The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2013, 05:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin Fellow Oldsmobile'ers

Windy, cloudy and warm dis mawnin with strong stroms moving in late this afternoon I'm with Jamesbo about battening down the hatches.

Good eyes on the mystery Olds in the pic Mike and Dan. I love that thread, almost as much as the race car thread

Clint good luck with those good for nothing coyotes. Those are some pesky boogers that will relentlessly pursue the critters if you let them.

I've got to run down to my shop before the fireworks begin to grab some magazines to scan and post up for sale on another forum. Jamesbo do you remember the Parts Pups advertisers?
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:21 AM

Good morning all,
Allan -42..WOW. I'm sittin on the porch this morning drinking coffee. Did I sleep through winter?
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Captain Starfire

It's hot on our trail, Jamesbo

Still blowin' up a storm here overlooking Lake Pontchartrain. There are white caps on the lake right now.... still not raining, but radar says it's right around the corner.

BTW, I thought my Vette was pristine, but this one is unbelieveable. Plus, mine is about 9 yrs old; this one is 46!

1967 Corvette Stingray #13
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A balmy 62 degrees here this morning! I am loving it! It was 61 all evening, temps acutally went up through yesterday afternoon. I didn't wear a coat this morning, lol. Just brought the light jacket in with me. The rain just started. The winds are fierce, and the rain is getting blown in every direction, lol. Supposed to start cooling off early evening though, and we'll be in the 20's tonight. No one has their heaters on in here yet..... Well WTF?? I just lied. Steve just now turned his on! Is he nuts??? It's 73 degrees in here...... My fan will be going on shortly. Good God.....

I turned the heat way down at home and opened some windows this morning for a while. God the fresh warm air was nice!! I left the windows open a tiny crack when I came to work.

Clint.... good to hear from you. Hope you get the Coyote's! They are scary. There was a pack of them out around the apartments where Nicole lived last summer. She worried about them getting Emmett.

Mike... I like that new word. 'Suckful'! I'll have to remember that one.

Another quiet day in here. Brian brought his lunch in, so I hope it's not as windy out at noon so I can use my umbrella if it's raining, and I can walk and get out of here. I don't like him being here at lunch time. It's not like he's working through lunch - he's bullsh*tting on the phone or just sitting there eating. But as far as the company knows, he's 'working'..... getting comp time.......

Well you all have a good hump day and be safe!
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Jamesbo do you remember the Parts Pups advertisers?
Did Rose Kennedy own a black dress?

Sure do, My dad used to hide dem in his sock drawer but I found them an VIVIDLY remember admiring sum "parts"

I can't believe ya got any of dem, I jes thought you had a bunch of old dusty boring Car & Driver. or Road & Track.

Those are real treasures, Ya ain't got any NAPA Calendars do ya.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I've got a few hundred different Parts Pups from the early 50's to the early 80's I believe Not sure how many total but I am going to get them today and I'll let you know. As far as NAPA calendars, I may have
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:46 AM

A few hundred Geeze Louise. I don't need that many but one for collectors sake would be cool.

I'll trade cha a 12 lb canister of "Survival Soda Crackers" pack date 1963 from a fall out shelter stored during the Cuban missile crisis. FWIW dat 1113 soda cracker [so de label says]
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Done. I'll pick you out a good one And don't worry bout the survival crackers because I already owe ya one
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo batten down those hatches Looks to be an EF-3

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/30...gia/?hpt=hp_t1

Last edited by GAOldsman; January 30th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Captain Starfire

Pretty scary, Scot. We were in Dalton (32 mi. north) in the fall. In fact, a lady that works here's son works in Dalton. And didn't they just have an Olds show & swap meet in Cartersville in Oct.?
Hope those things were isolated.... judging by that video, it was horrendous.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 30th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! Those poor people. This weather gets scary.... hope you all make it through alright. I don't think any of that kind of weather is heading for us. It stopped raining here before noon. It's just cloudy now, and the winds have died down too. It's around 57 degrees. 78 degrees in here....... I'm about to friggin die!

I turned off Steve's heater when he went to lunch, and I also turned down the thermostat that someone had set up sometime. Of course when Steve got back, the heater went back on! My fan isn't doing a whole helluva lot of good. But at least the hot air is circulating. It was nice walking at lunch time. Temps are starting to head downward though.

