The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Captain Starfire

Last day for da' cow?

Morning, all.... 38* and nasty, nasty down here again dis mawnin'.
Hopefully this poo-poo will be moving outa' here tomorrow, and definitely by Friday. I don't know if I've seen this many rainy days in a row in LA in all my life; gotta' be about 13 of the last 15 days.

Please do watch that stuff, Mike. I used to work at a company called Relance Universal out of Houston many, many moons ago... corrosion control coatings. Gawd, they had some horrid things in that paint. Besides those heavy metals, I really recall how nasty the urethanes were... Be careful.

Jamesbo, doc'll tell ya' to cut back to a couple packs a day to reach a hundred.... (I know, I know... nobody likes a smart ****.) Hope your hat's on straight, as my Granny used to say.

Coming down for the Jazz Fest this year, Clint?

If I were a bettin' man, I'd say our test balloon for a GA meeting in the summer has gone down Hindenberg style.... Lotsa' time for me in April and May -->

It appears 3/31 is D-Day for the job.... Hooray! There was talk of bringing me back on come June or so, but I doubt that would happen.

Y'all have a dry, warm, and healthy day

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 16th, 2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:54 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
I think I'll actually be pulling for the birds for the first time in my life. Kill da' Niners!
Yes ! They beat my packers !
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Captain Starfire

We were pullin' fer da' Pack, too, Bry....

After da' Saints went down in flames, we were pullin' fer our home boy, Peyton Manning; but alas, da' Ravens kicked his butt.....

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
Yes ! They beat my packers !
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM

Welp, De only reason I go to de doc is to pi$$ him off. He'd feel better if I'd go horizontal from not listen'in to him.

Guess what he said? Besides "Cough"

Drink more water, quit smok'in, get more exercise and eat less fat.
·
Sounds like a broken record.

On de way outa de doc office I backed my Suburban into one of those Mini Coopers.Oddly enough a dwarf was driving. He stormed over to my Suburban looked up at me and said, "I'm not happy."

Ok, I said, "Which one are you. "
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Captain Starfire

Yeah, dat needle's skippn' sumpin' awful, I'm afraid....
Sounds like you did OK.... personally, I'd like to get my cholesterol down a few points.... but I likes eatin' dem rich Creole foods too much....

A lady here at work is quite few lbs overweight, has hypertension, and smokes; she said her doc won't waste his breath on her anymore.... he even let her get a handicap license plate so she wouldn't have to walk more than 10' at a time... she calls it "Superstar Parking"

Oh, and BTW, as for the dwarf, he must've been Grumpy....

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Welp, De only reason I go to de doc is to pi$$ him off. He'd feel better if I'd go horizontal from not listen'in to him.

·

On de way outa de doc office I backed my Suburban into one of those Mini Coopers.Oddly enough a dwarf was driving. He stormed over to my Suburban looked up at me and said, "I'm not happy."

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 16th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Jamesbo, he needs you to live that long...continued revenue, less paperwork than a new patient! I had my brakes done Monday, ordered a couple of tires from Tire Rack, will have them installed on Saturday, got a new crown this morning...I'll be looking for bottles along the road to turn in for the extra cash to pay for it all! My Dentist went to Notre Dame, went to the title game in Miami, I asked him if he brought me a T-shirt, "no" he says, jeesh, ya would think that as much as I spend in his office, that I would at least merit a t-shirt! Go figure.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM

I buy my periodontist a new Porsche ever few years myself
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
NOVICE car nut

I quit buying my dentist expensive cars , because I don't go to the dentist anymore
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM

What a guy!
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:23 AM

What about your computer consultant.. what do you get him..

.. what you don't have one.. here.. let me help you with your comuters.. I am edjumacated with puters.. I knowed hows to fixem after dey be all goofed up
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM

I either

1] Find some youngun who ain't never heared of an 8 track
2] Pitch de POS out de winder.

Problem solved

Speak'in of POS machines

Funiest thing. "Bout 7:15 dis mawn'in got to de doc office punch de button to take my park'in ticket and de frigg'in arm won't raise and let me in.. Zo, I back up pull out de ole Atlanta Urinal & Constipation, read de obits and start werk'in de crosswerd puzzle with my interior lights on.

In a few minutes de got 10-15 cars backed up try'in to get in de place and I'm parked kinda outa de way. Oh Yeah, It's rain'in like de cow on de flat rock.

Pretty soon, It's start'in to look like a Chinese firedrill One "Buckhead Betty [in her Jag] gets out and trys to raise de arm in de rain wit her shoulder.

