The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by CQR
Allan shoot me an e-mail. I'll look up what I have available. I know we need it but it sure looks better in your front yard.
LOL Clint! That's because I have a Ph.D in Snow Management. Oh, you never heard of that? Stands for Piled Higher and Deeper...
Do you still have my email address or did it get lost in the puter? I'll send you a new one anyway.
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM

Allan, it troubles me deeply that you have all of that snow, while me, with the new snowblower have nary a dusting...but alas, I shall fret no more, as I have others things in life to ponder
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL Dan. If you want....you could send me the new snowblower and I'll send you my old one....

No worries though, I've heard that buying a snowblower is good insurance against huge snow windfalls. Personally I think that's a load of....hooey...yah, that's the ticket ..hoooey. Hey, it's still December and we both know that Jan/Feb are the brutal snow months.

I also have other things to ponder, like putting together my parts list for 2013 and a work plan for the car in the spring
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

We got a little wet last nite but it's clear an cool dis mawn'in.

I've never ever used a snow blower and really don't wanta. I swear, I don't see how y'all stand it.

Adrian, Guess what? Red dog likes toast wit Vegamite. I like a little too. De jar I thought would las me a life time is 'bout 1/2 full after only 4 years.

John, It's a good thing we didn't meet fer Pizza, It woulda been a mite wet. Last nite. I jes stayed home by de fire and watched bad TV.

Scot, Dat young'un sho looks like she's got alot of talent.

Mike, Enjoy de Awful House today [Sum how, I have a feee'in dat's whar he's headed]

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:24 AM

Sno-what!

Allan R: We even have snow here in Southern Ontario. About 2 or 3 inches was added last night to the 5 we received on the 26th.
People around here will be able to use their brand new snow blowers that they bought and never used last year!
I'm driving my family to Toronto in about an hour or two from now. I'm not a fan of other winter drivers. I hope the amateurs stay home.

Last edited by Jaybird; December 29th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Watch out for that white stuff, folks!

Clint, yeah, we have the better half's '10 Fusion (which we usually take up to GA) and I have my Y2K F-150 which performs truck duties in LA. But we take the truck up here sometimes, and will definitely be doing so in the near future, since I got my motorcycle trailer for Christmas
Our '06 Camry (w/175k miles) is our real workhorse we commute to & from N.O. in just about every day.

Hope the privy and hot tub work went well yesterday; I only got 1 pair of blinds up, but put up a few pictures and what-not, which made better half happy; will try to get the other blinds up today. (Not holding my breath, tho'.... there's something in the water here that makes me sit on my butt until it's practically sore....)

Allan, no, we didn't transplant.... yet . We're gonna move up here to GA eventually, but we're still headquartered in Ponchatoula. Haven't lived in the "city" per se (N.O.) since before Katrina. But those ties are hard to break.... my whole family is still down there. We'll have to see how things play out.

Jamesbo, we kept the bison in the fridge and went to Big Al's right on schedule yesterday.... and it didn't disappoint . Weather was a bit damp, but not treacherous by any stretch. No freezing rain or snow. Pizza was fab, and they had a "loaded baked potato" soup that was like home made. Not to mention the dent we put in the salad bar.

We need to do a general GA get-together in the spring (Mike? Scot? U listening ?) Maybe we could meet at an Awful House in some central location.... or even better, back to Dillard House....

Y'all have a great weekend, Oldsmofolks.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Always room for one more

Last night while I was at work we had a storm and the dogs freaked out and got out of the house. They went downstairs and clawed at a window frame at the bottom of the door until the glass broke and they got out. I discovered this when I got home this morning.

I've been out looking for them all day. I haven't slept. I'm calling in to work tonight. I'm afraid that they cannot return home now for whatever reason. The police can't help. The animal hospitals in the area have not seen them. Animal Control is closed until January 2 and no one will tell me how to get in touch with the on-call officer.