It's just a long miserable day......... 'suckful'!
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Scot, Could we get back to Parts Pups, I'm sick an tired of dis weather nonsense.De cotton pick'in news makes every thunderstorm a possible tornado cell.

I don't wanta spend de day wit sum 50 year old Sodie crackers an a wet golden Retreiver in de cellar.

John, Linda de Vaughn is from Dalton. De had an H/O show up der de day befo my H/O went up in smoke.
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah that video is terrible, something like a hunert car pileup near addairsville on I-75

Well I found three binders full of the Parts Pups from the early 50's to late 80's. I haven't counted them yet, but I pulled you out some good ones
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM

Speak'in over over zealous new/weather people.

Mike/ Scot, Do you bermeber when dat ole mill downtown caught fire an de had to haul de crane operator off his crame wit a chopper?

Anywho,

De news folks wer do'in a blow by blow live call in thing from people de thought were "on de scene"

Some yoyo's call got thru andLIVE he said he knew how de fire got started. Befo de could bleep him out he said.

"Howard Stern was hav'in a "phart light'in contest" an de flames caught de mill on fire.
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

That guy that called in reminds me of a few characters I know out of Macon County, what a momo
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Allan, In march of 75, I was in De Lorentian Mountains above Montreal when a tornado ripped thur my apartments and eventually took off part of de roof of de governors mansion. Funny thing is [was] all de Tv was in French and I had no clue WTF had happened.
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

It still is and I don't know what they're saying either. Maybe John would.

Anyway - I was just reading this and thought of you. Enjoy

A passenger taps his taxi driver on the shoulder. The cabby craps himself with shock, swerves nearly hitting a bus and stops inches from a shop window.
"Man, your jumpy aren't yer, I only tapped your shoulder" says the passenger.
"Sorry," says the cabby, "It's my first day. I've been driving a Hearse for 20 years."
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone and happy Friday to me.

Last night was way better at work, and tonight it doesn't matter how it goes because the rain is for the most part done and I don't have to go back for four days.

Jamesbo I do remember that guy in the crane. I was working a 12 hour shift doing interior mods to the MD11s and when I got off at 3pm one day me and another guy went to the bar and saw the smoke. The TV in the bar was on and showing all this. Later they were calling that guy in the crane a hero. My thought was, what did he do? The guys that rescued him were the heros, but they said no, they were just doing their job.

We really missed out on the bad weather today. Got quite a bit of rain but not very much wind and just a little thunder. I feel bad for the people up north of us, they got slammed.

Scot how about posting a Parts Pups for those of us who've never seen one. They sound interesting.

Well everyone hope everything is good. Anyone ever hear from Udo? I think I chased him away with being a dumbass. Don? Adrian is working, and maybe recovering from Australia Day. Have a good night all.
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:13 PM

Well, the motor on my furnace is toast from the water, I'll pull it tomorrow and try to get a replacement, at least I got the water heater fired up, so I have hot water. It's a balmy 57 * at the moment, gonna throw on the cat and an electric blanket!
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Do you sear a cat often?

Sorry to hear about the water damage. Hope you get 'er fixed up soon. Gotta go see if I can round up a mangy old yote.

Have a great day all.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:09 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

It's a chilly 37* here and windy

Dan I hope you get your furnace repaired, you'll need it up ere

Clint good luck rounding up dem yotes

Mike here ya go. They were ads from NAPA Auto Parts headquarters in Atlanta that normally were around six pages that had bits of history, comical captions, scantily clad gals and just quirky stuff in general. It was a monthly publication and it looks to have started somewhere around March of '32 would have been Vol 1 Issue 1

Well I gotta run to M & T meats to stock up for a few weeks
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda nippy dis mawn'in and de ground is plum soaked.

Yesterday fer me was kinda much to do 'bout noth'in. Adairville got hit but down ere the TV weather folks spent de better portion of de day try'in to scare your pants off.

If Emily Proctor [de hot babe on CSI Miami] hadn't almost perished yesterday of de show, it would been pretty dull 'round ere.

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends De weekend is jes 'round de corner
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:39 AM

Mike/Scot, De first Parts Pups I ever saw was in de early 50's and de ladies had "progressed" from "Scantly clad" to jes plain ole buck naked.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold, very windy and snowy this morning. Temp is 22 degrees. Winds are blowing around 25 mph with gusts of 35. Not very pretty out there. Ice in some places. I hope we don't get much lake effect snow....