I tried to call de docs office on my cell to get them to call de building manager but de don't take de phone of de hook til 7:30.

Eventually, after de log jam has reached 'bout 30 cars.sum Yahoo comes out wit a card and starts lett'in everybody in swip'in his car fer each car.

I jes lub dis modern world.

All dis was befo I backed up into de dwarfs Mini Cooper
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... you've just had a heck of a day, huh?? At least you can laugh about it, which is a good thing. Glad you're gonna be vertical a while longer, lol!
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:34 PM

Morning all, clear skies today with a chance of still hot

Good to hear all went well with the check up Jamesbo, besides the parking and mini incidents but you can right them off as small problems

As I'm a might bit younger then some here if I have any computer issues I just fix them but I'm starting to feel pain in places that didn't have pain before

That stinks about your paycheck Sandy, I would miss $30 too I know the feeling you get at the end of the year when you get your certificate to say just how much you earned and all you can think of is where the hell did all that money go?

I watch the NFL when ever it is on here, my team is the Patriots so go team Tinks team are the Packers so she isn't too happy about their performance this year

Well I better go get my dog from the out laws, he is still taking himself for a walk

Have a good day folks

Adrian
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by CQR
Allan, You sure know a lot about some nasty products. We're you involved with Chemical warfare in your professional days?
Yes, I got to know about a lot of nasty products when I developed procedures for dangerous goods at work. Wasn't chemical warfare though, it was education, preventive measures and containment issues. We needed those for our shop, + dealing with risk assessment for accidental releases from containerized vessels transported on the rail line immediately adjacent to ours. I don't miss dealing with it though.

Originally Posted by slantflat
the other day the ventilation system wasn't working so the primer they were spraying was just hanging in the air. Now, all the painters had their PPE on and they had signs up saying don't come in, but I'm wondering how they thought we'd get to work.
3 levels of protection in order of preference
1. Engineered controls (air handling scrubbers, dedicated air supply and breathing masks/suits for painters, contained/isolated environment)
2. Administrative controls (training, procedures and signage)
3. PPE

Based only on the picture Mike presents, it sounds a lot like there's some due diligence missing at the management end for ensuring employee safety. There should always be more than one access to a commercial work area especially if it's close to a hazard like Mike described. In Canada an employee would not be required to do what Mike had to do simply to access his work station, and could legally refuse work under those conditions. That employee would be totally correct nor could they be disciplined; they would be protected under terms of our OH&S legislation. (ref: Employer/Employee Responsibilities)

In reflection, I'm just wondering if the chromium in question was VI or III. III is commonly used in zinc chromate paint typically found on aircraft. Most of the signage for paint booths should apply as No Entry to the booth while spraying is occuring. This is why I was concerned - see section 8 Engineering controls for Chromium VI: Chromium VI MSDS
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everybody.

Rainy, gross night out. So far this week the weather channel has had it all wrong. No rain when it's predicted, and rain when it isn't. I've always liked the idea of living in a desert.

Allan to be fair, I could have walked half way around the hangar and into my work area. I thought I could hold my breath through the paint area, which I could for a little while. We used to be able to walk in a door at the end of the bay and then walk down a hallway removed from the painting. Then the airport decided that was a security risk(read that as someone's brother sells chain link fence) and now we have to walk through the bay. I think I'm just going to park someplace different and go the other route. The stickers on the door warn against Chromium VI.

So Jamesbo you're good for another year before the dreaded physical. I get a little cranky too when I go for mine. My doctors office will send prescriptions through the mail, in with some other drivel that I don't read and then weeks later I find out I should have had this filled. Eh, it's usually for Vitamin D, which vertibrate mammals get from the sun, and I like the look on his face when I tell him I'll just drink Vitamin D milk.

Adrian what was the outcome with the outlaws taking the little girl on vacation without you? I know you weren't going to let them, but was there ever repercussion from it? How's the Morris?

Ah last night of work. I got plenty to keep me busy over my weekend. I need to put on my wading pants and go secure the cover on my neighbor's boat on the water side. If I try to lean over to do it I'd fall in anyway. Might as well look like a fool but still be dry when I'm finished.

Have a great night everyone.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:51 PM

Well, I may finally get to use the new snowblower, as they are calling or 8-12" of snow next Wednesday...of course that's the day that I will be going to NAIAS (Detroit Auto Show).
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:47 AM

Evening all, hot night here at work and I just want to go home and sleep in the air con

Mike the outlaws dropped the vacation subject for now but I'm sure they will bring it up again when we get closer to Minettes birthday then I will let you all know how that goes

I have a oil leak in the transmission that I have to fix before I get a road worthy and that is about it, it's just a worn out seal by the looks of it.