I'm out of ideas. I've done a good job at keeping it together but it will be a long night without them. What on earth am I going to do now.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
CQR

Mike, I'm so sorry, I'd help if I could. Here's hoping things turnout ok.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, there's not much you can do except wait it out. I had that happen with 'Buddy' one day. Let him out for 'just a minute' and the phone rang. Came back out and he was gone. Probably chasing something... I can relate to how you feel right now. I had given up looking and calling and was just sitting on the front porch when he came running up to me about 2 hours later. I was so happy I couldn't be mad at him.

Have you thought about asking the local radio stations to help out with an alert that you're missing your two dogs? Hopefully they are tatooed or micro chipped so you can be identified as their owner if someone finds them. Hopefully they will find their way home soon as they settle down. Got my fingers crossed for you.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Captain Starfire

Awful news....

Mike, so sorry to hear of this; I sincerely hope your boy & girl come prancing back home ASAP. If they stay together, they will be incredibly conspicuous. Allan's "radio" idea sounds like it has merit... Please keep us posted... I'm praying for a happy, fast resolution....
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a cloudy day here with on & off snow all day. Temps got up to 34 degrees. We have friggin lake effect snow coming in tonight. They need to figure out how to put a tarp over that lake or somethin in the winter, lol.

Mike! I sure hope you find the dogs, or they find you. I can imagine what you're going through. I'm sorry. I'll be hoping they come home soon.

Nicole and I went out to Defer this morning and I talked to Mark about brakes and tires. Showed him what Conrads gave me for a quote. So I made an appointment for Jan. 9th for Defer to do the work. It will cost around $1100.00. There goes Teepo's seat covers. Maybe next year. Guess I'll have to keep that literature book over the hole again next show season, lol. I'll get there....

I made the tomato hamburger soup today, Jamesbo. It sure is good! I have 3 bowls of it leftover to take to work with me for lunches next week.

I got my house cleaning and laundry done today. Started un-decorating some. I washed all the Christmas throw rugs I had down, took off the Christmas tablecloth and placemats. I'll do more tomorrow. I usually take the stuff out of the yard on New Year's day, but most of it is buried in snow right now, so I don't know if I'll get it done or not. Might have to wait for the January thaw if we get one, lol. My fingers get so cold and freeze so fast anymore. Gloves don't really help if I'm outside any length of time. I hate this Raynauds crap.

My 'indigestion' or whatever it is is finally gone. Sure wish I knew what causes it. I bought some Zantac last night, so next time it comes back I'll try that.

Larry and the guys worked 8 hrs. today so they can take Monday off. We have to work. It will only be me and Brian on Monday. Yipeeeeeeeeee......

Just watching the weather... looks like next week is going to be yucky. Snow several days and temps only in the 20's, getting down to the teens and below at night. Great. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter??? Last year was sooooo nice.

Well better get off of here, so I'll chat tomorrow. Have a good night!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; December 29th, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:02 AM

Mike, Make up some signs/posters for telephone poles in your area. First light, people willl be going to church etc and someone may see them. The good news is traffic will be light on Sunday.

I'd take some flyers/posters to the Waffle house and get your friends involved in the hunt, The more eyes looking for them the better.

The pound may not be "open" but I bet someone is there 23/7. You might take a chance on finding a good county employee.

Good luck, When you go out looking, I'd leave the door open and some food out for them should they return in your absence.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:56 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Its a mite chilly dis mawnin at 32* F, hopefully the wind will subside

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, Dat young'un sho looks like she's got alot of talent.
She sure does, hopefully she will get as good with the airbrush as she is with her pencils

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
We need to do a general GA get-together in the spring (Mike? Scot? U listening ?) Maybe we could meet at an Awful House in some central location.... or even better, back to Dillard House....
That would be good, I think up Mike's way is pretty close to mid-point
Originally Posted by slantflat

I'm out of ideas. I've done a good job at keeping it together but it will be a long night without them. What on earth am I going to do now.
Mike I am sorry to hear about that. It is weird to me that they would break a window, but those dogs are pretty strong willed. Once they set their mind to something, it's on full force. Hopefully you've found them both or will find them today. I have a large dog crate for Dakota my outside dog. He is not crate trained but when it's too cold outside at night I put him in it and he does just fine until I let him out in the mornings. I'd say two of those crates is cheaper than replacing a window.
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:15 AM
NOVICE car nut