Nicole is job shadowing at a vet's office over in Stow, by Bellacino's today, so she's not that far from home for a change. Which is good.

So I get an email yesterday from University Hospitals - an electronic invoice for $332.00 from May 18th???? I'll be calling my insurance company at lunch time to find out what this is for and why it wasn't paid. I have receipts from May 18th showing where I've already paid my share of something from that day. The bill is for a CT scan, which I had 2 on that day... I don't know. Nothing like 8 months later, getting a bill. I sure hope I don't have to pay the friggin thing. What a fiasco that whole thing was.....

Well you all have a good day! It's payday finally... or 'exchange' day as I like to call it. I just exchange my money to pay bills....
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:22 AM

Morning everyone, weather here is absolutely crap A week ago we were having a mild heat wave, now half of the qld coast is flooding We had some pretty wild winds with the rain this time so not only did I lose power for 2 days I also have to clean up 5 trees that fell down in the yard So over this right now, and fix the back fence where one of the trees hit it. We lost pretty much everything that was in the freezers and most of what was in the fridges

Hope no one had too many problems with that weather over in Georgia.

Other then that all is going good here. Got a road worthy for the morris so not to long now, just need the rear sear for the gearbox to turn up and the pinion seal for the diff too, install and register One is coming from the UK and the other is from the US, go figure even though it is built here I still can't get parts here lol.

Welp time for work, have a good day olds buds,

Adrian
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
Captain Starfire

'Tis alsmost da' weekend

Was 34* at the Plantation today. Mite nippy, to coin a phrase. Up to mid-50s now, and absolutely gorgeous.

A friend at work bought a new Dodge truck and we went out for a little spin around noon. Poor girl needs to learn to drive; she's 50-ish and drives like she's 15. Downright awful; can't judge distance w/in 5'. I hate to be too hard on the girl, but I was downright embarrassed to be seen in the passenger's seat.

And b/w the chemical odors of the new upholstery and da' perfume, I 'bout had an allergy attack Thank goodness the weather permitted riding w/ the windows down . But it's a nice truck.

I was surprised it doesn't come standard with even a single CD player. I guess my CDs are going the way of 8 tracks; and me no iPod. I should probably move my technology up about 20 or so years.

My '06 Camry has a combo cassette and 6-disk CD, and that's just how I like it.... In fact, I have a few surviving cassettes from the 80s that I still listen to on occasion. If Katrina hadn't washed away my LPs, I'd certainly still have 'em, along with my prized Thorens.

Sandy, if I live to be a hunnert, I'l always remember Ballancino's, Tincanio, and Teepo. I'm still lernin' site vocabulary. Now if I could only figger out what a "momo" was.

Jamesbo, quit complainin' dat yer weather wuz too good.... No, I certainly didn't know Ms. Vaughn was from Dalton. I was going to write some smart-Alec stuff here, but decided to at least show a little class on occasion. I will say there was no kid interested in cars in the '60s and '70s who didn't know of that lady. George Hurst's choosing her to be his spokesperson and icon was sheer marketing genius.

Allan, even if I could talk Cajun French -- which I can't -- I might not comprendo the Canajun. Unfortunately, all I did growing up next door to my Cajun grandparents was make fun of their talking French .... Sad indeed . My Dad could get by talking French, but it was mostly b/c he took 3-4 years of it in high school.

Sorry about that weather, Adrian. But I guess losing food and part of a fence is about the best-case scenario for undergoing a weather event.

Y'all have a great resto'Thurs, Olds buddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 31st, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Beautiful day out, if not a bid chilly. And windy. It's 50 so that's better than what the weatherman was saying.

Fought with a computer half the night last night. I was trying to load the latest FMS information and the left computer just was not having it. Finally it decided it was going to purge all its old information and just be dead. I was able to get right side computer to transfer the info back and at the end I was back where I started. An excercise in futility.

I'm finally going to meet up with my buddies for pizza. Going up there around 7 this evening. Gonna make a stop at Petsmart while I'm there and also Trader Joes.

Adrian look at the bright side. You won't need to buy firewood for next winter. Why does Queensland flood like that all the time, is it low lying land?

Thanks for the Pups, Scot. Looks pretty cool. It must have been an Atlanta thing because I don't remember seeing those up home, and I was a frequent visitor of NAPA.