Time to start paying attention to this machine have a good day olds friends

Adria
n
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:28 AM

·

Jamesbo
I think we have the same Doc. Or at least they went to the same med school!

Rain in and nasty in NC this mornin. Mac is going to be PO'd if he doesn't get his walk.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

I felt it comin on for a coupla days already, Well its here. I feel like death warmed over.

I sure am glad someone is gettin some moisture cuz it sure aint us. Even the slow thats been on the ground isn't leaving a wet spot. Its just drying up and disappearing.

Adrian, Is it cooling off at all down there? Is it humid where you live or is it an arid heat like Vegas? (Or here in Colorado)
I saw that Oz was having record heat but haven't heard if it was near any populated areas or just in the bush.

Sandy, finally came to a resolution with the dreaded phone company. I was able to get a hold of 2 different managers, and both have verified (one in writing) that they have no intentions of following the terms of the contract. So now I can print all that off, and change companies while I wait for them to sue me.

Well, I'm gonna find me something to try to reduce the pressure in my head.

Have a great day all.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Clint I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. I've dodged the malady so far this winter but doubt I can hold out. I never do.

Rain and yuck this morning, and all night actually. Now they are saying 20s and snow for tonight. Mostly the N. Georgia mountains. Jamesbo be careful up there.

Allan when I would go to the demo derby's the car the guys ran most was the Grand Marquis. Though I remember Darlene, in the Powder Puff derby, ran about a 77 Toronado. She never did very well but I didn't attribute that to the car. She'd never spin out or get stuck in a pile up. She just didn't drive very fast. The crowd favorite was Camille. She owned a bridal shop and had a three foot Barbie in a wedding dress bolted to the trunk of her Grand Prix.

The pups seem to be taking to their room. They go in there a little more freely and haven't scratched the place up. I haven't gotten plywood for the walls yet but I'm still going to.

Think I'll catch some Zs for a little while, since it's so crappy out. Can't do much outside. Have a good day everyone, Clint feel better.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:16 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, De Weather talk'in heads are scream'in snow down ere.

Better rush to de stow and buy bread, milk and beer. I don't drink beer or use milk but it's kinda a Hotlanta tradition dat when de are Holler'in fer snow EVERONE runs to de stow.

De might be expect'in a whole inch. I wish my friends who know how to spell Zamboni could see de local new/weather down ere. I would be better dan de Marx brothers. .

John, Ya com'in up fer de blizzard?

GTG Olds friends or Kroger will be slap empty
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, senors y senoras

First mostly dry morning driving down in quite a while.... we missed the snow, but there were reports of flurries about 20 miles N of us.

Jamesbo, it looks like N GA is really getting a blanket... wish I were up there now... I'd have the fireplace blasting. But alas, it's going to be months before little Johnny can make it up. But when I do, it will be for 2 weeks minimum.... I've never been up there that long before. With the motorcycle in the spring, should be quite nice... can't say how much I'm looking forward to it. Didn't think about Hotlanta getting it, but if we got it down here, it would surely stand to reason y'all would get even more. But there's just something about the snow in the mountains that, as the Eagles once said, gives me a peaceful, easy feelin'.....even if it's cold as your mother-in-law's heart.

BTW, I saw your periodontist down here doing donuts on somebody's front lawn; he said he's tired of the Boxster and wants a new Cayenne Turbo S.

As for me, my dermatologist said he needs the down payment on the 2014 Vette, but he's nice enough to wait for the Z06s to be released....

Did everybody see the pic's of the new C7? I love the performance, but gotta' say, I'm not wild about the styling. A little too busy & gaudy looking for me. All I do is compare it to the C2s and C5s, which I personally (what a shock!) think were art on wheels. The rear (with "Camaro" style taillights) seems to be the most controversial styling element.

Was 37 at the Plantation, and is supposed to get into 20s tonite ... then gradually start warming again (near 60 by tomorrow afternoon).

Whelp, lotsa' work today, so y'all have a great one.... & keep warm and dry.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 17th, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and dark here, temps at 31 degrees right now. Chance of some snow on and off all day, but nothing major. I heard about the south getting the snow! That sucks. I just talked to one of our Houston folks and he said it was 30 degrees there this morning. That's cold for them. I'm not looking forward to the arctic air next week around here....