Mike - I'm real sorry to hear about your dogs . I know they mean the world to you . I can almost bet that they will come back . I would just take some of the suggestions that were mentioned on here , and go with that . They might even come back before you even get done doing that . Just stand back a second , and collect your thoughts on where they could of went . Is there a field , or patch of woods near by ? .... Somewhere they might be hanging out away from all the hustle and bustle . I bet if you drive in a perimeter around your neighborhood in all directions , you may see one of them .... and then more then likely you will find the other one near by . Do they have a favorite toy or treat that may lure them in ?
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:26 AM

Mike, was there any place nearbye that you took them during a walk? My husky of years ago, would take herself for a romp in the woods when she got loose, this was where I would normally take her for a walk, and was her favorite. Good luck, I hope that you find them soon.
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Another day of gray, cold, and flurries. Temps around 30, which is the warmest we'll be this week. I treated us to breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning. It was good.

We went out in the drifts and took the decorations out of the yard this afternoon. Put them in the garage to dry. I took some things out of the house and put back in to the containers. I'll work on it more tomorrow night and Tuesday. I can finally see the bed in the spare room again, with all the stuff off of it, lol!! Sure wish we were off tomorrow. Not looking forward to spending the long boring day with just Brian there, lol.

Well, no Mike so far today..... sure hope his dogs came home.

Not much going on today, I see. Pretty boring here too. Well I better go put the towels in the dryer, so I'll chat later. Have a good evening all.
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Sunday peeps!
Just got back from shopping. That's dangerous. A lb of mushrooms and bag of onions ended up costing 80.00

But on the bright side I ran into a fellow I trained back in 1990. Both of us knew each other on sight and remembered a lot of the 'old days' details. Lucky he has a patient and understanding wife 'cause we chatted for around 20 minutes.

Mike - we're with you in spirit while you're looking for the pups. Best of luck my friend.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM

Mike, post on facebook, a good community source for reaching out, local probably have seen your dogs, and checked on facebook looking for the owner.
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:03 AM

Mike,

Don't give up.

I was speaking to my wife this morning [she volunteers at a shelter] and she made a good point. She said many of the dogs that come to the shelters she volunteers at come from 20-30 miles away.

So be sure to check the surrounding cities and counties shelters.She said many of the shelters have web pages that show the dogs that have been picked up. She also mentioned petfinders.com
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:03 AM
CQR

^^^ And Craigslist.

I did that when I found a camera. There is a lost and found section on there.

Morning all. Getting ready to head to the shop today. Get all of last years papers cleaned out. Cold this morning again and snowing. I was going to take my buddies blast cabinet back to him today, but I guess thats not gonna happen. I really need the room in the shop. Well, I should head down and pick up those tires I guess.

The missus drug me along to go boarding yesterday with the kid. I guess I just don't enjoy that as much as I used to. the snowpack isn't great, the lines are long, and the lift tickets are about $100 a piece anymore at the cheap places!

Allan, $80? Are you mental? I really like mushrooms and onions too. What magical powers do these shrooms have?
Maybe you forgot to mention that the produce cart was parked out front of the boobie bar?

Sandy, Sorry to hear the brake expense, Hopefully when Defer? looks at it they will see that there was more estimated than needed.

I find it funny that Ferds are blasted so hard here and there are so many who own them .

Well, happy new years eve all. Hope everyone stays safe. I think me and the missus are gonna stay home and maybe sit in the hottub, and enjoy a bottle of wine. The kid is working a 3to3 shift at the shriners tonight.

Happy Monday friends.
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy New Year's Eve.

It's the usual cloudy yucky day here. Gray and cold. Snow supposed to start around 6ish tonight. Making up for last winter I guess.

Well it's just Brian and I today. Haven't had a phone call yet. Emails are slow. I don't imagine a lot of people are working today. Traffic was light on 91 this morning. I love it! No semi's out there at all, lol. Hope we get out of here by 2:00....