Guess I'll do a little something around here before it's time to head out. Hope everyone's day is going well.
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well.... it's been snowing on and off all day. Still windy and cold. 21 degrees now. Only going to be 18 tomorrow.... I had to go to the bank at lunch time, so I didn't get to walk.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone setting up a payment plan for this latest University Hospitals bill. She said "can you make $100 a month payments"? I said, Nope. I can do $50. Then she said something about making the payments before 90 days because after 90 days they can send it to a collection agency! I said " Well, do you think Obamacare can help me? I'm already paying you people $100 a month on another bill and I just don't have the money. I'm good for it - all my payments are on time if you check, and this bill is already 8 MONTHS OLD! I just got it yesterday over the email. I never received a copy in the mail or anything". She said she didn't know why it took so long for them to bill me. I said, Me either! It would have been nice to know 8 months ago that I owed it. A$$es!!! So I made an electronic check payment of $82.36 and will make $50.00 a month payments until the dammed thing is paid off. She said "we have our guidelines we have to follow", and I said ' yeah, well you all should be willing to take whatever a person can pay. At least I'm trying to pay the bill.' God I get soooooooooo mad when I have to talk to these people!

ok, I feel better now that I vented.

Adrian.... sorry to hear about the flooding and such. That sucks! We've talked about getting a generator if we ever get any extra money (haha) to keep the freezer going in case we're ever without power for any length of time. That's expensive to lose all that frozen food. Weather is just crazy anymore.

Mike.... enjoy your pizza!

John.... I dunno what a momo is either, lol! I'm sure someone will tell us.....
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:30 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by slantflat

Thanks for the Pups, Scot. Looks pretty cool. It must have been an Atlanta thing because I don't remember seeing those up home, and I was a frequent visitor of NAPA.
No problem Mike, they are pretty neat it's just I've got too much stuff! Which I guess is better than not having much but I would ultimately have my 2400 sf shop back

Jamesbo pkg is sent via snail mail I sent it to Milton Fields, I hope that is hunky dory Expected delivery is Saturday. I had a time trying to send it off. First I stopped in Hawkinsville before I went to the framous meat market and they were closed, den I stopped in Clinchfield whar my Pop's mail goes (had to stop there anywho) and dey didn't open until 3 so I went to the big city of Perry and low and behold I found a USPS dat wanted my business

Sandy you keep that snow up there

Good to hear from you Adrian Sounds like if you build half an ark and Pat builds half an ark, y'all can pick us up in da middle if need be Seriously though, it is pretty "suckful" (as Mike and Sandy would say) that you had to loose all of your food
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM

Tanks Scot, I'll keep an eye out
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds good, speaking of eyes out....... I can't keep mine out of those darn Pups
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Tgif

Mornin', Oldsmobuddies.

'Twas 39 at the Planation this morning; not as chilly as yesterday, but strangely enough, it's not supposed to warm up as much as yesterday. They're sayin' our high will be in the upper 50s.
Another drop-dead gorgeous day down here. Should be nice all thru the Super weekend, w/ just a slight chance of a quick wet-one on Sunday.

I must be gettin' spoiled by those 4-day work-weeks; this one seemed like it would never end. I'll prolly take off Mardi Gras, but since it's not a Federal holiday, I'll use vacation.

Then we got Presidents' Day (a.k.a. "Washington's Birthday" [observed]) off on 2/18. Hopefully Feb. will be a good (and short) month, then it's one more to go!

Mike & Allan, y'all were talking about Stude's. I have to admit, I've never seen one like this. How many of them were made, Mike?

Oh yeah, it appears that McGarrett's original '68 Mercury is still cruising, after essentially being destroyed in '78. Check out the story here.

That's one sleek lookin' ride, IMHO. Always liked that '68 Ford body style. Back in the '70s and early '80s my friend had inherited his Dad's '68 Galaxie 4-dr (sedan, tho') w/ hi-comp 390 4V and factory twice-pipes that ran way better than it had a right to. I'd bet anything that was some special-order police interceptor engine. He went thru a couple C6 trannies while he had it, but that motor purred like a raging cheetah the whole time, up to somewhere near 175k miles. Unfortunately, it wound up in the junk yard when one of the front wheel bearings froze to the spindle.... what a shame.

But that story has to be pretty old, as it's written as if Jack Lord is still breathing, and he's been pushing up daisies since '98.