Nicole is job shadowing over at the vet's office in Akron today, where we took Emmett. She's leaving later this afternoon for her animae convention whatever in Columbus. Of course she has a friend - male - coming in from Canada to attend it also.... she is picking him up at a bus station in Cleveland later. I told her NOT to bring him to the house today while we are not there. I don't want any strange people in the house when I'm not there. She won't listen.....

Didn't do anything last night. Sat around bored. At least it's still partly daylight at 5:30 now, which is good. I'll take every second I can get!

Clint... hope you feel better! Everyone is sick, it seems. I keep eating my vitamins, spraying, and using hand sanitizer. Ohio has been hit hard with that stupid flu, and I don't want it!!

Mike..... I take Vitamin D twice a day. I have for years. It helps the body absorb calcium, and they say in these areas where we get hardly any sun, you should take like 1200 mg. of it a day. I've thought about investing in one of those sun lamps, lol. I get really bummed in the fall and winter. I need sun!!

Jamesbo.... you be careful in all that snow, lol! Make a pot of soup and stay away from the stow!

John... I see the Swampers come back on Valentines day night! I'm happy!

I'd hate what Dr. Cha Ching Banks bought with all the money I paid him over the summer.....

Well you all have a good day!!
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
NOVICE car nut

Funiest thing. "Bout 7:15 dis mawn'in got to de doc office punch de button to take my park'in ticket and de frigg'in arm won't raise and let me in.. Zo, I back up pull out de ole Atlanta Urinal & Constipation, read de obits and start werk'in de crosswerd puzzle with my interior lights on.

In a few minutes de got 10-15 cars backed up try'in to get in de place and I'm parked kinda outa de way. Oh Yeah, It's rain'in like de cow on de flat rock.

Pretty soon, It's start'in to look like a Chinese firedrill One "Buckhead Betty [in her Jag] gets out and trys to raise de arm in de rain wit her shoulder.

I tried to call de docs office on my cell to get them to call de building manager but de don't take de phone of de hook til 7:30.

Eventually, after de log jam has reached 'bout 30 cars.sum Yahoo comes out wit a card and starts lett'in everybody in swip'in his car fer each car.

I jes lub dis modern world.

All dis was befo I backed up into de dwarfs Mini Cooper
And it wasn't even monday morning !
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM

Yeah Clint lots of record heat alright and alot of it is in populated areas

Most of the time in summer the humidity is pretty high here (30 min west of Brisbane city) but you get used to it most of the time unless we have a heat wave in which case I will crank the air con and hope it doesn't die on me

Hope Nicole has fun at the convention. She seems to go to alot of them, good for her to have something that she is passionate about at such a "young" age

Rug up good and proper in all that snow Jamesbo, we don't want you coming down with something like Clint

Hope you are feeling better real soon Clint. There is nothing I hate more then being sick.

I am going to be like Jamesbo next week and go for a round of golf on Monday. I am even picking up a couple mates from work in the Olds. I get a real kick out of being able to give the guys from work a ride in a real car, not like the plastic pieces of junk you buy now a days. It also helps that they to like classic cars

Welp I better think about getting to bed soon, still have a night shift to go

Have a good day mates

Adrian
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:58 AM
CQR

Morning all,

Coming down for the Jazz Fest this year, Clint?
No, John, not this year. Not sure how much traveling we are gonna do. Sister in law is bearing another devil's spawn so the wife and kid have to run the store for her in addition to their current jobs.

Adrian, Sandy, Mike, Thanks for the well wishes. I don't get sick very often, I guess thats why I'm such a whiner when I do. I brought home a bottle of American Honey last night for my throat. Made the evening pretty good until it wore off. Then the whacko dreams started. What is up with dreams when you are sick? Man are they odd.

Adrian, Hope you have a good 'smack whitey around day'. Stay cool and Hydrated

Jamesbo, Hope you survived the falling ice, You ready to chain up the burb?

Happy Friday all.
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:15 AM

Mawn'in all

Cold but de snow fizzled out

Adrian, Tanks fer de new expression. I'll "rug up" good [or find me a fat girl]

Clint, I hopes ya get ta feel'in mo better. NO ON BUT IDIOTS use chains down ere. by de time ya get them on it's gone.

Sandy, I didn't make a pot of soup. I made a greasy chili cheese burger.

Welp, I'm off to de mountains.