We're not gonna do anything tonight as usual. Sit at home and munch on cheese and crackers, summer sausage, veggies and dip. Got a couple movies to watch. It sure will be strange to not have Dick Clark count down the ball drop this year.

Well you all have a great day and be safe tonight!! Sure hope Mike's dogs found their way home. I feel bad.....
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:12 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Nothing yet on the dogs. Thanks for all the nice words and suggestions. I think I've done everything possible and I've had to fill the gas in my van twice from riding around looking. My only hope is that they are at the shelter and I can pick them up on Wednesday.

So Amateur Night is upon us. I'm staying in so I can avoid random bullets flying around from my neighbors shooting guns up into the air. I'm not feeling very festive, either, so I'll probably just fix myself a drink and watch a movie.

I bet they have some sort of tribute to Dick Clark before the countdown. It would be cool to have a tape of him from like 50 years ago counting down. My Dad's name was Dick Clark. People always got a kick out of that.

Be safe everyone and have a great New Years.
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by CQR
Allan, $80? Are you mental? I really like mushrooms and onions too. What magical powers do these shrooms have?
Maybe you forgot to mention that the produce cart was parked out front of the boobie bar?
Allan , after you eat them shrooms and onions , don't even think about working on your car !
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Cutlass Lover

We got out of work at noon today, which was nice. Larry and I went to lunch at Panini's and had pizza. When we got home I took all the bags of tins back out to the shed and put in the cabinet. Then I took the decorations out of the house and put back in the containers. Tomorrow I'll take down the tree.

We have fine sleet and snow coming down. That real slick crap. Nicole is with Charlie somewhere. I sure wish she was here at home. She shouldn't be driving in this stuff later. He got back in town today from spending the holiday in Michigan with his family. She took his laptop back to him. I don't know.

Mike.... sorry to hear the boys haven't come home yet. I hope they do soon.

Well be safe tonight. Talk to ya later. 2012 wasn't a great year for me and I'm not sorry to see it go out the door, lol. I'm hoping that 2013 will be better.
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:01 PM

Happy New years everyone, hope you all had a good 2012 and a better 2013.

Sorry to hear about your pups Mike, my great dane got out a few night in a row and went for a walk to the in-laws as they are down the street and familiar to him. Hoping they come home soon mate

I was going to send you and Sandy some Vegemite last year Jamesbo but for some reason I can't send in to the USA?? Some ingredient in it or something but I can take it with me on a trip and no one will think twice about it? Crazy rules. So next time I come I will have to bring some with me

Allan that snow looks very nice I have plenty of hot humid days you can have in return lol

Well time to get some work done around the house as I only have today off

Have a safe and enjoyable new years everyone.

Adrian
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy New Years everyone. I know it will hit you guys on the East coast way before us, but when it gets here, I'll hoist a tankard to y'all!
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:57 PM

I think that we are 3 hours apart on the time, so 3am for me...zzzzzz. thanks for the toast anyways, just keep the party to a dull roar!
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy New Year Oldsmofriends May your Rockets burn clean for Two Thousand Thirteen

Old January 1st, 2013, 07:17 AM
CQR

Happy new year all. I guess it happened even tho we were fast asleep.

Hope it cures all that ails ya.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy 2013 All

Hopefully this year will see us out of the slump

It's a nice morning here with temps creeping up into the mid 60's. But Elsie will bring her flat rock to town tonight and hang out until Thursday

I hope all is well with everyone and everyone has a wonderful New Year!
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM

Happy New Year

De cow on de flat rock cometh.

Got de blacked eyed peas and greens on de stove.

Mike, Keep the faith. Your dogs are held up somewhere.

Hope the new year is good to all my Olds frineds.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM
Always room for one more

Happy New Year everyone.

People were out last night with real fireworks. It looked really cool and I stood out on the back porch watching. Until I heard the gunshots starting then I went in.

Dismal day here. I wouldn't mind if it cleared up but doesn't sound like it's going to.

This day can't go fast enough. Though, if it isn't Wednesday then the shelter can't tell me they don't have my dogs. Nothing can be easy.

