her body failed to function. The cause of death was "Failure to Thrive."

I was broken-hearted. After Marly's funeral I spent a good bit of time traveling to visit my kids. I went to Louisville to visit my daughter Barb and then I took the train to Las Vegas (4 days) and spent Christmas and New Year with my son, David, and his wife, Alexis, in their mansion. On the 13th of March I'm flying to Tampa to spend 2 weeks with my good freinds, The Housers.

I hope to make time to join in the Olds fun on this forum and keep in touch with all of my friends....

--Don
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday all,

Glad to hear you're all doing well. Have to remember to put the proper words and apostrophies in for the word police; wherever they may be hiding.

Don - I realize that to Southerners that quiz was easy as a bowl of grits with butter and salt; maybe red eye gravy? To us "foreigners' who haven't had the benefit of an extended stay or sampling of the Southern hospitality it was a little on the tougher side. If you want, I could put together a 20 question quiz about life in Alberta?? ***** Word police, word police - duck ----- 'Common' is the word you wanted -----Lucky thing you didn't hit the letter L instead of M Not to worry, I learned something about the South by the answers.

Mike - Happy Anniversary with Delta. Only another 16 to go? Oh, BTW I love anchovies on pizza. Wierd huh? Was having a little problem with the 'low saturn' lately. It was surging at idle (about 50-75 rpm). Thought it might be the fuel pump and was getting ready to replace it. Then I thought about the IAC. I had it out in the fall when I cleaned the TB. When I put it back I forgot to check whether the pintle was 28mm seating. So I did an IAC reset yesterday and the car is back to normal - according to my wife. Sometimes the best fixes cost nothing at all.

Clint - What the heck happened? Was the shop shut down for awhile?

Scot - Jumping Jehosaphat! I just went and looked at that 69 thread. Not going near it again. Poor Stephano needs a flame suit just to post for sale on C.O.? I think Jamesbo was right in his post - Soon no one will want to post FSBO here anymore. Your point is well taken after looking at the comments posted.

John - So that seqestration is already hitting a lot of folks in America hard. Some of the other guys I stay in touch with sent me an article presented by the US Army about the effect of Sequestration that went before the Senate review on Feb 12. When I first read it, I thought someone was just goofing around with a scare tactic pdf. Then I realized it was the real thing. Sequestration is going to affect not only America, but Canada too. So many spin off's it's not funny. On the positive side - if it gives you a better option to retire early without any significant impact - more power to you. Locally, the Gov't is trying to change existing Pension legislation to remove the COLA that's already in place. That will hit hard if it comes to pass. Always good to have a nest egg.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Don - my deepest condolences on your loss.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Allan R
Don - my deepest condolences on your loss.
Thank you Allan....
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

Oh Don.... I am soooo sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you. It's hard to be alone after that many years with someone, I would imagine. It's good that you're staying busy, and sounds like you're getting a lot of traveling done. I'd like to go somewhere warm right about now, lol. I'm sick of cold and winter!!

Please don't forget about us - we care! Check in whenever you can, and you take care of yourself.
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Always room for one more

Oh Don I'm so sorry. I know how dedicated you were to her care. I hope she wasn't in a lot of pain. Bless you both.
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Don I am truly sorry for your loss, you just let us know if we can do anything for you.
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Don,

I am very sorry to here about your loss. To have had a partner in life for so long is a blessing. I hope the wonderful memories you have ease your burden.

It is great to hear from you. I think about you and your Lasalle from time to time. Still see the picture in my mind.

Pat