Enjoy your Friday Olds friends.
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Pretty sunrise out here this morning, a cold 19 degrees though! We had some flurries around last night and the wind chill made it feel like about 18. It was cold. Tomorrow we're gonna be around 50 then Sunday around 20 and it goes downhill from there. Looks like we might have snow along with the cold now.

Clint... glad you're feeling better. I hate getting sick too. I'm fortunate that I don't get too many colds. I seem to get more major things wrong with me, lol. Colds are just miserable.... take some extra vitamin C!

Jamesbo.... we need a new soup recipe! I'll probably be making some kind of soup over the weekend.

Nicole and her 'friend' came by the house last night to get something she forgot, and he stayed in the car. I saw him and waved, but that was it. They made it to Columbus around 11:00, she texted me. I hope she has fun. She's going to be Yuna from Final Fantasy at this convention. She also took her Dante outfit. Adrian may know who these people are.....

Where's Scot been? Hope all is ok with him!

There was a cat that came to the house last night and was fighting with Doodle out in the breezeway! I heard the yowling and noise and opened the door and went out. I don't know who got the better end of the stick, lol. They had moved out to the deck, and there was hair and 'spray' all over the place. Dude had some wet spots on him, don't know if from the other cats mouth or spray or what. His tail was all puffed up huge, lol. Hunks of fur hanging out of his coat. I dried him and brushed him, lol. That cat has been coming in and eating Dudes food at night, cause his bowl has been empty the last few nights. I feel bad the cat is outside in the winter. I don't know who's cat it is. It's a pretty dark tiger striped one. I chased it off last night.

Well have a good Friday all.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Clint, hope you feel better real soon. Dey jus released the list of performers at Jazz Fest; I won't be going (surprise, surprise), but Billy Joel, Earth+Wind+Fire, and Maroon 4 are among the bigger acts. As my dear grandmother used to say, "Let them come see me."

Jamesbo, enjoy da' mountains. Wish I was dare 2. I'm countin' days 'til 3/31 (last day of work, the way it's lookin').

Sandy, everybody's got kitty issues... Hope the poor interloper manages to find a home. My better half is supposed to get some new Yota pic's today.... we can't to see them.

Y'all have a great Fry-Day.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 18th, 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Always room for one more

High Noon everybody!

Had a productive morning. Started out at Awful house, mailed some bills, picked up a trophy I had made, went to Walmart. Pretty day out, but everything is a soggy mess so I will probably find inside stuff to do today.

Jamesbo I'm glad the snow went easy on you. It got to about 40 here last night but that sure seemed cold. A little windy, too. This morning the dogs ran out on the porch like gangbusters, like they always do, and there was a thin layer of frost and they skidded to a stop just before tumbling down the stairs. They tiptoed down like they were sneaking up on someone. Comical.

Sandy I hope Nicole has a good time. The woman I'm supposed to be in a relationship with does that sort of thing. I used to go with her to DragonCon here in Atlanta every year, boy there's some strange looking people there. They remind me of the deadheads.

Whatever happened to that guy in Thailand? I think he was gone before I got here but I saw him when I was looking back through the thread. He posted quite a bit.

Okay gonna find something to do. Have a great day everyone. Hope you all have a fun weekend planned.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM

Mike, Are thes sum of your neighbors?
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM

Happy Friday

Top of the morning to you guys even though it is now lunch time. Had an appoint this morning and just catching up. Mac has missed his walk the past 2 days with the abomanible weather pattern we are in. He will be climbing the walls like a cat if I don't get him some exercise. Heading for Va to visit Grace's dad for the weekend. He is 85 lives alone and doesn't kick as high as he used too. Scheduled for knee surgery next mo so maybe he will be able to go a little quicker. Anyway spent the past couple of nights makin big pots o Veggie soup and chilli. I freeze it up in single servings and take up when we go. Won't be too exciting but at least it will give me a break from scraping undercoating.
Stay healthy guys and watch how hard you kick ol whitey around. Sometimes he will find something to ricochet off of and come hit you back!. Have a good weekend all.
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Always room for one more

Ya Jamesbo something like that. Only it wouldn't be milk they'd be throwing around.

Did you ever make it down here to that cuban restaurant?
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Cold here today, think it may have made it to 30 but no white stuff in site. Roads are still clean for cruisin!

Had to do a front brake job on my Eldo today. Frozen caliper and a warped and heated rotor. Think I would have noticed it sooner, oh well. Brake fluid was nice and muddy.