No plans here. Might do some house cleaning but no laundry. Jamesbo enjoy your black eyed peas and greens. I won't be partaking, but my neighbor did invite me over for dinner tonight. They're from New Jersey so it will be regular food.

Here's hoping for a spectacular year, for all of us.
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Hny!

The best of everything to all my good Olds buddies in 2013. That will certainly start out by the return of a pair of puppies to their loving owner.

Should have known better to plant an orange tree before leaving for GA.... the storms that blew thru here over the last week had their way with it, even though it was staked.... Oh, well...

Not sticking particularly to the traditional New Year's fare today; will prolly grill up a couple poke-chops, fix a huge salad, and maybe bake a tate or 2.

Cow is flirting w/ the flat rock, but acc'd'g to forecast radar, the worst and wettest of the system will pass to our north, so we may have a more DAMP than WET day today.... then chilly (back down to 30s) tonite at the Planation (home sweet home!).

Keep the faith, Mike.
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM

Mike, If it were me with all the firewerks and gun fire las nite, I might make a few more rounds in the neighborhood. If someone picked up your dogs to keep, the noise may have made them leave their fenced yard last night.

Just a thought
Old January 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, I hate to ask this question but was the broken glass from the door on the outside or inside of the house? Outside would indicate they broke out, inside would indicate someone outside broke it to let them out. Anyone in the neighborhood have any vendettas against your pups?
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Happy New Year All!! I'm hoping for a healthy and hope our taxes don't go up too bad year for us all!

It was a gray day with flurries here. Temps around 27 today, going down to the teens tonight. We're supposed to have SUN tomorrow! Been so long since I've seen it.....

I got the Christmas tree down today and everything put back in their boxes and containers and Larry helped me schlep it all back upstairs in the garage. So that's done for another year. Don't know if I'll get any of it out next year. This December sucked.

We had kraut, kielbasi, poke chops and little red taters all cooked together, broccoli & cauliflower, and rolls for dinner. Now the house stinks like kraut, lol. It was a pretty good meal though.

We stayed up last night and watched the ball drop. I see in Hotlanta, you all have a peach that drops. Pretty neat, lol.

Mike... I sure hope someone has some news about your boys tomorrow.

Have a great evening all.
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Just got home from a nice evening with my neighbors. She put out a nice dinner and I appreciate always being invited. Got a lot of yummy leftovers to bring home as well.

Been a rainy, icky day here. Didn't get a thing done. I rode around in the van a little while this afternoon, I knew it wouldn't do any good but I couldn't just sit here by myself. No Allan they busted out the window from the inside. There was a trail of glass across the patio into the yard. No one has it in for them. And if anyone did they'd know what I'd do to counter act them.

I'm with Sandy. December hasn't been the greatest and to that end, the whole year was sort of blah. In fact I don't think I've ever had a year that was spectacular. For once I'd like to say on New Years Eve, wow, that was a great year we just had. Maybe I'm not using enough ice in my soft drinks. I guess I'm just not an exciting person.

Well tomorrow is the day. I'm going to be at the animal shelter right at 9 when they open. If I don't have luck there I've got a list of the area shelters I will go to. If anyplace like that has them I'll get a call because they will get the serial number from their microchips and my information from them. I really appreciate you guys' support this weekend.

I guess it's back to work for everyone tomorrow, me included, well I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow. Short week for those going back. Hope there aren't too many new laws that affect us that started today.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:53 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite dank ere dis mawn'in

GTG to de big city today

Mike, Good luck Please keep us posted.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:58 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Good luck today Mike..........

Ted
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:11 AM
CQR

Morning all.

The new journey begins today. Hope everyone has a better year than last. Woke up pretty sour, but trying to make the best of it. Watched a lot of Mad Max yesterday. Went out to our favorite Mexican restaurant. That was my highlight. Didn't sleep so well, woke up around 2 and flopped around until 3:45 before getting up.

Mike I'm hoping for the best today. Like Jamesbo said, Keep us updated.

Have a great day all.