Y'all have a great Friday, friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 1st, 2013 at 05:40 AM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:41 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin Fellow Oldsmobile'ers

Clear and cooler this mawnin with temps in the low 40's and only supposed to get into the high 40's for the high. Supposed to get down into the high 20's tonight though

John that is a real rare Stude right there Not sure how many were produced but I am sure there are not many survivors.

Dan did you get your furnace going? If I can help walk you through anything, give me a shout.

Well I have a sink sprayer to repair, the o-rings inside went tango uniform (as Jamesbo puts it)
Old February 1st, 2013, 05:44 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dis mawn'in and de wind is kick'in up

John, That's a new one on me too. Enjoy de festivities

Scot, Jes don't go blind look'in at all dem Pups.

Adrian, Sorry 'bout de power outage and de food loss. Dat's a mess.

Mike you must hold de record fer driv'in de most miles to get a pizza. Hope it was worth it.

Sandy, I'm wit choo, I get soooooooo disgusted with bureaucratic nonsense I could puke.

GTG Olds friends Have a great day
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM
Always room for one more

Ambrosia

Good morning everyone.

Allan can you say, Top of the Weekend to you? Or does that not make sense. (And the rest of the weekend to you!)

The pizza was awesome! I think I have one of John's food hangovers today. I was with a couple buddies and we were talking about work and whatever and before I knew it three quarters of my pizza was gone. I'm really too old to be doing things like that but it was so good! Might be a light brekky at the Awful house this morning.

Temps are going backwards today. It was 42* at midnight here, 39 around 7 this morning and now it's 37. I think I heard 50 for a high today, but it's windy. Sure is pretty out, bright sun and blue sky(smilin' at me).

John I believe 1957 is the first year for the combined Studebaker and Packard, and the beginning of the end. That wagon is a beauty and would be priceless if it had the supercharged engine. Actually the beginning of the end was what resulted in the two merging, but that was before my time, I couldn't tell you for sure.

Junkyard today, haven't been in a couple months. I've noticed several new rows as I go past on the 675 ramp so I'll be awhile.

Happy Friday everyone and have a great day and I hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy February 1st! Did ya change the Olds calendar over?

It's a wonderful 11 degrees here this morning, we have ice and snow, and the wind is blowing hard. The roads are a mess. I mean a real mess! They had the police escorting the 4 snow plow trucks staggered across Rt. 91 this morning. Had traffic stopped. Twinsburg schools are closed. We got a lot of ice towards the Hudson side of town where we live. Us in Northern Summit County got it worse. There were missing manhole covers on 91 down by the post office, lol. Someone is gonna get a busted axle and raise hell with the city, lol. I saw the hole and straddled it.

I pushed Tincanio's 'lock' button which is the 4 wheel drive, several times on my way in. It comes 'unlocked' though when you hit 20 mph.... I really wouldn't call that 4 wheel drive.... I wish it would stay in 4wd until I release it, lol. Just so much slushy crap built up and plowed up in the roads, it pulls the wheels when you turn the corners or change lanes. Hope Nicole made it to the shop ok.

I'm glad it's Friday. If it's still yucky tonight, we probably won't go out to do our shopping. Will wait till tomorrow. Be a little better in the daylight, even though we're supposed to still be having lake effect snow. It's not snowing much right now, and the sun is trying to peek out... I forget what the sun is, I haven't seen it in so long!!

Mike.... glad you enjoyed your pizza, lol. I'm having 2 leftover pcs for lunch today, myself!

John... we don't get any days off until Good Friday. But at least that will be in March this year instead of April.

Jamesbo... I tell ya, I just wanted to reach through the phone yesterday and slap that lady, lol! I'm trying to pay the damned bill, don't give me a hard time about how much you'll accept.

Scot.... don't you be goin cross eyed now, lol!

Well have a great Friday all.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Who me?

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol, Scot!!
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM

Dan did you get your furnace going?
Yep, it's crankin' right now, had to pull the motor again to reverse the rotation, called the electric place where I bought the motor, told me over the phone how to do it (just switched the red & black wires) re installed it, now the squirrel cage is going in the right direction, it's back up to 57* and climbing, after being down to 50* this morning. Hopefully during the "off" season I can replace the furnace, as it's as old as I am!
Old February 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM

By the way, that damn toliet seat is COLD! how did our forefathers ever survive?