Adrian - have to laugh because you're watching football here in the U.S. and I'm watching the Australian Open here.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:05 PM

Jamesbo...that poor thing on the right in the photo, send her up here so's I kin keep 'er warm!
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Frost on the pumpkin! The dogs were a little more cautious when they went outside today. It's supposed to warm up like yesterday, close to 60.

Today I'm going to the Bruce Weiner Micro Car museum in Madison, GA. I don't know if he's related to the senator. Madison is about an hour from me and I've been meaning to go to this place for some time. Well, next week it's closing so that prompts my trip today. Seems like a pattern.

Darrell one time many moons ago my Mom took her Chevy Caprice to the local Goodyear place for brakes. The guy listed all the work they were going to do and it included putting on rebuilt calipers. I said, the calipers are fine don't change them. Oh no he said, it's part of the package. After that, anything more than light braking would lock those calipers up tight as a drum, and it would take several seconds for them to release. We took it back and they did all these tests, hooked up the power bleeder, beat the hell out of the car driving up and down the road, and said everything was normal. I kept saying it was the calipers but I was a kid(under 20) so what did I know? The problem still persisted when we traded the car years later.

Watched an hour or so of the BJ auction last night. That's about all I could stand of it. I'm all for charity but give me a break, every other car, and then those people up there gushing about how great BJ is. BARF! Anyway turned it on just as that red 442 with the experimental aluminum engine was going across. The car is from Atlanta and it was on ebay for 200+. Last night it went for 73K.

Okay gotta get ready for the day and hit the road. Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Colder dan a well digger's shovel ere dis mawnin

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Where's Scot been? Hope all is ok with him!
He's here somewhere All is well, thanks

Although I did receive some disheartening news last evening. My second oldest is committing to the USMC. I know she is tough enough but the marines??? I guess I don't have enough gray hair for her yet Well like I told her, they will MAKE or Break you.

Jamesbo I sent you an email yesterday.

Mike I've always wanted to check out that museum. I hear they are going to auction off everything soon http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=757553
Old January 19th, 2013, 09:58 AM

Mawn'in all

Not really it afternoon.

Soct, I got de e-mail and I' a think'in on de subject. Kinda reminds me of de utter day when I picked up de Colt AK. Went by a gun stow and one fella says 12/13 easy. De boss comes up and says Blah,blah no folding stock 350/400 Zo, I call a bud and he brings me $1,350 CASH in less than an hour

Mike, I thought you wanted de name of a cuban place. I've got the best one around 'bout a mile from de house. It's not like I don't wanta burn gas and drive to bumf&))) egyypt to eat Cuban.

John, I spoke wit de Ga Power lake shaman yesterday. He said we got 10" of rain. De try'in to lower de lake so people can werk on thar boat house but it's fill'in up faster than can lower it.

Well Olds friends, enjoy de weekend
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Sampson
Top of the morning to you guys even though it is now lunch time.
And the rest of the day is yours my friend!

Hope everyone's Saturday went well. We went from summer back to winter here overnight. Temps fell horrendously and that white stuff is starting to gently cover the bare roads again....Oh well, it's not gonna last forever. Maybe I shouldn't have washed the car..

Scot - (I had to resist the urge to spall yer name like Jim) - don't be upset with her! If she makes it through the marine training program she'll be tougher than nails when she comes out and you can hire her to be your security. Loved that movie with Demi Moore; can't think of the name right now I think it was GI Jane or something like that. Colder than..... a well diggers shovel, a witches heart, the hair on a polar bears ****, a bucket o penguin $hite...... all's good unless it's long term.

Mike - I hear ya on BJ. I think it's misleading to say it stands for Barret Jackson though... Seems like anytime I want to see what an Olds will get hammered away on? They put on a commercial and come back right after it's gone off stage. No love lost and I have only seen about 45 minutes of that crap this year. I'm guessing if a guy wanted to pick up a really nice driver classic though, going on the first day would give you the car you wanted.

Dan - If Jamesbo shipped that up to y'all? You wouldn't know what to do with it.

Adrian - first time I heard of 'rug up'. Dat might be ok fer jamebo, but us hardier types, what he's got is jes a light fleece jacket and long pants instead of shorts and sandals.

Clint - I stayed away from you this long in case you were contagious . Now that you're past that stage I recommend you visit with Dr. Morgan, or Dr. Daniels or heck - the whole Coors light babe squad...
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:33 PM

"Dan - If Jamesbo shipped that up to y'all? You wouldn't know what to do with it". I most certainly would....here's a bucket, there's the mop, get busy, I want ya to make dinner after that!